Weebly – is a website builder that allows creating quality blogs, online stores, and business websites. It comes with lots of professional templates, convenient drag-and-drop editor, tailor step-by-step guidelines, and other features that contribute to the quick and effective web building process.
Such a variety of tools and options, however, may seem a bit perplexing for users with little or no coding knowledge at all. It takes time to explore and master all the features of the system. This is one of the major reasons that make users look for simpler Weebly alternatives.
[Spoiler] Here’s a List of the Best Weebly Alternatives:
- Wix – the best Weebly alternative
- WordPress – best CMS alternative to Weebly
- Shopify – the best alternative for eCommerce
- SITE123 – absolutely free alternative to Weebly
- Webflow – online website builder software
- Squarespace – similar to Weebly website builder
- uKit – the easiest alternative to Weebly
- IM Creator – another SaaS website builder like Weebly
How to Choose The Best Weebly Alternative For You
There are multiple platforms out there you can use as a quality Weebly substitute. When starting the search of a suitable software, you should initially focus on your current web design goals and requirements. There are all-in-one systems as well as specialized web design platforms, which adhere to special objectives, requirements and project types. Thus, define your goal prior to making the choice.
Another thing to consider is your web design expertise rate. If you are a newbie with little or no coding background at all, you should give preference to simple and intuitive web design systems. However, if your programming knowledge allows customizing more complex projects, then go ahead to pick a more advanced software.
Pricing aspect should not be overlooked as well. There are web design systems, which can fit any budget, providing versatile integrated functionality included into different plans. It’s up to you to find the most cost-effective pricing option to come up to your financial abilities.
The Different Types of Weebly Alternatives
Whatever website type you plan to start and whatever result you intend to eventually get, you can choose from several widespread types of systems to work with. The most well-known of them are as follows:
- Online website builders, which are cloud-based and can be used to start all types of web projects for personal and business use;
- Offline website builders, which are downloadable systems that require installation before being used for web development purposes;
- CMS (Content Management Systems), which are full-featured and functional enough to be used for the creation and management of powerful projects.
No matter what type of website you intend to start and the reasons you have to look for a suitable Weebly alternative, you will be interested to read several reviews of the most popular systems now. Take you time to do that to pick the best option you’ll be satisfied with.
1. Wix – The Best Weebly Alternative
Wix – is the best Weebly alternative, which covers a variety of web design needs. This is the all-in-one system, which currently occupies the top position in the list of the best website builders in the modern niche. The website builder delivers enough flexibility to create different sites with no coding skills. This is what makes the platform a great pick for various audience types – both for beginners and web design pros.
While Weebly still requires a bit of technical knowledge, Wix is a much simpler solution thanks to its drag-and-drop editor and AI-based feature. Built-in advanced technology creates websites for a user based on his or her expectations.
What’s more, the website builder has probably the biggest collection of responsive templates among other SaaS website builders. It currently offers 550+ themes for any business niche. Users may choose from ready-made portfolios, real estate mockups, small business sites, digital stores, etc. All templates refer to a particular category. What’s more, they are free to use, edit, or customize.
Additionally, you may benefit from extra Wix features, namely:
- Wix App Market. Platform subscribers get free access to the app market, where they can pick and connect any widget/extension based on their website type and specialization with a few clicks only.
- eCommerce. Building a digital store using Wix is easy – just access a full set of options from ready-made online shop templates with integrated features to the Wix custom promotion package to start a web store.
- Wix ADI. Implementation of the Artificial Intelligence tool has made it possible to automatically create ready-to-go sites in less than 10 minutes.
- Blogging Engine. Wix comes with a functional blogging engine that lets you start and customize a niche blog.
- Wix SEO Wiz. The website builder comes up with its enhanced SEO algorithm, which lets you apply a personalized SEO strategy for more effective website promotion.
- Multilingual Support. With Wix, you can start several language versions of your website to target international clients and customers.
Users may benefit from an unlimited free plan with no timeframes. However, it does not provide full access to all features. To avail all the system advantages, you’ll have to pick one of its premium plans. Wix offers Standard and Business/eCommerce subscriptions, the cost of which starts from $13/mo.
2. WordPress – Best CMS Alternative to Weebly
WordPress – is the best CMS alternative to Weebly, which is also the longest-running content Management System in the market. The fact that it was initially developed for content-based sites, makes WP a better alternative to Weebly when it comes to building blogs, news portals, online magazines, etc.
