Are you a restaurant owner, who has an idea to establish online presence for your business? If so, then you won’t go without starting a restaurant website. This is the surefire way to boost your brand recognition, build customer base and encourage users to order from you on a regular basis.
Okay, you’ve come up with the idea to launch a restaurant website. What’s next? Your next step should be the choice of the most suitable web building tool – the one, which should comprise ease-of-use, convenience, quality, intuitive nature and affordability. Website builders is what you should initially think about, when deciding to launch an impressive restaurant website.
These services are so simple and convenient that both newbies and professional web designers can use them, when working on their projects. So, what services exactly will come up to your web design tasks and objectives better than others? It’s high time to find that out now.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Restaurant Website Builders:
- Wix – The Best Restaurant Website Builder with Online Ordering
- WordPress – Best Hosted Website Builder for Restaurants
- uKit – Easy-to-use Small Business Website Maker
- SITE123 – Website Builder for Restaurants
- Bluehost – Recommended Hosting for Restaurant Website
- UBER EATS – Food Ordering & Delivery Website Builder
- Gloriafood – Restaurant Online Ordering Software
- UpMenu – Website Builder for Food Delivery
- Squarespace – SaaS Restaurant Website Platform
- Weebly – Website Builder for Gastronomy and Cafe
If you are currently interested in the best restaurant website builders, we’ve selected the most remarkable services that are the harmonious blend of the must-have features and, thus, are really worth the attention.
Wix – The Best Restaurant Website Builder with Online Ordering
Wix – is the best restaurant website builder with online ordering feature, which delivers multiple web development tools, high quality niche templates and extensive design customization options. If you are going to launch a restaurant website with an impressive menu consisting of lots of positions and a large choice of extra services, then Wix will cope with this task on the top notch level. Here are the major advantages of the website builder:
- Restaurant Template Collection. Whether you are going to launch a website for your local cafe, bistro, steak house, food truck or restaurant, amazing mobile-ready Wix templates will give it the right flavor.
- Wix Restaurants Application. This is the highlight of the service, which makes it possible for your customers to order the delivery of dishes and place online orders, paying for them on the web.
- Wix Reservations. The app allows customers to make table reservations directly at the website any time of the day.
- Personalized ShoutOut Emails. The feature makes it possible to notify your guests about new dishes, menu updates, special offers and other events taking place in your restaurant.
- Impressive Online Menu. Your website visitors will be enticed with your website menu – just add and manage your dishes, describe specials and prices, select the layout, upload appealing photos and publish the menu to further share it with customers in social networks or other external services.
- Easy Order Management System. The platform allows taking orders directly from the website, adding menus, offering delivery and pick up services, specifying delivery areas and communicating with the clients in the live mode at no cost at all.
- Customer Reviews and Testimonials. Your guests will be able to leave their reviews and testimonials in the special website section to share their comments, ideas and emotions they’ve got when visiting the place – connect specialized extensions available in the App Market (MyReviews, Customer Reviews, Comments, Yelp, Social Testimonials, Testimonial Builder and Voice Comments+) to enable the feature.
- Customer Interaction Tools. The system also allows using its set of customer interaction tools (Callback widget, 123 Form Builder, Wix Forms, Live Chat, Book Appointments Online, Google Event Calendar, Scheduling Pro, Wix Chat, Events Calendar, Latest News etc.) to stay in touch with your clients.
Wix lets you test its feature set on a free plan for as long as you need that. It also offers a bonus domain name at no cost. The domain name extends for a year, making your restaurant website recognizable and trusted. Thus, your website will be able to withstand niche competition, which is very strong in the restaurant business. Are you sure about getting a paid subscription now? Then go ahead to upgrade to one of the Website Wix plans. Their cost starts at $13/mo, which is a reasonable investment for your restaurant business.
WordPress – Best Hosted Website Builder for Restaurants
WordPress – is the best hosted website builder for restaurants. This is a free downloadable and feature-laden Content Management System (CMS) used to start different types of projects, including restaurant websites. The platform is a good choice both for beginners and web design pros willing to start a functional website. It comes with powerful integration options, code editing options and advanced design customization tools that can give your project a unique and personalized look. Among the features that make WordPress stand out from the crowd, it initially makes sense to mention the following:
- Restaurant Templates. WordPress comes with hundreds of customizable free/paid restaurant templates (both built-in and web-based), which feature high quality and advanced customizability.
