Are you currently going to effectively promote your business, but can’t decide what to start with? What you should know is that successful business development is unthinkable without reliable web presence.
Having a small business website is an advantage in itself. It helps achieve several goals at a time. Regardless of the niche you specialize in, a website remains the top notch destination for clients and business partners, who are interested in dealing with you.
As soon as you decide to run a small business website, you’ll come across various options. If you are ready to invest much into your website development, then you can hire a web design studio to do this work for you.
However, that’s not the best idea, if you wish to be in charge of the web building process to further manage and update your website when needed. One of the best and the simplest DIY options is using a website builder. These services allow building different types of projects, which range in functionality, feature sets and result provided.
If you are right about to launch a full-featured small business website, it really makes sense to find out more about the most popular website builders.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Small Business Website Builders:
- Wix – Best FREE Website Builder for Small Business
- uKit – Small Business Site Builder for Personal Website
- WordPress – Best Open Source CMS for Small Business
- Tailor Brands – Best Website Provider for Small Business
- Shopify – Ecommerce Website Builder for Small Business
- Bluehost – Website Builder and Hosting for Small Business
- Bookmark – AI-powered Web Platform for Small Business
- Ucraft – Affordable Tool to Create a Small Business Website
- SITE123 – Easiest Small Business Website Builder
- Gator – Simple and Handy Website Builder by HostGator
When it comes to the choice of the best small business website builder, most users feel somewhat puzzled just because they don’t know, which service will work best for them. Let’s review the major options and advantages of the most featured website builders so that you could know what to expect from each of them.
Wix – Best FREE Website Builder for Small Business
Wix – is the best free website builder for small business, which has gained worldwide popularity due to its extensive set of niche-related features. Abundance of design customization tools, rich choice of free templates and affordable pricing policy have made the system a worthy platform for the development of all types of websites, including small business projects. Wix is a great pick for entrepreneurs, who lack coding skills and don’t have time to learn all the intricacies of the web building process. To make sure the system comes up to your web design needs, consider the following advantages of the platform:
- Small Business Templates. Whatever business niche you specialize in, you will easily find a suitable template in the rich collection of the website builder. All Wix themes are free, mobile-optimized and there is an opportunity to make use of the mobile editor to ensure nice mobile display quality. The changes you will make in the mobile version are not displayed in the desktop mode, while the edits made in the desktop website variant will be visible in the mobile version.
- Wix ADI. The integrated Artificial Design Intelligence tool will help you develop a small business website, even if you are not a web design pro. This is done in the automated mode – just provide your company info that has to be displayed at the website and the system will do the rest of the job for you.
- Wix ShoutOut. Another Wix advantage is email marketing feature. It allows creating stunning emails and sharing marketing campaigns in no time. Wix ShoutOut offers customizable styles, professional templates with ready-made layouts, easy contact integration. You can also make use of social media tools and stats tracker to check your website statistics. This is exactly what your business needs for effective promotion.
- eCommerce Platform. Do you intend to launch a small-to-medium online store, but don’t have time to deal with specialized website builders? Then go ahead to explore Wix Stores – the feature that will let you launch an eCommerce website optimized for mobile viewing. Select the template, upload your web store info, contact details, products and their specifications, enable eCommerce features and set up payment/shipping options to run a web store that will come up to your needs and expectations.
- Wix SEO Wiz. Due to the convenient and easy-to-use Wix SEO Wiz, you’ll be able to control the efficacy of your business website promotion. With this purpose, you can set up SEO parameters, track website statistics, integrate required tools and widgets and perform other actions to make sure your small business website obtains high ranks in Google.
- Ascend by Wix. Ascend by Wix is the advanced all-in-one business solution that grants access to more than 20 professional business tools meant to simplify your business management processes. By using the feature, you can start, run and promote your company, grow customer base and niche reputation as well as generate profit. Ascend makes all the processes maximall automated, offering such tools as Forms, Contact Manager, Live Chat, Inbox, Invoices, Tasks & Reminders, Automations, Price Quotes etc.
