Website builders are designed to make it easy for users to establish a professional and appealing representation on the web. Both Wix and GoDaddy boast a high level of recognition if compared with other website building platforms.
They appear to be a good choice every time you think of building a website from scratch with minimum efforts and no technical skills.
A Quick Snapshot:
Wix – is one of the most popular website building platforms designed to help newbies go online with solid projects. The instrument is perfect for small business sites, blogs, portfolios, small and medium digital stores, etc. It is very easy to use thanks to implemented modern technologies that use Artificial Intelligence. Users may deploy a ready-to-use and fully customizable website within several minutes.
GoDaddy – is the platform that made its way from a typical hosting provider to a decent website building software with a good feature set. The company boasts over 2 decades of web presence featuring up-to-date web products for both Windows and Linux users. The platform has a user-friendly interface with a set of innovations and handy user guides to make the building process as easy as possible.
So, what is the best software to choose? What possible pros and cons differ Wix from GoDaddy? What the website builder is better and why? Let’s find out!
1. Ease of Use
Wix. Wix has a drag-n-drop function making it easy to work with content, add new blocks and pages, download media files of a different format, change colors, fonts and other elements you need to establish a unique style for your future website. Wix follows the latest technological trends.
- Wix ADI – the AI-based tool was implemented to make the building process as fast and easy as possible. The instrument offers several site layouts depending on the user’s goals. It works pretty simply: a user is asked to answer several baseline questions related to his or her future project, goals, website type, etc. The system will automatically design a custom layout that is the best fit to meet your particular needs. At the same time, you are still free to choose different section types from galleries and lists to images and texts. The new extension delivers a better editing experience. It takes about several minutes to come up with a ready-made website using Wix ADI. The system has been improved providing access to platform’s Photo Studio and creating stunning portfolios or photographer’s websites.
- Wix Editor – a good tool for those who want to dive deep into the building process without technical skills or AI- assistants. It is a great chance to express your creativity. Simply choose any of 500 available templates or start with the blank page. Based on a drag-and-drop functionality, the editor lets you implement various worthy elements and details like Parallax effect, change the background, add animation, etc. The tool makes it easy to translate payment methods into various languages as well as customize your website from a mobile device. New Media Manager comes as a handy instrument to stay organized with your projects having all necessary subfolders, image managing tools, contributors, and tags in one place.
- Wix Corvid – this one is for dedicated web designer craving for unlimited building freedom. It is a good tool for those involved in coding and programming, Corvid lets you take the fullest form Wix platform and create an exclusive web design of your own. API access makes it easy to manage your site while Wix CRM backend API is able to send notifications to your contributors. We should also mention such small but still important things like data formatting, site debugging and monitoring.
GoDaddy. GoDaddy cannot boast such innovations, although the platform is pretty easy to use. You will never ask yourself “what should I do next?” when using this website builder. It offers a logical and straight forwarded onboarding feature. Once you have signed up, the software will accurately guide you from one building step to another right until you need to press the “publish” button.
- Website Editor – the platform has a pretty simple and well-structured Editing tool. It might be accessed from both desktop and mobile devices. The system offers various blocks and elements for the page available in several variations. They look pretty stylish although the rigid design may result in the lack of building freedom. In other words, you will hardly face any difficulty when adding a new section. However, you will certainly dislike the complexity when changing its design or trying to customize the page.
- More Editing Tools – GoDaddy has a contact form editor. Well, it is more like a range of preset blocks, as there is no chance to add more files like “comments” or “Subject”.
Wix vs GoDaddy. Both platforms are extremely easy to use. However, Wix looks like a faster and simpler option to create a website with just a few clicks using its AI-based technology. At the same time, Wix offers more freedom to coders and programmers while GoDaddy seems to be a bit more limited in terms of editing and customization capabilities.
2. Features and Flexibility
Wix. Wix is one of the most flexible platforms in terms of integration and customization functionality. It has a rich feature set to handle the building process despite the technical background or key objectives. The main features include:
- Extended eCommerce – Wix makes it pretty easy to build and set your online store. Apart from baseline eCommerce features like product management, payment options integration, and tax deals, the platform comes with flexible coupon strategies, free shipping offers, discounts and sales settings, store Analytics to view the data and optimize your shop. Mobile Gallery Filters will make it easy for customers to sort out products by price, size or other characteristics. Wix offers ultimate eCommerce integration capabilities with platforms like Avalar and Fetchy to deal with real-time tax rates as well as implement advanced online shipping solutions.
