Despite visually appealing high-end design and security, the specialized Mac software is far from being a perfect tool for building websites. It offers a limited pack of HTML facilities needed for separate CSS files rather than having them in a single website.
As a result, Mac users are looking for cloud-based and SaaS platforms and instruments instead of giving preference to traditional website building tools, which are developed for Mac and require preliminary installation.
Website builders prove to be the right kind of tools Mac users can easily apply to create stunning web resources for different purposes from scratch. They don’t require serious effort and money investment, offering an extensive feature set instead. They are intuitive and simple for users with diverse web design background and do not require special skills, letting users effortlessly build quality web resources on their own. With a quality website builder, your project will have a professional look and powerful functionality.
Websites launched by Mac users are full-featured and come with appealing design. They are easy-to-manage and make it possible to provide all the content you wish to see on your website. This matters a lot for the fans of Mac web building software, who wish to save their effort and time, availing decent and full-featured websites created with a website builder.
We Tested Out 15 Of The Best Website Builder Software for Mac:
- WordPress – Best Hosted CMS for Mac OS X Users
- SITE123 – Simple Website Builder for Newbies and Web Design Pros
- RapidWeaver – Best Web Design Software for Mac
- Web.com -WYSIWYG Website Builder for Mac OS
- Wix – SaaS Website Builder for Mac OS
- Blocs – Easiest Drag and Drop Website Builder
- Webflow – Professional Website Builder Software
- Ionos – Web Building Platform with Hosting
- Zyro – AI-Powered Website Builder for Mac Users
- Webnode – Intuitive Web Building Tool for Everyone
- Shopify – Full-Featured eCommerce Platform
- IM Creator – Free and Easy Website Builder for Mac Projects
- Mobirise – Free Website Building Software
- Karelia Sandvox – Specialized Web Design Software for Mac OS
- Squarespace – Popular All-in-One Website Builder
If you have made up your mind to look for a decent Mac web building software, then take your time to look through the reviews of these popular and full-featured services listed in the post. Their comparison and list of highlights will simplify the choice for you. Let’s get started now.
WordPress – Best Hosted CMS for Mac OS X Users
WordPress – is the best hosted CMS for Mac OS X users, which is used to launch and manage different types of projects. The system was initially created with blogging purposes in mind yet it quickly evolved into a full-featured platform with high end functionality and flexibility.
WordPress highlights are as follows:
- Downloading and Installation – As a CMS, WordPress requires downloading and installation. This does not take much time but it doesn’t mean that working with the service is easy for everyone. If you are not a proficient web designer or at least don’t possess basic programming knowledge, you may find the system a bit complicated. This is because working with WordPress implies coding awareness. Otherwise, you may encounter problems, when integrated plugins or customizing templates.
- Integration Options – The CMS stands out from the crowd due to its powerful integration options. Whatever niche you specialize in and whatever project type you expect to launch, there are plenty of plugins and external templates you can browse and add to your website. This allows extending the functionality of the system, giving it the required performance and high end design.
- Design Customization Options – WordPress is also known for its advanced design customization options. All the templates you will pick for your project can be launched absolutely from scratch – just pick and modify the required template settings, experiment with colors, styles, backgrounds, images and media files available in stock here. You can also upload and integrate your own social media files, gallery images, docs and other required elements.
- Hosting and Domain Name Choice – As a downloadable system, WordPress doesn’t offer integrated hosting options. Instead, the system allows choosing any hosting provider that works best for your project needs. By the way, many contemporary hosts come with integrated CMS that imply one-click installation only. Bluehost is one of such hosting providers and this is the platform, which is officially recommended by WordPress. The host offers a free bonus domain name during the first year of the subscription duration, fast page load speed, multiple integrations, affordable pricing as well as 60% discount for WordPress installation and other advantages.
Cost: WordPress is a free downloadable CMS, which can be installed at no cost at all. The system, however, allows integrating third-party plugins and extensions that require additional budget investment. The same is about template integration, hosting and domain name cost. The cheapest Bluehost plan, for example, currently costs $2.95/mo, which is more than affordable for everyone.
