One of the first resources people turn to when looking for a new dwelling is definitely the global network. That’s why, having a website is not a whim, but a must for each real estate agent, who aims at attracting new clients. The best way to create a real estate website today is to use website builders. This is a surefire solution to increase your chances to withstand niche competition that is quite tough nowadays.
Comparing Best Real Estate Website Builders
|Best for:||Property Agencies||Real Estate Agents|
|Easiness||Need several hours to learn||Best for newbies|
|Real Estate Templates:||Pre-designed templates for real estate agencies||Mostly templates for real estate agent|
|Technical Support:||Email support, forum answers, live chat||24/7 real time Live-chat Support|
|Blogging Options||Built-in blogging engine||Could be integrated via News widget|
|SEO Options:||SEO Wizard||Promotion widget|
|Pricing Options:||Free to $24.50/mo||$4 to $12/mo|
A well-designed real estate website is like a billboard showcasing the services of a company. Here are some of the benefits a real estate agent may avail when getting a website to represent the business:
- Company branding and reputation enhancement. Most people believe that companies, which have professionally looking websites, are more trustworthy and credible. Thus, they give preference to such agencies over those that don’t have their websites yet. Having addressed you once, most clients will hardly have the desire to look for another company, if they are satisfied with your offers and quality of servicing, of course.
- Important information source. A website is a valuable source of company-related information. This is where all current and potential clients get to know important business info and updates.
- Expansion of business geography. Having a website makes it possible to reach people, who live in locations found far from the town you work in. As a result, you get more clients, grow your business reputation and generate profit. You can even deal with clients, who live in other countries of the world and are looking for real estate property in your location. It is impossible to achieve that without a website.
- 24/7 accessibility. A website is accessible any time of the day, which is a huge benefit for local and foreign clients. It’s also an advantage for you, because you don’t have to be present in the office all the day long. Instead, you can invest this time into your current business and home tasks.
- Independence. When having a website of your own, you are not dependent on other real estate agencies and focus on your client base only. This makes it simpler to withstand niche competition without losing clients.
There is a variety of website builders you can use to launch your real estate website. All of them come with their features, pros and cons, but there are still common requirements each service should meet to let you create a quality and appealing property website, namely:
- Ease of use. As a rule, real estate agents don’t have web design skills and experience. This means that a website builder should be simple and easy to use to prevent the necessity to spend days and nights struggling with complicated coding nuances.
- Affordability. Real estate agents are not interested in building multi-functional and large-scale projects. What they need is a simple website providing information about their business, contact details and showcasing the available offers. Website builders are affordable enough to adhere to these goals.
- Availability of thematic templates. Most website builders have thematic templates, but not all of them offer real estate themes. Instead, owners of real estate agencies give preference to thematic templates as they require less customization. What’s more, these templates should be mobile responsive to enable users to browse through the websites on any mobile device.
- Portfolio presentation. It’s a must for a real estate website to provide portfolio presentation option. How else can a real estate agent showcase the available objects meant for rent, sale or buying? Actually, this is one of the most decisive factors for lots of real estate agents and their clients.
There are different website builders that meet the requirements mentioned above and can be chosen as a major real estate website building tool, but Wix and uKit still remain the leaders on this list. Let’s have a look now at the features that make them stand out from the crowd.
Wix: The Best Website Builder for Real Estate Agents (Realtors)
Wix is meant for beginners who have nothing to do with web development. It’s a completely code-free site builder. Wix is known for its huge collection of modern templates and intuitive editor.
Amongst template categories there is a separate category ‘Real Estate’ where you can find a template you like. Now you can choose between Standard Wix Editor and Wix ADI – an intuitive system wizard, which help you with creating a stunning website. It’s really unique Wix feature, that is unparalleled yet.
You may also check out of what real Wix-based sites look like.
Pricing: from $4.50/mo to $24.50/mo with annual subscription. The first paid plan, called ‘Connect Domain’, allows connecting of own domain to Wix website, but ad-banner is still on it. To remove that annoying advert, you should upgrade your subscription plan to at lest ‘Combo’, which costs $8.50/mo. If you want to organize online store with real estate ready for sale, than you have to choose ‘eCommerce’ plan for $16.50/mo.
