Despite visually appealing high-end design and security, the specialized Mac software is far from being a perfect tool for building websites. It offers a limited pack of HTML facilities needed for separate CSS files rather than having them in a single website.
As a result, Mac users are looking for cloud-based and SaaS platforms and instruments instead of giving preference to traditional website building tools, which are developed for Mac and require preliminary installation.
Website builders prove to be the right kind of tools Mac users can easily apply to create stunning web resources for different purposes from scratch. They don’t require serious effort and money investment, offering an extensive feature set instead. They are intuitive and simple for users with diverse web design background and do not require special skills, letting users effortlessly build quality web resources on their own. With a quality website builder, your project will have professional look and powerful functionality.
Websites launched by Mac users are full-featured and come with appealing design. They are easy-to-manage and make it possible to provide all the content you wish to see in your website. This matters a lot for the fans of Mac web building software, who wish to save their effort and time, availing decent and full-featured websites created with a website builder.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Website Builder Software for Mac:
- Wix – The Best SaaS Website Builder for Mac OS
- RapidWeaver – Best Web Design Software for Mac
- WordPress – Best Hosted CMS for Mac OS X Users
- Blocs – Easiest Drag and Drop Website Builder
- Webflow – Professional Website Builder Software
- SITE123 – Simple Website Builder for Newbies and Web Design Pros
- Shopify – Full-Featured eCommerce Platform
- IM Creator – Free and Easy Website Builder for Mac Projects
- Mobirise – Free Website Building Software
- Karelia Sandvox – Specialized Web Design Software for Mac OS
If you have made up your mind to look for a decent Mac web building software, then take your time to look through the reviews of these popular and full-featured services listed in the post. Their comparison and list of highlights will simplify the choice for you. Let’s get started now.
Wix – The Best SaaS Website Builder for Mac OS
Wix – is the best website builder for Mac users, which makes it simple to create full-featured websites with stunning design. The system allows building different types of websites for personal and business use. It comes with out-of-the-box functionality, which is more than enough to cover a broad spectrum of versatile web design needs.
The list of major Wix advantages includes:
- Wix ADI Tool – The website builder automatically builds a website for you, using the submitted content. A convenient WYSIWYG website editor allows controlling each step of website customization process, fixing the problems on time.
- Editing Options – The system unveils an opportunity to use a standard website editor and the mobile one. Edits made in the standard mode are displayed in the mobile version, while those made in the mobile website version are not reflected in the desktop mode.
- Responsive Templates – Wix also comes with hundreds of mobile-ready templates accessible via tablets and smartphones powered by iOS that are 100% customizable and intuitive in nature.
- Wix App Market – This is another highlight of the website builder, where you can browse hundreds of free and paid widgets, extensions and apps available there. You can integrate the selected themes into your website to contribute to its usability.
- Forum, Blog and eCommerce – The website builder comes with forum, blogging and eCommerce engines. This makes it possible to create, connect and manage a forum, a blog or an online store with no hassle at all.
- Corvid by Wix – If you intend to launch and integrate applications into your website, go ahead to use Corvid by Wix – an advanced open development platform used to start professional web applications with no coding skills or preliminary web design experience needed. The platform provides the required toolset all in one place – just choose those features and tools you need need for your project and start working on your web app development.
- Ascend Tool – This is a free all-in-one business solution, which provides an abundance of tools (there are over 20 products available in the feature set of the pack) that are a must-have for your business promotion. These products help you effectively grow your business, increase customer base and advertise your services on the web.
Cost: You can use the system features at no cost at all, using its free plan that never expires. To bring your website functionality to the brand new level, though, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid plans. Currently, Wix offers two types of subscriptions, namely Standard and Business/eCommerce plans. The cost of Standard plans starts with $13/mo to reach $39/mo for the most expensive subscription, while that of Business/eCommerce plans starts with $23/mo to reach $500/mo for the most advanced pricing option.
RapidWeaver – Best Web Design Software for Mac
RapidWeaver – is a powerful website builder, which was specially designed for Mac users who wish to create full-featured web applications and websites with no coding involved. The platform lets you start responsive beautiful websites without any preparation or web design background.
