Starting the travel business is always a challenge, especially for those entrepreneurs, who have never done that before and don’t have a single idea of the steps and skills this process involves. Whether you already run a travel agency or just plan to launch the one, you won’t go without setting up a website to represent your business on the web.
A travel website is the top destination for your current and potential clients. This is also the best source of information about your company, services and updates you offer, pricing policy and other notable issues. A full-featured travel agency website can provide your clients with much industry-related information, which can not be found in other advertising materials or other offline sources of information.
It’s not a secret that travel agents are busy round-the-clock, helping their clients find the best tours at reasonable cost and handling other business-related issues. This obviously takes much effort and time, preventing business owners from getting involved into DIY website development. However, there is no sense to hire web masters to design the websites of travel agencies as this is quite an expensive solution. Even if you give it a try and hire someone to develop a website for you, you won’t be able to update and manage the project yourself without knowing the basics of the web design process.
The only reasonable solution in this case is to use website builders – simple, easy-to-use and affordable web design tools that will let you create a website with no coding or experience required. Both all-in-one and travel agency website builders provide an extensive selection of niche-focused features and services that will have positive impact upon your website performance and its further promotion.
Along with providing the explicit info about your company, achievements, services, tours and prices, your travel agency website will become the primary destination for users willing to find out your business updates, burning offers (this matters a lot for tourists), best deals, discounts, news, updates and other related facts they won’t be able to find out anywhere else.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Travel Agency Website Builders:
- Wix – The BEST Website Builder for Travel Agency
- WordPress – Best Platform for Travel Blogs
- uKit – Best Travel Agent Website Builder
- Ucraft – Online Platform To Create a Landing Page
- SITE123 – Website Builder for Tour Operators
- uCoz – Absolutely FREE Travel Community Builder
- Shopify – Best Ecommerce Platform for Travel Sites
- IM Creator – Independent Travel Website Builder
- Squarespace – Website Builder for Tour Companies
- Weebly – Easy Website Maker for Tourism
For those, who are looking for the best travel agency website builder, we have reviewed each of the systems listed above. Their detailed comparison will help you discover the platform that works best for your travel agency website and comes up to your website development needs most. Let’s get started now.
Wix – The BEST Website Builder for Travel Agency
Wix – is the BEST website builder for travel agency projects, agents and tour operators. The all-in-one platform encompasses ease-of-use, convenience, affordability, high end functionality and intuitive web design approach. The system has rightfully gained worldwide popularity due to the exhaustive feature list required to launch and manage an impressive travel agency website without spending a fortune on it. It’s high time to enlist the major highlights of the platform right away:
- Free Travel Templates. When it comes to the collection of travel templates, the system offers over 40 customizable and mobile-ready themes to build websites for tour operators, travel agencies, food tours, tourist companies, hotels, travel blogs, safari rides, travel photographers, yachtsmen and special landing pages for travel companies.
- Travel Widgets. The platform allows choosing between lots of free and paid widgets that will be a great addition to your travel agency website (Moovit Maps and Routes widget for providing excellent transit options to your exact location, Hotels and Airbnbs Map for providing the best places to stay near your event etc.).
- Wix Bookings. The app makes it possible to make an appointment, sign up for a meeting, make a payment directly at the website to make your working schedule and your customers’ plans more organized.
- Customer Reviews. The system allows integrating widgets and extensions that make it possible for customers to post their reviews and share their comments for the enhanced marketing purposes (Customer Reviews, MyReviews, Comments, Yelp, Comments+, Testimonial Builder, Social Testimonials, Voice Comments+ etc.).
- Customer Interaction Tools. Wix App Market offers an extensive collection of integrable widgets and extensions that make it possible to effectively get in touch with customers any time of the day (123 Form Builder, Wix Forms, Google Event Calendar, Events Calendar, Wix Bookings, Scheduling Pro, Callback, Book Appointments Online, Live Chat, Inffuse Testimonials, Latest News, Wix Chat, Contact Management +CRM, etc.).
- Forum. The website builder makes it possible to add a forum to your website to enable current and potential users to get along with each other, discuss the topics they are interested in and share their traveling experience.
- Blogging. Wix also lets you connect a full-featured blog to your website to keep travel agency clients informed about the planned events, updated and news you would like to share with them.
