Whether you represent a recognizable fitness studio or only make your first steps as a personal trainer, you must have a professional website. A decent web resource seems to be the most effective tool to grow your business considering tough competition in the fitness marketplace. Forget about brick-to-mortar methods of selling training services. They are much different from what we are used to. Today, flawless fitness knowledge and great interpersonal skills are not enough.
Ten years ago, all you needed is to meet a customer and get on well with him or her. This time, fitness and training niche requires a more powerful tool in the face of a website. Web building platforms appear to be a good solution. They are cost-effective, easy-to-use, and provide all necessary tools a perfect fitness website should have. Whether you need to represent your portfolio in the most stunning way or drive customers to your fitness studio, website builders have everything you may need.
Website Builders for Fitness
Reasons to use website builders for the development of websites for fitness studios are numerous. What matters most, however, is that these systems are known for their ultimate convenience and ease of use. This concerns both proficient web developers and those, who currently lack the experience.
The latter aspect matters a lot for fitness studio owners, who obviously cannot boast deep web design knowledge. Mastering the platforms and launching websites with them won’t be difficult due to the guidelines, video and manual tutorials, practical recommendations they provide.
The undeniable highlight of almost all website builders is the templates they offer. The themes are usually customizable and can fit various industries, including sports and fitness. They are also well-optimized for SEO promotion and don’t require any marketing or programming knowledge at all. The cost aspect should not be underestimated as well – website builders generally offer affordable plans to fit any budget.
Looking for popular fitness studio website builders? Have a look at the reviews of the best services, which may come up to your web development needs.
Wix – is the best fitness website builder, which boasts a huge section of gym, fitness and coach templates that have a lot to contribute to the impact. A collection of themes highlights colorful design perfect for instructor’s portfolio, premium-quality images, and a full set of WYSIWYG website building tools. The advantages are as follows:
- Designs for Coaches and Fitness Studios. Wix delivers bright templates for both fitness salons and independent instructors. They are free and have already in-built editing instruments. No coding or designing skills are required.
- Easy Navigation. Wix makes it easy for your visitors to find a necessary section. Whether they want to watch a video about a specific workout or enter the blog, an in-built search bar will come in handy.
- Wix App Market. Download plenty of widgets and plugins free right from Wix App Market. Make a professional gallery for your amazing portfolio, implement live chat function or enable a workout calendar, social sharing buttons and more.
- Mobile-Optimized Templates. Build a mobile-friendly website with Wix effortlessly. Each template will run equally great on any mobile device despite the type, carrier or OS.
Cost: Wix offers a free plan for users, whose major intention is to test the system to find out its major features and advantages over the main competitors. The free plan is unlimited, which allows exploring the service for as long as you need that. As soon as you decide to proceed to website creation, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions Wix offers. There are five of them by now. The cost of premium plans starts with $4.50/mo for the cheapest Connect Domain Plan and reaches $24.50/mo for the most expensive VIP Plan.
When deciding upon the subscription, mind that the Connect Domain comes with Wix add banner. If you don’t need it, it makes sense to sign up for the Combo Plan or higher. Thus, the cost of using the website builder looks more than a bargain when it comes to creating a fully-customized and functional website for a fitness studio.
uKit – is the easiest personal trainer website builder. It is a good option for professionals and well-established fitness centers. A set of tools makes it possible to personalize each page. uKit makes the browsing experience convenient for your visitors. Choose from online calculator, calendar, and other features to make a professional looking website with the following benefits:
- Perfect for Fitness Instructors. uKit is a great pick for coaches and instructors. The website builder was designed to create eye-catching portfolios featuring media files like videos. Add professional photographs of any size, attach workout guides or highlight your professionalism in any other way.
- Customers Are Aware. uKit offers well-organized templates featuring contact and professional information section. Just fill in necessary data to keep your customers aware. All sections are easily edited.
