Are you a restaurant owner, who has an idea to establish online presence for your business? If so, then you won’t go without starting a restaurant website. This is the surefire way to boost your brand recognition, build customer base and encourage users to order from you on a regular basis.
Okay, you’ve come up with the idea to launch a restaurant website. What’s next? Your next step should be the choice of the most suitable web building tool – the one, which should comprise ease-of-use, convenience, quality, intuitive nature and affordability. Website builders is what you should initially think about, when deciding to launch an impressive restaurant website.
These services are so simple and convenient that both newbies and professional web designers can use them, when working on their projects. So, what services exactly will come up to your web design tasks and objectives better than others? It’s high time to find that out now.
We Tested Out 8 Of The Best Restaurant Website Builders:
- Wix – The Best Restaurant Website Builder with Online Ordering
- WordPress – Best Hosted Website Builder for Restaurants
- uKit – Easy-to-use Small Business Website Maker
- SITE123 – Website Builder for Restaurants
- Bookmark – AI-powered Website Builder for Restaurants
- Bluehost – Recommended Hosting for Restaurant Website
- UBER EATS – Food Ordering & Delivery Website Builder
- Gloriafood – Restaurant Online Ordering Software
If you are currently interested in the best restaurant website builders, we’ve selected the most remarkable services that are the harmonious blend of the must-have features and, thus, are really worth the attention.
Wix – The Best Restaurant Website Builder with Online Ordering
Wix – is the best restaurant website builder, which comes with abundance of web development tools, high quality niche templates and extensive design customization options. If you are going to launch a restaurant website with an impressive menu consisting of lots of positions and a large choice of extra services, then Wix will cope with this task on the top notch level. Here are the major advantages of the website builder:
- Restaurant Template Collection. Whether you are going to launch a website for your local cafe, bistro, steak house, food truck or restaurant, amazing mobile-ready Wix templates will give it the right flavor.
- Wix Restaurants Application. This is the highlight of the service, which makes it possible for your customers to order the delivery of dishes and place online orders, paying for them on the web.
- Impressive Online Menu. Your website visitors will be enticed with your website menu – just add and manage your dishes, describe specials and prices, select the layout, upload appealing photos and publish the menu to further share it with customers in social networks or other external services.
- Easy Order Management System. The platform allows taking orders directly from the website, adding menus, offering delivery and pick up services, specifying delivery areas and communicating with the clients in the live mode at no cost at all.
- Wix Reservations. The app allows customers to make table reservations directly at the website any time of the day.
- Personalized ShoutOut Emails. The feature makes it possible to notify your guests about new dishes, menu updates, special offers and other events taking place in your restaurant.
- Customer Reviews and Testimonials. Your guests will be able to leave their reviews and testimonials in the special website section to share their comments, ideas and emotions they’ve got when visiting the place. For this very purpose, Wix allows integrating specialized extensions and widgets that are available in the App Market. Among the widgets you can pick for this purpose, the system offers MyReviews, Customer Reviews, Comments, Yelp, Social Testimonials, Testimonial Builder and Voice Comments+ to mention a few.
- Customer Interaction Tools. The system also allows using its a set of customer interaction tools to stay in touch with your clients. These widgets/extensions are also available in the Wix App Market and you can access those of them that will contribute to your website performance. The most popular of them include Callback widget, 123 Form Builder, Wix Forms, Live Chat, Book Appointments Online, Google Event Calendar, Scheduling Pro, Wix Chat, Events Calendar, Latest News and many more.
Wix cost is moderate and quite affordable. The website builder has a free plan, which is never ending and can be used to test the feature set of the service for the unlimited time interval. Free subscription lets you explore Wix options to realize what you can expect from the platform, but it doesn’t work well for the development of a full-featured website. As soon as you decide to start a restaurant website with Wix and to make it accessible on the web, you won’t go without a paid subscription.
What’s important, the website builder makes it possible to use the entire feature set of its paid subscriptions, offering a bonus domain name at no cost. The domain name xtends for a year, making your restaurant website recognizable and trusted. Thus, your website will be able to withstand niche competition, which is very strong in the restaurant business. Are you sure about getting a paid subscription now? Then go ahead to upgrade to one of the Standard Wix plans. Their cost starts from $13/mo, which is a reasonable investment for your restaurant business.