As a feature-laden website builder, Wix unveils an opportunity to test its entire feature set by using a free plan. This option is enough to define the major strong and weak points of the platform before deciding on its further use. If you intend to launch a functional travel agency website, then you’ll need to upgrade to one of its paid plans. For this very purpose, Wix currently offers two groups of plans, namely Website and Business/eCommerce. Each of them encompasses individual subscriptions that differ in terms and cost. Thus, the cost of Website Wix subscriptions starts at $13/mo to reach $39/mo, while that of Business Plans constitutes $23/mo and higher.
WordPress – Best Platform for Travel Blogs
WordPress – is the best platform for travel blogs and the world known full-featured (CMS) with powerful integrated functionality. The system will work great for the development of large feature-laden websites of travel agencies or popular tour operators. It stands out from the crowd due to its advanced integration options, high end design customization tools and code editing features. The latter aspect, however, requires understanding of the subject matter. The reasons to use the platform are as follows:
- Travel Templates. It is possible to browse free and paid travel templates the system offers as well as those themes, which are available online.
- Integrable Plugins for Travel Agencies. WordPress is known for its powerful plugin integration options (the most popular plugins you can use for your travel website include PanoPress, Orioly Book Now, Tour Master, WPML Plugin, Polylang, The Event Calendar, WooTour etc.).
- Customer Interaction Plugins. To ensure rewarding interaction with clients, you can also integrate a number of plugins, such as Easy Social Share Buttons, Client Portal Plugin, Request Callback Plugin, WP Notification Bar Pro, WP Customer Area etc.
WordPress is free to download for everyone. You can test the features of the system for as long as you need. Mind that to publish and promote a travel website, you’ll have to buy hosting and domain name for it. The eventual cost will depend upon the terms implied by the plan. For instance, an affordable Bluehost plan will cost you $2.95 per month. Additionally, you’ll face the need to invest into plugin and template integration.
uKit – Best Travel Agent Website Builder
uKit – is the best travel agent website builder, which is mostly oriented towards non-techies yet still has much to offer to web design pros. The platform comes with advanced design customization features, themes, applications and other tools that are a must-have for any travel website have made the service one of the best niche representatives. Have a look at some of the most distinctive features of it now:
- Free Travel Templates. The system offers a generous collection of travel-focused responsive themes, which can be easily customized to meet the needs of newbies and web design pros (you can choose between travel agency, mountain hiking or European tour, sea camping, holiday tourism activity, eco-tour, cruise ride themes or select a blank template to design a website from scratch).
- Rich Widget Collection. uKit offers a pretty nice selection of widgets that come with niche-specific content and are a good addition to any travel website (Online Chat, Social Networking Buttons, Timeline, User Comments, Service Calculator, Timer etc.).
- Live Chat. With a LiveChat feature offered by uKit, you will stay in touch with clients, who have any questions or need on time online support and assistance.
- CallBack Feature. By integrating the widget, you can give your clients a chance to leave their callback requests so that you could contact them at the most suitable time of the day.
- Free SSL Certificate. The website builder makes it possible to connect the SSL Certificate feature to enhance the security of the resource and give your travel website the desired credibility level.
- AmoCRM Integration. A simple and convenient system of accounting potential deals and clients helps control orders and makes the process of their management more effective.
Cost: uKit has an affordable pricing policy, even though, it doesn’t offer a free plan. Instead, the system provides a 14-day trial, during which you can test all the features you are interested in. The cheapest uKit plan costs $4/mo, while the most expensive plan costs $12/mo.
Ucraft – Online Platform to Create a Landing Page
Ucraft – is a popular online platform to create a landing page for your travel agency clients. This is a cloud website builder, which offers a simple way to launch a worthy project. The system is also known for its designer tools collection, responsive templates, free landing page creator and logo customization tool. Here are the main advantages of the service:
- Responsive Niche Templates. Ucraft boasts a rich collection of ready-made responsive templates specially designed for travel industry representatives.
- Free Landing Page Creator. To drive user attention and boost customer engagement rate, you can build a landing page for your travel website at no cost at all.
