Whether you represent a recognizable fitness studio or only make your first steps as a personal trainer, you must have a professional website. A great web resource seems to be the most effective tool to grow your business considering tough competition in the fitness marketplace. Forget about brick-to-mortar methods of selling training services. They are much different from what we are used to. Today, flawless fitness knowledge and great interpersonal skills are not enough.
Ten years ago, all you needed was to meet a customer and get on well with him or her. This time, fitness and training niche requires a more powerful tool in the face of a website. Web building platforms appear to be a good solution. They are cost-effective, easy-to-use, and provide all necessary tools a perfect fitness website should have. Whether you need to represent your portfolio in the most stunning way or drive customers to your fitness studio, website builders have everything you may need.
We Tested Out 5 Of The Best Fitness Website Builders:
Looking for popular and full-featured website builders to start your fitness studio website? It initially makes sense to review, analyze and compare the platforms listed above to see what they have to offer you. Let’s proceed to the detailed analysis of these systems to let you make the right choice with regard to your web development needs.
Wix – The Best Website Builder for Personal Trainers
Wix – is the best website builder for personal trainers and fitness studios, which comes with a wide range of gym, fitness and coach templates as well as a powerful feature set required for deep website customization. The system also grants access to myriads of advanced WYSIWYG web building tools, design customization features and other advantages that make the system stand out from the crowd. Haver a look at some of them now:
- Templates for Personal Trainers and Fitness Studios. Wix delivers quality and 100% customizable templates that work great for personal trainers and fitness studios. The designs are mobile-ready, which means that they display great across all desktop and mobile devices. They are also free and come with built-in instruments required to edit the project with regard to your special needs. No coding or preliminary web design expertise are required to successfully complete the task.
- Easy Website Navigation. The website builder notably simplifies the process of website navigation, making it easy for your website visitors to find sections or content they are looking for at the website. Whether they intend to watch a video about a certain type of workout or read one of the blog posts, for example, the integrated search bar will definitely come in handy to them.
- Wix App Market. The platform grants access to lots of applications, widgets, plugins and add-ons available in Wix App Market. They are free and paid, making it possible to pick those elements that ideally match your website specialization. By using the apps, you can create a professional gallery for your impressive fitness studio portfolio, integrate the live chat function, enable the workout calendar/schedule, add social sharing buttons and use other must-have features.
- Wix ADI. This is one of the distinctive highlights of the website builder, which allows creating quality fitness websites, making use of the Artificial Intelligence power. What you need is just to upload your industry-related content and watch the way Wix ADI designs a quality project for you.
- eCommerce Platform. The website builder comes with a powerful eCommerce platform that lets you connect a small-to-midsize web store to your fitness website. The feature will especially come in handy to you, if you plan to sell some sports equipment, apparel or other related items directly at the website.
- Blogging. Adding a blog to your fitness website may increase the traffic amount and overall user engagement rate. This is where you can post new sports/fitness-related articles, update the existing blog sections, enable user comments and other features that make your blog popular and functional.
- Client Interaction Tools. The website builder makes it possible to browse multiple client interaction tools available in the App Market and pick those that match your website specialization most. These tools simplify the process of communicating with clients, contributing to your project popularity and credibility. Some of the most widespread tools include Google Event Calendar, Latest News, Wix Chat, 123 Form Builder, Events Calendar, Scheduling Pro, Wix Forms, Callback, Book Appointments Online, Contact Management +CRM, Live Chat and more.
- Client Reviews. The platform allows integrating user testimonials into your website to let your clients share their ideas, opinions and reviews related to your business. This is the most credible way to provide the unbiased reviews about your fitness studio, professionalism level and the services you offer. With this purpose, you can browse the integrated widget collection of the service to pick and add some of the most quality widgets/apps from Wix App Market. These include Voice Comments+, Customer Reviews, Comments, Yelp, Comments+, Social Testimonials, Testimonial Builder, MyReviews and Inffuse Testimonials to mention a few.
Cost: Wix offers a free plan for users, whose major intention is to test the system to find out its major features and advantages over the main competitors. The free plan is unlimited, which allows exploring the service for as long as you need that. As soon as you decide to proceed to website creation, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions Wix offers. The thing is that paid plans provide multiple merits that are unavailable on a free subscription.
