Adobe Muse is a desktop software, which has initially been developed for professional web developers. The app has been provided as a part of Adobe Creative package along with other popular products like Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
However, in May 2020 Adobe announced its Muse support. This means that the software won’t have any updates or tech assistance anymore. Users, who have already installed the program, are still able to use it, but it is impossible to download the software from the official website any longer. This is the major reason for the prevailing amount of Muse subscribers to look for a worthy alternative that would comply with their skills and web design requirements. This is where WordPress comes into play.
The CMS can easily come up to all these needs and even more. Its powerful integration options, versatility of templates and plugins as well as reasonable cost make it prevail over Adobe Muse, even though, some coding knowledge is required to work with the service afterwards.
Another advantage is an opportunity to pick a trusted hosting provider. WordPress officially recommends Bluehost to all its users due to the reputability, flexibility, safety and functionality of the platform. The cheapest Bluehost plan will cost you $2.95/mo, but you’ll get lots of benefits for this price, including fast page load speed, increased safety, extensive content marketing and SEO options, eCommerce functionality and many more. So, if there is anything you are not satisfied with, while using Adobe Muse, you should definitely switch to WordPress.
to Move Your Website!
How to Transfer a Website from Adobe Muse to WordPress – The Ultimate Guide
Mind that the procedure of migrating from one service to another may be quite painstaking because of the differences between the platforms. The fact that Adobe Muse is a website builder and WordPress is a CMS implies consequent and careful migration process, including technical nuances, traffic forwarding, proper content and domain name transfer, preservation of website search engine positions etc. Such an extensive versatility of measures implies deliberate approach. Here is a detailed overview of options you may choose from, when deciding to migrate from Adobe Muse to WordPress.
1. Moving Website from Adobe Muse to WordPress – Is it Worth It?
The reasons to switch from Adobe Muse to WordPress may be quite versatile. The most widespread of them are as follows:
- The first and foremost reason that Adobe Muse is no longer supported by the system. Inability to download the program for new users and to update the previous versions makes the use of the software less effective than before.
- Adobe Muse is a website builder, which requires coding proficiency and targets web design experts. WordPress, in its turn, is a feature-rich CMS, which does not imply deep coding awareness (although, it is still desirable here) yet makes it possible to start functional and visually-appealing projects. Thus, WordPress lets you get a professional website without demanding programming knowledge.
- WordPress provides more creative freedom and unveils an opportunity to get a personalized project you need. As far as the system implies hosting choice, it recommends using Bluehost right from the start. This eliminates the need to look for the hosting provider elsewhere.
- When using Adobe Muse, you may find it too complicated and oversaturated with unnecessary features. WordPress proves to be a more universal platform to work with.
No matter what goals have made you adopt the decision to move to WordPress, you will definitely be satisfied with the result. The CMS has gained worldwide popularity and not in vain. You can use it to start and manage any type of project you need. As to coding skills, you will easily get used to the platform, especially if you have previously worked with Adobe Muse.
2. Adobe Muse versus WordPress – What Is the Difference?
Adobe Muse and WordPress are two feature-rich web design platforms that make it possible to build and run quality websites. The systems both target web design pros yet it is still simpler to master and use WordPress as compared to Adobe Muse.
While Muse is the downloadable website builder that implies deep programming knowledge, WordPress is a CMS. It is also desirable to possess at least basic web design background to get the most out of the system use, but it takes less time and effort to do that for beginners.
As opposed to the website builder, WordPress does not offer multiple widgets from the very beginning. Instead, you can download lots of plugins from the web to further customize them to your liking. The same is about templates. Just browse the web to find and customize any WordPress theme with regard to your project requirements.
Listed above are the major distinctions between Adobe Muse and WordPress. It is crucial to be aware of them before you decide to switch from the website builder to the CMS. This is how you will know what to expect from the platform you eventually pick.
