Whether you are a solo artist, a band, a music company or any other show business representative, you won‘t go without launching a music website. Actually, it is no wonder as there are, probably, no users, who don’t look for their favorite songs, music compositions and information about musicians on the web.
If you have recently decided to present your talent to the audience and launch a website of your own, then using a website builder will be the simplest and the most reasonable solution. Website builders are easy-to-use and convenient for professionals and non-tech-savvy users. This is exactly what you need to launch a quality musician’s website, if your web design skills are insufficient to utilize more complicated tools.
We Tested Out 8 Of The Best Website Builders for Musicians and Bands:
- Wix – The Best Website Builder for Musicians and Bands
- Bandzoogle – Website Builder Created by Musicians for Musicians
- WordPress – Platform to Create a Music Website for Free
- uKit – One of the Best Small Business Website Builders
- Bookmark – Canadian AI-based Website Builder
- Gator – Easy-to-use Website Builder for Musicians
- IM Creator – Online Website Builder (Free for Nonprofits)
- Bluehost – Best Website Hosting for Musicians
Starting a website for musicians or bands should not be complicated, if you manage to pick the right web building tool. Website builders listed above are the best solutions for DIY website development in this niche. Which of them will come up to your web design needs most of all? Which service will be the best pick for your project? To find that out, take your time to read the reviews of each platform included into the list.
Wix – The Best Website Builder for Musicians and Bands
Wix – is the best website builder for musicians and bands, which has already gained worldwide popularity. This is due to the abundance of design customization tools, professional and intuitive web building approach and multiple high end features that contribute to the effective web creation process. The system is user-friendly enough to be understandable even to beginners and it also provides the unsurpassed WYSIWYG web building experience. This is a perfect tool for creatives, who have never been involved in website development, don’t wish to struggle with complex coding nuances yet intend to launch a functional website to meet their needs. Have a look at the main Wix highlights now:
- Templates for Music Websites. The website builder now boasts one of the most extensive and impressive collections of niche templates you may choose from with regard to your website/music specialization. They are divided into several design categories depending upon the industry tackled (Solo Artist, Band, DJ and Music Industry are the major categories here). All the themes are 100% customizable and mobile-optimized by default, but there is no template switch option here.
- Wix ADI tool. The one-of-a-kind Wix ADI tool lets inexperienced musicians create their projects without any coding skills or extra time/money investment at all. The tool requires the submission of your industry-specific information to further create a website in the automated mode.
- Forum and Blogging. Wix makes it possible to connect a forum and a blog to your musician’s website, thus keeping visitors engaged in your industry updates. By visiting a forum/blog, your website users will be able to communicate with other fans, share their opinions and news, leave comments and create topics for discussion.
- eCommerce. If you plan to sell your band/industry-related items or accessories via your musician’s website, Wix allows connecting a small or a mid-sized web store to your project. This is where you can sell your albums, tracks, accessories, brand items as well as issue discount coupons, certificates and what not.
- Wix Music. The free widget is available in the integrated Wix App Market and allows adding the audio player to your musician’s website. This lets your fans listen to your tracks, stream and download those they like most and even buy them directly at the website. At the same time, you can upload audio files in different formats, including WAV, FLAC, ALAC & MP3, adjusting their display parameters and general player settings. The widget also makes it possible to track the detailed stats of your project to find out the popularity of certain tracks, number of sales, downloads, plays and other related info.
Cost: Wix has a free plan, the duration of which is not limited by any terms. The cost of the paid plans (there are two types of subscriptions here, each including several plans) starts from $13/mo for Standard subscriptions and from $23/mo for Business/eCommerce plans. All the premium plans include free hosting/domain name, integrated Google Analytics, professional customer support, increased storage space etc. The system also offers the 14-day refund option, if there’s anything you don’t like about the selected paid plan.
