Finding a reliable web host is the first step in building a strong web presence for the website. Your mission is to find a platform that will not only store the site’s files and deliver them to the visitors’ browser as fast as possible, but also serve some extra purposes such as data transfer, storage, and domain registration in addition to a set of other features to benefit from.
You might look for a shared or cloud-based hosting solution or a platform suitable for some particular CMS (WordPress, Joomla, etc.). The choice will also depend on your budget expectations, website structure, necessary storage space, and other vital criteria to take into account.
We Reviewed Out 10 Of The Best Web Hosting Companies in the World:
- Bluehost – The 2020’s Best Web Hosting Company
- HostPapa – America’s #1 Web Hosting Company
- HostGator – Global Provider of Hosting and Related Services
- Liquid Web – Fully-Managed Hosting for Business of Any Size
- SiteGround – Award Winning Web Hosting Company
- 1&1 IONOS – The German-based European Hosting Provider
- Hostinger – The Cheapest Web Hosting Services
- iPage – Affordable Web Hosting Company Since 1998
- A2Hosting – One of The Fast Web Hosting in the World
- GoDaddy – The Largest Domain Registration + Hosting Company
We have reviewed 10 top hosting providers that can be a good pick depending on your requirements.
Bluehost – The 2020’s Best Web Hosting Company
Bluehost – is the best hosting provider that is most keen on WordPress websites if compared to other services. It comes with a set of WordPress-oriented features making it easier to handle the setup and other operations for those who prefer one of the most popular CMS platforms. From ManageWP integration to superb WP custom control panel – let’s have a closer look at all features delivered by Bluehost:
- Blue Flash – a brand new feature to help newbies get started with their WordPress sites. It was designed as an inline guide to show beginners how to work in both WP and Bluehost dashboards, how to make first steps, set up projects, etc. Blue Flash makes it easy to get familiar with fundamental website management issues and trains users to work with WordPress on the right track.
- Custom Website Builder – a great solution for those who want to create their own sites from scratch and host it on Bluehost servers as an all-in-one solution. The platform comes with its own App Marketplaces offering tons of widgets and plugins, eCommerce functionality for digital stores, self-crafted SEO and Marketing solutions to grow and promote your business online.
- Special WP-specific Features – the web host comes with native ManageWP support. The system will let you easily manage up to 5 different websites on a single basic plan right from the start. A custom control panel for WordPress comes as an easy-to-use WP dashboard featuring custom menu elements and sections.
- Free Options and Add-Ons – Bluehost offers a selection of free features. They include the platform’s own free drag-and-drop website builder in addition to a free domain name. The service provider brings a selection of free scripts to choose from. They include scripts for social networks, mailing lists, blogging sections, images and galleries as well as other options to customize your website.
- Performance – despite the fact Bluehost does not share the location of its data centers, it still provides a feature for enhanced website performance. They include VPS for WordPress sites in addition to NGINX that appears to be a leaner alternative to Apache. KVM hypervisor will prevent other users from affecting your website performance by isolating some of the specific hardware resources. The average page load speed result is 2.00 seconds.
The hosting provider has server packages for different needs and website owners of any level whether you are a beginner or a dedicated pro.
- High renewal prices.
- Limited site migration offers.
Bluehost Cost: Bluehost has different plans to choose from. The basic plan starts from $3.95 per month (for SuperbWebsiteBuilders visitors – $2.95/mo) and is good for small and medium websites with moderate requirements. Plus ($4.96 per month), Choice Plus ($4.96 per month), and Pro Plans ($12.69) ensure unlimited website visits in addition to free SSL certificate. They are both good for complex eCommerce and other types of websites with a complex structure and tons of files to upload. There are also VPS (from $17.28 to $54.59 per month), Cloud and Dedicated (from $72.78 to $109.18 per month) solutions for advanced websites.
HostPapa – America’s #1 Web Hosting Company
HostPapa – is one of the most trusted and recognizable American hosting providers. Users may not only host sites but also build different projects from scratch, deploy, and market them using promotion tools designed for companies and individuals. The system comes with intuitive cPanel, a custom drag-and-drop website builder for newbies, and an email marketing package. The main hosting features include:
- 100% Compatibility – HostPapa can be used with all major CMS platforms including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and others. The feature ensures more flexibility and ease of use in terms of seamless website integration, automated system backups, and updates.
- Free Domain – every hosting plan includes a free 1-year domain despite the price. It does not matter if you subscribe to a basic plan with only entry features or get a fully-featured eCommerce package, you still get your free domain.
