Mobirise (current version is 5.2) – is a simple, convenient and affordable website builder. It was launched with the needs of non-techies in mind and allows creating websites for commercial and non-commercial use at no cost, featuring a broad range of options and tools that are understandable and simple for users with diverse expertise rate.
The only notable disadvantage of this offline website builder is the inability to publish a website right after it is created. To do that, you have to bother about the choice of hosting, selecting the most suitable options that will come up to your needs. For those users, who don’t wish to get involved into this hassle, we have reviewed some best Mobirise alternatives.
[Spoiler] Here’s a List of the Best Mobirise Alternatives:
- WIX – the best Mobirise alternative
- Webflow – great software alternative
- WordPress – free CMS (hosted alternative)
- Squarespace – Mobirise similar software
- Pinegrow – alternative web editor for professionals
- SITE123 – free Mobirise alternative
- Dreamweaver – web development tool from Adobe
- uKit – Mobirise alternative for small business
How to Choose The Best Mobirise Alternative For You
If you are right about to start a feature-rich website to comply with your current web design goals yet feel that Mobirise doesn’t appeal to you for some reasons, then it’s high time to pick a worthy alternative to it! With a rich choice of web design platforms available out there, this does not seem a problem at first sight.
However, when you start exploring the topic closely, you realize that it’s quite easy to get lost here. The thing is that eac web design system comes with a certain integrated functionality geared towards the completion of a particular task. This means that you have to clearly realize what system exactly you are looking for, what goals you pursue and what kind of website you plan to get in the long run.
Prior to making your choice, it is crucial to define your website specialization. There are all-in-one systems as well as specialized niche platforms that provide distinctive functionality required to achieve a certain task. You have to pick the one that adhered to your business focus and comes with built-in features that make it possible to complete the task.
As far as Mobirise is quite a simple web design software geared towards the needs of beginners, it makes sense to pick the system, which will match your skills. At the same time, it is crucial to look for a platform, which offers tools and features Mobirise lacks. Anyway, you’ve decided to look for a better alternative to it, haven’t you?
Finally, mind the cost aspect. Even though, Mobirise is initially free, it still implies extra financial investments into hosting/template/plugin choice. Thus, compare the approximate cost of your Mobirise-based project to pick a reasonable and cost-effective substitute to it.
The Different Types of Mobirise Alternatives
When choosing the best alternative to Mobirise, you may encounter the possibility to pick from several types of web design platforms based on the type of project you intend to start and your personal requirements. The most popular options are as follows:
- Online website builders, which are cloud-based and make it possible to start simple/complex websites for personal and business use;
- Offline website builders, which require preliminary download and installation before proceeding to website creation process;
- CMS (Content Management Systems), which come with powerful integrated functionality required to start feature-laden web projects.
Irrespective of your web design implications, project requirements and software type you are going to use, it will be useful for you to review the most popular Mobirise alternatives. This might help simplify your choice. Read on to find them out now.
1. WIX – The Best Mobirise Alternative
Wix – is the best Mobirise alternative, which comes with all necessary tools already included in its subscriptions. The all-in-one platform makes it possible to launch and manage all types of web projects for commercial and non-commercial use. The system subscribers should not search for a hosting provider or domain registrar separately as the platform provides them by default. This is what makes Wix a more flexible and simpler solution than Mobirise.
With Wix, you get a chance to create a site and go live with it straight away. Besides, the platform is perfect for newbies who need to build any website type from a professional blog or portfolio to fully-featured digital stores or small business sites. The website builder offers two website editing options to target diverse audience types. These include Wix ADI and Standard Wix Editor. The high end Wix Artificial Design Intelligence tool lets you start websites in the automated mode and works best for beginners, Standard Editor grants access to the dashboard of the service to pick the tools for manual website creation.
Wix also boasts an impressive template gallery, which currently encompasses over 550 themes. They are free, niche-divided and mobile-ready by default. You can either pick and customize one of the pre-designed templates or design the one of your own from scratch. The system does not require coding proficiency, which makes it a nice solution for beginners.
As to other Wix benefits, the most popular of them include:
- eCommerce Platform. The website builder lets you start and customize digital stores (small and medium) via Wix Stores widget integration.
- Blogging Engine. Due to the built-in blogging engine, it is possible to run a quality blog with the system.
- App Market. Wix is known for its App Market with an extensive choice of free and paid applications/widgets/extensions that may contribute to your project design and performance.
- Ascend by Wix. This is a free all-in-one business solution, which comprises 20 products to start, manage and promote business websites.