Thus, Wix offers free domain connection option, unlimited bandwidth and disk storage space, absence of ads as well as other merits included into the package of your choice. Wix currently offers two types of paid subscriptions – Standard and Business/eCommerce. The cost of Standard plans starts with $13/mo, while that of Business Plans starts with $23/mo. Whatever plan you will go for, it will be a worthy investment into your project.
uKit – Best Website Builder for Fitness Business
uKit – is the easiest and the best website builder for fitness business projects. This is a good option for professionals and well-established fitness centers. A set of tools makes it possible to personalize each page. uKit makes browsing experience convenient for your visitors. Choose from online calculator, calendar, and other features to make a professional looking website with the following benefits:
- Niche Templates. uKit offers an extensive collection of responsive templates fitness instructors and coaches may pick and customize to come up to their business promotion needs. The website builder offers an opportunity to design eye-catching portfolios that abound in media files like image and video galleries, for example. Add professional photographs of any size, attach workout guides, add contact and professional info or highlight your professionalism in any other way to drive new clients and grow your business.
- Professional Widget Choice. Although uKit cannot boast its own app market, it still provides built-in customized widgets. They are easy to install and integrate. Whether you need an online calculator or calendar to keep in touch with a sporty diet, uKit has everything you may need. Additionally, you can integrate business widgets to give your fitness website online popularity and customer trust. These include Steps, Google Maps, Timeline, Social Networks etc.
- eCommerce Solutions. uKit comes with a powerful eCommerce platform that makes it possible to run a functional web store, where you can sell sports-related goods and accessories. Another eCommerce option uKit offers is an opportunity to integrate Ecwid plugin that allows giving your website eCommerce focus. It’s up to you to pick the most suitable eCommerce solution that corresponds to your fitness website development needs.
- SendPulse Integration. uKit features seamless integration with SendPulse – one of the most popular widgets that allows adding and setting up online push notifications for website visitors. This is a handy feature that helps keep your current and potential clients notified about those events and news you wish them to know. The process of widget integration takes a few minutes only and can be completed even by a newbie.
Cost: You won’t find a free plan in uKit, yet the system lets you test the selected plan for free during the 14-day trial. This time is enough to find out the benefits and downsides of the system as well as its major implication. As to the paid subscriptions, there are four of them here.
The cost of the most affordable Minimal Plan constitutes $4/mo, while that of the most expensive Pro Plan is $12/mo. The pricing policy of the system is quite cost-effective for all user categories. Considering the initial orientation of the service upon small businesses, the cost of using it is definitely worth the attention.
WordPress – World’s #1 CMS to Create a FREE Website
WordPress – is the world’s #1 Content Management System you can use to create a free website with high end performance and great visual appeal. The platform is not quite complicated yet it implies certain web design proficiency and coding awareness.
The thing is that the CMS allows for deep integration options and hosting choice. This is a must, if you wish to give your fitness website advanced functionality to increase the amount of traffic and your business popularity in general. The major benefits of the Content Management System are listed below:
- Responsive Niche Templates. The service has a collection of templates provided out-of-the-box, but there is also an opportunity to pick new fitness-specific themes on the web and customize them with regard to your business needs. These templates are available for free and for extra cost. If you give preference to free samples, make sure they are developed by trusted web designers not to pose your website safety at risk.
- WP Plugins for Fitness Studios & Gyms. Whether you own a full-blown gym or just plan to start your own fitness blog, WordPress has a collection of specialized plugins to offer. Among the most handy and popular fitness and gym plugins, the following ones are on the top of the list: Premium BMI Calculator, Weight Loss Tracker Freemium WordPress Plugin, Meal Planner Pro Recipes Free Plugin, Free Keto Calculator WordPress Plugin, CF Whiteboard Free Crossfit Plugin, Content Unlocked: Free Fitness Plugin, WPGYM – Premium WordPress Gym Management System, Gym Studio Free Membership Management, MB Spirit for MINDBODY, Health & Fitness Quotes Widget, Premium Timetable Responsive Scheduling Plugin, WooCommerce Groups, Subscriptions & Booking, WooCommerce Bookings WordPress Plugin and many more.
- Client Interaction Plugins. Apart from providing fitness-related plugins, the system also offers a set of client interaction plugins that help stay connected with customers, keeping them informed about your business news and updates. The most useful and popular of them are Zopim Live Chat, Support Candy, uCare, Live Chat, AH Tickets, Help Scout Desk, Zendesk etc.
Cost: WordPress is completely free for everyone. You can download and install the system at no cost at all, using the feature set provided out-of-the-box to build a decent website for fitness studio. If you feel that your coding skills will be enough to apply more extensive web design options, you can pick more plugins and templates at extra cost.
