Choosing a host is a challenge for any Internet user, who lacks experience and knowledge in the niche. Newbies don’t have any other choice but to rely on commercials, forum tips, rumors and other sources of information, which are often not worth the trust.
It is impossible to create a website without hosting, but you can simplify the choice of it by selecting one of the most popular website builders. These platforms offer a rich spectrum of services, which encompass content management systems, hosting and visual editors that make it possible to create websites quickly and efficiently.
Use of Website Builders
Earlier, if you needed a website you had to be a skillful in coding, website mastering, setting up hosting and many other technical things. For instance, if you build a website using CMS, frameworks or other similar services, you will run a risk of facing a couple of nuances that may result in serious problems in case you lack experience. Some of these problems include:
- The choice of cheap hosting, which meets contemporary niche needs. Depending upon the CMS, these requirements may change, so, you have to consider this factor as well.
- Uploading the website files to the host, which should be done on your own.
- The sign up procedure and getting a domain name for a website.
These tasks are quite simple, but only when you know how to cope with them properly. Technical support does not focus on these issues and won’t help you until you face more serious problems. The only available solution is to use the manuals, which quickly become outdated because of the change of the hosting admin board.
Website builders are much simpler and user-friendly in this case. You don’t have to choose hosting and upload website files, while the procedure of attaching a domain name is very simple and undemanding. What you should do to create a website is to sign up for the platform, choose a template and start customizing the design of your website, filling it with content. As a result, you get a chance to create an appealing and functional website without wasting your time when choosing hosting and uploading the files of your site.
You don’t have to take care of the safe and timely system upload. These nuances are handled by the owners of the platform. Tech support is ready to answer each question and handle even minor problems. To prove the fact, let’s have a look at two website builders that are the most suitable for inexperienced webmasters.
Wix – The Best Website Builder without Hosting
Wix – is the best website builder without hosting, which occupies a top position in the list of the most popular contemporary web design platforms. This is the all-in-one system with enhanced technologies and innovations letting newbies make websites from scratch literally in minutes. A powerful and versatile feature set makes it possible to come up with any website type from small blogs, professional portfolios, small business websites or eCommerce projects.
Here are some core issues that let Wix stand out from the main competitors in the web building niche:
- Mobile-Friendly Templates. Wix currently offers more than 550 different templates sorted by categories, which are mobile-ready, free and customizable by default.
- eCommerce, Blogging and SEO. The website builder allows starting digital stores and blogs and it also ensures efficient project optimization and further promotion.
- Wix ADI. Along with the Standard Editor meant for customizing complex projects, the website builder offers an advanced intuitive ADI tool geared towards the needs of non-techies.
The platform has a free version although it might work out only for small blogs to get started. This is because of the limited integrated functionality of the free subscription. To get access to advanced tools and features the system has in stock, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the paid plans. There are two types of subscriptions to choose from here – Standard and Business/eCommerce. Their cost starts from $13/mo.
uKit – The Easiest Small Business Website Builder
uKit – is the easiest small business website builder and one of the cheapest web design platforms out there. It comes with a simple interface perfect for newbies and non-technicians, who have never dealt with the website building process before. At the same time, it is flexible enough to create sites of different types. uKit is the best bet for professional and striking portfolios, one-page or small business sites. In addition, it delivers some baseline eCommerce capabilities to start a simple online shop.
Here is a brief overview of uKit distinctions:
- Responsive Design. uKit offers a collection of mobile-responsive templates, which are free and divided into niche categories with regard to their specialization.
- Blogging and eCommerce. The website builder delivers deep flexibility when it comes to blog and web store development.
- Integration Options. With uKit, you can choose and integrate multiple widgets and extensions into your web project, including the ones for media management, social networks, contact management, user interaction, marketing etc.
To get strayed with a simple small business website or a portfolio, uKit Minimal plan is enough. It will cost you only $4 per month for unlimited pages and 24/7 customer support. If you want to launch a more feature-rich project, pick another option the system offers – all-in-all there are 4 of them here. Whatever solution you will decide to go for, there is a 14-day trial to test it for free.
