The importance of white labeling in the contemporary web design niche should not be underestimated, especially when it comes to successful website development. White Labeling is a powerful strategy that allows increasing distribution rates, while staying focused on marketing the products instead of creating it. As a result, you get multiple benefits, including the increase of customer base, website traffic, business potential and, of course, profit.
White labeling in web design contributes to easy website and business branding, reduced marketing investments, development of cost-effective solutions, product/service value growth, sales focusing etc. Many software companies including website builders use white labeling as an important component of their business strategy, because it’s beneficial to both sides: producers get more customers without extra marketing investments, while resellers earn commissions without having to worry about the product they sell.
We’ve done some research on this topic to bring you a list of website builders that either offer a white label solution or interesting alternatives to it. Whether you’re an independent designer, a startup, or an established company, we’ve got you covered.
We Analyzed 10 Of The Best Website Builder White Label & Reseller Programs:
- IM Creator PRO – The Best Whitelabel & Reseller Program
- Ucraft – White Label Website Builder Software
- Bookmark – White Label Design Agency Program
- uKit – One of the Best Lifetime Affiliate Program
- Wix – White Label & Resellers Program Explained
- ShopWired – White Label Ecommerce Platform
- Weebly for Web Designers – In-depth Program Review
- Webydo – An All-In-One Web Design Platform
- Duda – Website Builder with Client Management
- The Squarespace Developer Platform Explained
If you are right about to start your own white label business, you might be encouraged to find out more about these types of website builder software as well as the programs they offer. Each of the systems is worth the attention as each of them offers multiple white label advantages that contribute to your business performance and promotion. Let’s review the most popular and full-featured website builders that provide advanced white label solutions.
IM Creator Pro – The Best White Label & Reseller Program
IM Creator – is a full-featured website builder, which offers the best and the cheapest White Label solution targeted at enterprising web designers, web design agencies, resellers and startups. You start with a very small initial investment (a $350 yearly payment) and you can create and publish as many sites as you want. Also all sites get unlimited hosting for free no matter how much traffic they get. There are also tiers relevant to agencies and hosting companies that gives them the ability to host the sites on their servers and charge users for that as well.
If you need those and more options like cPanel integration, own domains API and other developers features, IM Creator offers two White Label Packages: ‘Host It Yourself‘ and ‘Servers Control‘. In addition to ‘Standard White Label‘ you (or your company) receive an unlimited potential to manage website builder’s functional under your brand. The cost of those packs are $2500 and $25000 respectively.
Helpful Tip: you can reduce ‘Standard White Label’ cost by 20% using a special promocode for SWB visitors – superb20off.
Key Features of IM Creator White Label Program
- Full Control. With the White Label solution, you get full control over the elements of the website editor. These include languages (you can make your website available in any language, if there is such a need), pricing, template choice, user creation, website editing and more.
- Website Brand Style. The system integrates with your company brand style, making it possible to set up your own project that will feature brand identity and recognition. By replacing the original IM Creator branding, you get an opportunity to make your project recognizable for current and potential customers.
- Domain Registration. The tool allows creating and registering the unlimited number of websites and domain on the selected plan.
- Control Panel. The website builder comes with the Control Panel, which is created with the needs of resellers in mind and offers multiple project performance tracking functions.
- Customer Support. When using the White Label tool, you will avail 24/7 customer support assistance you can use to solve any system-related issues.
- Security. The service ensures ultimate security of all the payments and personal information available at the website via the use of the integrated SSL Certificate.
Ucraft – White Label Website Builder Software
Ucraft – is an advanced website builder, which has launched its White Label program in June 2017. Its offer is catchy enough for all user categories. If you’re a small design studio or freelancer who operates with dozens of simple or near-simple websites per year, then you may use ‘Standard Package’ solutions, which costs $479/month. For this cost, you will receive: own branding, templates and domain, Google cloud hosting, unique templates designed by Ucraft web developers, eCommerce App, integrated Landing Page Creator App, Logo Maker App, 20+ integrations with design, analytics and marketing platforms, ability to create unlimited websites.
