The decision to start a website is responsible and challenging at a time. A website is that very tool you can effectively use for an extensive range of purposes, from personal portfolios and up to full-featured business projects and online stores.
However, the less you know about the web design process itself – the more problems you may unexpectedly face even on the initial stage of website development. You will definitely have lots of questions regarding domain name and hosting choice, integration of social media accounts and applications, design customization etc. This is what makes website design a real endeavor of newbies.
Before you plunge into the process of website creation, you should initially consider the choice of the web building tool. This is where you will encounter multiple questions. It goes without saying that there are lots of popular CMS, which, however, are oversaturated with settings.You can actually create any type of project with these systems, but… only if you are trained and skilled enough to master all the nuances.
But what if you are just on your way to web design proficiency? What if this is your first website creation experience? In this case, using a CMS won’t bring any result at all. This is when website builders will become those tools that will let you create a quality website in the shortest time possible and without any special skills and expertise.
Website Builders – The Easiest Way to Build a Website
Website builders have gained worldwide popularity. This is because their functionality and convenience make it possible to avail great results, even if you are a first-timer. These web-based systems work out-of-the-box and come with integrated hosting, ready-made themes and tools needed to give the project high end design.
The Easiest Website Builders to Create a Website:
- Gator – The Easiest Way to Build a Website
- Web.com – Cheap Website Builder for Small Business
- Hostinger Website Builder – Easy Website Builder with AI (eCommerce ready)
- WordPress – Easy Open Source CMS for Any Website
- Shopify – Easiest Platform to Create an Online Store
- Squarespace – Fastest Way to Create a Website
- SITE123 – One of The Most Popular SaaS Site Builders
- Wix – All-in-One Free Website Builder
- uKit – Easy to Step Website Builder
Such an extensive selection of professional web design tools may somewhat complicate the choice of the best web building tool. Each of these systems has much to offer to users and each of them works great for the completion of certain web design tasks.
The best way to make the right choice is to analyze and compare the basic feature set, convenience, simplicity, affordability and design customization options these website builders offer. Let’s get started then!
Gator – The Easiest Way to Build a Website
Gator is the easiest way to build a website, which comes with integrated hosting and makes it possible to set up all types of business and personal web projects. Due to the built-in drag-and-drop editor, the system ensures maximum simplicity, intuitive web design approach and convenience for all user categories. It has everything you need to set up a quality full-featured website.
Whether you need a blog, a portfolio, a landing page, a web store or a business website, Gator will grant access to multiple design customization tools and features. At the same time, it does not require any coding skills or web design expertise, thus, being a top solution for beginners. Here are the major Gator highlights:
- Blogging and eCommerce engines;
- Website builder and hosting provider available in one package;
- Appointment booking feature;
- Extensive App Market with free/premium widgets/extensions;
- Social media embedding options;
- Email marketing tools;
- Logo Maker;
- Image gallery;
- Custom domain name connection;
- Online forms;
- Analytic tools.
Pros and Cons
As mentioned above, Gator website builder comes with integrated HostGator. This eliminates the need to look for a third-party host to store your website files. Additionally, the system grants access to quite an extensive collection of templates. All of them are free, responsive and easy-to-customize. It doesn’t matter what niche you specialize in – Gator has multiple themes to offer to everyone.
As to demerits, Gator doesn’t have any negative features – just a few light cons. The system does not offer any free trials or plans. To start using the website builder, you need to sign up for a premium account at once. Another disadvantage is that the software is mostly applied for small and medium projects. It doesn’t work well for large-scale websites.
Gator offers moderate pricing policy, letting its subscribers choose from several premium subscriptions. Currently, users can browse, test and select the following plans:
- Express Start ($3.84/mo) – intelligent website builder, 3-product online store, 3 email campaigns per month, free domain and SSL Certificate etc.;
- Express Site ($5.99/mo) – 5 email campaigns per month, priority support, 10-product online store, appointment booking etc.;
- Express Store ($9.22/mo) – 10 email campaigns per month, unlimited product online store, no transaction fees etc.
The website builder frequently introduces discounts and special offers that make it possible to save big and reduce the final cost of your project.
Web.com – Cheap Website Builder for Small Business
Web.com – is a cheap website builder for small business, which does not require any coding proficiency. At the same time, the platform positions itself as the all-in-one service, which includes built-in hosting needed for quality development of full-featured projects. This is a nice pick for personal and business websites that differ in functionality, ease of use and convenience.
