Starting a professional website is only half of the business. To go live with your new project, you have to host it with a trusted provider that will ensure reliable online presence for it. A credible hosting company will make sure your website will not only be accessible online. It will also provide an extensive range of undeniable merits like fast page load speed time, quick uptime rates, good SEO optimization, confidentiality and security of your project, 24/7 customer/tech support and other must-have advantages.
In the world of today, it has become quite easy to start and host a web project. Modern web building platforms aim at putting an ease of this process. Whether you intend to start a professional blog, business website, portfolio, digital store or any other project, one of the first things you have to take care of is picking a platform that comes up to your expectations, web design skills and requirements. This especially concerns pricing policy, bandwidth, reliability, ease-of-use and other crucial aspects.
That’s not it, however. Apart from selecting the right web design tool, you also have to take care of proper domain name and hosting choice. The original process generally involves several vital steps that have to be completed independently. The use of website builders, though, simplifies the task as most of these all-in-one systems come with packages that already include hosting/domain connection options at reasonable terms.
By using website builders, even a newbie will be able to start and customize a website from scratch, connect a domain name to it, host the project and then go live with it. Some website builders provide these packages at quite reasonable cost. As a result, there is no need to handle the maintenance. No need to surf the net in search of hosting companies on the web. You get all services and tools in one place. It saves time and money.
Best Services to Create and Host Your Own Website:
If you are right about to start and host your website, you will be certainly interested to find out more about these systems. It’s high time to review them now to help you make the unbiased solution that will work best for your project.
Wix – Best Website Builder with Free Hosting Included
Wix – is currently the most popular all-in-one website builder, which makes it possible to start, manage and host different types of web projects. The system works well for different user categories including beginners and web design pros due to its integrated powerful feature set, advanced hosting and website promotion opportunities as well as extensive design customization options.
The website builder delivers a broad range of web hosting options. It initially had its servers in the data centers in Europe, Australia and the USA, but now the company has moved its servers to the Amazon cloud hosting. This has made it possible for users from across the world to host their projects with the system without considering the location aspect. Each website created with Wix is automatically stored on Wix servers using the terms implied by the free plan. Whatever project you start with Wix, it will still be accessible in all the countries with high speed. According to the test results, the average load time of Wix-based projects constitutes around 2.46 seconds. This is a normal result, which is around 55% higher as compared to websites hosted with other platforms.
Wix is also known for its wide range of high end features. These include extensive design customization options, versatile website editing tools (you can get access to Wix ADI tool as well as to the standard system editor), integrated blogging and eCommerce engines, multiple widgets available in the App Market, professional Wix Corvid tool, advanced Ascend platform and other features that contribute to your project performance. The more features your website involves, the more reliable hosting it requires. If you feel that you are no longer satisfied with the terms of your free plan, the problem can be solved by upgrading to one of the paid subscriptions.
Apart from the extensive feature set, the website builder is also known for its amazing collection of professional, mobile-ready and 100% customizable designs. As of today, you can choose from around 550 quality themes that are niche-specific and free to use.
If you can’t pick the template in the category you prefer for some reason, the website builder lets you choose and customize a blank design from scratch.
Speaking about the pricing aspect, Wix also deserves the attention. The website builder has several types of plans to help its users pick the one that comes up to their needs most. Apart from the free plan, which is somewhat limited in terms and services included, the system also makes it possible to choose from the following types of subscriptions.
Standard Wix Plans
- Combo ($13/mo) – free domain connection and hosting, absence of the system ad banners;
- Unlimited ($17/mo) – 10GB storage space, unlimited bandwidth;
- Pro ($22/mo) – 2 hours of video storage space, integrated Google Analytics and statistics collection tools;
- VIP ($39/mo) – professional logo, first priority support etc.
- Business Basic ($23/mo) – online payments acception;
- Business Unlimited ($27/mo) – special applications for business owners, business development tools, integrated eCommerce platform;
- Business VIP ($49/mo) – unlimited bandwidth and video storage space, complete Wix Suite;
- Enterprise ($500/mo) – end-to-end business solution, which ensures advanced functionality and maximum amount of tools.
