The decision to start a website is responsible and challenging at a time. A website is that very tool you can effectively use for an extensive range of purposes, from personal portfolios and up to full-featured business projects and online stores.
However, the less you know about the web design process itself – the more problems you may unexpectedly face even on the initial stage of website development. You will definitely have lots of questions regarding domain name and hosting choice, integration of social media accounts and applications, design customization etc. This is what makes website design a real endeavour of newbies.
Before you plunge into the process of website creation, you should initially consider the choice of the web building tool. This is where you will encounter multiple questions. It goes without saying that there are lots of popular CMS, which, however, are oversaturated with settings.You can actually create any type of project with these systems, but… only if you are trained and skilled enough to master all the nuances.
But what if you are just on your way to web design proficiency? What if this is your first website creation experience? In this case, using CMS won’t bring any result at all. This is when website builders will become those tools that will let you create a quality website in the shortest time possible and without any special skills and expertise.
Website Builders – The Easiest Way to Build a Website
Website builders have gained worldwide popularity. This is because their functionality and convenience make it possible to avail great result, even if you are a first-timer. These web-based systems work out-of-the-box and come with integrated hosting, ready-made themes and tool needed to give the project high end design.
The Easiest Website Builders to Create a Website:
- Wix – The Easiest FREE Website Builder
- uKit – Cheap Website Builder for Small Business
- WordPress – Best Open Source CMS for Any Website
- Shopify – Easiest Platform to Create an Online Store
- Bookmark AIDA – Easy AI-powered Website Builder
- Ucraft – Easy Website Builder (Ecommerce ready)
- SITE123 – One of The Most Popular Saas Site Builders
- IM Creator – Free Website Builder for Nonprofits
- Mobirise – Offline Website Builder Software
Such an extensive selection of professional web design tools may somewhat complicate the choice of the best web building tool. Each of these systems has much to offer to users and each of them works great for the completion of certain web design tasks.
The best way to make the right choice is to analyze and compare the basic feature set, convenience, simplicity, affordability and design customization options these website builders offer. Let’s get started then!
Wix – The Easiest to Use Website Builder
Wix – is the easiest website builder, which has gained worldwide popularity due to the advanced feature set combined with creative freedom, affordability, flexibility and high end design customization options. The platform is extensively used to start all types of web projects, which differ in their complexity, niche focus and performance. Absence of coding knowledge is what makes the service a great pick for newbies and web design experts.
Wix functionality allows using the system for the completion of any web design task. Whether you need a portfolio, a business website, a blog or even a web store, the website builder lets you start the project in almost no time. Here is the list of Wix highlights:
- Artificial Design Intelligence tool for beginners and web design pros;
- Easy blogging and eCommerce platforms;
- Hundreds of free mobile-ready 100% customizable templates;
- Wix Ascend – a convenient CRM system.
Pros and Cons
One of the major Wix highlights is versatility of design editing options. Users may choose between a simple Wix ADI tool and Standard Editor. The first option works best for beginners, while the second option is a better pick for experienced web designers. Wix also offers an intuitive web design approach and hundreds of free designs to get started with ease.
Wix doesn’t have notable demerits. However, if you are a beginner, you may find the platform’s interface somewhat overloaded, but it’s quite easy to get used to this feature. Another aspect is the extensive selection of widgets available in the App Market. Most of them feature high quality, but there are also those that are not quite useful or require improvement. These demerits, however, are not that crucial and cannot spoil the general impression the website builder creates.
The system offers a completely free never-expiring subscription that lets you test its basic functionality provided by default. To be able to start and publish a full-featured project, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid plans.
Standard Wix Plans
- Combo ($13/mo) – for personal use, ad free, free domain connection, free hosting;
- Unlimited ($17/mo) – for freelancers and entrepreneurs, unlimited bandwidth, 10GB storage space;
- Pro ($22/mo) – for complete online branding, built-in Google Analytics, 2 hours of video storage space;
- VIP ($39/mo) – for VIP project, first priority support, professional logo etc.
- Business Basic ($23/mo) – acception of online payments;
- Business Unlimited ($27/mo) – business development tools, business apps for entrepreneurs, eCommerce;
- Business VIP ($49/mo) – complete Wix Suite, unlimited bandwidth and video storage space;
- Enterprise ($500/mo) – end-to-end business solution that provides the highest functionality and maximum amount of tools.
