If you have recently launched a new business or just plan to do that, you have to establish a reliable web presence for it. That’s not a whim, but a must, if you intend to target clients/business partners around the world, grow customer base and generate income.
Running a website is, probably, the best-kept secret to build brand reputation and to get passive income. It doesn’t really matter what niche you specialize in and what objectives you set, you won’t be able to reach them without an impressive and feature-rich website. It will present you to the target audience, making your business stand out from the crowd. So, how can you get one?
Actually, starting a website has become much easier today than ever before. You don’t have to order it from a professional web studio, which will cost you a fortune. You can easily build it yourself, even if that’s your first try and you don’t have a notion of coding nuances. Website builders will help you out here. These systems were specially created with the needs and skills of non-techies in mind. They come with integrated tools, ready-made templates and special features that let you start a quality website in around an hour, depending upon the project type and complexity.
Ready to get started? Then take your time to find out more about the most popular DIY website builders to create a new website now.
Best Services to Create a New Website:
Wix – The Best Free Website Builder for a New Website
Wix – is the most popular DIY website builder, which has won global reputation due to its functionality, convenience, affordability and ease-of-use. The platform targets beginners yet it has much to offer to users with a certain web design background. You can use it to launch almost any type of web project for personal or business use, be it a commercial website, a blog, a portfolio, a landing page or even a web store. Wix comes with hundreds of free, ready-made and mobile-optimized templates, two design editing options (Standard Editor and Wix ADI), multiple integrations available in its App Market, multilingual support, eCommerce/blogging engines and other advantages.
How to Create a New Website on Wix
- Sign Up for an Account. If you don’t have a Wix account yet, it’s high time to create one. The platform allows doing that in one of two ways – either by filling out the registration form or by using your personal social network account to access the system. This generally takes less than an hour.
- Pick an Editing Option. Wix offers two website editing options – Standard Editor and Wix ADI. The first works well for experienced users, allowing for deeper website customization, while the second one will be a better choice for non-coders, letting them create a project in the automated mode.
- Choose a Template. The website builder grants access to an impressive selection of themes divided into niche sections. Choose the one that corresponds to your project specialization and requirements most.
- Integrate the Extensions. Wix App Market abounds in quality widgets that also refer to various categories based on their implication. The apps are free and paid – pick those that match your project specialization and functionality requirements.
- Enable the Required Features. The website builder lets you activate the mobile mode of your project to make it accessible on mobile devices, multilingual support to create several language versions of your project, blogging/eCommerce options etc.
- Modify SEO Parameters. To improve your website ranking in the search engines, you should configure its SEO settings. Wix SEO Wiz will help you with that. Additionally, you can integrate analytic tools to track your project performance and fix the bugs, when required.
- Add Marketing Tools. If you intend to start a business website and promote your brand, integration of marketing tools is a must. With this purpose, Wix offers a high end Ascend Platform, MailChimp, pop-up menus, contact forms, email marketing feature, Automated Advertising etc. These and other apps are available in the App Market.
- Connect Domain Name. To make your project accessible online you should pick a plan and connect a domain name.
- Go Live. Having completed the steps listed above, you are welcome to publish your website and watch the result.
Wix has versatile pricing plans to come up to any budget and needs. You can test its functionality and practice your skills on a free plan for the unlimited period of time. As soon as you are ready to start a feature-rich project ad to go live with it, you can upgrade to one of the premium subscriptions. They fall into two packages Standard and Business/eCommerce, each encompassing more detailed plans. The cost of subscriptions starts at $13/mo.
uKit – Easy Small Business Website Builder
uKit – is one of the easiest DIY website builders, which was initially created with the only purpose in mind – to set up and manage small business websites. At the same time, the system is applicable for the development of other types of projects, including blogs, digital stores, landing pages, portfolios and what not. The platform offers quite an extensive set of free responsive templates, integrable widgets, SSL connection, team management options, eCommerce solutions, CRM integration etc.
How to Create a New Website on uKit
- Register with uKit. To create a website with uKit, you should initially register an account. You can either use your social media account to do that or fill out the sign up form, using your email and password.
- Choose the Design. Access the dashboard and pick a template to get started with your project. The designs are sorted out by niche categories to simplify the choice. The preview option will help you make the right choice by seeing the theme in details.
