Having a photography website is a must for everyone, who wants to pursue a career in the photography niche and needs a source to present the works of art in favorable light.
How can you get one, however, if you have never been involved in the web design niche before or just don’t have time to develop the project on your own? There is a solution that will be a great way out of this situation: the use of photography website builders will help you launch a website.
Website builders are the most suitable tools to launch and manage websites. Their simplicity, convenience, ease of navigation, rich feature set and affordability often prove to be the decisive factors that speak in favor of their application by photographers with different web design background and diverse aspirations. You don’t have to be a pro to work with website builders – the systems often come with tutorials and guidelines that help you effectively master the process.
Which Website Builder Is Best for Photographers?
With so many website builders available in the modern web design niche, picking the best one may be a challenge. This especially concerns first-timers, who don’t have any programming background yet face the need to set up a photography website to offer their services to the target audience.
The best photography website builder should encompass several major parameters and complete a number of crucial tasks. It should be easy-to-use, intuitive and understandable to everyone. It should also come with a number of photography related features, such as niche templates, client interaction tools, photography extensions, integrable galleries, eCommerce and blogging engines etc.
We Tested Out 11 Of The Best Website Builders for Photographers:
- Gator – Best Website Builder for Photographers
- WordPress – Best CMS Platform for Photography Website
- Squarespace – Online Platform to Create a Photo Gallery
- SITE123 – The Easiest Photography Website Builder
- Weebly – Platform to Create a Professional Photography Portfolio
- Wix – Intuitive Photography Website Creator
- SmugMug – Professional Photographer Website Builder
- Zenfolio – Perfect Fine Art Photography Website Builder
- PhotoShelter – Fashion Photographer Website Maker
- IM Creator – Event Photography Website Builder
- Adobe Portfolio – Photography Website Builder for Creatives
To simplify the choice of the best platform that will help bring all your creative ideas to life, it makes sense to review the systems we’ve just mentioned. That’s exactly what we are going to do right away.
Gator – Best Website Builder for Photographers
Gator – is the best website builder for photographers, which also comes with integrated hosting solutions. Eliminating the need to look for a third-party host, the system proves to be a great pick for all user categories. It makes it possible to set up, host and promote all types of web projects, including photography ones.
What Makes Gator a Good Choice for a Photographer?
Gator encompasses simplicity, convenience, affordability and powerful integrated functionality. Powered by Artificial Intelligence, the website builder ensures hassle-free, intuitive and fast web creation process, offering multiple advantages to its subscribers, who need quality and feature-rich photography projects:
- HostGator. As mentioned above, Gator comes as the all-in-one solution with hosting, which is included in the HostGator package. This makes the process of your photography website creation much simpler, especially for beginners as there is no need to spend more time/effort to look for an external host.
- eCommerce. Do you need a website both to showcase your photography projects/services to the target audience and offer them for sale? Then Gator lets you connect a web store due to the functional integrated eCommerce engine.
- Photography Templates. Gator has quite an extensive collection of responsive designs. You can pick any of them to create your photography project. The designs are all free and completely customizable.
- App Market. If you wish to give your photography project more advanced functionality, go ahead to reach its App Market. It includes multiple widgets and extensions to come up to various requirements. The apps are free and they do not require deep coding proficiency for integration.
- Social Media Integration. Wish to embed content from global social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter or Facebook? Gator allows for integration of live feeds, image libraries, social media buttons and other related elements.
Possible Drawbacks of Gator
Gator is an easy-to-use website builder, which unveils multiple web design opportunities to its subscribers. Drawbacks, however, are observed here as well – just like in any platform out there:
- Not Suitable for Feature-Laden Websites. The website builder offers sufficient integrated functionality to set up standard web projects. When it comes to the development of more powerful websites, its features sometimes do not come up to user requirements.
- Absence of Email Marketing Tools. Gator does not have any email marketing tools, which makes it impossible to properly promote the projects it powers.
