The hotel business has expanded a lot throughout recent years, which is mainly explained by the growing competition in this niche. The number of hotel owners start thinking about the necessity to establish web presence for their businesses to win the attention of the target audience.
Whether you are managing a chain of luxurious full-service hotels, run a small B&B guest house or just think about starting the hotel business of your own, launching an impressive, full-featured and user-friendly website is a must.
As a hotel owner, you may be personally interested in building a website yourself. Anyway, who knows its highlights better than you do? At the same time, you may obviously be too busy managing your business 24/7 to learn programming languages to develop this project on your own. Hiring a web design agency or a freelancer may not be the best solution as it takes notable financial investments. Fortunately, a decent hotel website builder may become the only reasonable solution in this case.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Hotel Website Builders:
- Wix – The Best Hotel Website Builder with Booking System
- uKit – Easy-to-use Website Builder for Vacation Rentals
- WordPress – #1 CMS for Hotel Website Development
- Squarespace – B&B Website Builder with Reservation System
- SITE123 – FREE Website Builder to Create a Hotel Website
- eZee Panorama – Hotel Website Builder
- Little Hotelier – Guest House Website Builder
- Vacation Labs – Tour Operator Website Builder
- SiteMinder – Guest Acquisition Platform
- IM Creator – Small Hotel Website Builder
If you are right about to start working on your hotel website development on your own, using one of the above listed website builders will be a reasonable solution. Which of them, however, is the most preferable option that will come up to your web design requirements best? To simplify the choice, it makes sense to review and analyze each of the systems included into the list to help you make the unbiased decision. Have a look at the comparison of the most popular hotel website builders and their features right away!
Wix – The Best Hotel Website Builder with Booking System
Wix – is the best hotel website builder that delivers a broad spectrum of features and has the integrated booking system to ensure the unsurpassed hotel website building experience. Apart from standard web design tools, the platform hosts a pack of hospitality-related elements that will bring your business to the next level. Unlike the prevailing amount of drag-and-drop website builders, Wix lets you reveal 100% of your rooms’ potential to the target audience in addition to its internal full-cycle reservation system. What’s important, it doesn’t require coding skills to effectively cope with website creation process. Have a look at the major features of the website builder:
- Hotel Templates. Wix allows choosing between dozens of high-quality, mobile-ready and fully-customizable templates. They are specially designed for the hotel business niche and subdivided into two categories to simplify users’ choice: templates for hotels and B&Bs and those for apartments and hostels. There is also an opportunity to choose a blank theme to design a unique website based on your individual preferences.
- Hotel Widgets. The system grants access to the collection of free and paid widgets, integration of which can notably boost your hotel website performance and visual appeal (Hotels and Airbnbs Map to provide the best spots to stay in your location, Wix Hotels to let your guests book rooms directly at the website, Vacation Rental Booking to find vacation rentals and hotels online etc.).
- Wix Bookings. This is the integrated booking system, which makes online scheduling easy, allows taking bookings 24/7, accepting secure payments and customizing your brand to successfully promote it. By using the feature, you can simplify business management process by keeping track of your schedule, adding staff members, managing clients etc.
- Client Interaction Tools. There is a rich choice of client interaction tools available in the Wix App Market. These are free and premium integrable widgets and add-ons, which have positive impact upon your communication with customers (Callback, Book Appointments Online, Wix Forms, 123 Form Builder, Inffuse Testimonials, Live Chat, Google Event Calendar, Events Calendar, Latest News, Scheduling Pro, Wix Chat, Contact Management +CRM, etc.).
- Room Search Bar. The system comes with an automatically updated feature that provides the most accurate information on room availability, including date, amenities, number of adults, kids, etc.
- Client Reviews. With Wix, you can integrate extensions and widgets to enable clients leave their comments and share their experience of staying in your hotel (Customer Reviews, Comments+, Social Testimonials, MyReviews, Comments, Yelp, Testimonial Builder, Voice Comments+ etc.)
- Integration with Tripadvisor. Wix lets its users book a room in a hotel right from the Trip Advisor’s website or mobile app.This eventually saves your time and effort.
