Development of one-page websites has made them quite popular information sources in the modern web design niche. The thing is that these websites can ensure striking online presentation, letting their owners comply with the growing needs of users. What you should also know is that one-page websites do not work for all web design aspirations.
Thus, they are not quite helpful; or informative, when it comes to the development of large business projects, for example. Instead, it makes sense to use them to start websites of small companies that are looking for an opportunity to represent their content in a linear and visually-appealing manner.
One-page websites serve to narrow down customers’ choice keeping them focused on a specific service, product or piece of content you need. If properly structured and professionally designed, they might result in an even higher conversion rate if compared to multi-page projects. Creating a solid website today is hardly a challenge considering the range of website builders that do not require special skills or technical knowledge.
We Tested Out 7 Of The Best One Page Website Builders:
- Wix – The Best One Page Website Builder (It’s FREE)
- uKit – The Best Small Business Website Builder
- WordPress – The Best CMS for One Page Website
- Site123 – Super-Easy Single Page Site Builder
- Ucraft – Ecommerce-ready One Page Website Builder
- Bookmark – Great AI-powered Website Builder
- 8b – Simple & Free One Page Website Creator
Modern web design software ensures ease of use, convenience, high end performance, fast load speed, SEO friendliness and other crucial factors. Each of the systems included into the list comes with distinctive feature sets and professional tools needed to launch and manage quality one page websites for personal and business use.
It’s high time to review each of the platforms in details now to discover their actual functionality and adherence to your web design needs.
Wix – The Best One Page Website Builder (It’s FREE)
Wix – is the best one page website builder with all necessary tools in the pack to go online with a solid single page site. The system makes it easy to build outstanding core elements without special coding or web designing skills. You can create an originally looking one-page site within a couple of hours thanks to a simple drag-and-drop editor, ready-to-use adaptive templates, AI-powered technologies, and other great features to make the building process faster and simpler.
The platform is ideal not only for bloggers but also for entrepreneurs involved in various small business fields. No in-depth programming or serious web-building costs are required to start projects with the website builder. The platform has a free plan in addition to its affordable paid packages if you crave for more flexibility.
- Ready-to-Use One-Page Templates – Wix has a ready-made layout for this particular type of sites. The template comes with all blocks and sections you might need including the “About US” section, service description, portfolio block, contact and address sections, anchor links, etc. You only need to feel in the actual data and publish the mobile-friendly website.
- Logo Maker – create your own logo, which is the first thing your visitors see or opt for Wix logo maker instrument that will design several samples based on your website info. Simply answer several easy questions and get your ready-to-use exclusive logo.
- Wix ADI – this tool is for those who do not want to get involved in the building process. Advanced AI-based technologies will use the info provided by the users as well as their business niche to offer a ready-made website layout.
- Visitors Engaging Tools – Wix offers additional instruments to ensure better visitors’ engagement, which matters a lot for one-page websites. Add parallax effect to make the scrolling experience more dynamic or opt for F or Z-shaped website layouts that support natural scanning behavior.
- App Market – The website builder lets you boost the performance of your one-page website by integrating widgets/apps that tackle your niche. Among the free and paid extensions you can choose from, it makes sense to mention Get Subscribers, Wix Bookings, Wix Forum, social network fields, 123 Form Builder, Wix Video and many more.
Cost: Wix website builder takes care of special needs of each and every user and, thus, it offers several groups of plans to cover versatile web development needs. These include Standard and eCommerce plans. Each group, in its turn, consequently falls into more detailed and user-focused subscriptions. Thus, Standard Plans encompass subscriptions, the cost of which starts from $13/mo, while that of Business/eCommerce plans, correspondingly, constitutes $23/mo and higher. Such versatility of plans and pricing options lets everyone pick the most suitable subscription for any type of one-page website.
uKit – The Best Small Business Website Builder
uKit – is the most affordable one-page website builder among other platforms. Despite low prices, the system makes it pretty simple to come up with your one-page site from scratch. You will hardly find an easier-to-use platform with hundreds of responsive template designs for different business fields. Users can choose from 40 categories and pick a layout with a pack of promotional instruments, grid-based structure, SEO settings, and other capabilities.