You may also try to see how your website will look like, using Wix free plan. There is no trial period here, but the most part of features will be unavailable. Besides, until you upgrade to one of premium plans, the web-address of your site will look like username.wix.com/yoursite.
uKit: The Website Builder with High-Quality Templates for Real Estate
uKit is a completely code-free site builder that’s being targeted at small businesses. Its drag-and-drop interface provides a total WYSIWYG experience, making it possible to design and publish a professional-looking site in 30 minutes.
uKit offers various website templates that you can start with; make sure you choose the Real Estate category to get a template better suited to your needs.
Once you’ve chosen a theme, you’ll be asked to enter a web address (this can be changed later) and your business information. Upon completion, you’ll be redirected to the control panel where you can start customizing the chosen template using the site builder’s visual interface.
Pricing: uKit has four opportunities of subscription: Premium, Premium+, eCommerce and Pro plans. They only differs by the number of extra features you will receive.
- Premium: for $4/mo you receive a full-featured set of tools, which include all needed functional for creating a real-estate website too.
- Premium+: for $8/mo in addition to Premium features you gain Live Chat support, access to premium designs and goals in Google Analytics.
- eCommerce: for $9.6/mo in addition to Premium+ features you gain very easy and convenient Shopping Cart option.
- Pro: for $12/mo in addition Premium+ you can insert or change a source code of your website. This could be useful when you decide to include IDX listing to your website.
Being a serious business solution, uKit has no free plan. But you can test all of its main functions during 7-days trial period and than make a choice. To see what real websites can be made with uKit, take a look at my handpicked collection of uKit website examples. Some of them are of near-to real estate topic.
How to Create a Real Estate Website
It’s super easy to create a real estate website with one of the website builders reviewed above. Just follow the 5 steps mentioned below to get the expected result:
- Sign Up for the Service. Prior to starting building your website, you need to sign up for the system. This will grant you access to the dashboard and all the tools you will need to develop a project. The registration procedure is quick and won’t take you longer than a couple of minutes.
- Select a Template. Take your time to look through all the templates the system offers, especially those that are thematic. Choose the one, the design of which comes up to your needs and preferences most of all.
- Fill the Template with Content. Replace the demo content with that of your own. You can remove the blocks that come with the template and add those sections that are important for your business.
- Connect the domain name. Most systems offer subdomains of their own, but they are not good when it comes to SEO promotion and usability. By upgrading your account, you will get a chance to choose and connect the domain name of your own – the one your clients will easily memorize.
- Publish it! Having completed simple steps mentioned above, it’s high time to publish the website. If you need to make any changes, you can easily do that as often as you wish without any extra assistance. This is simple, convenient, quick and hassle-free – right what a busy real estate agent needs!
How a Real Estate Website Should Look
To become effective and come up to your requirements, a real estate website should include several must-have elements. There are general requirements that will help you create a functional real estate website, irrespective of its type:
- Simple and appealing design, devoid of abundance of bright colors. It’s desirable to use your company brands style here, including colors, emblems, logo, fonts etc.
- Convenient and understandable structure, which should allow users find the required information with no problems and waste of time. Browse the websites of your niche competitors to watch their structure and use it as the basis for your own project.
- Contacts. The availability of this section does not require any explanations. Your clients should have your business contacts at hand to be able to get in touch with you when necessary.
- Online consultants. The thing is that most clients are not aware of all the nuances of real estate operations and may need qualified assistance. Add a feedback form, a live chat and other elements to enable them get online help any time of the day. The quicker a consultant will answer the questions, the higher the chances are that a user will become your client.
- Portfolio. A real estate website is unthinkable without a portfolio, which should include the photos and detailed descriptions of all the objects available for rent, sale or purchase. Most users look for this very information and your website should present it in the most favorable light.
- Information about a real estate agent. Just like the clients are interested in portfolio, they would like to find out more about a real estate agent. Make sure to include this information into a website. It should provide the facts about certification, participation in professional associations, courses and what not.
Having a website is a priority to any real estate agent, who is seriously interested in business promotion and client base growth. Such website will be a valuable tool to attract new users, making them aware of all the required company info.
There are different ways to build a website today, but using website builders is the most reasonable solution. These services are easy to use, convenient, affordable and intuitive.
Website builders come with all those features inexperienced users need to create functional and visually appealing websites. These include a rich choice of pre-designed thematic templates that are mobile optimized, powerful website customization tools, editing options etc. The availability of these features ensures excellent result.