This White Label program also comes with own admin panel, dedicated manager, Domain Reseller Program, and your own billing system and other privileges. This is a really unique feature for such whitelabel cost.
The second Ucraft’s whitelabel plan – ‘Self Hosted Platform’ ($1899/month) suits the best for large web studios, which create hundreds of websites yearly. In addition to previous options, you’ll get an opportunity to host websites on your hosting platform, create your own referral program, extend and override the core, use restful API for custom website integrations, |powerful tech support and many other options.
Key Features of Ucraft White Label Program:
- Own Brand Name. If you’re a web-designer, you can create websites without Ucraft branding. For a web-design or a hosting company there’s an option to use Ucarft’s editor interface with its own logo.
- Own Pricing Model. You can bill your clients with the pricing model you choose to manage payments and subscriptions as required. Sale campaigns and discount promo-codes are also included.
- Own Referral Program. You can promote your branded website builder through the referral or affiliate programs. You can set up referral fee as you want.
- Own Templates. Design of new templates will make your branded website builder completely unique. Additionally, you will get 5 templates designed by the Ucraft team.
- Own Hosting. Setting up your branded website builder you can choose between hosting on Ucraft’s servers, Google Cloud or your own servers host. It’s useful for the hosting providers who use a website builders service for their clients.
- Own Web Store. You can successfully launch and manage your own online store, using the unlimited advantages of the White Label Program and its integrated eCommerce App in particular.
- Own Integrations. Irrespective of the White Label Plan you will go for, you’ll be able to pick and use over 20 integrations with advanced design, marketing and analytics platforms. Cooperation with these platforms effectively contributes to your conversion rates and client retention.
Bookmark – White Label Design Agency Program
Bookmark – is a new generation website builder that comes with the advanced Agency Program, which effectively contributes to the growth and extension of your business. The program lets you set up and manage your own website design agency website, making use of the powerful integrated Artificial Intelligence tool. Signing up for the program is super easy.
As of today, you can become the registered Bookmark Agent for $99.95/year only, availing the revenue based on the billing option and the terms of the plan you will go for. Among the major advantages of the program, we cannot but mention advanced analytic tools, absence of Bookmark ads, video background integration options, unlimited number of customers, bandwidth and disk space, domain connection feature etc.
Key Features of Bookmark Agency Program:
- AIDA Assistant. Due to the integrated AIDA tool, Bookmark agency Program lets you get the ready-made project in almost no time and with minimum effort investment. The AI-based AIDA Assistant automatically creates a website, using the content you provide, while answering the questions the system generates. Bookmark leverages the power of the Artificial Intelligence to boost conversion and user engagement rates.
- Multiple Business Types. To start a full-featured responsive website with Bookmark Agency Program, you may select from over 750 business types based on the niche you specialize in and the business you plan to launch.
- Quick Website Management. The terms of the program imply the ongoing website management and billing, which correspondingly contributes to effective project performance.
- Billing Options. You can choose between several billing options that work best for your business specification. Thus, the system may handle all the billing nuances for your clients or you may be responsible for the payment aspects on your own. The revenue you will get in return will depend upon the billing option selected.
- Custom Code Embedding. Just like the system makes it possible to start a website with no coding needed, it also allows making use of custom code embedding feature, when launching the Website Agency.
- Stripe Integration. Bookmark handles all the payments and other related billing nuances via Stripe, a reliable and well-known merchant processor. Your customers will be billed on a monthly basis, while you will get the 60% profit. That’s very convenient and time-saving.
- eCommerce. The website builder is eCommerce ready right from the start, thus, letting your clients create and manage their own web stores. Among the eCommerce features the system offers by default, it makes sense to mention an opportunity to sell the unlimited number of products either online or via Facebook and Instagram, absence of transaction fees, customizable email notifications, wholesale pricing groups, powerful web store management tools, secure payment options, discount coupons, integrated shopping cart, availability of web store statistics, shipping options and more.
