A website of a non-profit organization should not be complicated at all. It should feature intuitive navigation to let even first-time users find the required information without investing too much effort and time. Otherwise, you run a risk to lose your potential customers, who may give preference to your competitors in case they fail to find the info they need at your website.
It goes without saying that the prevailing amount of owners of non-profit organizations just cannot boast perfect web design skills. Likewise, they don’t have any experience in website development that could help them launch a decent website on their own.
Hiring a web master or ordering a website from a web design studio won’t be a good solution as well just because this is quite a costly alternative. This is where the use of website builders will be appreciated a lot. Here is what makes this option the best way out for inexperienced website developers.
Website Builders for Non-Profits
The very first reason that makes website builders stand out from the crowd is their exceptional ease-of-use. These systems are initially meant for newbies and, thus, they come with helpful and detailed guidelines, recommendations and tips that notably simplify the web design process.
You don’t have to possess coding skills or specific web design knowledge to master these systems to the advantage. Most of them offer rich template collections that are filled with content and are responsive right from the start.
Websites created with website builders are properly optimized for the search engines, which increases the chances of your organization to get higher positions in search engine results. Finally, these platforms are quite affordable as compared to lots of other popular web building tools and even a non-techie can afford using them for the development of personal and commercial projects.
Are you interested in the most popular options? Then have a look at the reviews of the most renowned website builders available in the contemporary market.
Wix – is the all-in-one website builder used to create different website types, including those of non-profit organizations. The system covers a broad spectrum of web design needs and provides multiple features that are easy-to-explore and master. Have a look at the major benefits of the service now:
- Templates for Non-Profit Organizations. Wix has a collection of religion and non-profit templates you can choose from. Some of them include Food Charity, Kids Charity, Teen Volunteers, Non-Commercial Projects, Community etc. Many of them come with integrated “Donate Now” buttons and other features that are a must for these websites.
There is also a rich set of design customization tools to give your website desired look and functionality. Mind, however, that Wix does not allow changing the template on the go. If you decide to do that, you’ll have to resubmit the content.
- Membership. This is very convenient for organizations that develop and manage several projects and need to assign certain members to specific projects. With a membership feature, you can grant access to hidden website sections to those users, who have made donations and may be offered special rights.
- Forum. Wix allows adding a forum to your website, which is quite an extraordinary feature for these services. This is a real advantage for any non-profit organization website as it makes it possible to get in touch with users, encouraging them for participation. You can create any topics and branches in a forum to find out the ideas of other members and let them share their opinions with other users.
- Blogging. This is a surefire way to keep users informed about the recent news and events happening in your organization as well as about other related info. You can write and publish posts concerning the mission and statement of your non-profit organization, share your objectives and provide arguments to persuade readers to join your organization.
- Multilingual Website. As an owner of a non-profit organization, you may be interested in creating several language versions of your website. This is how you can encourage foreign investors to make donations and support your organization in different ways. This is also a nice way to attract more users, who share your objective and wish to join the organization.
Cost: Wix has a free never-ending plan you can use to build a website for your non-profit organization. This is a nice option to test the features of the other plans, but if you intend to run and manage an effective website, then you’ll face certain restrictions standard for a free plan (Wix ad, disk storage and bandwidth limitations etc.). The cost of the paid subscriptions starts with $4.50/mo for the Combo Plan and reaches $24.50/mo for the advanced VIP Plan. If you intend to develop a website for a non-profit organization, then it makes sense to upgrade to Combo or Unlimited Plans. Mind, however, that Connect Domain plan has the same limitations as the free plan, but it offers a connect domain option. This isn’t the best value for your money.
All the plans offer free hosting and domain connection, Premium Customer Support, integrated Google analytics, storage space and other privileges.
uKit – is a website builder, which has gained worldwide popularity for its strong focus on the development of small business projects. Its ease-of-use, convenience and affordability has made it one of the best solutions for users, willing to run and manage different types of websites. Non-profit organizations are not an exception. Listed below are the benefits you will avail when using this website builder:
- Simple and Intuitive Interface. uKit can boast one of the simplest and the most intuitive interfaces ever. Whatever web design skills and experience you have, you will easily get used to it and explore the basic elements and features it offers. It’s very convenient, easy-to-navigate, modern, exciting and understandable for everyone. What’s more, such interface simplicity eliminates the necessity to hire a web designer. You can do everything yourself, so, why waste the money you can invest into your organization development?