- No Free Plan/Trial. The system does not let its subscribers test the integrated features at no cost. There is currently no free plan/trial here.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with Gator?
Gator stands out from the crowd not only due to its simplicity and availability of hosting solutions. This is also an affordable website builder that has separate pricing options for website builder and hosting. The cheapest plan currently costs $3.84/mo, which is not expensive at all.
WordPress – Best CMS Platform for Photography Website
WordPress – is the best CMS platform for photography website, which has gained worldwide recognition and stunning popularity due to its high end integration options and availability of advanced design customization tools.
What Makes WordPress a Good Choice for a Photographer?
The system is more complicated for newbies as compared to most standard website builders because it implies the knowledge of coding basics and even certain preliminary web design experience. Have a look at its highlights photographers might appreciate, when exploring the service:
- Photography Templates. The CMS has its own collection of built-in templates, but there are also hundreds of them available on the web. These themes are paid and free, with the latter being less secure for your website performance because of the increased possibility of malware threats.
- Photography Plugins and Widgets. The system is known for its advanced integration options, offering multiple plugins and widgets for photography websites. Some of the most popular samples include Envira Gallery, Soliloquy, Storyform, WP-Media Tagger, Wordfence, Easy Watermark, Imsanity, Yoast SEO and more.
- Event Scheduling, Social Media and Customer Interaction Plugins. Apart from photography plugins, users may also find and integrate event scheduling and customer interaction plugins (BirchPress Scheduler, Picu, WP Invoice, Floating Social Bar, Pinterest Pin It Button, TweetThis Shortcode, Simply Instagram, WPForms, Optin Monster and more).
- eCommerce. WordPress offers special eCommerce plugins like WooCommerce that allow building feature-laden online stores, where you can display and sell your photos and image collections.
- Gutenberg Editor. The editor has become accessible after the release of the recent WordPress version. It simplifies the web building approach due to the availability of content blocks users may pick and arrange at their websites as they wish. To some extent, this resembles the process of working with classic website builders, which is another advantage for most photographers.
Possible Drawbacks of WordPress
As a CMS, WordPress comes with a number of demerits that may affect users’ choice. The most obvious of them enlist:
- Programming Background. To be able to work with WordPress, it is required to have at least a baseline programming background. The CMS implies the need for code editing, if you have an intention to integrate third-party plugins/themes and create unique photography website design.
- Hosting/Domain Name Connection. To go live with your WordPress-powered website, you will have to publish it online and to select third-party hosting as well as domain name for it. Fortunately, the choice is quite extensive out there.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with WordPress?
WordPress is technically free for download and installation. However, to design and publish a photography website, you’ll have to buy and integrate some of the above mentioned plugins and templates. The same is about domain name and hosting. To make your project accessible on the web, you’ll have to find a trusted hosting provider. To simplify the choice, WordPress recommends Bluehost as one of the services that is on the top of the list of modern hosts. The cheapest Bluehost subscription will cost you $2.95/mo, offering an extensive feature set for this price.
WordPress Photography Website Examples
Photography websites powered by WordPress always feature professional look and advanced functionality, customizability:
Thus, if you need a large-scale photography website and possess coding skills, choosing WordPress might be a good solution.
Squarespace – Online Platform to Create a Photo Gallery
Squarespace – is an online platform to create a photo gallery, which makes it possible to present your photo galleries, slideshows and portfolios to the target audience.
What Makes Squarespace a Good Choice for a Photographer?
With a wide selection of customization tools and web design features, Squarespace proves to be a worthy solution to launch a photography website. Here are the major advantages of the service:
- Professional Designs. Squarespace offers an award-winning collection of responsive photography templates crafted by their professional design team.
- Style Editor. The feature comes with hundreds of customizable settings (colors, fonts, page configurations etc.) and lets you choose between different page types to come up to your photography website needs (Cover Pages, Events Pages, Product Pages, Galleries, Blog Pages, etc.).
