‘Can you recommend a website builder like Wix?’ is one of the most popular questions I get through your comments and Feedback form.
The answer depends on what you mean by ‘like Wix’. Like any other website builder, Wix is a multi-faceted web service that has many aspects: a feature set, tech support, templates, ease-of-use etc. Hence, when saying ‘websites like Wix’, different users may mean different characteristics: while some expect to get hundreds of modern templates, others are looking for a site builder with a library of applications like Wix App Market, or an intuitive drag-and-drop editing environment.
Whether you’ve tried Wix and didn’t like it, or want something cheaper, or you just want to compare Wix to the competition, you may take a note of another similar by cost and functionality platforms. Fortunately, the choice is quite extensive and there are several powerful website builders that can be highly competitive to Wix. These services are user-friendly and come with a rich set of features that contribute to the efficacy of the web building process.
If you are right about to start your search, but cannot decide what system exactly you need, it makes sense to explore and test several services at a time to compare their major characteristics. Prior to doing that, however, you might have a desire to check out the comparisons of the most renowned services. Let’s get started then!
The best 5 alternatives to Wix are:
uKit – The Cheapest and The Easiest Wix Alternative
uKit is a Wix alternative that is intended for small businesses and offers fully responsive templates. The system works well for designing landing pages, promo websites and small business sites, but it is initially created with the needs of entrepreneurs in mind. It has all the required functionality to help users reach this goal. The system allows designing a quality business website, irrespective of the niche you specialize in.
- Ease Of Use. uKit is the easiest website builder you can find, if you have an idea to launch a business website. The system comes with a drag-and-drop editor and makes it possible to control each step of the web design process in the WYSIWYG mode. There is no need to possess coding skills or web design knowledge to start building quality websites with the system. It has an intuitive dashboard, which is understandable even to newbies. The entire process of building a business website with uKit does not take it longer than a few hours. This is very convenient and simple.
- Business Focus. uKit is initially meant for small businesses and, thus, offers a rich collection of niche-specific templates. These themes fall into dozens of categories to simplify users’ search. They are responsive by default, which is a benefit in itself. What’s more, the system offers powerful web customization tools required to give a website great look and excellent performance.
- eCommerce Functionality. uKit offers advanced eCommerce functionality, due to which it is possible to create and manage a small online store in quite a short period of time here. To do that, you can either activate the eCommerce module the system offers or integrate the Ecwid plugin. There is also a possibility to connect PayPal or Wallet One to your uKit web store.
- External Integration Features. Apart from the built-in functionality, you can additionally integrate external services to your website. This contributes to better website performance and encourages people to use the system. Some of the services you can integrate are CRM, LiveChat, Mailchimp widgets etrc.
As of today, uKit offers 4 plans. Even though, there is no free plan here, the system still allows testing its features by using a free trial period. The paid plans available today include:
- Premium ($4/month);
- Premium+ ($8/month);
- eCommerce ($9.6/month);
- Pro ($12/month).
The cost of the paid plans is quite affordable for everyone. They can come up to any expectations, while the feature set provided at this cost is definitely worth that.
What Makes uKit the Best Wix Alternative?
When it comes to looking for the best Wix alternative, uKit is the system, which definitely deserves close attention. The service has a strong focus on building small business websites. The website builder is amazingly easy-to-use, even if you are not a web design pro with years of niche experience.
To launch a website with the system, you’ll just need to choose one of the templates it offers and start customizing them based on your personal or business needs. uKit templates are responsive, making your website accessible on desktop and mobile devices. What’s more, the website builder is very affordable not only for entrepreneurs, but for ordinary users as well.
uKit Review – Detailed review of uKit with its ease of use, features, pricing, pros and cons analysis.
uKit vs Wix Comparison – Full research of advantages and demerits of using Wix and uKit.
Weebly – The Most Featured Wix Competitor
In some cases, users mean the overall feel of the system: intuitive editor + fresh look + trendy templates + regular updates and releases etc. If that’s the case, the closest Wix alternative, in our opinion, is Weebly. This is a universal website builder, which allows building different types of websites, including promo pages, business websites, portfolios, blogs, landing pages and even online stores. It’s in-browser editor is also based on the WYSIWYG and drag-and-drop principles. It’s intuitive, fast and modern.
- Opportunity to Build a Unique Website from Scratch. Weebly makes it possible to create stunning unique websites, which feature advanced functionality. The system offers a set of ready-made templates and powerful customization tools to give a website individual look. The WYSIWYG editor of the service allows controlling each step of the web building process, watching the immediate result. This is convenient for users, who make their first steps in the website building process.
- Powerful Blogging Options. With Weebly, you won’t face any difficulties when setting up your personal or business blog. The service allows publishing and scheduling posts, selecting social media sharing options even for scheduled articles, specifying meta tags, choosing the most suitable commenting system for your blog users, adding custom headers and footers for your posts etc.
- Membership. Weebly offers an advanced Membership feature, which makes it possible to create new users and assign roles to them. This contributes to close cooperation with clients and, thus, ensures decent result. Weebly is, probably, one of those rare modern website builders, which offer such an opportunity.