- Responsive Templates. Responsive templates automatically adapt to any screen sizes and resolutions of different mobile devices. This allows users to visit your website whenever they need and wherever they are. With uKit, you can experiment with different templates included into the collection of the website builder. uKit allows changing the themes on the go, thus choosing the one that comes up to your needs and preferences most of all without the risk to lose your content. uKit has a rich collection of thematic templates, which are geared towards the needs of different user categories.
- Variety of Widgets. Some of the widgets that may be a nice addition to a website of a non-profit organization are Social Networking Buttons, LiveChat, CallBack, User Comments, Google maps, email forms etc. Any of them can help you fulfill a certain task like offering real-time help to people, who are in need (via the CallBack option or a LiveChat, for example). Due to the Google maps widget, investors and people, who wish to visit your organization, will be able to find it much quicker.
- Secured Website. SSL certification will make it possible to accept money donations without any risks. It is possible to connect a SSL certificate absolutely for free.
Cost: uKit doesn’t have a free plan, but it still makes it possible to choose and test any of the paid plans for free for 14 days. This is more than enough to decide what plan exactly works best for your website. If you intend to launch a simple website of a non-profit organization, then a Premium Plan ($4/mo) will work well for this purpose.
WordPress – is a trusted Content Management System that does not require any presentation – so popular and functional it is. The service is somewhat more complicated than standard website builders as it implies the awareness of programming knowledge to get the most out of the web development process. When using the platform, you won’t go without the necessity to integrate plugins that will enhance the performance of your non-profit website. You’ll also need to possess coding skills to manage and update a website after it is published. Have a look at the major WordPress highlights now:
- Responsive Niche Templates. The system has a collection of built-in templates, but you can also find dozens of quality responsive templates designed for non-profit organizations on the web. These themes are both free and paid – it’s up to you to decide on the best option.
- WP Plugins for Nonprofits. There are multiple WP plugins that are specially designed for the development of non-profit organizations. You can also browse free and paid options online. Among the most popular plugins of this type, it makes sense to mention Give, WPForms, Optinmonster, Yoast SEO, Google Analytics by Yoast, Sucuri Free Scanner, Testimonials Widget, Backup Buddy, TablePress, Forget About Shortcode Buttons, Simple Calendar, Floating Social Bar, Revive Old Post, MapPress Easy Google Maps, Polylang and more.
- User Interaction Plugins. As the head of a non-profit organization, you have the urgent need to stay in touch with your website members. For this very purpose, WordPress offers a collection of specialized user interaction plugins. These include Client Portal Plugin, Quick and Easy FAQ, Easy Social Share Buttons, Request Callback Plugin, WP Customer Area and WP Notification Bar Pro to mention a few.
Cost: WordPress is free. This is true for all user categories. In other words, you can download, install and use the system for free until you decide to create a full-featured website. This might require additional financial investments into plugins and even templates. To make your ready-made website accessible online, you’ll have to additionally purchase hosting and domain name.
The cost of hosting mainly depends upon the provider and the plan you will select. When working with WordPress, it is recommended to use Bluehost – the official hosting provider of the service. The plans it offers are packed with features and they are available at reasonable cost. Thus, the cheapest Bluehost subscription will cost you $2.95/mo only.
Ucraft – is a decent cloud-based website builder, which is known for its convenience, intuitive nature and ease of use. The system won’t be complicated for beginners and it has much to offer to professionals as well. Abundance of unique web design tools, availability of logo maker, multiple responsive templates and other features have made the platform one of the most trusted representatives of the web design industry. It’s high time to enlist the most distinctive Ucraft features now:
- Logo Maker. If you don’t have the logo of your non-profit organization yet, Ucraft lets you create the one. It’s also possible to download your pre-designed logo to further integrate it into the website. The feature is absolutely free for everyone.
- Responsive Templates. The website builder does not have a separate category of templates for nonprofits, but you can browse Business or Event templates, for example, to customize any of them as you need. If you fail to find a suitable theme, the system allows creating it from scratch by choosing a blank template available here. Whatever template you will pick, it will be responsive by default.
