The best way to create a wedding website today is to use wedding website builder. This is the simplest and the most affordable variant, but it’s not the only one, of course. You can also use CMS, a framework or manually write a code in a notepad. This works well, but only for professionals. What’s the sense in complicating the task, when you need to make a classic website only? This can be compared to shooting the sparrows. Theoretically, this is possible, but who needs that in the long run? This does not mean, by the way, that the result will be better than that you can get when working with a wedding website builder.
Wedding Website Builders – Key Features Overview Chart:
|Website Builder||Wix (review)||uKit (review)|
|Best for:||Wedding couple, Wedding event agency||Wedding Agency|
|Easiness||Takes a little time to learn||Very easy|
|Wedding Templates:||On Board||Responsive for wedding website|
|Technical Support:||24/7 email support||Live chat support|
|Additional Options for Wedding:||Wedding Blog||Timeline widget|
|SEO Options:||SEO Wizard||Promotion widget|
|Pricing Options:||Free to $24.50/mo||$4 to $12/mo|
Apart from that, all the advanced web development options require separate hosting purchase and setup. If you haven’t done that before, then you’ll need time to learn. As a result, precious time will be wasted. The search of the best template, safety and database settings, file storage… This is too complicated for a person, who doesn’t have corresponding experience. This is not to mention lots of restrictions. You won’t be able to set up the desired effect, make correct website structure and add modules in a quick and efficient way. Each stage of project development requires specific settings, code lines and effort. Isn’t it better to use a readymade tool, namely a website builder? This is how you will save time, effort and money.
Any WYSIWYG website builder makes it possible to create promo websites without any effort at all. However, not all of them are created in a way we need. You should pay attention to the quality of templates, customization options and ease of use.
The best wedding website builder is Wix. This is an ideal option that offers stunning templates, which can be customized with regard to your needs, an amazing collection of widgets and a pleasant interface. A nice alternative to Wix in terms of simplicity and cost is uKit. These platforms are the best variants to make a wedding website. Let’s discuss their features closer now.
Wix – The Best Free Wedding Website Builder
If you are looking for a simple yet quality way to launch a wedding website, then Wix will definitely serve this purpose with maximum efficacy. The website builder is also a nice solution to create a website of a large event agency that needs online promotion. The system has all the features users need to get the most out of the web building process. It is simple, intuitive, convenient, affordable and it doesn’t imply the awareness of web design skills to be used properly.
Wix Features For a Wedding Website
- Rich Collection of Wedding Templates. One of the major things that make any wedding website unique is the design. Wix has much to offer in this respect and, thus, it ensures individual approach to the web building process by means of customizing specialized wedding templates. Do you wish to have a look at them prior to choosing the one you need? Then take your time to visit the “Events” category (namely, the “Weddings and Parties” section), where you will find a range of templates to meet you needs. Some of the most popular samples include Wedding, Wedding Invitation (several themes), Event Organization, Engagement Announcement, Holiday Party to mention a few.
- Easy Design Customization Tools. Having selected the most suitable wedding theme, you won’t bother with its customization. This is due to another Wix option, which offers easy and understandable dashboard that is easy to master even to newbies. What you need to do is to replace the demo content with that of your own, edit the design (if necessary) and publish a website. This is the most effective option. Wix interface is simple and appealing, it’s pleasant to work in it. Almost all the actions in the system are done with a mouse. This includes dragging the widgets, adding the effects and modifying general website settings.
- Mobile Version. Wix has a mobile version for Android and iOS, which allows efficiently updating the content at your wedding website after the installation on your smartphone. For example, you can upload interesting photos right after you make them and add any new wedding-related info even on the go. What’s more, all Wix templates are mobile-ready by default, so, you guests won’t have problems, when visiting your website on their mobile devices.
- Advanced Image Editor. The system comes with an advanced image editor. You can apply the effects, crop images and make other actions without the need to use Photoshop and other complex editors. This option is very useful in combination with a mobile application. It allows uploading beautiful photos to website albums wherever you are. It’s also possible to present your photos in one of various design formats to create an appealing image gallery. If you wish, you can set a video as a background or make use of 3D effects (like parallax scrolling, for example) to enhance visual appeal of your wedding website.
- Wix App Market. Wix App Market is one of the highlights of the system, which allows selecting and integrating any quality widgets and tools into your wedding website. Whatever app you’ll decide to integrate, it will surely add great visual appeal and functionality to your wedding or event website. Some of the apps you might like include Wix Events, Calendar, Moovit – Maps and Routes, Google Maps, Eventbrite, Meetup, Countdown Clock, Lumifish Chronicles, Social Network Buttons and what not.
