Webflow – is a renowned platform, which targets professional web designers and developers. The system provides an extensive feature set, which encompasses multiple editing and design customization options, powerful integrations, add-ons and website promotion tools.
What you should know, however, is that the service comes with a complex structure and web design tools that may seem quite perplexing and complicated for first-timers, who lack technical skills and web design background. In this respect, Webflow somewhat resembles the Content Management System that requires deeper awareness of web design nuances. For this very reason, many users start looking for simpler Webflow alternatives designed for people without web development or coding skills.
Irrespective of the reasons you have to look for a suitable Webflow alternative, it’s a must to be aware of the services that may be a nice substitute to this platform. This is because you have to find out the strong and weak points of each system you can potentially use for your website development process.
Best Webflow Alternatives
Suppose, you have decided to switch from Webflow to a simpler and more intuitive alternative, which will encompass flexibility, advanced functionality and affordability. Which service works better for this purpose? Which of them can provide the exhaustive feature set to cover the prevailing amount of web development needs?
In this research, we have examined the most popular platforms you can use instead of Webflow, depending upon the web design tasks you have set. Thus, we are going to review all-in-one solutions as well as specialized systems to identify their pitfalls as well as essential features that make these platforms the best Webflow substitutes.
Wix – is the best alternative to Webflow. It has made a great name for itself boasting millions of beautiful websites on the Global Web. It has proved to be a simple and effective website building tool for users without coding or web designing background.
Wix delivers enough flexibility to deal with any type of website. Users can benefit from an intuitive interface and editing tools in addition to a wide selection of mobile-optimized templates, a huge collection of widgets and add-ons, integration capabilities and more.
What Types of Websites Is Wix Good for?
Wix lets you build literally any type of website. It delivers an endless selection of ready-to-use templates from over 70 different categories including eCommerce, blogs, business sites, etc.
You can use the platform to create professional portfolios featuring high-quality images that will certainly draw the attention of potential customers. Wix is a good option for landing pages or one-page websites. The platform has enough eCommerce features to build, manage, and promote a medium digital store. An AI-based software makes the building process even easier. It asks a user several simple questions and creates a custom template based on the answers and preferences.
Wix boasts a great blogging feature for those who want to speak volumes on the global web. Users can create a powerful blogging platform and implement available SEO settings to reach a wider audience and get the site to higher search engine ranks.
Why Wix Is A Better Alternative to Webflow?
The platform delivers a huge selection of handy features out of the box in addition to its simplicity:
- Simple Editing Tools – Wix was designed for newbies. It means that you can build and publish any type of website within a couple of hours without special skills thanks to WYSIWYG Website Editor. It lets you take control over each and every building process as well as add content and media files using a drag-and-drop feature.
- Mobile-Optimized Templates – A selection of mobile-friendly templates are available for users. A user should only pick a theme from a particular category and start editing.
- Wix ADI – Artificial Intelligence makes the process of website building easier than ever before. Wix ADI tool will choose a template and organize the content in accordance with your preferences and goals.
- Design – Wix makes it easy to integrate additional tools like visual effects. Moreover, you can experiment with the Wix Code in case you have at least basic coding skills to come up with a unique website design and stand out from competitors.
- Flexibility and Features – The platform has its own App Store with endless widgets and add-ons from eCommerce and SEO features like SEO Wizard that will offer the ultimate SEO pan for your particular website to powerful blogging and marketing tools.
Wix has a free plan that is good for testing the system. It will come in handy whenever you want to check all the available tools free. However, it is not enough for building a solid website. You should start with a Combo plant for $8.50 per month. The paid package comes with a free domain name already included in the price in addition to a hosting, SSL security, customer support, and more.
WordPress – is the most suitable solution if you wish to use CMS instead Webflow. This is the world-popular powerful Content Management System, which does not require any presentation due to its flexibility, advanced design customization tools and extensive integration options.
The service covers a broad spectrum of web design needs, providing rich feature set, impressive depth of website customization and abundance of plugins that make it possible to reveal its functionality to the advantage.
What Types of Websites Is WordPress Good for?