Bandzoogle – Website Builder Created by Musicians for Musicians
Bandzoogle – is a specialized website builder created “by musicians for musicians”. Actually, that’s the main motto of the platform. It is mainly used to start/manage websites for bands and musicians, offering specific feature set for this purpose. With an intuitive and engaging interface, abundance of niche-specific web design tools, extensive customization options and responsive music templates, the system deserves the attention of musicians from all over the world. Listed below are the major advantages of the website builder:
- Niche Templates. The website builder allows customizing over a hundred of professional responsive templates, all of which are related to music. All the themes are free and sorted by industry, including rock, folk/country, jazz/blues, EDM/DJ/Producer, business/other, singer/songwriter, classical, urban/hip hop, world, beats and more. There is a preview option that lets you see the required template in details. Users also have an opportunity to choose a blank template to customize it from scratch.
- eCommerce. The platform lets you create and customize a free full-featured web store for musicians and bands with a few clicks. This is where you can sell a variety of products related to your music career (albums, tracks, download codes, tickets, videos, posters, accessories for the fans, digital files etc.). Along with that, you can set up general payment/shipping info, integrate with popular distribution platforms etc.
- Music-Focused Features. Bandzoogle is initially known for its broad spectrum of music-focused features. These include powerful synchronization tools, social media services, online music streaming option, global audio player integration, guestbook/forum connection, feedback tools, flash image/video collections, hit counter, integration of external services (Instagram gallery, Twitter, Bandcamp Player, Topspin Store, Bandsintown, GigSalad Quote Form, GigSalad Review and Airbit), mailing lists creation, availability of website analytics and reports to mention a few.
- Content Blocks. The system makes it possible to add/manage/modify the positions of specific content blocks of your choice on any page, depending upon its type. Thus, users can create an event page here to list the upcoming shows, concerts and presentations and let your fans book and buy tickets for the upcoming occasions in advance. It’s also possible to integrate the music tracks block with industry-related content here.
Cost: Bandzoogle doesn’t have a completely free plan, but the duration of its free trial period is longer than that offered by other website builders. Currently, it constitutes 30 days, during which you can test and master the entire feature set of the platform. The website builder has three paid plans, the cost of which starts with $8.29 per month. Paid subscriptions include a certain amount of tracks (photos) uploads and web pages, availability of a commission-free music store, electronic press kit and other undeniable advantages.
WordPress – Platform to Create a Music Website for Free
WordPress – is the outstanding platform to create a music website for free. This is the Content Management System, which is more complicated as compared to standard website builders mainly because it implies the awareness of coding basics. The system also comes with extensive integration options that contribute to your music website performance. The major benefits of the software are listed below:
- Responsive Themes for Musicians. The CMS has a pretty limited collection of built-in templates, while many more of them are available online. To get the most out of WordPress functionality, you should browse the web to look for the best themes for musicians there. Fortunately, the choice is really stunning and it won’t be a problem for you to get the template you really like.
- Plugins for Music Websites. As to the integrable plugins for musicians’ websites, the selection is fantastic as well. The must-have plugins for any musicians’ website include Event Organizer, GigPress, MF Gig Calendar, NextGEN image gallery, HTML5 jQuery Audio Player, Spotify Master, SoundCloud Master, Thank Me Later, Comment Redirect, Gravity Forms, Audiotheme, Cue and Foxyshop to mention a few.
Cost: WordPress is free to download and install, but you’ll definitely won’t go without integrating third-party plugins and themes. They are either free or may come at extra cost. Actually, it is even safer to purchase them to prevent the scams, which are frequently associated with free templates and plugins. The final cost, however, will depend upon the hosting provider you will go for. In this respect, Bluehost is the best solution to choose. This is the official WordPress host, which comes with lots of benefits and features (like scripts and apps, fast web page load speed, advanced SEO options and marketing tools, extensive marketplace offering multiple applications etc.) that will help you host and manage any project with ease. As to the cost of the hosting provider, Bluehost will certainly fit any budget. The cheapest plan currently costs $2.95/mo only.
uKit – One of the Best Small Business Website Builders
uKit – is one of the best small business website builders, which also works great for the development of projects for musicians and bands. The system lets you establish trusted online presence for your music group or individual music site in around 30 minutes, even if this is your first web design experience. This is a real found for musicians, who don’t wish to bother about complex web design nuances. Here are the benefits that make the website builder a perfect solution:
- Responsive Music Designs. uKit comes with a collection of responsive music templates, among which you can find those applicable to your music website. All the designs are customizable and it’s also possible to switch between the themes on any step of the website development process. To enhance the mobile browsing experience of users, uKit offers adaptive site view. It lets you fine-tune the tablet and mobile look of your project.