Wix also provides the 14-day money back guarantee as well as regular discounts/special offers for boosting customer loyalty rate.
uKit – Cheap Website Builder for Small Business
uKit – is the number two by ease of use and one of the most affordable website builders for small business websites. The system is flexible, intuitive and easy-to-use for all user categories, irrespective of their web design skills. Apart from business projects, it is extensively used for the development of portfolios, blogs and small eCommerce websites. No coding skills are required to start websites with uKit – the system provides intuitive step-by-step guidelines on how to design projects with it.
uKit is a drag-and-drop website builder that lets you start feature-laden projects without any coding awareness or preliminary preparation. There is a handy preview option, which allows controlling the result and making the edits even on the go. The rest of uKit merits are as follows:
- Multiple responsive customizable designs, which are also niche-specific and switchable;
- Widget integration option that contributes to website performance;
- Free SSL Certificate connection for the enhanced project safety/user data confidentiality;
- Temporary website management access rights;
- CRM integration.
Pros and Cons
uKit is, probably, the simplest website builder in the contemporary web design market. The system comes with a convenient WYSIWYG editor that lets you control the web design process. There are hundreds of responsive designs here and you can also make use of deep widget integration options to make your projects more functional.
uKit also comes with eCommerce engine and Ecwid plugin integration possibility – pick any of these options to start a full-featured web store with the system. The service also unveils the opportunity to assign website management rights to third-party web-developers.
The website builder doesn’t have serious demerits. The only thing is that the system doesn’t offer a free plan yet has the 14-day trial to test the features of its paid subscriptions. To be able to create full-featured projects with the unlimited number of pages, enhanced disk storage space, multilingual support and other privileges, you won’t go without upgrading to the premium plan. Another disadvantage of the system is absence of HTML editing options, which sometimes results in limited website customization possibilities. These nuances, however, are not quite serious and do not affect the overall system’s performance.
uKit offers the most reasonable rates for small business website development. The website builder allows testing its functionality during a free 14-day trial, but to start building quality projects with the system, you need to opt for one of its paid subscriptions. Here they go.
- Minimal ($4/mo) – custom domain name connection, 24/7 support, unlimited page number, SMS notifications, backup, over 200 professional templates, unlimited disk storage space;
- Basic ($8/mo) – Google Analytics, live chat support, no copyright sign, powerful statistics tracking tools, premium designs;
- eCommerce ($9.60/mo) – integrated eCommerce tools, shopping cart settings, payment/shipping options, acceptance of online payments, currency choice;
- Pro ($12/mo) – custom code integration, eCommerce functionality, custom color scheme application etc.
uKit offers a quality discount system for those users, who pay for 3, 6, 12 or 24 months with one payment. The longer the duration of the subscription term is – the bigger the discount proves to be.
WordPress – Best Open Source CMS for Any Website
WordPress – is the most well-known and the most feature-laden CMS for the development of simple and complex websites. The Content Management System was initially created with blogging purposes in mind yet it recently evolved into the multifaceted platform to design all types of projects. As opposed to other popular CMS, WordPress is quite easy-to-use, even though, some degree of coding awareness might be required to start and manage websites with it.
WordPress is a multi-functional CMS, which delivers a broad spectrum of advanced design customization options and powerful integration capabilities. It may take some time to explore and master the platform, but the very procedure of website development still remains quite understandable for everyone. The main WordPress features are provided below:
- Smooth CMS installation and comparative ease of use for most web developers – both newbies and web design professionals;
- Availability of hundreds of high quality designs (both free and paid) related to any industries;
- Powerful WordPress plugins that tackle various niches, integration of which contributes to the advanced website performance;
- Absolute website design customization that allows creating logical structure and editing the project with regard to special requirements.
Pros and Cons
WordPress is a full-featured CMS, the major highlight of which is advanced integration options. There are hundreds of widgets, apps, extensions and plugins available on the web, which are related to different industries, website types and project development goals.
Speaking about the demerits of the system, WordPress may be somewhat complicated for first-timers, who don’t have web design background or at least basic programming knowledge. The system is not difficult to master, but it may take some time to explore its entire feature set. To create flexible and feature-laden projects, the knowledge of coding may still be a must. Web design proficiency is also required, when it comes to plugin integration.