Is Wix Good For Small Business? Wix definitely works great for small business projects in terms of pricing. The free plan the system offers to each and every subscriber, can be effectively used to try out all the features of the website builder. However, it won’t cover the entire range of your web design needs, if you decide to launch a business website and make it accessible on the web. You’ll need a domain name as well as other tools to make sure your business website ranks high in the search engines and enjoys popularity with the target audience. Thus, upgrading to the paid subscription is a must. Wix offers a set of Business/eCommerce plans, the cost of which starts with $23/mo. This is a worthy investment for any small business website.
uKit – Small Business Site Builder for Personal Website
uKit – is one of the simplest and the most functional small business website builders for personal projects. Actually, the system provides great price-quality correlation to beginners and web design pros, who have an intention to start their DIY business websites. The platform has distinguished itself as a small business website builder and, thus, its entire feature set is focused on the completion of this task. uKit is extremely easy-to-use and it doesn’t require the awareness of coding skills. It is a nice solution for building websites for small company owners and private entrepreneurs, who are always pressed for time, lack web design knowledge and are not ready to invest much into website development. Here is the list of features uKit proudly offers it its subscribers:
- Responsive Business Designs. uKit template collection is one of the most impressive in the niche. It enlists hundreds of responsive templates divided into business categories for the ease of search. You can change the template on any stage of the web design process, while the content will be saved. Template customization process is also simple. Just access the dashboard to check out the tools you can use for this purpose.
- AmoCRM Integration. Being oriented on business promotion, uKit comes with amoCRM integration option. This is a simple and quite intuitive system of accounting potential deals and clients that helps control and increase sales volumes. The system simplifies the process of customer/order management, contributing to quicker and more efficient business promotion.
- eCommerce. uKit eCommerce features are worth separate attention. The website builder provides users with an opportunity to launch and then manage a small web store. Actually, you can go two ways here. You can either connect an eCommerce widget to your website and set up the parameters or integrate the Ecwid plugin to start selling online.
- Business Widgets. uKit allows integrating business widgets, which can add functionality and business focus to your website. Among the business widgets you might like to integrate into your project, it initially makes sense to mention Timeline, Steps, Google Maps, Social Networks etc. Each of these widgets works great for all types of business websites.
- SendPulse Integration. uKit seamlessly integrates with SendPulse – a popular widget that is used by those web developers, who wish to add and adjust online push notifications for their website visitors. Widget integration takes a couple of minutes only and can be completed even by non-coders.
- uCalc. Another highlight of the website builder is its online calculator – uCalc, integration of which helps define the cost of products/services offered to the target audience. This is especially a great choice for eCommerce projects.
Is uKit Good For Small Business? uKit is one of the best options for small business website development and it’s one of the most affordable website builders as well. The system doesn’t have a free plan, but it’s not quite necessary, considering the cost of its paid subscriptions. The price of the cheapest uKit plan constitutes $4 only, while the most expensive and advanced subscription will cost you $12/mo! These prices are more than affordable for any small business – you will hardly find cheaper rates for such an extensive functionality!
WordPress – Best Open Source CMS for Small Business
WordPress – is the best open source Content Management System for small business websites. The platform has gained worldwide popularity due to its powerful feature set, abundance of integration features and advanced design customization options. The system was initially created as a blogging platform and, thus, you won’t find a simpler solution to start and manage a blog. This, however, does not mean that you won’t be able to use the system for the development of other project types. On the contrary, WordPress works great for the creation of business websites, landing pages and even web stores. Everything depends on your objectives, web design endeavours and result you expect to avail in the long run. When it tackles the functionality aspect, WordPress offers the following features:
- Small Business Plugins. The system stands out from the crowd due to its powerful plugin integration options. There are lots of WordPress plugins out there and it’s up to you to pick and integrate those, which are the most suitable for your website. Among the most popular WordPress plugins for business websites, it makes sense to mention WPForms, MonsterInsights, Yoast SEO, Constant Contact, OptinMonster, Sucuri, UpdraftPlus, WP Rocket, MemberPress, CSS Hero, LearnDash, G Suite, SEMRush, Pretty Links Pro, Shared Counts, WooCommerce and many more.
- Customer Interaction Plugins. Along with niche-specific plugins, WordPress offers an extensive selection of customer interaction widgets/extensions. These are required to make your small business website convenient and handy for current and potential customers. Some of the most popular widgets you can pick and integrate into your site, the following ones are the most widespread: Live Chat, Zopim Live Chat, Support Candy, uCare, AH Tickets, Zendesk, Help Scout Desk etc.
