If you have zero coding skills, but cannot give up the idea to become a lucky website owner, there are services, which make it possible to launch a website from scratch without any coding at all. These are the suitable and functional systems known as website builders.
One of the most remarkable and undeniable highlights of website builders is their strong focus on the needs of beginners. These services are easy-to-use and convenient even for those users, who have not been involved in website development before yet have the intention to start professional feature-laden projects.
Most website builders come with intuitive dashboards, free responsive or mobile-ready templates and advanced design customization tools that help you get the most out of the web design process. Another beneficial feature of website builders is their professional customer support that guides a user through all the stages of the website development process. Finally, these platforms frequently come with free integrated hosting and domain name choice. This allows creating and publishing your project directly on the website, which eliminates the need to look for a trusted hosting provider elsewhere.
The range of code-free website builders is quite extensive and each platform has unique features to offer to its users. This is what makes the choice of the most suitable system quite challenging for non-techies. We’ve prepared overviews of the best platforms that let you start quality websites without any coding. Awareness of these features will let you pick the best system that comes up to your individual web design requirements and needs. Have a look at them now.
Best Services To Create a Website Without Coding:
- Wix – The Best Website Builder to Create a Website Without Coding
- uKit – Easy Website Builder to Build a Small Business Website
- SITE123 – Free and Simple SaaS Website Builder for Newbies
- IM Creator – Code-Free Website Builder for Non-Profits
- Webflow – Full-Featured Website Builder for Professionals
- Blocs – The Best Code-Free Software for Mac
- Squarespace – Popular All-In-One Website Builder for Everyone
- Weebly – Simple eCommerce Website Builder for Non-Coders
- Zyro – Easy Platform to Build Websites from Scratch
- WordPress – The Best CMS for Easy Website Creation
Wix – The Best Website Builder to Create a Website Without Coding
Wix – is the best website builder to create a website without coding. This is also the most popular and trusted platform that allows creating all types of projects, irrespective of their specialization, size and complexity level. The all-in-one service rightfully comes with multiple features, advanced design customization options and tools required to start and manage a website. Wix features convenience, ease of use and flexibility that merges with functionality – this is exactly what most newbies lack in other website builders. To define strong features of the system, check them out right away:
- Two Website Editing Options. The website builder offers two editing options, namely Wix ADI and Standard Wix Editor. The first one lets you automatically design your web project, following the system guidelines and answering the questions it provides by default. The second option allows for deeper website customization, letting users manually edit their projects with regard to their objectives and requirements.
- Wix App Market. The system grants access to its App Market with dozens of widgets and add-ons to come up to various niches. Integration of these apps does not imply coding awareness yet it notably boosts your website performance.
- Velo by Wix. This is an integrated web development environment, which provides a set of tools to start and manage professional web applications and sites. Alongside, there is access to asset management tools, which help control the project performance.
- Customizable Designs. Wix boasts one of the richest and most quality collections of templates. They are free, mobile-ready and absolutely customizable. All the designs are divided into niche categories to simplify users’ choice.
- Blogging and eCommerce Engines. The website builder comes with integrated blogging and eCommerce platforms. This allows for simple, convenient and smooth creation/customization of blogs and small/medium online stores. No coding knowledge is required here as well.
Cost: Wix offers several pricing options, which are very affordable and feature-laden. A free plan is never-expiring and it lets you figure out and test all the integrated functionality of the platform. Premium plans are divided into Website and Business/eCommerce. Their cost starts at 13/mo.
uKit – Easy Website Builder to Build a Small Business Website
uKit – is an easy website builder to start and manage a small business website from scratch. This is also one of the most affordable platforms that was created with the needs of newbies in mind. uKit is so simple and convenient for first-timers that it doesn’t take much effort and time to create high end projects with it. Whatever business niche you focus on and whatever web design skills you have, you will certainly be able to explore and use its entire feature set to the advantage. The list of the major uKit highlights is as follows:
- Slight Learning Curve for First-Timers. The website builder is known for its intuitive and simple dashboard, which is understandable to all users. Additionally, the platform offers professional customer support assistance and helpful tutorials that simplify the process of website creation.