WordPress is a free CMS users may download and install without any fees at all. Likewise, it is possible to create simple projects with the platform without any extra financial investments. If you still expect deeper website functionality and flexibility, you won’t go without plugin/template integration, which, correspondingly, implies money expenditures. To publish a ready-made project, you will additionally require a domain name and hosting, which are also paid.
- Basic ($2.95/mo) – one website hosting, unlimited traffic, free SSL connection, 50GB storage space, unlimited bandwidth, free WordPress updates;
- Plus ($5.945/mo) – unlimited number of hosted websites, unmetered storage space and bandwidth, unlimited email accounts and domains, $200 for advanced marketing options;
- Choice ($5.45/mo) – anti-spam protection, website backup, domain privacy etc.
Bluehost additionally offers its subscribers an extra bonus – all registered users get one year of free domain name. Upon the end of this term, the cost of the domain will constitute $12-14 per year.
Shopify – Easiest Platform to Create an Online Store
Shopify – is the world-known eCommerce platform, which has distinguished itself as the most advanced, contemporary, feature-laden and professional system for the development of online stores. The platform comes with a feature set and options that make it possible to start and manage different types of eCommerce websites, ranging from small projects and up to huge hypermarkets with hundreds of products offered for sale.
With Shopify, you can launch, manage and regularly update online stores, which differ in their integrated functionality, design customization tools and management options. The website builder is the best pick for those, who have an intention to start professional feature-laden projects. Have a look at the list of Shopify highlights now:
- Point of Sale (POS) software that lets you sell the products both online and offline;
- Advanced synchronization and integration options;
- Product, marketing and web store management tools;
- Augmented Reality feature;
- Multilingual support.
Pros and Cons
Shopify excels at eCommerce features and tools that allow for the development of all types of online stores. The system comes with a convenient and understandable storefront editor, allows creating and modifying product collections, setting up web store parameters, synchronizing with third-party marketplaces like Amazon and accounting software. All eCommerce projects launched with Shopify are securely protected by the SSL Certificate, advanced anti-fraud tools and other tools. The software also offers multilingual support.
As to Shopify cons, the platform is somewhat overloaded with eCommerce-specific features, which makes it well-suited for large online hypermarkets only. If you need a smaller web store, it makes sense to pick a worthy alternative to the system. What’s more, Shopify plans are not quite cheap and the system also charges extra fees for credit card transactions.
Shopify pricing policy is quite expensive, especially if compared with other website builders. You won’t find a free plan here, but there is a 14-day trial, which is enough to test the system’s functionality. If you decide to keep working with the system, you may pick one of the paid subscriptions based on your web store size, specialization, niche, complexity and business requirements. Here they go:
- Basic Shopify ($29/mo) – blog connection, free SSL Certificate, abandoned cart recovery, sales channels, manual order creation, 2 staff accounts, fraud analysis, Shopify POS app;
- Shopify ($79/mo) – gift cards, professional reports, 5 staff accounts, 1-5 store locations;
- Advanced Shopify ($299/mo) – advanced report builder, realt-ime carrier shipping, 15 staff accounts, up to 8 store locations.
Shopify doesn’t charge fees for the transactions made with the system, but there are still fees for the credit card transactions.
Bookmark AIDA – Easy AI-Powered Website Builder
Bookmark – is a cloud website builder, which is powered by the Artificial Intelligence and, thus, uses advanced and contemporary web development approach. The service works great for the creation of different types of projects, starting from simple business websites and landing pages up to online stores.
Bookmark stands out from the crowd due to its extensive feature set and abundance of design customization options. You can use the system to develop quality projects that differ in functionality, complexity and niche focus. The set of Bookmark highlights currently includes:
- Integrated Artificial Intelligence tool;
- Blogging and eCommerce platform;
- Event creation and management options;
- Advanced email marketing feature;
- Video background and social media integration;
- Module-based structure.
Pros and Cons
The major and the most distinctive highlights of the website builder is its Artificial Design Intelligence (AIDA) assistant. This is the automated tool, which literally creates a website for you, using the submitted content. There is no need to possess coding skills to start a quality website with AIDA as it completes all the steps for you. The website builder uses a set of ready-made content modules to create the layout of your project, which also simplifies the website design process (see our collection of Bookmark website examples).
