The face of education is changing, with Internet being right at the core of this change, and teachers and students have a lot to benefit from this fact. There are so many ways to use the web for education, and one of these is creating a school website.
A school website is not a whim or a tribute to fashion nowadays. A school is a kind of an ecosystem with lots of constituents. Information published at the website is an effective tool for the organization of the working process of any educational establishment. It is oriented towards the vast audience, which includes teachers, pupils, parents and school administration. A website can effectively contribute to the fruitful cooperation between these groups of people.
What is the purpose of creation of a teacher website? The image and activity of a contemporary teacher have changed a lot lately. In the XXI century, competition is not limited to trading only. Apart from the products and services that require active promotion, a teacher’s image and skills also prove to be an indispensable part of the contemporary process of education. A teacher, who has a personal website, has more chances to expand the field of activity, grow the reputation and recognition among the pupils, their parents and the colleagues.
How is it possible to create a school or a teacher website? What features should a website builder have to ideally cope with the task?
School and Teacher Website Builders
School and teacher websites launched with website builders feature the best correlation of convenience, ease of use and functionality.
Being initially oriented on the needs of non-techies, these services provide a broad range of niche-focused elements, features, tools and characteristics that can help you create, customize and then manage a decent website for teachers and students.
Are you right about to launch a school or a teacher website with a website builder? Then you’ll certainly need valuable info on how to choose the best service. Read on to explore the reviews of the best platforms and their major parameters to finally proceed to your website creation!
Wix – is the best website builder to create a school or a teacher website. When it comes to building websites for teachers, Wix does not seem to have any competitors at all – so simple, intuitive and feature-rich it is. Have a look at some of the most outstanding parameters of the website builder now:
- Education and Culture Templates. Wix lets you browse its extensive “Education and Culture” templates category to pick the one that corresponds to your website specialization most of all. This is where you can come across mobile-ready templates for a private elementary school, fundraising foundation, community center, kindergarten, schools and classes, graduate parties, music schools, university landing pages, language schools etc.
- Forum. By using the website builder, you can add a forum to your website to grow the audience and provide them with useful information they might be looking for. A forum is the place, where you can communicate with visitors, share your opinion on a variety of topics, join the discussions and stay aware of the recent news.
- Blogging. Wix allows creating a multifunctional blog or adding it to your website (if you have the one already) with a few clicks only. This is needed to post and manage niche-related articles, staying in touch with the target audience.
- Wix ADI. The Artificial Design Intelligence tool will be a powerful feature for students and teachers, who lack coding skills to design a website on their own. The system will automatically create a website for you, using the content you’ll submit upon its request.
- Member Login Feature. Adding the Member Login Button will be a good idea to enable users join your website on their own to access members-only website pages.
- App Market. This is the place, where you can select multiple apps and extensions to be further integrated into your educational website. Among the apps that might be a nice choice for this kind of project, it makes sense to mention Online Calendar, Wix Pro Gallery, Wix Events, Latest News, Scheduling Pro, Wix Chat, Comments, Voice Comments+, Wix Video and what not.
Cost: Wix pricing policy will come up to the needs and financial abilities of all user categories. For those, who are just planning to test the system or practice web design skills, the website builder offers a free plan that never expires. As soon as you are ready to proceed to the web design process, you’ll be able to choose between five paid options.
The cheapest Wix plan will cost you $4.50/mo, while the price of the most expensive solution constitutes $24.50/mo. The prices are quite affordable even for teachers and students, while the functionality the system offered at this cost may notably exceed your expectations.
Weebly – is the most specialized website builder for schools and universities. It provides useful tools and features to let you start and effectively manage projects for students and teachers. Among the features you might be interested in, the following ones should be the first to mention:
- Weebly for Education. This is a superb tool you can use to launch educative websites, student portfolios and project websites. Whether you are a student or a teacher, this tool will make it possible for you to reveal your creative abilities via the use of multimedia features. You’ll be in charge of the process, while all your data provided will remain secure and confidential.