All paid subscriptions come with free hosting and the system also offers regular discounts and special offers. There is also the 14-day money back guarantee for any subscription chosen.
Wix is a professional website builder, which deserves user attention due to its high end functionality and powerful hosting options applicable to all the plans. Whatever subscription you decide to go for, you can be 100% sure that your project will be safely hosted on the system servers to be accessible from anywhere in the world.
Bluehost – Best Hosting with Free Built-In CMS (WordPress)
Bluehost – is the best hosting that is worth the attention of users looking for a trusted provider to go live with their web projects. The hosting stands out from the crowd due to the fact that it is the only service, which is officially recommended by WordPress to the platform subscribers. Bluehost unveils access to lots of features and tools that make it possible to successfully host your newly-built project.
Bluehost is chock full of features and tools that allows for safe and effective website hosting. Along with affordable plans, versatility of scripts and plugins, 1-click WordPress installation option, the company makes it possible to choose from multiple advanced applications, add-ons, extensive eCommerce and business applications. The system allows choosing from two website development options for quality project creation with the CMS. These include Gutenberg Editor and visual Elementor plugin.
Bluehost also guarantees high uptime rates and fast website load time that does not compromise with project performance. Apart from WordPress hosting, Bluehost also offers other popular hosting options. These include shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated and reseller hosting. Additionally, it provides 24/7 expert support and a full suite of integrated tools to manage customizable websites. Other features the hosting provider encompasses are as follows: unlimited disk storage space, free domain name during the 1st year of the system use, support of international domains, email forwarding, FTP access, web file manager, free SSL Certification, hotlink protection, integrated website statistics, Spam Assassin protection and more.
As far as Bluehost is frequently chosen as a trusted hosting for WordPress websites, it has proven itself as a trusted, secure and reasonably-priced platform. It doesn’t matter what templates you have picked for your WordPress project – with Bluehost you can be absolutely sure that your website will be hosted with a quality service.
Bluehost is not only a quality hosting provider – it’s also one of the most affordable companies to pick for your project. Currently, the system allows choosing from several types of subscriptions, namely:
- Basic Plan ($2.95/mo) – unlimited bandwidth, 50GB of disk storage space, regular WordPress updates, free SSL connection;
- Plus Plan ($5.45/mo) – unlimited bandwidth and storage, unlimited domains and email accounts, opportunity to create any number of websites, $200 for special marketing offers;
- Choice Plus ($5.45/mo) – all unlimited features, website backup feature, anti-spam expert, domain privacy.
Every newly-registered user gets a free bonus domain during the first year of the system use. As soon as this term comes to its end, the cost of the domain name will constitute around $12-$14 per year.
Bluehost is a reliable, trusted and secure hosting provider, which enjoys popularity with website owners around the world. This especially matters a lot for users, who launch and host their projects with WordPress. The company offers multiple advantages and features to all its subscribers, while its rates are among the cheapest you can find in the contemporary hosting niche.
uKit – Best Platform to Make and Host a Small Business Website
uKit – is the cheapest platform to make and host a small business website. The website builder has won user popularity due to its impressive ease of use and affordability. With uKit, you can start literally any type of project for commercial or non-commercial use. The website builder works well for all use categories, irrespective of their web design background. It’s a great pick for beginners, who have the intention to start their first projects with the system.
An unlimited storage space is probably the main advantage of the system, when it comes to hosting a website. Each plan offers an unlimited number of pages, storage, and bandwidth. Moreover, the platform features a specific algorithm that automatically optimizes user’s media files like photos and images.
This function results in faster loading speed and smoother website performance without ruining the web page performance while the general characteristics and settings remain the same. A better loading speed may have a positive impact on the search engine ranking factors.
Moreover, uKit has an award-winning feature that lets site owners enhance the mobile experience. You can now check how your website looks like on smartphones and tablets. You can edit its mobile appearance, remove or hide unnecessary blocks, change background and more for an outstanding mobile representation.
