The decision to start a website is responsible and challenging at a time. A website is that very tool you can effectively use for an extensive range of purposes, from personal portfolios and up to full-featured business projects and online stores.
However, the less you know about the web design process itself – the more problems you may unexpectedly face even on the initial stage of website development. You will definitely have lots of questions regarding domain name and hosting choice, integration of social media accounts and applications, design customization etc. This is what makes website design a real endeavour of newbies.
Before you plunge into the process of website creation, you should initially consider the choice of the web building tool. This is where you will encounter multiple questions. It goes without saying that there are lots of popular CMS, which, however, are oversaturated with settings.You can actually create any type of project with these systems, but… only if you are trained and skilled enough to master all the nuances.
But what if you are just on your way to web design proficiency? What if this is your first website creation experience? In this case, using CMS won’t bring any result at all. This is when website builders will become those tools that will let you create a quality website in the shortest time possible and without any special skills and expertise.
Website Builders – Easiest Way to Build a Website
Website builders have gained worldwide popularity. This is because their functionality and convenience make it possible to avail great result, even if you are a first-timer. These web-based systems work out-of-the-box and come with integrated hosting, ready-made themes and tool needed to give the project high end design.
Website builders ensure simpler and hassle-free approach towards website creation, which is understandable to everyone. Listed below are the major advantages of website builders that make them stand out from the crowd:
- Ease-of-Use and Intuitive Nature. Most website builders eliminate the need to learn coding basics, create MySQL databases, work with FTP servers etc. You just sign up for the platform of your choice and follow the guidelines the system generates to get started with ease. The web design process itself is simple, fast and intuitive.
- Built-In Hosting and Domain Name. Website builders don’t require hosting and domain choice or set up. These systems mostly come with built-in hosting and they frequently offer free domain name connection as a bonus or as a part of plans they offer.
- WYSIWYG Editors. Website builders often come with intuitive WYSIWYG editors that make it possible to track the web design process in action. All the edits you make in the dashboard are immediately displayed on a screen to make sure you’ve done everything right and to be able to fix the potential errors on time.
- Artificial Intelligence. Many contemporary website builders are powered by the Artificial Intelligence technology. The systems automatically create websites for users based on the information they submit, while answering the questions the platforms generate.
- Responsive Templates. When using website builders, you don’t have to create your own website layouts and design. Most systems already come with ready-made themes filled with demo content. What you have to do is to pick the template that fits your niche and requirements, customize the design and replace the available content with that of your own. By the way, these templates are often responsive, which means that websites created on their basis will automatically adapt to mobile and desktop screens, irrespective of their sizes, dimensions and resolutions.
- Affordability. Each website builder has its pricing policy and offers several plans that comprise versatile terms. Some systems additionally offer free plans or trials a user may need to test the system and adopt the decision regarding its further application.
- SEO. Most website builders are SEO-friendly. They allow setting up the major SEO parameters to ensure high website ranking in the search engines. It’s also possible to connect analytic tools and metrics that let you track your website performance and the major factors that may require improvement.
How Easy Is It to Create a Website?
Starting a website shouldn’t be difficult both for newbies and web design pros. Much, however, depend upon the platform you will go for, your web design skills and expertise rate (if any) as well as the amount of time/effort/money you are ready to invest into the project. Whatever goals you pursue and what every type of website you plan to launch, here is the standard to-do list that will help you get started with a website builder of your choice.
- Choose the Platform. The very first step you should do is the choice of the web building platform to start a website. With so many all-in-one and specialized website builders available in the market, it may be somewhat difficult to pick the service that completely comes up to your web design requirements and skills. Just take your time to analyze the most popular and full-featured systems to make the right choice that will match your needs.
- Pick Domain Name and Hosting. Website builders mostly come with integrated hosting and domain name, which eliminates the need to look for these systems elsewhere.
- Select a Template. As soon as you are done with the choice of the website builder and registration process, it is high time to proceed to the choice of template. Many services initially divide the themes into categories based on certain parameters like topics they belong to, layouts, ease of customization and many more. Most website builders come with the preview option that allows seeing the design in details in mobile (tablet and smartphone) and desktop versions to make the right choice.
- Customize the Selected Theme. Having chosen the design that comes up to your needs and expectations most of all, you are welcome to proceed to its customization. Reach the dashboard to browse the toolset you can use to give your website the required appeal and functionality. You’ll be able to integrate media files, odgets, add ons, upload content, select and set up backgrounds, colour schemes, font styles and sizes etc.
- Set Up SEO Parameters. Website creation is only the first part of the website creation process. As soon as you realize that your project is ready for publication, don’t hurry to go live until you set up the major search engine optimization parameters. Each website builder offers its own SEO strategy and website optimization efficacy. So, reach the required SEO section and go ahead to fill out all the required fields (titles, descriptions, tags keywords etc.).
- Publish the Website. The final step of the website development process is its publication. If you are absolutely sure that you’ve made the required design and SEO settings, just publish the project and manage it with regard to your needs.
As you see, the process of website creation is not complicated at all, but much depends upon the right choice of the website builder. The list of must-have steps is pretty understandable and easy to master for everyone. There is nothing to be afraid of, if you feel that you have long-lasting objectives.
There is nothing unusual about your decision to start a personal or a business website, if you have serious aspirations and clear understanding of what goals you wish to achieve with its help. Despite the widespread assumption that web design is a time-taking and complicated process, that’s now so, if you choose the right web design tool that completely comes up to your skills and needs. Thus, inexperienced users won’t find a better solution than website builders.
These systems are specially created for non-proficient users and this is their major advantage. They are convenient, intuitive and feature-laden. They also come with ready-made templates and advanced tools to customize the design with regard to your requirements and expectations. Most website builders are user- and SEO-friendly, which is another merit that appeal to first-timers.
The very process of starting a project with website builders is hassle-free and simple. What you need is to keep in mind several must-have steps that will eventually bring the desired result, which will come in due time. Hopefully, this information will help you understand that using website builders is really the simplest and the most handy way to launch a website for everyone.