- Weebly Campus Edition. The tool is applicable for schools and districts, making it possible to create a professional campus website. Project administrators will be able to manage student and teacher accounts from the only integrated dashboard.
- Safety of Student Accounts. The website builder allows setting passwords to all student accounts and it’s up to a teacher to decide, what information will be presented to the public and what will remain confidential. Each student account is safely protected from unauthorized access.
- Flexible Blogging Options. Being one of the best blogging systems, Weebly allows adding a blog to a teacher’s website. This is where you’ll be able to publish your class news, info about the upcoming events, home assignments and other information meant for parents. What’s more, your students will also be able to express their opinions in different blog topics, share their ideas and get comments from other users. Weebly supports the unlimited number of blogs that can be connected to your website, making it possible to manage comments and create open/close dialogues.
Cost: Weebly has a free plan that lets you find out the major highlights of the system and test them on practice. Paid plans for launching ordinary sites start with $4/mo to reach $38/mo. What’s important, Weebly for Education is absolutely free allowing you to create a website with up to 5 pages. If you need a more complex educational project, you should upgrade to the Pro Plan that lets you publish up to 10 websites with unlimited number of pages for $12/mo.
Weebly Campus Edition, in its turn, will cost you $499/year, offering a free 30-day trial to explore it powerful options.
uKit – is the cheapest website builder to start a teacher or a tutor agency website. If you don’t need all the bells and whistles that specialized solutions like Weebly Campus Edition offer, then you can take advantage of this website builder. uKit will work great for the websites of commercial educational institutions that require effective online promotion.
Listed below are the major highlights of the service:
- Education Templates. The website builder lets you choose between dozens of responsive and fully-customizable tutor’s, teacher’s, school’s or kindergarten’s website templates found in its Education section. A convenient template switch option allows changing the templates on any stage of the web design process without losing the content you’ve managed to submit.
- Widget Integration. The system allows integrating some of the most popular tools and widgets that contribute to more effective interaction between teachers, students, parents and other members of the educational process. Some of the most useful widgets include Online Chat, Callback Forms, Social Network Account buttons, MailChimp, SlideShare, News etc.
- Live Chat. The features contribute to active and effective interaction between website owners and visitors. The Live Chat is available in the real-time mode, making it possible for everyone to clear out all the nuances and solve all the problems on time.
- Multimedia Integration. With uKit, you can easily create stunning photo and video galleries, slideshows and sliders. It’s also possible to set up a video background for your website here to enhance its visual presentation.
Cost: uKit is one of the most affordable teacher’s website builders you can find out there. Its pricing policy lets you choose between several reasonable plans, the cost of which starts with $4/mo. The website builder doesn’t have a completely free plan, but it offers a 14-day trial that lets you test the plan you are interested in at no cost.
Ucraft – is a decent cloud website builder, which is convenient and easy-to-use even for non-techies. The service provides an assortment of top notch designer tools, quality website templates, landing pages creator, logo maker and other tools that will give your educational project up-to-date look and excellent performance. Let’s enlist the main advantages of the website builder now:
- Responsive Templates. Even though, the system doesn’t have a separate section with educational templates, it allows choosing between other quality responsive designs to customize them with regard to your needs.
- Landing Page Creator. If your intention is to create a project that will encompass the required information all in one place and without the necessity to add numerous pages, Ucraft lets you start a free landing page absolutely for free.
- Articles App. The feature lets you create and add a blog or a news section that can be updated on a regular basis. This is where you can add and schedule posts or upload media files your visitors might be looking for.
- Free Logo Maker. Adding the logo of your educational establishment will give a website trusted and outstanding look. If you don’t have the one, you can create it using the integrated Ucraft Logo Maker for free.
- Multilanguage Support. Teachers and educational establishments may face the necessity to make their websites available in several languages. Ucraft offers multilingual support feature that lets you launch several versions of your project in languages of your choice.
