Novi Builder – is a powerful HTML website builder with a pack of handy features to let users go online at a blink. The system offers simple editing instruments based on drag-and-drop functionality in addition to a list of templates, huge selection of plugins, and other vital elements for your future website.
The platform will certainly work out for experienced web designers with good HTML background who deal with customers’ web projects or create sites for clients. Novi is actually the only website builder letting users work with its source code. This is what makes the software so unique and innovative. At the same time, the system will be good for non-technicians. It is still pretty easy to use thanks to ready-made blocks available for assembling in addition to a huge selection of plugins, visual elements and other great features you appreciate in this new innovative website builder.
Let’s have a closer look at what Novi can offer form website building perspectives.
1. Ease of Use
Working with HTML is simpler if compared to more complicated website builder and systems especially if you have a technical background and some slight experience. HTML-based websites are easy to upload with the help of traditional file managers or FTP. Simply get the website to the folder you need and publish it instantly.
At the same time, HTML-based websites are less demanding in terms of hosting facilities, which results in faster page load speed. As for the ease of use, Novi is the right choice for dedicated web developers as well as rookies.
- Editor Design Mode – It is up to you whether to choose a ready-to-use template or deal with source code editing. Whatever you choose, handling the building process is pretty easy thanks to the intuitive dashboard with all necessary tools in one place. You can switch between design and edit mode with a single click.
- Simple Edit Mode – this one is a good solution for non-technicians. All you need is to pick the template and start editing. The system has a drag-and-drop functionality as well as a simple control panel with all necessary buttons to upload new images for your slider, duplicate layers, add or delete elements, blocks, and sections with right a click away. Users can add links to menus, edit photo galleries, and more.
- Preview Mode – you can seamlessly preview the results of your work before going online. View the site and decide on crucial changes that will improve users’ impression.
- Advanced Page Manager – you can create a new page and access it with a single click. You can work with its settings to bring some new actions to the desired page as well as replace or delete it using a user-friendly context menu.
Once you have completed the design of your future website, you may go online by simply pressing the button. Novi will keep your site data on its own server, so you do not have to look for third-party server solutions. Although the system is initially designed for users with some baseline web designing skills, it will hardly take newbies much time to figure out how the system works.
2. Features & Flexibility
Novi Builder boasts rich functionality in addition to a pack of plugins and features you might need. The system has enough capabilities to create a perfect web designing working space and come up with different website types. You can create a functional HTML-based website with fast loading speed and SEO-friendly content within a couple of hours.
- Free HTML Templates – There is nothing wrong in opting for HTML-based templates. They are compatible with all existing browsers. They have a clear code letting them load faster. Users can integrate them with third-party services and codes seamlessly. The list of templates includes different options for small business, non-profit organizations, healthcare providers, etc. The platform currently offers over 40 different templates that are also mobile-friendly.
- Free Essential Plugins – You get access to the whole list of available plugins despite the plan you choose. Whether you are a premium member or have only the entry plan, the system will deliver all necessary instruments you need to form seamless MailChimp integration to Camera Sliders, Countdowns, Google Maps, Social Media Buttons, and more. The great news is that templates come with already built-in plugins. You do not have to waste your time searching for the add-on you might need.
- SEO-Friendly Websites – Simply go to settings in your dashboard to work with meta tags and focus keywords to boost your future website SEO. We should also mention a pretty good page load speed that also influences your site ranks. It will reduce the bounce rate and improve users’ impression.
- Monthly Updates – Novi Builder is a good example of developers’ collaboration with the customers. Every month, Novi team reviews all offers and claims from their users to come up with the most anticipated and desired system updates.
- Developer Tools – from now, you can take the most from the source code editing power. Users may access CSS, HTML or JS editor to customize the page or each block in particular. The system lets you save snippets and work with literally any element on the page.
Additional features are mainly for web designers who deal with customers’ websites. For example, you can download the project template to show it to your customers without publishing or simply save the project prototype to use it further.
|Number of Themes:||26|
|Free Themes||✔ YES|
|Sort by Industry:||✔ YES|
|Responsive Design||✔ YES|
|CSS Code Editing:||✔ YES|
Everything looks easier in terms of web design whenever you have a chance to edit the system’s source code. The same thing is with Novi Builder. Users are free to implement various web design trends as well as UI/UX features to make their projects more user-friendly and eye-catching. The core design features are as follows:
- Stylish Pre-Made Templates – Novi templates look pretty cool. Moreover, you should keep in mind all of them come with an open source code, which means endless editing capabilities. The pre-made website layouts come with built-in sections and blocks as well as all necessary plugins.
- Extended Designing Capabilities – experienced web designers may access the Design Mode to work with the source code. Users can choose from HTML, SCC or JS editing. You will be able to not only edit the code but also work with plugins and preset elements. The process is very simple and intuitive.
- Advanced Visual Editing – users may access two different template versions at the same time, The first one is actually the Novi editor with all basic elements. It comes with WYSIWYG editing functionality making it easy for newbies to come up with the design they want. The second version includes a standard HTML code and all related files in one place.
- Change Resolution Function – you can have a look at your future website through various mobile devices without actually switching between them. Change Resolution mode offers various options form smartphone and tablet portrait/landscape screen dimensions in addition to laptop and desktop FULL HD versions.
Novi looks pretty flexible and versatile in terms of design. At least, it certainly has all the necessary instruments that let users create up-to-date and user-friendly websites.
4. Customer Support
As for customer support, it is hard to say something about its reliability and efficiency considering the fact that the system has been launched recently. On the other hand, the platform has an enormous knowledge base that describes all essential features from getting started with the system to server requirements, installation process, plugins, etc. The main options to get in touch are:
- Ticketing System – a traditional way of contacting customer support via email. You will need to insert your info in order to submit the ticket.
- Novi Community – the community is limited with a single Facebook group only. However, subscribers are pretty active there.
- Tutorials and Guides – the platform offers detailed tutorials and step-by-step manuals for users despite their experience level. They are very easy to understand and follow.
The lack of a Live Chat feature may loom strange although Novi developers claim to handle monthly updates based on customers’ claims. It means users can see it in the nearest future.
Novi Builder looks very affordable by offering its membership for the price of a traditional HTML-based template. The only difference is that you get an all-in-one solution with customer server, free templates, and plugins for quite a reasonable price. Professional web designers will benefit from lifetime membership at a low cost. The plans are as follows:
- Startup costing $29 per year with free updates and plugs, unlimited projects and 30-day money back guarantee.
- Advanced costing $49 per year with the same features from the Startup + over 20 free HTML templates.
- Developer costing $140 one time to become a lifetime Novi partner and access all Novi features for free.
Summing up, the system is very affordable considering its functionality and flexibility.
6. Pros and Cons
Novi Builder is certainly a worthy platform although it is relatively new. It certainly has some crucial advantages if compared to traditional website builders. Have a look at its basic pros and cons:
|✔ Affordable prices.|
✔ Extended design functionality.
✔ Free plugins and templates.
|✘ Might be a bit hard to use for newbies.|
✘ We do hope it will have a Live Chat feature to get in touch.
Novi Builder is an innovative platform that will work out mainly for professional web designers who create sites for their customers. It offers clear open source templates in addition to designing tools to work with the source code. The system is pretty affordable with great lifetime capabilities for a reasonable price.
Newbies may also benefit from this easy-to-use website builder with ready-made templates and integrated plugins, simple dashboard with all editing instruments in one place. Although it might take some time to learn the functions, detailed video guides and tutorials will certainly come in handy.