Webflow – is a renowned platform, which targets professional web designers and developers. The system provides an extensive feature set, which encompasses multiple editing and design customization options, powerful integrations, add-ons and website promotion tools.
What you should know, however, is that the service comes with a complex structure and web design tools that may seem quite perplexing and complicated for first-timers, who lack technical skills and web design background. In this respect, Webflow somewhat resembles the Content Management System that requires deeper awareness of web design nuances. For this very reason, many users start looking for simpler Webflow alternatives designed for people without web development or coding skills.
[Spoiler] Here’s a List of the Best Webflow Alternatives:
How to Choose the Best Webflow Alternative for You
Are you considering an opportunity of switching from Webflow to another platform? No matter what skills, web design expertise, goals and requirements you have, you will eventually face lots of questions regarding the system to go for. The choice of platform you can choose as an alternative to Webflow is quite versatile and impressive out there, which makes the final decision even more complicated. This is especially true, when it comes to newbies.
So, what system will come up to your individual web design requirements? Which of them works best for your type of project? Which service can provide the exhaustive feature set to cover the prevailing amount of web development needs? What are the parameters to consider, when making the final pick? Let’s outline them right away.
One of the first issues to consider is the type of project you are going to start or already run. Web design systems may differ with regard to their niche specialization and special platform parameters. To define the service you need, think about your website specialization.
The next thing to keep in mind is your skill level and degree of web design awareness. There are simpler platforms that are created with the needs and skills of beginners in mind and more complicated systems meant for web design pros.
Finally, it is important to consider the pricing aspect. It differs from one platform to another based on the number of plans the system offers, integrated functionality and services included adn your special budget requirements.
The Different Types of Webflow Alternatives
Irrespective of the reasons you have to look for a suitable Webflow alternative, it’s a must to be aware of the services that may be a nice substitute to this platform. This is because you have to find out the strong and weak points of each system you can potentially use for your website development process. The most popular and widely-used types of systems include:
- Simple website builders, which cover a broad range of web design needs yet are quite intuitive, convenient and easy-to-use;
- Offline website builder software, which requires download/installation and works best for more complex web building purposes;
- CMS – Content Management Systems, which are worth using, when it comes to starting feature-laden web projects.
We are going to review different types of web design solutions to identify their pitfalls as well as essential features that make these platforms the best Webflow substitutes.
1. Wix – The Best Webflow Alternative
Wix – is the best Webflow alternative, which has proved to be a simple and effective website building tool for users without coding or web designing background. Wix delivers enough flexibility to deal with any type of website (see real examples). Users can benefit from an intuitive interface and editing tools in addition to a wide selection of mobile-optimized templates, a huge collection of widgets and add-ons, integration capabilities and more.
Wix lets you build literally any type of website. It delivers an endless selection of ready-to-use templates from over 70 different categories including eCommerce, blogs, business sites, etc. The website builder offers two website editing options, making it possible to choose either its Standard Editor or advanced Wix ADI tool for your project customization.
The list of undeniable Wix advantages is as follows:
- Blogging. With Wix, you can create a powerful blog and implement available SEO settings to reach a wider audience and get the site to higher search engine ranks.
- eCommerce. The website builder lets you start and customize a quality soamm/medium web store by means of its Wix Stores widget integration.
- Simple Editing Tools. Wix was designed for newbies, which means that you can build and publish any type of website within a couple of hours without special skills due to WYSIWYG Website Editor.
- Design. The system makes it easy to integrate additional tools like visual effects and experiment with Wix Code in case you have at least basic coding skills to create a feature-rich application.
- Flexibility and Features. The platform has its own App Store with endless widgets and add-ons from eCommerce and SEO features like SEO Wizard to powerful blogging and marketing tools.
Wix has a free plan that is good for testing the system. It will come in handy whenever you want to check all the available tools for free. However, it is not enough for building a solid website. To publish a website with the system, you will have to choose from several types of premium subscriptions. There are two groups of plans to choose from – Standard and business/eCommerce. Their cost starts from $13/mo.
2. WordPress – Free CMS (Hosted Alternative)
WordPress – is a free CMS, which is the most suitable solution if you wish to use CMS instead of Webflow. This is the world-popular powerful Content Management System, which does not require any presentation due to its flexibility, advanced design customization tools and extensive integration options.
The service covers a broad spectrum of web design needs, providing a rich feature set, impressive depth of website customization and abundance of plugins that make it possible to reveal its functionality to the advantage. Actually, whatever type of website you need, you will find an extension, a plugin or an add-one to come up to this objective. All WordPress-based projects are SEO-optimized, which means that their chances to rank high in the search engines are quite high.