WordPress – Best Hosted Website Builder for Restaurants
WordPress – is a free downloadable and feature-laden Content Management System (CMS) used to start different types of projects, including restaurant websites. The platform is a good choice both for beginners and web design pros willing to start a functional website. It comes with powerful integration options, code editing options and advanced design customization tools that can give your project unique and personalized look. Among the features that make WordPress stand out from the crowd, it initially makes sense to mention the following:
- Restaurant Templates. WordPress comes with hundreds of customizable restaurant templates, which feature high quality and advanced customizability. Apart from the built-in designs, the system makes it possible to choose from lots of external templates that are developed by third-party users and proficient web developers. These templates can be free and paid, but mind that free designs are not altogether safe because of the potential malware threats.
- Online Menu Plugins. It is possible to create and add a sleek restaurant menu to your website to effectively present the dishes to current and potential customers (UberMenu, Max Mega Menu, Superfly, Responsive Menu, Hero Menu, Floating Menu Pro etc.).
- Table Reservation Plugins. This is one of the must-have features of any restaurant website and WordPress allows adding it as well to let your customers book tables on the go wherever they are (WooCommerce Product Table, Restaurant Reservations, ReDi Restaurant Reservation, ResRes, Open Table Widget, Restaurant Manager, Booking System PRO etc.).
- Customer Interaction Plugins. The CMS also allows choosing and integrating multiple customer interaction plugins, which can enhance user website browsing experience. Among the plugins that can contribute to your customer interaction convenience it makes sense to mention WP Live Chat, Zopim Live Chat, SupportCandy, uCare, WP ChatBot, Zendesk, Easy Social Share Buttons, Client Portal Plugin, Request Callback Plugin, WP Notification Bar Pro, WP Customer Area and many more.
WordPress is a completely free CMS, which means that you can download and install it at no cost at all. Mind, however, that integration of third-party plugins and templates is provided at extra cost, which depends upon the plugin/theme chosen. To publish the ready-made project, you will additionally have to invest into hosting and domain name.
The cost will also be affected by the terms of the hosting plan you will go for, the domain zone you will prefer and some other nuances. In this respect, Bluehost is the best solution as it ensures maximum security, credibility and functionality. What’s more, Bluehost offers a bonus domain name, which ensures worthy web presence for your restaurant website as well as its reliable promotion. The cheapest Bluehost plan costs $2.95/mo, which is one of the best pricing options you can find out there.
uKit – Easy-To-Use Small Business Website Maker
uKit – is a website builder, which places its major focus on launching small business websites. This is what makes the platform a perfect solution for cafe and restaurant websites. This drag-and-drop system ensures the unsurpassed WYSIWYG experience that allows designing and publishing restaurant websites without being aware of the web design nuances. It is a nice choice for users willing to develop quality websites for small cafes, restaurants and food delivery services. Listed below are the main highlights of the service:
- Impressive Collection of Restaurant Themes. uKit has an impressive collection of Cafe and Restaurant templates, which are responsive, 100% customizable and visually-appealing (you can switch the designs while working on your website development).
- Online Selling Options. With uKit, you can start selling your dishes online, making up the menu, receiving orders directly at the website, specifying delivery methods and providing convenient payment options.
- Effective Website Promotion. uKit offers an extensive collection of client attraction and website promotion tools, including online chats, newsletters, callbacks, statistics collection, social media sharing and more.
- Integrable Widgets. The platform allows connecting any of its integrated widgets in a few clicks only – the choice is really amazing (Facebook widget, Instagram, Twitter, Jivosite, SlideShare, MailChimp, Live Chat etc.).
- Website Preview. The website builder makes it possible not only to design a restaurant website with no coding involved, but it also lets you control the process of website development due to the integrated and convenient preview feature. It allows tracking all the stages of the website creation process in details to be able to fix the errors on time. The preview feature also lets you see the way your website looks on mobile and desktop devices.
uKit is one of the cheapest services available out there, which is another undeniable highlight of the website builder. The cheapest plan costs $4 per month, while the price of the most expensive plan constitutes $12 per month. You can buy a subscription for 3, 6 months or for 1-2 years at a time, which will cut down the cost of using the service. It is also possible to order a ready-made website from the system developers at $48 only.
SITE123 – Website Builder for Restaurants
SITE123 – is one of the simplest DIY website builders, which work great for all user categories especially for newbies. The platform allows creating full-features and easy-to-browse restaurant websites, which come with distinctive features and convenient drag-and-drop editor, which simplifies the process of website development. Have a look at the most impressive highlights of the website builder now:
- Multilingual Support. The website builder provides multilingual support, which allows creating several language versions of the website. This will make your restaurant website more understandable for foreign tourists as well as for potential partners.