- Collection of Responsive Templates. uKit grants access to its amazing collection of responsive customizable templates that can be switched on any stage of the website design process. No coding skills are required to edit the selected theme, while the entire process is intuitive, smooth and quick for everyone. Due to the integrated drag-and-drop editor, you stay in charge of the design customization process, controlling all the steps in person.
- Extensive Widget Choice. The system allows for widget and app integration, which is also a quick and simple process. You can pick and integrate an Online Calculator, a Pro Tables widget, Steps and Timeline, Social Networks as well as SendPulse widgets depending upon your project niche requirements. This does not imply any coding proficiency as well.
- eCommerce and Blogging. The system makes it possible to launch blogs and web stores. Blog creation is realized via integration of the News Informer widget, while web store development is completed by means of Ecwid plugin integration.
- CRM Integration. With uKit, you can make use of the advanced AmoCRM platform, which ensures an easy and fast process of clients/deals accounting. This eventually helps boost your sales volume and profit.
Cost: uKit is one of the cheapest website builders, the cost of which does not compromise with the quality and feature set provided. It offers a 14-day free trial to test its options and four paid plans. The cost of the most affordable plan constitutes $4/mo only, which is a really impressive pricing solution.
SITE123 – Free and Simple SaaS Website Builder for Newbies
SITE123 – is a free and simple SaaS website builder for newbies, which features exceptional convenience, simplicity, intuitive navigation and functionality. The system works best for the development of personal and small business projects, blogs, portfolios, web stores and landing pages. No programming skills are needed to work with it. The platform provides a set of integrated features and tools for hassle-free design customization. The list of its advantages currently encompasses:
- Exceptional Ease of Use. SITE123 is regarded as one of the simplest DIY website builders in the modern web design market. Its intuitive dashboard, simple control panel and convenient navigation let even newbies cope with their website development within an hour or so.
- App Market. The website builder grants access to multiple add-ons, widgets and extensions. Their integration takes a few minutes only and it doesn’t involve any coding proficiency at all. Among the apps you can choose from, the following ones should be the first to mention: Live Chat, Social Network widgets, Galleries, Analytic Tools etc. Online Form Builder is available here as well for code-free integration of popular forms.
- Blogging and eCommerce. Blog and web store creation is possible with SITE123 as well. The website builder boasts quite powerful engines, which do not require professional approach for quick and simple creation of these types of projects. Just follow the guidelines the system generates and watch the result.
- Responsive Templates. Availability of free responsive templates is another strong point of the website builder. The designs are sorted out by industry here for quick and convenient access. All of them are completely customizable and can be switched anytime, if required. SITE123 does not allow for CSS code editing, which simplifies the process of template customization.
- Multilingual Support. With SITE123, it is now possible to create several language versions of your website, irrespective of its specialization. You don’t have to be a coding pro to do that – the system will automatically do that for you to make your website available in several languages of your choice.
Cost: Apart from being one of the simplest website builders, SITE123 stands out from the crowd due to its impressive affordability. The system unveils the opportunity to start an absolutely free website for the unlimited period of time. To get rid of restrictions the free plan involves, you’ll have to choose from 4 premium subscriptions. The cost of the cheapest of them currently constitutes $10.80/mo only.
IM Creator – Code-Free Website Builder for Non-Profits
IM Creator – is the best code-free website builder for non-profits yet professional web developers can also use the system to launch their custom-made projects. The system is not only affordable, but it is also amazingly simple for everyone and this is what appeals to the majority of its subscribers. IM Creator is a nice pick to start landing pages, portfolios, small business websites, web stores and blogs. It ensures intuitive web design process and it does not require any coding awareness at all. These are the features the system offers to its users:
- Stripes Choice. One of the undeniable IM Creator highlights is the availability of stripes. These are the main functional elements of the system that make up the website structure and layout. Each stripe has its own settings based on the purpose it is used for. Strip management and customization is easy even for a non-techie and can be done manually.
- Customizable Designs. The website builder boasts a stunning collection of templates. All of them are free, customizable and responsive. CSS code editing is not allowed here yet you can work with stripes, editing them with regard to your needs.
- Blogging and eCommerce. With IM Creator, you can start and manage quality blogs and small online stores. To launch a blog, you should pick the preferred variant of the news feed structure (there are 5 of them here) and customize it to your liking. To integrate a web store, you’ll need to select the corresponding stripe and add it to the website page. Both options are convenient and easy to handle.