Bookmark demerits are not that crucial and they do not have serious impact upon the result. It’s not quite convenient to create your own content blocks for your project, if you don’t manage to find ready-made modules for some reason. This, however, is not required too often as the choice of pre-designed elements is pretty extensive, while AIDA reduces the need for their application.
Bookmark is a freemium website builder. There is a free plan that allows testing the integrated functionality of the system yet comes with a set of serious restrictions. To get rid of them and to access the full feature set needed to start professional projects with the website builder, it is required to upgrade to the paid plan. As of today, Bookmark offers the following subscriptions:
- Professional ($11.99/mo) – unlimited bandwidth, storage space, page number, free domain connection per 1 year, ad removal, premium support, advanced SEO options, password protection, customizable footers;
- Business ($24.99/mo) – eCommerce tools, 1000 products cards, SSL Certificate connection, Android and iOS web store management, Ebay trading, PayPal payments etc.
Bookmark pricing policy is moderate yet its plans are worth the investment. Each of them provides a set of features required to start a certain project type, be it a business website, a portfolio or a web store.
Ucraft – Easy Website Builder (eCommerce Ready)
Ucraft is an easy drag-and-drop website builder, which has distinguished itself in the web design niche as a quality platform to start, manage and promote different types of projects. Due to its simplicity, Ucraft works great for beginners and web design experts, who can get access to the broad set of design customization tools and options.
Ucraft comes with an extensive array of features and tools users can choose from, while working on their projects. Among the advantages of the system, it makes sense to point out the following:
- Powerful eCommerce and blogging (Articles App) engines;
- Multilanguage support;
- Advanced designer tools;
- Logo Maker;
- Landing Page Creator;
- High end third-party integrations.
Pros and Cons
Ucraft comes with a rich collection of free responsive templates, powerful eCommerce engine for web store development and Articles App for post creation and publication. Due to the multi language support feature, it’s easy to start and manage websites in different languages to boost the amount of the target audience.
The integrated Logo Maker lets you design a quality logo for your project to build brand reputation, while versatility of third-party extensions makes it possible to integrate popular services for better website promotion and customer retention.
The number of Ucraft demerits is not quite crucial. The overall amount of templates the website builder has in stock is somewhat limited and it now exceeds 63 designs. What’s more, each template is comprised of content blocks that imply the need of in-section editing without any possibility to rearrange the position of elements they consist of. These demerits, however, are not that crucial and they don’t have serious impact upon the final result of the website development process.
There is a completely free plan here that lets you test the system’s functionality and even start simple projects. Ucraft is also known due to its integrated Landing Page Creator, which is free for everyone and makes it possible to design quality landing pages for great business start. As to the paid subscriptions, the website builder currently offers three options:
- Pro Website ($10/mo) – custom domain, free hosting, multilanguage support, code embedding feature, 50 products, free SSL Certificate, integrated Google Analytics;
- Pro Shop ($21/mo) – advanced eCommerce tools, 1000 products, discount coupons, 0% transaction fee;
- BigCommerce ($39/mo) – unlimited products, reverse-charge VAT, opportunity to sell on Facebook, Amazon and Ebay.
Additionally, the website builder offers an advanced White Label solution for professional websites. This is where you can choose from two options – Partner Package ($799/mo) and Self-Hosted Package ($1899/mo).
SITE123 – One of the Most Popular SaaS Builders
SITE123 – is one of the easiest website builders, which has occupied a worthy place in the contemporary web design niche. The system was created with the needs and requirements of beginners in mind and, thus, it features ease of use along with convenience, affordability and intuitive web design approach. The system is a worthy pick for inexperienced users willing to start and manage full-featured projects.
SITE123 delivers a rich set of features, which work great for the development of landing pages, commercial and non-commercial projects, blogs, portfolios and online stores. The system does not require any coding skills, which is a real advantage for the prevailing amount of web developers. Here is the set of features the platform encompasses:
- Logo Maker;
- Free online form builder;
- Multilingual support;
- Extensive social media integration options;
- Rich App Market.
Pros and Cons
The website builder allows choosing from dozens of free responsive and fully-customizable templates to fit various niches. Its multilingual tools additionally makes it possible to create several language versions of the project.