- Multiple Websites – HostPapa provides enough resources to host several websites within a single plan. Even the entry subscription allows storing up to 2 projects simultaneously for the baseline price.
- Solid Performance – users may count on a high enough uptime rate, which is currently 99.98%. The page load speed is 795ms, which is still higher than the industry standards.
- Security – apart from basic anti-spam and DDoS prevention instruments, the system comes with Panda Cloud integration. Besides, users may benefit from dedicated IP addresses, an integrated SSL certificate, and more.
- 24/7 Support – the platform delivers multiple ways to get in touch including instant support via Live Chat or phone. The Help Center contains multiple articles, tutorials, and video guides to cover all possible issues. In addition, the HostPapa expert team is ready to lend a hand when configuring a digital store or resolving technical issues.
- Extra Features – users may count on free website migration or domain transfer. Also, the system offers email marketing tools to grow your business. If you need to create a site from the ground, access custom website builder.
- The renewal price can be twice higher.
- Some security features are available only in Pro plans.
HostPapa price: to go live with the site, users may opt for a Starter, Business or Business Pro plan that costs $3.95 and $12.95 per month respectively. If you require more resources, VPS hosting might be a good option although the price can go up to $299.49 for the Diamond plan. Hosting a digital store with HostPapa will cost from $19.99 to $139.99 per month.
HostGator – Global Provider of Hosting and Related Services
HostGator – is a cloud-based hosting, which is its core advantage if compared to shared hosting providers. Cloud hosting means you do not have to worry about overloaded servers or performance speed. HostGator comes with great uptime in addition to extended customer support, scalability, affordable plans, and extra resources to access 24/7.
- High Speed – while being a cloud hosting solution, HostGator boasts an A+ speed test performed by Bitcatcha. It also performed really well in the US-based regions.
- Great Uptime – HostGator introduces a reliable hosting service featuring a 99.9% uptime. It is one of the highest uptime tracking ratings among all web-hosting companies.
- Security and Updates – the host will take care of all necessary system updates automatically. It has an advanced malware detection system that will quickly define and eliminate the slightest problem.
- Flexibility – scalability is a great feature of HostGator. Once your website has started feeling an overload with traffic, you can easily switch between plans and instantly get extra resources without traffic loss.
- Ease of Use – unlike many other hosts offering their out-of-date cPanels, HostGator introduces its superb dashboard that is easy to manage. Users can select from various tweaks and perks to track some core website measurements and other data from behind the scene.
- Gator Website Builder – a simple website building tool for newbies with its custom App market, seamless integration with third-party services and payment options (for example, PayPal or SoundCloud), eCommerce, SEO and Blogging features to launch a growing online business.
- 30-Day Refund – the company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the services provided.
A pretty affordable web hosting solution with good enough performance in addition to its custom website builder, security menas, and overall hosting flexibility.
- Endless upsells.
- Limited storage.
- No free domain.
HostGator Cost: the hosting service is relatively cheaper if compared to other cloud-based hosting providers. The basic (Hatching Cloud) plan starts from $2.75. If you need a more resourceful solution, you can switch to Baby or Business Cloud plans costing $3.95 and $5.95 respectively.
Liquid Web – Fully-Managed Hosting for Business of Any Size
Liquid Web – is a trusted hosting provider with over 20 years of history. Launched in 1997, the company has made a name for itself thanks to solid server speed and overall performance. It promises 100% of uptime in addition to fully-manageable server solutions. Users may count on powerful support, various packages designed for individuals and companies, and some other features.
Have a look at some of them:
- Sync Pro for Multiple Site Management – Sync Pro is a custom control panel that ensures ease of use. Te feature is vital, as each Liquid Web plan is designed to manage several sites at the same time. For instance, the cheapest plan supports up to 10 sites while advanced packages let users host up to 50 sites simultaneously (Agency plan).
- High-End Server Packages – the platform offers several types of hosting assets of a high level. They include dedicated cloud VPS and WP-optimized server solutions. Users may also opt for a separate WooCommere plan, server cluster.
- Enhanced Speed Technologies – Liquid Web uses different technologies to boost the website speed. They include automatic image compression without the need to handle the process manually using their-party or paid services. In addition, the platform uses SSD instead of HDD hard-disk drives. We should also mention Ngnix integration and support for PHP 7 version.
- WP-Optimized Servers – the system delivers powerful hosting for sites built on WordPress. It ensures faster speed, automated system updates, file backups, simple integration with the CMS, a separate plan for WooCommerce, etc.
Liquid Web Cons:
- The website looms pretty complex from the start. It might be hard to find the offer you look for.