- Mobile Ready Website. uKit uses the latest technologies and follows latest trends. For this reason, it offers fully responsive templates available for mobile users as well.
More Widgets to Choose. Although uKit cannot boast its own app market, it still provides built-in customized widgets. They are easy to install and integrate. Whether you need an online calculator or calendar to keep in touch with a sporty diet, uKit has everything you may need.
Cost: You won’t find a free plan in uKit, yet the system lets you test the selected plan for free during the 14-day trial. This time is enough to find out the benefits and downsides of the system as well as its major implication. As to the paid subscriptions, there are four of them here. The cost of the most affordable Minimal Plan constitutes $4/mo, while that of the most expensive Pro Plan is $12/mo. The pricing policy of the system is quite cost-effective for all user categories. Considering the initial orientation of the service upon small businesses, the cost of using it is definitely worth the attention.
WordPress – is the CMS, which has recommended itself as the undeniable leader of the web design niche. The system is not quite difficult to use, but it still implies the knowledge of programming basics and web design experience to cope with extensive integration options provided. The advanced application of the platform is impossible without plugin and template integration, which is needed to give your website advanced functionality and outstanding design. The major benefits of the Content Management System are listed below:
- Responsive Niche Templates. The service has a collection of templates provided out-of-the-box, but there is also an opportunity to pick new themes on the web and customize them with regard to your business needs. These templates are available for for free and for extra cost. If you give preference to free samples, make sure they are developed by trusted web designers not to pose your website safety at risk.
- WP Plugins for Fitness Studios & Gyms. Whether you own a full-blown gym or just plan to start your own fitness blog, WordPress has a collection of specialized plugins to offer.
- Client Interaction Plugins. Apart from providing fitness-related plugins, the system also offers a set of client interaction plugins that help stay connected with customers, keeping them informed about your business news and updates.
Cost: WordPress is completely free for everyone. You can download and install the system at no cost at all, using the feature set provided out-of-the-box to build a decent website for fitness studio. If you feel that your coding skills will be enough to apply more extensive web design options, you can pick more plugins and templates at extra cost.
What’s more, you’ll need to take care of domain name and hosting to make your website accessible on the web. Actually, you can choose any hosting provider you prefer, but the CMS recommends using its official hosting provider – Bluehost. The company offers several plans to choose from, which come at affordable cost. The cheapest Bluehost plan, for example, will cost you $2.95/mo only.
Ucraft – is an advanced website builder, which stands out from the crowd due to the ease-of-use, abundance of design customization tools, responsive niche templates and intuitive web building nature. These features make the system applicable for projects developed both by newbies and web design professionals. The highlights of the website builder are as follows:
- Personal Trainer Templates. The website builder offers a couple of Sports templates as well as Health&Fitness themes you can effectively customize to make them suitable for your fitness studio website. The templates are fully responsive and will perfectly adapt both to desktop and mobile devices.
- Logo Maker. With Ucraft, you can create your own fitness studio logo or download the existing one to further integrate it into the website. This will display your business in favorable light, giving it trusted design. The feature is provided at no cost.
- Landing Page Creator. Ucraft has a perfect offer to fitness studio owners, who wish to present the major info about their businesses all in one place. Just start a landing page with the website builder for free and make your clients aware of the business info you’d like them to know.
- Articles App. Adding a blog section or a news feed to your fitness studio website becomes simple with the Articles App Ucraft offers. This is the tool that lets you write and publish articles, updating your website blog as you need.
- Multilanguage Support. It’s not a problem to make your fitness studio website multilingual by using the corresponding Ucraft tool. This will help attract the attention of clients from abroad, who live in your location and wish to join the sports club or the fitness studio you run.
Cost: Ucraft is quite a cost-effective website builder. It has a free plan, which can be used for the unlimited time interval to let users test all the details of the system. As to the paid subscriptions, there are three premium plans, the cheapest of which will cost you $10/mo, while the most expensive plan will cost $39/mo.