- Online Menu Plugins. It is possible to create and add a sleek restaurant menu to your website to effectively present the dishes to current and potential customers (UberMenu, Max Mega Menu, Superfly, Responsive Menu, Hero Menu, Floating Menu Pro etc.).
- Table Reservation Plugins. This is one of the must-have features of any restaurant website and WordPress allows adding it as well to let your customers book tables on the go wherever they are (WooCommerce Product Table, Restaurant Reservations, ReDi Restaurant Reservation, ResRes, Open Table Widget, Restaurant Manager, Booking System PRO etc.).
- Customer Interaction Plugins. The CMS also allows choosing and integrating multiple customer interaction plugins (WP Live Chat, Zopim Live Chat, SupportCandy, uCare, WP ChatBot, Zendesk, Easy Social Share Buttons, Client Portal Plugin, Request Callback Plugin, WP Notification Bar Pro, WP Customer Area etc.), which can enhance user website browsing experience.
WordPress is a completely free CMS, which means that you can download and install it at no cost at all. Mind, however, that integration of third-party plugins and templates is provided at extra cost, which depends upon the plugin/theme chosen. To publish the ready-made project, you will additionally have to invest into hosting and domain name. In this respect, Bluehost is the best solution as it ensures maximum security, credibility and functionality. The cheapest Bluehost plan costs $2.95/mo, which is one of the best pricing options you can find out there.
uKit – Easy-To-Use Small Business Website Maker
uKit – is an easy-to-use small business website maker, which places its major focus on launching projects for entrepreneurs. Cafe and restaurant websites are not an exception. This drag-and-drop system ensures the unsurpassed WYSIWYG experience that allows designing and publishing restaurant websites without being aware of the web design nuances. It is a nice choice for users willing to develop quality websites for small cafes, restaurants and food delivery services. Listed below are the main highlights of the service:
- Impressive Collection of Restaurant Themes. uKit has an impressive collection of Cafe and Restaurant templates, which are responsive, 100% customizable and visually-appealing (you can switch the designs while working on your website development).
- Integrable Widgets. The platform allows connecting any of its integrated widgets in a few clicks only – the choice is really amazing (Facebook widget, Instagram, Twitter, Jivosite, SlideShare, MailChimp, Live Chat etc.).
- Online Selling Options. With uKit, you can start selling your dishes online, making up the menu, receiving orders directly at the website, specifying delivery methods and providing convenient payment options.
- Effective Website Promotion. uKit offers an extensive collection of client attraction and website promotion tools, including online chats, newsletters, callbacks, statistics collection, social media sharing and more.
uKit is one of the cheapest services available out there, which is another undeniable highlight of the website builder. The cheapest plan costs $4 per month, while the price of the most expensive plan constitutes $12 per month. You can buy a subscription for 3, 6 months or for 1-2 years at a time, which will cut down the cost of using the service. It is also possible to order a ready-made website from the system developers at $48 only.
SITE123 – Website Builder for Restaurants
SITE123 – is a quality website builder for restaurants and one of the simplest DIY platforms in the modern web design niche. The system works great for all user categories, especially for newbies. It allows creating full-features and easy-to-browse restaurant websites, which come with distinctive features and convenient drag-and-drop editor, which simplifies the process of website development. Have a look at the most impressive highlights of the website builder now:
- Restaurant Templates. SITE123 has a separate section of restaurant templates, which are free, responsive and customizable by default.
- Multilingual Support. The website builder provides multilingual support, which allows creating several language versions of your restaurant website to make it more understandable for foreign tourists as well as for potential partners.
- App Market. SITE123 allows choosing between lots of functional applications and widgets (Live Chat Support, Analytics Tools, Social, Booking, Galleries, Forms etc.) that can become a worthy addition to your restaurant website.
- Logo Maker. The free Logo Maker grants access to the variety of design elements you can use to create your own logo and integrate it into your restaurant website, if you wish to make it stand out from the crowd.
- Free Form Builder. The platform makes it possible to create and add online forms (registration forms, inquiries, questionnaires etc.) to any website page, if you have the need to let your restaurant website users fill them out.