The open-source content management system offers endless customization capabilities. Moreover, it appears to be more flexible in terms of budget planning or choosing a place to host your website. The platform is not quite easy to master for newbies right from the start. As soon as you figure out how it works, though, you will benefit from enhanced flexibility of the platform.
Have a look at the most distinctive WordPress features now:
- Blogging Platform. Being initially created for blogging purposes, the CMS comes with a powerful set of features/tools required to start a blog.
- Integration & Plugins. A WordPress website may have as many free/paid plugins as you need – just browse the web to find those widgets/extensions that match your project specialization and requirements.
- Thousands of Templates. Users may select from literally thousands of free and paid templates, most of which work great for content-based and other types of websites.
- SEO and Content Management. WordPress is one of the most flexible open-source platforms in terms of content promotion and SEO optimization, letting you edit the website code to make it more search-engine friendly.
- Hosting/Domain Choice. As far as a CMS does not offer integrated hosting/domain name, it implies the need to pick a reliable hosting provider on your own.
You will be able to edit and customize the website at no cost. However, to go live with it, you will need a domain and hosting. WP-optimized servers appear to be affordable. They offer seamless integration, automated plugin and system updates, advanced security means, and enhanced performance. Bluehost is yet one of the best and WordPress-recommended hosting providers with WP plans to cost from $2.95 per month.
3. Shopify – The Best Alternative for eCommerce
Shopify – is the best alternative for eCommerce, which was developed to help entrepreneurs and companies sell products online. It comes with enhanced functionality not only to create digital stores of any size but also to launch marketing campaigns, promotions, personalized offers, and boost sales. The platform delivers a set of extra perks, which make it a better alternative to Weebly in terms of eCommerce.
The software grants access to a superb collection of eCommerce templates, which fit various niches and are responsive to match any device. The designs are all free to be available to each and every user.
Shopify also comes with advanced Point-Of-Sale (POS) software, which lets you expand the selling influence and distribute products not only online but also at live sites. The system can be integrated with different POS solutions such as Square to sell merchandising and physical products.
Other Shopify highlights encompass:
- Advanced Product Management System. Apart from baseline product images, titles, and descriptions, Shopify offers a wider range of tools (custom galleries to highlight products in 3D, featured item function, integrated catalog modules, tools to set discounts or sales, offer coupons and promo codes) to represent your goods in the most attractive manner.
- Multiple Payment Gateways. Customers are allowed to choose from multiple payment methods (PayPal and Stripe, Amazon Pay, Klarna, Worldpay etc.) that can be integrated with a click.
- Widgets and Apps. The platform boasts its own App Store with tools to prevent cart abandonment, promotion instruments, countdowns, product image sliders and galleries, business charts, etc.
- Analytic Tools. The software has a custom dashboard to track sales and customers as well as to generate automated reports with the most favorable and top-selling products.
- App Store. The platform has an app store, where you can choose and download the required add-ons and widgets for better web store performance.
- Code Editing. Experienced web designers can use their coding skills to build personalized online stores with high end performance.
- High End Integrations. The software allows integrating your web store account with world-known marketplaces like Amazon, Xero, Quickbooks and more.
- AR Feature. Shopify boasts an advanced Augmented Reality tool, which allows displaying the products offered for sale in the 3D mode for enhanced visualization.
Shopify doesn’t have a free plan yet it comes with a 14-day free trial required to test the system’s functionality. There are also three available Shopify plans depending on the shop size and the amount of goods you are going to sell. The plans include Basic, Shopify main, and Advanced plan costing $29, $79, and $299 respectively.
4. SITE123 – Absolutely Free Alternative to Weebly
SITE123 – is an absolutely free alternative to Weebly, which is used for a broad range of web design tasks. The SaaS website builder is one of the best picks for beginners with little or not coding expertise at all. What’s important, the system was launched with the needs of beginners in mind and, thus, its functionality is initially geared towards this user category. The platform is impressively simple, convenient, hassle-free and intuitive – that’s right what most users expect from it.
Being the all-in-one cloud website builder, SITE123 comes with a rich collection of ready-made templates. There are themes to fit various niches there and all of them are free and mobile-responsive by default. Whatever design you will go for, it will be completely customizable to let you edit it in in almost no time.