- eCommerce Functionality. uKit realizes its integrated eCommerce functionality in several ways. If you plan to sell any of your music business-related products directly at the website, the system allows choosing between two popular and effective options that let you start a web store. You can either connect the Ecwid plugin to your website or integrate the eCommerce widget to get a full-featured web store.
- SoundCloud Integration. With Kit, it is now possible to add and update audio tracks to your music/band website by means of SoundCloud integration. Additionally, you can insert images/videos into your project to give it advanced visual appeal and functionality. And that’s not it. You can set up video background for any block of your website without the need to install third-party scripts or integrate extra codes.
Cost: uKit doesn’t offer any free plans, but there is the 14-day trial period. It is available at no cost and lets you test the entire platform’s functionality. As to the pricing policy, it is very affordable for everyone. The cost of the cheapest plan starts with $4/mo – that’s very inexpensive, considering the wide spectrum of features the platform has in stock. These include custom domain name connection, 24/7 professional support, back up website creation opportunity, free hosting, access to hundreds of templates etc.
Bookmark – Canadian AI-Based Website Builder
Bookmark – is a contemporary Canadian AI-Based website builder, which occupies a worthy position in the list of the best services for musicians. The system comes with an Artificial Intelligence Design tool, which brings all the web design hassle to the minimum. This is what matters most for musicians, whose web design experience is not sufficient for the development of large-scale websites. Bookmark comes with a list of high end features that make it stand out from the crowd. These include:
- AIDA Assistant. This is the most impressive highlight of the website builder, which can automatically create a musician’s website in a matter of minutes. Just provide these data and the Artificial Intelligence Design Assistant will generate a stunning and full-featured website filled with your own content.
- eCommerce Engine. The website builder allows using its integrated eCommerce module, which lets you set up and then effectively manage a web store to sell your products (albums, videos/audios, accessories, items and souvenirs for fans).
- “Events” Section. Bookmark makes it possible to add any amount of music/band-related events to the corresponding “Events” section that is accessible in the dashboard menu of your website. This is where you can pick and customize the block by providing your event name, description, general info, location (this also implies Google Maps integration), date and duration, related images etc.
- Social Media Integrations. The platform allows integrating social media channels into your music website by means of “Social” module activation. It lets you quickly add social media buttons linking to your accounts in social networks. Additionally, you can integrate any video background of your choice into any page/section of your project to boost its value and engage user interest.
Cost: Bookmark has a lifetime free package. The cost of the system’s paid plans starts with $11.99 per month and reaches $24.99 per month for the most costly subscription. Paid plans encompass free domain connection, unlimited storage, web pages and bandwidth, removal of the system ad banners, advanced SEO, premium support, email connection, password protection, customizable footers and other handy advantages.
Gator – Easy-to-Use Website Builder for Musicians
Gator – is an easy-to-use website builder for musicians, which mainly targets newbies and those users, who are not that proficient in website development yet intend to create quality websites. Featuring ease-of-use, intuitive interface, convenient drag-and-drop editor and lots of handy features, Gator currently remains one of the most popular and simple website builders to start and manage different types of projects. Have a look at some of the most impressive highlights of the platform now:
- eCommerce Engine. Gator comes with integrated eCommerce engine, which lets you add a web store to your website. Musicians can benefit a lot from this feature as it makes it possible to sell their CDs, music attributes and other products directly at the website. Thus, those fans, who wish to buy something from you, ll have an opportunity to do that in a few clicks, thus, saving their effort and time. Such option will undoubtedly have positive impact upon your budget growth.
- HostGator. The website builder is included into the HostGator package, which means that all the websites created with it are hosted on the system servers by default. This feature is quite convenient for musicians, who need a website and don’t wish to look for reliable host elsewhere.
- Social Media Platforms. The website builder makes it possible to embed content from popular social networks like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. If you have any music-associated accounts in these social networks, you can integrate image libraries, live feeds and social media buttons into your project to get the most out of them.