Have a look at the list of RapidWeaver highlights:
- MacOS Technologies – The website builder supports all the MacOS technologies, including iCloud and Document tabs. This lets you start websites from scratch, starting from simple one page projects and up to complex online stores.
- Template Choice – The system allows choosing from over 50 integrated templates, while more than 100 responsive themes are additionally provided by the system’s community. RapidWeaver ensures easy web page management, letting you create new pages and subpages as well as customizing them from scratch. A convenient preview feature makes it possible to track the edits you make before you publish the project.
- Device Simulator – The new feature lets you see the way your newly created website will look on various devices, including iPhone’s, iPad’s, Mac’s and more. The feature is flexible and powerful, letting you open, scale and even save several windows to track the changes afterwards.
- Media Manager Tool – RapidWeaver comes with a powerful media integration tool that lets you effectively manage your project resources. You can gain access to your Photo Library, browser and images from the largest free online photo library. Just pick those that correspond to your website specialization to further drag-and-drop them to your website pages.
Cost: The website builder is free, but you will have to upgrade to the paid subscription, if you wish to get the most out of its advanced feature set. The cost of the paid plan currently constitutes $99, but the system frequently introduces special offers and discounts for those, who wish to save big, while using it.
WordPress – Best Hosted CMS for Mac OS X Users
WordPress – is a popular and the most well-known Content Management System, which is used to launch and manage different types of projects. The system was initially created with blogging purposes in mind yet it quickly evolved into a full-featured platform with high end functionality and flexibility.
WordPress highlights are as follows:
- Downloading and Installation – As a CMS, WordPress requires downloading and installation. This does not take much time but it doesn’t mean that working with the service is easy for everyone. If you are not a proficient web designer or at least don’t possess basic programming knowledge, you may find the system a bit complicated. This is because working with WordPress implies coding awareness. Otherwise, you may encounter problems, when integrated plugins or customizing templates.
- Integration Options – The CMS stands out from the crowd due to its powerful integration options. Whatever niche you specialize and whatever project type you expect to launch, there are plenty of plugins and external templates you can browse and add to your website. This allows extending the functionality of the system, giving it the required performance and high end design.
- Design Customization Options – WordPress is also known for its advanced design customization options. All the templates you will pick for your project can be launched absolutely from scratch – just pick and modify the required template settings, experiment with colours, styles, backgrounds, images and media files available in stock here. You can also upload and integrate your own social media files, gallery images, docs and other required elements.
- Hosting and Domain Name Choice – As a downloadable system, WordPress doesn’t offer integrated hosting options. Instead, the system allows choosing any hosting provider that works best for your project needs. By the way, many contemporary hosts come with integrated CMS that imply one-click installation only. Bluehost is one of such hosting providers and this is the platform, which is officially recommended by WordPress. The host offers a free bonus domain name during the first year of the subscription duration, fast page load speed, multiple integrations, affordable pricing as well as 60% discount for WordPress installation and other advantages.
Cost: WordPress is a free downloadable CMS, which can be installed at no cost at all. The system, however, allows integrating third-party plugins and extensions that require additional budget investment. The same is about template integration, hosting and domain name cost. The cheapest Bluehost plan, for example, currently costs $2.95/mo, which is more than affordable for everyone.
Blocs – Easiest Drag and Drop Website Builder
Blocs – is a specialized website builder software for Mac, which can be a decent solution, if you need to create a catchy portfolio, attractive landing page or a website to promote products/services online. The website builder has a drag-and-drop option to handle easy editing. It comes with a high flexibility level and a pack of extra tools.
The list of Blocs merits is as follows:
- Block and Bricks Structure – The website builder offers a block and bricks structure. You just have to pick ready made content blocks and customize them as you need. The WYSIWYG page tool makes editing simple and fast. No coding skills or FTP manager are required to start a website with Blocs, but this triggers the need to look for an external hosting provider to upload and update the files when needed.
- HTML-Based Website Structure – Blocs doesn’t have a cloud dashboard to edit content. Instead, you will be offered a primary HTML-based website structure. To get a more complex project, you’ll have to customize your website with a CMS. This obviously requires coding skills and web design background. The system does not have integrated default templates as this is basically the app used to launch HTML-based themes on your own.