Web.com delivers an extensive range of tools and features that come in handy, when it tackles the process of website creation, management, customization and hosting. The most impressive of them include:
- Availability of content blocks and opportunity to arrange their positions;
- Customer interaction options;
- Google maps/online form embedding;
- Blogging/eCommerce engines;
- SSL Certificate connection.
Pros and Cons
Web.com has one notable advantage that makes it stand out from the crowd. The software includes a website builder and a hosting provider in one package. At the same time, it does not require any preliminary web design expertise to get started. The choice of templates is quite extensive here as well along with customization tools available in stock. Due to the availability of blogging and eCommerce engines, the system lets you set up, manage and customize full-featured blogs and online stores.
The website builder somewhat lacks functionality as compared to its global competitors. The user interface looks a bit outdated and not quite easy to use. The pricing policy is somewhat higher than average and does not come up to the integrated functionality available in stock here.
Web.com does not have a free plan or a free trial. If you decide to set up and host a website with the platform, you will have to pick a premium plan right from the start. There are two types of subscriptions here.
Web.com Hosting Plans include:
- Basic ($2.95/mo billed annually) – 1 website, 10GB of storage space, 1 directory pointer, 15K visitors, 25 FTP accounts etc.;
- Plus ($4.95/mo billed annually) – 5 websites, 20GB storage space, 5 directory pointers, 50K visitors, 50 FTP accounts, SSL security with the annual plan etc.;
- Premium ($6.95/mo billed annually) – 10 websites, 40GB storage space, 10 directory pointers, 200K visitors, unlimited FTP accounts, SSL security with the annual plan.
Web.com Website Builder plans are as follows:
- Website Essentials ($4.95/mo billed annually) – 150+ mobile-optimized templates, free SSL, free expert design support, social media tools, easy Google Site verification, free domain for 1 year, professional emails, free private domain registration, basic website analytics, SEO ranking report, email/phone/24/7 live chat support etc.;
- Business Essentials ($7.95/mo billed annually) – Logo Builder, search engine website submission, monthly SEO health checks,Business profile in local directories, customizes SEO to-do lists etc.;
- eCommerce Essentials ($13.95/mo billed annually) – powerful eCommerce reports, unlimited appointments, schedule appointment reminders, mobile-ready web store, real-time shipping rates, custom discount codes, abandoned cart saver, unlimited inventory locations, unlimited products and categories, secure online payments, 24/7 automated sync technology, advanced shipping, QuickBooks Online/Xero connection, opportunity to sell on Facebook and Instagram etc.;
- eCommerce Premium ($19.95/mo billed annually) – marketplace selling, bulk editing tools, fulfillment automation, automated sales tax calculations, quick-fill listing templates, restock management, barcode creation.
Whatever plan you pick for your project, the system will offer discounted rates for the first year of use. Limitations refer to free domain name and SSL Certificate connection as well as some other integrated features. Users can also get free 1 hour of pro design support. This option, however, is valid for 14 days from the sign up process.
Hostinger Website Builder (ex.Zyro) – Easy Website Builder with AI (eCommerce Ready)
Hostinger Website Builder (ex.Zyro) – is an easy website builder with AI, which is eCommerce ready by default. The software allows creating all types of projects from scratch, thus, being a worthy solution for beginners. The system ensures an easy, hassle-free and intuitive website creation process – just provide the content upon the system request and watch the way it sets up the project for you in the automated mode.
Hostinger Website Builder grants access to multiple tools and features needed for the development of commercial and non-commercial projects. The major highlights of the software include:
- Integrated online store manager;
- Powerful integrations available in the App Market;
- Blogging and eCommerce engines;
- Built-in Artificial Intelligence features with several tools available in the collection;
- Pre-designed templates;
- Focus on beginners;
- SSL Encryption.
Pros and Cons
As a DIY website builder, Hostinger Website Builder comes with a drag-and-drop editor that allows modifying your web project with regard to the selected theme. Users have an opportunity to choose, arr and arrange content blocks/sections as required. The software also stands out from the crowd due to its Artificial Intelligence feature that makes it possible to create and customize projects from scratch. The choice of designs is quite extensive here as well.
Hostinger Website Builder doesn’t have multiple disadvantages. Those that exist, however, are not that crucial for the system subscribers. Thus, the website builder lacks advanced features and code editing access. This prevents subscribers from getting the most out of the software functionality. Likewise, there is no live support for free plan subscribers. Having selected the design, you won’t be able to switch to another one without content loss. This requires thorough template selection on the initial stage of the website creation process.