The list of SITE123 advantages also includes:
- Online Form Builder. The tool makes it possible to build and integrate any online forms into your project to establish better communication with the target audience.
- Multilingual Support. The website builder comes with multilingual support, which lets you create projects in several languages with regard to your business needs and objectives.
- Widget Integration. SITE123 allows choosing from a number of widgets/apps (Live Chat, Galleries, Booking, Online Forms, Social Widgets, etc.) for further integration into your website.
- Blogging Engine. The website builder has a built-in blogging engine, which lets you connect a feature-rich blog to your project to boost user communication and engagement rate.
- Logo Maker. A free tool makes it possible to design, customize and integrate a brand logo or to upload the existing one in order to enhance your website reputation.
- App Market. The system lets you browse its extensive App Market, where you can find a set of widgets/add-ons (free and paid) to match your project specialization.
SITE123 is both a simple and cost-effective website builder. There is a free subscription here, which lets you test the system’s functionality for the unlimited time interval. To go live with your project, though, and to avail deeper functionality, you’ll be offered to upgrade to one of the paid plans the system has. The most affordable of them costs $10.80/mo.
5. Webflow – Online Website Builder Software
Webflow – is the online website builder software, which is developed for experienced web design pros. Both Webflow and Weebly are focused on dedicated web developers but in a different way. The key difference is that Webflow has its custom content management system that makes it easier for users to work with the software.
The system has its custom CMS tool to edit and manage on-site content. It makes it possible to add texts, media content, images, etc. Users are free to create the layout template and apply it to different pages as well as identify the content type with pre-designed custom fields. Extra CMS capabilities include collaborative work with other developers and web designers. These are the features that make Webflow similar to popular Content Management Systems as well as to Adobe Programs.
The range of Webflow benefits includes the following aspects:
- Advanced Template Editor. The editor supports two website editing modes – Designer and Editor that target diverse user categories.
- Integration Options. The system boasts the integrated image library and opportunity of Lottie/After Effects/Lightbox Gallery integration, which contributes to more flexible template customization.
- Custom Site Designer. The feature will be useful for developers who work with HTML/CSS/JS, helping users pick a required function and adjust it using the Site Editor to any place on the page.
- Animation – Webflow delivers advanced interaction instruments (including animation) out of the box.
The platform offers flexible pricing options that are divided into two major categories: website and account plans. Website plans are available in three major options, while their cost starts from $12/mo.
6. Squarespace – Similar to Weebly Website Builder
Squarespace – is a similar to Weebly website builder that delivers highly-flexible templates that can be changed and edited to create a truly unique layout for the future website. The building process is much easier than with Weebly, it does not require technical skills, while responsive themes look very stylish and up-to-date. The website builder may serve multiple needs. It is good for eCommerce as well.
The template set of the platform can hardly be called rich, but all the themes available in the collection are quality, free and responsive by default. The designs are also divided into niche categories, letting you pick those that match your business niche.
Most mockups mainly refer to blogs and small business sites. However, the eCommerce section has several good-looking online shop templates as well. All themes are easy to modify. Users may edit every element, rearrange components, change styling, etc. You can select and customize any theme to avail personalized website design.
As to the list of Squarespace advantages, it currently encompasses:
- Cover Page Builder. This is a great instrument to create professional landing pages on the fly, letting users choose from 30 ready-made templates with HTML/CSS access.
- eCommerce. If you want to sell online, the platform offers an intuitive product management system with the ability to integrate PayPal, Stripe, or Apple Pay options.
- Promotion Tools. To drive more traffic and improve users’ satisfaction rate, Squarespace provides marketing options that include free shipping coupons, ad pop-ups, personalized offers, upcoming sales announcements, and more.
- Social Integrations. The platform allows posting your website-related info in social networks (Tumblr, Instagram, Dribbble, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Behance, Twitch, Yelp, Dropbox, etc.) to further update it when needed.
- Acuity Scheduling Platform. This is a handy business tool, which lets entrepreneurs start and manage their websites, using a set of integrated tools.
- Shared Website Access. Squarespace encourages team cooperation, making it possible to assign shared access rights to members, who work on a project
- Unfold Storytelling Tool. The app allows creating and sharing engaging and informative stories/posts in social networks to attract user attention.
