Starting the travel business is always a challenge, especially for those entrepreneurs, who have never done that before and don’t have a single idea of the steps and skills this process involves. Whether you already run a travel agency or just plan to launch the one, you won’t go without setting up a website to represent your business on the web.
A travel website is the top destination for your current and potential clients. This is also the best source of information about your company, services and updates you offer, pricing policy and other notable issues. A full-featured travel agency website can provide your clients with much industry-related information, which can not be found in other advertising materials or other offline sources of information.
It’s not a secret that travel agents are busy round-the-clock, helping their clients find the best tours at reasonable cost and handling other business-related issues. This obviously takes much effort and time, preventing business owners from getting involved into DIY website development. However, there is no sense to hire web masters to design the websites of travel agencies as this is quite an expensive solution. Even if you give it a try and hire someone to develop a website for you, you won’t be able to update and manage the project yourself without knowing the basics of the web design process.
The only reasonable solution in this case is to use website builders – simple, easy-to-use and affordable web design tools that will let you create a website with no coding or experience required. Both all-in-one and travel agency website builders provide an extensive selection of niche-focused features and services that will have positive impact upon your website performance and its further promotion.
Along with providing the explicit info about your company, achievements, services, tours and prices, your travel agency website will become the primary destination for users willing to find out your business updates, burning offers (this matters a lot for tourists), best deals, discounts, news, updates and other related facts they won’t be able to find out anywhere else.
We Tested Out 8 Of The Best Travel Agency Website Builders:
- Wix – The BEST Website Builder for Travel Agency
- WordPress – Best Platform for Travel Blogs
- uKit – Best Travel Agent Website Builder
- Ucraft – Online Platform To Create a Landing Page
- SITE123 – Website Builder for Tour Operators
- Bookmark – A.I.-powered Website Builder
- uCoz – Absolutely FREE Travel Community Builder
- Shopify – Best Ecommerce Platform for Travel Sites
For those, who are looking for the best travel agency website builder, we have reviewed each of the systems listed above. Their detailed comparison will help you discover the platform that works best for your travel agency website and comes up to your website development needs most. Let’s get started now.
Wix – The BEST Website Builder for Travel Agency
Wix – is the BEST all-in-one website builder for travel agencies, agents and tour operators. The platform encompasses ease-of-use, convenience, affordability, high end functionality and intuitive web design approach. The system is in demand with users from all over the world and not in vain. Wix comes with an exhaustive feature list needed to start and manage an impressive travel agency website without spending a fortune on it. It’s high time to enlist the major highlights of the platform right away:
- Travel Templates. When it comes to the collection of travel templates, the system offers decent customizable and mobile-ready themes needed to build websites for tour operators, travel agencies, food tours, tourist companies, hotels, travel blogs, safari rides, travel photographers, yachtsmen and special landing pages for travel companies.
- Travel Widgets. The system allows choosing between lots of free and paid widgets that will be a great addition to your travel agency website (Moovit Maps and Routes widget for providing excellent transit options to your exact location, Hotels and Airbnbs Map for providing the best places to stay near your event etc.)
- Customer Interaction Tools. Wix App Market offers an extensive collection of integrable widgets and extensions that make it possible to effectively get in touch with customers any time of the day (123 Form Builder, Callback, Book Appointments Online, Live Chat, Wix Forms, Google Event Calendar, Events Calendar, Wix Bookings, Scheduling Pro, Inffuse Testimonials, Latest News, Wix Chat, Contact Management +CRM, etc.).
- Customer Reviews. The system allows integrating widgets and extensions that make it possible for customers to post their reviews and share their comments for the enhanced marketing purposes (Customer Reviews, MyReviews, Comments, Yelp, Comments+, Testimonial Builder, Social Testimonials, Voice Comments+ etc.).
- Wix Bookings. The app makes it possible to make an appointment, sign up for a meeting, make a payment directly at the website to make your working schedule and your customers’ plans more organized.
- Forum. The website builder makes it possible to add a forum to your website to enable current and potential users get along with each other, discuss the topics they are interested in and share their traveling experience. It’s possible to add as many branches and topics that focus on traveling to provide the updated info users will be encouraged to find out.