- Logo Maker. SITE123 allows designing your website logo, if you don’t have the one yet. The free Logo Maker grants access to the variety of design elements you can use to create your own logo and integrate it into your restaurant website, if you wish to make it stand out from the crowd.
- Free Form Builder. The platform makes it possible to create and add online forms to any website page, if you have the need to let your restaurant website users fill them out. These can be registration forms, inquiries, questionnaires and what not. The website builder offers multiple custom form layouts you can use to build online forms and to give them required design.
- App Market. SITE123 allows choosing between lots of functional applications and widgets that can become a worthy addition to your restaurant website. Some of these include Live Chat Support, Analytics Tools, Social, Booking, Galleries, Forms and many more.
- Social Media Integration. The website builder allows for social media integration. The system lets you enhance your website reputation and make your website visitors aware of your restaurant news, updates, schedule, plans and special events by viewing this info in the social network accounts.
SITE123 is not only one of the simplest website builders, but it’s also one of the most affordable web building platforms. The system has a free plan, which is everlasting and several paid subscriptions to choose from based on users’ needs. The cheapest SITE123 plan costs $10.80 per month, which is a pretty good offer for first-timers.
Bookmark – AI-Powered Website Builder for Restaurants
Bookmark – is the new-generation website builder powered by the Artificial Intelligence. This feature makes the platform a perfect solution for the development of all types of projects, including restaurant websites. There is no need to possess coding skills or preliminary web design expertise to work with the website builder and to master its feature set. The integrated AI tool will let you watch and control the website development process, following simple guidelines it generates by default. Here is the list of features Bookmark offers to each and every subscriber:
- AIDA Assistant. The integrated advanced Artificial Intelligence tool automatically creates websites for you, using information you submit upon the system’s request. What you need is to provide answers to the questions the website builder offers and to upload the content you’d like to be integrated into your project. The website builder will do the rest of the job for you.
- Events Feature. If you wish to let your customers know about the upcoming events and plans related to your restaurant, the Events Feature will certainly come in handy to you. It allows uploading the updated info about the expected news, plans, special offers and other special events that tackle your restaurant business.
- eCommerce Engine. If you intend to start selling something via your restaurant website, you will certainly benefit from using the eCommerce feature set Bookmark offers to its subscribers.
- Focus Feature. Bookmark comes with a set of ready-made content blocks you may choose from. It’s up to you to pick, arrange and customize the blocks to match your restaurant website specialization. Among the modules you may choose from, it makes sense to mention maps, quotes, texts, links, contact and feedback forms, social network buttons and many more.
Bookmark has flexible and moderate pricing policy. There is a free plan, which never expires and two paid subscriptions. The cost of the cheapest plan constitutes $11.99 per month, if you decide to make the yearly payment. In case you wish to pay monthly fees, you should know that the cost of the plans will be somewhat higher. Thus, the price of the most affordable plan will constitute $15 per month.
Bluehost – Recommended Hosting for Restaurant Website
Bluehost – is a powerful and reliable hosting provider, which is recommended for storing all kinds of websites. Restaurant websites are not an exception. The platform ensures the utmost security, safe data preservation and smooth performance of your project. Bluehost has also distinguished itself as the top hosting provider WordPress officially recommends to its subscribers. The feature set the company comes with is quite impressive and includes the following points:
- Improved Page Load Time. Bluehost ensures high end website performance, which is achieved due to the enhanced web page load time as well as high uptime rates. The platform additionally offers a set of integrated tools and features that contribute to better website functioning, irrespective of the amount of generated traffic.
- Flexibility. The hosting provider boasts seamless integration with multiple external services, applications, add-ons and extensions that affect the overall performance of your restaurant website.
- Integrated Marketplace. The system grants access to lots of apps, scripts and add-ons that can be extensively used for better restaurant website customization. What’s more, you can browse multiple templates for WordPress websites as well as pick lots of marketing and eCommerce tools to be integrated into your restaurant website.
- Safety Concerns. Bluehost undertakes special measures to ensure maximum safety of websites stored on its hosting. With this purpose, the company uses a toolset that contributes to website security. These include Spam Expert, Spam Hammer, hotlink protection feature etc.
Bluehost is an affordable hosting platform, which allows using its entire feature set at moderate cost. The system does not offer any free plans, but the cost of its paid subscriptions fits any budget. Thus, the price of the cheapest Bluehost plan constitutes $2.95/mo. It comes with free SSL Certificate connection option, opportunity to update your WordPress version on a regular basis, unlimited bandwidth and other crucial features. Additionally, you will get an opportunity to connect a free domain name to your restaurant website, thus, ensuring worthy web presentation and development.