Hostinger Website Builder does not have free plans or trials. If you decide to set up a website with the service, go ahead to choose one of four premium subscriptions.
The website builder offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for users who are not satisfied with the selected subscription for some reason.
WordPress – Easy Open Source CMS for Any Website
WordPress – is an easy open source CMS for any website. The software was initially created with blogging purposes in mind yet it recently evolved into the multifaceted platform to design all types of projects. As opposed to other popular CMS, WordPress is quite easy-to-use, even though some degree of coding awareness might be required to start and manage websites with it.
WordPress is a multi-functional CMS, which delivers a broad spectrum of advanced design customization options and powerful integration capabilities. It may take some time to explore and master the platform, but the very procedure of website development still remains quite understandable for everyone. The main WordPress features are provided below:
- Smooth CMS installation and comparative ease of use for most web developers – both newbies and web design professionals;
- Availability of hundreds of high quality designs (both free and paid) related to any industries;
- Powerful WordPress plugins that tackle various niches, integration of which contributes to the advanced website performance;
- Absolute website design customization that allows creating logical structure and editing the project with regard to special requirements.
Pros and Cons
WordPress is a full-featured CMS, the major highlight of which is advanced integration options. There are hundreds of widgets, apps, extensions and plugins available on the web, which are related to different industries, website types and project development goals.
Speaking about the demerits of the system, WordPress may be somewhat complicated for first-timers, who don’t have web design background or at least basic programming knowledge. The system is not difficult to master, but it may take some time to explore its entire feature set. To create flexible and feature-laden projects, the knowledge of coding may still be a must. Web design proficiency is also required, when it comes to plugin integration.
WordPress is a free CMS users may download and install without any fees at all. Likewise, it is possible to create simple projects with the platform without any extra financial investments. If you still expect deeper website functionality and flexibility, you won’t go without plugin/template integration, which, correspondingly, implies money expenditures. To publish a ready-made project, you will additionally require a domain name and hosting, which are also paid.
When it comes to hosting choice, the best and the most feature-rich platform to use is HostGator. Currently, the host offers the following subscriptions:
- Express Start ($3.84/mo) – intelligent website builder, 3-product online store, free domain and SSL Certificate, 3 email campaigns per month;
- Express Site ($5.99/mo) – 5 email campaigns per month, 10-product online store, appointment booking, priority support;
- Express Store ($9.22/mo) – 10 email campaigns per month, no transaction fees, unlimited product online store.
Bluehost additionally offers its subscribers an extra bonus – all registered users get one year of free domain name. Upon the end of this term, the cost of the domain will constitute $12-14 per year.
All HostGator subscriptions come with free domain name and opportunity of SSL Certificate connection. They are usually offered for a certain period of time. As soon as the term comes to its end, the cost of the domain name may become higher with regard to the prices the software sets.
Shopify – Easiest Platform to Create an Online Store
Shopify – is the easiest platform to create an online store and the world-known eCommerce software, which has distinguished itself as the most advanced, contemporary, feature-laden and professional system for the development of online stores. The software comes with a feature set and options that make it possible to start and manage different types of eCommerce websites, ranging from small projects and up to huge hypermarkets with hundreds of products offered for sale.
With Shopify, you can launch, manage and regularly update online stores, which differ in their integrated functionality, design customization tools and management options. The website builder is the best pick for those, who have an intention to start professional feature-laden projects. Have a look at the list of Shopify highlights now:
- Point of Sale (POS) software that lets you sell the products both online and offline;
- Advanced synchronization and integration options;
- Product, marketing and web store management tools;
- Augmented Reality feature;
- Multilingual support.
Pros and Cons
Shopify excels at eCommerce features and tools that allow for the development of all types of online stores. The system comes with a convenient and understandable storefront editor, allows creating and modifying product collections, setting up web store parameters, synchronizing with third-party marketplaces like Amazon and accounting software. All eCommerce projects launched with Shopify are securely protected by the SSL Certificate, advanced anti-fraud tools and other tools. The software also offers multilingual support.
As to Shopify cons, the platform is somewhat overloaded with eCommerce-specific features, which makes it well-suited for large online hypermarkets only. If you need a smaller web store, it makes sense to pick a worthy alternative to the system. What’s more, Shopify plans are not quite cheap and the system also charges extra fees for credit card transactions.