- Wix SEO Wiz. The widget allows setting up SEO parameters for quality DIY website optimization, following step-by-step guidelines the system provides by default.
Users may try Wix at no cost thanks to a free plan. However, it is very limited and does not offer deep flexibility. You may choose a paid plan depending on your goals with a hosting and domain already included. The website builder offers two types of premium subscriptions for Standard and Business/eCommerce projects. Their cost starts from $13/mo.
2. Webflow – Great Software Alternative
Webflow – is a great software alternative to Mobirise, which allows for HTML, JS, and CSS editing. It is good for both newbies who do not know how to code as well as professional web designers who want to make the most of custom CRM, design elements, animation, and visual effects.
Some of the Webflow features are similar to Mobirise. However, it comes with more advantages that include hosting, inline editing, great cooperative tools, etc. The website builder lets you reveal programming skills needed to design professional websites to comply with your needs. This is what makes the system similar to modern CMS and Adobe programs in terms of complexity and integrated functionality. Thus, if you are trained to work with these platforms, mastering Webflow will not be a problem for you.
The website builder grants access to its professional template editor, which comes with two website editing modes, namely Designer and Editor. The choice of the most suitable mode depends upon user’s coding skills and project development needs.
The list of other Webflow merits includes:
- Visual Approach. Webflow has established an exclusive website building approach where major attention is paid to visualization realized via integration of complex visual effects.
- A Range of Components. The system lets you pick and arrange website components – from embedded code containers and tabs to responsive website navigation, social sharing, text, and other elements – without dealing with the source code.
- Hosting Included. The platform comes with integrated hosting facilities, ensuring 99.9% uptime rate, instant system updates, a custom domain name, daily website backups etc.
- Showcasing Tools. Users are allowed to create public portfolios to highlight their skills, recent works, achievements etc.
- Powerful Integrations. The website builder allows integrating projects with Lightbox Gallery, Lottie and After Effects to get the most out of your project performance and design.
- Powerful CSS Editing. The platform lets you use advanced CSS editing skills to give your project deeper flexibility.
Webflow has a free never-expiring subscription and several premium plans that differ in their functionality and services included. Their cost starts from $12/mo.
3. WordPress – Free CMS (Hosted Alternative)
WordPress – is a free open-source self-hosted content management system. Just like with Mobirise, WP requires additional hosting to keep your website files. The difference is that you will be able to choose from several WordPress-optimized server solutions delivered by such trusted hosting providers like Bluehost, for example. They offer seamless integration, free domain, and other perks needed to launch and maintain a website.
WordPress CMS stands out from the crowd due to its powerful plugin integration options. You can find lots of plugins to match your website, irrespective of the niche you focus on. Either you want to focus on the website SEO, connect analytic tools, create engaging contact forms, or add extra safety means, simply choose and activate the plugin you need. WordPress plugins are free and paid and you can integrate any of them with a few cicks only.
Along with extensive plugin choice, the system grants access to quality templates, which are available in stock as well as on the web. They are free and paid as well, featuring versatile characteristics and parameters.
The major WordPress advantages include:
- Explicitly Design Customization Freedom. Due to its open-source nature, the CMS grants full control over the website source code, thus letting you create any project design.
- Content Management Tools. WordPress is the ultimate platform for content management that provides the required set of text formatting instruments, blog publishing tools etc.
- Blogging Engine. The platform was initially created for blogging purposes and, thus, it delivers multiple niche tools to get started with your blog development.
- Code Editing. The CMS requires the knowledge of programming basics to launch professional web projects.
- Free Hosting Choice. The system doesn’t have integrated hosting, letting you pick any solution you need for your project.
- Rich User Community. WordPress boasts one of the most extensive user communities in the world, which keeps growing steadily.
WordPress is completely free for everyone. To start a feature-rich project with it, you won’t go without getting extra plugins, themes as well as hosting/domain name provider. This implies extra financial expenditures. The best hosting solutions for WordPress is Bluehost. The hosting provider offers its WP-optimized server solutions that include website security package, great performance, access to plugins and themes, full integration with the CMS, etc. The price goes from $2.95 per month.
4. Squarespace – Mobirise Similar Software
Squarespace – is a trusted Mobirise similar software, which is used to start all types of websites, including catchy portfolios, blogs and small/medium digital stores. The website builder is not quite easy for beginners as it takes some time to master and get used to the system. Its functionality allows for creative freedom. As a result, projects built with Squarespace are both visually-appealing and feature-laden.