- No shared hosting.
- Knowledgebase could be better organized.
- Entry plans are too expensive.
Liquid Web price: the price depends on the recourse you look for and project complexity. For example, the four basic VPS plans cost $15, $25, $45, and $95 per month. The key difference is in the GB volume and the number of CPUs. Some more resourceful offers include dedicated cloud server costing $99 per month, managed WooCommerce from $19/month, and other plans for the most demanding projects costing up to $1127 for enhanced performance.
SiteGround – Award Winning Web Hosting Company
SiteGround – is a popular web hosting provider with over 14 years of experience. The company powers more than 2,000,000 domain names and delivers an extended set of features in addition to great uptime, digital security means, a wide selection of plans, and more. It will be good for different types of websites from a small blog to a huge eCommerce project with a complex structure. Users can choose from Linux-based shared server solution or cloud-based hosting.
- Performance and Security – SiteGround uses its self-crafted server solutions to ensure stable website operation despite the traffic spikes. The company has data centers located in different parts of the world. It means higher page speed and file delivery to users from different countries. The page load time is 714ms while the average uptime percentage is 99.99%.
- Great Set of Features – SiteGround comes with an extended feature list form free website transfer and SSL security to unlimited emails and its own free website builder. It providers server solution with a focus on some major CMS platforms such as WordPress and Joomla. The system will take care of your plugin updates, website load speed, and overall performance.
- Integration Capabilities – SiteGround has proved to be a flexible hosting service. Integration with CloudFare’s CDN will result in better performance and website security.
- eCommerce Features – The platforms reserves some space for those seeking wider eCommerce opportunities thanks to Reseller server options. The platform additionally delivers 18 different eCommerce basic applications to choose from with no need to overload your website with multiple third-party apps.
- Free WordPress Site Migration – the system offers a simple WP website migration. All you need is to sing in and install the WordPress Migrate plugin. The system will generate a token that will launch the migration process to transfer your site to a new SiteGround account.
- Free Site Building Tools – a great option for those who want to build a new site from scratch. Users will have full access to all Weebly website builder features as well as the ability to integrate WordPress CMS seamlessly.
- Enhanced Teamwork – SiteGround has a bunch of collaboration tools in the pack. Users may assign roles, provide access rights to third-party users, deliver a ready-made site to your customers, create lists of user accounts, clients, etc. A great option for resellers.
The platform comes as a solid hosting provider with all necessary features in the pack to get started. However, you should consider some of its slight drawbacks.
- No plans with unlimited data storage.
- The renewal cost is 3 and sometimes even 4 times higher that the starting price.
- Limited feature set.
SiteGround Cost: the starting plan will cost you from $3.95 to $6.85 for GrowBig and GoGeek pans per month for shared hosting. The company also WP-optimized hosting solution with the same prices while Cloud Hosting ranges from $64 to $192 per month.
1&1 IONOS – The German-based European Hosting Provider
1&1 IONOS – is the largest hosting provider in Europe, which boasts over 30 years of experience and is headquartered in Germany. The service deals with over 8 millions of users across the globe and empowers more than 12 million domains. The local servers are found around the world, delivering exceptional security and performance. The host comes with multiple advanced featured geared towards providing professional hosting to website owners. Among the features that make the system stand out from the crowd, the following ones should be the first to mention:
1&1 IONOS Pros:
- Dual Platform Technology – The hosting provider offers reliable dual technology, which makes it possible to retain storage and web servers on the same platform. This approach contributes to better website loading time and exceptional performance.
- DDoS Protection – The advanced DDoS protection secures your website from malware issues, hacking attacks, and fraudulent actions.
- Advanced Security Measure – The system comes with enhanced SiteLock malware protection and Wildcart SSL Certification.
- Personal Consultant – The platform offers extensive customer support options, including the help of a personal consultant. It’s up to you to decide when to get in touch with the assistant to solve your system-related problems.
- Website Builder – The functions of 1&1 IONOS are not limited to hosting only as the system also makes it possible to launch and manage decent websites. It comes with the WYSIWYG editor, professional pre-designed templates, free domain connection, and design customization options needed to create a worthy website.
A good choice for those looking for good performance and website speed. The platform comes with affordable plans to get started while growing projects might look for a better option.
1&1 IONOS cons:
- Complicated set up process.
- Low low level of user experience.
- Overall performance could be better.
1&1 IONOS Cost: 1&1 IONOS offers three plans to choose from. The cost of the plan starts at $1 per month during 12 months to reach $14 per month at the end of the term.