Building a website with uKit is very fast and cheap. It is probably one of the most affordable offers on the web. At the same time, you can benefit from a range of features, apps, and add-ons for your future website as well as some technological advances like uKit ALT.
- Mobile-Ready Templates – uKit delivers over 400 different templates from more than 40 categories. You will certainly find the one that meets your business needs. All mobile and retina-ready templates run equally well on various devices despite the carrier or screen sizes. They are compatible with all major browsers and optimized for better online performance.
- Website Preview Feature – the system makes it easy to preview and edit your future website in various mobile modes depending on the device type. Check the way your site will run on a tablet, desktop or smartphone by clicking a particular icon in your dashboard.
- SEO Settings – uKit reserves some space for your website promotion. Simply go to the SEO settings section and fine-tune your meta title and description. Here you can indicate the focus keyword and edit the website preview in social media and search results.
- Advanced uKit ALT Feature – a great tool to convert an existing Facebook page into a ready-to-use single page website. You do not need to transfer content and info. The system will do it automatically dividing the content into specific categories and section by type.
- Widget Integration – uKit allows for widget integration, which helps create blogs and landing pages. This option is realized via the use of “News Informer” and “News” widgets that can be customized and edited to start these two types of one-page websites.
- Adaptive Site View – The website builder allows enhancing your mobile browsing experience by fine-tuning its tablet and mobile look. This lets you create responsive one-page websites that display great on all devices.
Cost: uKit looks like a bargain considering its prices. You get a domain, hosting, and ready-to-publish website for only $4 per month (the Minimal plan). Users should not count on a free package though it still offers a 14-day trial. The Pro plan will cost you only $12 per month.
WordPress – The Best CMS for One Page Website
WordPress – is the most flexible open-source CMS platform that lets site owners implement any design idea and get as creative with the website as possible. It was initially developed as a powerful online blogging tool. However, the software has evolved over the years turning into a multipurpose website building instrument with thousands of themes, features, plugins, and other things that will certainly do the trick when creating a professional single page site.
- Quality One-Page Themes – you can come across thousands of one-page site layouts for WordPress. They include both free and paid layouts. As a rule, free themes are mostly alike looking while premium templates look more professional and unique. However, if you have at least basic coding knowledge, you will hardly have difficulties in creating a unique design from a free website template.
- Endless Designing Capabilities – WordPress makes it simple to create a one-page design that is appropriate to your target audience. You can benefit from ready-made layouts with clear navigation and all necessary blocks in one or edit the template code to add elements or features you need. You can change the theme drastically by accessing websites CSS/HTML.
- Enhanced Flexibility – WordPress offers multiple ways to integrate various third-party services for users’ acquisition and interaction with the target audience. Link analytic tools to track the most effective traffic channels, use email marketing services to drive more potential users, integrate SEO plugins to create content that will be loved by search engines.
- WPOnepager – This is the easiest landing page builder for WordPress that allows creating professional, customizable and responsive one page websites without bothering about coding nuances. You can use the plugin to start lead generation pages, event and webinar websites, landing pages, sales pages.
Building a website with WordPress will cost you nothing unless you decide to use a premium template or integrate paid plugins. On the other hand, you are the one to take care of the hosting solution for your website as well as complete the domain registration process. Both procedures require extra costs. Opting for advanced server solutions like Bluehost can be a good way out. You get everything you need in a single package for $2.95 per month for a WordPress optimized server solution.
SITE123 – Super-Easy Single Page Site Builder
SITE123 – is one of the simplest DIY website builders that works great for the development of professional one-page websites for personal and commercial use. The system is a great pick for launching blogs, landing pages and small business projects.
The platform ensures intuitive web design approach and provides multiple clear guidelines on how to start and manage one-page websites. SITE123 comes with a convenient drag-and-drop editor and it also makes it possible to share your website content, events and updates via social media accounts. This also contributes to more efficient business promotion.
- Client Interaction Tools – If you intend to start a small business website, a restaurant website or any other project that implies active user participation, you will appreciate the opportunity to make use of multiple integrated client interaction tools, namely Restaurant Reservations feature, Schedule Booking as well as other multiple features to use.