SITE123 – Simple Website Builder for Newbies and Web Design Pros
SITE123 – is a simple website builder for newbies and web design pros that can be equally used for Mac and Windows. The system works great for all types of web projects, while its application does not require any coding or web design awareness. The system was created with the needs of beginners in mind yet it is also a nice pick for experienced web developers. Being a simple, intuitive and functional website builder, SITE123 encompasses the following advantages:
- eCommerce and Blogging. Despite its simplicity, SITE123 contains powerful eCommerce and blogging engines, which make it possible to start and manage quality online stores and blogs. To encourage user interest, it is possible to enable commenting option, integrate social sharing buttons, enable multilingual support, add media elements and other features/tools that will increase your project performance.
- App Market. The website builder comes with an extensive integrated App Market that grants access to multiple widgets, apps, extensions and add-ons. There are many applications to choose from here with regard to your website niche focus. The most popular widgets, however, include Galleries, Live Chat, social network widgets, Analytic Tools, Online Form Builder and many more.
- Customer Interaction Options. The fact that SITE123 is a simple website builder often makes it a worthy pick for users, who intend to run customer-oriented projects. This is where a set of tools intended for enhanced customer interaction will definitely come in handy. It is possible to use the Schedule Booking feature, Restaurant Reservation tool, ticket booking option and other suchlike options.
- Logo Maker. SITE123 also stands out from the crowd due to its high end Logo Maker tool. Its application makes it possible to design and integrate a logo into your website to boost your brand reputation and make it prevail over niche competitors.
- Multilingual Support. The website builder comes with a multilingual support feature, which makes it possible to set up, customize and manage projects in different languages. This is a nice option, if you intend to target foreign customers or partners.
- Form Builder. With SITE123, it is possible to build and integrate online forms in any project to reach the goals you have set. It’s up to you to create web forms based on your project type and objectives you wish to avail.
Cost: The website builder is both easy and affordable. To be precise, this is one of the cheapest website builders out there. SITE123 has a completely free plan, which is an advantage for non-techies planning to explore the platform’s functionality prior to upgrading to its paid subscriptions. The cost of premium plans is quite cheap as well and starts from $10.80/mo only.
RapidWeaver – Best Web Design Software for Mac
RapidWeaver – is the best web design software for Mac, which was specially designed for users, who wish to create full-featured web applications and websites with no coding involved. The platform lets you start responsive beautiful websites without any preparation or web design background.
Have a look at the list of RapidWeaver highlights:
- MacOS Technologies – The website builder supports all the MacOS technologies, including iCloud and Document tabs. This lets you start websites from scratch, starting from simple one page projects and up to complex online stores.
- Template Choice – The system allows choosing from over 50 integrated templates, while more than 100 responsive themes are additionally provided by the system’s community. RapidWeaver ensures easy web page management, letting you create new pages and subpages as well as customizing them from scratch. A convenient preview feature makes it possible to track the edits you make before you publish the project.
- Device Simulator – The new feature lets you see the way your newly created website will look on various devices, including iPhone’s, iPad’s, Mac’s and more. The feature is flexible and powerful, letting you open, scale and even save several windows to track the changes afterwards.
- Media Manager Tool – RapidWeaver comes with a powerful media integration tool that lets you effectively manage your project resources. You can gain access to your Photo Library, browser and images from the largest free online photo library. Just pick those that correspond to your website specialization to further drag-and-drop them to your website pages.
Cost: The software is free, but you will have to upgrade to the paid subscription, if you wish to get the most out of its advanced feature set. The cost of the paid plan currently constitutes $99, but the system frequently introduces special offers and discounts for those, who wish to save big, while using it.
Web.com – All-In-One Hosting Solution
The Web.com – is a WYSIWYG website builder for Mac OS that has also gained popularity as a trusted web hosting service. The system makes it possible to create web projects for personal and commercial use as well as to host websites launched with other third-party platforms. Another highlight of the system is that its use does not imply coding proficiency. This means that everyone can work with it to set up feature-laden projects.
The major Web.com advantages are as follows:
- Website Builder. Along with hosting options, the company offers an opportunity to launch, customize and update feature-rich websites. Due to the availability of the built-in SaaS website builder, everyone can start commercial and non-commercial web projects here. The process does not require programming knowledge as it is easy, intuitive and convenient even for non-techies.