Hostinger – The Cheapest Web Hosting Services
Hostinger – is a web host that delivers good value server solutions packed with different features despite its low plan price. Although most of those features are available with premium plans only, website owners will still appreciate cool cPanel-like dashboard, free website builder in addition to some other great add-ons, features at more than just a reasonable price.
- Fast Page Load and Uptime – Hostinger performs well in the majority of cases when it comes to uptime. The average rate is 99.98%, which looks pretty good though it can go down to 99.88% especially during seasonal traffic spikes. As for the page load time, the average speed rate was 385ms during 2018.
- Money-Back Guarantee – as a rule, cloud servers do not offer a free trial, unlike shared hosting providers. However, Hostinger boasts 30-day money-back guarantee, which is actually the same as a free trial option. The company lets you choose from various payment options from traditional debit/credit cards by major issuers to PayPal, Bitcoin, etc.
- Free Domain and Website Builder – although Hostinger is more of hosting service, it still has its solid website builder that is free to use. It cannot boast the same functionality as professional SaaS platforms. However, it delivers a selection of fine templates for different types of websites that are easy to manage and customize. Premium and Business Plans let you benefit from a free domain as well.
- Exclusive hPanel – the platform comes with its unique custom dashboard designed considering over a decade of users’ feedback and customers’ experience. Users will have all elements in one place with a clear toolkit structure and all elements in front of their eyes. The hPanel have made the website management easier.
- WP-Optimized Hosting – a good feature for WP site owners who require maximum retention and faster requests. The option comes with improved SEO settings for content promotion and better conversion.
A good hosting for those who are ready to purchase premium plans. Otherwise, yu will not be able to take the full advantage of all its features.
- Limited entry plan.
- Rich feature set available in premium packages only.
- No free SSL and backups.
Hostinger Cost: now we have come up to the tastiest piece of the review. The basic plan with a single shared server starts from $0.99! It includes 100GB bandwidth for a single website with a single email account. Premium shared hosting plan starts from $2.59 per month featuring unlimited websites, email accounts and bandwidth in addition to weekly backups. Business shared hosting delivers unlimited features and opportunities as an all-in-one package for only $4.49 per month. The platform also offers its cloud hosting solution starting at $9.99 in addition to VPS from $3.29 per month.
iPage – Affordable Web Hosting Company Since 1998
iPage – is a hosting platform launched in 1998. It boasts decades of hosting service experience. It claims to be one of the fastest shared server hosting solutions in addition to affordable prices and unlimited features within a single available plan. The company boasts two data-sharing centers and powers over 1 million domain names across the globe.
- Performance and Reliability – the uptime rate is 99.94. You might expect a bit more from a hosting provider with years of experience. On the other hand, 5 hours of downtime within a year does not seem to be a huge problem.
- Multiple Features – unlike many other hosting providers, iPage offers a single plan to all website owners. The plan comes with a set of features including unlimited storage space, easy-to-use control panel, vDeck dashboard, enhanced site security, round the clock malware monitoring, etc.
- Free Unlimited Domains – iPage offers a free domain. What’s more, you can kink unlimited domains to a single account. It may work out in case of 2-3 domains. But what if the user will go nuts and use 10-15 domain names, for example? Will the host handle the task?
- Free Website Builder – as for the free website builder, it will let you create a simple mobile-optimized site with not more than 6 pages.
- Custom App Market – get access to a variety of applications and widgets to customize your website. Here you have tools to launch an online shop, a professional portfolio or blog by adding payment options, contact forms, photo galleries, etc.
- eCommerce functionality – the hosting provider comes with a selection f tools to launch a digital store. You will get an intuitive product management system as well as instruments to track sales or promote items.
- Integrated Analytics – a hosting account already includes tools to analyze and monitor your website performance.
A good pick for newbies who do not want to sort out each plan by bandwidth or other technical issues or unknown features. Here we have an equal-for-all server solution at a reasonable price.
- Limited plan option.
- Discounts for long-term subscribers only.
- Average performance.
iPage Cost: as we have already mentioned, iPage comes with a single one-size-fits-all plan that costs $2.99 per month. It includes basic features in addition to web building tools, customer support, and eCommerce opportunities.
A2Hosting – One of The Fast Web Hosting in the World
A2Hosting – is a web hosting provider that has been on the market since 2001. It is not as popular as the biggest industry names. However, it certainly has some great features to offer in terms of performance, flexibility, and security. The hosting solution can be used with major CMS platforms as well as website builders. User may count on professional 24/7 support, in addition, to anytime refunds, free site transfers, and more.