To enhance your project performance, the system allows integrating multiple extensions and widgets (Galleries, Analytics Tools, Social, Forms, Live Chat Support, Booking and more), online forms, social media network buttons etc. There is also an opportunity to design and add your website logo.
As to the demerits, SITE123 mostly works well for first-timers without any coding proficiency at all, but it lacks high end setting and advanced design customization tools for web design pros. As a result of such an approach, landing pages and web stores created with the system are too simple, especially for professional use. Finally, SITE123 plans are not quite functional and feature-laden to let you start professional websites as they come with limited design customization options.
There is a free subscription providing 500 MB of disk storage space, 1 GB of bandwidth and 10 product orders per month. As soon as you decide to go online and publish a feature-laden project, you’ll be able to choose from four paid subscriptions. These include:
- Basic ($10.80/mo) – 10 GB of storage space, 5 GB of bandwidth, free domain name connection;
- Advanced ($16.80/mo) – 30 GB of storage space, 15 GB of bandwidth, up to 50 products per month;
- Professional ($22.80/mo) – 90 GB of storage space, 45 GB of bandwidth, 500 products per month;
- Gold ($28.80/mo) – 270 GB of storage space, 135 GB of bandwidth, unlimited products per month.
It should be mentioned, however, that the cost of SITE123 plans differs with regard to the location a user resides in. Make sure to check the cost of the plans prior to proceeding to the website development process.
IM Creator – Free Website Builder for Nonprofits
IM Creator – is a contemporary full-featured website builder, which is a perfect solution for artists, entrepreneurs, creatives and all those people, who plan to use the system to start non-commercial projects featuring high end functionality. IM Creator ensures simple and intuitive website development process, providing multiple design customization tools for the best result.
The system provides an opportunity to choose from the set of functions and tools that make website creation efficient and professional. Take a look at the most impressive features of the website builder now:
- Integrated blogging platform;
- Powerful eCommerce engine;
- Free web design resources;
- “Stripes & Polydoms” technology;
- Professional responsive designs.
Pros and Cons
IM Creator allows choosing from dozens of free ready-made templates, which are responsive by default and fully-customizable. The system also grants access to the integrated WYSIWYG website editor, allowing for HTML integration to ensure the best result possible. The website builder also comes with blogging and eCommerce engines as well as professional SEO optimization tools that let you get the most out of the design customization process.
Speaking about the demerits, the website builder may seem somewhat overloaded with features and tools that require additional exploration. Its eCommerce functionality is not that advanced as the system does not let you upload many products for sale and there is also limited font customization possibility.
IM Creator has one notable advantage that makes the system prevail over its competitors. It is absolutely free for artists, students and owners of non-profit websites, providing users with the opportunity to start full-featured projects without any financial investments at all. For all those users willing to start websites for commercial use, the website builder offers the following subscriptions:
- Annual License ($8/mo) – one domain name, one website, unlimited disk storage space and bandwidth, eCommerce engine, premium tech support, implies one time annual payment that constitutes $96/mo;
- Biannual License ($11/mo) – one domain name, one website, unlimited disk storage space and bandwidth, eCommerce engine, premium tech support, implies one time half-year payment that constitutes $66 for 6 months;
- SSL Protected ($21/mo) – above listed features plus SSL Certificate connection to the chosen domain name.
Additionally, IM Creator offers three types of White Label subscriptions. These include Standard, Host It Yourself and Servers Control plans, the cost of which correspondingly constitutes $350, $2500 and $25000 per year depending upon the terms, services and tools provided.
Mobirise – Offline Website Builder Software
Mobirise – is an offline website builder software, which requires download and installation before proceeding to the process of project development. The system comes with a broad set of features and tools that are initially oriented on the needs of first-time users. The website builder stands out from the crowd due to its ease of use that does not compromise with functionality.
Mobirise is a nice pick for those who intend to start different types of projects, including portfolios, business websites, landing pages, promo stes and more. It encompasses a wide range of features that contribute to the efficacy of website development. The major of them are as follows:
- Integrable extensions;
- Hundreds of content blocks for website layout development;
- AMP website builder;
- GDPR compliance;
- Quality and convenient code editor.