3. How to Switch from Adobe Muse to WordPress – The Ultimate Guide
If you have weighed all the pros and cons of the available Adobe Muse-to-WordPress website migration methods and still decided to complete it independently, then you won’t go without a reliable guide that will help increase your chances for the successful outcome of the endeavour. Here is the list of must-have steps:
- Install WordPress. As a CMS, WordPress requires preliminary download and installation. There is nothing complicated about this process – just follow the guidelines the system generates to complete installation in a couple of minutes. If you still face problems midway the installation process, there are multiple tutorials and videos to browse to help you handle the task with ease.
- Choose Hosting Provider. As mentioned above, WordPress doesn’t offer integrated hosting and, thus, there is the necessity to pick a trusted provider before you actually proceed to the migration process. Learn the terms and subscription prices the systems offer to pick the most reasonable solution. As we have already noted, Bluehost is one of the most credible services to go for.
- Export Content from Adobe Muse. To export all the content from your Muse-based website, you should first create the HTML version of it. To do that, reach the control panel of the system, find the File tab and then pick the “Export as HTML” step. This is how you will copy the required elements.
- Convert the HTML Website to WordPress. You can do that is several ways. The first one implies manual transfer of all the elements. Create the basic file types and place them into a new theme folder. Then bring your existing website’s CSS on the WP worksheet and divide the HTML website into several parts to create several PHPcopies of your HTML files that let WP put them together afterwards. Change the header format to make it compatible with the CMS and upload the template for your new project. However, it becomes clear that this option is quite challenging for regular users. Thus, it makes sense to choose another method – the use of WP plugins for website conversion. Just browse the web to pick one of the required WP transfer plugins, install the new theme and then import your Adobe Muse HTML website to WordPress. Here’s a detailed instruction how to do that.
- Import Images. Now, it’s high time to import photos. As far as WordPress does not support automated image import, you’ll have to do that manually as well. With this very purpose, you’ll have to install and then activate a special WP plugin known as “Import External Images Plugin”. As soon as you do that, go to the “Media → Import Images” page and move the required images.
- Check and Set Up WordPress Permalinks. When moving your Adobe Muse website to WordPress, don’t forget to check and customize the newly-generated URLs. If needed, customize all the required permalinks for proper traffic redirection and preservation of your website SEO positions.
- Move All the Remaining Files. Some files may be left on Adobe Muse servers. Check them out to move them to your new WordPress website manually.
- Customize the New Project. Finally, you need to customize your new WordPress-based website in details to give it the preferred design and functionality. Check the availability of all the meta tags for each page and all the alt tags for each image. This is a surefire way to retain the available search engine positions.
to Move Your Website!
4. Professional Adobe Muse to WordPress Migration Services
Actually, it doesn’t matter what web design skills you currently have and whether you have done that before – there are multiple issues you may encounter throughout the process. Thus, there are two ways you may consider to complete the migration process with maximum efficacy. These include automated and professional website migration.
While the application of automated website migration programs is quite a risky endeavour, hiring professionals is a much more reasonable solution. Experts have the firsthand knowledge of all the steps and actions the process involves. Likewise, they have the experience of completing such tasks, so, your project won’t be the first on the list. What’s more, they are aware of all the parameters and special nuances of each service they work with, which cuts down the available risks and increases the chances for success from the very first try.
Another aspect that speaks in favor of dealing with professionals is the fact that you will be able to stay in touch with them after the job is done. If there are any problems or bugs that worry you or you have any questions, you will just contact them any time to have the issues solved.
It’s somewhat complicated to call the process of switching from Adobe Muse to WordPress an easy one. This is because you need to take care of content and domain name transfer as well as about hosting choice. That definitely takes much time, mainly because of the systems’ distinctions. As a result, it is you, who have to pick the full-featured hosting provider and check the correctness and relevance of the file transfer process. Obviously, this requires a certain degree of web design expertise and coding knowledge.
There is one more aspect that requires attention: do not deactivate your Adobe Muse website or delete the account until you make sure your new WordPress website functions well and all the search engine positions as well as other crucial parameters remain unchanged. Test your new website properly for some time to be sure the migration process was a success.