- eCommerce Functionality. If you are right about to launch an appealing online store, then Weebly is a nice solution to do that. The system makes it possible to create functional web stores almost in no time. It comes with a convenient integrated shopping cart, secure checkout recovery, inventory tracking, convenient product management, powerful filtered product search, modern eCommerce templates, free hosting, advanced search engine optimization, content and eCommerce integration, handy order management tools, versatile payment options and flexible shipping features. Creating eCommerce websites has never been simpler before!
- Marketing Tools. Weebly offers powerful email marketing tools to help your business grow. These include professional niche templates and layouts, email list building feature, marketing statistics, effective support tools and robust user community. The system also comes with a drag and drop email builder that allows creating impressive emails to drive the attention of prospective clients.
Weebly has a free never-ending version, which doesn’t have any ad banners. Instead, there is a small Weebly link in the footer, which is not attention-grabbing at all. Additionally, the system has four paid plans. A free plan allows testing the features of the system to find out, whether it meets your needs or not. These are:
- Starter ($8/month);
- Pro ($12/month);
- Business ($25/month);
- Performance ($38/month).
Each plan comes with a distinct feature set and should be chosen with regard to your needs. The choice should be based upon the number of products you plan to sell, the amount of bandwidth and disk space required, domain connection and email marketing needs.
What Makes Weebly the Most Featured Wix Alternative?
Weebly is a web building service, which works great for the development of different types of projects: from a one-page website and up to a web store. Users, who have ever worked with the service, value it for the diversity of marketing tools and customization options. Launching a decent website with Weebly won’t take much effort and time.
Non-techies will only need to choose and edit one of the system templates, while proficient web designers have an opportunity to create a personalized website by editing its code. Weebly has a convenient visual editor, which makes the web building process simple and intuitive.
Weebly Review – Detailed review of Weebly with its blogging features, membership and eCommerce pros and cons analysis.
Weebly vs Wix Comparison – A complete research of advantages, demerits, differences and similarities of Wix and Weebly.
IM Creator – Wix Alternative with White Label in Mind
In case your major criteria is ease of use, we would recommend IM Creator – its builder at the first blush is very similar to that of Wix. This website builder works great for students and creatives. It comes with a full set of features required to create stunning and visually appealing websites like portfolios, landing pages, promo websites, small eCommerce websites etc. This cloud website builder is very convenient and understandable for everyone and you don’t have to possess specific coding skills to work with it.
IM Creator Features
- Ease of Use. IM Creator is very easy to use. Absence of coding skills and web design expertise is not a problem here. What you need is to follow the tips and recommendations the system offers and develop a website that meets your needs and requirements. The system provides extensive blogging options, eCommerce functionality, drag-and-drop support, intuitive interface and other features that ensure quick and effective web building process.
- Awesome Templates for Creatives. Another feature that makes the system stand out from the crowd is its collection of responsive templates. Whatever mobile devices you and your clients will use to browse a website, it will look stunning by adjusting to different screen sizes and resolutions. The templates are designed by professionals with the needs of creatives in mind.
- White Label Feature. IM Creator is one of those website builders, which provides white labeling options for everyone, who wants to use the system under another brand. There is even a special plan for clients willing to make use of the white label option. This helps build customer trust and boost your business popularity.
IM Creator Cost
One of the major IM Creator (XPRS) advantages is that the system is absolutely free for students, non-commercial projects and creatives. It offers individual domain name connection, unlimited hosting, no system ad banners and other advantages. If you are interested in the eCommerce option, though, mind that this functionality needs a bit of improvement. The money customers pay when shopping at your website get to the IM Creator deposit account first and can be transferred to your personal account through PayPal or Wired payment system only once a month. This is a feature that should be obligatory taken into account when choosing the system. All in all IM Creator (XPRS) offers three plans. These are:
- Free ($0/month);
- Premium ($8/month);
- White Label ($350/year).
The White Label Plan works great for resellers and entrepreneurs. It makes it possible for users to get control over the system under their own brand names. Additionally, the plan offers unlimited hosting and an opportunity to launch premium websites.
What Makes IM Creator Worth to Try?
IM Creator is a free website builder, which allows creating state-of-the-art projects. Its feature set is centered around building business websites, but it is also possible to launch all types of creative and non-commercial projects with the system. The platform is simple, convenient and affordable. It comes with a rich selection of responsive templates and abundance of tools you can use to customize them.
One of the highlights of the system is its White Label plan, which was created with the needs of web design agencies, hosting companies and entrepreneurs in mind. By using it, one will avail the entire feature set of the system needed to start a profitable web-based business. This is the advantage that makes IM Creator a worthy investment and a nice Wix alternative.
IM Creator Review – Detailed review of IM Creator with its key features, pros and cons deep research.