Pros and Cons
The AMP feature makes it possible to enhance the performance of mobile websites and they way they are displayed on different types of mobile devices.Mobirise also offers an opportunity to personally pick and integrate dozens of content blocks to form your own website layout and structure. Additionally, there is the possibility to connect custom extensions: Lazy Load, icons, PayPal compliant shopping carts, sliders, Google Analytics, Twitter Feed, Soundcloud and many more.
Mobirise doesn’t seem to have lots of demeris. The main disadvantage of the SaaS system is absence of its own integrated hosting. The need to look for the one elsewhere may pose a problem for inexperienced users. What’s more, you will face the need to store files on your computer to be able to update the project when required. Finally, all websites lauced with Mobirise look somewhat similar because of their block-based structure.
Mobirise is absolutely free for all user categories as well as for all project types, be it commercial or non-commercial websites. To give your project advanced look, you may consider integrating some of the paid plugins/extensions, such as Code Editor ($69), All-in-One Kit ($129), WOW Slider ($29), PayPal Shopping Cart ($29), Icons ($19) etc. Additionally, be ready to invest into hosting.
What Is the Easiest Website Builder to Use?
Whether you intend to start a personal or a business website, you should have long-lasting goals and clear understanding of the goals you wish to achieve. There is a widespread misconception that the website design process is time-taking and challenging. This mostly depends upon the web building tool you use to complete the task as well as upon your skills and web design requirements.
Among the extensive variety of quality and functional website builders, Wix is the one that holds the leading position in most countries of the world. The platform stands out from the crowd due to its ease-of-use and strong user-focus. Its integrated WYSIWYG editor, availability of Wix ADI and standard template editor as well as hundreds of free customizable and mobile-ready designs make it the simplest web design solution for first-timers and web design experts.
How Easy Is It to Create a Website with Wix?
Launching a website shouldn’t be a challenge both for newbies and web design experts. This is where Wix proves to be the most reasonable solution. The website builder works great for both categories of subscribers as it was created with simplicity and user-focus in mind. Wix is a quality web building tool to start and manage literally any type of project. Whatever website you are going to start with the system, the list of must-have steps will be pretty much the same. Here are the main stages to complete to get a feature-laden Wix-based website.
- Sign Up For the System. As a SaaS website builder, Wix implies online registration, which is easy, fast and convenient. To sign up for the system, you just need to fill out the registration form, providing your login information, or use Facebook/Google account data to join the platform. The entire process takes around a couple of minutes or even less than that.
- Pick a Template. Wix boasts one of the richest and the most quality template galleries in the niche – the number of its themes exceeds 550 designs. This provides you with a truly impressive template selection. For your convenience, the designs are divided into thematic categories with regard to the topic they tackle. Just browse them to pick the template that comes up to your needs and industry requirements most.
- Customize the Design. As soon as you are done with template choice, you may proceed to its instant customization. There are two template editing options you can choose from. If you are a newbie, then you may use Wix ADI tool, which literally creates a website for you in the automated mode, using the content you will submit upon its request. Another solution is to use an integrated Wix Editor that lets you create desktop and mobile website versions. What you can do here to customize the project is submitting the content, downloading images, video and other media files. Additionally, it’s possible to integrate widgets and third-party services to give your website the required functionality and design.
- Adjust SEO Settings. Wix is a SEO-friendly website builder, which means that it takes care about effective promotion of your project in the search engines. The system has an integrated SEO Wiz tool that lets you set up SEO parameters and offers step-by-step instructions on how to do that.
- Choose a Plan. Even though, Wix has a free subscription, it works well for testing the system and practicing your web design skills only. To get access to the full list of website features, you will have to upgrade to one of the paid plans the website builder offers. Wix currently has several plans for Standard and Business/eCommerce projects. All of them provide an opportunity of free domain name connection, integrated hosting and special tools/features that matter specifically for your type of project.
- Publish the Project. As soon as you are done with all the steps listed above, you are ready to publish the website. That’s done with a few clicks only – enjoy the result and keep managing the project, adding the content you require and updating it when needed.
That’s all about the process of creating websites with Wix. As you see, there is nothing complicated about it. To be precise, the algorithm is pretty much the same offered by the majority of other popular website builders. Stick to the recommendations to make sure you do everything right and get ready to invest some effort/time into quality website development.