- Image Manager. The service unveils multiple image management features, such as drag-and-drop image adjustment, responsive and progressive image loading, Content Delivery Network availability, Getty Images integration, image uploading from external resources, image focal point control, Adobe Image editor, Lightbox presentation, image SEO and metadata importing, automatic image scaling etc.
- Galleries. Squarespace makes it possible to create appealing photo galleries out of hundreds of system blocks (presentations, slideshows, sliders, grid layouts etc.), video integration option, application of display effects.
- Cover Page Builder. The feature allows choosing between several templates for your website cover page.
- eCommerce Engine. To let you sell your photo works online, Squarespace lets you create and manage web stores, making use of its integrated eCommerce engine. The system grants access to multiple payment/shipping/design customization management options.
- Unique Show Window Design. The website builder makes it possible to create unique and highly personalized show window designs, where you can display your best works to the advantage. The feature lets you create/update product lists, customize product descriptions and SKUs, upload photos and create/manage galleries, integrate special offers/discounts etc.
Possible Drawbacks of Squarespace
Squarespace is the all-in-one cloud website builder, which allows setting up quality photography websites. If this is the first time you are going to use the platform, mind some of its cons:
- Extra Budget Investment. To get access to some premium extensions and integrated services, you may need to opt for separate subscriptions. This requires extra financial investments.
- Video Storage Restrictions. If you plan to create video presentations, keep in mind that the system sets limits regarding the volume of stored video files. At the same time, it offers unlimited storage space for images and other uploaded content.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with Squarespace?
Squarespace doesn’t have the unlimited free plan yet it lets you test the feature set of the paid subscriptions at no cost at all during the 14-day trial. As soon as you are ready to upgrade to one of the existing plans, the website builder will offer to pick one of them. The cheapest Squarespace plan currently costs $12/mo.
Squarespace Photography Website Examples
Squarespace offers a broad range of features to launch a professional photography project. Have a look at some of the best samples below:
These websites look really impressive. Wish to create a similar one? Then try using Squarespace right away!
SITE123 – The Easiest Photography Website Builder
SITE123 – is the easiest photography website builder for first-timers and web design experts, which is simple, intuitive and feature-laden at a time.
What Makes SITE123 a Good Choice for a Photographer?
The system has distinguished itself due to the integrated WYSIWYG editor, abundance of free templates, design customization tools and features needed to give your photography project a high end look:
- Responsive Photography Templates. The website builder has a stunning collection of responsive templates, where you can pick those suitable for your photography project. The designs are free, versatile and customizable. If you don’t manage to find a suitable theme for some reason, you are welcome to select a blank theme and customize it from scratch.
- Multilingual Support. With SITE123, you don’t have to create several language versions of your project, if you intend to target foreign audience, for example. Instead, the system lets you start a website that comes with multilingual support.
- eCommerce Platform. The website builder has a fully-integrated eCommerce platform, which allows starting and running a web store, where you can successfully sell your works of art/photography items. The system delivers multiple eCommerce features, making it possible to create product galleries and setting up their parameters, adjusting payment/shipping settings, creating/updating special offers/discount coupons, setting up payment/shipping/web store management parameters etc.
- Logo Maker. When setting up a photography website, designing and integrating a brand logo is always a good idea. The built-in Logo Maker tool allows completing this task and offers an extensive set of tools available in stock.
- App Market. SITE123 grants access to multiple widgets and extensions to boost your photography project functionality and design. The add-ons fall into several categories based on the objectives you plan to reach. It’s up to you to choose and integrate applications for better user interaction, video/image gallery creation, marketing, social media promotion etc.
- Form Builder. A built-in Form Builder also allows for enhanced interaction with users. Creation of multiple forms to get customer feedback becomes possible here. This is one of the most crucial features for any photography project.
Possible Drawbacks of SITE123
SITE123 is one of the simplest DIY website builders yet it also possesses a number of features that may prevent you from reaching some of your project-related goals:
- Not Suitable for Large Projects. The system offers an insufficient range of powerful settings for professional users. Some features available on a free plan and some premium subscriptions may limit web design opportunities, when it comes to setting up a large-scale project.