- Pick a Domain Name. To proceed to website customization, assign a domain anime to your project.
- Submit Content. Reach the Site Pages tab of the website builder to add the related content to corresponding website pages. It’s up to you to add/remove pages with regard to your project requirements.
- Edit the Pages. To edit the pages and adjust the settings, go to the General tab to modify the available parameters there.
- Integrate Widgets. Browse the list of widgets uKit offers to enhance your project specialization and add those that comply with your project specialization.
- Adjust SEO Settings. The SEO tab available next to the General tab lets you adjust multiple settings for better search engine optimization of your project.
- Publish a Website. As soon as you are done with the major settings, go ahead to publish your project. You can also add your website to Google Search Console and enable the statistics to track website visitors and performance. Now you can enjoy the result!
uKit is not only one of the simplest website builders, but it’s also one of the most cost-effective solutions out there. The system doesn’t have a free plan yet it allows testing its features with a 14-day free trial. To publish a full-featured website, users may choose from four subscriptions. Their cost starts at $4/mo.
WordPress – Free CMS to Build Any Website
WordPress – is the world-popular Content Management System, which is used to start all types of websites, irrespective of their specialization, size and complexity. The software stands out from the crowd due to its abundant and powerful plugins, high end design customization options and multiple integrations that contribute to your project performance. To be used to the advantage, however, the system requires coding proficiency and web design background. Newbies will find it somewhat complicated. It definitely takes time and effort to explore and master it.
How to Create a New Website on WordPress
- Choose a Hosting Provider. Before you get started with your WordPress website, you should pick a hosting provider and create an account there.
- Pick a Domain Name. Select one of the plans provided by the hosting you’ve chosen and pick a domain name for your project.
- Install WordPress. If you haven’t downloaded and installed the WordPress software yet, it’s high time to do that. The CMS is absolutely free for everyone.
- Select a Theme. WordPress has a collection of themes in its built-in library yet there are also hundreds of them online. The designs are free and paid – pick the most suitable option to get started.
- Customize the Design. Reach the system dashboard to customize the selected design, using the available toolset.
- Integrate Plugins. The CMS abounds in free and paid extensions that add to the project performance. There are hundreds of them out there, so, take your time to pick and install those that correspond to your project specialization.
- Adjust SEO and Marketing Parameters. Choose and adjust SEO and marketing plugins to set up your project for better optimization and promotion.
- Publish Your Website. It’s high time to publish your project now – this takes a few seconds only!
WordPress is a free CMS. Everyone can download and install the system at no cost. You can also use it for simple website creation without paying for the service. To get access to extra plugins and integrations, though, you will have to make a one-time payment for the selected extensions. The same is about templates. As an open-source platform, WordPress also implies hosting and domain name choice. This also requires financial investments. When it comes to picking a hosting provider, Bluehost proves to be the most trusted and cost-effective solution. This service is officially recommended by WordPress, while its cheapest plan costs $2.95/mo only.
SITE123 – All-in-One Web Building Software
SITE123 – is one of the simplest website builders, which initially targets newbies with little or no web design expertise at all. The system is used to launch all types of personal and business projects, being a great pick for standard web stores, blogs, portfolios, small business projects and websites of non-profit organizations. The software is known for its intuitive web design approach, availability of simple tools, multilingual support, blogging/eCommerce engines, built-in App Market, Logo Maker, Form Builder, shared website access rights, enhanced project safety features and extensive social media integrations.
How to Create a New Website on SITE123
- Choose Website Type. To start a website with SITE123, you initially have to access the system and pick a type of project you intend to set up. There are several categories to choose from, while some of them come with subcategories for more detailed template selection.
- Submit Project Name. The next step is to provide your website name – submit it in the corresponding window.
- Sign Up for the System. Finally, you can create an account, providing your name, email and password.
- Choose a Template. The website builder will offer you default templates based on the niche preferences you have provided. If you don’t like it, you can switch the theme when required.
- Customize the Design. Reach the system dashboard to use the available toolset to edit the pages and customize the design.
- Add Content. Modify your template, adding relevant content – texts, images/videos, social media elements, galleries, slideshows etc. Take your time to edit the project name and logo. Add the required number of pages.