- Social Media Integration. The system lets you enhance your website reputation and make your website visitors aware of your restaurant news, updates, schedule, plans and special events by viewing this info in the social network accounts.
SITE123 is not only one of the simplest website builders, but it’s also one of the most affordable web building platforms. The system has a free plan, which is everlasting and several paid subscriptions to choose from based on users’ needs. The cheapest SITE123 plan costs $10.80 per month, which is a pretty good offer for first-timers.
Bluehost – Recommended Hosting for Restaurant Website
Bluehost – is a recommended hosting for restaurant websites, which is known for its powerful and reliable niche features. The platform ensures the utmost security, safe data preservation and smooth performance of your project. Bluehost has also distinguished itself as the top hosting provider WordPress officially recommends to its subscribers. The feature set the company comes with is quite impressive and includes the following points:
- Improved Page Load Time. Bluehost ensures high end website performance, which is achieved due to the enhanced web page load time as well as high uptime rates.
- Flexibility. The hosting provider boasts seamless integration with multiple external services, applications, add-ons and extensions that affect the overall performance of your restaurant website.
- Integrated Marketplace. The system grants access to lots of apps, scripts and add-ons that can be extensively used for better restaurant website customization. What’s more, you can browse multiple templates for WordPress websites as well as pick lots of marketing and eCommerce tools to be integrated into your restaurant website.
- Safety Concerns. The company uses a toolset (Spam Expert, Spam Hammer, hotlink protection feature) that contributes to the security of websites hosted on its servers.
Bluehost is an affordable hosting platform, which allows using its entire feature set at moderate cost. The system does not offer any free plans, but the cost of its paid subscriptions fits any budget. Thus, the price of the cheapest Bluehost plan constitutes $2.95/mo. It comes with free SSL Certificate connection option, opportunity to update your WordPress version on a regular basis, unlimited bandwidth and other crucial features.
UBER EATS – Food Ordering & Delivery Website Builder
Uber Eats – is an advanced food ordering and delivery website builder, which provides an easy, convenient and quick way to get the food you like from the local cafe or restaurant. The app unveils an opportunity to pick the location, where you would like to place an order, pick the cuisine or the restaurant/cafe you are interested in. To some extent, the service can be compared to the marketplace of restaurants, where everyone can find a place to order meal delivery. The system lacks customization options and there is no opportunity to start your own restaurant website here. Here is the list of the most crucial highlights of the platform:
- Rich Catalogue of Restaurants. The service enlists hundreds of restaurants users may choose from. What you need is just to scroll the feed to pick the restaurant you like or just fill out the search field to find a certain place you are interested in. As soon as you make the final choice, you should just tap the selected item and add it to the basket.
- Easy Ordering and Delivery Process. To place an order, you have to sign up for the platform, pick the restaurant you prefer, submit the address and watch the details of your order. Thus, you will see the delivery and order data, estimated delivery time, order price with the tax/shipping fee. If everything is ok, you can approve the order and wait for your meal.
- Order Tracking Feature. You can download the Uber Eats app to be able to track the details and current status of your order. The app will also provide the approximate amount of time left until the delivery so that you could be aware of it.
- New Restaurant Registration. The system allows adding your own restaurant to its integrated catalogue, if it’s not yet listed there. What you need to do is just to fill out the registration form and submit it for approval.
The platform is free for registration and use. What you need to pay for is the order you place, including the cost of the dishes you get, their delivery along with the taxes. Mind that the delivery fee now depends upon the location parameter. The longer the distance is, the higher the cost will eventually be.
Gloriafood – Restaurant Online Ordering Software
Gloriafood – is a free restaurant online ordering software used to drive online sales, irrespective of your restaurant business size and popularity. The platform allows accepting the unlimited number of orders with zero fees. Gloriafood makes it possible to run a restaurant website, but it definitely lacks functionality and design customization options as compared to the top website builders. The list of the most crucial Gloriafood features is as follows:
- Restaurant Widgets. The platform grants access to several easy-to-spot restaurant widgets like See Menu & Order, Table Reservations, Online Ordering & Restaurant Reservation widget and many more.