- Blogging. Wix also lets you connect a full-featured blog to your website to keep travel agency clients informed about the planned events, updated and news you would like to share with them. There is also an opportunity to upload informative niche articles that provide travel-related information users will value to the advantage when planning their vacations or business trips.
Cost: As a feature-laden website builder, Wix unveils an opportunity to test its entire feature set by using a free plan. This option is enough to define the major strong and weak points of the platform before deciding on its further use. What you should know, though, is that Wix free plan does not work at all for the development of complex projects.
If you intend to launch a functional travel agency website, then you’ll need to upgrade to one of its paid plans. For this very purpose, Wix currently offers two groups of plans, namely Standard and Business/eCommerce. Each of them encompasses individual subscriptions that differ in terms and cost. Thus, the cost of Standard Wix subscriptions starts with $13/mo to reach $39/mo, while that of Business Plans constitutes $23/mo and higher.
WordPress – Best Platform for Travel Blogs
WordPress – is a trusted and full-featured platform (CMS) for travel and tourism blogs. The system will work great for the development of large feature-laden websites of travel agencies or popular tour operators. It stands out from the crowd due to its advanced integration options, high end design customization tools and code editing features. The latter aspect, however, requires understanding of the subject matter. The reasons to use the platform are as follows:
- Travel Templates. It is possible to browse free and paid travel templates the system offers as well as those themes, which are available online.
- Integrable Plugins for Travel Agencies. WordPress is known for its powerful plugin integration options (the most popular plugins you can use for your travel website include PanoPress, Orioly Book Now, Tour Master, WPML Plugin, Polylang, The Event Calendar, WooTour etc.).
- Customer Interaction Plugins. To ensure rewarding interaction with clients, you can also integrate a number of plugins, such as Easy Social Share Buttons, Client Portal Plugin, Request Callback Plugin, WP Notification Bar Pro, WP Customer Area etc.
Cost: WordPress is free to download for everyone. You can test the features of the system for as long as you need. Mind that to publish and promote a travel website, you’ll have to buy hosting and domain name for it. The eventual cost will depend upon the terms implied by the plan. For instance, an affordable Bluehost plan will cost you $2.95 per month. Additionally, you’ll face the need to invest into plugin and template integration.
uKit – Best Travel Agent Website Builder
uKit – is the easiest small business website builder to create a travel agency website. Abundance of advanced design customization features, themes, applications and other tools that are a must-have for any travel website have made the service one of the best niche representatives. Have a look at some of the most distinctive features of it now:
- Collection of Travel Templates. The system offers a generous collection of travel-focused responsive themes, which can be easily customized to meet the needs of newbies and web design pros (you can choose between travel agency, mountain hiking or European tour, sea camping, holiday tourism activity, eco-tour, cruise ride themes or select a blank template to design a website from scratch).
- Rich Widget Collection. uKit offers a pretty nice selection of widgets that come with niche-specific content and are a good addition to any travel website (Online Chat, Social Networking Buttons, Timeline, User Comments, Service Calculator, Timer etc.).
- CallBack Feature. By integrating the widget, you can give your clients a chance to leave their callback requests so that you could contact them at the most suitable time of the day.
- Live Chat. With a LiveChat feature offered by uKit, you will stay in touch with clients, who have any questions or need on time online support and assistance.
- Website Preview. The website builder allows previewing your website while it’s still under development. This lets you notice the available faults and bugs to quickly edit the project and get rid of them prior to website publication. The Preview feature also makes it possible to see how your ready made project looks on mobile and desktop devices.
- Free SSL Certificate. The website builder makes it possible to connect SSL Certificate feature to enhance the security of the resource and give your travel website the desired credibility level.
Cost: uKit has affordable pricing policy, even though, it doesn’t offer a free plan. Instead, the system provides a 14-day trial, during which you can test all the features you are interested in. The cheapest uKit plan costs $4/mo, while the most expensive plan costs $12/mo.
Ucraft – Online Platform to Create a Landing Page
Ucraft – is a cloud website builder, which offers simple way to launch a decent travel website. The website builder is also known for its designer tools collection, responsive templates, free landing page creator and logo customization tool. Here are the main advantages of the service:
- Responsive Niche Templates. Ucraft boasts a rich collection of ready-made responsive templates specially designed for travel industry representatives.