- Logo Maker – When starting a business website with SITE123, you will also be able to design a company logo. Integrated tools like logo size slider, cropping tool, header size adjustment feature etc. will help you pick the best elements for your logo to make it stand out from the crowd.
- Form Builder – The system allows creating and integrating impressive online forms into your one-page website. To do that, you may use the advanced form builder tool that grants access to the variety of custom form layouts and other related elements.
- Multilingual Support – SITE123 comes with multilingual support that allows adding several language versions to your one-page website. This eliminates the need to create several separate language versions of your project.
Cost: SITE123 is not only a simple website builder, but it’s also one of the most affordable web design tools. The system has a free plan that does not have time limitations, but comes with functionality restrictions instead. What’s more, users may choose from four paid subscriptions, the cost of which starts with $10.80/mo and reaches up to $28.80/mo.
Ucraft – eCommerce-Ready One Page Website Builder
Ucraft – is the best bet whenever you want to bring your most create one-page design ideas to life without technical skills. If you want to create a one-page site that will result in a high conversion rate, simplicity is the key to success. This is where Ucraft may come in handy. A simple instrument lets you build professional and engaging single page websites with ease. Users will appreciate free page building tools and instant ways to get your web project online. Here you get everything necessary from a custom Logo maker to Landing Page Builder and more.
- Free Landing Page Builder – Build a professionally looking landing page without spending a penny. Ucraft has its custom instrument to show off your product or service online effortlessly. All you need is to sing in, pick from a range of templates, ad content and publish a ready-to-use website with a custom Ucraft domain.
- One-Page Site Templates – browse through dozens of ready-made and mobile-friendly templates from more than 11 different categories. Here you may find various business niches ranging from healthcare and events to sports, eating out and layouts for non-profit organizations.
- Free Logo Maker – another great instrument to stand out from competitors and make your new site as recognizable as possible. Apart from the brand’s logo, users can design their own icons to add some style to the Service of Benefits section.
- Page Customization Tools – if you do not feel like using a custom template design, you are free to create a style of your own with the help of Ucraft Designer Instruments. Use them to change fonts and colors, text sizes and styles, create personalized headlines and website blocks, etc.
Cost: a free plan is a good solution for those who want to save a couple of bucks and create a free one-page site with own custom domain. However, it will be published with several limitations to content editing. If you want to open access to all of options, you will have to buy Pro Website plan. It is available with a 14-day trial to check if everything works right for you.
Bookmark – Great AI-Powered Website Builder
Bookmark – is probably the simplest one-page website builder designed to help newbies and non-technicians. The platform uses Artificial Intelligence Design Assistant or AiDA for short to encourage users for building professionally looking websites without special skills. The platform has proved to be good for small business owners and entrepreneurs, which brings us to the conclusion it is also good for one-page sites as well. Newbies may create a brand new website in 30 seconds skipping the process of content editing and page designing.
- AIDA AI-Based Assistant – advanced technological solution to let users build a site in less than 1 minute with absolutely no coding or editing skills. All you need is to indicate your business filed, answer several questions, and get a ready-to-use site layout based on the provided info.
- Ease of Use – a good thing about Bookmark is that you do not even need to use a content editor. The platform consists of ready-made blocks and sections. Create a page structure by adding the block you need and insert necessary text. That’s it!
- Promotion Tools – Bookmark has its custom Focus Feature to promote various business or corporate events and share them with the target audience. A good feature for those who run seminars or workshops.
Cost: Building a one-page website with Bookmark is free. The starting entry will not cost you a dime. It delivers 500GB of storage and 1 GB of bandwidth. It is more than enough for a single-page site. If you crave for a more flexible package with your own domain, get ready to pay to start from $11 per month for a Pro Plan.
8b – Simple & Free One Page Website Creator
8b – is a simple free one page website builder, which was introduced in 2019 and started gaining immense popularity with first-timers and proficient web developers. The platform does not require coding proficiency or deep web design expertise. Instead, it ensures intuitive web design approach and mobile optimization of all websites created with it. It is possible to start all kinds of one page websites for commercial and noncommercial use with the system.