- Downloadable Application. The service lets you download Gloriafood app to make it easy to accept and track online orders from any device you have at hand. This is very convenient for each and every user, who plans to use the platform on a regular basis.
- Online Food Ordering System. The software comes with a set of features that are a must for convenient food ordering. You can either place an order directly on the website, via the app or using the Facebook Ordering option. The latter is free and allows making use of the Facebook ordering app to let customers easily place their orders online.
- Table Reservations. Gloriafood provides reliable free table reservation system, which is everlasting and does not require the investment of any monthly subscriptions fees. No extra expenses are needed per each booking or guest as well, when using the feature. What’s more, users are not only allowed to make a table reservation online, but also to order food in advance. This eventually reduces the amount of waiting time, boosts customer satisfaction rate and helps grow your restaurant-related profits.
- Scheduled Orders. The feature lets customers place their orders online, scheduling them for later delivery or pick up. This makes it possible to accept orders 24/7, ensuring maximum customer convenience.
Gloriafood is a convenient DIY online ordering system, which is absolutely free for each user. It provides multiple benefits at no cost at all, including unlimited orders and locations, no monthly or order commission fees, no credit card or contracts. The system does not imply any hidden costs or set up fees. Instead, it offers an impressive variety of free features, such as website ordering and table reservation widgets, Facebook ordering app, order ahead tool, picture galleries, detailed reports, promo coupons and special deals. Additionally, the software offers optional services, which are paid. These include online/credit card payment service ($29/mo), advanced promo marketing ($19/mo), sales optimized websites ($9/mo), branded mobile apps ($59/mo) and many more.
UpMenu – Website Builder for Food Delivery
UpMenu – is a professional website builder for food delivery that allows starting quality projects in less than 5 minutes. The use of the system does not imply deep coding skills as it is mostly focused on the needs of beginners. UpMenu comes with an abundance of options that let you turn your website visitors into potential customers due to its integrated ordering system, quality designs and powerful integrated functionality. To decide on further system use, have a look at its features now:
- Integrated Theme Store. The website builder comes with an integrated theme store, where you can pick food-related designs that are mobile-ready, free, customizable and self-sustaining by default.
- Content Management System. The system implies the possibility to match your restaurant web design with your brand identity via the use of its CMS platform.
- Free Hosting and SSL Certificate. With UpMenu, you don;thave to worry about hosting search or project safety – these features are available in all the plans by default.
- Restaurant Online Ordering Software. The system allows accepting orders via your website to increase sales and generated profit as well as to save on commission required by third-party platforms.
- Table Booking App. You can earn more with the software by letting your clients make table reservations online, which also helps save your time and that of your visitors.
- Third-Party Integrations. To enhance your restaurant website functionality, the system allows integrating external widgets and add-ons, including those for POS software application, channel management, delivery and payments, marketing and CMS – dozens of extensions are within reach here.
UpMenu offers a 7-day free trial, which is enough to let you test all the features the software has in stock. If you decide to keep working with the platform, you will be offered three premium subscriptions to choose from. The most affordable of them is Basic Plan, the cost of which constitutes $49 per month or per restaurant.
Squarespace – SaaS Restaurant Website Platform
Squarespace – is a credible SaaS restaurant website platform, which can be used by all user categories. There is no need to learn intricate coding nuances to work with the system – so intuitive and convenient it is both for beginners and for web design experts. However, some time may be required to explore all the features the platform has in stock. The most important of them are provided below:
- Restaurant Templates. The website builder has a separate category of free, responsive and customizable restaurant templates, which currently includes 15 professional and stylish designs.
- eCommerce. Squarespace comes with an integrated and quite powerful eCommerce engine, which lets you sell online, thus promoting your restaurant project.
- Multilingual Websites. Due to the multilingual tool, it is now possible to run several language versions of your restaurant website to make it easier to use for foreign customers and even partners.
- High End Integrations. To enhance your project, the system allows for the connection of extra plugins and widgets available in stock here (online calendar, Unfold App, Google Maps for convenient local listing publication, Acuity Scheduling Platform etc. should be the first to mention).
- Image Customization. Driving user attention becomes easier with Squarespace as the platform offers an extensive selection of image customization tools (Logo Maker, Image Editor, Cover Page Builder, Page Editor etc.).
