Having a photography website is a must for everyone, who wants to pursue the career in the photography niche and needs a source to present the works of art in favorable light.
How can you get the one, however, if you have never been involved in web design niche before or just don’t have time to develop the project on your own? There is a solution that will be a great way out of this situation: the use of photography website builders will help you launch a website.
Website builders are the most suitable tools to launch and manage websites. Their simplicity, convenience, ease of navigation, rich feature set and affordability often prove to be the decisive factors that speak in favor of their application by photographers with different web design background and diverse aspirations. You don’t have to be a pro to work with website builders – the systems often come with tutorials and guidelines that help you effectively master the process.
Photography websites do not only have professional look, but they also offer extensive functionality to let you bring your web design ideas to life. With a broad range of photography-focused features, they are easy-to-use and convenient. This is what makes them prevail over the rest of popular web building tools. What factors should you consider to select the best photography website builder? Let’s discuss that right now.
Photography Website Builders
Photography websites differ from the rest of niche-specific projects by their features, must-have elements and the need to apply unique web design approach.
To start with, website builders offer a rich assortment of templates needed to launch and customize a photography website. They are so intuitive that even a user with zero web design knowledge will easily cope with the web design process. You will be able to update your photography portfolio on your own to keep visitors interested in your works.
When you choose a photography website builder to showcase your projects, you will be further able to promote your works in the social networks. Your clients will also have access to your contact info and other related information they might be interested in without the need to look for it elsewhere.
Now it is high time to review the best services. They will help bring your creative ideas to life, ensuring ease of use and great result in the long run.
Wix – is a top notch destination for all those users, who have got an intention to launch a decent photography website from scratch. Whether you are a non-tech savvy user, who has never been involved into web building at all or a web design pro, who lacks time to create professional client websites, Wix will offer you a myriad of solutions to start a free photography project. Among the reasons that make the system stand out from the crowd, the following ones should be the first to mention:
- Rich Photography Template Collection. Wix photo themes work great for various niches and can be customized to create stunning portfolios, wedding photo websites, street, romantic, city photography projects, traveling photo galleries and more.
- Wix ADI Interface. Apart from common and mobile website editors that allow for easy customization of your photography website, the system now offers an advanced Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) interface that makes it possible to create websites even without mouse clicking – just sit and watch how the service is building your entire photography website.
- Photography Website Design Options. Wix offers over 40 gallery types that come in a variety of design formats and you can choose between multiple design options to edit and crop photos, add web pages, subcategories for your photo galleries or portfolios etc.
- 3D Parallax Scrolling. The option allows choosing any photo, gallery or video to set them as a background for your website.
- Slideshows and Galleries. With Wix, you can upload your photos and presentations to create galleries and slideshows that will appeal to the audience.
Cost: Endless free website. Premium options start from $4.5/mo.
uKit – is a small business website builder, which also allows creating websites for freelance photographers, small photo studios etc. Even if you are a newbie in website building, you can create a really good-looking website in hours with uKit. The functionality of the website builder is initially geared towards the creation of remarkable projects to help you grow your audience. The highlights of the platform are as follows:
- Photography Template Library. uKit has an impressive collection of quality templates that are designed with the needs of photographers in mind and can be effectively customized to create various types of photography websites, including professional photographers, street photographers, photo studios, art photographers, photo salons, photo shooting activities etc.
- Template Change Feature. uKit offers an opportunity to change the template you have initially selected without the loss of submitted content.
- Widget Integration. The website builder allows integrating various widgets into your photography project, including Social Networking Buttons, Comments, Online Chat, Timeline, Online Calculator, MailChimp, SlideShare, Timer etc.
- Temporary Website Management Rights. If you intend to develop and manage a photography website with your partner, for example, this feature will let you share the access rights with people you will select for this purpose.
Cost: Premium package for $4/mo, $3.5/mo with SWB-25 promo-code.