- Free Logo Maker. The feature makes it possible to create a unique logo for your travel agency website to make it stand out from the crowd and boost its reputation.
- Third-Party Integrations. If you feel that the amount of built-in elements is not enough for your travel agency website, you can select any third-party integrations that may cover a broad spectrum of promotion, marketing and analytic needs (Intercom, Disqus, LiveAgent, Facebook Messenger, Uservoice, Zendesk Chat, Jivosite etc.).
- Multilanguage Support. If you aim at attracting clients from abroad or deal with international partners, multilanguage support provided by Ucraft will be a notable advantage.
Ucraft has a free plan that will work well for those users, who intend to save some budget and start a free landing page or any other type of website at no cost at all. However, you should realize that free websites lack functionality that prevents you from getting the most out of them. As to the paid options, their cost differs based on the plans and terms they imply. The most affordable Pro Website subscription will cost you $10/mo, while the most costly Unlimited Plan constitutes $69/mo. If you are not sure about the features each plan involves, the 14-day trial period offered by the website builder will help you adopt the right decision.
SITE123 – Website Builder for Tour Operators
SITE123 – is a website builder for tour operators that allows creating quality websites with no skills or coding expertise required. The platform comes with informative and valuable guidelines on how to launch projects with it. There is a convenient drag-and-drop editor that simplifies the process of DIY website development for beginners and proficient web designers. Listed below are the most distinctive highlights of the website builder:
- Logo Maker. If your business doesn’t have a logo that represents it on the web, SITE123 allows creating the one with ease – just make use of the integrated toolset and elements the Logo Maker offers to design the logo that fits your travel agency website most.
- Multilingual Support. SITE123 comes with multilingual support, which makes it possible to create several language versions of your travel agency website.
- Customer Interaction Tools. The website builder grants access to multiple customer interaction tools that make it possible to boost customer engagement rate and encourage for active user interaction.
- Integrated Form Builder. The system lets you create and add different kinds of online forms to your travel agency website to provide users with freedom of actions.
- Blogging. The platform comes with a worthy blogging engine, which makes it possible to connect a full-featured blog to your travel website to post travel-focus articles to evoke customer interest, generate traffic and income in the long run.
- App Market. SITE123 also stands out from the crowd due to its integrated App Market that grants access to dozens of widgets and add-ons, such as Live Chat Support, Galleries, Forms, analytics Tools, Social, booking and many more.
- Social Media Integration. The feature allows for boosting your website reputation in the social networks by sharing the news, industry updates, scheduled events, plans and other data related to your website.
SITE123 is one of the simplest and most affordable DIY website builders. It has a completely free plan for everyone who intends to start a website with the system and has the intention to test its feature set in advance. Likewise, the platform offers four paid plans, the cost of which ranges between $10.80 and $28.80 per month.
uCoz – Absolutely FREE Travel Community Builder
uCoz – is an absolutely free travel community builder, which allows non-techies and web design pros start quality travel-related projects from scratch. The platform comes with a set of functional modules, easy and intuitive DIY web editor, blogging and eCommerce engines and other high end features. Let’s enlist them right away:
- Blog Engine. The website builder comes with an advanced blog engine that makes it possible to connect a full-featured blog to your travel agency website. This is the place, where you will be able to post and update niche-related articles, initiate user discussions and just stay in touch with your current and potential clients.
- Forum Module. As a module-based system, uCoz allows choosing from multiple modules to boost your travel website performance. Forum module allows creating a community forum, where you’ll be able to communicate with clients, add and update forum branches, new topics and discussions.
- Membership Options. When managing your uCoz-based website, you will be able to assign membership rights to users you plan to cooperate with. It’s up to you to set website access parameters or restrict user access at all based on the web design goals you pursue.
uCoz is initially free and you can test its functionality at no cost at all to find out what you can expect from it. To get the most out of the website builder and its feature set, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the four paid subscriptions it comes with. Their cost starts with $3/mo for the cheapest Basic Plan and goes up to $8/mo for the most expensive Maximal Plan.