- Widget Integration. With Squarespace, it is possible to choose and integrate functional system plugins and widgets (including those for image galleries, Google Analytics, eCommerce tools for cafes and restaurants, social media buttons etc.) to reach unique website design and functionality.
Squarespace charges moderate fees for its services. There is a 14-day free trial here that lets you test the integrated feature set right from the start. As soon as you decide to proceed to deep website customization, you’ll be offered to upgrade to one of the paid plans. Their cost starts from $12/mo.
7. uKit – The Easiest Alternative to Weebly
uKit – is the easiest alternative to Weebly, which lets users create ready-to-go websites at minimum cost and effort. It does not require any technical background, while the building process will hardly take you more than 30 minutes. What’s more, uKit is an all-in-one solution. It means zero hassle when looking for a boasting or registering a domain name. Users will appreciate a collection of responsive templates with baseline SEO settings and built-in features.
The website builder has a stunningly intuitive interface, which lets you create a feature-rich website with no coding required. The integrated WYSIWYG editor makes the system use simple and convenient even for newbies, not to mention web design pros.
uKit boasts a rich collection of templates, which includes over 400 themes, all of which look stylish and modern. They run well on different devices and come with a mobile preview and editing option. In the available categories, users may find different layouts to create landing pages, portfolios, or even small digital shops with already integrated apps and add-ons.
Other uKit merits include:
- Blogging Engine. The website builder allows connecting and customizing a blog to be able to publish posts for user attraction.
- Great for Small Business Needs. uKit is the best platform to create professional portfolios, landing pages, small business, or one-page sites.
- eCommerce. The platform allows starting digital stores in two ways – either via Ecwid plugin integration of eCommerce widget integration.
- User Interaction Tools. The website builder grants access to multiple interaction tools, integration of which is realized via connection of specialized widgets, such as Callback Forms, MailChimp LiveChat Widget etc.
- Integration Options. With uKit, you can pick and integrate any apps and extensions into your website to reach the desired functionality level: Media Widgets (SoundCloud, SlideShare, Video, News, Timer, Steps etc.), widgets of social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc.), Contacts (MailChimp, LiveAgent, Callback Forms, LiveChat, Jivo, Cost Calculator – uCalc) and more.
uKit is one of the most fairly-priced small business website builders. It has a free 14-day trial to let everyone explore the system’s options. To proceed to website development and promotion, you’ll need to choose from 4 premium subscriptions. Their cost starts from $4/mo.
8. IM Creator – Another SaaS Website Builder Like Weebly
IM Creator – is another SaaS website builder like Weebly, which offers impressive design customization and pricing options. The system mainly targets entrepreneurs, artists, students and creatives, who intend to launch quality web projects. Thus, the platform works best for portfolios, small business projects, blogs and small/medium eCommerce websites.
The use of the system does not imply coding awareness. Customizing websites is easy and quick here. IM Creator grants access to the extensive collection of responsive designs, which are free, customizable, responsive and niche-focused. The process of design customization is convenient and quite intuitive here due to the handy editor of the system.
When it comes to the range of IM Creator merits, the following of them should be the first to mention:
- Quick and Easy Start. To start building a website with IM Creator, you don’t even have to register with the system – just pick a template and proceed to its customization.
- Blogging Engine. The website builder lets you connect a blog to any project to enhance user interaction rate.
- eCommerce Platform. With IM Creator, you can launch and manage a functional online store to further update it on your own, when required.
- Stripe-Based Website Structure. The platform lets you pick and add various content stripes IM Creator websites are comprised of.
IM Creator is absolutely free for everyone, who intends to use the system for non-commercial purposes. For users, who plan to start a commercial website, the platform charges an affordable fee, which constitutes $8/mo only.
Weebly is a good website builder you can use to create and manage quality landing pages, business websites and online stores. The system has much to offer to users and its feature set keeps rapidly developing. However, it’s not altogether convenient and easy-to-use for beginners. It somewhat lacks drag-and-drop options and it requires time to be mastered.
Users, who always lack time and effort to explore Weebly, can select from the reviewed platforms that are worth alternatives to the website builder with multiple advantages and specific parameters to offer. Whatever Weebly alternative you will go for, you won’t regret that. These services are the leaders on the list of the best website builders. They are definitely worth using!