If you have made up your mind to launch a retail website, then you won’t find a simpler option than using a website builder. These services are specially created with the needs of newbies in mind, but they are also in demand with proficient web developers, who focus on designing client websites.
Website builders make it possible to create stunning, functional and appealing retail websites in a hassle-free and quick way. Mastering them is not a problem for any user with no exceptions, while the result will certainly exceed your expectations.
With so many quality website builders available out there, the choice of the best one may be a challenge. It’s not easy for inexperienced users to compare the features, characteristics and plans of website builders. We’ve compiled the comparison list of the most popular services. Have a look at it now.
Best Retail Website Builders Overview:
|Website Builder||Wix (see review)||Shopify (see review)||uKit (see review)|
|Best for:||Small-to-mid sized Stores||All Kinds of Retail||Small Retail Shops|
|Easiness||A little time to cope with||Takes enough time to learn||Ideal for newcomers|
|Retail Templates:||Widely categorized store themes||Mostly paid templates||Over 350 templates suitable for retail|
|Technical Support:||Live chat, forum help||Ticket support, Help center||24/7 Live chat|
|Selling Options||Separate eCommerce plan||Full Featured eCommerce CMS||Easy Shopping Cart + Ecwid integration|
|SEO Options:||SEO wizard + full pack of SEO options||General SEO options||Full set of SEO + Promotion Advisor|
|Pricing Options:||Free to $24.50/mo||$29 to $299/mo||$4 to $12/mo|
|Real Website Examples:||Wix Examples||Shopify Examples||uKit Examples|
Retail Website Builder: Must-Have Features
The major function of a retail website builder is to simplify the process of website creation, ensuring decent result that comes up to your business needs. Thus, a retail website builder should possess several must-have features, some of which are listed below:
- Ease of Use. Retail website builders should be simple enough to be easily mastered by all users, irrespective of their web building experience. The simpler and the more convenient it is – the more satisfied with the result a user will be. These website builders should come with intuitive dashboards, understandable interface, visual editing options and other features that simplify the web building process.
- Niche-Focused Templates. Retail website builders should come with niche-specific templates that adhere to the specialization of your business. This makes the process of website design much simpler and quicker. What’s more, these templates should be responsive to make your retail website accessible on any mobile device.
- Customization Tools. The range of customization tools is as important as that of templates. By using these tools, you’ll be able to give your retail website unique and catchy design.
- Convenient Website Navigation. A retail website is one of the major means of sales growth and customer attraction. Thus, it should be easy to navigate, regardless of the number of pages and sections it has. This contributes to the ease of search and can seriously affect customer retention rate.
- SEO Functionality. It goes without saying that one of the major goals of launching a retail website is business promotion. Correspondingly, the website builder you will go for should offer a broad spectrum of SEO characteristics and options to ensure high search engine ranking of your retail website.
- Versatile Plans. Businesses differ and so does the budget invested into their development. A nice retail website builder should offer several plans users may choose from depending upon the size of their business and the goals set. The system should offer a free trial to make it possible for a user to test the plan prior to deciding on the upgrade.
If the choice of the best retail website builder still remains a challenge for you, the following review of the most popular services may help you adopt the decision.
These out-of-the-box platforms are easy-to-use and understand and they don’t require any coding skills or knowledge to build a decent website. Instead, they possess the set of features and options needed to reach your web design objectives.
Wix – the Best Website Builder for Retail
Wix website builder is the best solution among similar platforms. You can create a retail website even using a free plan. It’s a perfect way to test how your store will interact with target audience. The cost of complete retail website is several times less than in specified for eCommerce Shopify. Besides, if you catch the Wix sale price, you can build a full-charged retail website for near $16.50/mo – it’s almost free.
eCommerce features: with numerous Wix Templates you can create a retail website with an attractive design. Wix has also lots of helpful apps within Wix App Market, that serve to make the process of shopping as much easier for your customers.
Advantages: over 500 different website templates, intuitive interface
Cost: as it was mentioned above, Wix has a free plan that never expires. The paid packages starting from $4.50/mo. You can upgrade you tariff version at any time you want.
Shopify – the Most Featured for Retail Website Builder
Shopify is rightfully considered to be the most featured solution for retail in eCommerce. This platform has all options and selling instruments you need to create a competitive webstore. Besides, Shopify has its own hardware (like POS terminal etc) aimed to facilitate sellers work.
eCommerce features: the builder itself offers a powerful eCommerce system, and you can also add more functionality by adding Shopify applications. They have a library of apps similar to Wix’s App Market. Here are some apps: Shopify ‘Buy‘ button, recover abandoned carts; sell on Facebook; featured products etc.
Advantages: it’s easy-to-use and has lots of useful options.
