Question: How to create a website free of cost?
Answer: Using a website builder
Looking to create a website, but don’t know where to start? Congratulations! You’ve come to the right place. On this website you’ll find everything you need to easily build a website from scratch, free or at an affordable price.
Here at SWB, we believe that online website builders are probably the best option for those who have no programming training, but want to get full control over the process of website creation. Site builders are easy-to-use, fast and affordable. These web services let you focus on what really matters – your product/business, doing all the heavy lifting for you.
Using a website builder is as simple as creating a social media account – just sign up, upload your content and start sharing.
Free of Cost Website Builders
The prevailing amount of contemporary website builders offer two alternatives. The first one implies the use of the trial period, which lasts for a specified period of time and triggers the necessity to sign up for one of the paid plans after the end of the trial. The second alternative implies the use of a ‘freemium’ (free+premium) business model, which means that you can sign up and use a basic feature set for free.
Is it enough to build a decent website? Well, it depends on a website builder and on what you call a “decent website”. In most cases, free users can’t use custom domains, add more than 5 or so pages, enable eCommerce and remove adverts that the builder places an all free websites.
To get rid of the ads, connect a custom domain and unlock more features, users have to upgrade their accounts. In other words, technically, you can design and publish your website without spending a cent, but in reality, this website will either display a noticeable ad or will be published on a subdomain. Neither of these variants works well for a decent website.
So, how to create a website for free? Follow the steps listed below to do that with ease:
- Choose a website building platform. Explore the available options to decide which free service comes up to your web design aspirations better than others and which of them will let you effectively complete your project.
- Get and connect a free domain name. The system may give you a hint on the most suitable domain name – choose the one that corresponds to your website specialization, reflects your brand name and is memorable for everyone.
- Set up and customize your website. Take your time to pick a template, create website structure, fill the pages with content. Now that you are sure your website is ready – go ahead to publish it!
Versatility of free website builders doesn’t mean that you should choose the very first service you’ll come across. There are systems, which work better for your particular web design tasks and enjoy the worldwide popularity due to their features, tools and tasks covered. Let’s take a look at the best website builders that balance the ease of use with flexibility and affordability now.
Wix – is the number one web building platform, which empowers millions of websites in almost all countries of the world. When it comes to the choice of the best free website builder, this system has no competitors. There are no users, who haven’t heard about it, if they are somehow connected with contemporary web design industry.
Wix stands out from the crowd due to its amazing collection of high quality mobile-ready templates, abundance of top notch design customization tools, versatility of features, web design approaches and other undeniable advantages.
The free Wix version lets you build a good-looking website on a Wix-branded subdomain. With a free plan, you can use almost all functional features of Wix website builder. The plan is never-ending, which makes it possible for everyone not only to test the features of the service, but to create multiple types of websites with it to practice and improve your skills. Mind, however, that a free plan comes with the system ad banner, subdomain and some other limitations.
uKit – is a website builder, which is a perfect pick if you’re looking to build a website for business. The platform was specially designed to meet the needs of small-to-medium-sized businesses. The website builder, however, can be equally used to launch other types of projects you might need. It is flexible and intuitive, which makes it simple to adjust it to your web building needs.
The service can boast a variety of business-specific widgets, rich collection of responsive templates, enhanced website security, nice SEO optimization and other privileges.
One of the undeniable uKit highlights is its stunning price/quality correlation – $3/mo if you enter our special code SWB-25 during checkout. The service has a free 14-day trial, which is more than enough to check and test all its functional features. At the end of the trial, you’ll be able to subscribe to one of the paid plans that come with multiple benefits. By that time, your website will be stored for a year on uKit hosting, but it won’t be accessible on the web.
WordPress – is the most popular free Content Management System. It initially started as a blogging platform, but quickly developed into a universal web building solution. The system somewhat differs from standard website builders in terms of its complexity. This is not the best solution for newbies, who have zero web design skills, yet it works great for web designers, who have at least a bit of web building experience.
The platform offers the utmost website customization level, putting a user in charge of the web design process. It comes with a powerful blogging engine and lots of integrated features and tools needed to give your website decent performance.
With WordPress, you can create a website at no cost at all – the system is absolutely free for each user. Get ready, though, to pay for hosting and domain name of your choice to make your website accessible on the web.