The website builder comes with powerful eCommerce and blogging engines. This lets its subscribers create and manage quality online stores and blogs. The system allows for SSL Certificate connection, social media integration, application of customer engagement tools (vide/image embedding, product customization, blog post publication and scheduling etc.).
Squarespace has a rich collection of stylish and responsive templates, which currently encompasses over 100 customizable themes. These are free, niche-divided and responsive, which makes Squarespace-based websites viewable on desktop and mobile devices.
Notable highlights of the website builder encompass:
- Logo Maker. The advanced tool lets you design and integrate a personalized logo into your personal/business website.
- Integrated Statistics Collection Tool. When managing websites, you can integrate Google Analytics tools or a specialized Squarespace Metrics App to track your project performance.
- Multiple Contributors. The website builder encourages for team cooperation, letting you assign access rights to each member involved in project development.
- Contact Form Builder. When customizing a project, it is possible either to use the built-in contact forms or to create a brand new one from scratch via the use of Contact Form Builder.
- Acuity Scheduling Platform. A professional online appointment scheduling system ensures effective development and management of your local business, using multiple tools for this purpose.
- Unfold Storytelling Tool. The app allows creating and sharing feature-rich and visually-appealing stories/posts in social networks.
Squarespace doesn’t have a free plan, yet there is an opportunity to test its integrated feature set for free during the 14-day trial. To go live with your website, you’ll need to upgrade to one of four premium subscriptions. The cheapest plan costs $12/mo.
5. Pinegrow – Alternative Web Editor for Professionals
Pinegrow – is a quality Mobirise alternative web editor for professionals eager to benefit from a range of Bootstrap and Foundation components. Just like Mobirise, Pinegrow is a downloadable app available for Windows and Mac. But those are the only common things between two platforms.
The software makes it possible to build and manage multiple pages simultaneously using CSS styling with support for LESS and SASS. It can be used to convert static HTML pages into WordPress themes (but not vice versa). All you need is to set necessary parameters inside the editor for an existing layout and add WordPress action. Then you may export a ready-to-go WP template.
Other Pinegrow benefits are as follows:
- Smart Drag-and-Drop Editor. Designed mainly for pros, the system still has a drag-and-drop function to let you rearrange existing elements, move new blocks, clone needed components, add or delete different HTML elements.
- WordPress Pages Built from Scratch. The system offers a selection of pre-designed WordPress elements that can be added with a click to design a new WP page from scratch.
- Bootstrap & Foundation. Users can access a library of ready-made framework components to layout visual controls, resize columns, modify grids, and customize themes using tools that apply to both Bootstrap and Foundation.
To start using the software, you need to have the app installed. It is compatible with both Windows and MAC. Users may choose from several types of subscriptions, the cheapest of which starts from $12/mo (or $99/year with one time annual payment).
6. SITE123 – Free Mobirise Alternative
SITE123 – is a free Mobirise alternative, which was created with the needs, skills and requirements of newbies in mind. The use of the system does not require any preliminary web design expertise – so intuitive, simple and convenient it is for everyone. The DIY website builder works great for the development of all types of web projects, namely portfolios, small business websites, blogs, digital stores and other kinds of personal/business projects.
The platform encompasses an extensive collection of templates, all of which are free, customizable and niche-specific. The designs are also responsive by default, which means that they display great on mobile and desktop devices.
What’s more, SITE123 comes with extensive integration options, which makes it easy for you to choose different kinds of extensions and widgets to contribute to your project performance. These include high end Analytic tools, Galleries, Live Chat and Online Form Builder to mention a few.
When it comes to using SITE123, there is an opportunity to access the following advantages:
- App Market. The system comes with a rich collection of widgets/add-ons and extensions (both free and paid) you can pick and integrate into your website.
- eCommerce Platform. SITE123 has a powerful integrated eCommerce platform, which lets you start and manage small-to-mid-size online stores.
- Blogging Engine. Due to its integrated blogging engine, the website builder allows running a quality blog, irrespective of the niche you specialize in.
- Logo Maker. The system allows using its Logo Maker to design and integrate a quality logo into your personal or business project to boost your brand reputation.
- Multilingual Support. SITE123 is a nice tool for users, willing to make their websites available in several language versions.
The website builder offers quite an affordable pricing policy. This is one of the cheapest systems to work with. You can create quality websites with a free plan and manage them during the unlimited time interval. To get access to premium features and to boost your project performance, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions the system offers. Their cost starts from $10.80/mo.