- Progressive Web Applications (PWA) – The website builder offers PWA support, which makes it possible to turn your one-page website into a mobile or desktop application in almost no time.
- Multilingual Support – With 8b, you can create several language versions of your one-page project instead of starting several separate websites in different languages.
- Google AMP Feature – The system comes with advanced Google Accelerated Mobile Pages feature that allows boosting your mobile website experience along with increasing web page load time.
- Website Export – The website builder lets you export your website files to be able to edit them afterwards without using Internet connection. The files can be downloaded in the ZIP format. As soon as you are ready to publish the project, you can upload it to any hosting that comes up to your special requirements.
Cost: As a free website builder, 8b offers a never-expiring plan at no cost at all. At the same time, you can make use of the advanced feature set of the system by upgrading to its paid subscription. It’s cost constitutes $1.58/month only, which is definitely a stunning option for all system users! If there is anything you don’t like about the paid plan, the system offers the 14-day money refund policy that allows cancelling the subscription without losing the budget invested.
One-Page Site Key Elements
Single page approach is a good solution for website owners craving for increased conversation rates. One-page sites may work as a double-duty tool to boost sales or acquire new potential customers. On the other hand, a single page site might also be a fast and simple way to deliver core information keeping users focused on the issues you want them to stay focused. To achieve the above-mentioned in real life, the website should have the following elements:
- Linear Structure – One-page site does not have plenty of sections. It is supposed to have a straightforward structure, which is the main advantage of such websites. A linear structure will guide your potential visitors from the beginning to an end driving the available info to the conclusion of CTA block.
- CTA Blocks – this section is the first “touch” element on your website while all the rest info mainly deals with “feeling” senses. In other words, a prominent CTA block is the tool to encourage visitors on purchasing, subscribing or doing other actions on the website.
- Proper Product/Service Description – a one-page website will not let you dive deep into details about the service or product you deliver. Your main goal is to highlight the core advantages and benefits for the users. The idea is to show how actually your services or products may solve consumers’ problems.
- Contact Info – it is no just about indicating the way to get in touch. Make sure the block is clear and easy to reach. Make it easy for the customers to contact you. It will increase the level of credibility.
Simply putting all mentioned elements to the page would not work. You need to make sure each and every section is outstanding. This is where best one-page website builders may come in handy.
What About Specialized One Page Website Builders
When it comes to specialized one-page website builders, users can start facing difficulties when getting started. As a rule, specialized platforms are rather hard to use for newbies. Moreover, some experienced website owners still cannot figure out how that software actually works and here’s why:
- A typically simple drag-n-drop feature looks rather complicated here.
- In addition, nothing you do is saved automatically.
- You need to confirm your each and every step. That can be annoying.
- A few specialized one-page website builders have a mobile preview option. It looks strange considering the fact that one-page websites are more mobile-oriented.
- The user interface is too complicated.
While website builders like Ontraport let you create actually any metrics you need, the dashboards are hardly as appealing as you can expect. Moreover, you are very unlikely to need it once you want to build a simple digital business card or portfolio.
Most specialized one-page web building platforms suffer from a lack of customer support. It exists in the paper. But when it comes to real issues, they often fail to provide a professional assistance. Hardly a good news for newbies.
The prices are rather high if compared with platforms from our review above. Basic plans rarely cost less than $70 while pro plans can be up to $300 per month. Hardly looks like a bargain, right?
Here is the list of some most popular specialized builders for one-page websites:
- Ontraport – https://ontrapages.com/
- Instapage (read review) – https://instapage.com/
- Pagewiz – http://www.pagewiz.com/
Building a one-page website has become easier than ever before. Artificial Intelligence and other advanced technological instruments have turned the process of site creation into a one-minute-task even for non-technicians. Most platforms look pretty affordable or offer free opportunities to go online.
Single page sites may let you generate even higher revenues if properly structured. The key to success is to keep all sections clear, informative, and easy to navigate. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly to reach a wider target audience and follows the latest web design trends. Looks like a challenging task? Leave to website builders.