- Template Development – The themes are developed by the application of stock editor tools. If this option does not appeal to you for some reason, you can get paid templates at the official website of the service (the cost of one theme constitutes $20).
Cost: Blocs has a free downloadable trial version and two paid license types, the cost of which constitutes $80 and $360 correspondingly. Apart from that, you’ll have to pay around $100 per year for the hosting and about $60 for an opportunity to switch from the old website version of the service to the new one.
Webflow – Professional Website Builder Software
Webflow – is a professional website builder software, which delivers exceptional web design experience and comes with powerful integrated functionality. The platform is not quite easy to master as it mainly targets professional web developers looking for a quality tool to get started with their custom projects. It takes time, effort and skills to master and use the system, while awareness of coding basics will definitely be an advantage here. Here is the list of features Webflow is initially known for:
- Complex Web Design Approach. The website builder does not provide intuitive website development approach because of its complexity and orientation on professional users. To some extent, Webflow is similar to modern CMS or Adobe Software programs in terms of functionality and application. So, if you have got the experience of working with these programs, getting used to Webflow won’t be a problem for you.
- Dynamic Content Use. The system makes it possible to create and upload dynamic content. To do this, you can pick and use the structures provided in the field combinations. This is how you can launch and customize forums, blogs, portfolios, business web pages, online forms, video/image galleries and other content types that match your website style and focus.
- Integrations. Creation of dynamic content also becomes possible due to powerful integrations Webflow comes with. The website builder makes it possible to integrate Lightbox Galleries, Lottie and After Effects tools into your website to get the most out of its performance and presentation.
- Powerful Template EditingTools. The system allows creating websites in its advanced template editor, which requires thorough exploration. The dashboard is also more complicated here as compared to the major niche competitors. The editor itself includes the main features of standard visual editors and it also allows adjusting general settings, working with folders, integrable modules, add-ons, widgets and other website elements. Webflow editor lets you choose from two website modes – Designer and Editor, which depends upon your project and web design requirements.
Cost: Webflow is quite an expensive website builder. The good news, though, is that the system offers versatile pricing options to meet any needs and budget. There is a free plan that never expires here, but it comes with a number of restrictions that don’t let you get the most out of all the system performance. Premium Webflow plans are available in two groups, each of which includes more detailed subscriptions. The cost of paid subscriptions starts from $12/mo.
SITE123 – Simple Website Builder for Newbies and Web Design Pros
SITE123 – is a simple website builder for newbies and web design pros that can be equally used for Mac and Windows. The system works great for all types of web projects, while its application does not require any coding or web design awareness. The system was created with the needs of beginners in mind yet it is also a nice pick for experienced web developers. Being a simple, intuitive and functional website builder, SITE123 encompasses the following advantages:
- eCommerce and Blogging. Despite its simplicity, SITE123 contains powerful eCommerce and blogging engines, which make it possible to start and manage quality online stores and blogs. To encourage user interest, it is possible to enable commenting option, integrate social sharing buttons, enable multilingual support, add media elements and other features/tools that will increase your project performance.
- App Market. The website builder comes with an extensive integrated App Market that grants access to multiple widgets, apps, extensions and add-ons. There are many applications to choose from here with regard to your website niche focus. The most popular widgets, however, include Galleries, Live Chat, social network widgets, Analytic Tools, Online Form Builder and many more.
- Customer Interaction Options. The fact that SITE123 is a simple website builder often makes it a worthy pick for users, who intend to run customer-oriented projects. This is where a set of tools intended for enhanced customer interaction will definitely come in handy. It is possible to use the Schedule Booking feature, Restaurant Reservation tool, ticket booking option and other suchlike options.
- Logo Maker. SITE123 also stands out from the crowd due to its high end Logo Maker tool. Its application makes it possible to design and integrate a logo into your website to boost your brand reputation and make it prevail over niche competitors.
Cost: The website builder is both easy and affordable. To be precise, this is one of the cheapest website builders out there. SITE123 has a completely free plan, which is an advantage for non-techies planning to explore the platform’s functionality prior to upgrading to its paid subscriptions. The cost of premium plans is quite cheap as well and starts from $10.80/mo only.