Cost: For newbies, who are unfamiliar with the system and wish to test its features, Wix offers the unlimited free plan. However, it has certain restrictions, which trigger the necessity to upgrade to paid subscriptions, when it comes to the website development process itself. What’s more, only premium plans make it possible to connect the domain name to your hotel website. Currently, Wix has two types of paid subscriptions, namely Standard and eCommerce/Business. Each of these groups of plans, in its turn, also comes with several plan types that match specific requirements and web design skills. The cheapest Standard plan will cost you $13/mo, while the most affordable Business subscription starts with $23/mo.
uKit – Easy-to-Use Website Builder for Vacation Rentals
uKit – is the cheapest website builder for small business hotel owners and vacation rentals. The system impresses everyone by its exceptional ease-of-use and affordability, which does not compromise with excellent performance. It may work well for the development of a website for bed & breakfast hotel or a small guest house. Here are the major features of the website builder:
- Responsive Niche Templates. uKit offers dozens of free and paid templates. Although, there is no “Hotel” category here, you can choose from a selection of real-estate templates to further customize the selected design. All templates have Contact, Prices and Services sections. Just fill in necessary information and that’s it! Mind that all premium themes come with hover-effect to make your web pages more interactive and catchy.
- Widget Collection. With uKit, you can integrate multiple widgets into your hotel website. They contain specific content that comes up to your business requirements. These include Social Networking Buttons, Online Chat, Timeline, Timer, Service Calculator, User Comments and what not.
- Facebook Page Conversion. If you already have a Facebook page related to your B&B business, you can easily convert it into a website using uKit platform.
- Live Chat. The live chat feature will let you stay connected with your customers in the real-time mode. This is how you’ll be able to answer their questions and provide them with online assistance and support on time.
- Free SSL Certificate. As far as your hotel website users will make online reservations and bookings, it is a must to make them secure and protected from unauthorized access. With the SSL Certificate connection feature, you’ll be able to do that with a few clicks only and absolutely for free.
- CallBack Feature. The widget will be of great help to customers, who’ll have the desire to find out the details by leaving the call back request so that you could connect with them whenever it is convenient to you.
Cost: uKit stands out from the crowd due to its affordable pricing policy, irrespective of the fact that it doesn’t offer a completely free plan. To test the system, you can sign up for the 14-day free trial period. At the end of it, you’ll have to choose one of the paid plans to keep working on your website development and promotion. The cheapest uKit plan will cost you $4/mo, while the most expensive solution is worth $12/mo only.
WordPress – #1 CMS for Hotel Website Development
WordPress – is the most popular Content Management System among users willing to start large-scale hotel businesses. Due to the abundance of design customization tools, extensive code editing and integration options, the service deserves to be called one of the best web building solutions ever. Let’s enlist its main highlights now:
- Hotel Templates. WordPress has an amazing collection of templates (including those for your hotel business). They are integrated and available on the web both for free and for certain cost.
- Client Interaction Plugins. Hotel business implies the necessity of cooperation and interaction with clients. WordPress simplifies this task, offering a variety of plugins. Some of them include Client Portal Plugin, Easy Social Share Buttons, WP Customer Area, WP Notification Bar Pro, Request Callback Plugin and more.
- Hotel Plugins. Apart from customer interaction plugins, the CMS also comes with a rich selection of plugins that are specially designed to be further integrated into hotel websites. You can pick AweBooking, Booki, Online Hotel Booking System plugin, WP Booking System, EasyReservations, Orioly Book Now and other related niche plugins based on your web design and industry needs.
Cost: WordPress is an absolutely free system. This means that you can download, install and use its major and integrated features at no cost at all. Mind that quality plugins and templates provided by the third-party developers are paid as well as hosting and domain name. Hosting cost generally depends upon the plan and the provider you will go for. Thus, Bluehost, which is the official WordPress hosting recommended by the system, offers several plans, the most affordable of which will cost only $2.95/mo.
Squarespace – B&B Website Builder with Reservation System
Squarespace – is a popular DIY website builder, which can be effectively used for the development of B&B hotel websites with integrated reservation functionality. The system covers a broad spectrum of features and tools that work great for hotel project creation. It’s also worth mentioning that Squarespace is not the easiest platform for beginners yet it’s quite possible to master it, irrespective of your web design background and skills. Have a look at the major feature set of the website builder now:
- Responsive Hotel Designs. The website builder comes with a set of responsive customizable designs you can use to start and manage hotel websites. A convenient drag-and-drop editor lets you choose and arrange the required website elements to fit your hotel project most of all. All Squarespace templates are professional, making it possible to start a quality hotel website from scratch.