- Ad Banners. It is possible to remove ad banners by upgrading to a Premium Plan only. Websites created on a free plan come with ads.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with SITE123?
SITE123 has a free plan that lets you create a photography website at no cost at all. The fact of using a free subscription, however, means that your website will come with a number of serious restrictions. To avoid this, you should upgrade to one of the paid plans the website builder encompasses. The most affordable of them costs $12.80 per month.
SITE123 Photography Website Examples
Websites created with SITE123 are quite simple yet interesting and functional at a time:
Need a simple photography website to showcase your works and services? Try using SITE123 to create one in almost no time.
Weebly – Platform to Create a Professional Photography Portfolio
Weebly – is a platform to create a professional photography portfolio without writing a line of code and almost in no time.
What Makes Weebly a Good Choice for a Photographer?
When it comes to the development of photography websites, the platform offers the following benefits:
- Responsive Photography Templates. The website builder offers a category of responsive customizable templates suitable for the creation and personalization of photography websites. It is also possible to start your own website from scratch here or order a ready-made project from the third-party developers.
- Video Hosting. With Weebly, you can upload and integrate videos featuring your best photo collections to give users the idea of your creative approach and focus. You can either integrate the YouTube video or upload video files directly to Weebly, where it will be safely stored.
- Image Editor. The website builder has presented an advanced HTML5-based Image Editor, which provides myriads of must-have photography-related features, including rotating, cropping and adjusting images, adding text to the photos posted etc. There are also 29 filters you can use to improve the quality and visual presentation of your photos.
Possible Drawbacks of Weebly
Weebly comes with quite a powerful drag-and-drop website builder, which makes it easy for all user categories. At the same time, there are some features that may pose problems, when it comes to your photography project creation:
- Blog/Forum Limitations. Weebly does not let you copy your blog content for smooth project transfer. Its blog posts do not display the author name, while content sharing is possible in Facebook and Twitter only. What’s more, Weebly does not have a built-in forum. To get one, you need to connect an external service.
- Complex Image Management. Although Weebly comes with a superior image processing platform known as “imageperfect”, the reusability of uploaded images is reduced because of the numbering system. This becomes a problem, when you need to backup your photography project.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with Weebly?
Weebly has separate plans for ordinary websites and web stores. Thus, it has a Free plan and three paid subscriptions for the development of standard websites. The cost starts at $5/mo (with a one-time annual payment) to reach $25/mo. When it comes to the creation of eCommerce projects, the website builder also offers three pricing options. The prices range between $12/mo and go up to $38/mo for the advanced Business Plus Plan.
Weebly Photography Website Examples
Have any doubts regarding the use of Weebly website builder for your photography website creation? Have a look at several samples of projects it powers:
Weebly is a worthy website builder, when it comes to setting up a photography project – sign up to make sure yourself!
Wix – Intuitive Photography Website Creator
Wix – is the best website builder for photographers, which offers a myriad of solutions to set up, customize and promote a free photo project.
What Makes Wix a Good Choice for a Photographer?
Whether you are a non-tech savvy user, who has never been involved in web building at all or a web design pro, who lacks time to create professional client websites, Wix allows launching a full-featured photography website from scratch. The list of its advantages includes:
- Rich Photography Template Collection. Wix photo themes work great for various niches and can be customized to create stunning portfolios, wedding photo websites, street, romantic, city photography projects, traveling photo galleries and more.
- Wix ADI Interface. Apart from common and mobile website editors that allow for easy customization of your photography website, the system now offers an advanced Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) interface that makes it possible to create websites even without mouse clicking – just sit and watch how the service is building your entire photography website.
- Photography Website Design Options. Wix offers over 40 gallery types that come in a variety of design formats and you can choose between multiple design options to edit and crop photos, add web pages, subcategories for your photo galleries or portfolios etc.