The website builder also stands out from the crowd due to its integrated drag-and-drop editor, extensive widget integration options, free SSL Certificate connection, CRM integration, eCommerce and blogging engines, temporary website management access rights, video hosting options and other undeniable advantages.
uKit is a responsive website builder. it has a perfect collection of templates, which are adaptive and absolutely-customizable. The designs are industry-specific to let each and every user pick the theme that works best for a certain kind of project. All in all the website builder offers over 380 quality templates, which are free to choose and customize. What’s important, uKit templates are switchable. This allows testing various themes before you actually make the right design choice. The process of template customization is intuitive and quite simple for most users, no matter what web design background they have.
uKit is one of the most affordable website builders, which charges reasonable fees for a broad range of features, services and tools included into its plans. The platform doesn’t have a completely free plan, but there is an opportunity to test its feature set during the 14-day free trial. Upon the end of the test period, you will have to decide on one of the paid subscriptions you would like to go for. uKit premium plans are as follows:
- Minimal ($4/mo) – website backup feature, more than 200 professional templates, custom domain name connection, free hosting, unlimited disk storage space and number of web pages, 24/7 support, SMS notifications;
- Basic ($8/mo) – absence of copyright sign, Google Analytics, powerful statistics tracking tools, live chat support, access to premium templates;
- eCommerce ($9.60/mo) – payment/shipping options, shopping cart settings, integrated eCommerce tools, acceptance of online payments, currency choice;
- Pro ($12/mo) – eCommerce functionality, custom color scheme application, custom code integration etc.
When working with uKit, you can save big by making a one-time payment for 3, 6, 12 or 24 months. The final cost will depend upon the price of the subscription you pick for your project and result you intend to get in the long run.
uKit is a popular cloud DIY website builder, which has positioned itself as one of the best systems to start, manage and host quality small business websites. The platform comes with a broad set of integrated features and there is also a rich choice of design customization tools you can pick from. uKit hosting opportunities sare also extensive, while its pricing options are more than affordable for everyone.
How to Create and Host a Website with a Website Builder Wix?
Have you made up your mind to start a website with Wix? If so, then you should be aware of the list of must-have steps you need to complete to get started with your project successfully. The algorithm of actions is pretty much the same implied by other website builders. If you are not sure about what to start with, have a look at the list of recommended steps that will help you create, customize and host your project with maximum efficacy and best result possible:
- Sign Up with Wix. The very first step of your website creation process is registering with the platform. Fortunately, Wix offers one of the simplest and the most understandable sign up procedures. You can either use your login credentials (email and password) or sign up via your social network accounts. It’s up to you to pick the most suitable and convenient option.
- Pick a Template. The next step is to choose a template from the extensive design collection of the website builder. There are over 550 professional themes there. For your convenience, the designs are divided into niche categories that are easy to browse. If you don’t manage to find a theme that works best for your niche specialization, the website builder lets you choose a blank design to customize it from scratch. Mind that Wix doesn’t allow switching between the templates. So, make your choice wisely.
- Customize Website Design. As soon as you are done with your template choice, you may proceed to its customization. The website builder offers two types of editing options. You can either work with the advanced Wix ADI tool (the AI-based instrument to automatically create website design) or the Standard Editor that allows for more flexible and deep design customization.
- Upload Content. Having created your website layout, you can start uploading the content. This includes articles, images, videos, media files, social network buttons, widgets, third-party extensions etc. Make sure to add contact info (if required) and set up SEO parameters for more effective website optimization. With Wix, all these steps are done with a few clicks and no coding required.
- Select the Subscription. The final step of your website creation process is picking the plan you would like to upgrade to. The choice should depend upon multiple parameters, including the type of project you run, the result you intend to avail, the services/tools you would like to use, the cost etc. Special attention should be given to hosting options provided as this has impact upon your website availability on the web. Take your time to check out the terms each plan implies as Wix has separate subscriptions for standard and business/eCommerce websites.
- Pick the Domain Name. To be easily accessible online, your website should have a memorable and simple domain name. It is recommended to make it associated with your business or the niche you specialize in. This is the surefire way to make your website stand out from the crowd.
