PageXL – is a fast and easy-to-use solution for those who want to create professional one-page sites in minutes. The platform will work fine for various websites types letting users build portfolios, small business sites, nonprofit online projects, personal profiles, etc. The software comes with enough functionality to create small online stores as well. It may cover various niches ranging from the hospitality industry to restaurants, event calendars, wedding sites, and more.
Apart from its features and technical capabilities, PageXL appears to be a timesaving all-in-one solution. It delivers secured hosting, which is free for all platform users. You will not have to care about your site’s SSL or deal with FTP configuration. All you need is to pick a responsive template, customize it, and go online with a ready-made website.
Sounds too good to be true? This review is to reveal all hits and misses of the PageXL one-page website builder. Let’s get it started.
1. Ease of Use
PageXL claims to be an ideal platform for users with zero technical backgrounds. In other words, users do not have to code in order to build a site from scratch. Moreover, the official PageXL page says, it will take a user not more than 5 minutes to complete the building process. All you have to do is to sign in, pick a template, customize it, and publish with the linked domain. Let’s check if it is true or there are some stumbling blocks for consideration.
The platform does not require signing in right at once. At the first stage, you have a chance to look through all the available templates and decide which one suits you the most. Here we have four major categories that include “All” themes, landing pages, personal, and event layouts. Each template comes with the preview mode. So, you may scroll the page don and have a look at built-in features and sections it has.
Once you have selected a theme that suits you fine, you will need to sign in. Users are free to log in via social and Google accounts or simply type in the info required. As soon as you are don, you will instantly find yourself in the Dashboard. The system will offer you a fast tour to get started in 3 easy steps. You may use the tour or skip this stage to start customizing the page.
The dashboard introduces a simple WYSIWYG editor with all necessary instruments and settings located in the upper right corner. The first thing you might need to do is to enter general website settings where you may change the site language as well as set the title and description. The section also contains settings related to your site menu, basic typography parameters, favicon option, eCommerce, etc. Here you may also insert social media links to let your users share content.
The panel below the settings is actually the website builder. It contains all necessary instruments to edit any page section, change styles and background colors, set elements’ positioning, width, and other settings, add new sections, and more.
The variety of additional elements varies. Users may choose from different headers, text blocks, image galleries, features, FAQ sections, and more. The selection of elements includes everything you might need to introduce your business or product to the public and let it engage. From Maps, charts and sign in forms to eCommerce, footers, countdowns, and more. The system has a preview mode to look at how your site appears in desktop, smartphone or tablet screens. If you are totally satisfied, press the Publish button and go online.
2. Features & Flexibility
PageXL is a simple but yet fully-featured platform. No matter if you need to build a personal profile to stand out or launch a digital store for a single or multiple products, the software will deliver enough functionality out of the box to meet your needs. Here are some major features you will be glad to see in your website:
- Ready-Made Templates – we are not talking of templates’ design. When we say “ready-made”, we mean they come with all necessary widgets already integrated into the layout. For example, if you choose a small eCommerce theme, it will already have a shipping section and a list of products. All you need is to upload your own images, edit descriptions and prices. In addition, you are free to add new elements from the local marketplace.
- Mobile App – PageXL has its own mobile app available for all major OS and carriers. It means that you actually do not need a computer to create a professional site. Moreover, you are free to edit it on the go.
- eCommerce – the software lets users build several types of digital stores. Some templates are designed to sell a single or customized product. Others are more traditional for trading multiple products at the same time. Setting up your shop will hardly be a hassle. Go to general settings and click on the eCommerce section. Here you may edit the checkout options that range from Stripe to Apple Pays as well as credit/debit cards. Here you may also select a currency, indicate tax rates and shipping commissions. Unfortunately, PayPal is yet unavailable for PageXL users.
- SEO – the system does not offer advanced SEO settings with the exception of editing general website title, description, and focus keywords. On the other hand, PageXL developers ensure your website appear to be automatically SEO-friendly. They promise fast loading speed, optimization for mobile devices, redirects, and secure access. But you still may edit H1…H4 subheadings as well as page URLs. Sites built on PageXL score 100/100 according to Lighthouse reports.
On the one hand, the platform seems to care about everything for the user, which is great considering the fact that it was mainly designed for newbies. On the other hand, more experienced users might want more flexibility and customization freedom. In other words, PageXL is good for those who really want to create an optimized website in less than 5 minutes.
The website builder offers a selection of ready-made themes that are automatically responsive. It means they will run smoothly on different devices with different screen dimensions. If you have doubts, you may opt for a mobile preview function to check how the site will run on a tablet, desktop version or tablet. Mobile optimization is enabled automatically. Users do not have to enable lazy load functions or stuff like that.
The template design is not bad. While online shop templates look pretty basic with typical sections and elements, portfolios and personal profiles are stunning. Overall, there are 56 different layouts available for customization. The templates are free. They refer to various categories from sports, traveling and wedding to various business niches and eCommerce.
A great thing about PageXL is that you actually may pick several layouts at the same time and customize each. Switching between templates is very easy. You have them all in a single dashboard.
4. Customer Support
The customer support might seem a bit disappointing. There are no Live Chat options, phone numbers or comprehensive knowledgebase. On the other hand, you will hardly need any of that considering software’s’ ease of use. Once you have logged into your dashboard, the system will offer a fast 3-step tutorial introducing all of the available features.
The interface is super easy. You will never face difficulties even if you have never used website builders before. Moreover, there is still a chance to submit your question via the traditional contact form. We cannot say for sure how long it will take support managers to respond.
5. Pricing Policy
One of the main PageXL advantages is the fact that it has a free plan. By the way, a free package lets you create up to 2 websites although they will all have PageXL URLs and a domain. However, it still has a built-in HTTPS. If you want to promote your business or project and stand out, you will need paid plans. They are as follows:
- Solo plan costs $2.30 per month with up to 5 sites, no PageXL branding + custom forms.
- Pro plan costs $4.60 per month and has all Solo features in addition to 5 more sites, Google Analytics, and integrated GDPR.
- Studio plan costs $9.30 per month with all previous features; Build up to 25 projects or use the website export functionality.
To get started, a Solo plan might be a good pick for a small portfolio or profile while Pro will work out for small eCommerce projects.
6. Pros and Cons
PageXL is an ultimate one-page site builder at affordable prices. It has enough functionality to build websites of various types including small digital shops. Its stylish templates are mobile friendly while the feature set lets you build an SEO-optimized site in minutes. However, some small drawbacks still take place.
| ✔ Free website builder.|
✔ Good for business and eCommerce.
✔ Integrated features, mobile and SEO friendly.
✔ Great for newbies.
| ✘ Limited support.|
✘ Not quite many templates to choose from
The Bottom Line
PageXL is an up-to-date website building software that follows the latest trends. It helps newbies and non-technicians to create portfolios digital shops, and other website types in 5 minutes. The platform will mainly work out for small projects while growing businesses may require more extended facilities in terms of eCommerce and customization.
On the other hand, PageXL is certainly a good value for money with its not bad free plan and affordable packages for extended opportunities. Summing up, this one-page website builder is certainly worth trying. You lose nothing anyway.