- Powerful Marketing. To let your hotel visitors find out recent business-related news, updates and events, Squarespace makes it possible to share the required info in social networks, namely Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. Integrated SEO, in its turn contributes to the effective hotel website promotion in the search engines, thus, letting you withstand niche competition. Additionally, you can check the regularly-updated real-time website analytics (such as Squarespace Metrics App, Google Analytics etc.) to find out more about your hotel, reservations and clients. What’s more, you can make use of email marketing campaigns, content import/export and other handy features.
- Integration Features. With Squarespace, you can choose from multiple add-ons and widgets that can add extra performance to your hotel website. These include specific eCommerce tools for hotel projects, social media buttons, widgets for image/video galleries, contact forms and many more.
- Reservation System. The website builder comes with the integrated reservation system, which allows making online room bookings and hotel reservations in advance. This is done with a few clicks directly from your hotel website dashboard – all within the same interface for your special convenience.
- Logo Maker. Squarespace is proud of its integrated Logo Maker, which lets you create or customize your hotel website logo, if you don’t have the one yet or if you wish to edit your website logo design a bit. It’s also possible to add several contributors to your website development team, if you think about shared project design and its further management.
Cost: When it comes to the pricing aspect, Squarespace doesn’t offer any free subscriptions yet it makes it possible to test the system’s functionality during the 14-day trial, which is absolutely free for everyone. The cheapest paid subscription starts with $12/mo, offering the extensive feature set required to successfully start and update your hotel website.
SITE123 – FREE Website Builder to Create a Hotel Website
SITE123 – is a free website builder to create a hotel website and this is also one of the simplest systems used for this purpose. The service makes it possible to create feature-laden projects that are easy-to-browse and feature intuitive navigation understandable to each and every visitor. The integrated drag-and-drop editor allows for quick and easy website customization, which eventually results in the development of visually-appealing and functional hotel websites. The list of SITE123 highlights is available below:
- Logo Maker. The website builder grants access to the integrated Logo Maker tool, which makes it possible to boost your hotel website popularity and brand recognition. The platform offers a set of integrated design elements you can use to create your hotel website logo. There is also an opportunity to upload and customize the existing logo to make it unique and personalized.
- Multilingual Support. The platform offers multilingual support, due to which you can create the required number of website language versions depending upon your business needs. This will make your hotel website accessible for the target audience, which come from abroad as well as for international partners/visitors.
- App Market. The system grants access to the variety of functional apps, add-ons and widgets, which will notably boost your hotel website performance. Some of the most popular apps of this type include Booking widgets that work great for hotel projects, Forms, Galleries, Live Chat Support, Analytic Tools, Social widgets and many more.
- Online Form Builder. There is an opportunity to create and integrate different types of online forms into your hotel website either form communication or functional purposes. These include callback forms, registration forms, online inquiry forms, questionnaires, polls and other form types. SITE123 Form Builder is absolutely free, offering access to the extensive variety of custom form layouts you can use and customize with regard to your hotel website development needs.
- Social Media Options. SITE123 lets its subscribers integrate social media files into their hotel websites. The system makes it possible to boost your project popularity and performance by sharing your business news, updates, plans, scheduled events and other hotel-related info in social networks.
Cost: SITE123 is both a simple and affordable hotel website builder. There is a free plan you can use for the unlimited period of time, but there is also a chance to upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions the system has to offer. The cost of the cheapest SITE123 plan constitutes $10.80/mo, covering a broad range of website development needs.
eZee Panorama – Hotel Website Builder
eZee Panorama – is an easy-to-use website builder, which makes it possible for hotel and restaurant owners to launch and run quality websites. This is the all-in-one solution that focuses on the hospitality niche and comes with a fully-integrated booking engine, which is a must for a standalone hotel/restaurant website. eZee stands out from the crowd due to its drag-and-drop functionality, versatility of quality niche templates, custom image library, multilingual support and other features that contribute to smooth and convenient development of websites for hotels, resorts, restaurants, vacation homes, private accommodations, hotel networks, bars, cafes, restaurants etc. The most important features are listed below:
- Powerful Reservation Booking Engine. The website builder boasts an advanced booking engine presented as a high end reservation system. You can integrate it with any new project launched with eZee Panorama or with existing websites of your choice. The engine allows processing direct bookings and it’s absolutely commission free.