- Wix ADI. If you are not a web design pro, but still wish to launch a quality wedding website, then Wix ADI tool will certainly be of great help to you. Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) makes it possible to create websites in a hassle free and quick way. What you need is to provide your own info so that the system could use it to automatically build a website for you and fill it with the content provided.
• Connect Domain – $4.50/mo;
• Combo – $8.50/mo;
• Unlimited – $12.50/mo;
• Commerce – $16.50/mo;
• VIP – $24.50/mo.
Wix has several pricing plans to meet any needs and budget. There is also a free version that allows testing the major features of the system prior to selecting a plan you’ll work with. As to the paid plans, there are five of them.
If you need a quality wedding website, then Free and Connect Domain plans won’t be a nice choice for you. These plans have specific restrictions and ad banners, which will not only prevent you from getting the most out of your wedding website performance, but will also distract the attention of visitors. So, if you need a decent website, then it makes sense to upgrade to one of the advanced plans that come with numerous features and options needed to create a nice wedding website.
If you need a quality, logically-structured and affordable wedding or event agency website that will feature decent performance, then Wix will be an ideal solution for this purpose. The website builder comprises such features as ease of use, convenience, reasonable cost etc. as well as rich feature set that will maximize your wedding website performance by using lots of special effects and attention-grabbing features. It’s easy to build a decent wedding website with Wix, no matter what experience and skills you have.
Wix Active Website Examples – see the real users websites powered by Wix.
uKit – The Easiest Website Builder for Wedding
When it comes to uKit, this website builder works for wedding websites not worse than Wix. The system is easy to use for people with diverse web design knowledge and skills. It is intuitive, simple and convenient, but it makes it possible to create full-featured websites that stand out from the crowd due to their quality and performance.
uKit Features For a Wedding Agency Website
- Modern Responsive Wedding Templates. Just like Wix, uKit offers an extensive collection of wedding templates. The quality of these templates is on the top notch level. They come with the readymade content and it’s up to you to edit it and customize the design with regard to your needs. Thus, the template collection includes themes for wedding websites, wedding bouquet services, wedding agencies, wedding decor companies and more. All the templates have modern design and are responsive right from the start. By using them, you can easily build a quality wedding website from scratch with no special skills and expertise rate at all.
- Widget Integration. Wix has a collection of widgets that are easily integrated into your wedding website in a couple of clicks only. Widget integration does not only give your website impressive look and draw the attention of visitors, but also enhances its functionality. Some of the most popular widgets that may be a good addition to your wedding website are LiveChat, Slideshare, Social Networking Buttons, Timer, Comments etc.
- Ease of Use and Convenience. uKit is simple and convenient for everyone as it doesn’t require any serious web design skills and knowledge to launch a decent wedding website. The entire web building process won’t take it longer than a couple of hours, while the result will impress you by the quality and professional look of the readymade project. It’s easy to master the dashboard to edit the website as you need.
- Gallery Posting. uKit is an ideal choice for gallery posting. All the templates are widescreen, while the images included into their design look awesome with large miniatures, convenient preview interface, signatures, frames etc. Such website ensures festive atmosphere as it is. What’s more, the WYSIWYG editor of the system makes it possible to customize the design, add pages, widgets or remove extra elements you don’t currently need.
• Premium – $4.0/mo;
• Premium+ – $8.0/mo;
• eCommerce – $9.60/mo;
• Pro – $12/mo.
uKit pricing policy is a real bonus for those users, who have made up their mind to use the system to build a wedding website with it. There is no unlimited free plan here, but it’s actually not needed at all. The website builder has four pricing plans, each of which allows testing the system for 14 days at no cost to understand and explore the features it offers.
Comparing uKit cost to that of the rest of website builders, it becomes obvious that the system is definitely worth trying. The prices are moderate and affordable to all categories of users. They won’t hit you on the pocket, but will ensure stunning web building experience.
uKit is a decent alternative to Wix, which works great for building wedding websites as well as sites for wedding and event agencies. The website builder is known for its simplicity, ease of use, affordable prices and decent feature set that does not compromise with the quality of the ready made product. It allows creating wedding websites in the easiest way possible. In this respect, it doesn’t have any competitors at all.
Considering the pricing aspect and stunning templates allowing for impressive graphic content presentation, we can conclude that uKit is almost an ideal website builder to create a wedding website. Why almost? Just because its design customization options are inferior to those offered by Wix. At the same time, it’s easier to use them and it’s close to impossible to spoil something here. Anyway, it’s always better to see that with your own eyes. You’ll definitely like it.