Cost: Gator doesn’t have a free plan or a free trial. Its pricing policy, however, is quite moderate to come up to the needs and financial abilities of most users. The website builder has three paid subscriptions, the cost of which starts with $3.84/mo and reaches $9.22/mo granted that you get a two-year subscription at once. Mind that the system offers a full 45-days money refund, if there is anything you are not satisfied with about Gator.
IM Creator – Online Website Builder (Free for Nonprofits)
IM Creator – is a new generation online website builder, which is free for nonprofits. The system allows creating and managing different types of projects, including websites for musicians. IM Creator is easy-to-use and feature-laden. It is known for its reasonable pricing policy, convenient WYSIWYG website editor and powerful tools that cut down all the web building problems. If you are right about to start a musician’s/band website with the platform, here is the list of its undeniable merits:
- eCommerce Platform. The website builder has a fully-integrated eCommerce engine. It lets you create small and mid-sized web stores to boost online sales of your music-related products. No coding skills are required to start an online store with IM Creator. Just pick a template and follow the recommendations to get the one of your own.
- Blogging. Likewise, IM Creator allows connecting a blog to your musician’s website. This is one of the best and most effective ways to popularize your creativity, staying in touch with your fans. It’s up to you to choose from multiple blog templates, types, news feed structure varieties and other important blogging parameters.
- Multilingual Support. IM Creator offers multilingual support that allows for the development of versatile language versions of your website. That’s a good idea, when it comes to the attraction of fans from abroad.
- Integration Options. The website builder makes it possible to integrate social media links, Google Analytics, Google Maps as well as other widgets and add-ons that ensure better website performance and higher customer flow.
- Responsive Templates for Musicians. IM Creator boasts one of the most extensive collections of professional modern templates that are responsive by default. There is a separate Musician/Bands website templates section that offers a set of amazing themes specially crafted for this user category.
Cost: IM Creator is absolutely free for creatives, artists, musicians and non-profits. At the same time, its cheapest subscription costs $8/mo and it works great for entrepreneurs, hosting providers and resellers. The plan includes domain name connection, unlimited storage space and bandwidth, premium tech support, eCommerce functionality and other advantages.
Bluehost – Best Website Hosting for Musicians
Bluehost – is the best website hosting for musicians, which has gained impressive reputation worldwide. One of the most stunning features of the platform is that WordPress officially recommends it as the most trusted, feature-laden and affordable hosting provider available in the modern web development niche. The system currently empowers more than 5 millions websites in different countries of the world and this number keeps increasing with every passing month. If you are looking for a credible hosting provider, the following feature list may come in handy to use:
- eCommerce Support. The platform lets you host all types of music web stores with it, offering a variety of eCommerce projects, high end applications, add-ons and widgets. The intuitive control panel of the system is easy to navigate, while the platform itself ensures strong uptime rates, fast page load speed, utmost safety and flexibility of each project hosted with it.
- Marketplace Access. Bluehost allows browsing its integrated marketplace with lots of applications, add ons, scripts and widgets that can boost your musician’s website performance.
- Marketing and SEO Features. The platform also offers versatile SEO and marketing strategies that improve the efficacy of your project promotion, generation of the target audience and profit growth. Bluehost experts will also help you with website content and design management, PPC and website migration services.
Cost: You won’t find a completely free plan offered by Bluehost. Instead, the pricing policy of the hosting provider is reasonable and affordable for everyone. The cost of the cheapest Basic Plan, which delivers the entire feature set of the hosting provider, constitutes $2.95/mo. This is very inexpensive, which fits any budget and website hosting needs.
A website can become an effective must-have tool for any musician, but only if this is a well-designed project with advanced functionality. Let’s face the fact: if you are a musician, the chances that you have a good command of programming basics are quite low. This is where website builders come into play. These systems are simple, convenient and intuitive. That is why, they work great for inexperienced users, helping them design outstanding websites.
The list of website builders to create a website for musicians or bands is quite impressive, but you should be aware of the characteristics, pros and cons of each service to make the best choice. It makes sense to test all of the systems reviewed in the post to decide on the most suitable solution you’ll be eventually satisfied with.