- 3D Parallax Scrolling. The option allows choosing any photo, gallery or video to set them as a background for your website.
- Slideshows and Galleries. With Wix, you can upload your photos and presentations to create galleries and slideshows that will appeal to the audience.
- HD Video Hosting. The website builder makes it possible to showcase your photography talent by presenting your works in the video mode. You can integrate photo presentations from YouTube or Vimeo into your project to boost user engagement rate.
- User Testimonials. Integration of the user testimonials feature allows your clients leave their impressions and experience of working with you in the special website section/page. This is a surefire way to make your potential users interested in your work and help them find answers to the questions they might have about your photography business. This functionality is realized via integration of specific widgets/extensions. These are available in the integrated App Market and include Testimonial Builder, MyReviews, Comments, Social Testimonials, Voice Comments+, Customer Reviews, Yelp, Comments+ and Inffuse Testimonials and more.
- Client Interaction Options. When browsing the App Market, you can also come across a variety of user interaction tools. They let you stay connected with the target audience, getting their feedback and contact forms. Among the most popular widgets you can pick and use for this purpose, it makes sense to mention Google Event Calendar, Latest News, Wix Chat, Scheduling Pro,123 Form Builder, Wix Forms, Book Appointments Online, Live Chat, Events Calendar, Contact Management +CRM, Callback and many more.
- eCommerce Platform. When it comes to photography website development, the opportunity to sell your works directly at the website really makes sense. The website builder comes with the integrated eCommerce feature that allows setting up and customizing a small-to-mid-sized online store.
Possible Drawbacks of Wix
Even though, Wix is the most popular DIY website builder, it still has a few disadvantages a user should be aware of. These include:
- No Template Switch Option. Wix excludes the possibility of switching between designs. This happens because of the “absolute positioning” principle the system follows. Having selected the theme, you won’t be able to get back to the library and choose another sample. If you do that, the submitted content will be lost.
- Takes Time to Master. Beginners may need more time to master the software. Further system use, however, is not complicated at all.
- Bandwidth Restrictions. Most Wix subscriptions come with site bandwidth limitations. The more advanced the plan is, the less restrictions it has.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with Wix?
Wix lets you build an endless free website, but this plan still comes with certain restrictions. This eventually prevents you from starting a full-featured project. To get access to the advanced features and tools, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the premium plans. Their cost starts at $22/mo for Website subscriptions and at $27/mo for eCommerce/Business plans.
Wix Photography Website Examples
Wix photography websites look professional, full-featured and versatile:
Setting up a quality photography website is easier than you might imagine – just sign up for Wix to get started!
SmugMug – Professional Photographer Website Builder
SmugMug – is a professional photographer website builder used to create, protect, share, store and sell your photos in a hassle-free and easy way.
What Makes SmugMug a Good Choice for a Photographer?
The website builder allows building and telling photo stories to further share them with other enthusiasts from all over the world. The major distinction of the platform from other similar services is the fact that it does not only let you create photo collections, but it also lets other users pick and use the uploaded stock photos from the available image galleries. Have a look at the main SmugMug highlights now:
- Convenient Drag-and-Drop Editor. The system is characterized by the convenient and easy-to-use visual editor that supports drag-and-drop functionality. It lets you easily upload new photos, create new collections, organize and manage the uploaded images with regard to specific criteria, customize the content and gallery/photography website, enable eCommerce features and complete other related tasks.
- Logical Photo Organization. The platform lets you organize the uploaded images into galleries and thematic collections. There is an opportunity to both upload separate photos and try the bulk upload feature that allows adding as many images as you need. Upon the completion of the task, you will be able to personalize photos and image collections by adding the keywords, titles, captions or sorting out the newly uploaded photos by certain parameters.
- eCommerce. SmugMug allows setting up a web store, where you can sell your photos and photo collections. It’s up to you to set up the display parameters, customized price lists for certain customers, adjust image selection options, sell gift certificates and prints, modify security/image storage features as well as upload (create) unique website logos, add watermarks and perform other actions.