Shopify – The Best eCommerce Platform
Shopify – is the full-featured eCommerce platform, which is currently considered the best in the current web design market, when it comes to web store development, management and promotion. The software abounds is high end design customization, web store/product management features, marketing tools and promotion opportunities. With Shopify, you can run a small-to-large web store that adheres to your special business needs and requirements. To find out the major system highlights, have a look at them below:
- POS Software. Shopify is one of the best systems that comes with integrated Point-of-Sale software. This feature lets you manage your shop not only online, but also in its physical location, adjusting the required settings when required. This is where you can sell products, accept credit card payments, adjust shipping parameters etc. To let you do this, Shopify offers a broad range of marketing, inventory management, shipping/payment options.
- Advanced Integrations. Shopify integrations deserve special attention. They can be chosen and applied for a variety of purposes based on your web store specialization and your personal/business goals. The platform allows integrating with world-known marketplaces and high end accounting software, namely Quickbooks, Amazon, Xero etc. As a result, you can sell both physical and digital products through these and other platforms Shopify works with.
- Order/Product Management Solutions. The software is solely focused on eCommerce goals and, thus, it lets you effectively manage orders and products online. You can integrate a shopping cart along with the “Buy” button into your web store to allow customers create as many product cards/lists as they need. The system also lets you export/import products in CSV file format to ensure convenient and smooth process of product/order management.
- Powerful Marketing Options. To ensure proper web store promotion, Shopify grants access to powerful marketing tools. The most popular and widespread of them include web store statistics tracking, creation of online receipts, control and analysis of your web store account, opportunity to use advanced Shopify marketing features, such as BOGO discounts, App Store, Shopify Tap & Chip Reader, Shopify Ping etc. Additionally, the software boasts a high end Augmented Reality tool that lets you present your web store products and services in the 3D mode for more effective customer engagement.
Cost: Shopify is a moderately-priced eCommerce software. It doesn’t have a free plan yet there is a 14-day trial to let you try the integrated functionality of the system to further decide on its potential applicability. Shopify has several premium subscriptions to choose from. Their costs starts from $9/mo.
IM Creator – Free and Easy Website Builder for Mac Projects
IM Creator – is a free and easy website builder for Mac and Windows, which works great for business websites, portfolios, blogs and small web stores. The system is simple for everyone, irrespective of users’ web design skills and coding proficiency. IM Creator stands out from the crowd due to its unusual website structure, availability of stripes, templates and design customization tool that lets you create one-of-a-kind projects for personal and business use. If you are thinking about using the website builder, have a look at its major benefits now:
- Blogging and eCommerce. The system comes with quality blogging and eCommerce engines that let you start, manage and promote online stores and niche blogs. This is a surefire way to drive user attention and increase your business reputability. Apart from publishing and updating articles, managing products and orders, you can also enable the commenting feature here, integrate social media sharing buttons and other elements that matter a lot for these very projects.
- Stripes Selection. One of the highlights of the website builder is the stripe-based structure of websites created with it. Stripes are available in various modes and implications, making it possible to give your project the required functionality and design. To some extent, they are used as integrable widgets that correspond to your website specialization.
- Free Responsive Designs. IM Creator boasts an impressive choice of free responsive designs. They are niche-specific and completely customizable to ensure high creativity level and advanced flexibility. Along with manual website editing, the website builder lets you integrate HTML codes to avail truly unique and personalized result.
- Image Integration. Another advantage of the website builder is its rich integrated collection of images. It is free for everyone, letting you pick and integrate those images that match your project specialization. In case you are pressed for time to browse the entire collection, you can use the search filter option to simplify the choice and save your time/effort.
Cost: IM Creator excels at pricing options. The website builder is absolutely free for users, who plan to start non-profit websites as well as for students and artists. There is, however, a separate group of plans for entrepreneurs, the cost of which starts from $8/mo.
Mobirise – Free Website Building Software
Mobirise – is a free downloadable software you should initially install on your Mac prior to starting working on your website development. The system is built with user convenience and simplicity in mind and it doesn’t require any web design skills or expertise to be effectively used by newbies.