Prior to making the payment, you can test the features of the plan you are interested in during 14 days absolutely for free. The system also allows launching decent landing pages at no cost due to the one-of-a-kind Landing Page Creator it offers.
Bookmark – is a website builder, which belongs to the systems of new generation that are based on the Artificial Intelligence. The advanced integrated tool does not only simplify the entire website development process, but even creates a stunning website for you in the automated mode. This is what makes the system a superb choice for users, whose web design knowledge is far from professional. Among the major Bookmark features, it makes sense to mention the following:
- AIDA Assistant. The first and the foremost Bookmark highlight is definitely its AIDA Assistant. This is the AI-powered tool, which will generate a ready-made fitness studio website for you in the automated mode. There is no need to learn coding skills to do that. What you need is to submit the required information and watch the result.
- Events Section. The website builder allows publishing and updating your fitness studio website, providing fresh info about the upcoming events, news, plans, calendar updates etc. This helps keep your visitors informed about the most important business facts you’d like them to pay attention to.
- Focus Feature. Bookmark lets you browse the collection of pre-designed modules, which can give your fitness studio website great look and exceptional functionality. Among the elements you can integrate, it makes sense to mention quotes, texts, social network buttons, links and maps etc.
- Statistics Collection Tools. Bookmark has an excellent statistics collection system, which allows getting detailed information about your website performance, including the traffic amount and sources, number of unique visitors and page views, preferred languages, countries users come from, time they spend at the website etc. Analysis of this info will help you undertake special measures (if needed) to prevent the potential website-related problems.
Cost: Bookmark offers a completely free plan that will be of great help to users willing to work with the system in future. Having found out the major features of the service, you’ll be able to further upgrade to one of the paid plans it offers. Their cost constitutes $11.99 and $24.99 per month granted that you make the one-time annual payment. If this option does not appeal to you for some reason, you are allowed to make monthly payments, which are somewhat more expensive and constitute $15 and $30 per month correspondingly.
The Ultimate Guide to Build a Perfect Website for a Fitness Studio
Building a website from scratch is less challenging than it may seem. Moreover, today’s website builders do half of the work for you. Here are the essential steps of launching your own web resource:
Step #1 – Choose a Domain Name
It does not matter if you already run a fitness studio or not, selecting the domain name is a pretty straightforward process. Users can benefit from online services like Godaddy, 1&1 IONOS or similar. Here you can choose the .com zone and type in the name of your company. If you do not have one, simply type in your full name. DavidGreen[.]com – a great domain name for a personal instructor’s website, isn’t it?
Note: Avoid numbers, hyphens, obscure extensions, etc.
Step #2 – Choose a Web Hosting
Finally, we have an awesome domain name for our website. We are full of anticipation and ideas for the content. But first, we need a place to store that content. This place is called “web hosting”. You can surf the net in search of the most appropriate offer or simply opt for a website builder featuring hosting with any size limit to download as many files, images and videos as you need. Web hosting is already included in a plan. You save time, money and get everything you need for a start in one place.
Step #3 – Work with the Content
Most personal instructors and fitness studios write the same things in a typical way. This is wrong, as you need to stand out from them. A simple training or workout blog is hardly enough. You need to channel the content featuring professional photos, coaching videos, and helpful training ideas. Once you grab the attention of your target audience, make the content consistent and keep on writing.
Step #4 – Use The Best SEO Practice
When we are talking about SEO, we mean driving free traffic from Google and other search engines. The idea is to attract the attention of highly rated visitors. So, keep focused on using keywords when writing titles and description. Use special services like Google Trends to search for the most requested key phrases in your niche and sort them by locations. Not only tags should include the key phrase, but also alts, image descriptions, etc. Keep your URLs as simple,relevant and compelling as possible.