- Widget Integration. The list of widgets you can integrate into your IM Creator website is also available in the Stripes section. This is where you will see the available widgets that will let you select and add blocks of the required functionality. Some of such stripes include Google event schedule list, OpenTable reservation form, SoundCloud audio player, PDF viewer, Facebook comments and more.
- Multilingual Projects. The system offers multilingual support, which lets you start several versions of your website in different languages. No plugin integration or extra settings are required to do that – just pick the languages you need for your project and go ahead to launch them.
Cost: IM Creator boasts a truly outstanding pricing policy. The system is completely free for non-profit organizations, students and artists. Other categories of users can work with the system, having upgraded to one of its paid plans. Their cost starts from $8/mo. This is also a cost-effective offer, especially for entrepreneurs.
Webflow – Full-Featured Website Builder for Professionals
Webflow – is a full-featured website builder for professionals, which comes with a drag-and-drop editor and makes it possible to start different types of web projects. The system works best for complex business websites, blogs, portfolios and landing pages. One of the system’s most impressive features is that it somewhat resembles modern CMS, when it comes to website design and customization. Experts frequently compared it with advanced software like Adobe Dreamweaver that targets professional web developers and requires time for exploration. Find out what exactly the system has to offer:
- Theme Editor. Webflow comes with a convenient theme editor, although, it takes time, skills and effort to explore and master its dashboard. This is because its structure and toolset feature the combination of a standard editor and CMS. What’s more, users can choose from two website editing options here – either Editor or Designer.
- High End Design Customization. The website builder was created with the need of web design pros in mind. At the same time, the system does not require deep and complex coding awareness, although, basic programming proficiency is desirable here, if you intend to launch quality and feature-rich projects.
- Advanced Integrations. Webflow stands out from the crowd due to its advanced integrations. Depending upon your project focus and requirements, you can pick and make use of Lightbox Gallery, Lottie and AfterEffects integrations to boost your website performance.
- Dynamic Content. Webflow comes with a set of field combinations that let you create dynamic website content with regard to its type. This is how you can start forums, image galleries, video presentations, blogs, online forms and other sections.
- Professional Templates. The system boasts a quality collection of professional designs, the number of which equals 200 designs and it keeps increasing due to the effort of Webflow developers. All the themes are responsive and allow for code editing. You can choose from free and paid options here.
Cost: Webflow is not the cheapest website builder, but it offers one of the most extensive selections of subscriptions to meet any needs and budget. There is a free plan that can be used for as long as you wish yet there are functionality restrictions here. Premium plans fall into two large groups, each of which correspondingly encompasses extra subscriptions. The most affordable pricing solution will cost you $12/mo.
Blocs – The Best Code-Free Software for Mac
Blocs – is a worthy code-free software used to launch websites with Mac OS. The product targets Mac users, who are in search of a quality web design tool for their personal/business web projects. There is no version of the program for Windows. Unlike the majority of website builders, Blocs requires download and installation. It mostly works well for landing pages, promo websites and portfolio projects. It’s not quite easy to use the software as it takes time and effort to master its nuances and special characteristics. It’s high time to have a look at some of the most remarkable Blocs features now:
- Block and Bricks Website Structure. The software comes with a block and bricks structure. It lets you choose the required content blocks with regard to your web design needs and arrange them to your liking. Due to the integrated WYSIWYG editor, web page editing becomes easy and quick. No coding knowledge is required to handle the task on your own.
- Template Design. The website builder does not offer any ready-made templates by default. There is an opportunity to get paid themes provided by Blocs. There are 36 layouts available in the template section, which are offered as paid packages. The cost depends upon the number of websites you intend to start. In case you are not satisfied with this option, you can create your own theme, making use of the integrated stock editor tools.
- HTML-Based Structure. The system does not allow editing your website content in the cloud dashboard. What you get instead is a standard HTML-based structure that lets you create simple websites. To start a more complex web project, you’ll need to customize your website with a CMS. This implies coding awareness and extra time/effort investment.
Cost: Blocs has a downloadable trial version, which is available for free. As soon as the trial ends, you’ll be offered to choose from two premium types of license. Their cost currently constitutes $49.99 and $99.99. Additionally, you will require paid hosting. This will cost you around $100 per year.