- Third-Party Integrations. If you feel that the amount of built-in elements is not enough for your travel agency website, you can select any third-party integrations that may cover a broad spectrum of promotion, marketing and analytic needs (Intercom, Disqus, LiveAgent, Facebook Messenger, Uservoice, Zendesk Chat, Jivosite etc.).
- Free Landing Page Creator. To drive user attention and boost customer engagement rate, you can build a landing page for your travel website at no cost at all.
- Free Logo Maker. The feature makes it possible to create a unique logo for your travel agency website to make it stand out from the crowd and boost its reputation.
- Multilanguage Support. If you aim at attracting clients from abroad or deal with international partners, multilanguage support provided by Ucraft will be a notable advantage.
Cost: Ucraft has a free plan that will work well for those users, who intend to save some budget and start a free landing page or any other type of website at no cost at all. However, you should realize that free websites lack functionality that prevents you from getting the most out of them. As to the paid options, their cost differs based on the plans and terms they imply. The most affordable Pro Website subscription will cost you $10/mo, while the most costly Unlimited Plan constitutes $69/mo. If you are not sure about the features each plan involves, the 14-day trial period offered by the website builder will help you adopt the right decision.
SITE123 – Website Builder for Tour Operators
Site123 – is a simple website builder for tour operators that allows creating quality websites with no skills or coding expertise required. The platform comes with informative and valuable guidelines on how to launch projects with it. There is a convenient drag-and-drop editor that simplifies the process of DIY website development for beginners and proficient web designers. Listed below are the most distinctive highlights of the website builder:
- Logo Maker. If your business doesn’t have a logo that represents it on the web, SITE123 allows creating the one with ease. There is no need to be a web design pro or a coding expert to create a business logo on your own here. Just make use of the integrated toolset and elements the Logo Maker offers to design the logo that fits your travel agency website most.
- Multilingual Support. SITE123 comes with multilingual support, which makes it possible to create several language versions of your travel agency website. This can help grow your website traffic and customer base in the long run.
- Customer Interaction Tools. The website builder grants access to multiple customer interaction tools that make it possible to boost customer engagement rate and encourage for active user interaction.
- Integrated Form Builder. The system lets you create and add different kinds of online forms to your travel agency website to provide users with freedom of actions. You can get access to lots of custom form layouts and elements to create forms that match your website specialization and can notably boost its performance.
- Blogging. The platform comes with a worthy blogging engine, which makes it possible to connect a full-featured blog to your travel website. This is where you will be able to post travel-focus articles to evoke customer interest, generate traffic and income in the long run.
- App Market. SITE123 also stands out from the crowd due to its integrated App Market that grants access to dozens of widgets and add-ons, such as Live Chat Support, Galleries, Forms, analytics Tools, Social , booking and many more. By using these and other widgets, you can get the most out of your travel agency website.
- Social Media Integration. The feature allows for boosting your website reputation in the social networks by sharing the news, industry updates, scheduled events, plans and other data related to your website.
Cost: SITE123 is one of the simplest and most affordable DIY website builders. It has a completely free plan for everyone who intends to start a website with the system and has the intention to test its feature set in advance. Likewise, the platform offers four paid plans, the cost f which ranges between $10.80 and $28.80 per month.
Bookmark – A.I.-Powered Website Builder
Bookmark – is an advanced AI-based website builder, suitable for travel website. You don’t have to be a coding expert to build stunning websites with Bookmark. Just use the AI tool to provide your content and watch the result! The major highlights of the website builder are as follows:
- AIDA Assistant. The Artificial Intelligence tool automatically copes with website creation, if you specify the type of a travel website your need and submit all the content you’d like to be displayed.
- Focus Feature. The system offers a set of ready-made blocks you can select, customize and integrate into your travel website, using the modules like links, texts, quotes, maps, contact forms, social network buttons, feedback and contact forms etc.
- Events Feature. The events section allows uploading the upcoming events to your travel website to keep them aware of what’s going on in your business.
- eCommerce Engine. Bookmark has a decent eCommerce engine, which lets you add a small-to-mid online store to your travel website, where you can sell tours, accessories and other items that are in demand with clients.