Shopify pricing policy is quite expensive, especially if compared with other website builders. You won’t find a free plan here, but there is a 14-day trial, which is enough to test the system’s functionality. If you decide to keep working with the system, you may pick one of the paid subscriptions based on your web store size, specialization, niche, complexity and business requirements. Here they go:
- Basic Shopify ($29/mo) – blog connection, free SSL Certificate, abandoned cart recovery, sales channels, manual order creation, 2 staff accounts, fraud analysis, Shopify POS app;
- Shopify ($79/mo) – gift cards, professional reports, 5 staff accounts, 1-5 store locations;
- Advanced Shopify ($299/mo) – advanced report builder, realt-ime carrier shipping, 15 staff accounts, up to 8 store locations.
Shopify doesn’t charge fees for the transactions made with the system, but there are still fees for the credit card transactions.
Squarespace – Fastest Way to Create a Website
Squarespace – is the fastest way to create a website, which targets diverse user categories – both beginners and web design pros. The system has much to offer to each subscriber without requiring obligatory coding proficiency. It comes with high end design customization tools, blogging/eCommerce engines as well as widgets and extensions to fit various niches.
With Squarespace, you can set up and customize various project types, including blogs, business websites, portfolios, digital stores, landing pages and what not. Whatever website you need, you will surely find a suitable toolset to get started with it. The major highlights of the website builder are listed below:
- Blogging/eCommerce engines;
- Quality template collection;
- Multiple integrations and add-ons (email management, SEO and analytic tools, location management options, Google Maps etc.);
- Page Editor and HTML/CSS access;
- Enhanced usability.
Pros and Cons
Squarespace delivers an extensive range of features and tools required for DIY website creation. Along with a quality collection of free responsive templates, it grants access to advanced design customization options. The system developers have recently added the review feature, which was unavailable before. This has improved the software usability, making it easier for the system subscribers to launch projects with it. Squarespace also comes with a high end Logo Maker and Unfold App, which ensure the unsurpassed user experience.
Align with numerous advantages, the website builder also has a list of demerits. Thus, there is no integrated App Store here with all the widgets available in one place. To get access to advanced features like analytics, promotion and scheduling tools, for example, users will have to upgrade to premium subscriptions.
Squarespace is a reasonably-priced website builder. You won’t find a free plan here, but there is an opportunity to test its features during the 14-day trial at no cost at all. To start working on your website creation and to publish a ready-made project then, you will have to pick one of the paid plans, namely:
- Personal ($16/mo) – 3% transaction fee, 20 website pages, free custom domain connection;
- Business ($23/mo) – 2% sales transaction fee, unlimited number of web pages, AdWords credit;
- Commerce Commerce Basic ($27/mo) – unlimited product number, bandwidth and disk storage space, integrated accounting feature;
- Commerce Commerce Advanced ($49/mo) – label printing, abandoned checkout autorecovery, real time carrier shipping etc.
Each subscription includes free hosting and domain name. If you own the one already, the website builder allows pointing it to your new project.
SITE123 – One of the Most Popular SaaS Site Builders
SITE123 – is one of the easiest website builders, which has occupied a worthy place in the contemporary web design niche. The system was created with the needs and requirements of beginners in mind and, thus, it features ease of use along with convenience, affordability and intuitive web design approach. The system is a worthy pick for inexperienced users willing to start and manage full-featured projects.
SITE123 delivers a rich set of features, which work great for the development of landing pages, commercial and non-commercial projects, blogs, portfolios and online stores. The system does not require any coding skills, which is a real advantage for the prevailing amount of web developers. Here is the set of features the platform encompasses:
- Logo Maker;
- Free online form builder;
- Multilingual support;
- Extensive social media integration options;
- Rich App Market.
Pros and Cons
The website builder allows choosing from dozens of free responsive and fully-customizable templates to fit various niches. Its multilingual tools additionally makes it possible to create several language versions of the project.
To enhance your project performance, the system allows integrating multiple extensions and widgets (Galleries, Analytics Tools, Social, Forms, Live Chat Support, Booking and more), online forms, social media network buttons etc. There is also an opportunity to design and add your website logo.
As to the demerits, SITE123 mostly works well for first-timers without any coding proficiency at all, but it lacks high end setting and advanced design customization tools for web design pros. As a result of such an approach, landing pages and web stores created with the system are too simple, especially for professional use. Finally, SITE123 plans are not quite functional and feature-laden to let you start professional websites as they come with limited design customization options.