- Block-Based Structure. Web.com templates are comprised of content blocks. You can configure and adjust them on a web page as required to form the desired layout and structure. The designs are all free, responsive and visually-appealing. They will work great for all types of devices and platforms, including Mac OS.
- Blogging/eCommerce. Starting quality blogs and web stores is not a problem with Web.com. Due to the built-in blogging/eCommerce platforms, everyone can manage these types of projects with no programming/web design expertise. The system offers special templates for digital stores and blogs along with advanced tools needed for their customization, publication and further promotion.
- Integrations. Web.com makes it possible to integrate special add-ons and widgets to match your website specialization and niche focus. You can add customer interaction tools, online forms, Google Maps etc.
- Automatic Backups. Even if you are not a web design pro, you can feel safe when working on your project creation. This is due to the automated backup feature the system has in stock. This means that the software automatically saves your project, thus, ensuring content preservation. The feature is free, but you can additionally use a Secure Socket Layer Certificate at $24 and more per year.
- SSL Support. Another way to ensure maximum website protection is to connect the SSL Certificate to the project. The feature, however, is currently available in terms of premium plans. Thus, free SSL Certificate connection is not provided here.
- Extra SecurityTools. As a trusted hosting provider, Web.com grants access to multiple tools that ensure maximum security of projects. Apart from the opportunity of SSL Certificate connection, the software also allows using CatchGuard to prevent email viruses and scams. This is due to the application of Sender Policy Framework authentication and DomainKeys Identified Main tech tools.
Cost: You won’t find a completely free Web.com subscription or trial. However, there is an opportunity to choose from three premium plans that come with hosting solutions and multiple features to meet your project specifications. The cost of paid plans starts at $4.95/mo.
Wix – SaaS Website Builder for Mac OS
Wix – is the best SaaS website builder for Mac OS, which makes it simple to create full-featured projects with stunning design. The system allows building different types of websites for personal and business use. It comes with out-of-the-box functionality, which is more than enough to cover a broad spectrum of versatile web design needs.
The list of major Wix advantages includes:
- Wix ADI Tool – The website builder automatically builds a website for you, using the submitted content. A convenient WYSIWYG website editor allows controlling each step of the website customization process, fixing the problems on time.
- Editing Options – The system unveils an opportunity to use a standard website editor and the mobile one. Edits made in the standard mode are displayed in the mobile version, while those made in the mobile website version are not reflected in the desktop mode.
- Responsive Templates – Wix also comes with hundreds of mobile-ready templates accessible via tablets and smartphones powered by iOS that are 100% customizable and intuitive in nature.
- Wix App Market – This is another highlight of the website builder, where you can browse hundreds of free and paid widgets, extensions and apps available there. You can integrate the selected themes into your website to contribute to its usability.
- Forum, Blog and eCommerce – The website builder comes with forum, blogging and eCommerce engines. This makes it possible to create, connect and manage a forum, a blog or an online store with no hassle at all.
- Velo by Wix – If you intend to launch and integrate applications into your website, go ahead to use Velo by Wix – an advanced open development platform used to start professional web applications with no coding skills or preliminary web design experience needed. The platform provides the required toolset all in one place – just choose those features and tools you need need for your project and start working on your web app development.
- Ascend Tool – This is a free all-in-one business solution, which provides an abundance of tools (there are over 20 products available in the feature set of the pack) that are a must-have for your business promotion. These products help you effectively grow your business, increase customer base and advertise your services on the web.
Cost: You can use the system features at no cost at all, using its free plan that never expires. To bring your website functionality to the brand new level, though, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid plans. Currently, Wix offers two types of subscriptions, namely Website and Business/eCommerce plans. The cost of Website plans starts at $22/mo to reach $45/mo for the most expensive subscription, while that of Business/eCommerce plans starts with $27/mo to reach $59/mo for the most advanced pricing option.
Blocs – Easiest Drag and Drop Website Builder
Blocs – is the easiest drag-and-drop website builder for Mac, which can be a worthy solution, if you need to create a catchy portfolio, attractive landing page or a website to promote products/services online. The website builder has a drag-and-drop option to handle easy editing. It comes with a high flexibility level and a pack of extra tools.