- Lightroom Integration. The platform allows for Lightroom Plugin integration that will make it possible to upload, organize and manage your images with a few clicks. The plugin will also help preserve your portfolio structure along with SEO parameters for more effective project promotion.
- Photo Storage and Sharing. It’s you, who controls the safety and accessibility of the uploaded images. It is possible to select users to assign website access rights and enable extensive image sharing options. The system lets you make posts in the social networks, use the integrated mobile app to edit, archive and share the images, create shareable links etc.
Possible Drawbacks of SmugMug
SmugMug disadvantages are not crucial yet they exist. You have to be aware of them, when using the platform for your photography website creation:
- Limited Template Choice. The website builder cannot boast a rich collection of photography/portfolio templates. It is less extensive than that offered by the software competitors.
- Complicated Customization Tools. Some of the built-in SmugMug design customization tools are quite complicated for beginners. This may pose a problem to first-timers willing to set up new projects.
- Visual Simplicity. The platform visually looks quite simple at first glance. When you start exploring the software, however, you may find out that its actual integrated functionality is more complicated than it initially seems.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with SmugMug?
SmugMug offers a 14-day free trial to each new subscriber – that’s enough to test the system’s functionality. When it comes to upgrading to one of the paid subscriptions, the website builder will let you choose from 3 plans, the most affordable of which will cost you $13/mo.
SmugMug Photography Website Examples
As a specialized photography website builder, SmugMug allows creating projects that really captivate user attention:
Need a professional photography website? Then SmugMug can be the right solution for all your project requirements.
Zenfolio – Perfect Fine Art Photography Website Builder
Zenfolio – is a perfect fine art photography website builder, which mainly targets users willing to showcase their portfolios and grow a customer base.
What Makes Zenfolio a Good Choice for a Photographer?
The system positions itself as a feature-rich website builder, which is used with the only purpose in mind – to set up, manage and customize multifunctional portfolios and photography projects. You don’t have to be a coding pro to use the software – it is quite intuitive and understandable for all user categories. The list of Zenfolio pros is as follows:
- Blogging and eCommerce Engines. With Zenfolio, you can launch a photography website with a blog and a digital store. As a result, you will be able to stay connected with the target audience and offer your works/services for sale.
- Extensive Image Management Options. Zenfolio makes it possible to easily organize separate images and their collections into nested galleries and groups. It is possible to assign keywords and tags to each image as well as to add new ones to divide them into sections afterwards.
- Photo-Related Integrations. The system allows integrating versatile extensions and add-ons that enhance your photography website designs and functionality. All of them are related to the photography niche. The most popular tools and features include Photographer’s Edit RAW File Processing, Triple Scoop Music with over 17000 songs included in the collection, analytic tools etc.
- Photo Collection Import/Export. The website builder lets you import/export photo collections from other platforms, such as Photo Mechanic, Microsoft Live Photo Gallery, Adobe Lightroom, command line and more.
- Multiple File Format Support. As a photo-focused website builder, Zenfolio comes with multiple photo file format support. The most widespread file formats include JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF as well as MPEG, M4V, AVI, MOV, WMV, 3GP, MKV, MP4, MTS video files.
- PhotoRefine.ai App. Zenfolio has recently added a high end local desktop device app that opens new opportunities for photo culling. Due to the availability of the AI tool, the software can automatically pare down thousands of images from a standard shoot to hundreds of photos. This takes a few moments only.
Possible Drawbacks of Zenfolio
Zenfolio demerits mainly concern the applicability of the system and its initial focus. This, however, is not a serious problem for photographers willing to use the software for portfolio creation purposes:
- Insufficient Editor Features. The built-in WYSIWYG editor used to build web pages does not support complicated elements like maps, forms, columns etc.
- Limited Web Font Choice. The system does not provide a rich assortment of web fonts. The choice is currently limited to 12 fonts only, but this may be enough for a standard portfolio.