There is a free subscription providing 500 MB of disk storage space, 1 GB of bandwidth and 10 product orders per month. As soon as you decide to go online and publish a feature-laden project, you’ll be able to choose from four paid subscriptions. These include:
- Basic ($10.80/mo) – 10 GB of storage space, 5 GB of bandwidth, free domain name connection;
- Advanced ($16.80/mo) – 30 GB of storage space, 15 GB of bandwidth, up to 50 products per month;
- Professional ($22.80/mo) – 90 GB of storage space, 45 GB of bandwidth, 500 products per month;
- Gold ($28.80/mo) – 270 GB of storage space, 135 GB of bandwidth, unlimited products per month.
It should be mentioned, however, that the cost of SITE123 plans differs with regard to the location a user resides in. Make sure to check the cost of the plans prior to proceeding to the website development process.
Wix – All-in-One Free Website Builder
Wix – is the all-in-one free website builder, which has gained worldwide popularity due to the advanced feature set combined with creative freedom, affordability, flexibility and high end design customization options. The platform is extensively used to start all types of web projects, which differ in their complexity, niche focus and performance. Absence of coding knowledge is what makes the service a great pick for newbies and web design experts.
Wix functionality allows using the system for the completion of any web design task. Whether you need a portfolio, a business website, a blog or even a web store, the website builder lets you start the project in almost no time. Here is the list of Wix highlights:
- Artificial Design Intelligence tool for beginners and web design pros;
- Easy blogging and eCommerce platforms;
- Hundreds of free mobile-ready 100% customizable templates;
- Wix Ascend – a convenient CRM system;
- Multilingual support;
- Velo by Wix;
- Logo Maker.
Pros and Cons
One of the major Wix highlights is versatility of design editing options. Users may choose between a simple Wix ADI tool and Standard Editor. The first option works best for beginners, while the second option is a better pick for experienced web designers. Wix also offers an intuitive web design approach and hundreds of free designs to get started with ease.
Wix doesn’t have notable demerits. However, if you are a beginner, you may find the platform’s interface somewhat overloaded, but it’s quite easy to get used to this feature. Another aspect is the extensive selection of widgets available in the App Market. Most of them feature high quality, but there are also those that are not quite useful or require improvement. These demerits, however, are not that crucial and cannot spoil the general impression the website builder creates.
The system offers a completely free never-expiring subscription that lets you test its basic functionality provided by default. To be able to start and publish a full-featured project, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid plans.
Website Wix Plans
- Combo (from $22/month) — the plan for personal use provides 2GB bandwidth, 3 GB storage space, removes designer ads, and 30 minutes of video hours. When paying for a year – there is a free domain, a place on the server to store videos for 30 minutes, and a bonus for advertising in Google Ads.
- Unlimited (from $27/month) — unlimited bandwidth, 50 GB disk storage video, 2-hour bonuses for advertising in Google Ads, applications for increasing productivity and analyzing visitors.
- VIP (from $45/month) — unlimited package options plus an additional 100 GB on disk, unlimited video, unmetered bandwidth, priority support, and logo maker.
- Business Basic (from $27/ month) – acceptance of online payments, unlimited bandwidth, 50 GB on disk, 5 hours of video, free domain when purchased for a year, analytics tools, and productivity increases.
- Business Unlimited (from $32/ month) — all the features of the basic kit, but already 100 GB on disk, 10 hours of video plus a logo maker.
- Business VIP (from $59/ month) — all the possibilities of an unlimited plan, unlimited disk space, and unlimited video duration plus priority support.
Wix also provides the 14-day money back guarantee as well as regular discounts/special offers for boosting customer loyalty rate.
uKit – Easy to Step Website Builder
uKit – is an easy to step website builder for small business projects. The system is flexible, intuitive and simple for all user categories, irrespective of their web design skills. Apart from business websites, it is extensively used for the development of portfolios, blogs and small eCommerce websites. No coding skills are required to start websites with uKit – the system provides intuitive step-by-step guidelines on how to design projects with it.
uKit is a drag-and-drop website builder that lets you start feature-laden projects without any coding awareness or preliminary preparation. There is a handy preview option, which allows controlling the result and making the edits even on the go. The rest of uKit merits are as follows:
- Multiple responsive customizable designs, which are also niche-specific and switchable;
- Widget integration option that contributes to website performance;
- Free SSL Certificate connection for the enhanced project safety/user data confidentiality;
- Temporary website management access rights;
- CRM integration.
Pros and Cons
uKit is, probably, the simplest website builder in the contemporary web design market. The system comes with a convenient WYSIWYG editor that lets you control the web design process. There are hundreds of responsive designs here and you can also make use of deep widget integration options to make your projects more functional.
uKit also comes with an eCommerce engine and Ecwid plugin integration possibility – pick any of these options to start a full-featured web store with the system. The service also unveils the opportunity to assign website management rights to third-party web-developers.