What’s more, you’ll need to take care of domain name and hosting to make your website accessible on the web. Actually, you can choose any hosting provider you prefer, but the CMS recommends using its official hosting provider – Bluehost. The company offers several plans to choose from, which come at affordable cost. The cheapest Bluehost plan, for example, will cost you $2.95/mo only.
SITE123 – Online Platform with Great Fitness Web Designs
SITE123 – is one of the simplest online platforms with great fitness web designs that helps start and then effectively manage professional websites for fitness studios and personal trainers. This free cloud website builder comes with a convenient and handy WYSIWYG website editor, intuitive web design approach, multiple responsive templates and abundance of high end design customization tools that will give your project unique personalized look. Listed below are some of the most crucial features of the website builder:
- Responsive Industry-Specific Templates. The all-in-one website builder makes it possible to choose from multiple templates included into Health & Wellness and Recreation & Sport categories. What you need to start customizing the selected theme is to provide your fitness website name and proceed to further project editing, using multiple tools available in the system’s dashboard. All the templates are free. If you fail to pick the required design, you can choose a blank theme and start customizing it from scratch to avail 100% personalized fitness website.
- Multilingual Support. If you need a website available in several languages of your choice, you will be pleased to find out that SITE123 ensures multilingual support. There is no need to launch separate websites in different languages to match your web design and business preferences. Instead, you are offered an opportunity to start one project with multilingual functionality to reach the target audience abroad.
- Social Media Integration. The platform makes it possible to boost your fitness website popularity by adding and updating industry-related content in social networks. This is how your partners/clients will be able to find out more about your business, upcoming events, news, updates, special offers and other related info.
- eCommerce Engine. SITE123 is also known for its powerful eCommerce platform that lets you start and manage online stores. This matters a lot for fitness website owners, who have an intention to initiate sales processes via their websites to provide their clients with the best offers. The engine lets you create and update product assortment available in stunning galleries, set up shipping/payment parameters, launch and offer discounts, adjust PayPal options and complete some other must-have web store-related steps.
- Online Form Builder. When managing your fitness website, you might have the intention to integrate a certain online form depending upon your website specialization and objectives. This is where the integrated Form Builder will come in handy to you, letting you choose from multiple form layouts, design customization features and integrable elements.
Cost: When it tackles the pricing aspect, SITE123 stands out from the crowd due to its affordability. The system initially offers a free plan that lets you explore its crucial nuances in details. However, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions the system provides to avail multiple advantages it offers. The cost of the cheapest SITE123 subscription starts with $10.80/mo – this will certainly fit your budget.
Bookmark – One of the Best AI-Based Website Builders
Bookmark – is one of the best AI-based website builders. The platform comes with advanced integrated toolset, which does not only simplify the entire website development process, but even creates a stunning website for you in the automated mode. This is what makes the system a superb choice for users, whose web design knowledge is far from professional. Among the major Bookmark features, it makes sense to mention the following:
- AIDA Assistant. The first and the foremost Bookmark highlight is definitely its AIDA Assistant. This is the AI-powered tool, which will generate a ready-made fitness studio website for you in the automated mode. There is no need to learn coding skills to do that. What you need is to submit the required information and watch the result.
- Events Section. The website builder allows publishing and updating your fitness studio website, providing fresh info about the upcoming events, news, plans, calendar updates etc. This helps keep your visitors informed about the most important business facts you’d like them to pay attention to.
- Focus Feature. Bookmark lets you browse the collection of pre-designed modules, which can give your fitness studio website great look and exceptional functionality. Among the elements you can integrate, it makes sense to mention quotes, texts, social network buttons, links and maps etc.
- Statistics Collection Tools. Bookmark has an excellent statistics collection system, which allows getting detailed information about your website performance, including the traffic amount and sources, number of unique visitors and page views, preferred languages, countries users come from, time they spend at the website etc. Analysis of this info will help you undertake special measures (if needed) to prevent the potential website-related problems.
Cost: Bookmark offers a completely free plan that will be of great help to users willing to work with the system in future. Having found out the major features of the service, you’ll be able to further upgrade to one of the paid plans it offers. Their cost constitutes $11.99 and $24.99 per month granted that you make the one-time annual payment. If this option does not appeal to you for some reason, you are allowed to make monthly payments, which are somewhat more expensive and constitute $15 and $30 per month correspondingly.