The list of Blocs merits is as follows:
- Block and Bricks Structure – The website builder offers a block and bricks structure. You just have to pick ready made content blocks and customize them as you need. The WYSIWYG page tool makes editing simple and fast. No coding skills or FTP manager are required to start a website with Blocs, but this triggers the need to look for an external hosting provider to upload and update the files when needed.
- HTML-Based Website Structure – Blocs doesn’t have a cloud dashboard to edit content. Instead, you will be offered a primary HTML-based website structure. To get a more complex project, you’ll have to customize your website with a CMS. This obviously requires coding skills and web design background. The system does not have integrated default templates as this is basically the app used to launch HTML-based themes on your own.
- Template Development – The themes are developed by the application of stock editor tools. If this option does not appeal to you for some reason, you can get paid templates at the official website of the service (the cost of one theme constitutes $20).
Cost: Blocs has a free downloadable trial version and two paid license types, the cost of which constitutes $99.99 and $149.99 correspondingly. Apart from that, you’ll have to pay around $100 per year for the hosting and about $60 for an opportunity to switch from the old website version of the service to the new one.
Webflow – Professional Website Builder Software
Webflow – is a professional website builder software, which delivers exceptional web design experience and comes with powerful integrated functionality. The platform is not quite easy to master as it mainly targets professional web developers looking for a quality tool to get started with their custom projects. It takes time, effort and skills to master and use the system, while awareness of coding basics will definitely be an advantage here.
Here is the list of features Webflow is initially known for:
- Complex Web Design Approach. The website builder does not provide an intuitive website development approach because of its complexity and orientation on professional users. To some extent, Webflow is similar to modern CMS or Adobe Software programs in terms of functionality and application. So, if you have got the experience of working with these programs, getting used to Webflow won’t be a problem for you.
- Dynamic Content Use. The system makes it possible to create and upload dynamic content. To do this, you can pick and use the structures provided in the field combinations. This is how you can launch and customize forums, blogs, portfolios, business web pages, online forms, video/image galleries and other content types that match your website style and focus.
- Integrations. Creation of dynamic content also becomes possible due to powerful integrations Webflow comes with. The website builder makes it possible to integrate Lightbox Galleries, Lottie and After Effects tools into your website to get the most out of its performance and presentation.
- Powerful Template EditingTools. The system allows creating websites in its advanced template editor, which requires thorough exploration. The dashboard is also more complicated here as compared to the major niche competitors. The editor itself includes the main features of standard visual editors and it also allows adjusting general settings, working with folders, integrable modules, add-ons, widgets and other website elements. Webflow editor lets you choose from two website modes – Designer and Editor, which depends upon your project and web design requirements.
Cost: Webflow is quite an expensive website builder. The good news, though, is that the system offers versatile pricing options to meet any needs and budget. There is a free plan that never expires here, but it comes with a number of restrictions that don’t let you get the most out of all the system performance. Premium Webflow plans are available in two groups, each of which includes more detailed subscriptions. The cost of paid subscriptions starts at $12/mo.
Ionos – Web Building Platform With Hosting
IONOS by 1&1 – is a web building platform with hosting, which allows both creating and storing projects started with third-party systems. What’s more, Ionos is one of the oldest hosting providers as it was first introduced to the market in 1988. Thus, the software managed to get a reputation with millions of users across the globe and it still remains one of the most popular systems. It works great for all types of personal and business projects, irrespective of their size, complexity and niche specialization.
It’s high time to review the major Ionos features now:
- Website Builder. Ionos is a system that combines a DIY website builder and hosting. The website builder is quite easy, convenient and intuitive for everyone. No coding knowledge is needed to launch projects with it – just complete three major steps the system offers to set up the required website. Start with picking a template, then upload content to further customize and publish a ready-made project. That’s fast and simple for everyone. Additionally, the website builder offers SSL and domain connection, professional email along with built-in privacy and analytic tools.