How to Create a Wedding Website by Yourself
Wedding is one of the most serious and responsible events in the life of each person. Preparation to it can last for several months and it’s no wonder, because this day has to be remarkable and special. There are so many nuances that have to be handled to make the holiday outstanding. One of them is creation of a wedding website.
A wedding website is a modern trend. This is a kind of an announcement of the upcoming event. It can be created several months before the Big Day and filled with thematic content during the planning process, including the upcoming events, venues, guest lists, photos, wish lists etc.
Such website can be used as a diary for a newly married couple and a visiting card of the upcoming event. It’s possible to upload videos and photos of the ceremony all relatives and friends will certainly like. We have one life only and we definitely wish to preserve all the details of this memorable occasion, sharing our happiness with people we love. This is not to mention that having a website is modern and trendy these days. Reputation cannot be superfluous.
Having created a wedding website, you can mail a link to it to your guests invited so that they could be aware of all information related to the event instead of notifying everyone about the details in person. If you plan to invite many guests, this option will help save your time, effort and money. All the guests will be provided with the news and preparation details as you update the website content.
What exactly can be published on a wedding website? How should a quality wedding site look like? Listed below are the major points that have to be included into your website content:
- Date, time and place of the wedding ceremony. A countdown timer should be placed on a homepage to make the information noticeable and convenient for the guests. The detailed event location map will also be useful;
- The plan of the ceremony, including the list of the pre-planned events of a wedding day with time specification. General description of the program to prevent the unexpected situations and misunderstandings;
- Contacts of a company and organizations responsible for your wedding preparation;
- Information about the hotel your guests will stay at;
- Photos and videos of the newlyweds as well as of the place, where the ceremony and the party will be held.
This list can be updated with regard to your needs. Publish any information related to you and your wedding – your love story, family life plans, funny moments of the preparation process etc. There are no standard rules here. Update the site based on your current needs and preferences, although, we recommend sticking to the list we’ve provided above.
How to Build a Wedding Website Step by Step
So, we have concluded that a wedding website is an important detail of the occasion. It is almost a must-have for modern newlyweds. Now, we have to decide what tool should be used to create it. The variants are unlimited. You can hire a web design studio, but you should be ready to pay much for their services. Taking into consideration that wedding preparation expenses are always impressive, it makes sense to look for cheaper and quicker website creation options. However, this doesn’t mean that your website should not be good-looking. Instead, it has to be visually attractive to appeal to everyone, who visits it. What’s the way out then?
Actually, that’s quite simple. What you need is a quality wedding website builder with a visual editor. Such systems make it possible for people, who lack web building skills and experience, to create appealing websites. The cost and time investment are minimal, while the effect may exceed your expectations. This is exactly what you need.
A wedding website is a kind of a visiting card. This is the simplest website type from the technical point of view. You can cope with the task on your own (or with your loved one, of course, which is even more interesting). Website builders generally come with the intuitive interface and it won’t be a problem for you to understand it. Creation of a website won’t take it longer than 1-2 nights of consistent work.
You will be offered a nice choice of appealing templates, hosting and the required set of tools to build a wedding website. These include widgets, galleries, maps, social bar, Soundcloud synchronization to install pleasant background music, timer etc. You’ll just need to write an appealing text, select photos and videos as well as to adjust the design to meet your needs and taste preferences.
Let’s have a closer look at the plan of actions to get the most out of using a website builder:
- Sign up for the system (you can use your social network account to simplify the process);
- Choose a template and name for your wedding website;
- Edit the website structure and design (set up block positions, colors, fonts, titles etc.);
- Fill your website with content;
- Get a domain name (purchase the 2nd level domain or use a standard system-generated variant). Sometimes a domain name is provided by the system as a bonus;
- Launch a website.
This list may seem a bit complicated for a newbie, but the experience shows that you should start working on your project to understand the basics. Website builders always provide helpful tips to prevent the potential mistakes. Just follow the instructions to avail the expected result.
A wedding website is an important detail of preparation to this remarkable event. By creating it, you won’t have to worry about lots of problems, including the necessity to inform your guests about the details of the wedding day plan. This is prestigious, modern and effective.
By using Wix or uKit, you will be able to design a wedding website that can create a wow- effect upon your guests without any effort. You don’t need any programming, design or technical skills at all. You’ll get all the required tools to reach this goal for affordable cost.
Such website will contribute to the creation of the festive atmosphere. Your guests will appreciate its quality, while you will be proud of yourself and your loved one more than ever. Let’s face it: it’s always pleasant to look decent in the eyes of surrounding people. Right after the wedding day, you will be able to post all your photos and videos, subdividing them into categories and galleries. This is how your memories of one of the happiest days in your life will acquire an appealing form. Try doing that to make sure that it’s simpler than it initially seems!