Cost: The simplest pricing package (including only adding a ‘Buy’ button to your existing website) costs $9/mo. The full-optioned plan that allows you to build a complete website with Shopify starts from $29/mo.
uKit – The Easiest Website Builder for Retail
uKit is one of the most rapidly developing website builders, which offers a variety of eCommerce options and features that suit the needs of any retail business. It has the required set of tools to enable you to build a full-featured webstore with no serious effort and waste of time. Providing a range of functions, reliable customer support services and ease-of-use, uKit proves to be a great value for you money.
eCommerce features: uKit has an integrated eCommerce widget you can use to develop a retail store. The service also partners with Ecwid – a powerful platform that makes it possible for a user to launch an Ecwid account and integrate it into the retail website. Ecwid lets business owners sell their products across the globe by making use of the multi-currency support. It is available in more than 45 languages and offers over 40 payment options.
Advantages: Availability of more than 360 free responsive templates that are sorted out by industry, reliable customer support, an easy-to-use toolbar with a variety of widgets and web design elements.
Cost: uKit is moderately priced and offers 3 plans to be chosen with regard to your business needs and goals. The cheapest plan costs $4/month, but if you expect to get the revenue from your retail website, it makes sense to upgrade to Premium+ or Pro plans that cost $8/mo and $12/mo correspondingly. The system also allows ordering a custom made website developed by the professional uKit team for $50 only. This is an attractive offer for any business, including the retail one.
How to Create a Retail Website by Yourself
There are lots of problems you have to handle, when you decide to go online and promote your retail business on the web. However, to become successful and lucrative, your business should be presented by a high quality and functional website, which will become a part of its online image, reflecting and highlighting the high standards you have set for your retail company.
It goes without saying that your website should also be properly targeted to attract the attention of your audience, encouraging them to buy from you and making your company stand out from the crowd. Actually, you will avail much more benefits, if you manage to develop a decent retail website.
By investing into this endeavor, you will eventually gain more profit by increasing the amount of sales and driving new customers. Let’s have a look at the must-have elements of a decent retail website now:
- Product Catalogue. It’s impossible to imagine a retail website without a product catalogue that is easy-to-browse. It should present the products you sell in the most favorable light, focusing the attention of users on their benefits. Each product should come with high quality photos (or even video reviews) and a detailed description to let the customers know what they are going to buy.
- Search Box. When managing your retail website, you keep uploading new products and delete those that are not on your sales list anymore. Consequently, it’s not easy for a customer to find the product he/she needs. This is especially true if the product assortment of your retail store is impressive. By adding a search filter to your website, you contribute to the ease of search and comfortable browsing experience. By the way, it would be smart to make it possible for your clients to select the products by certain criteria, which should depend upon the specialization and type of your business.
- News Section. Your new and returning customers will appreciate the availability of the News Section at your retail website. This is the place, where they will be able to find out the recent news, hot deals, discount offers, new products info etc.
- Wish List and Customer Review Section. The availability of the customer review section allows users to look through the comments of other clients, who have already purchased anything from you and wish to share their shopping experience. It’s also a smart idea to add a wish list here, where you customers will be able to notify you about the products they would like to buy from you. This is a pretty nice way to grow your customer base.
- Payment System Buttons. If you have a serious retail business, then you have to offer your customers several payment options to choose from. Make sure there are the payment system icons at your retail website.
- Live Chat or Customer Support Option. Your clients may face problems during the shopping process. The quicker you are able to solve these problems, the higher the customer satisfaction rate will be. By offering your clients a live chat or a customer support option, you make sure their problems will be solved on time.
- Contact Info. This point does not require any explanations. It’s essential to provide your customers with the contact info of your company. This should include the physical address of your office, the telephone number, email, Skype, social network accounts and what not. The more – the better.
To achieve your business goals and generate prospects, you need to choose the most suitable way to get a full-featured and functional website that will meet your business needs and the requirements of your target audience. The choice of the available options is quite extensive nowadays, but the major solutions go down to three variants. You can either create a website yourself (this option implies the awareness of the web design skills, of course), hire a professional web studio or a freelancer to do that for you or use a website builder to cope with the task on your own even if you are a non-techie.
When deciding on the most suitable option, you have to make sure your retail website looks professionally, is functional, rich in content and ensures safe online shopping experience. This is where the use of a credible website builder is the best choice.
Building a quality retail website doesn’t have to be a dreadful or challenging experience. Instead, it’s easy to cope with the task by using a reliable website builder that will help design a full-featured and appealing retail website that will drive the attention of the target audience, thus growing the customer base and increasing the amount of sales.
If you are looking for a specialized eCommerce website builder, then Shopify is what you should go for. It is affordable, functional and niche-oriented. uKit is a great eCommerce building tool as well. With a variety of widgets, Ecwid software integration options and several pricing plans, it can come up to your business needs and expectations. For all those users looking for the universal solution, we recommend using Wix. Offering a rich selection of responsive templates, Wix App Market solutions and moderately-priced plans, this website builder is rightfully considered the best in the niche.