Squarespace – Popular All-In-One Website Builder for Everyone
Squarespace – is a popular all-in-one website builder for everyone, who needs a quality project created without a line of coding. This is the DIY system, which targets non-techies and web design pros and offers a set of handy features to start a website. The platform is a great pick for entrepreneurs and creatives, who have an intention to run portfolios, small/medium web stores, blogs and small business websites. To find out what you can expect from the system, have a look at its highlights now:
- Responsive Designs. The system boasts a collection of quality themes, which are responsive, free and completely customizable. No programming skills are required to edit them – the entire process is intuitive, fast and simple for everyone. The only thing you should know about the themes is that all the edits you make during the process of project customization are saved automatically – there is no preview mode here. As a result, your edits will be visible only after website publication, which is not quite convenient for beginners.
- eCommerce and Blogging. The platform comes with powerful eCommerce and blogging engines which let you start and effectively manage quality online stores and blogs. When running a web store, you will be able to integrate and customize a shopping cart, add and manage product lists, implement security measures and special offers, integrate images/videos etc. As to blog management, the system allows publishing and updating posts, integrating RSS feeds and user comments, adding geolocation tags etc.
- Portfolio Focus. Squarespace is known for its strong portfolio focus. The website builder comes with a rich feature set geared towards the needs of portfolio owners. Among the options you can pick and use here, it makes sense to mention an integrated Cover Page Builder, Logo & Title editing tool, advanced Style Editor, high end Logo Maker and what not.
- Unfold App. The website builder allows using the downloadable Unfold App to post impressive and feature-rich stories in social networks. The app is free, ebay and understandable to everyone. Along with storytelling implication, Unfold App grants access to built-in themes and features available in premium subscriptions.
Cost: Squarespace doesn’t have any free plans but there is a free trial, which lets you test the integrated functionality of the system during 14 days. Premium plans are also available here and their cost starts from $12/mo.
Weebly – Simple eCommerce Website Builder for Non-Coders
Weebly – is a simple eCommerce website builder for non-coders, which lets you run small and medium online stores without any coding proficiency required. The platform was initially created with blogging purposes in mind yet it acquired strong eCommerce focus after its integration with Square in 2018. Weebly comes with a long list of advantages that contribute to easy, fast and hassle-free website development. Some of them are provided below:
- Advanced Content Editing Tools. The website builder grants access to multiple elements and tools that make the process of design customization effective and simple even for non-coders. Their application lets you edit and customize text blocks, enable various element settings, resize frames to modify the required website sections.
- Content Blocks Choice. The system comes with a block-based structure, which triggers the needs for content block choice and customization. You may choose from multiple blocks here with regard to your website specialization. These include standard elements like traditional slideshows and galleries, for example, and more advanced elements like embedded codes etc.
- Mobile Editing. Weebly makes it possible to edit your website even on the go, irrespective of the place you are in. The mobile app lets you customize your website from mobile devices you have at hand. It is also possible to preview the mobile version of your project here.
- Integration Options. The website builder grants access to its App Center with a dynamic collection of widgets and services that can be integrated with one click only. Some of the apps you can find here include LiveChat, All-Out-Box, Pin Poll and many more. YouTube integration is allowed here as well.
- eCommerce and Blogging. As mentioned above, Weebly stands out from the crowd due to its high end eCommerce engine. It is chock-full of business features that can notably boost your web store performance. Some of these features include a customizable shopping cart, extensive product management options, search filter integration, convenient adjustment of payment/shipping options etc. Additionally, the system lets you add and customize a blog to update the posts on a regular basis.
- Marketing Tools. Weebly Promote Tool makes it possible to adjust advanced email marketing settings to enhance your website promotion. It automatically generates online messages based on the registered user activity.
Cost: Weebly has a free neverending subscription, which lets you test the integrated functionality of the system for as long as you wish. As far as you decide to start and publish a full-featured website, you’ll face the need to upgrade to one of the premium plans. The website builder currently offers 3 of them, with the most affordable option costing $6/mo.