Choose a Website Building Platform
The right choice of the website builder matters a lot, when it comes to effective project development. Whatever service you will eventually select, you should be aware of its major parameters, pros and cons, specific features. The choice of the service should also depend upon your web design needs and objectives. Here are the major aspects to consider, when looking for a decent web building tool:
- Convenience and Ease of Use. You should understand how simple a website builder is during the sign up procedure. Modern services guide you through all the stages of the web design process, providing tips and recommendations when needed.
- Template Choice. It is simpler to find a template that comes up to your niche. Experienced web designers have taken care of that already. Just add your content to the ready-made website template and enjoy the way it looks!
- Customer Support. Take your time to test the quality of customer support service to find out how quickly and reasonably it reacts to your inquiries. Anyway, you’ll work in close cooperation with them as you start working on your web design process.
- Budget. Website builders offer versatile plans to come up to any taste and financial abilities. To get the right one, consider your web design needs and check whether the plans comply with them.
Get and Connect a Free Domain Name
Domain name matters a lot, when it comes to boosting your website reputation and popularity. Is it possible to get and connect a worthy domain name for free, when working with website builders? Or you’ll still need to pay for a recognizable domain name?
Fortunately, reputable website builders frequently have special offers and discounts for premium users. Wix provides a bonus domain name for users, who subscribe to an annual plan and make a one-time payment. This lets you save up to $10-30 depending upon the domain name zone selected. You don’t have to make anything special to connect a domain to your website. It will be automatically connected as soon as you get it. That’s very simple, time-saving and convenient, indeed!
When picking a domain choice, mind the following recommendations:
- Simplicity. A domain name should be concise, simple and easy-to-remember.
Length. Don’t make it too long or oversaturated with symbols: the shorter it is – the easier it will be for a user to restore it in memory.
- Recognizability. A domain name shouldn’t comprise the senseless combination of letters, symbols and numbers. Instead, it should include a word or a phrase that will be somehow related to your business, website type and specialization etc.
- Brand Reputation. A nice domain name should be the reflection of your brand identity: it should highlight and enhance your brand name, making it withstand niche competition.
Set Up and Customize Your Website
Okay, you have decided to use a website builder. What should you do to make the process a success? What are the must-have steps you should undertake to complete the task? Listed below are the points to follow when setting up and customizing your website:
- Sign up with the system of your choice. Some services make it possible to sign up by using the social network accounts, but it is also possible to use your email address.
- Select a template. Reach the template collection and explore the categories to select the theme, which corresponds to your niche specialization.
- Customize it. Access the dashboard and find out what customization tools the system offers to give your website maximum performance and the best visual appeal.
- Design your website. Now, it is high time to design your website and adjust the required settings. Upload the content you consider important and create as many pages as you need. This is the most time-taking part of the entire website creation process.
- Select the plan, which comes up to your web building needs most of all. Explore the pricing policy of the system and the features they imply. Select the plan that appeals to you most of all.
- Choose Domain Name. If you are done with your website design, choose domain name to get in online. Website builders offer one-click domain connection, thus, simplifying the process.
- Publish Your Ready Made Website. Finally, publish your website and enjoy it!
Listed above is the standard plan most website builder offer to launch a decent project. Some services, though, may additionally offer extra features, integrations or settings, but this depends upon a platform.
Congratulations on your new website!
The process of its creation may not seem simple at first, but website builders ensure exceptional ease-of-use and intuitive web building environment that enables each user to complete the task with comfort and convenience.
The question is: should website creation go down to the development process only or there is something more than that to make your project a success? Actually, the launch of a website is only one part of the web development process. As soon as you make it accessible on the web, you should take care of several important nuances, namely:
- SEO Optimization. Carefully adjust the required website SEO parameters to boost its ranking in the search engines. This helps withstand niche competition, promote your brand and eventually generate more traffic.
- Content Quality. Make sure to update your website content on a regular basis. However, pay attention to the quality of content you add. “Content Is the King” – don’t forget that!
- Social Networks. Another factor of successful website promotion is effective social media marketing. Take your time to create groups in social networks, encourage users to join them, introduce special offers to boost user loyalty and apply other marketing strategies (or develop the one of your own) to make your newly-created website popular with the target audience. May your web building effort be a success!
If you are right about to create a website, then the best way to do that quickly and at no cost is to use a website builder. These services cover a broad spectrum of web design needs and allow launching a decent project on your own. There is no need to deal with web design studios or hire web developers. Instead, you get an opportunity to save big, availing the top notch result, which will certainly exceed your expectations.
Websites builders reviewed in the article are the niche leaders. They make it possible to launch decent websites in the shortest time possible and with minimum financial investments. Test them to choose the solution that works great for your particular web design needs.