The website builder doesn’t have serious demerits. The only thing is that the system doesn’t offer a free plan yet has a 14-day trial to test the features of its paid subscriptions. To be able to create full-featured projects with the unlimited number of pages, enhanced disk storage space, multilingual support and other privileges, you won’t go without upgrading to the premium plan.
Another disadvantage of the system is absence of HTML editing options, which sometimes results in limited website customization possibilities. These nuances, however, are not quite serious and do not affect the overall system’s performance.
uKit offers the most reasonable rates for small business website development. The website builder allows testing its functionality during a free 14-day trial, but to start building quality projects with the system, you need to opt for one of its paid subscriptions. Here they go.
- Minimal ($4/mo) – custom domain name connection, 24/7 support, unlimited page number, SMS notifications, backup, over 200 professional templates, unlimited disk storage space;
- Basic ($8/mo) – Google Analytics, live chat support, no copyright sign, powerful statistics tracking tools, premium designs;
- eCommerce ($9.60/mo) – integrated eCommerce tools, shopping cart settings, payment/shipping options, acceptance of online payments, currency choice;
- Pro ($12/mo) – custom code integration, eCommerce functionality, custom color scheme application etc.
uKit offers a quality discount system for those users, who pay for 3, 6, 12 or 24 months with one payment. The longer the duration of the subscription term is – the bigger the discount proves to be.
Mobirise – Offline Website Builder Software
Mobirise – is an offline website builder software, which requires download and installation before proceeding to the process of project development. The system comes with a broad set of features and tools that are initially oriented on the needs of first-time users. The website builder stands out from the crowd due to its ease of use that does not compromise with functionality.
Mobirise is a nice pick for those who intend to start different types of projects, including portfolios, business websites, landing pages, promo sites and more. It encompasses a wide range of features that contribute to the efficacy of website development. The major of them are as follows:
- Integrable extensions;
- Hundreds of content blocks for website layout development;
- AMP website builder;
- GDPR compliance;
- Quality and convenient code editor.
Pros and Cons
The AMP feature makes it possible to enhance the performance of mobile websites and they way they are displayed on different types of mobile devices. Mobirise also offers an opportunity to personally pick and integrate dozens of content blocks to form your own website layout and structure. Additionally, there is the possibility to connect custom extensions: Lazy Load, icons, PayPal compliant shopping carts, sliders, Google Analytics, Twitter Feed, Soundcloud and many more.
Mobirise doesn’t seem to have lots of demerits. The main disadvantage of the SaaS system is absence of its own integrated hosting. The need to look for the one elsewhere may pose a problem for inexperienced users. What’s more, you will face the need to store files on your computer to be able to update the project when required. Finally, all websites launched with Mobirise look somewhat similar because of their block-based structure.
Mobirise is absolutely free for all user categories as well as for all project types, be it commercial or non-commercial websites. To give your project an advanced look, you may consider integrating some of the paid plugins/extensions, the cost of which starts at $49. If you decide to opt for a premium theme, get ready to invest the same price to get one. Finally, do not forget about domain name and hosting. The most reasonable host to use is HostGator. Its most affordable subscription currently costs $3.84/mo only.
Ucraft – Easy Website Builder (eCommerce Ready)
Ucraft is an easy website builder, which has distinguished itself in the web design niche as a quality platform to start, manage and promote different types of projects. Due to its simplicity, Ucraft works great for beginners and web design experts, who can get access to the broad set of design customization tools and options.
Ucraft comes with an extensive array of features and tools users can choose from, while working on their projects. Among the advantages of the system, it makes sense to point out the following:
- Powerful eCommerce and blogging (Articles App) engines;
- Multilanguage support;
- Advanced designer tools;
- Logo Maker;
- Landing Page Creator;
- High end third-party integrations.
Pros and Cons
Ucraft comes with a rich collection of free responsive templates, powerful eCommerce engine for web store development and Articles App for post creation and publication. Due to the multi language support feature, it’s easy to start and manage websites in different languages to boost the amount of the target audience.
The integrated Logo Maker lets you design a quality logo for your project to build brand reputation, while versatility of third-party extensions makes it possible to integrate popular services for better website promotion and customer retention.
The number of Ucraft demerits is not quite crucial. The overall amount of templates the website builder has in stock is somewhat limited and it now exceeds 63 designs. What’s more, each template is composed of content blocks that imply the need of in-section editing without any possibility to rearrange the position of elements they consist of. These demerits, however, are not that crucial and they don’t have a serious impact upon the final result of the website development process.