SITE123 – A Free Website Builder Without Hosting
SITE123 – is a free website builder, which stands out from the crowd due to its impressive simplicity and intuitive web design approach. This is what makes the system applicable for the development of all types of web projects for personal and business use without any coding proficiency at all. The website builder can be equally used by non-techies and website creation experts as the system covers a broad range of users’ web design needs.
Let’s enlist the main SITE123 advantages now:
- Widget Integration. The system grants access to multiple integrable widgets (Booking, Online Forms, Galleries, Social Widgets, Live Chat etc.) that can notably enhance your project design and performance.
- Multilingual Support. The website builder comes with multilingual support, which allows launching web projects in different languages of your choice.
- Brand Promotion Features. SITE 123 allows using its Logo Maker tool and Online Form Builder to ensure effective brand promotion and customer attraction.
The website builder is also known for its cost-effective pricing policy. There is a free plan here that lets everyone test the system’s integrated functionality. To proceed to the development of feature-rich projects, you’ll need to upgrade to one of SITE123 premium plans. Their cost starts from $10.80/mo.
Squarespace – A Powerful Web Building Solution
Squarespace – is a powerful web building solution, which provides deep functionality required to start all types of websites. The system is used to launch blogs, digital stores, portfolios, small business projects, restaurant and cafe websites. No coding knowledge is needed to create the projects, which makes the platform a worthy solution for beginners. The website builder ensures creative and intuitive web design approach, making it possible to choose from dozens of quality templates available in stock.
The major Squarespace merits involve:
- eCommerce Engine. The website builder boasts a powerful eCommerce engine, which delivers niche templates, extensions, tools and features required to start professional small and medium digital stores.
- Acuity Scheduling Platform. This is an advanced business tool, which lets you launch and manage business projects by applying a set of specialized niche features.
- Social Widget Connection. The system allows integrating social widgets (SoundCloud, Yelp, Tumblr, Instagram, Behance, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Dribbble, Google+, Linkedin, Pinterest, Dropbox, etc.) into any website to share business-related info via these accounts.
Squarespace offers a free 14-day trial, which allows testing its features before upgrading to premium plans. As soon as you are ready to manage your web project and go live with it, you’ll be able to pick one of 4 subscriptions. Their price starts from $12/mo.
Weebly – Free Online Website Builder (no hosting required)
Weebly – is a free online website builder, which does not require hosting choice as it comes as the all-in-one solution. This means that it provides domain name and hosting by default along with flexible design customization tools. The website builder has got a powerful eCommerce focus after its acquisition by Square platform. This allows starting small-to-large online stores.
Some of the most impressive Weebly features are listed below:
- Business-Specific Features. The platform grants access to multiple business and eCommerce features (CSV product import/export, integrated shopping cart, payment and shipping options, advanced product management tools, search filter option etc.) that help boost your website performance.
- Powerful Integrations. Weebly lets you choose and integrate applications and widgets (maps, image collections, search boxes, slideshows, media files and what not) that come up to your project specialization and can enhance its functionality.
- Weebly Promote Tool. The tool includes a set of business tools and designs to start effective email marketing campaigns (bulletins, event and product presentation, promo newsletters etc.).
Weebly charges affordable fees for its services. There is a free plan, which never expires and can be used to explore the functionality of the platform. For those users, who plan to go live with their web projects, there are several subscriptions to choose from. Their cost starts from $4/mo.
The benefits of website builders reviewed in the article are clear. They make it possible to spend a minimum amount of time to develop a project and get excellent results. Demerits are apparent as well: the website builders somewhat lack functionality. There are enough features to create a small website, but if you aim at developing a large portal or marketplace, you will face the lack of tools to make your vision a reality.
Wix, uKit, SITE123, Squarespace and Weebly are great solutions for small business websites, promo websites and small online stores. Websites created with uKit have a business look. It is impossible to spoil their design, because the visual editor limits the prevailing amount of actions. SITE123 stands out from the crowd due to its simplicity and intuitive web design approach. Squarespace lets everyone launch quality small business websites without any coding proficiency. Weebly, in its turn, has a distinctive eCommerce focus, which allows starting small and medium digital stores.
Wix offers more opportunities to develop various types of projects. At the same time, such creativity freedom may result in unappealing and awkward web page designs. When choosing Wix, you should get ready to spend more time to set up your website and make it functional.