- Small Business Templates. WordPress is also known for its high end small business templates. There are thousands of them available in the global network and you may easily choose from free and paid versions. Mind, however, that free templates designed by third-party developers are not altogether safe because of the potential malware threats. Make sure you deal with trustworthy web designers you can totally rely on.
Is WordPress Good For Small Business? WordPress works great for small business websites due to its advanced features and affordable pricing. The CMS is free for download and installation. However, you’ll have to pay for the use of external plugins, themes, widgets and add-ons. Likewise, you’ll have to buy domain name and pay for the hosting to make your website accessible on the web.
Speaking about hosting choice, WordPress officially recommends using Bluehost as the top notch hosting provider that can cover all the hosting needs of their users. The host is characterized by strong uptime rates, fast page load speed, affordable pricing policy, safety, huge marketplace with hundreds of plugins, add-ons, apps and scripts, extensive content marketing and SEO options, eCommerce focus and multiple applications to be integrated into business websites. The cost of using Bluehost will surprise everyone as the price of its cheapest plan constitutes $2.95/mo.
Tailor Brands – Best Website Provider for Small Business
Tailor Brands – is the best website provider for small businesses, which is initially geared towards streamlining business branding processes. The system helps kickstart your business with high end design and branding, making it stand out from the crowd. Tailor Brands is the world’s first logo design and branding platform, which is powered by the Artificial Intelligence. This helps give any project professional look and unique online brand identity. Listed below are the most remarkable highlights of the platform:
- Collection of Branding Tools. Tailor Brands offers a powerful collection of branding tools specially designed for your business. These tools are adaptable, which means that you can utilize your EPS file and Business Card ideas to create unique website design that will perfectly match your business web page.
- Logo Maker. The system allows designing unique business logo to reveal your brand identity, share your vision and pick the required elements the system offers by default. The process of logo creation is easy and creative – what you need is to provide your business name, choose the preferred logo type, select font preferences and proceed to the logo customization process. Upon the completion of these steps, the AI algorithm will use the content to design your business website logo in the automated mode.
- Social Management Platform. The system comes with the integrated social management platform that allows sharing website-related content and posting articles across social networks.
- Tailor Ads. The integrated Tailor Ads platform lets you design instant ads that are available in multiple variables to come up to any needs.
Is Tailor Brands Good For Small Business? If you need professional website logo and high end branding, Tailor Brands will come up to your requirements. The system lets you customize and play around your website logo design with its integrated website builder that comes with eCommerce functionality provided by default. There is no free plan here, but the platform lets you pick one of the paid subscriptions that start from $9.99/mo. What’s more, the price may be reduced up to $2.99/mo, if you decide to make annual payment.
Shopify – eCommerce Website Builder for Small Business
Shopify – is the most powerful and the most popular eCommerce software used to start and manage professional business and eCommerce websites. The entire feature set of the platform as well as its tools are geared towards the design of all types of online stores. The website builder is a nice choice for beginners as well as for professional web masters, who specialize in eCommerce website development. There are no eCommerce features Shopify lacks – take a look at the system’s features and tools to find out how much it has to offer:
- POS Software. Shopify comes with the advanced Point-of-Sale (POS) software, which allows selling products at your own retail storefront. The use of the external card terminal, offline order acception, automatic synchronization with Shopify account, ability to launch several user accounts, Quickbooks synchronization, report option – these are only a few advantages of this feature.
- Product Management Options. Shopify makes it possible to integrate a shopping cart and a “Buy” button to enable customers create the required amount of product cards. The system will automatically generate product embed codes to add the product lists and collections to the website. Additionally, the system allows for extensive product management options to ensure convenient shopping experience for users.
- Versatile Integration Options. The software makes it possible to integrate with popular and feature-laden marketplaces, such as Xero, Quickbooks and other accounting software to increase your web store performance. Integration of Shopify with Amazon Marketplace is done in a few simple clicks, while the result of this synchronization will exceed your expectations, if you plan to sell products on both platforms. Multichannel support will be of great help here as well.