The most remarkable WordPress highlights include:
- Plugin Integration. WordPress allows choosing between lots of quality plugins for extra website performance and promotion – you may come across the plugins for SEO optimization, anti-spam protection, eCommerce use, sitemap creation, title transliteration and many more.
- Hosting Choice. The system doesn’t offer integrated hosting yet it allows selecting any hosting provider and domain name of your choice.
- Integrated Code Editor. Experienced users can work with HTML, PHP and CSS codes, embedding them into their projects for maximum performance.
- Templates. WordPress template collection is amazing and it currently encompasses thousands of themes available in the system and on the web.
- Powerful Community. WordPress has one of the most amazing, extensive and supportive communities out there that will provide you with all kinds of assistance.
WordPress is a completely free system. This means that you can download and install it at no cost at all. Mind, however, that you won’t go without purchasing plugins, templates, domain name and hosting. The cost of these elements differs with regard to the hosting provider and plan you will go for (Bluehost is the best option here, the cheapest plan of which constitutes $3.95/mo only).
3. Blocs – Ultimate Mac Website Builder
Blocs – is an ultimate Mac website builder, which can be used as a nice substitute to Webflow. The platform is a great pick for building landing pages, blogs, portfolios, eCommerce projects, small business websites and other types of websites. The platform does not imply coding proficiency yet it still requires some effort/time investment to get the most out of its integrated functionality.
The website builder lets you start block-based projects. They are comprised of bricks and blocks you can choose and arrange to your liking. The blocks also differ with regard to their content and implication. Due to the integrated WYSIWYG editor, the process of design customization is somewhat simplified.
The main Blocs merits encompass:
- Coding Awareness. Effective use of the system implies initial coding proficiency required to properly customize your website.
- HTML-Based Structure. The system does not allow for instant content editing because of the absence of the cloud dashboard, which implies the necessity for HTML code customization.
- Design Development. Blocs does not have a collection of ready-made templates, which means that you have to develop them on your own, using a set of design editing tools available in stock.
Blocs comes with a downloadable trial version provided at no cost. To start and publish a website, you will have to pick one of two premium Blocs licenses. Their prices correspondingly constitute $80 and $360. Mind that you will also have to pay around $100 per year to host your ready-made project with the system.
4. SITE123 – Cheap SaaS-Alternative to Webflow
SITE123 – is a cheap SaaS alternative to Webflow, which mainly targets newbies yet can be used as a nice web design tool for web design experts. It allows running different types of web projects, including portfolios, blogs, landing pages, small business websites, small web stores etc. No coding skills at all are required to work with the website builder.
Apart from the amazing simplicity of the website builder, SITE123 provides quite an extensive collection of pre-designed templates, which are free, niche-specific and responsive by default. No programming awareness is required to customize them – just follow the tips the system generates to get started with your project.
Among the most remarkable highlights of the platform that make it stand out from the crowd, the following ones are the first to mention:
- eCommerce. SITE123 lets you start, customize and promote small and medium online stores to boost your sales volume and generate profit.
- Blogging. The system lets you create and customize a feature-rich blog, no matter what nice you specialize in.
- Logo Maker. With SITE123, you can design your own brand logo (if you don’t have the one) to boost your business reputation and make it stand out from the crowd.
- Integrations. The platform makes it possible to choose from multiple free and paid widgets/extensions/add-ons (Online Form Builder, Galleries, Galleries, Analytic Tools, Live Chat, Webmaster Tools, Live Support Chat, Marketing Tools, Booking etc.) in the rich built-in collection of the system.
SITE123 pricing policy is one of the most affordable in the contemporary niche. The website builder comes with a completely free plan you can use to test its functionality. There are also several paid subscriptions here. Their cost starts from $10.80/mo.
5. Mobirise – Free Website Builder Software
Mobirise – is a free website builder software, which requires download and installation before being used for website development purposes. The platform can be chosen to start different types of projects for personal and business use. It works best for portfolios, landing pages, promo websites, blogs, business websites etc.
The system is impressingly simple, convenient and intuitive. This is what makes it a perfect solution for newbies and a worthy Webflow alternative. It is initially oriented on the needs of beginners and, thus, it does not require any coding proficiency to work with it. Unlike Webflow, the software ensures simple and hassle-free website development process.