- Go Live. Finally, you are ready to go live with your Wix-based website. The process of website publication takes a few minutes only. Just activate the corresponding button and publish the ready-made project – that’s it!
How to Create and Host a Website with a CMS WordPress?
Starting and hosting a website with the CMS WordPress is a more challenging task as compared to launching it with Wix website builder. The process implies deeper web design/coding proficiency and more time to successfully customize the project. If you feel that you are ready to face the challenge and wish to pick WordPress as your best web design tool, here is the list of guidelines to follow:
- Pick a Hosting Provider. The very first step you should start with is picking the right hosting provider – the one that will comply with your website hosting/security needs as well as special budget preferences. What you have to do is to check the reputability of the platform, the subscriptions and terms they include. When it comes to WordPress, the choice seems quite obvious as the CMS recommends Bluehost as its official affordable and feature-laden hosting provider.
- Select the Domain Name. Just like hosting, the choice of domain name also matters a lot for your website creation and its further promotion. Again, make sure all the domain requirements/rules are taken into account and comply with your project parameters. By the way, most hosting providers have free domain name offers when you subscribe to their plans. Bluehost, for example, offers a free bonus domain name during the first year of subscription.
- Install the CMS. As soon as you are done with your hosting and domain name choice, you can proceed to WordPress installation. This is done with a few clicks only and this does not take much time/effort or any coding proficiency, even if you are just a beginner.
- Select and Install the Plugins. WordPress comes with its own integrated collection of plugins and extensions, but these are frequently not enough to cover the entire versatility of your web design customization needs. To get the most out of WordPress customization options, you can look for third-party plugins and add-ons available out there. They are free and paid, with the latter being more secure. WordPress plugins are numerous and versatile, so, you can definitely find those that come up to your niche preferences.
- Design a Website. Having installed website plugins, you can proceed to its development and customization. Pick a suitable theme (either free or paid), select the tools and features to give your project high end design. Just like plugins, WordPress templates are available in the integrated collection of the CMS as well as on the web.
- Add Content. The next step of your WordPress website development implies content upload. The type and volume of content also depends upon the goals you set and result you wish to obtain in the long run. What you can upload to your website is articles, media files (animations, graphics, images, videos etc.), social network account buttons and other elements that effectively contribute to your website popularity and its further promotion.
- Set Up SEO Parameters. The final step before your website publication is the adjustment of your WordPress website SEO parameters. This can be done in the corresponding section of the CMS dashboard, but you can also install one of the available SEO plugins to boost your project promotion.
- Publish the Project. Congratulations! Now you are ready to publish your new website created with WordPress! Just click the corresponding “Publish” button and go live to enjoy the result.
Which Platform is The Best to Create and Host Your Own Website?
When you just start thinking about website development and hosting, you may not even imagine the entire range of problems you may face during the process. One of the main challenges you will encounter is the choice of the best platform to work with. Web design systems differ with regard to their features, parameters, niche specialization, versatility of settings and design customization options. They also provide diverse hosting options and imply different rate of coding awareness.
Website builders like Wix and uKit are certainly an easier path to create a site from scratch and host it. They prevent you from wasting hours on looking for a trusted hosting provider. You do not need to spend extra money on a domain name although you might want to use TLD in future for a better website representation. Users can choose from various characteristics as well as bandwidth and storage space depending on their website needs. They do not need to handle hosting maintenance and support. Website builders appear to be an all-in-one solution to go live with just a click of a button.
Content Management Systems like WordPress, in their turn, are more complicated and imply the awareness of programming knowledge as well as the need to work on your website maintenance afterwards. These systems usually come with extensive integration options, which also requires coding and web design proficiency. Unlike website builders, CMS don’t offer integrated hosting. Thus, you have to search and pick a trusted provider on your own, which is, obviously, extra time/effort/budget investment.
So, which platform is the best to create and host your own website? If you have the experience of working with CMS and are ready to spend some effort and time to start a professional feature-laden project, then WordPress might be a great solution. However, if your coding skills are not on the top level and you are not sure that you will cope with all the hassle of working with CMS, then website builders (Wix or uKit) prove to be a more reasonable and convenient solution. Take your time to make the right choice.