- SEO and Marketing – apart from baseline SEO settings like meta tags, titles descriptions, focus keywords, and social media preview modes, the system has its custom Wix SEO Wizard to let you benefit from higher SEO rankings offering an effective SEO plan. Enhanced email marketing feature will make it easy to grow your subscribers list with the help of newly implemented tools such as video functionality, sample and trigger emails, templates and more great for your email campaigns.
- Android and iOS Apps – a great for users who are always on the go but still want to have a chance and work on their websites from mobile device. You actually get almost the same functionality as on desktop. Add content, manage your products or chat with live visitors. All images and videos come as Retina ready media content available for devices with high resolution.
- Blogging – having a professional blog on your website is vital. Wix makes it easy to create a great blogging section and customize it by adding new categories, creating profile pages, sharing your posts via social media platforms, etc.
- Wix App Market – offers a wider range of widgets and add-ons. It boasts its own App Market where you can choose any widget you need and it is free. All apps and add-ons are included in your monthly plan price. You do not need to overpay for each and every improvement. Wix has a PRO gallery, maps, analytic tools, forum sections, calendars, subscription forms, event widgets and plenty of other handy elements that will improve your users’ engagement and experience.
GoDaddy. The service does not have its App Store, which is certainly a huge miss. On the other hand, users can opt for some basic functions like social media sharing or image gallery. You will also be able to add your website to Google AdSense. If you need some more comprehensive options like Paypal button or SEO Wizard, you need to purchase at least Business Plan.
Speaking about SEO Wizard, it looks simple and guides a user from one stage to another letting edit titles and descriptions. The problem is that GoDaddy has a strange heading order that has no sense. Google may not like it. You may add a blog, but you will have to host it somewhere else.
GoDaddy has a basic blogging feature as well. It is not as comprehensive as in Wix. Moreover, users will not be able to track new posts from the RSS feed, as there is no RSS support. Another miss is that authors are not able to add post tags or create authorized articles. In addition, you will not be able to work with SEO settings. Summing up, there is actually no use of such blogging feature although it is still available.
Good news is that platform has its custom Contact Form builder (we have already mentioned it before). It offers a set of ready-made blocks. They look pretty typical with no chances to customize them or edit new fields. On the other hand, third-party integration with email marketing tools might improve your newsletter campaign resulting in better user acquisition rate.
Wix vs GoDaddy. Wix looks more functional with a huge selection of apps and add-ons while GoDaddy mainly comes with preset features that are hard to customize. Moreover, Wix has more enhanced blogging and SEO features in addition to extended email marketing tools. This is where GoDaddy lacks flexibility.
Design Comparison Chart
|Number of Themes:||550||20|
|Mobile Editor:||✔ YES||✘ NO|
|AI Website Design:||✔ YES||✘ NO|
|Drag&Drop:||✔ YES||✔ YES|
|Mobile Optimized:||✔ YES||✔ YES|
Wix. Wix is a more flexible and versatile platform. Users can choose from 70+ different categories of professionally designed mobile-optimized templates. It lets you both review and edit your templates in a mobile mode.
Apart from a drag-n-drop function for a simple editing and adding new elements to a necessary page, you can edit your menu, change colors, and attach media files in various formats, work with typography and establish an exclusive style for your website.The only drawback is when you choose a template, you need to stick to eat. There is no export function.
Wix Editor lets users bring their own web design ideas to life. With no coding skills. You are free to build websites with stylish images or videos on the background, add new engaging elements like Parallax effect and animations to menus and page sections or code an exclusive website from scratch using Wix Corvid.
GoDaddy. GoDaddy offers a limited set of templates. Moreover, you will not have a chance to change them in accordance with your needs. The lack of drag-n-drop feature makes it impossible to change background colors, fonts, typography, etc. Although you still can add new sections or delete blocks, all templates have already-designed elements that you are not able to customize.