Apart from high quality and functional blogs, which is the major WordPress specialization, you can also launch company websites, landing pages, portfolios, web portals and even eCommerce websites with WordPress. Actually, whatever type of website you need, you will find an extension, a plugin or an add-one to come up to this objective.
The number of these extensions keeps increasing, while the system itself is updated on a regular basis to feature integration options, functionality, flexibility and freedom of design customization. All WordPress-based projects are SEO-optimized, which means that their chances to rank high in the search engines are quite high.
Why Is WordPress A Better Alternative to Webflow?
The system stands out from the crowd due to its amazing feature set and high end integration options. Let’s have a look at some of them now:
- Hosting Choice – The system doesn’t offer integrated hosting yet it allows selecting any hosting provider of your choice. It’s up to you to decide what platform you can entrust with your website. Likewise, it’s up to you to select the preferred domain name for your project to highlight your website and brand popularity. By the way, the process of picking a domain and installing a website on the hosting of your choice is quick and hassle-free.
- Plugin Integration – WordPress allows choosing between lots of quality plugins for extra website performance and promotion. When browsing the web, you may come across the plugins for SEO optimization, anti-spam protection, eCommerce use, sitemap creation, title transliteration and many more. The choice depends intuitively upon your website type and specialization.
- Integrated Code Editor – Experienced users can work with HTML, PHP and CSS codes, embedding them into their projects for maximum performance. This is the best way to deeply customize your website, integrate content blocks or widgets, replace the existing comments with external apps and what not.
- Templates – WordPress template collection is amazing and it currently encompasses thousands of themes available in the system and on the web. The designs are free and paid and it’s only up to you to make the right choice.
- Powerful Community – WordPress has one of the most amazing, extensive and supportive communities out there that will provide you will all kinds of assistance needed to start, manage and promote a quality project.
WordPress is a completely free system. This means that you can download and install it at no cost at all. Mind, however, that you won’t go without purchasing plugins, templates, domain name and hosting. The cost of these elements differs with regard to the hosting provider and plan you will go for (Bluehost is the best option here, the cheapest plan of which constitutes $3.95/mo only), the complexity of the designs you will pick (paid plans will cost you from $25 and up to $300), the domain name and other crucial parameters.
Shopify – is better than Webflow if you opt for an eCommerce website. The system is a reasonable choice for users, who wish to start their own online stores to sell digital or physical products.
With Shopify, you get access to a broad spectrum of features and tools needed to start, manage, update and promote a full-featured eCommerce website. The software lets you launch a feature-laden web store with hundreds of products listed in the niche collections and abundance of marketing and web promotion tools. The platform lets you adjust shipping, taxation and payment parameters, ensuring the utmost safety of all the steps of the shopping process.
What Types of Websites Is Shopify Good for?
The only type of website you can effectively launch and manage with Shopify is an online store. There is nothing bad about that. It’s all about the specific niche specialization of the platform, which was built with eСommerce web design orientation in mind.
When working with Shopify, you can set up a large-scale online store, if not even a hypermarket. This is the place, where you will be able to sell different types of products (both physical and digital), create and organize impressive product galleries with multiple parameters assigned to them, set up design customization criteria, promotion and marketing characteristics etc.
Why Is Shopify A Better Alternative to Webflow?
Shopify excels at functionality. The platform delivers a stunning set of features that covers a broad range of marketing, website promotion and shopping needs. Here is the feature list that makes Shopify prevail over its competitors:
- Powerful Integration and Synchronization Options – The system effectively synchronizes and integrates with third-party applications and extensions (these include Quickbooks, Xero, Amazon Marketplace, eBay and more).
- Product Display Settings – It’s up to you to create and add product galleries, adjust display options, assign characteristics to them, use the CSV file import/export feature, create show windows etc. Shopify also offers the Augmented Reality feature, which provides 3D images of products offered for sale, thus, depicting their special characteristics in details and contributing to enhanced user entertainment.
- eCommerce-Specific Features – The software makes it possible to set and manage eCommerce features. These include multichannel support (trading platforms, social network accounts), abandoned checkout recovery, SSL Certification, Anti-Fraud Protection for personal and payment info, Shopcode Introduction, multilingual support.