- Complex Navigation. If you are a beginner, you may be confused by complex navigation that may prevent you from easy project development.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with Zenfolio?
Zenfolio doesn’t offer a completely free plan yet there is an opportunity to test the software for 14 days at no cost. Upon the end of the trial, you will have to upgrade to one of three premium subscriptions to start working on your project. The cost of the cheapest plan now constitutes $6/mo when billed annually. Additionally, the software charges the 7% commission fee for all the sales made with the system.
Zenfolio Photography Website Examples
If you are a photographer thinking about using Zenfolio, you will be certainly interested in viewing some of the most remarkable projects the software powers:
These photography website examples look professional and stylish. You can create a similar project with Zenfolio anytime.
PhotoShelter – Fashion Photographer Website Maker
PhotoShelter – is a fashion photographer website maker that encompasses several high end technologies, including safe image storage and archive access along with a quality website builder.
What Makes PhotoShelter a Good Choice for a Photographer?
To get the impression of the professional service, PhotoShelter comes with a set of tools that contribute to its high end web design approach. Some of the most handy and impressive features are as follows:
- eCommerce. The system allows giving your photography project eCommerce focus. It comes with PayPal and Stripe support as well as the opportunity to connect personal Merchant Accounts for direct sales completion. Additionally, PhotoShelter offers integrated shopping cart access along with statistics tracking tools and multiple web store set up and customization features.
- Safety Tools. All websites launched with PhotoShelter come with SSL Encryption provided by default. This is required for more effective website SEO promotion and overall website popularity. Additionally, the website builder allows using Image Theft Guard to protect your images from authorized copying or stealing, but you can disable the feature in case of necessity.
- Responsive Niche Templates. As a specialized platform, PhotoShelter offers a set of designs, the amount of which is not quite extensive. However, the templates are niche-focused and they are also free, customizable and responsive by default.
Possible Drawbacks of PhotoShelter
PhotoShelter is an ultimately photography website builder. Along with its multiple advantages, the system has a few drawbacks:
- Complex Domain Name Connection. First-timers may find the process of domain name connection not quite easy. Just follow the software guidelines to complete the task as required.
- Strange Pricing Policy. The website builder has several pricing options. The only difference between them is the amount of the available disc storage space. Other features are nearly the same.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with PhotoShelter?
PhotoShelter has a 14-day trial period, which is free and offered to every new subscriber. After the trial version of the program ends, you will need to activate one of three available subscriptions. The cheapest of them – the Basic Plan – currently costs $10 per month.
PhotoShelter Photography Website Examples
As a photography website builder, PhotoShelter is an interesting solution for creatives. Some of its most spectacular website samples include:
If you are right about to start a photography website, using PhotoShelter may be a smart idea.
IM Creator – Event Photography Website Builder
IM Creator – is an event photography website builder, which encompasses simplicity, convenience and impressive functionality that do not compromise with affordability and customizability.
What Makes IM Creator a Good Choice for a Photographer?
IM Creator is one of the simplest cloud website builders that initially targets creatives and entrepreneurs. The software has much to offer to these user categories, especially when it comes to photography project development. The platform comes with an integrated drag-and-drop editor that makes the web design process easy, intuitive and quick. IM Creator includes a number of photo-related advantages, namely:
- Photography Templates. The website builder has a separate category of photography designs, customization of which results in the creation of professional photo projects. The themes are provided at no cost and they are responsive by default. There is no need to possess coding knowledge to customize the selected design – just follow the software recommendations to get started with your project.
- Photo-Related Integrations. The platform comes with the built-in widget collection. The apps it includes are free and paid. They refer to different categories based on your project requirements and parameters. Among the most functional applications you can come across here, it initially makes sense to mention PDF viewer, Google event schedule list, Live Chat, online forms, Facebook comments, social media tools and more.
- Blogging and eCommerce. When working on your photography website with IM Creator, you have an opportunity to connect a web store to sell your works/services and a blog to communicate with the target audience.