7. Dreamweaver – Web Development Tool from Adobe
Adobe Dreamweaver CC – is a professional web development tool from Adobe. It mainly targets experienced web designers, who have an intention to launch, customize and publish various types of websites and offline apps. The software is provided as a part of Creative Cloud service, which means that it grants access to multiple high-end design-related options and tools. Dreamweaver has gained worldwide popularity after Muse support discontinuation, which has made many users switch to Dreamweaver.
Effective software application implies a certain degree of coding knowledge. To get a feature-laden project, you will need to work in the professional code editor of the program. One of the most remarkable highlights of the website builder is its automatic code completion tool. It simplifies the process of website editing by finishing the code for you as soon as you start typing it. This is a handy option for all user categories – both newbies and professionals.
Dreamweaver also stands out from the crowd due to its powerful integrations with other Adobe products. They are applicable for a broad range of web design goals and can be viewed and picked in the rich Creative Cloud Gallery as well as in the Adobe Stock Marketplace. This is where you can browse multiple extensions and widgets, such as Dimension CC and Animate CC, InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, After Effects CC, Illustrator CC, Premiere Pro CC etc. Third-party extensions are available here as well. These include Business Catalyst, Bitbucket, GitHub and many more.
Of you are right about to pick Dreamweaver as Mobirise alternative, have a look at the most crucial software advantages now:
- Multi Language Support. The system supports several languages (English, Swedish, Polish, Dutch, Turkish etc.), which makes it possible to start more feature-rich projects to target international audience.
- Adobe Stock Marketplace. If you are looking for a quality image collection or any other extension included into Creative Cloud service, you will find plenty of them here.
- Fast and Simple Deployment. The software comes with a broad range of templates and layouts to let you design and edit HTML web pages, including portfolios, blogs, web stores and many more.
- Cross-Platform Products. Dreamweaver lets you design multi-purpose products (websites and apps) for various types of mobile/desktop devices.
Adobe Dreamweaver is not free, but there is an opportunity to test its integrated functionality during the 7-day trial version. If you expect to avail deeper flexibility, you can opt for one of the premium subscriptions – either Personal or Enterprise. Their cost starts from $14.99/mo. Additionally, you will find individual subscriptions for educational institutions here.
8. uKit – Mobirise Alternative for Small Business
uKit – is a worthy Mobirise alternative for small business projects. The website builder is regarded as one of the cheapest web design systems in the contemporary niche. It is geared towards the needs of non-techies, offering plenty of simple web development tools and features to them. Along with powerful and feature-rich small business websites, uKit makes it possible to start blogs, portfolios, landing pages and even web stores.
With uKit, everyone can start quite a functional website in less than a few hours. This is also applicable to beginners, who don’t have any web design skills at all. The website builder has an integrated WYSIWYG editor that lets you control the entire process of website creation.
The system also grants access to hundreds of customizable and responsive templates. There are over 400 of them here. The designs are niche-specific and absolutely free for everyone. If you don’t like the selected theme for some reason, you can switch to any other design on any stage of the website development process.
Speaking about other remarkable advantages of the website builder, here they go:
- Blogging Platform. With uKit, you can start, customize and promote a quality blog for higher customer engagement rate.
- eCommerce Engine. The website builder lets you create a web store in two popular ways – either by integrating the Ecwid plugin or by connecting and customizing a Product widget.
- AmoCRM Integration. uKit allows for convenient AmoCRM integration, which makes it possible to use the advanced system of client/deal accounting to eventually boost your sales volume.
- Quality Interaction Tools. uKit grants access to multiple interaction tools (Callback Forms, LiveChat Widget, MailChimp etc.) that let you stay connected with the target audience.
- Integrable Widgets. The website builder allows choosing from multiple integrable widgets (social networks, contacts, media widgets etc.) that can enhance your project popularity.
- SendPulse Integration. uKit has recently announced its SendPulse integration which now lets its users add and adjust web push notifications for website users with a few clicks only.
uKit has a free 14-day trial, which is enough to test its integrated feature set. To go live with your project, you’ll be able to upgrade to one of the paid plans. Their cost starts from $4/mo only. Ths is one of the cheapest pricing offers ever.
Mobirise is one of the first systems that comes to mind, when it tackles the choice of the offline website builder. This is because it is super easy, convenient and free. The only serious drawback of the platform is hosting, which has to be chosen separately. This requires extra investment of time, money and effort.
For users, who do not find that convenient, the above-mentioned alternatives appear to be a simpler option. They are all feature-rich and convenient enough to launch and run any type of website that complies with your niche specialization and web design requirements. To define the system, which works best for your individual project, it makes sense to test each of them to find out their pros, cons and special parameters. Go ahead to independently explore the systems to define your own winner!