Zyro – Easy Platform to Build Websites from Scratch
Zyro – is an easy platform to start websites from scratch. It is a nice pick for non-techies and beginners, who aim at creating professional web projects without any programming proficiency at all. The website builder lets you run various types of web projects, offering integrated AI solutions that almost eliminate the need for manual website configuration. As a result, the system makes it possible to establish reliable web presence, even if you know nothing about the process of website development. The list of Zyro advantages currently encompasses:
- Drag-and-Drop Editing. The website builder comes with a drag-and-drop editor, which easily lets you modify your website layout based on the selected pre-designed template. Due to the integrated editor, you can pick, add and arrange website sections with regard to your project needs (footer/header, About Us, images, contact forms, headlines, galleries etc. are only a few examples).
- Web Store Manager. The integrated web store manager of the system delivers standard eCommerce functionality. It helps you create and manage your online store, adding new products and modifying basic configurations. The only nuance you have to know is that eCommerce functionality is realized via Store Manager app integration, which requires switching from the website editor to the app and back, while making new edits.
- Integrations. Zyro doesn’t have an integrated app market or store to pick and connect add-ons and widgets. They are available directly in the dashboard, where you can pick and integrate them. Among the most popular integrations you can find here, it makes sense to mention Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics, Live Chat Messenger, Google Tag Manager etc.
- Blogging Platform. The system comes with quite a nice blogging engine that can be activated with a few clicks only. What you need to do is to activate the “Blog” button in the editor and proceed to your blog customization.
- Artificial Intelligence. As the AI-powered website builder, Zyro lets you get a ready-made website by automatically generating texts for the required pages. The system also has the AI Heatmap feature that automatically generates the map of visitors on a certain page. This lets you figure out important traffic-related parameters to improve the pages that are not quite popular with the target audience.
Cost: Zyro doesn’t have free plans or trials. To start a website with the system, you have to pick one of the premium plans. There are four of them here depending upon users’ needs. The cost of subscriptions starts from $2.90/mo. The system offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and safe SSL encryption for maximum website security.
WordPress – The Best CMS for Easy Website Creation
WordPress – is the best CMS for easy website creation. This is the most popular open-source Content Management System in the world, which was initially created with the need of bloggers in mind. Currently, the system allows starting different types of web projects that vary in functionality, size, niche focus, budget etc. Additionally, the software delivers drag-and-drop features that simplify the process of website creation. The range of features the system encompasses is as follows:
- Advanced Website Editor. WordPress currently makes it possible to work in its updated Gutenberg Editor, which comes with handy drag-and-drop options. The process of building websites in the editor resembles that of working in popular website builders. You can pick, customize and arrange content blocks here based on your project requirements. If you don’t like anything about the editor, you can switch to the standard dashboard.
- High End Integrations. The CMS has gained worldwide popularity due to its high end integrations. Apart from the built-in plugins, it grants access to hundreds of third-party integrations available on the web. You can browse many of them with regard to your website type, specialization and requirements. Whether you build a blog, a web store, a landing page, a business website, a portfolio etc., you will certainly find advanced plugins for integration here.
- Hosting Choice. The fact that WordPress is a CMS implies the need to search for a trusted hosting provider to make your website accessible on the web. There are multiple hosting providers that are worth user attention out there yet Bluehost remains the one, which is officially recommended by WordPress. The company offers several types of plans that differ in integrated functionality and range of services provided.
Cost: WordPress is a free CMS, which means that you can download and install the software at no cost at all. To create full-featured websites with it, however, you will have to pick and install external plugins and choose a hosting provider to go live with your project. These steps require additional budget investments. The cheapest Bluehost plan, for example, will cost you $2.95/mo.
Building a Website Without a Code: The Ultimate Guide
To launch a project without a code line, you’ll need to undertake a couple of easy steps. You won’t need any special skills or web design experience to complete them effectively as they are specially meant for users with zero coding knowledge. Here they are:
1. Sign Up Procedure
As soon as you choose a proper website builder, you’ll obviously have to sign up for the service you’ve selected. As a rule, this can be done in two ways – either by submitting your email and activating the confirmation link or by using one of your social network accounts (Facebook and Google are the most widespread options). Both variants are quick, simple and effective.