- eCommerce Platform. If you intend to set up a digital store, Ionos can help you with that. Due to the integrated eCommerce engine, the website builder allows starting and customizing all types of digital stores. What’s more, you can pick and connect any hosting you like, be it Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop etc.
- WordPress Hosting. An important opportunity Ionos offers is WordPress hosting connection. There are several plans for WordPress-powered websites to choose from here. The software guarantees quality caching, CDN, fast SSD storage as well as SSH and WP-CLI for more efficient control. WP hosting also ensures reliable features for developers like .htaccess, domain API, cron job scheduling and more. Browse the available options to select the best hosting for your project.
- Enhanced Security Solutions. Whatever Ionos plan you subscribe to and whatever products you use, the software guarantees advanced security options. You have an opportunity to connect GeoTrust Dedicated SSL Certificate and use special tools like Site Scan and SSL Wildcard at no cost. This is enough to prevent unauthorized third-party hacker attacks and all kinds of malware threats. If needed, you can also enable the SiteLock Trust Seal to safely manage your projects and let users complete the real-time verification for enhanced website protection.
- SSL Certificate. If you run a website on Ionos, you can be sure it is stored on the software servers with a connected SSL Certificate. This also contributes to its safety and advanced performance.
Cost: Ionos is quite an affordable website builder. In fact, you will be surprised to find out the cost of its plans. If you just intend to design a website, the cost of subscriptions will start at $1/mo only. This is a special offer for the first 12 months of the system use. Mind that the cost does not include eCommerce features. Speaking about hosting, Ionos also offers several types of subscriptions yet the prices vary based on the selected plan and the terms it includes. The cost of shared hosting starts at $4/mo.
Zyro – AI-Powered Website Builder for Mac Users
Zyro – is an AI-Powered Website Builder for Mac users, which belongs to a new generation of web design platforms. The highlight of the software is Artificial Intelligence technology that makes it possible to independently create personal and commercial projects with no coding and in several easy steps. The website builder ensures a simple and intuitive web design process. You just have to provide website-related data to let the system literally build a project for you. Further you’ll also need to customize a website, add relevant content and connect marketing and business management tools, if required.
The list of Zyro pros includes:
- AI Tools. Powered by Artificial Intelligence, Zyro grants access to multiple AI tools that can notably enhance your project performance. These include Slogan Generator, AI Heat Maps, Business Name Generator and many more.
- AI Writer. The tool helps generate SEO-friendly content for your business website in the automated mode. As a result, this has a positive impact upon the positions of your project in the search engines.
- Logo Maker. Zyro makes it possible to independently design and customize your brand logo to highlight its identity and niche specialization. The built-in Logo Maker grants access to a set of tools and special elements for advanced business logo creation and integration.
- Image/Video Integration. Whatever type of website you decide to set up, Zyro allows enhancing its design and functionality by means of integration of images and video galleries. You can independently create presentations and galleries to showcase your company performance, special news, upcoming events and other related info.
- CTA Buttons. If you are an owner of a business website, who aims at generating a customer base, integration of Call-To-Action buttons will certainly be a useful experience for you. Zyro lets you do that with a few clicks only.
- Google Maps Integration. Indicating the exact physical company location is frequently a must. Google Maps embedding, which is possible with Zyro website builder, will provide your customers with this useful info, thus, enhancing your business reputation. No coding skills are needed to do this. The embedding process is completed with a few actions only.
Cost: Zyro is not an expensive website builder. It offers several plans to choose from with regard to users requirements and project parameters. You won’t find a free plan here as well as a free trial. The cost of premium subscriptions starts at $2.90/mo. That’s more than affordable for everyone. What’s important, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee that allows getting your payment back, if you are not satisfied with the terms of the selected plan or the quality of services offered.
Webnode – Intuitive Web Building Tool for Everyone
The Webnode – is an intuitive web building tool for everyone, which works equally great for beginners and web design pros. It may take some time to get used to the software and its special features yet the web design process is quite intuitive and understandable here. The system is a nice pick for Mac users, willing to set up eCommerce and business projects. There are special plans for these types of websites here. An interesting feature is that the platform is available in several languages and includes a powerful set of features in stock.