The website builder doesn’t offer free trials or free plans to new subscribers. If you intend to sue the system, you will have to pick one of its premium plans at once. There are currently four subscriptions to choose from. The most affordable plan costs $12/mo.
Weebly – Website Builder for Gastronomy and Cafe
Weebly – is a professional website builder for gastronomy and cafe websites. The system targets non-coders, offering a broad spectrum of design customization options and integrations. At the same time, it has much to offer to more proficient users, who wish to get the most out of the system’s functionality. Along with baseline web design features, Weebly provides powerful eCommerce tools. Here are the most essential merits of the software
- Powerful eCommerce Engine. Having gained strong eCommerce focus after its merge with Square in 2018, Weebly allows creating impressive restaurant websites with extensive online selling options.
- Blogging. Along with eCommerce functionality, the system offers blogging tools that make it possible to connect and manage blog pages to drive the attention of potential customers.
- App Center. For those users, who intend to give their restaurant websites more advanced functionality, Weebly allows integrating widgets like LiveChat or Call-Out-Box from its App Center.
- Video Hosting Alternatives. Making your restaurant website more attractive is now possible by integrating quality videos, which can be done in one of two ways – either by YouTube video hosting or by adding the files directly to the system servers.
- Weebly Promote Tool. To enhance the efficacy of your email marketing campaign, the website builder allows using Weebly Promote Tool available in stock.
Weebly offers reasonable pricing policy, providing versatile plans for all types of subscribers. There is also an opportunity to explore the entire feature set of the system on its free plan. It lasts for the unlimited period of time. To get access to more advanced features and tools, upgrading to the premium plan is a must. Weebly has several subscriptions to match diverse user needs. Their cost starts at $6/mo.
How to Choose the Best Website Builder for a Restaurant or Cafe
As a restaurant/cafe owner, you certainly face the need to promote your brand, fight with niche competition and grow customer base. One of the most effective ways to reach worthy result is to start a website that will represent your business online, targeting the right audience. Website builders are professional tools to help you get started with ease. The question is: how to pick the best platform for your project? Let’s answer this question below.
- All-In-One or Specialized?
When starting a restaurant website, you have an opportunity to choose either an all-in-one website builder or a specialized platform. The choice mainly depends upon your project type, complexity and integrated functionality. If you need a simple website with baseline features just to promote your brand popularity, the all-in-one system will let you cope with the task. However, if you intend to launch a large-scale restaurant/cafe website with integrated booking functionality, online ordering and other niche features, it definitely makes sense to go for a specialized website builder.
- Must-Have Pages
When it tackles the issue of restaurant website development, it becomes obvious that your project will not go without niche-specific pages. These include About Us page, User Testimonials, Contacts, Reservations/Booking, Live Chat Support and more. Thus, you should look for a website builder, which allows integrating these and other features.
Design aspect also matters a lot. It is recommended that a website builder should have a collection of restaurant/cafe templates as well as extensive image/video integration options. Most users pay attention to the overall impression they get, when visiting your website. So, browse the design category of a system you plan to go for to make sure it complies with your restaurant focus.
Website builders (both all-in-one and specialized) provide diverse features and tools and, thus, differ in the cost aspect. The simpler the system is, the more affordable plans it offers and the more serious aspirations/goals you have, the more budget you will have to invest. Mind that specialized platforms are generally more expensive due to their narrow focus, but many of them offer features you won’t find in standard web design systems.
There are multiple aspects to consider, when choosing the right website builder for your restaurant/cafe website. Listed above are the most crucial factors that should affect your decision. Analyze your business requirements and take your time to explore several options to come up with the best solution.
A restaurant website is not a whim, but a must-have for any cafe or restaurant owner willing to boost business performance and grow customer base. It’s quite understandable that most entrepreneurs often don’t have a single idea of how to create a website and make it popular. By using website builders, you pursue several important objectives at a time – building a website, engaging user attention, growing customer base, promoting your business and generating profit.
Website building and online ordering software tools reviewed in the article are the best in the niche and guarantee top notch result. If you are right about to start a restaurant website, then don’t underestimate the importance of testing each of these services to find out their major features and characteristics. This is the best way to make sure you will make the right choice.