If you have zero coding skills, but cannot give up the idea to become a lucky website owner, there are services, which make it possible to launch a website from scratch without any coding at all. These are the suitable and functional systems known as website builders.
They are specially built with the needs of beginners in mind, yet have the desire to start a professional website. If you have any doubts regarding the use of website builders, have a closer look at their major advantages now:
- Ease of Use. Website builders come with tutorials and intuitive dashboards, which make the web building process fast, convenient and understandable.
- Free Professional Templates. Whatever system you will go for, it will come with a rich set of responsive or mobile-optimized templates. They are mostly free and developed by professional web designers. The templates may sometimes be divided into separate categories based on their themes to simplify user search.
- Free Hosting and Domain. The platforms frequently come with integrated domain name and hosting options, due to which you can create, publish and get your website online. Mind that many services grant bonus domains to those users, who make annual payments.
- Design Customization. Apart from letting you choose between a variety of templates, website builders also provide a rich set of design customization tools to create stunning website appeal.
Building a Website Without a Code: The Ultimate Guide
To launch a project without a code line, you’ll need to undertake a couple of easy steps. You won’t need any special skills or web design experience to complete them effectively as they are specially meant for users with zero coding knowledge. Here they are:
1. Sign Up Procedure
As soon as you choose a proper website builder, you’ll obviously have to sign up for the service you’ve selected. As a rule, this can be done in two ways – either by submitting your email and activating the confirmation link or by using one of your social network accounts (Facebook and Google+ are the most widespread options). Both variants are quick, simple and effective.
2. Template Selection
Having entered the system, don’t expect that you will be redirected to the dashboard right from the start (although, some systems do that). The prevailing amount of services offer an opportunity to select a template that will work best for the niche you work in, the tools you plan to use and the functionality you wish it to have. Templates are versatile and some systems allow choosing blank canvases to design a website absolutely from scratch.
3. Domain Name
The choice of the domain name also matters a lot, when you proceed to the website development. As a rule, website builders offer subdomains for free by default, but this option works nice only in case you intent to test the system features. Not more. If you really have long-lasting plans, explore the integrated domain and hosting options most website builders offer. In other words, the system will provide an opportunity to select one of the domains based on your business name. You can also connect the one of your own.
4. Design Development
As soon as you select the template you like and have the domain name to publish a website when it is ready, it is high time to work on its design customization. Generally, website builders have powerful tools to give your project the required design. You’ll be offered to choose between different variants of layouts, backgrounds, icons, styles, fonts, galley and video integration options and other design elements. Just select those that will contribute to your website customization best from your point of view.
5. Content Adding
Designing your website layout and the general appeal of your project is a notable stage of the web development process, but… that’s only a part of it. Content is what most users look for at your website and you have to try your best effort to search, select and upload only interesting information relevant to your website (business) specialization. These includes images, videos, polls, articles and what not.
6. SEO Settings
The next step you’ll need to undergo is the set up of SEO parameters for your website. If you wish your project to get higher positions in the search engines, make sure to fill out the meta tags and other SEO settings.
7. Website Publication
The final step of your website development is its publication. Prior to doing that, however, check all the elements and content of your website thoroughly. As soon as you are sure about your website readiness for publication – do that and watch the result!
Best Services to Create a Website Without a Line of Code
Website development generally implies the completion of several steps, but your first and foremost task is the choice of the best building service that works well for your particular web building needs. Let’s make a brief overview of two most popular website builders now – Wix and uKit so that you could decide, which of them works best for your web design needs.
Wix is one of the trendiest website builders out there. The service has universal nature, which means that it allows creating different types of websites with it. The system features convenience, ease of use and flexibility that merges with functionality – this is exactly what most newbies lack in other website builders.
- Wix App Market. This is the place, where you can get and then integrate widgets to come up to your project specialization (Comments and Events Calendar, Form Builder, LiveChat, Wix Forum, Wix Hotels, Wix Restaurants are among the most widespread options).
- Editing Options. Wix allows choosing between two website editing options depending upon your expertise level and amount of time you are ready to invest – these are the standard Wix Editor and Wix ADI or Artificial Design Intelligence. To those users, who wish to get decent mobile-optimized website versions of their websites, the service offers a mobile editor. It allows modifying the design of your mobile website without affecting its desktop version.
- eCommerce and Blogging. These are the widgets you can connect to your website to launch a full-featured blog or web store.
- SEO Wiz. This option allows planning your website SEO promotion to ensure high positions in the search engines.
- Mobile Optimized Templates. Wix has a gallery of mobile-optimized templates that currently encompasses more than 550 themes and is regularly updated with new high quality samples that fall into thematic categories.
Wix currently offers a free neverending plan (it does not encompass an eCommerce solution) and five paid plans that differ in terms, budget and features implied. These are Connect Domain ($4.50/mo), Combo ($8.50/mo), Unlimited ($12.50/mo), Commerce ($16.50/mo) and VIP ($24.50/mo).
If you have ever browsed the web looking for the easiest website builder, then you’ve definitely come across uKit. This small business website builder is so simple and convenient for newbies that building websites with the system doesn’t take much time and effort. What’s more, the service is also affordable and offers pricing plans that will fit any budget.
- Ease of Use. uKit has a simple and intuitive dashboard understandable from the first sight, helpful tutorials and customer support team that makes the web building process easy, quick and convenient.
- Widget Collection. uKit has a collection of widgets you can choose from to boost your website performance (Timeline and Stages, Online Calculator (uCalc), Slider, SoundCloud, Gallery, Video to mention a few).
- Third-Party Apps Integration. You can select and integrate external apps into your website to enhance its functionality (MailChimp, LiveChat, AMO CRM etc.).
- Responsive Templates. Choose among the extensive collection of responsive niche-specific templates to give your website individual touch and personalization.
- eCommerce Options. With uKit, you can choose the way you’d like to launch your website with – either by means of integrating an eCommerce widget into your ready made project or by means of connecting an Ecwid account to it.
- Mobile View Feature. uKit has recently introduced the possibility of manual setup of your website mobile view for mobile devices – tablets and smartphones. You can hide and activate the required mobile blocks, set up and adjust widget columns, change block backgrounds etc.
uKit is one of the cheapest website builders, the cost of which does not compromise with the quality and feature set provided. It offers a 14-day free trial to test its options and four paid plans, including Premium ($4/mo), Premium + ($8/mo), eCommerce ($9.6/mo) and Pro ($12/mo). The prices are more than impressive.
Building a website without coding is a challenge, but there is nothing impossible about that, if you use website builders. These systems encompass a broad range of features, tools and options. They make website creation a smooth, simple and enjoyable process.
Wix and uKit are those website builders, which work great for the development of different types of websites based on your special needs, intentions and budget. While Wix is a universal web building solution, uKit mostly focuses on the development of small business websites.
Both options, however, are worth the attention. Explore each service prior to making the choice, which works best for your particular web building tasks.