- Flexibility – A2Hosting offers several hosting solutions for different needs. They include shared hosting for bloggers and small site owners, solution for resellers who want to host their customers’ projects, VPS and Dedicated hosting packages for growing websites and projects with more intensive needs.
- Compatibility – the system ensures seamless integration with any of the available CMS platforms without technical skills. Whether you plan to build a website on Joomla, Magento, OpenCart, WordPress or other application, A2Hosting works seamlessly with each of them. For example, WP-optimized hosting comes with special turbo plans to make your site as speedy as possible.
- Free Account Migration – users may opt for a free website migration assistance to move the existing project from one server to the one hosted by A2Hosting. Users have from 1 to 25 free migrations depending on the package they choose.
- Speed and Performance – the system claims to deliver 20X faster services thanks to its Turbo Server solutions. The average page speed is pretty good. The system scored 337ms over the last few months although the uptime of 99.92% could be a bit better. It has servers located across the globe to host your project closer to the target audience.
- Free Features – each plan includes free SSL to ensure visitors’ data safety in addition to free SSH. The access is automatically enabled once you have paid for the plan.
The hosting provider has everything auser might need to enable multi-tasking and launching a solid web project. On the other hand, you need to keep in mind some of its cons as well.
- Confusing pricing policy.
- Complicated setup and onboarding.
- advertising and upsells.
A2Hosting cost: before we dive deep into prices, we should mention about the A2Hosting money back feature. The platform guarantees anytime refund policy. In other words, users are free to claim for a refund without limited timeframes. As for the Plan costs, users may opt for Shared hosting (starting from $2.69/month), Reseller offer (starting from $9.80/month), VPS hosting (starting from $5.0/month), and Dedicated server solution (from $99.95). The further renewal will cost users from 17% to 61% higher with the exception of a VPS package that comes with a fixed price.
GoDaddy – The Largest Domain Registration + Hosting Company
GoDaddy – is one of the most popular domain registration services across the world. The platform is also a web hosting provider that delivers its upscale server solutions to meet different needs. The company offers pretty low entry prices in addition to great uptime (99.97%), high enough speed (517ms), round the clock customer support, and a bunch of other features.
The platform has proved to be a trusted hosting provider although it comes with endless upsells, high renewal costs, and the lack of crucial features available in the starting packages. For this reason, GoDaddy might not be the cheapest solution. However, users still appreciate the range of features it delivers.
- Great Uptime and Page Speed – despite the fact GoDaddy was originally launched as a domain registration service, the platform found it possible to deliver a reliable shared hosting with good uptime, which is currently 99.97% according to the latest tests. As for the downtime, GoDaddy has shown about 13 minutes per month, which puts the platform above the average competitors. The loading time has been around 517ms over the last 12 months.
- Made-for-WP Hosting – The system has a separate WordPress hosting plan that includes a simple drag-and-drop page editor in addition to automatic backups and updates, website restore functional with a single click, etc.
- Custom Website Builder – the system might be a good option for those who look for an all-in-one website building solution. You may register a domain name as well as create and host a new site in one place. The software is good for newbies with no technical skills. All you need is to choose and customize the ready-made template to go live.
- Apps and Security – apart from automatic updates and daily backups, GoDaddy uses advanced technologies to monitor, detect, and prevent DDoS attack efforts. Moreover, users get full access to over 125 different apps available at one click. They include popular CMS including Drupal or Joomla as well as other essential software.
The platform boasts recognition with customers worldwide. It has shown good performance rates although some downsides are still to consider.
- Limited entry plans.
- High renewal costs.
- Annoying upsells.
GoDaddy Cost: the platform initially offers three of its major plans that include Economy, Deluxe, and Ultimate packages costing $2.49, $4.99, and $7.99 respectively. The price looks very affordable until the renewal is necessary. This is where you will need to pay about 60% higher prices to continue using the hosting. All plans are available for both Linux and Windows user with a slight difference. Linux plans also come with the Business package designed for advanced eCommerce projects. It costs $20.99 for the first month while the renewal monthly price is $29.99.
The Bottom Line
A website hosting is the core issue of the web presence. You need to decide, which one is the best fit considering your website type, structure, goals, etc. Do you need a shared hosting or a cloud server solution to ensure high speed at any time? Do you need special features such as free domains or website building tools? Those are the questions to consider before opting for a hosting company.
One thing is the same for all web hosts: they must ensure a smooth and fast website operation despite the server load or traffic spikes. It should boast brilliant page load and uptime rates in addition to 100% reliability and set of specific features.