Cost: The website builder has a free plan and two paid subscriptions. The free plan is enough to test all the features of the system, while paid subscriptions add functionality to your project. To get a paid subscription, you’ll have to spend $11.99 and $24.99 per month correspondingly. There is also an opportunity to make monthly payments, but the cost of the plans will be somewhat higher in this case – $15 and $30 per month.
uCoz – Absolutely FREE Travel Community Builder
uCoz – is an absolutely free travel community builder, which allows non-techies and web design pros start quality travel-related projects from scratch. The platform comes with a set of functional modules, easy and intuitive DIY web editor, blogging and eCommerce engines and other high end features. Let’s enlist them right away:
- Blog Engine. The website builder comes with an advanced blog engine that makes it possible to connect a full-featured blog to your travel agency website. This is the place, where you will be able to post and update niche-related articles, initiate user discussions and just stay in touch with your current and potential clients.
- Forum Module. As a module-based system, uCoz allows choosing from multiple modules to boost your travel website performance. Forum module allows creating a community forum, where you’ll be able to communicate with clients, add and update forum branches, new topics and discussions.
- Membership Options. When managing your uCoz-based website, you will be able to assign membership rights to users you plan to cooperate with. It’s up to you to set website access parameters or restrict user access at all based on the web design goals you pursue.
Cost: The website builder is initially free and you can test its functionality at no cost at all to find out what you can expect from it. To get the most out of uCoz feature set, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the four paid subscriptions it comes with. Their cost starts with $3/mo for the cheapest Basic Plan and goes up to $8/mo for the most expensive Maximal Plan.
Shopify – Best eCommerce Platform for Travel Sites
Shopify – is the best eCommerce platform for travel websites, which comes with myriads of advanced eCommerce features and integrated tools. The system stands out from the crowd due to the abundance of marketing, web store development and promotion features that contribute to easy, safe and effective website creation process. Here is the list of Shopify features users should be aware of, when proceeding to the process of website development:
- POS Software. Shopify comes with Point of Sale feature that contributes to website functionality. The feature makes it possible to make sales both online and offline, thus increasing customer base and traffic flow.
- Synchronization Options. The eCommerce software allows for effective and quick synchronization of your account with popular marketplaces and external services. This lets you enhance website performance and draw the attention of users willing to cooperate with you.
- Augmented Reality (AR) Feature. Integration of the AR feature does not only boost the attention of your clients, but also increases your website popularity, grows traffic flow, generates new sales and helps reach the objectives you set with maximum efficacy and minimum time/effort investment. AR integration lets users discover the details of offers you make by making use of the 3D approach.
- Product Management. When launching a travel agency website, you may pursue the objective to upload items/offers you have in stock as well as display special offers. Shopify boasts high end product management options and tools that let you add quality product descriptions, create appealing show windows, make use of CSV import/export features etc.
- Multilingual Support. Shopify also offers multilingual support, which matters a lot when it comes to the development of multilingual travel agency websites. Being available in several languages, your website will help attract the attention of potential partners and clients.
Cost: Shopify boasts versatile and moderate pricing policy, offering several plans to choose from based on your travel website specifications, parameters as well as web design/business intentions. There is no absolutely free plan here yet users may choose from several subscriptions. The cheapest plan costs $9/mo, while the most expensive subscription costs $299/mo. Free 14-day trial will help you discover special features of the plan you are interested in to make the choice you won’t regret afterwards.
Launching a website is essential for any travel agency that aims at effective business development and client attraction. It’s not easy, however, to start and manage a website, especially for inexperienced users. This is where you won’t go without a handy web design tool like a website builder.
These systems encompass a variety of features to give your travel website attractive look and outstanding performance. Website builders usually provide a choice of pre-designed responsive templates, an assortment of design customization tools, easy-to-use dashboards and nice SEO optimization parameters. These are the major factors that contribute to decent result.
It goes without saying that choosing a website builder is a complex task, but it doesn’t have to be a huge problem, if you are ready to invest your time and effort. Systems reviewed in the post are the leaders in the contemporary web design niche and have to be considered first, when making the choice. Take your time to test each of them to find out their characteristics, pros and cons, specifications and implications before adopting the final decision.