Here is the list of the major Mobirise advantages:
- Content Blocks – The website builder comes with a block-based structure, which makes it possible to design websites out of ready-made content blocks. Their overall number currently exceeds 800 items and it steadily keeps growing. Arranging and customizing the blocks is simple and allows creating the required website structure. Websites launched with Mobirise are responsive by default.
- AMP Website Builder – Mobirise offers integrated AMP website builder, which lets you launch and manage projects that are perfectly optimized for mobile browsing and ensure quick downloading of web pages.
- Design Customization Tools – Mobirise design customization tools come out-of-the-box. They make it simple to adjust the major website parameters, style, integrate multiple media files and perform other actions.
- Hosting Choice – The website builder doesn’t have integrated hosting, but it makes it possible to host your ready-made project with GitHub pages for free.
Cost: Mobirise is an absolutely free website software, but you’ll have to pay for website hosting, domain name and integrations. There is also Premium Pack that comes with paid extensions as well as all-in-one kit, where you can choose between extra plugins and themes. The cost of the Premium Kit constitutes $129.
Karelia Sandvox – Specialized Web Design Software for Mac OS
Karelia Sandvox – is a specialized web design software for Mac OS, which lets even non-experts create impressive web projects to comply with individual needs, skills and requirements. The platform encompasses flexibility and power combined with ease-of-use and convenience. When using the system, you can start websites with blogs, image/video galleries, social media tools, online forms and other elements, the choice of which depends upon your website specialization. The list of Sandvox merits is as follows:
- Easy Website Editing. The system lets everyone build a 5-page website in less than half an hour and with no coding skills required. What you have to do is to access the Site Navigator and use the drag-and-drop editor to add/rearrange/adjust objects (images, videos, content blocks etc.) to present your project info as required.
- Wide Template Selection. The system offers over 60 high quality designs to choose from. They differ in their styles, color variations, content presentation etc. Websites created with Sandvox are HTML5 compliant and, thus, are compatible with Mac, Windows and iOS.
- Integration Options. The platform allows for media files integration. It has flexible photo galleries with high res images and videos for album creation. You can showcase your collections with slideshow modes, lightbox effects and other presentation features the system offers. Social media integration is available here as well.
- Blogging. The software comes with the built-in blogging engine. This is how you can easily create and customize a blog with the system without the need to use coding skills or third-party tools/ integrations.
Cost: Karelia Sandvox has a free demo version to enable users to try its main features before opting for a paid licence. Web developers, who have successfully tested the software and decided to upgrade to the premium subscription, are offered three license types, namely Single User, Household and Site License Seats. The cost starts from $79.99. Additionally, get teddy to invest into hosting and domain name to go live with your project.
The major problem of building websites with Mac was the absence of decent software. Website builders can be a great substitute to Mac software, covering a broad range of web design needs and providing a powerful feature set needed to create and manage a full-fledged project.
If you are searching for a quality Mac software, website builders reviewed above may prove to be the best solution. Choosing one of them may be a challenge, if you’ve never worked with these systems before. Mind that each system works well for the completion of a certain range of tasks, which cannot but affects the choice of the software.
Thus, Wix is the all-in-one website builder, which is used to start and manage different types of websites, including blogs, landing pages, portfolios, business websites and online stores. RapidWeaver is the best web design software specially created for Mac users. WordPress is the world-known CMS that requires installation and coding skills to start high end projects. Blocs is the simplest drag-and-drop website builder used to start landing pages, promo websites, landing pages and other types of personal/business projects.
Webflow is a professional website builder that delivers the unsurpassed web design experience to experienced web developers aiming at starting full-featured projects. SITE123 is one of the simplest and most affordable systems that does not require any coding proficiency at all. Shopify is the best eCommerce software in the world that lets you run professional online stores that abound in niche features and tools. IM Creator is free for non-profit projects, which makes the website builder a perfect pick for beginners. Mobirise is a free downloadable software, which is known for its ease-of-use and strong focus on the needs of newbies. Finally, Karelia Sandvox is a specialized web design software, which works great for Mac projects yet does not offer complex functionality.
If you are not sure about the best software for Mac, it makes sense to test each system in advance. This is the most reliable way to pick the system, which will work best for your individual project.