The range of Webnode advantages includes:
- Blogging/eCommerce. With Webnode, you can set up, customize and promote blogs and online stores based on the objectives you pursue. When manangin a blog, you can add and update posts, schedule new publications, enable user comments etc., while running a digital store lets you create product galleries, add new items for sale, connect shipping/payment options etc.
- Multilingual Support. The website builder lets you start websites in over 24 languages based on the location you target and your project specialization. This enhances your website functionality and general impact on users.
- Integrations. The platform cannot boast a rich gallery of extensions and add-ons. However, you can pick and use widgets to track website statistics, traffic flow and other important parameters related to your project. Among the extensions you can use, one can mention AdSense, Google Analytics, reporting, marketing and stats tracking tools etc.
- Form Builder. Whatever type of website you run, integration of online forms will certainly enhance its performance, design and user interest. With Webnode form builder, this task becomes easy and quick. You don’t have to possess programming skills to do that.
- Team Work. Starting a project with a team of co-thinkers is now possible with Webnode. The website builder supports team collaboration features, letting you stay in charge of your project. You can also add other members to your team and even assign roles to everyone for more effective project development and management.
Cost: Webnode is a cost-effective website builder. It is known for the diversity of plans to match versatile needs of users. A free subscription works well for testing the software and improving your web design expertise. To get access to the full range of tools and features available in stock, you will have to upgrade to one of premium plans. The price starts at $3.90/mo.
Shopify – Full-Featured eCommerce Platform
Shopify – is the full-featured eCommerce platform, which is currently considered the best in the current web design market, when it comes to web store development, management and promotion. The software abounds in high end design customization, web store/product management features, marketing tools and promotion opportunities. With Shopify, you can run a small-to-large web store that adheres to your special business needs and requirements. To find out the major system highlights, have a look at them below:
- POS Software. Shopify is one of the best systems that comes with integrated Point-of-Sale software. This feature lets you manage your shop not only online, but also in its physical location, adjusting the required settings when required. This is where you can sell products, accept credit card payments, adjust shipping parameters etc. To let you do this, Shopify offers a broad range of marketing, inventory management, shipping/payment options.
- Advanced Integrations. Shopify integrations deserve special attention. They can be chosen and applied for a variety of purposes based on your web store specialization and your personal/business goals. The platform allows integrating with world-known marketplaces and high end accounting software, namely Quickbooks, Amazon, Xero etc. As a result, you can sell both physical and digital products through these and other platforms Shopify works with.
- Order/Product Management Solutions. The software is solely focused on eCommerce goals and, thus, it lets you effectively manage orders and products online. You can integrate a shopping cart along with the “Buy” button into your web store to allow customers create as many product cards/lists as they need. The system also lets you export/import products in CSV file format to ensure a convenient and smooth process of product/order management.
- Powerful Marketing Tools. To ensure proper web store promotion, Shopify grants access to powerful marketing tools. The most popular and widespread of them include web store statistics tracking, creation of online receipts, control and analysis of your web store account, opportunity to use advanced Shopify marketing features, such as BOGO discounts, App Store, Shopify Tap & Chip Reader, Shopify Ping etc. Additionally, the software boasts a high end Augmented Reality tool that lets you present your web store products and services in the 3D mode for more effective customer engagement.
Cost: Shopify is a moderately-priced eCommerce software. It doesn’t have a free plan yet there is a 14-day trial to let you try the integrated functionality of the system to further decide on its potential applicability. Shopify has several premium subscriptions to choose from. Their cost starts at $9/mo.
IM Creator – Free and Easy Website Builder for Mac Projects
IM Creator – is a free and easy website builder for Mac and Windows, which works great for business websites, portfolios, blogs and small web stores. The system is simple for everyone, irrespective of users’ web design skills and coding proficiency. IM Creator stands out from the crowd due to its unusual website structure, availability of stripes, templates and design customization tool that lets you create one-of-a-kind projects for personal and business use. If you are thinking about using the website builder, have a look at its major benefits now:
- Blogging and eCommerce. The system comes with quality blogging and eCommerce engines that let you start, manage and promote online stores and niche blogs. This is a surefire way to drive user attention and increase your business reputability. Apart from publishing and updating articles, managing products and orders, you can also enable the commenting feature here, integrate social media sharing buttons and other elements that matter a lot for these very projects.