- Integration Options. The website builder comes with a rich choice of widgets and integrations that simplify the payment procedure, customer interaction, guest notification, property promotion etc. All these add-ons are integrated with a click.
- Niche Templates. eZee Panorama currently offers 13 templates, which are responsive, customizable and free for everyone. What’s interesting, the designs are divided into 2 categories: there are 9 themes for accommodation providers and 4 designs for restaurant owners. The collection is updated on a regular basis.
- Multilingual Support. Due to the integrated Google Translate plugin, the website builder makes it possible to create projects in different languages. This is a bonus for business owners, who aim at attracting guests from abroad.
Cost: eZee Panorama offers 3 types of plans that come up to the needs and requirements of diverse business types. If you are a property owner willing to offer accommodation services, you’ll be able to choose from two subscriptions, the cost of which constitutes $30 and $50 per month depending upon the number of rooms included. Restaurant owners can pick only one subscription, which costs $30 per month. Other features are pretty much the same in all the premium plans.
Little Hotelier – Guest House Website Builder
Little Hotelier – is a cloud-based guest house website builder, which positions itself as a quality reservation and accommodation management solution. The system allows starting websites for bed and breakfast spots, guest houses, small hotels and other related places that imply front desk and reservation operations. The platform lets you control your expenditures, resources and time to get the most out of your business. It’s high time to have a look at the most impressive features of the website builder now:
- Integrated Property Management System (PMS). Also known as Front Desk, the fully-integrated PMS automates your daily performance assignments so that you could spend more time impressing your guests. The system automatically updates your inventory tools, lets you easily create live and phone bookings, provides instant access to current online reservations for effective and easy management.
- Channel Manager. The website builder lets you connect multiple online channels for proper reservation management in the real-time mode. All in all, there are over 400 channels to choose from. These include Airbnb, Expedia, LateRooms, Booking.com, Tripadvisor, Facebook and many more. This lets you update your availability data and rates from the single centralised extranet.
- Direct Booking Technology. The system lets you add a direct booking engine to any website you manage. This is how you can take commission-free bookings, sell your rooms via your website and third-party websites, where your hotel is enlisted.
- Mobile App. Little Hotelier mobile app allows for hassle-free and quick online property management. By using the app, you will be able to receive instant updates with push notifications, check guests in and out with a few taps only, process payments, monitor room availability, create and edit reservations etc.
Cost: The website builder has a free trial that lets you test all the features it offers. The cost of premium plans depends upon the number of rooms you intend to manage. The cheapest solution constitutes $99/mo per 1-5 rooms.
Vacation Labs – Tour Operator Website Builder
Vacation Labs – is a tour operator website builder, which delivers extensive reservation and management options. The platform is a top solution for travels agencies/agents, excursion providers, activity operators, travel marketplaces. This is a comprehensive system used to manage travel websites, inventory tools/lists, agents and rates. Vacation Labs is travel-focused and, thus, it delivers a long list of niche-specific features. The most useful and powerful of them include:
- Integrated Booking Engine. It takes care of booking processing, accepting different currencies, creating feedback requests and reports, sending user notifications and confirmation emails etc.
- Channel Manager. The system comes with a Channel Manager specially designed with the needs of tour operators in mind. It lets you synchronize your inventory across numerous distribution channels, including the POS software and website. This is a surefire way to get the updated booking details from all the channels connected to your website in the automated mode directly in your backoffice.
- Third-Party Integrations. Vacation Labs lets you seamlessly connect with multiple tools, add-ons, widgets and payment processors to maximize your website performance. These include world-known marketplaces, popular payment providers, email marketing systems, SMS & Communication platforms, accounting software, analytics and marketing systems etc.
- Enquiry Management CRM. The integrated CRM enquiry system helps identify your business opportunities and manage leads to effectively convert them into sales. This fast customer service grants access to customized enquiry forms, individual enquiry itinerary, efficient sales funnel and personal quotation management solutions. These features contribute to proper and real-time control of your travel business.