- Multilingual Support. Plan to target clients/partners from abroad? Due to the availability of the IM Creator multilingual tool, you can set up and run several language versions of your photography website. Just pick the required languages from the list to start the website customization process.
Possible Drawbacks of IM Creator
Using IM Creator has multiple advantages as the software was initially created with this goal in mind. Some demerits, however, are available here as well:
- eCommerce Restrictions. IM Creator was not created for eCommerce purposes and, thus, its sales options are somewhat limited. Mind that the software allows selling only one item at a time, which may be a disadvantage for users willing to sell their multiple works on a regular basis.
- Complex Web Building Process. Regardless of the intuitive nature of the website builder, the overall process of website development is quite complicated here. It takes some time to explore and master the software, if you are a beginner.
- Limited Font Upload Options. The system grants access to the built-in font library yet it excludes the possibility of uploading your own fonts.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with IM Creator?
One of the most impressive highlights of IM Creator is the availability of a free plan. Everyone, who wants to create a website with the website builder and use it for non-commercial purposes, can start it at no cost. This also concerns photographers. Other user categories, including entrepreneurs, will have to upgrade to a premium subscription. Its cost constitutes $8/mo.
IM Creator Photography Website Examples
IM Creator can boast quite a rich portfolio of ready-made websites. Here are three worthy photography project samples you might be interested in:
These examples look really impressive. Why don’t you create your own project with IM Creator then?
Adobe Portfolio – Photography Website Builder for Creatives
Adobe Portfolio – is a photography website builder for creatives, which has narrow niche specialization, letting users set up feature-rich web projects.
What Makes Adobe Portfolio a Good Choice for a Photographer?
Adobe Portfolio is not the easiest web design platform for beginners. However, if you spend some time and effort exploring it, you will be able to create full-featured photography projects. Fortunately, the software has much to offer in this respect:
- Easy Project Importing. The platform ensures a simple and hassle-free project importing process. It allows for fast and easy integration with Adobe Stock, Photoshop Lightbox and Behance platforms. As a result, it is easier to upload images to your photography project.
- Automated Image Resizing. The software will automatically resize and fit the uploaded photos in your portfolio. You can upload an unlimited number of photo collections, creating separate pages for each of them. As a result, your project will be logically-organized.
- Automated Image Synchronization. The platform automatically synchronizes your image versions to further organize and display them on a website in the logical order, no matter how often you edit them. The synchronization is completed instantly.
Possible Drawbacks of Adobe Portfolio
Just like any other web design platform, Adobe Portfolio has a list of pros and cons. We have already reviewed the highlights of the service. Listed below are its drawbacks:
- No eCommerce Platform. The software does not have a built-in eCommerce engine. Thus, it is impossible to run a web store and sell your photo works/services there.
- Lack of Design Customization Tools. Adobe Portfolio offers quite a limited set of template customization tools. You won’t be able to make a completely unique project here as design options are quite limited.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Photography Website with Adobe Portfolio?
Adobe Portfolio is provided as a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud Software. Thus, it is completely free for all subscribers, while third-party users need to pay for working with the system. Currently, there are three plans to choose from. The cheapest solution constitutes $9.99 per month. Additionally, you will need a domain, the cost of which is around $10-$20 per year.
Adobe Portfolio Photography Website Examples
Websites powered by Adobe Portfolio have modern and quality design, which matters a lot for photographers willing to sell their works/services. A few examples are listed below:
These Adobe Portfolio samples look quite simple at first sight yet they make it possible to effectively present your works/services to the target audience.
Each time you face the need to showcase your photo works, you face the problem of choosing the right service to do that. Website builders will certainly come in handy to you in such situations. They are easy-to-use, intuitive and powerful enough to let you complete even the most complicated projects with no coding skill required.
Designing a photography website is a challenge for users, who have never been involved in website building yet wish to launch a decent project for client generation. With website builders, this task becomes much simplified as these services are specially created with user convenience in mind.