- Stripes Selection. One of the highlights of the website builder is the stripe-based structure of websites created with it. Stripes are available in various modes and implications, making it possible to give your project the required functionality and design. To some extent, they are used as integrable widgets that correspond to your website specialization.
- Free Responsive Designs. IM Creator boasts an impressive choice of free responsive designs. They are niche-specific and completely customizable to ensure high creativity level and advanced flexibility. Along with manual website editing, the website builder lets you integrate HTML codes to avail truly unique and personalized result.
- Image Integration. Another advantage of the website builder is its rich integrated collection of images. It is free for everyone, letting you pick and integrate those images that match your project specialization. In case you are pressed for time to browse the entire collection, you can use the search filter option to simplify the choice and save your time/effort.
- Multilingual Support. With IM Creator, you are free to create several language versions of your website based on the objectives you target and your actual requirements. This enhances your project performance and contributes to your business promotion in international markets.
Cost: IM Creator excels at pricing options. The website builder is absolutely free for users, who plan to start non-profit websites as well as for students and artists. There is, however, a separate group of plans for entrepreneurs, the cost of which starts at $8/mo.
Mobirise – Free Website Building Software
Mobirise – is a free downloadable software you should initially install on your Mac prior to starting working on your website development. The system is built with user convenience and simplicity in mind and it doesn’t require any web design skills or expertise to be effectively used by newbies.
Here is the list of the major Mobirise advantages:
- Content Blocks – The website builder comes with a block-based structure, which makes it possible to design websites out of ready-made content blocks. Their overall number currently exceeds 800 items and it steadily keeps growing. Arranging and customizing the blocks is simple and allows creating the required website structure. Websites launched with Mobirise are responsive by default.
- AMP Website Builder – Mobirise offers integrated AMP website builder, which lets you launch and manage projects that are perfectly optimized for mobile browsing and ensure quick downloading of web pages.
- Design Customization Tools – Mobirise design customization tools come out-of-the-box. They make it simple to adjust the major website parameters, style, integrate multiple media files and perform other actions.
- Hosting Choice – The website builder doesn’t have integrated hosting, but it makes it possible to host your ready-made project with GitHub pages for free.
Cost: Mobirise is an absolutely free website software, but you’ll have to pay for website hosting, domain name and integrations. There is also Premium Pack that comes with paid extensions as well as all-in-one kit, where you can choose between extra plugins and themes. The cost of the Premium Kit constitutes $149.
Karelia Sandvox – Specialized Web Design Software for Mac OS
Karelia Sandvox – is a specialized web design software for Mac OS, which lets even non-experts create impressive web projects to comply with individual needs, skills and requirements. The platform encompasses flexibility and power combined with ease-of-use and convenience. When using the system, you can start websites with blogs, image/video galleries, social media tools, online forms and other elements, the choice of which depends upon your website specialization. The list of Sandvox merits is as follows:
- Easy Website Editing. The system lets everyone build a 5-page website in less than half an hour and with no coding skills required. What you have to do is to access the Site Navigator and use the drag-and-drop editor to add/rearrange/adjust objects (images, videos, content blocks etc.) to present your project info as required.
- Wide Template Selection. The system offers over 60 high quality designs to choose from. They differ in their styles, color variations, content presentation etc. Websites created with Sandvox are HTML5 compliant and, thus, are compatible with Mac, Windows and iOS.
- Integration Options. The platform allows for media files integration. It has flexible photo galleries with high res images and videos for album creation. You can showcase your collections with slideshow modes, lightbox effects and other presentation features the system offers. Social media integration is available here as well.
- Blogging. The software comes with the built-in blogging engine. This is how you can easily create and customize a blog with the system without the need to use coding skills or third-party tools/ integrations.
Cost: Karelia Sandvox has a free demo version to enable users to try its main features before opting for a paid license. Web developers, who have successfully tested the software and decided to upgrade to the premium subscription, are offered three license types, namely Single User, Household and Site License Seats. The cost starts from $79.99. Additionally, get teddy to invest into hosting and domain name to go live with your project.