The templates look just fine. There is nothing brilliant about them although they are mobile-friendly. All pages are good-looking enough. However, keep in mind that you will never get a chance to go far beyond the basic design settings. It is impossible to proceed with any layout changes. Forget about editing HTML or CSS. All you can do is choose a color and the general style for your theme.
Wix vs GoDaddy. Wix offers a huger number of templates while GoDaddy actually delivers different theme styles rather than layouts. At the same time, Wix makes it easy to customize each template by accessing its CSS. You will not have such an opportunity when using GoDaddy.
4. Customer Support
Wix. The website builder has an enormous knowledge base and blog, where you can find some useful information. At the same time, you are free to request a chat support in addition to simple tips on how to submit your tickets in case any problem occurs.
GoDaddy. The platform boasts a professional support team, which is a must for any company that provides hosting and domain services. As for the website building software, GoDaddy has a huge knowledge base, a forum to ask any question and a worldwide support by phone. Users are free to contact support managers during the working hours. You can find the list of all phone numbers around the globe in the support section.
They also indicate the working hours for a particular country. The company offers different products that include not only website building tools and domains, but also SSL certifications, online auctions and more. For this reason, you will hardly face any difficulties when getting in touch with the support specialist to resolve any issue.
Wix vs GoDaddy. GoDaddy seems to have more options for users to keep in touch with the support team. On the other hand, resolving an issue may be daunting considering the number of products they sell at GoDaddy. Wix managers are more focused on the issues related mainly to a website building process.
Wix. The platform offers a free plan although with only 500 MB of storage without a domain name or hosting. However, for only $8.50/month you can purchase a Combo Plan and get everything you need in a pack. SSL data security, free hosting, and domain, free templates, widgets and add-ons are already included in this price.
Do you need to build a more complicated website with plenty of features and complex structure? Unlimited Wix plan starts from $12.50 per month. It is perfect for larger projects. Need a solid web store? E-Commerce plan is right for you for only $17 per month. VIP plan costs $24.50 per month with extra features for professional marketing and e-mail campaigns.
GoDaddy. If you opt for this software, prepare to pay for every new feature and update you want to add. The plan price for a website starts from $5.99 per month. Looks like an affordable offer, doesn’t it?
However, it does not include any features and add-ons you may need in future. You need to pay at least $29 per month for a plan that includes additions for e-commerce. If you need SSL protection and links to social media, you will need to pay more for a Business or Business Plus plans that cost $9.99 and $14.99 respectively.
|Pricing Options:|| ✔ Connect Domain ($4.50/mo); |
✔ Combo ($8.50/mo);
✔ Unlimited ($12.50/mo);
✔ eCommerce (Busines Basic) ($17/mo);
✔ VIP ($24.50/mo).
|✔ Personal ($5.99/mo);|
✔ Business ($9.99/mo);
✔ Business Plus ($14.99/mo);
✔ Online Store ($19.99/mo).
|Features:||✔ Free of Use; |
✔ Templates and widgets;
✔ Online Store;
✔ Free logo and marketing features.
|✔ Hosting + SSL; |
✔ Social media integration;
✔ Apple Pay, PayPal and credit card integration.
Wix vs GoDaddy. Wix certainly looks more attractive from financial perspectives. You do not need to pay separately for each and every widget you need to add. A user gets everything in the pack for a single monthly payment.
Choosing a platform mainly depends on the purposes and goals. Is it going to be a digital store or a small business website? You need to be 100% sure; a chosen software has all the necessary features you might need.
Wix is a more versatile and flexible platform that will work great for various website types. It comes with more customization tools, extended list of widgets, add-ons, and integrations in addition to advanced ADI and Corvid technologies for both newbies and dedicated web designers. It offers wider options in terms of design as well as website further promotion considering SEO, blogging and some other features.
GoDaddy might also work fine for some small and medium websites as well as entry-level online shops. At the same time, it might be good in terms of hosting solution as well. However, its website builder certainly lacks flexibility with little tools to integrate while preset layouts might not be enough for a solid online project.
Summing up, it looks like we have an obvious winner with so many new and great tools to offer.
Overview Comparison Chart
|Ease of Use:|