There is a completely free plan here that lets you test the system’s functionality and even start simple projects. Ucraft is also known due to its integrated Landing Page Creator, which is free for everyone and makes it possible to design quality landing pages for great business start. As to the paid subscriptions, the website builder currently offers three options:
- Pro Website ($10/mo) – custom domain, free hosting, multilanguage support, code embedding feature, 50 products, free SSL Certificate, integrated Google Analytics;
- Pro Shop ($21/mo)- advanced eCommerce tools, 1000 products, discount coupons, 0% transaction fee;
- Unlimited ($69/mo) – unlimited products, reverse-charge VAT, opportunity to sell on Facebook, Amazon and Ebay.
Additionally, the website builder offers an advanced White Label solution for professional websites. This is where you can choose from two options – Partner Package ($799/mo) and Self-Hosted Package ($1899/mo).
What Is the Easiest Website Builder to Use?
Whether you intend to start a personal or a business website, you should have long-lasting objectives and a clear understanding of the goals you wish to achieve. There is a widespread misconception that the website design process is time-taking and challenging. This mostly depends upon the web building tool you use to complete the task as well as upon your skills and web design requirements. The choice of a suitable website builder also depends upon the type of project you intend to set up. To simplify the task and to define the best platform for your website, it makes sense to compare some of them first. Let’s get started now.
What Is the Easiest Website Builder for a Web Store?
When it comes to web store development and customization, you have two options to choose from – all-in-one website builders and specialized eCommerce software. The choice should particularly depend on your coding background and results you intend to achieve in the long run. The size of the eCommerce project matters a lot here as well. If you need a large-scale digital store, then using a niche platform will be the best solution. Shopify is the best platform in this respect.
Providing a broad range of eCommerce tools and features, the system makes it possible to professionally set up, customize, manage and promote small to large online stores. You will be able to choose eCommerce templates with regard to your project specialization as well as multiple integrations, POS solution, synchronization with world-known marketplaces and myriads of other web store management tools. Pricing policy will also fit any budget here – just browse the available subscriptions to make the best choice.
If you are a beginner, though, and you don’t plan to start a feature-rich web store, you may opt for a simpler all-in-one solution like Wix or Ucraft. The systems work well for small and medium web stores, offering an abundance of features and tools for effective digital store customization.
What Is the Easiest Website Builder for a Blog?
Starting a blog won’t be a challenge, if you manage to pick an easy and niche-specific web design platform. Mind that you will need a service with a strong focus on the development of content-based projects – the one, which will provide you with a range of blog development, customization and promotion tools. The best software to use here is, undoubtedly, WordPress.
The world-popular Content Management System was initially created with a blogging focus in mind. Thus, it grants access to multiple blog-related templates available both in the platform’s library and online as well as to powerful extensions to enhance your blog performance. With WordPress, you will be able to enjoy absolute design customization options to create a truly personalized blog design. There are hundreds of plugins out there, which were specially developed for WordPress and help achieve superior blog quality. Mind that WordPress application is not quite simple for non-techies. It takes time, skills and effort to explore and master the software as well as to build projects with it. Additionally, you have to be ready to select a hosting provider and to connect a domain name to your blog to get it online. Fortunately, that’s not quite complicated even for a beginner.
Don’t wish to bother about WordPress exploration? Then you can alternatively go for a simpler blog development platform like Wix, uKit or SITE123. These DIY website builders all have built-in blogging engines, which allow connecting and customizing this type of project. They don’t imply deep coding proficiency, offering a blog-focused by default. There are also multiple blog templates to choose from here as well as handy integrations and moderate prices.
What Is the Easiest Website Builder for a Portfolio Website?
A professional portfolio website is the best way to showcase your talent, creativity and services to the target audience. To get a completely personalized portfolio project you will be able to update independently, you need an easy-to-use web design platform, offering a set of built-in niche tools. The system should be comprehensive enough to be understandable to everyone and quite functional to let you create visually appealing projects. Wix definitely deserves to be mentioned first here.
The all-in-one website builder works great for portfolio projects, irrespective of the niche you focus on. It has a special template section with free mobile-ready portfolio templates, a set of integrable widgets available in the App Market, visual and design customization tools, media embedding options and other advantages. One of the highlights of the software is the opportunity to choose a suitable website editing option – whether a Standard Editor or Wix ADI. Whatever solution you will go for, you won’t require deep coding proficiency to get started with your portfolio project – so intuitive and simple the system is. Availability of the eCommerce engine makes it possible not only to present your works/services to customers, but also to sell them directly via your website.