Shopify – Best eCommerce Platform for Travel Sites
Shopify – is the best eCommerce platform for travel websites, which comes with myriads of advanced eCommerce features and integrated tools. The system stands out from the crowd due to the abundance of marketing, web store development and promotion features that contribute to easy, safe and effective website creation process. Here is the list of Shopify features users should be aware of, when proceeding to the process of website development:
- POS Software. Shopify comes with a Point of Sale feature that contributes to website functionality. The feature makes it possible to make sales both online and offline, thus increasing customer base and traffic flow.
- Synchronization Options. The eCommerce software allows for effective and quick synchronization of your account with popular marketplaces and external services. This lets you enhance website performance and draw the attention of users willing to cooperate with you.
- Augmented Reality (AR) Feature. Integration of the AR feature does not only boost the attention of your clients, but also increases your website popularity, grows traffic flow, generates new sales and helps reach the objectives you set with maximum efficacy and minimum time/effort investment. AR integration lets users discover the details of offers you make by making use of the 3D approach.
- Product Management. When launching a travel agency website, you may pursue the objective to upload items/offers you have in stock as well as display special offers. Shopify boasts high end product management options and tools that let you add quality product descriptions, create appealing show windows, make use of CSV import/export features etc.
- Multilingual Support. Shopify also offers multilingual support, which matters a lot when it comes to the development of multilingual travel agency websites. Being available in several languages, your website will help attract the attention of potential partners and clients.
Shopify boasts versatile and moderate pricing policy, offering several plans to choose from based on your travel website specifications, parameters as well as web design/business intentions. There is no absolutely free plan here yet users may choose from several subscriptions. The cheapest plan costs $9/mo, while the most expensive subscription costs $299/mo. Free 14-day trial will help you discover special features of the plan you are interested in to make the choice you won’t regret afterwards.
IM Creator – Independent Travel Website Builder
IM Creator – is a free independent travel website builder, which has distinguished itself due to its powerful integrated functionality, responsive templates, reasonable pricing and diversity of design customization options. The system works best for creatives, artists and entrepreneurs and this is also a worthy pick for travel agency projects. It takes some time to master the system, although, no coding skills are required to work with it. Listed below are the main highlights of the platform:
- Free Responsive Designs. The website builder doesn’t have a special category of travel templates, but it has over 30 themes that can be chosen and customized for this type of project.
- Multilingual Support. The system allows starting web projects in different languages, which matters a lot for travel websites that frequently target international clients and partners.
- Blogging and eCommerce. The platform makes it possible to connect blogs and web stores to your projects depending upon the required functionality and objectives you wish to avail.
- Powerful Integrations. With IM Creator, you can pick and integrate extensions and add-ons to boost your travel website functionality (SoundCloud, Facebook comments, Google event schedule list, PDF viewer, OpenTable reservation form are the best samples to use).
- Social Media Options. The service comes with extensive social media integration options to let you promote your travel website in popular social networks.
IM Creator is one of the most reasonably-priced website builders. What’s impressive, the system is absolutely free for non-commercial projects. Creation of a travel website won’t cost you a fortune here as well. The platform has several plans to choose from, the cost of which starts at $8/mo.
Squarespace – Website Builder for Tour Companies
Squarespace – is a trusted website builder for tour companies that stands out from the crowd due to its professional web design approach, versatility of free themes and tools for their customization as well as high end integration options. The system ranks high in the list of modern web design platforms, targeting all user categories. No programming knowledge is required to work with it – everything is intuitive and understandable by default. It’s high time to enlist the most spectacular features of the software now:
- Professional Designs. The website builder has only three travel templates to choose from, but there are many more customizable themes available in its collection that will also work great for travel projects.
- Blogging/eCommerce. If you need a quality feature-rich website, connection of a blog and a web store will be a good idea – that’s what Squarespace offers as well.
- Multilingual Support. With Squarespace, you can create several language versions of your travel website to make it easier to browse for local and foreign users.
- Advanced Integrations. The system provides a rich choice of high end modern integrations (Unfold App for the enhanced storytelling experience, Google Maps for convenient local listing publication, Acuity Scheduling Platform, online calendar etc.) to enhance the performance of your travel website.
- Photo Editing Tools. The website builder abounds in photo editing tools (Image Editor, Logo Maker, Cover Page Builder, Page Editor etc.), which allow adding and customizing image parameters with regard to your project requirements.