- High End Marketing Features. When it comes to web store promotion, Shopify provides an abundance of high end marketing features. Entrepreneurs will be able to create online receipts, analyze and browse web store statistics, control account balance, use advanced Shopify features like Shopify Ping, App Store, BOGO discounts, Shopify Tap & Chip Reader and more.
- Web Store Management Tools. The software lets you choose from multiple web store management options and tools that boost your web store performance. These include access to customer profiles, groups and accounts, email layouts and templates, dropshipping and order fulfillment options etc.
- AR Feature. Another Shopify highlight is its advanced Augmented Reality (AR) tool. The feature allows seeing the products offered for sale in the 3D mode to let potential buyers see its advantages in details.
Is Shopify Good For Small Business? Shopify is one of the best platforms that works great for the development of eCommerce websites – from small ones to hypermarkets. The software offers a free 14-day trial period to test its feature set and four paid subscriptions. The cost of the cheapest plan constitutes $9/mo, which is a surprisingly reasonable offer.
Bluehost – Website Builder and Hosting for Small Business
Bluehost – is the most trusted and functional hosting provider for small business websites. The company has been around for years, having won the loyalty of millions of users worldwide. It’s now known as the official hosting provider recommended for professional use by WordPress. The system ensures smooth performance of websites hosted with it as well as safe data preservation. The main advantages of the company are provided below:
- Flexibility. The system ensures seamless integration with lots of versatile extensions, add-ons, external services and plugins, which contribute to worthy and high end performance of your small business website, irrespective of the traffic amount.
- Increase of Page Load Time. Bluehost also guarantees smooth website performance that results in the enhanced page load time along with high uptime rates. The system comes with a pack of integrated features and tools, which boost website performance, regardless of the overall website load parameters and traffic volume.
- Bluehost Marketplace. The hosting provider comes with a powerful integrated marketplace of plugins, extensions, scripts and add-ons that ideally boost small business website customization and performance. Additionally, it is possible to choose from the rich collection of business templates developed for WordPress.
- Advanced Security. Bluehost takes special care of your website security and data preservation, which matters a lot for business projects. The hosting provider uses hotlink protection tools along with the Spam Hammer, Spam Experts and other safety features.
Is Bluehost Good For Small Business? Bluehost is a reliable and functional hosting provider for small business websites. The platform doesn’t offer any free plans, but this is compensated by the affordable cost of its paid subscriptions. The price of the cheapest plan constitutes $2.95/mo. What you get at this cost is free SSL Certificate connection option, unlimited bandwidth, opportunity to connect a free domain name to your business website (if you don’t have the one yet) and many more advantages.
Bookmark – AI-Powered Web Platform for Small Business
Bookmark – is the best AI-powered web platform used to create small business websites. The cloud-based website builder is full-packed with business-specific options and allows building well-structured projects. Business websites and online stores launched with the platform have trusted look and excellent performance. It’s high time to provide the list of the most impressive Bookmark features now:
- AIDA Assistant. You can create a functional business website or an online store in a blink of an eye due to the advanced AIDA (Artificial Intelligence Design Assistant) tool. The entire process of website creation doesn’t take it longer than a couple of minutes, while the result will certainly impress everyone – so functional AIDA is! Just provide your business info and watch the way the assistant creates the website for you.
- Integrated Business Templates. Bookmark doesn’t have standard templates you can customize to fit your niche requirements. It is AIDA that offers a broad selection of free integrated themes, which differ in structure and are responsive by default. Select any of them to start working on your small business or eCommerce website.
- Multilingual Support. The platform supports over 50 languages, due to what you can create those website language versions you need to reach the target audience abroad.
- Business Web Stats. The website builder makes it possible to track your business website performance by means of using integrated statistics collection tools. There are also multiple mobile apps that allow for quick and effective website management from any location you are in.
Is Bookmark Good For Small Business? Bookmark is a pretty good choice for entrepreneurs willing to start business websites, making use of the advanced Artificial Intelligence feature. You can use Bookmark for free to launch a simple site. The cost of premium packages is quite affordable. To get a full-featured business or eCommerce website, you can choose one of two paid subscriptions. Their cost ranges between $11.99 and $24.99 per month based on the terms and features included.