When it tackles the portfolio creation process, it’s close to impossible to find a worthy substitute to Wix website builder. However, if you can’t use the system for some reason, you may switch to uKit, Squarespace or SITE123. These website builders also come with portfolio development tools, niche templates, visual aids and special features to help you get started with ease. They differ in terms, integrated functionality and pricing yet they still allow building a feature-rich portfolio to comply with your needs.
What Is the Easiest Website Builder for a Landing Page?
If you need an effective business promotion tool, you won’t go without getting a landing page. The project will drive the attention of potential clients, letting them focus on the services and products you offer. When choosing a web design platform for your landing page, you need to pick the one, which is easy-to-use and business focused at a time. The system should not require deep programming awareness, offering an intuitive web design approach to subscribers. In this respect, uKit website builder should be the first on your list.
As a small business website builder, uKit grants access to the category of landing page templates along with a set of marketing/promotion tools it has in stock. The system offers a built-in eCommerce engine that lets you offer some of your products/services for sale, if required. What’s important, uKit is considered one of the cheapest and simplest web design platforms, which can be mastered in less than no time, even if you lack coding knowledge. Users may choose from multiple business widgets, promotion and marketing tools. CRM integration and multi language support are available here as well.
While uKit works best for landing page creation, some users may face the need to look for a worthy alternative to this website builder for some reason. In this case, it makes sense to go for Wix, Ucraft, Mobirise or Squarespace, for example. These platforms all provide tools and features required for effective landing page creation and promotion, being a nice pick for all user categories.
How Easy Is It to Create a Website with Gator?
Whether you are a newbie or a web design expert, launching a website shouldn’t be a challenge. This is where Gator proves to be the most reasonable solution. The website builder works great for both user categories as it was created with simplicity and intuitive web design approach in mind.
Gator positions itself not as a simple web development tool only, but also as a part of the HostGator package that includes hosting solutions. The software can be used to set up and manage almost any project, be it a commercial or a non-commercial website.
If you have made up your mind to pick Gator as a system for website creation, follow the must-have steps listed below:
- Sign Up For the Software. As a SaaS website builder, Gator implies online registration, which is easy, fast and convenient. To sign up for the software, you just need to fill out the registration form, provide your login information, or use Facebook/Google account data to join the platform. The entire process takes around a couple of minutes or even less than that.
- Select a Domain Name. As soon as you are done with account registration, the software will redirect you to the page, where you need to choose a domain name. It’s up to you to select the domain name zone that appeals to you most and complies with your requirements and project parameters. Likewise, you can connect your own domain, if you have one.
- Pick a Hosting Plan. Along with the domain name choice, you will be offered to select a hosting plan. Currently, the platform offers 3 subscriptions to choose from.
- Choose a Template. Gator allows choosing a suitable theme from its extensive design collection. All templates are customizable and free. For your convenience, the designs are divided into thematic categories with regard to the topic they tackle. Get one, which complies with your business niche specialization.
- Add Content. Having made your choice, you may start adding content. This also implies the process of uploading media files – videos, images and photo collections that tackle your website topic.
- Integrate Widgets. Browse the App Market to select the extensions that comply with your project niche and special requirements. Mind, however, that the majority of them are paid and not included in your current plan. Thus, you may need to make monthly payments or make a one-time fee.
- Customize the Design. As soon as you are done with template choice, you may proceed to its instant customization. Reach the control panel to find and use design settings including color, fonts, background etc.
- Adjust SEO Settings. Gator is a SEO-friendly website builder, which means that it takes care about effective promotion of your project in the search engines. Follow the instructions to fill out the required fields that affect the positions of your project in the search engine results.
- Preview and Publish the Project. As soon as you are done with all the steps listed above, you are ready to publish the website. Before you do that, however, take your time to preview the website to make edits, if any. Finally, publish the project and enjoy the result!
That’s all about the process of creating websites with Gator. As you see, there is nothing complicated about it. To be precise, the algorithm is pretty much the same offered by the majority of other popular website builders. The only difference is that you don’t need to select a third-party host – HostGator provides it by default.
Among the extensive variety of quality and functional website builders, Gator is the one that holds the leading position in the modern website development niche. The major thing that makes it stand out from the crowd is the availability of hosting provided in the HostGator subscription. The website builder is also rich in designs, customization tools and intuitive tips that help create a full-featured project from scratch.