The most crucial benefits of the website builder include:
- Block-Based Structure. Mobirise grants access to the collection of content blocks (there are over 800 elements here) you can pick and arrange to form your website layout.
- Powerful Design Customization. The system offers a set of integrated customization tools out-of-the-box to let you create unique website design.
- Hosting/Domain Choice. The platform does not provide hosting/domain name by default, which implies the need to make a choice on your own.
- AMP Website Builder. Mobirise comes with an integrated AMP feature, which allows starting and managing web projects that do not only load fast, but are also optimized for mobile browsing.
Mobirise is free for everyone, which means that you can download and install it at no cost at all. To publish a quality web project with the system, you will have to invest into third-party integrations, domain name and hosting. Thus, you can get a Mobirise Premium Pack that comprises extra themes and extensions. The cost of the kit is $129.
6. Dreamweaver – Another Great Software Alternative
Adobe Dreamweaver CC – is another great software alternative, which proves to be a worthy Webflow substitute for code-aware users. This is the offline software created by Adobe and included into the Creative Cloud pack. The system is focused on the needs of professional web developers. It allows creating feature-laden websites and offline applications without using deep coding skills. Dreamweaver has gained popularity with users after Adobe has announced Muse support discontinuation.
Just like Webflow, Dreamweaver is a handy tool for web design pros, requiring coding awareness. However, the system is somewhat simpler as compared to its competitor. It makes the process of website editing a bit simpler due to the automatic code completion tool, which can finish writing the codes after you start adding them.
Dreamweaver boasts multiple pros, such as:
- Integrations. The system seamlessly integrates with multiple Adobe-powered products included into Creative Cloud Library and Adobe Stock Marketplace (InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Dimension CC and Animate CC, Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC etc.).
- Cross-Platform Products. The software allows developing multi-purpose products (websites and applications) for various types of desktop and mobile devices.
- Multi Language Support. The platform makes it possible to start websites in several languages (Polish, Dutch, English, Swedish, Turkish etc.), which contributes to your website performance.
- Fast and Simple Deployment. Dreamweaver provides a wide range of themes and layouts to let you start and customize quality HTML web pages (portfolios, blogs, online stores and many more).
Adobe Dreamweaver doesn’t have a free version yet it is possible to test its integrated feature set during the free 7-day trial. Premium subscriptions (Personal and Enterprise) are paid and their cost starts from $14.99/mo. Additionally, the software offers several plans for educational establishments.
7. uKit – Small Business Website Builder
uKit – is a small business website builder and the cheapest Webflow alternative. Developed as a simple DIY software, uKit uses the latest technologies to create websites for small business. It offers a selection of good-looking responsive templates combined with instruments to create content from scratch and manage sites digital identity.
The main uKit mission is to help newbies build a solid website from scratch and this is its major prevalence over Webflow. No special coding or programming skills are needed. uKit was designed to help you build small web shops, websites for small business, one-page sites, business cards, landing pages, etc. You can add some high-quality photos to create a professional portfolio or launch a personal blog.
uKit merits are numerous and some of them include:
- CRM Integration and eCommerce. Users can come up with small digital stores and benefit from sales tracking and product management tools.
- Mobile Responsive Templates. While uKit is a multipurpose website builder, it delivers a selection of different mobile-responsive templates including ready-to-use small digital stores, one-page templates, etc.
- Outsourcing Feature. The website builder lets you easily collaborate with third-party web developers and companies to work on the website using Developer Access feature.
- Drag-and-Drop Function. Platform’s editor makes it easy to work with any type of content, organizing the page structure as you need.
- Mobile Site Preview. Users can not only preview their projects on mobile devices, but also edit some of the site sections and blocks, hide or display them whenever needed.
You can try all available uKit functions free. The software features a 14-trial period. At the same time, its paid plans look like a bargain. The Premium plan costs $4 per month and is enough to create a professional on-page site or business card. If you crave for more features to build an eCommerce site, you can opt for an advanced plan costing $12/month.
Webflow is certainly worth paying attention due to its multiple features, powerful editing and design tools, integrations and add-ons. Its live website examples serve the best proof of this statement. However, the platform is mainly focused on professional web designers and editors. Newbies will not manage to figure out how the system works due to its complexity. This is where all-in-one and specialized website building platforms might help.
All the systems listed above as well as some other popular services like Squarespace or Webydo can be considered worthy Webflow alternatives. The final choice, however, should depend upon your web design skills and the result you hope to avail at the end of the web development process. If you have time and budget to invest into the web design process, take your time to test those of them that come up to your requirements most of all.