- SSL Certificate Connection. The system allows connecting the SSL Certificate to ensure maximum protection of payments and confidential information provided by website users.
uKit – One of the Best Lifetime Affiliate Program
uKit – is a small business website builder, which offers an opportunity to join the Affiliate Program that enables everyone, who is involved in professional website building — webmasters, freelancers, web design studios, and owners of niche communities — to drive traffic to uKit and get paid.
If you refer new users from your website to uKit website, they will compensate you for everyone, who ends up making a purchase at uKit.
Key Features of uKit Affiliate Program:
- Profit Generation. Registered uKit users, who will encourage their clients to join the system, will get 30% of all payments made by the referred user. The more traffic you drive to uKit – the higher profit you will eventually generate.
- Affiliate Control Panel. All the subscribers and participants of uKit Affiliate Program have access to the shared control panel. This is the place, where they can find out recent system-related news, events, current profit generation offers the system introduces to ensure profitable and rewarding cooperation.
- Multiple Earning Options. The Affiliate Program implies multiple profit generation options based on the terms of the plan you decide to go for.
- Loyalty Programs. uKit is concerned with their clients’ comfort and, thus, it regularly introduces special offers, loyalty programs, bonuses, promo codes and gifts that contribute to profit generation opportunities.
Wix – White Label & Resellers Program Explained
Wix – is the all-in-one website builder, which doesn’t currently offer white labeling, but they do have two attractive options, though:
- Become an affiliate to earn money on revenue generated from your site. Once you have created an affiliate account and got your unique links, you can direct new users from your site to Wix and get compensated for everyone who ends up upgrading to Premium.
- Become a Wix partner Being a popular and world-renowned brand, Wix has won user trust due to the advanced feature set and myriads of design customization and website promotion options.
Key Features of Wix Partner Program:
- No Need to Launch a Separate Design Agency Website. If you face the need to create your own web design studio, you won’t have to bother about the customization of your admin panel interface to meet your brand style requirements. Instead, it makes sense to become Wix expert to be able to access the system any time of the day and offer your web design services there. As a Wix partner, you’ll create websites for your clients using the Wix system, and get paid not only for your design work by your clients, but also by Wix for each Premium site.
This plan works similar to their affiliate program. This is where you’ll be able to showcase your portfolio to another Wix members looking for a professional web designer. Among the benefits you will avail, the following ones are worth mentioning:
- Possibility to display your portfolio to potential clients;
- Access to the Experts Dashboard, which includes the following sections: News & Resources, Experts Blog, Tools & Guides, Experts Webinars, Experts Hub etc. Mind that initial dashboard access will be somewhat limited, but as you keep creating new websites for clients, your access rights will become more extensive. To automatically get the unlimited Experts Dashboard access, you have to launch 4 or more Premium Wix websites.
ShopWired – White Label eCommerce Platfor
ShopWired – is the UK-based eCommerce platform that lets you sell online without dealing with web design-related issues. The software allows managing your web store with ease, providing over a thousand high end eCommerce features and solutions. These include bogging engine, secure and reliable hosting, unlimited bandwidth, more than 100 marketing and sales tools, multi-channel support, SEO optimization etc.
ShopWired also offers an exclusive White Label solution that provides all the eCommerce features and tools a client needs all under their own brand. Thus, it becomes possible to launch and manage all types of online stores, making use of the extensive functionality ShopWired offers.
Key Features of ShopWired White Label eCommerce Program:
- Rebranded Web Store Management System. ShopWired website management system is fully rebranded to come up to your business requirements, brand look and other crucial parameters.
- Professional Responsive Templates. The eCommerce software comes with a broad range of professional templates, which are highly customizable and responsive. You can make use of these themes to provide customers with freedom of choice and creative eCommerce opportunities.
- Enterprise Level Hosting. The website builder is hosted on trusted Amazon Web Services platform that adheres to the latest security standards and ensures the utmost safety to web stores created with the system.