- Landing Page Creator. The feature is free and makes it possible to launch a landing page to present the mission and contacts of your non-profit organization all in one place.
- Multilanguage Support. If your non-profit organization includes foreign members or you know that it may be interesting for visitors from abroad, you can create several language versions of your website with Ucraft. The system offers multilanguage support, which is frequently appreciated by users.
- Third-Party Integrations. The website builder lets everyone embed third-party add-ons and widgets to boost your project performance and customer engagement rate. Among the widgets you may pick, it is recommended to pay attention to Jivosite, Uservoice, Disqus, Intercom, LiveAgent, Zendesk Chat, Facebook Messenger and other extensions for marketing, analytic and website promotion needs.
Cost: Ucraft pricing policy is affordable to everyone. The website builder has a free plan that allows testing the options it offers. Paid plans, in their turn, come with 14-day trials available at no cost. Landing Page Creator is free for everyone, letting you design quality landing pages to display the advantages of your non-profit organization. The cheapest Ucraft subscription costs $10/mo. The most costly offer constitutes $39/mo.
Weebly – is an advanced contemporary website builder, which is mostly oriented on eCommerce web design needs, but can be successfully applied to launch other types of projects. Websites for nonprofits are not an exception. The system is worth the attention of users, who lack powerful web design skills, but have the desire to create full-featured projects. Here are the main benefits of the platform:
- Blogging Engine. Weebly is initially known as a blogging platform and, thus, it just cannot go without multiple blogging tools. The website builder lets you create, add and update blog posts, adjust their display options and other settings. It is possible to create the unlimited number of blogs on one account here. This simplifies the comment management process as well as dialogue creation for better interaction with blog users.
- App Center. If you have an intention to make your website more functional and contemporary, you can reach the App Center of the platform to pick the required integrable applications and widgets there (Call-Out-Box, PinPoll and LiveChat are only a few samples of apps you may choose from).
- Image Editor. Do you plan to add multiple photos to the website of your non-profit organization? Or, maybe, there will be a separate gallery section there? Due to the advanced HTML5-based image editor Weebly offers, you can edit each and every photo to make it ideally fit the project.
Cost: The website builder has a free plan that is never-ending. It lets you find out what exactly Weebly has to offer you. If you are ok with the feature set of the service, you can proceed to website development, upgrading to one of the paid subscriptions. The cost of the paid plans for ordinary websites starts with $4/mo and reaches $38/mo.
A non-profit organization is unthinkable without a website that will spread the ideas, popularize its mission and encourage users to join it. It will keep your community members informed about everything you’d like them to know. There are different web building tools you can use to launch a website of your own.
TOP Website Builders for Non-Profit Organizations:
Wix is the best website builder for nonprofits. The system is feature rich, intuitive, simple and easy-to-use. Hundreds of mobile-ready templates, advanced design customization tools, Artificial Intelligence feature, detailed guidelines and other highlights make it stand out from the crowd.
uKit is the easiest and the most affordable cloud website builder, which mostly focuses on the creation of small business websites, but can also be used to design simple websites for non-profit organizations. The system comes with a handy drag-and-drop editor, responsive templates, multiple integrable widgets and affordable pricing policy that appeals to most users.
WordPress is a renowned CMS, which is known for its powerful blogging and integration options as well as advanced design customization features. The system is quite easy yet it requires certain web design background. The platform also requires the use of hosting, domain name and extra plugins provided on the paid basis.
Ucraft is a simple and user-friendly cloud website builder, which can come up to the needs of non-techies and proficient web developers. The system is rich in design customization options and tools, responsive templates, blogging and eCommerce solutions. It is also comparatively affordable for all user categories.
Weebly is a cloud website builder, which was initially created for blogging purposes and has evolved into a feature-rich eCommerce web building tool. It can now be used to create decent educational projects as well as websites for nonprofits willing to showcase their organizations.
Picking the best website builder for a website of a non-profit organization should not be a challenge for ordinary users. Website builders work great when it comes to the development of these projects. Their features, characteristics and pricing policy ensure the unsurpassed web building experience, allowing to reach the desired result. Just make sure you are aware of all the characteristics of these systems to be able to select the service you’ll be satisfied with in the long run.