Cost: Vacation Labs doesn’t have a completely free plan yet there is a free trial that lets you explore the integrated functionality of the system. Upon the end of the trial, you’ll be offered to pick a premium plan. The cost of these subscriptions starts at $12/mo and there are also one-time set up fees for each plan chosen.
SiteMinder – Guest Acquisition Platform
SiteMinder – is a popular online guest acquisition platform used for smart, simple yet effective reservation management. The system works best for independent hotels and hotel groups, which are interested in attracting new guests via the online reach search technology that can convert visitors into customers. With its advanced channel manager, powerful integration options, high end widgets and business management tools, the platform proves to be a helpful tool to help hotels acquire guests and generate profit. The list of SiteMinder highlights encompasses:
- TheBookingButton. The platform comes with a powerful and high converting web-based Hotel Booking Engine, which is also known as TheBookingButton. It helps hotel owners maximize their bookings directly from their hotel websites, eliminating the need to apply third-party sales channels. The feature is commission-free, which is also a bonus for the system users.
- Channel Manager. The system comes with a Channel Manager that lets you showcase your property and accommodation offers to travellers across the world. This helps boost your business booking potential, generating new clients. The system lets you synchronize with over 400 world-popular channels with regard to your website needs.
- Hotel App Store. SiteMinder grants access to its Hotel App Market with dozens of quality applications and widgets for efficient website management. The apps available in the collection fall into several categories. These include CRM and Marketing, Guest Messaging, Revenue Management, Contactless Experience, Keyless Entry, Review and Reputation, Room Control, Self Check-In, Upsell and more.
- Competitor and Market Insights. The system lets you check and control your competitors’ data to remain the leader of the local market. The data are provided in the real-time mode so that you could not overlook important updates.
- Global Distribution System. With SiteMinder, you get a chance to connect to the Global Distribution System. This lets you get unparalleled marketing and sales support along with channel manager connection to stay ahead of niche competitors.
Cost: SiteMinder doesn’t have a free version yet there is an opportunity to try its free trial option to test all the features the platform involves. The cost of premium plans starts at $56/mo and changes with regard to the services and features required.
IM Creator – Small Hotel Website Builder
IM Creator – is a modern free DIY small hotel website builder, which stands out from the crowd due to its ease of use, convenience, abundance of responsive niche templates, availability of stripes and simple customization of website sections. The platform also comes with powerful blogging and eCommerce engines that contribute to your hotel website performance. To decide on the system application, have a look at its major features now:
- Responsive Hotel Templates. The website builder has a separate collection of hotel templates, which are free, responsive and highly customizable. Their editing does not imply coding awareness, which is a notable bonus for non-techies.
- eCommerce Engine. The system comes with an integrated ShopRocket-powered eCommerce engine, which implies a simple one-click installation. This lets you offer accommodation and other payment-related services to clients.
- Integration of Third-Party Apps. With IM Creator, you can pick and integrate third-party applications for better hotel website performance. Thus, it is possible to add Facebook and Google Analytics here to be able to track your website statistics and other important business-related parameters.
Cost: IM Creator is absolutely free for non-commercial projects, artists, students. For those users, who plan to start business websites, the system offers 3 premium plans, the cost of which starts at $8/mo. There are also 3 types of White Label Licenses here. Their price starts at $350/year.
A website is a must-have for any client-focused hotel. It’s not easy to withstand niche competition in the modern world, where new hotels, inns and guest houses are founded worldwide on a regular basis. However, inexperienced hotel owners frequently face the same problem: lack of skills and knowledge to develop a DIY hotel website. This is where website builders are of great help.
These platforms ideally come up to the needs, skills, expectations, experience and budgets of hotel owners. They feature a great combination of functionality, niche-orientation, specialized approach to the web building process and effective result. Website builders generally come with responsive or mobile-ready templates, abundance of design customization tools, features and SEO optimization characteristics.
That being said, we can conclude that the choice of the right website builder that will be the ideal match for your hotel website creation is a challenge. The systems reviewed in the post differ in web design approach, pricing aspects and feature sets provided. However, there is one feature typical for all of them – ease of use and convenience for all users. That is why, it makes sense to test all of them to decide, which website builder works best for your hotel website.