Shopify – The Best Wix Alternative for eCommerce
Shopify is one of the best alternatives to Wix from the eCommerce point of view. Its entire spectrum of features is focused on launching small-to-large professional and profitable online stores. The website builder is more complicated as compared to Wix. It takes time to explore its feature set, tools and options, but if you manage to cope with that, you will eventually avail an opportunity to launch a web store of any size. For users, who have got used to managing their web stores on the go, Shopify offers a convenient app for iOS and Android. This also contributes to the advanced functionality of the platform.
- Powerful eCommerce CMS. Shopify is a powerful eCommerce website builder, which comes with advanced store management features. It allows exploring customer profiles, connecting to fulfillment solutions and getting automatic order refunds. Shopify also integrates with apps, which simplify the dropshipping business.
- POS Software. The website builder boasts the advanced Point of Sale (POS) terminal, which lets you launch and manage eCommerce websites, add and sell multiple products, use the available external card terminal and perform other actions. It is also possible to accept orders in the offline mode and create as many accounts as you need here.
- Integration with External Services. Shopify easily integrates with multiple external services that boost web store performance. Some of them include Xero, Quickbooks, PayPal, social networks etc. If you have an Amazon Marketplace account, you can also synchronize it with the one you have in Shopify. This will boost your product sales volume and contribute to product promotion.
- Multiple Payment Options. The website builder currently comes with more than 70 payment gateways, which allows for more extensive freedom of choice. Users can select the most suitable payment variants, thus increasing the number of customers and business partners.
Shopify pricing plans are versatile, which depends upon the features they come with. The cost of the system, however, is still more expensive as compared to that of Wix. This is explained by the strong eCommerce focus of the website builder and, thus, the increased web building expenses. Currently, Shopify users may choose between the following plans:
- Lite ($9/mo).
- Basic Shopify ($29/mo).
- Shopify ($79/mo).
- Advanced Shopify ($299/mo).
The more expensive the plan is, the more features it obviously involves. These include design customization tools, disc storage and bandwidth volume, abandoned shopping cart recovery options, SSL Certification and more. The website builder doesn’t charge any transaction fees. However, there are extra expenses needed to perform credit card payments. For those users, who wish to test the features of the website builder prior to making the choice, Shopify offers a free trial period, which lasts for 14 days.
What Makes Shopify the Best eCommerce Alternative to Wix?
Rich feature set, integration and payment options, affordable pricing policy, ease-of-use and convenience have made Shopify a decent alternative to Wix. It ensures reliable SSL Certification, multilanguage support, a broad range of applications and widgets you can integrate into your website. It also offers reliable customer support to help you solve specific service-related problems. The website builder ensures more convenient web store management process, while placing orders with it is much simpler as well.
Shopify Review – Detailed review of Shopify.
Shopify vs Wix Comparison – A complete research of advantages, demerits, differences and similarities of Wix and Shopify.
WordPress – The Best Wix Alternative to Create a Blog
WordPress is the best CMS to create a blog if you disappointed to do that with Wix. It allows for a broad range of design customization options and lets you build different types of quality websites. When it comes to blog creation, the system is among the leaders in the list of the most functional web building services. Mastering WordPress is somewhat complicated for newbies as the system implies the awareness of coding basics and corresponding experience.
- Strong Blog Focus. WordPress was initially launched with blog creation in mind. It allows designing blogs belonging to different niches and meeting versatile objectives. Whether you are a beginner or have certain web building experience already, starting a quality blog won’t be a problem for you here. The system unveils multiple blog creation benefits. These include post scheduling option, an opportunity of adding posts by other users, post moderation, commenting option etc.
- Thousands of Templates. The website builder comes with lots of high-end templates. They are free and paid. The choice is really versatile and will meet your special preferences. There is also an opportunity to purchase templates from third-party web designers, if you are looking for unique and personalized themes.
- Design Customization Freedom. When it comes to website development, the options are close to unlimited. The system provides a wide spectrum of design customization tools to make the blogs not only visually appealing, but also functional.
- Rich Plugin Collection. When working with WordPress, you are welcome to choose between thousands of high quality plugins. You can further integrate them into your blog to boost its performance. Some of the options include forums, calendars, social networking extensions, image galleries, anti-spam protection etc.
WordPress is a free CMS. It allows users building any number of websites at no cost at all. Mind that as soon as you are done with your website creation, you’ll need to host it safely. The choice of reliable hosting may pose a problem for a novice. The same is about website set up. This may eventually result in extra financial expenditures as you will have to hire someone, who will do these tasks for you. What’s more, proper and efficient WordPress use may require installation of extra plugins. Many of them are not free and you’ll have to browse the web to select those that are safe and work great for your web building needs.
What Makes WordPress the Best Blog Alternative to Wix?
WordPress is a decent Wix alternative, which works great for blog creation. The service is much more complicated as compared to Wix, but its feature set and design customization tools are worth mastering the system. When working with the service, you can choose between multiple templates, design customization tools, plugins and other features that will allow building a decent blog. WordPress is currently one of the most popular blog creation systems and it can rightfully serve a great substitute to Wix in this respect.
Wix vs WordPress Comparison – An in-depth research of differences and similarities of Wix and WordPress.
If you know any other platform that looks and feels like Wix, feel free to share it in comments!