The Ultimate Guide to Build a Perfect Website for a Fitness Studio
Building a website from scratch is less challenging than it may seem. Moreover, today’s website builders do half of the work for you. Here are the essential steps of launching your own web resource:
Step #1 – Choose a Domain Name
It does not matter if you already run a fitness studio or not, selecting the domain name is a pretty straightforward process. Users can benefit from online services like Godaddy, 1&1 IONOS or similar. Here you can choose the .com zone and type in the name of your company. If you do not have one, simply type in your full name. DavidGreen[.]com – a great domain name for a personal instructor’s website, isn’t it?
Note: Avoid numbers, hyphens, obscure extensions, etc.
Step #2 – Choose a Web Hosting
Finally, we have an awesome domain name for our website. We are full of anticipation and ideas for the content. But first, we need a place to store that content. This place is called “web hosting”. You can surf the net in search of the most appropriate offer or simply opt for a website builder featuring hosting with any size limit to download as many files, images and videos as you need. Web hosting is already included in a plan. You save time, money and get everything you need for a start in one place.
Step #3 – Work with the Content
Most personal instructors and fitness studios write the same things in a typical way. This is wrong, as you need to stand out from them. A simple training or workout blog is hardly enough. You need to channel the content featuring professional photos, coaching videos, and helpful training ideas. Once you grab the attention of your target audience, make the content consistent and keep on writing.
Step #4 – Use The Best SEO Practice
When we are talking about SEO, we mean driving free traffic from Google and other search engines. The idea is to attract the attention of highly rated visitors. So, keep focused on using keywords when writing titles and description. Use special services like Google Trends to search for the most requested key phrases in your niche and sort them by locations. Not only tags should include the key phrase, but also alts, image descriptions, etc. Keep your URLs as simple,relevant and compelling as possible.
Traditional email marketing is still a good way to establish good relations with your potential customers. Capture their emails and foster interaction. Also, use keywords to benefit from higher search engine rankings. Social sharing always matters! According to surveys, users spend more time on major social platforms like Facebook and Instagram than on the web. Make sure your website provides social sharing buttons. Oh, website builders already have them.
Essential Fitness Website Features
The quality of your website is of great value. Not only it makes the first impression but also influences further interaction with potential customers. On the other hand, a web resource is another opportunity to stand out from competitors. All you need is to add some unique features and sections that others do not have. But first, start with some baseline essentials:
- Introduce the Experts – every customer expects your staff to be presented by professional experts. Introduce your staff in a separate “Qualification” section describing their working experience, achievements, photo and other profile information;
- Create a Showroom – highlight your fitness facilities and service using bright images, coaching videos, professional photos of staff working with customers. This will gain credibility and let you highlight the winning points of your studio;
- Contact Information – indicate the precise location of the gym, phone number, email and other information to keep in touch with you;
- Testimonials – this section is vital as it depicts the level of your services and rives more customers. Avoid dealing with fake reviews. Ask real customers to share their experience;
- Call to Action – you know what it is unless you have lived in a cave for the last 10 years. Inspire your visitors to use services. Offer discounts, bonuses, promo codes and other features to put an ease on a customer’s wallet.
Essential Personal Trainer Website Features
You are more wrong to think that a website for a personal trainer is less demanding. It is all about reputation and catchy presentation of your skills. Make sure your website has the following:
- Catchy Photos – use professional images to create a bright gallery. Add photos of your muscles, workouts, happy customers, etc.;
- Coaching Videos – create a content that stands out from typical blogs and articles. Shoot your own professional videos describing all vital issues when it comes to personal training. Make visitors engaged;
- Trainers Bio – introduce yourself to potential customers in a separate section. Speak of your age, qualification, achievements, and everything that your visitors may find useful;
- Customer Reviews – make sure your clients share their experience on your website. It will make your website look more professional and trustworthy.
Competitive fitness marketplace hardly reserves any chances for those, who still do not have a website. However, it does not seem to be a serious problem considering the availability of website builders. They let you easily create a decent web resource with no extra costs, special skills or deep involvement.
Cost-efficiency, ease of use, effectiveness, integrated services and plugins, no need to hire developers each time you need upgrades – the list of advantages is not full. Benefit from simple tools to create a professional website from scratch.
There are multiple website builders to explore, when it comes to the choice of the web building tool. The major requirements you should stick to are ease-of-use, extensive feature set, convenience, intuitive web building nature and affordability. Wix, uKit, WordPress, SITE123 and Bookmark correspond to all these requirements and additionally offer much more benefits. Take your time to test them in details, if you really aim at picking the service that will be the best match for your fitness studio project.