UBER EATS – Food Ordering & Delivery Website Builder
Uber Eats – is an advanced food ordering and delivery platform, which provides an easy, convenient and quick way to get the food you like from the local cafe or restaurant. The app unveils an opportunity to pick the location, where you would like to place an order, pick the cuisine or the restaurant/cafe you are interested in. To some extent, the service can be compared to the marketplace of restaurants, where everyone can find a place to order meal delivery. The system lacks customization options and there is no opportunity to start your own restaurant website here. Here is the list of the most crucial highlights of the platform:
- Rich Catalogue of Restaurants. The service enlists hundreds of restaurants users may choose from. What you need is just to scroll the feed to pick the restaurant you like or just fill out the search field to find a certain place you are interested in. As soon as you make the final choice, you should just tap the selected item and add it to the basket.
- Easy Ordering and Delivery Process. To place an order, you have to sign up for the platform, pick the restaurant you prefer, submit the address and watch the details of your order. Thus, you will see the delivery and order data, estimated delivery time, order price with the tax/shipping fee. If everything is ok, you can approve the order and wait for your meal.
- Order Tracking Feature. You can download the Uber Eats app to be able to track the details and current status of your order. The app will also provide the approximate amount of time left until the delivery so that you could be aware of it.
- New Restaurant Registration. The system allows adding your own restaurant to its integrated catalogue, if it’s not yet listed there. What you need to do is just to fill out the registration form and submit it for approval.
The platform is free for registration and use. What you need to pay for is the order you place, including the cost of the dishes you get, their delivery along with the taxes. Mind that the delivery fee now depends upon the location parameter. The longer the distance is, the higher the cost will eventually be.
Gloriafood – Restaurant Online Ordering Software
Gloriafood – is a free online ordering system for restaurants. The software is used to drive online sales, irrespective of your restaurant business size and popularity. The platform allows accepting the unlimited number of orders with zero fees. Gloriafood makes it possible to run a restaurant website, but it definitely lacks functionality and design customization options as compared to the top website builders. The list of the most crucial Gloriafood features is as follows:
- Restaurant Widgets. The platform grants access to several easy-to-spot restaurant widgets like See Menu & Order, Table Reservations, Online Ordering & Restaurant Reservation widget and many more.
- Downloadable Application. The service lets you download Gloriafood app to make it easy to accept and track online orders from any device you have at hand. This is very convenient for each and every user, who plans to use the platform on a regular basis.
- Online Food Ordering System. The software comes with a set of features that are a must for convenient food ordering. You can either place an order directly on the website, via the app or using the Facebook Ordering option. The latter is free and allows making use of the Facebook ordering app to let customers easily place their orders online.
- Table Reservations. Gloriafood provides reliable free table reservation system, which is everlasting and does not require the investment of any monthly subscriptions fees. No extra expenses are needed per each booking or guest as well, when using the feature. What’s more, users are not only allowed to make a table reservation online, but also to order food in advance. This eventually reduces the amount of waiting time, boosts customer satisfaction rate and helps grow your restaurant-related profits.
- Scheduled Orders. The feature lets customers place their orders online, scheduling them for later delivery or pick up. This makes it possible to accept orders 24/7, ensuring maximum customer convenience.
Gloriafood is a convenient DIY online ordering system, which is absolutely free for each user. It provides multiple benefits at no cost at all, including unlimited orders and locations, no monthly or order commission fees, no credit card or contracts. The system does not imply any hidden costs or set up fees. Instead, it offers an impressive variety of free features, such as website ordering and table reservation widgets, Facebook ordering app, order ahead tool, picture galleries, detailed reports, promo coupons and special deals.
Additionally, the software offers optional services, which are paid. These include online/credit card payment service ($29/mo), advanced promo marketing ($19/mo), sales optimized websites ($9/mo), branded mobile apps ($59/mo) and many more.
A restaurant website is a not a whim, but a must-have for any cafe or restaurant owner willing to boost business performance and grow customer base. It’s quite understandable that most entrepreneurs often don’t have a single idea of how to create a website and make it popular. By using website builders, you pursue several important objectives at a time – building a website, engaging user attention, growing customer base, promoting your business and generating profit.
Website building and online ordering software tools reviewed in the article are the best in the niche and guarantee top notch result. If you are right about to start a restaurant website, then don’t underestimate the importance of testing each of these services to find out their major features and characteristics. This is the best way to make sure you will make the right choice.