- Bespoke Design Service. The system lets you offer your clients a totally labelled bespoke design service, which can produce high end designs for their web stores with regard to their special preferences and requirements.
- Rebranded Resources. ShopWired resource center grants access to more than 500 individual help and guidance articles that help users get the most out of all the features and tools your company offers.
- White Label Support. You can invest an extra fee into getting front-line assistance from ShopWired team to provide your customers with professional support under your own brand name.
- Product Creation Options. Your customers will be able to manage their product stock and inventory tools via your ShopWired account. They can upload unlimited number of images for each product, organize them into categories/subcategories, use free filter extension to add a search filter option to their product listings, use import/export feature to edit and upload bulk products, set SEO parameters for better web store promotion etc.
- Sales & Conversions Growth. With ShopWired White Label program, you will be able to increase your sales volume and conversion rates. This can be done via engaging customers and displaying social evidence by providing reviews of other customers, sending automated email messages to customers, who have abandoned their shopping carts, using the Google Trusted Stores feature to boost customer confidence rate etc.
Weebly for Web Designers – +In-Depth Program Review
Weebly – is a website builder that is a good pick for freelance web designers. Their small-scale white label solution also known as Designer Platform provides users with a back end dashboard, which can be fully rebranded.
There are no upfront fees to get started here. The platform allows designers to use the system’s WYSIWYG editor, templates and hosting free of charge. You are only charged once the site is published live to the client’s domain ($8-$25/mo) for each published website. Weebly allows designers to charge their clients higher than their fees to earn recurring income month after month.
To make use of the advanced web design features and tools, the website builder offers the WebPro Plan to the “Design Platform” members. The cost of the subscription constitutes $30/mo. What you will get here is unlimited hosting, free SSL Certificate connection as well as an opportunity to create custom branded websites.
Key Features of Weebly White Label Program:
- eCommerce. The plan makes it possible to provide your future clients with advanced eCommerce features and tools, such as product reviews, real-time shipping options, multiple payment gateways and more.
- Shared Admin Access Rights. It’s up to you to grant shared admin panel access rights to individual users and team members. This matters a lot for effective cooperation on website development, especially when it comes to easy access and management of client accounts.
- Custom Client Portal. The built-in custom client portal along with the integrated website dashboard make it possible to share the access rights with your clients, who wish to manage their projects, while sticking to your branding.
- Client Permissions. You have an opportunity to set a broad range of permissions for those clients, who wish to work on their websites development and to be able to edit them independently.
Webydo – An All-In-One Web Design Platform
Webydo – is a trusted website builder that clearly aims at web design agencies and independent designers, offering white labeling as Webydo for Agencies solution. This feature allows you to fully rebrand the system, offering the complete web design platform to effectively start and grow your agency.
As a web designer and the agency owner, you get a number of merits that ensure impressive result and increase of the customer base in the long run.
Key Features of Webydo White Label Program:
- Full Creative Control. You get the unlimited control over the website creation process, which eventually results in the increased ROI (no coding is required to build websites with the system) and customer retention rate. Webydo experts have calculated that the final time of website development is decreased by 70%, which lets you complete much more projects than before.
- Team Cooperation. You are welcome to grant shared website management access rights to all the team members, who are responsible for different stages of the web development process.
- Full-Time Servicing. When subscribing to the “Webydo for Agencies” solution, you get both customer support and full-time servicing. Dedicated account specialists and professional tech support assistants will take care of your project as well as of the efficacy of the website creation process.
Duda – Website Builder with Client Management
Duda – is a credible website builder, which comes with the White Label program available to Team, Agency and Custom users. It provides resellers with an array of white labeled tools: a full version of the Duda editor; client login page and dashboard; site preview screens, email communications and more.
All the URLs for these tools will be under the reseller’s domain name. The display of each element is customizable. For partners, Duda offers wholesale pricing with additional discounts for most productive designers.