Squarespace – is a decent website building solution for photographers willing to launch a professional full-featured project. The platform makes it possible to present your photo galleries, slideshows and portfolios to the target audience. With a wide selection of customization tools and web design features, Squarespace proves to be a worthy solution to launch a photography website. Here are the major advantages of the service:
- Professional Designs – Squarespace offers an award-winning collection of responsive photography templates crafted by their professional design team
- Style Editor – The feature comes with hundreds of customizable settings (colors, fonts, page configurations etc.) and lets you choose between different page types to come up to your photography website needs (Cover Pages, Events Pages, Product Pages, Galleries, Blog Pages, etc.)
- Extensive Design Customization – The platform allows selecting and using multiple advanced design customization options, including content layouts, free typekit and Google fonts, custom CSS feature, responsive and interactive chart blocks, video backgrounds, simultaneous image posting, photo downloading/resizing, full-screen editing etc.
- Image Manager – The service unveils multiple image management features, such as drag-and-drop image adjustment, responsive and progressive image loading, Content Delivery Network availability, Getty Images integration, image uploading from external resources, image focal point control, Adobe Image editor, Lightbox presentation, image SEO and metadata importing, automatic image scaling etc.
- Galleries – Squarespace makes it possible to create appealing photo galleries out of hundreds of system blocks (presentations, slideshows, sliders, grid layouts etc.), video integration option, application of display effects.
- Cover Page Builder – The feature allows choosing between several templates for your website cover page.
Cost: Premium plan for $12-$18/mo.
Ucraft – is a cloud website builder, which is a nice solution to launch landing pages, business websites and portfolios. Advanced users and newbies will master the platform equally well as it is quite intuitive and convenient for everyone. The service offers a long list of photography-related features that will enhance your web building experience:
- Photography Template Selection – Ucraft has a separate photography templates category, where you can select and customize themes to create responsive customizable photography websites with full-screen blocks and flat design.
- Logo Maker – The app makes it possible to build and integrate an appealing logo into your photography website to give it recognizable and unique look.
- Designer Tools – You can additionally use Designer Tools (Typography, UIKit and Layout) to enhance your photography website design.
- Multilingual Support – Ucraft makes it possible to launch several language versions of your photography website based on locations your target and on the plans you have.
Cost: Free for one-page website. Premium subscription starts from $6/mo.
Bookmark – is a contemporary cloud website builder, which deserves user attention due to its Artificial Intelligence feature. The system allows creating high quality photography projects, which differ in their types, complexity, feature sets and visual appeal. The following Bookmark features make the system reputable and popular with website owners:
- AIDA Assistant – This is the highlight of the website builder, which helps you create a full-featured website in the automatic mode by using information you wish to be displayed there.
- Module Choice – Bookmark allows creating quality websites by means of using versatile modules that function like widgets and give a project required functionality.
- eCommerce Module – The website builder lets you integrate and further update a web store to present and sell your works.
- Statistics Collection System – The service comes with understandable statistics collection system, which allows tracking your website positions, productivity and performance.
Cost: Free on Bookmark subdomain. Professional plan starts from $11.99/mo.
Each time you face the need to showcase your photo works, you face the problem of choosing the right service to do that. Website builders will certainly come in handy to you in such situations. They are easy-to-use, intuitive and powerful enough to let you complete even the most complicated projects with no coding skill required.
TOP Photography Website Builders:
Wix is the best photography website builder, which comes with unique design customization tools, photography template collection, abundance of marketing and website promotion features.
uKit is a small business website builder for photographers, which offers drag-and-drop options, extensive feature set, design customization options and exceptional ease of use for each and every user.
Squarespace – is a cloud website builder you can use to effectively launch and manage a full-featured photography website. Numerous editing image options make this website builder very good for beginners.
Ucraft is a website builder, which works great for the development of photography websites due to the Designer Tools collection, Logo Maker, eCommerce options and other functional features.
Bookmark is a contemporary AI website builder, which deserves photographers’ attention due to its powerful AIDA assistant, eCommerce module and rich feature set.
Designing a photography website is a challenge for users, who have never been involved in website building yet wish to launch a decent project for client generation. With website builders, this task becomes much simplified as these services are specially created with user convenience in mind.
To choose the right system, make sure to test all of the platforms reviewed in the post. This is a surefire way to make the choice you won’t regret.