Ucraft – Affordable Tool to Create a Small Business Website
Ucraft – is an affordable DIY website builder to start and manage small business websites. The system works great for the completion of any business tasks. This is a nice pick for first-timers and web design pros, who have an intention to start and manage business websites, landing pages, blogs and other projects. Websites created with Ucraft are responsive, 100% customizable and, web stores easy-to-manage. They come with full-screen blocks and flat design, which contributes to their contemporary look and feel. The website builder currently grants access to the following features:
- eCommerce Platform. The integrated eCommerce engine of the platform is easy to use for everyone, who pursues a goal to start an online store. The system provides a list of eCommerce-specific features that simplify the web store creation process. These include product catalogue, integrated shopping cart, image uploading and set up, social media integration, opportunity to connect with 8 popular and profitable sales channels, organize and hold discount campaigns, issue discount codes for selected products etc. The system also offers multiple shipping and payment options, the choice of which depends upon the location aspect.
- Blogging. Blogging functionality of the service is effectively realized via the application of the Articles App. The feature makes it possible to start blogs or add news sections to the existing websites. It takes a couple of minutes only to make a post, create new blog page layouts, integrate commenting systems, connect social media buttons to each post so that users could be able to share the articles they like.
- Free Landing Page Creator. Ucraft has a free Landing Page Creator, which lets you create and update quality landing pages to showcase your ideas, products or services, drive organic traffic, generate leads and reach other business goals. There are many landing page templates to choose from in the design collection of the service.
- Free Logo Maker. Another Ucraft highlight is its free Logo Maker. Whether you wish to improve your existing business logo or create a brand new one, the tool will let you do that with ease. You’ll be able to design a unique logo out of standard icons or upload your own logo to boost its design and style. To make your website logo personalized, you are welcome to experiment with colour schemes, titles, fonts, shapes, styles, sizes and lots of other available design parameters. Detailed instructions will help you complete the task with ease and gain excellent result.
- Business Templates. Ucraft template collection is not that rich. Encompassing 63 free professional responsive templates only, it allows for creative freedom and offers code injection option to personalize the selected themes. A set of Designer Tools comprised of typography, UI Kit and form builder and layout, makes it possible to get the most out of Ucraft design customization options.
Is Ucraft Good For Small Business? Speaking about the price aspect, the website builder offers a free 14-day trial that lets you unveil all the features and services the system offers. The platform also has the unlimited free plan, which comes with lots of restrictions, though, and works well for personal web building needs only. As to the paid subscriptions, Ucraft has three options, the cheapest of which will cost you $10/mo.
SITE123 – Easiest Small Business Website Builder
SITE123 – is the easiest, free and functional cloud website builder for small business website development. It offers a convenient WYSIWYG editor and makes it possible to develop versatile projects. The service is known for its simplicity, intuitive web building approach and convenience. It has much to offer to web design experts and it’s also quite understandable for beginners. If you are right about to start a business project with SITE123, consider the list of its highlights now:
- Responsive Business Templates. The all-in-one website builder comes with a broad selection of responsive templates. They are versatile and free. They come up to multiple business spheres and can be effectively customized with regard to the niche you specialize in. If you cannot find a template you like, you can design a website from scratch. This doesn’t take effort and time as well.
- Social Media Integrations. The website builder allows boosting your business popularity via social network accounts. This is the surefire way to let you partners/customers know the upcoming business events, updates, news and special offers.
- Multilingual Support. SITE123 offers multilingual support. As a result, you can create the required number of website language versions based on the target audience you plan to reach abroad.
- eCommerce Engine. The website builder comes with a convenient and effective eCommerce module. Its use allows launching and managing powerful online stores with multiple options. You can manage product assortment, set up payment/shipping details, launch and update discount coupons, manage PayPal payment options etc.
- Form Builder. If you plan to start a small business website with SITE123, its integrated online Form Builder will certainly come in handy to you. The tool comes with a set of custom form layouts, design customization tools and elements that let you create quality integrable online forms.
Is SITE123 Good For Small Business? Small business websites created with SITE123 look appealing and are quite functional. The cost of using the service ranges from $10.80 and up to $28.80 per month. There is also a free plan, the features of which are enough to test the system before opting for a paid solution. The rates differ with regard to the functionality implied by the plans.