- Marketing Features – With Shopify, you can make use of multiple marketing tools that add to the effective sales process. These include POS software, opportunity to view and sort out customer profiles, visit and choose apps and add-ons from Shopify App Store, make use of Shopify Ping mobile app to be able to manage your web store from any location, option that lets you introduce discounts and special offers, dynamic checkout procedure as well as advanced retail features. The software also offers the brand new Shopify Tap & Chip Reader – the marketing feature that allows making “tap” payments via Google apps or Apple Pay.
Shopify has a free trial that extends for 14 days. As soon as the test period comes to its end, you can upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions – Lite, Basic Shopify, Shopify and Advanced Shopify. The cost of the plans starts with $9/mo to reach $299/mo. The eventual cost of the subscription depends upon the feature set, terms, tools and services included.
uKit – is the cheapest Webflow alternative. Developed as a simple DIY software, uKit uses latest technologies to create websites for small business. It offers a selection of good-looking responsive templates combined with instruments to create content from scratch and manage sites digital identity.
What Types of Websites Can Your Build with uKit?
Just like Wix, the main uKit mission s to help newbies build a solid website from scratch. No special coding or programming skills are needed. A user only needs to log in, choose a template, edit it, add content, and publish a ready-to-use website.
uKit was designed to help you build small web shops, websites for small business, one-page sites, business cards, landing pages, etc. You can add some high-quality photos to create a professional portfolio or launch a personal blog.
CRM integration and eCommerce functionality make the platform a good option for small eCommerce websites. Users can come up with small digital stores and benefit from sales tracking and product management tools.
What Makes uKit a Better Webflow Alternative?
Let’s have a look at all major features that make uKit a better choice for non-technicians:
- Mobile Responsive Templates – While uKit is a multipurpose website builder, it delivers a selection of different mobile-responsive templates including ready-to-use small digital stores, one-page templates, etc.
- Mobile Site Preview – A great feature to see how your website will look like on different types of mobile devices. Users can not only a preview but also edit some of the site sections and blocks, hide or display them whenever needed.
- Drag-and-Drop Function – Platform’s editor makes it easy to work with any type of content. You can organize the page structure as well as manage sections, texts or media files.
- eCommerce Functionality – uKit lets users build small digital stores and provides tools to manage products, implement “add to cart” function, edit product descriptions and images.
- Outsourcing Feature – The website builder lets you easily collaborate with third-party web developers and companies to work on the website using Developer Access feature.
You can try all available uKit functions free. The software features a 14-trial period. At the same time, its paid plans look like a bargain. The Premium plan costs $4 per month and is enough to create a professional on-page site or business card. If you crave for more features to build an eCommerce site, you can opt for advanced plan costing $12/month.
The Bottom Line
Webflow is certainly worth paying attention due to its multiple features, powerful editing and design tools, integrations and add-ons. Its live website examples serve the best proof of this statement. However, the platform is mainly focused on professional web designers and editors. Newbies will not manage to figure out how the system works due to its complexity. This is where all-in-one and specialized website building platforms might help.
TOP Webflow Alternatives:
Wix – is the best Webflow alternative. The website builder makes it possible to create stunning, visually-attractive and functional websites even to newbies. You won’t have to worry about coding skills or hosting choice, when using the service for your personal or business web design needs.
WordPress – is the best CMS substitute to Webflow. The system provides advanced integration options that affect the result of website development. Despite its complexity, it can still be explored and used by web experts and beginners – just invest some time to master the system.
Shopify – is the best eCommerce alternative to Webflow, which works great for users willing to start and manage quality web stores. The system comes with high quality templates, advanced customization tools and abundance of marketing, website development and promotion features.
uKit – is the cheapest Webflow substitute, which is mainly focused on the development of small and mid-sized business websites. This is an affordable solution for all user categories, which impresses everyone by its exceptional ease-of-use, reasonable pricing and convenience.
All the systems listed above as well as some other popular services like Adobe Muse, Squarespace or Webydo can be considered worthy Webflow alternatives. The final choice, however, should depend upon your web design skills and the result you hope to avail at the end of the web development process. If you have time and budget to invest into the web design process, take your time to test those of them that come up to your requirements most of all.