2. Template Selection
Having entered the system, don’t expect that you will be redirected to the dashboard right from the start (although, some systems do that). The prevailing amount of services offer an opportunity to select a template that will work best for the niche you work in, the tools you plan to use and the functionality you wish it to have. Templates are versatile and some systems allow choosing blank canvases to design a website absolutely from scratch.
3. Domain Name
The choice of the domain name also matters a lot, when you proceed to the website development. As a rule, website builders offer subdomains for free by default, but this option works nice only in case you intent to test the system features. Not more. If you really have long-lasting plans, explore the integrated domain and hosting options most website builders offer. In other words, the system will provide an opportunity to select one of the domains based on your business name. You can also connect the one of your own.
4. Design Development
As soon as you select the template you like and have the domain name to publish a website when it is ready, it is high time to work on its design customization. Generally, website builders have powerful tools to give your project the required design. You’ll be offered to choose between different variants of layouts, backgrounds, icons, styles, fonts, galley and video integration options and other design elements. Just select those that will contribute to your website customization best from your point of view.
5. Content Adding
Designing your website layout and the general appeal of your project is a notable stage of the web development process, but… that’s only a part of it. Content is what most users look for at your website and you have to try your best effort to search, select and upload only interesting information relevant to your website (business) specialization. These include images, videos, polls, articles and what not.
6. SEO Settings
The next step you’ll need to undergo is the set up of SEO parameters for your website. If you wish your project to get higher positions in the search engines, make sure to fill out the meta tags and other SEO settings.
7. Website Publication
The final step of your website development is its publication. Prior to doing that, however, check all the elements and content of your website thoroughly. As soon as you are sure about your website readiness for publication – do that and watch the result!
How to Create HTML Page Without Coding
If you face the need to start a web page without baseline coding awareness, you can do that by using special programs. The downloadable software makes it possible to launch any type of web project, be it a professional portfolio, a corporate site, a digital store or any other web project.
Offline web design software mainly comes with drag-and-drop editing features and it takes time to master them to the advantage, especially if you are a beginner. The programs also require separate hosting and domain name choice as well as connection of third-party extensions for advanced functionality. Some of the most efficient samples currently include Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Muse CC, Pinegrow, Figma, TemplateToaster and many more. Read on our rating to find out more about these systems.
How to Create a Dynamic Website Without Coding
Starting a dynamic website is a more complicated task that implies at least baseline coding proficiency. Among a diversity of ways to launch this type of projects, it initially makes sense to use Content Management Systems. These are downloadable platforms, which deliver extensive built-in functionality and powerful integration options. They come with high end design customization options, making it possible to start truly unique and personalized projects.
What you should know is that websites created with CMS generally rank high in the search engine results. This contributes to efficient and quick traffic growth. The list of modern CMS is quite long and you can find a platform to comply with your needs and coding skills there.
If you are a newbie, though, picking WordPress will be the best solution. This is the system, which ensures intuitive web design approach and quality result yet it can be mastered by beginners. This, however, may take some effort, time and preliminary web design background. Do you possess deeper coding proficiency? Then you may consider choosing a more complex and feature-rich open-source software.
Building a website without coding is a challenge, but there is nothing impossible about that, if you use website builders. These systems encompass a broad range of features, tools and options. They make website creation a smooth, simple and enjoyable process.
Wix and uKit are the simplest and the most popular website builders, which work great for the development of different types of websites based on your special needs, intentions and budget. While Wix is a professional all-in-one web building solution, uKit mostly focuses on the development of small business websites. Both systems ensure simple and intuitive web design process, convenient template editing and code-free project customization.
SITE123, IM Creator, Weebly and Zyro are web design platforms, which also stand out from the crowd due to their focus on non-techies and simple website development. The systems are quite easy to work with. They ensure convenient and intuitive template customization, hassle-free project management and smooth promotion.
Webflow, Blocs and Squarespace are more complicated to master as they mostly target professional users. It takes time to explore them, while the process of website development frequently becomes a challenge for non-techies. However, no powerful coding skills are required to launch quality projects with these systems.
WordPress, in its turn, is the world-known CMS, which proves to be a nice pick, when it comes to designing quality websites with powerful integrations. The software delivers extensive plugin application options and it also requires hosting choice for high end performance of your website.
All the options reviewed above are worth the attention. Explore each service prior to making the choice, which works best for your particular web building tasks.