Squarespace – Popular All-In-One Website Builder
The Squarespace – is a popular all-in-one website builder, which occupies one of the top positions in the rating of the best contemporary web design platforms. The system has much to offer to all user categories – from non-techies and up to experienced web designers. It works well for nearly all types of web projects, including blogs, portfolios, business websites, landing pages and even small/medium digital stores. The software has a distinctive creative focus yet it includes multiple business/marketing tools in stock.
Here is the list of the major advantages of Squarespace website builder:
- WYSIWYG Design Editing. Squarespace is a WYSIWYG website builder. This means that it lets you control all the steps of the website development/customization process. It’s up to you to modify website sections, upload new content and customize the design based on your niche specialization and project requirements.This is a handy option for beginners.
- eCommerce/Blogging. With Squarespace, you can effectively set up, customier, manage and promote blogs and online stores. The website builder allows starting standard blogs, adding/editing posts, integrating media gfiles, scheduling new publications, enabling RSS feeds and user comments, adding geolocation tags, reblogging features etc. When running small/medium digital stores here, you can connect free SSL Certificates, integrate shopping carts, create appealing show windows, embed video presentations, create product galleries etc.
- Logo Maker Tool. If you don’t have a brand logo yet, but wish to design one, then the Squarespace Logo Maker tool is exactly what you need. This is where you can find and use multiple logo elements, features and parameters to build a logo that will make your business withstand niche competition and win user trust.
- Unfold App. Another feature that can help you promote your brand is Unfold App. It lets you create and share stories in social networks to notify users about your business news, updates, plans etc.
- Squarespace Scheduling. Business owners will definitely appreciate the opportunity of creating and posting online schedules. This is a great advantage for those, who have used to controlling business processes by means of making appointments, booking classes, creating/updating calendar plans/events from any place and location.
- Multilingual Support. The software will also come in handy to users, who would like to make their websites available in several language versions. The system comes with a multilingual support feature that can be applied to any project – either personal or business.
Cost: Squarespace doesn’t have a free plan yet there is an opportunity to test its entire functionality during the 14-day free trial. If you feel that you are ready to keep working with the software to start full-featured websites, you will have an opportunity to upgrade to one of the premium subscriptions. The cheapest plan will cost you $12/mo.
The major problem of building websites with Mac was the absence of trusted software. Website builders can be a great substitute to Mac software, covering a broad range of web design needs and providing a powerful feature set needed to create and manage a full-fledged project.
If you are searching for a quality Mac software, website builders reviewed above may prove to be the best solution. Choosing one of them may be a challenge, if you’ve never worked with these systems before. Mind that each system works well for the completion of a certain range of tasks, which cannot but affects the choice of the software.
Thus, Wix, Squarespace and Webnode are all-in-one website builders, which are used to start and manage different types of websites, including blogs, landing pages, portfolios, business websites and online stores.
RapidWeaver is the best web design software specially created for Mac users. WordPress is the world-known CMS that requires installation and coding skills to start high end projects.
Blocs is the simplest drag-and-drop website builder used to start landing pages, promo websites, landing pages and other types of personal/business projects.
Web.com and Ionos are platforms that combine website builders and hosting opportunities. This means that you cannot only set up websites with these services, but also host ready-made projects launched with other systems.
Webflow is a professional website builder that delivers the unsurpassed web design experience to experienced web developers aiming at starting full-featured projects. SITE123 is one of the simplest and most affordable systems that does not require any coding proficiency at all.
Shopify is the best eCommerce software in the world that lets you run professional online stores that abound in niche features and tools. IM Creator is free for non-profit projects, which makes the website builder a perfect pick for beginners.
Zyro is an innovative AI-powered website builder that allows creating all types of web projects in the automated way. Just provide the content and customize the system to fully enjoy the result.
Mobirise is a free downloadable software, which is known for its ease-of-use and strong focus on the needs of newbies. Finally, Karelia Sandvox is a specialized web design software, which works great for Mac projects yet does not offer complex functionality.
If you are not sure about the best software for Mac, it makes sense to test each system in advance. This is the most reliable way to pick the system, which will work best for your individual project.