Gator – Simple and Handy Website Builder by HostGator
Gator – is a simple and handy website builder, which initially targets inexperienced users with little or no web design experience. The service is run and managed by HostGator – one of the most well-known hosting providers in the world. The system comes with an intuitive drag-and-drop website editor, abundance of well-customized templates and nice feature set, which cut down the web design hassle to the minimum. Gator works well for the development of personal websites, blogs and small business projects, the major objective of which implies the promotion of certain products/services. The basic feature set of the website builder is as follows:
- Social Media Integration. This is one of the strongest points of the website builder, which makes it possible to embed content from the world-popular services like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc, directly into your website. You’ll get access to social media buttons, rich image galleries, live feeds and other tools to ensure rewarding web presence.
- Integrated analytics. Gator also allows tracking useful information related to your website performance due to the Thus, it will be easier for you to control the traffic flow, conversion and website abandonment rates. Whatever pricing plan you will go for, it will come with the connected SSL Certificate, mobile ready designs and domain name.
- App Market. Additionally, the website builder has a huge integrated App Market, offering lots of add-ons, widgets and applications for advanced on-page website customization. The market is free for all user categories.
- Business Templates. Gator template collection is quite impressive, even though, it’s not that rich as compared to other popular services. The website builder offers responsive templates that are divided into thematic categories to simplify users’ choice. Mind, however, that Gator templates are quite standard and they don’t work well for websites that have distinct creative focus (like portfolios, for example).
- HostGator Hosting. The undeniable highlight of the website builder is the fact that it comes with HostGator hosting by default, which provides the unlimited storage space and bandwidth, irrespective of the subscription chosen. This means that you’ll be able to upload the unlimited amount of content to your website without having any concerns about its load speed and other crucial technical parameters.
Is Gator Good For Small Business? The pricing policy of the website builder is rather moderate. The platform offers three pricing plans, the cost of which goes down depending upon the subscription term you choose. To be precise, it’s possible to sign up for the system for one month, one/two years. The longer the term is – the less the eventual cost of the plan will be and the more money you will save in the log run.
Thus, the platform has three paid plans, namely Starter, Premium and eCommerce. The cost of the plans constitutes $3.84, $5.99 and $9.22 per month correspondingly, granted that you opt for a 2-year subscription. Mind that Gator doesn’t offer a free plan or a trial, which means that you’ll have to pick the paid option right from the start.
Are Website Builders Good for Small Business?
Website builders work great for the development of small business websites. These platforms provide multiple advantages that cannot be offered by other web building tools. Have a look at some of them now:
- Convenience and Ease of Use. Website builders come with a set of tools, which are easy to master even for newbies. This is because the systems are specially designed for users, who are not aware of programming skills and they also offer advanced functionality for proficient web designers.
- No Coding Skills Needed. You don’t have to learn coding basics as the web design process is intuitive and simple here. As a result, websites built with the systems are logically-structured and have decent designs.
- Business-Focused Features. Small business website builders come with lots of features specific for this very niche. They offer widgets, apps and extensions you can integrate into the project to boost its performance and avail decent result.
- Templates. The systems offer multiple business-specific templates to fit diverse spheres. They are usually mobile-optimized to be available on different devices for client convenience.
- Affordability. The prevailing amount of website builders have flexible pricing policy and offer different cost options to meet specific user needs and budgets. The choice of the plan generally depends upon the goal you plan to achieve and the range of business promotion services you need.
Having a full-featured small business website builder is an advantage in itself. This is the best selling tool that can effectively boost your business promotion, thus contributing to traffic growth and profit generation.
Even if you are not a web design professional, it is still possible to start and manage your business website on your own. This is how you avoid the necessity to invest huge budgets in hiring web designers. Likewise, you won’t run a risk of getting a low quality project in the long run or face security concerns. It’s you, who control the entire process of website creation from scratch and this is where website builders will be of great help.
The choice of a website builder that will meet your web design needs is quite responsible, but this fact doesn’t have to frustrate you. Prior to making the final choice, consider all the features the platforms mentioned in the article can offer you. Realization of your actual web building needs is the key to your success.
Whether you want to take your existing business online or start earning on the web, the first step is to create your own website. Any of the above mentioned website builders will help you with this.