Choosing a host is a challenge for any Internet user, who lacks experience and knowledge in the niche. Newbies don’t have any other choice but to rely on commercials, forum tips, rumors and other sources of information, which are often not worth the trust.
It is impossible to create a website without hosting, but you can simplify the choice of it by selecting one of the most popular website builders. These platforms offer a rich spectrum of services, which encompass content management systems, hosting and visual editors that make it possible to create websites quickly and efficiently.
Use of Website Builders
Earlier, if you needed a website you had to be a skillful in coding, website mastering, setting up hosting and many other technical things. For instance, if you build a website using CMS, frameworks or other similar services, you will run a risk of facing a couple of nuances that may result in serious problems in case you lack experience. Some of these problems include:
- The choice of cheap hosting, which meets contemporary niche needs. Depending upon the CMS, these requirements may change, so, you have to consider this factor as well.
- Uploading the website files to the host, which should be done on your own.
- The sign up procedure and getting a domain name for a website.
These tasks are quite simple, but only when you know how to cope with them properly. Technical support does not focus on these issues and won’t help you until you face more serious problems. The only available solution is to use the manuals, which quickly become outdated because of the change of the hosting admin board.
Website builders are much simpler and user-friendly in this case. You don’t have to choose hosting and upload website files, while the procedure of attaching a domain name is very simple and undemanding. What you should do to create a website is to sign up for the platform, choose a template and start customizing the design of your website, filling it with content. As a result, you get a chance to create an appealing and functional website without wasting your time when choosing hosting and uploading the files of your site.
You don’t have to take care of the safe and timely system upload. These nuances are handled by the owners of the platform. Tech support is ready to answer each question and handle even minor problems. To prove the fact, let’s have a look at two website builders that are the most suitable for inexperienced webmasters.
Wix – is a diverse website building platform that has greatly evolved over the years. It has turned into an ultimate platform with enhanced technologies and innovations letting newbies make websites from scratch literally in minutes. Rich feature set makes it possible to come up with any website type form small blogs, professional portfolios, small business websites or eCommerce projects. Here are some core issues that let Wix stand out from the main competitors in the web building niche.
- AI-Based Website Builder – Wix has introduced its unique AI-based technology that actually handles the building process for you. Known as Wix ADI, the system does all the job. A user only needs to answer several baseline questions indicating the website type, niche, and some other details. The system will process received data and offer several ready-made site layouts.
- Simple Editor – if you still want to create a website of your own featuring a unique design and style, Wix Editor makes it easy to create custom pages, edit blocks, manage website sections and elements with the help of an intuitive drag-and-drop editor. Choose a block you need and hover it over to your page. Edit custom texts, add galleries or media files with a click.
- Huge Widget Collection – Wix-based websites are easily customizable and flexible thanks to an endless selection of add-ons and apps that are free to access right from the Wix App Market. Choose from professional image galleries for a stunning portfolio, integrate analytic tools to track traffic, build custom contact forms, add event calendars and widgets, etc.
- eCommerce and SEO – Wix websites are SEO-friendly thanks to extended settings that let you edit meta tags, URLs or post previews. Moreover, the platform offers its custom hand-crafted SEO strategies available with the system’s automated SEO Wizard. Setting up a digital store has never been easier before. Some plans come with extended eCommerce functionality letting users manage products, track sales, boost marketing and promotion campaigns, integrate tax and shipping services, etc.
- Website Management on the Go – the platform has developed its mobile app available for both iOS and Android. You get full access to all Wix features right from your smartphone with a chance to manage or edit your site on the go.
- Mobile-Friendly Templates – Wix currently offers more than 550 different templates sorted by categories. They include portfolios, small business sites, small digital shops, and more. Some of them come with built-in widgets and apps you might need. All themes are easy to modify, update, change or customize.
The platform has a free version although it might work out only for small blogs to get started. Opting for a free Wix plan is a bad idea for those you may require a further extension and business growth. Combo plan is a good idea for a start costing $8.50/month. You get full access to all baseline feature including free templates, SSL, widgets, and enough bandwidth to start a solid small business website. Eager to launch your digital shop? eCommerce plan will work just fine. It costs $16.50 per month.
uKit – is one of the cheapest website builders that comes with a simple interface. It is perfect for newbies and non-technicians who have never dealt with the website building process before. At the same time, it is flexible enough to create sites of different types. uKit is the best bet for professional and striking portfolios, one-page or small business sites. In addition, it delivers some baseline eCommerce capabilities to start a simple online shop.
- Responsive Design – uKit follows the latest web trends and introduces its collection of mobile-responsive templates. They run well on various mobile devices despite the screen size or OS. The platform also has a mobile preview mode to edit or check the way the website looks like on various types of mobile devices before publishing.
- Wide Selection of Themes – users may choose from 370 different templates related to various categories. They range from small landing pages and one-page sites to simple digital stores. All templates come with ready-to-use widgets and add-ons. However, you may add new ones available in the uKit collection of apps.
- eCommerce – although uKit may hardly compete with eCommerce-oriented platforms in terms of flexibility, it still delivers some fundamental options to start a small digital store. They include tools to manage products and carts, customize checkout pages, integrate payment options, etc. The platform enables a seamless CRM integration to take the most of your online shop, track sales and customers, monitor revenues right from your dashboard.
- SEO – users may modify only basic SEO settings like titles and description. You may also indicate a focus keyword for better SEO ranks.
To get strayed with a simple small business website or a portfolio, uKit Premium plan is enough. It will cost you only $4 per month for unlimited pages and 24/7 customer support. If you want to launch a digital store, you may start with a Shop Plan that costs $9.60 per month with a set of eCommerce and marketing features in the pack.
The benefits of both website builders are clear. They make it possible to spend minimum amount of time to develop a project and get excellent result. Demerits are apparent as well: the website builders lack functionality. There are enough features to create a small website, but if you aim at developing a large portal or marketplace, you will face the lack of tools to make your vision a reality.
Wix and uKit are great solutions for small business websites, promo websites and small online stores. Websites created with uKit have a business look. It is impossible to spoil their design, because the visual editor limits the prevailing amount of actions.
Wix offers more opportunities to develop various types of projects. At the same time, such creativity freedom may result in unappealing and awkward web page designs. When choosing Wix, you should get ready to spend more time to set up your website and make it functional.