When it comes to the pricing policy, Squarespace doesn’t have a free plan to let its potential subscribers test the system. To get access to all the features available in stock, you’ll have to decide on the most suitable subscription. There are four plans to pick from here based on your project requirements and parameters. The most cost-effective option is $12/mo.
Weebly – Easy Website Maker for Tourism
Weebly – is an easy website maker for tourism, which allows starting and managing travel projects that let their owners sell services/products online. The system was first introduced to the market as a blogging platform. However, it has got eCommerce specialization, having been purchased by Square in 2018. Since that time, it has distinguished itself as a platform suitable for the development of quality eCommerce projects. The main advantages of using Weebly are mentioned below:
- eCommerce Focus. If you need a website not only to promote your travel agency, but also to make deals online, then Weebly will provide you with multiple eCommerce tools/features (templates, product/order management, website promotion, integrated shopping cart, marketing tools etc.).
- Blogging. Adding a blog section to your travel website will keep your customers interested in your business – Weebly allows doing that with its integrated blogging platform.
- Weebly App Center. The softwarer makes it possible to explore its rich App Center to choose widgets/add-ons (LiveChat, PinPoll, Call-Out-Box etc.) available in stock.
- Video Hosting Solutions. Video integration will make your travel website more attention-grabbing and interactive – with Weebly you can pick one of two video hosting options to add your media files to the system.
- Weebly Promote Tool. The website builder allows for effective management of email marketing campaigns, providing powerful integrated tools to let you handle the process with ease.
Weebly is not only a powerful website builder, but it is also quite an affordable web design solution for travel website creation. The system has a free plan for everyone, who intends to test the system or to improve web design skills. As soon as you are ready to go live with your project, you’ll have an opportunity to upgrade to a premium subscription. The most affordable of them currently costs $6/mo.
How to Choose the Best Website Builder for Travel Agency Website
If you own a travel agency and wish to enhance its brand popularity, you won’t go without starting a website. This is the only surefire way not only to build an extensive customer base and grow your sales, but also to withstand niche competition, which is quite tough nowadays. To go live with your project, you’ll have to pick a feature-rich website builder. Here are the main aspects to keep in mind, when making your choice.
- Website Goals
Do you need a website just to present your business to the target audience and to generate traffic? Then a simple website builder will work well for this purpose. However, if your web design endeavours go far beyond general website application and you have an idea to sell travel tours via the website, for example, then you should go for a more complicated platform with eCommerce focus.
- Project Complexity
Modern web design market offers two types of website builders – all-in-one and specialized platforms. While all-in-one systems deliver baseline features and can be used by all user categories, specialized website builders require more web design proficiency and distinctive travel focus. It’s up to you to decide, which system complies with your current needs, skills and objectives.
- Must-Have Features
When it comes to picking the best travel website builder, you need to make sure it comes with must-have features. These include the About Us page, Contacts section, Customer Testimonials, Media Galleries, Deals and what not. The more interactive and versatile the project is, the more chances you have to reach your goals and build a quality customer base.
Website builders differ both in functionality and cost with the latter factor frequently being decisive in the selection of a suitable platform. Simple systems are mostly cost-efficient as they are designed with diverse user categories in mind. Professional and feature-rich website builders obviously require more budget investment, offering more advanced tools and design customization options.
Listed above are the main aspects to keep in mind when choosing a suitable platform for your travel agency website. There are also lots of other nuances to consider, but these ones require special attention. Review them attentively to adopt the right decision.
Launching a website is essential for any travel agency that aims at effective business development and client attraction. It’s not easy, however, to start and manage a website, especially for inexperienced users. This is where you won’t go without a handy web design tool like a website builder.
These systems encompass a variety of features to give your travel website attractive look and outstanding performance. Website builders usually provide a choice of pre-designed responsive templates, an assortment of design customization tools, easy-to-use dashboards and nice SEO optimization parameters. These are the major factors that contribute to decent result.
It goes without saying that choosing a website builder is a complex task, but it doesn’t have to be a huge problem, if you are ready to invest your time and effort. Systems reviewed in the post are the leaders in the contemporary web design niche and have to be considered first, when making the choice. Take your time to test each of them to find out their characteristics, pros and cons, specifications and implications before adopting the final decision.