Traditional email marketing is still a good way to establish good relations with your potential customers. Capture their emails and foster interaction. Also, use keywords to benefit from higher search engine rankings. Social sharing always matters! According to surveys, users spend more time on major social platforms like Facebook and Instagram than on the web. Make sure your website provides social sharing buttons. Oh, website builders already have them.
Essential Fitness Website Features
The quality of your website is of great value. Not only it makes the first impression but also influences further interaction with potential customers. On the other hand, a web resource is another opportunity to stand out from competitors. All you need is to add some unique features and sections that others do not have. But first, start with some baseline essentials:
- Introduce the Experts – every customer expects your staff to be presented by professional experts. Introduce your staff in a separate “Qualification” section describing their working experience, achievements, photo and other profile information;
- Create a Showroom – highlight your fitness facilities and service using bright images, coaching videos, professional photos of staff working with customers. This will gain credibility and let you highlight the winning points of your studio;
- Contact Information – indicate the precise location of the gym, phone number, email and other information to keep in touch with you;
- Testimonials – this section is vital as it depicts the level of your services and rives more customers. Avoid dealing with fake reviews. Ask real customers to share their experience;
- Call to Action – you know what it is unless you have lived in a cave for the last 10 years. Inspire your visitors to use services. Offer discounts, bonuses, promo codes and other features to put an ease on a customer’s wallet.
Essential Personal Trainer Website Features
You are more wrong to think that a website for a personal trainer is less demanding. It is all about reputation and catchy presentation of your skills. Make sure your website has the following:
- Catchy Photos – use professional images to create a bright gallery. Add photos of your muscles, workouts, happy customers, etc.;
- Coaching Videos – create a content that stands out from typical blogs and articles. Shoot your own professional videos describing all vital issues when it comes to personal training. Make visitors engaged;
- Trainers Bio – introduce yourself to potential customers in a separate section. Speak of your age, qualification, achievements, and everything that your visitors may find useful;
- Customer Reviews – make sure your clients share their experience on your website. It will make your website look more professional and trustworthy.
Competitive fitness marketplace hardly reserves any chances for those, who still do not have a website. However, it does not seem to be a serious problem considering the availability of website builders. They let you easily create a decent web resource with no extra costs, special skills or deep involvement.
Cost-efficiency, ease of use, effectiveness, integrated services and plugins, no need to hire developers each time you need upgrades – the list of advantages is not full. Benefit from simple tools to create a professional website from scratch.
TOP Website Builders for Fitness Studio
Wix is an advanced all-in-one website builders, which lets you easily create a mobile-optimized website from scratch, irrespective of whether you run a gym or act as an independent fitness instructor. Simply choose a plan that suits your budget and get an extended list of web building and editing tools.
uKit is a fast and easy way to launch a professional website for fitness studio or coach. No technical skills are required to use the system, even if you are a non-techie. Building a decent web resource with uKit is a piece of cake, while its pricing policy does not compromise with the extensive feature set.
WordPress is a trendy Content Management System, which is easy-to-master and allows building professional fitness studio websites from scratch. At the same time, the use of the service implies the knowledge of HTML/CSS basics, especially if you are going to work with plugin and template integration.
Ucraft is a decent cloud website builder, which comes with advanced designer tools, multiple responsive templates, eCommerce and blogging options, multi language support and lots of other benefits. The system works great for newbies and professionals and it’s also quite affordable.
Bookmark is a website builder, which deserves close attention due to its powerful and modern Artificial Intelligence tool known as AIDA. The system allows building quality fitness studio websites from scratch, irrespective of your web design skills.
There are multiple website builders to explore, when it comes to the choice of the web building tool. The major requirements you should stick to are ease-of-use, extensive feature set, convenience, intuitive web building nature and affordability. Wix, uKit, WordPress, Ucraft and Bookmark correspond to all these requirements and additionally offer much more benefits. Take your time to test them in details, if you really aim at picking the service that will be the best match for your fitness studio project.