Key Features of Duda White Label Program:
- Client Login Screen. The feature provides an opportunity for your clients to log in the system from the customized white label login screen, which ideally matches your website branding.
- Own Website Builder. Your customers will be able to see and used the customized and rebranded website builder featuring your brand identity colors, logo and other elements. As they reach the site builder, they will correspondingly see your domain name.
- Client Dashboard. Clients gain access to the shared white label dashboard, where they can view website statistics, support portal and other business-related information.
- Website Preview. You can generate website preview version that will feature your business branding to further send it to your clients. It will give your customers the understanding of how your website will look on different mobile and desktop devices.
- Easy Editing. Your clients will be able to edit their projects even on the go under your brand name. Due to the integrated mobile editor, it becomes possible to edit the websites even from tablets, updating the content any time of the day.
- Email Notifications. Whether you need to notify your clients about any events or news or just plan to keep them aware of your business info, you can send branded emails providing the required information.
- Permissions and Control. It is you, who has full control over the customers’ editing process, website permissions and access rights. What you can do in this respect is picking the features your clients will be able to access, grant individual access rights for your team members.
The Squarespace Developer Platform Explained
Squarespace – is a feature-rich website builder that has a separate system for advanced users called Developer platform where you get full code control. However, there’s no currently any white label version or affiliate program of Squarespace. By using the Developer Platform, however, you will avail multiple advantages that will let you create and customize full-featured websites, integrating third-party tools. To launch a website, you just need to pick the preferred template or design a project from scratch.
Key Features of Squarespace Developer Platform:
- Tools and Modules. The system offers a set of tools and modules to simplify the web development process. These include Development Tools (Server, Toolbelt, ESLint Config), Frontend Modules (Core, Controller, Mercury, Darwin, Ancillary, Layout: Base Class, Layout: Autocolumns, Polyfills, Social Links, Video Background, Video Background Rendering), Template Frameworks (Wright, Endeavor, Bureau, Doncab, Dossier) and more.
- Team Collaboration. Squarespace comes with template repositories that are automatically displayed via Git, thus contributing to effective DIY and team collaboration.
- Extended Content Delivery Network. The website builder comes with the integrated Content Delivery Network, which cuts down website load time, using geographically distributed servers.
Apart from the Developer Platform, Squarespace also stands out from the crowd due to its Circle solution. It lets you start a web design business, learning from the renowned creative entrepreneurs and website developers from around the world. What you will get from the offer niche-specific knowledge, advanced web design tools and powerful support to boost the development of your web-based business.
Key Features of Squarespace Circle:
- Professional Design Toolkit. Members, who have joined Squarespace Circle, get instant access to the advanced design customization tools, community recommendations, guides, marketing materials and tips for effective web design set up and promotion.
- Resource Hub. Apart from the Design Toolkit, you also avail the assistance of expert guides that provide you with top recommendations on successful business promotion, customer generation and basics of staying ahead on the niche curve. Authorized Trainer Program is also available here.
- Community Access. Having joined the Circle, you get an opportunity to exchange and share ideas with the extensive and vibrant Squarespace community. This can be done via the participation in the Community Member Forum, Circle Events, multiple creative collaboration opportunities.
- Exclusive Squarespace Offers. Along with powerful customer support, the website builder offers 20% discount, 6-months trial period, access to beta tests, weekly product news, global recognition manifested via the unique Squarespace Circle badge displayed at the website and other notable merits.
The reasons to start and grow your web design business may be versatile.Whatever intentions and aspirations you have, there are two ways you can choose from to make this happen. You can select either a White Label solution or a reselling alternative. Which option works best for your particular business? This depends upon the specifications of each of these options as well as your personal requirements.
White Label programs make it possible to launch a brand web design business, while reseller solutions allow building customer base via the existing website or blog. Both options are worth the attention, although, they differ in their approaches, strategies, features, techniques and tools offered. It’s only up to you to select the best variant based on the objectives and business models you initially set.