- Integrate Widgets. SITE123 grants access to multiple applications and widgets available in its App Market. Pick those that comply with your project requirements/niche focus (Analytics Tools, Galleries, Social, Popular, Forms, Live Support Chat, Booking widgets etc.) to enhance your project functionality.
- Upgrade and Publish the Project. As soon as you are done with all the settings, you can publish the project for free. Mind, however, that it will be accessible on a subdomain in this case. To connect a website domain name and to enhance project parameters, upgrade to one of the premium subscriptions.
SITE123 offers a free plan to let you explore the system and boost your web design skills. As soon as you are ready to publish a ready-made project, you will be able to pick one of four premium subscriptions that differ in terms and tools provided. The cost of the cheapest SITE123 constitutes $10.80/mo.
IM Creator – 100% Responsive Site Maker
IM Creator – is a popular cloud website builder, which has won user recognition due to the availability of tools, integrations, multiple templates and design customization options. The system ensures freedom of website editing, making it possible to run different types of web projects. These include business and personal websites, blogs, online stores, portfolios, landing pages etc. There is no need to possess coding knowledge to set up websites with IM Creator. The use of the system is easy and intuitive for everyone. It comes with blogging/eCommerce engines, multiple free responsive designs, powerful integrations and multilingual support.
How to Create a New Website on IM Creator
- Choose a Template. When working with IM Creator, you should initially pick a template. The system offers many of them available in its collection. It is also possible to create a new site from scratch, choosing a blank theme from the start.
- Register with the System. You don’t have to register with the website builder, when you choose a design for your project. However, you will need an account to save the project and to make it accessible by the target audience. To join the system, you need to provide your email, nickname and password.
- Add the Content. Having got an account, you can start substituting the available content with that of your own (texts, images, videos, galleries, slideshows etc.). Create as many pages as your project requires.
- Customize the Website. Reach the dashboard of the platform to customize it, using the available toolset.
- Integrate Widgets. Choose and add the widgets with regard to your project specialization and complexity.
- Adjust SEO and Marketing Settings. Access the corresponding dashboard sections to adjust SEO and marketing parameters of your website.
- Publish It! Finally, you can go live with your new website – this takes a few seconds only!
IM Creator has a notable advantage over its niche competitors. The website builder is absolutely free for non-profit organizations, students and artists. Business owners, hosting providers and web designers can use the software, paying $8/mo for its premium subscription. The system also has a package of White Label plans for those who intend to use it for brand promotion purposes.
How Much Does it Cost to Build a New Website
Defining the budget of your project is, probably, one of the most crucial factors that affect the choice of the web design tool. Website creation platforms reviewed above all offer fixed rates for the packages/features offered. What’s more, each of them provides quite an extensive choice of subscriptions with regard to users’ budget, web design requirements and project specifications. This allows everyone picking the best software to adhere to individual project requirements.
So, how much does it cost to build a new website? Wix website builder has, probably, the most extensive selection of plans to choose from, which are meant for standards and business/eCommerce projects. Whatever subscription you will go for, you will be able to save up to 50% of its initial cost, if you register with the system from Tuesday to Thursday. That’s when they offer the discounts. The cheapest Wix plan will cost you $13/mo.
uKit and SITE123 are the cheapest and the simplest website builders in the modern web design market. The cost of starting projects with them starts at $4/mo and $10.80/mo correspondingly. If you intend to launch a non-profit website, you can do that absolutely for free with IM Creator, which has a special offer for this type of projects. In case you need a business website, you will have to pay around $8/mo for it with the system.
WordPress is initially free, but get ready to invest in paid plugins and templates as well as in hosting/domain name. Thus, the cost of your project will eventually depend on the solutions/elements you will go for.
When you plan to start a new website, you have to consider a number of crucial parameters. These include the type, size, complexity and specialization of your project, the result you intend to avail, programming skills, functionality required, degree of customizability and, of course, budget.
Wix, uKit, WordPress, SITE123 and IM Creator all let you set up quality web projects yet each of them comes with a specific toolset, built-in features and special parameters. The best solution for a newbie is Wix, which stands out from the crowd due to a number of advantages, ranging from the amazing template collection and multiple integrable applications and up to versatile pricing options and stunning discounts. This is a multifaceted website builder, which has much to offer to everyone.