Cost: Ucraft offers a free plan to everyone, who has an intention to test the features and tools of the website builder. If you are satisfied with the trial result, you can upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions the system offers. The cost of the paid plans starts with $10/mo for the most affordable subscription and goes up to $39/mo for the most costly option.
Bookmark – is an advanced website builder, the AI feature of which will definitely appeal to every newbie. It lets you build a quality educational website by using the power of the Artificial Intelligence that does not compromise with simplicity and convenience. The website builder is a smart choice for everyone, who is not familiar with web design basics yet has the desire and intention to launch a decent project. The main Bookmark features are as follows:
- AIDA Assistant. This is the major highlight of the system, which lets newbies and web design experts create and manage educational websites with responsive design. No coding skills and web development background are needed to start the website with the service – AIDA will automatically generate it for you. What you’ll need is to fill the website with content and that’s it.
- Focus Tool. Bookmark comes with a collection of ready-made modules that can add performance to your educational website. Some of the elements you can make use of include texts, quotes, maps, links, feedback and contact forms, social network buttons and more.
- Events Feature. The feature makes it possible to update your educational website on a regular basis, adding news, plans, events, calendar and other related info. This is the best way to notify website visitors about everything you want them to know.
Cost: Bookmark has a free plan for users, who have an intention to use the system yet wish to find out its major benefits in advance. As soon as you are ready to buy a paid subscription, you’ll have an opportunity to choose between two options, the cost of which constitutes $11.99 and $24.99 per month correspondingly in case you decide to get an annual plan. If you intend to pay for the system use on a monthly basis, these plans will cost you $15 and $30 per month.
Creation of a school website implies the boost of its image in the eyes of pupils, parents and potential investors. A teacher website can help solve lots of tasks. It can notably contribute to the professional activity of its owner, making it more productive, interesting and even profitable.
By getting a website, you or your school will be able to attract the attention of colleagues, pupils and their parents. This is not to mention the recognition of other educational establishments. A website of this type doesn’t need any extra promotion. As soon as the target audience gets to know about it, it will start visiting it on a regular basis.
This ensures organic traffic and quick progress without any promotion at all. If you realize all the advantages of having an educational website and are ready to launch the one of your own, using a website builder will be the best solution. These systems correspond to all the requirements of non-tech savvy users and don’t require the awareness of coding basics. They usually come with templates optimized for mobile viewing, rich choice of design customization tools, features and SEO optimization parameters.
TOP School and Teacher Website Builders:
Wix is a popular all-in-one website builder, which ensures exceptional ease of use, simplicity and affordability. The system is one of the simplest solutions to create websites for teachers and schools. With its clear interface, abundance of customizable niche templates, lots of features and variety of integrated tools, even a newbie will be able to create a website from scratch.
Weebly is a decent website builder to launch websites for teachers and schools, even if your coding skills and experience leave much to be desired. The system features drag-and-drop functionality and is very simple and easy-to-use. With a broad range of tools, functionality features, Weebly for Education and Campus Edition, impressive customizable designs and competitive pricing policy, Weebly is definitely worth the attention.
uKit is a drag-and-drop website builder, which works great for the development of websites for small and medium businesses. It will be of great help to you, if you have an intention to launch a website for a teacher, educational center, kids’ center or any other related commercial institution that requires appealing and professional online presentation.
Ucraft is a cloud-based website builder, which can boast simplicity and extensive design customization options. It comes with advanced designer tools, free landing page creator, logo maker, Articles App, quality responsive templates and other features that let you create and manage a worthy educational website.
Bookmark is a new generation website builder, the highlight of which is AIDA Assistant. It offers a powerful Artificial Intelligence tool and provides multiple design parameters that let you create and update a school or a teacher website with no coding experience required.
Building an educational website shouldn’t be difficult and this is one of the main requirements for this type of websites. Wix and Weebly are two website builders that come up to the completion of any tasks. uKit, Ucraft and Bookmark work better for the development of personal and private educational projects. To decide on the best solution, take your time to test each system and make the right choice.