The hotel business has expanded a lot throughout recent years, which is mainly explained by the growing competition in this niche. The number of hotel owners start thinking about the necessity to establish web presence for their businesses to win the attention of the target audience.
Whether you are managing a chain of luxurious full-service hotels, run a small B&B guest house or just think about starting the hotel business of your own, launching an impressive, full-featured and user-friendly website is a must.
As a hotel owner, you may be personally interested in building a website yourself. Anyway, who knows its highlights better than you do? At the same time, you may obviously be too busy managing your business 24/7 to learn programming languages to develop this project on your own. Hiring a web design agency or a freelancer may not be the best solution as it takes notable financial investments. Fortunately, a decent hotel website builder may become the only reasonable solution in this case.
Hotel Website Builders
Hotel websites created with website builders deliver great user experience without compromising with functionality. They provide a wide range of niche-specific features, elements and parameters, which can help you launch and then manage a full-featured hotel website.
Apart from informing customers about the main events, services, prices and extra information they might appreciate, a hotel website will become the top notch destination for clients, who are ready to make a reservation or get in touch with you for more details, but lack time to do that in person.
Are you ready to start working on your hotel website development on your own? Then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve prepared the comparison of the most popular website builders and their features. Take a look at it right away!
Wix – is the best hotel website builder that delivers a broad spectrum of features and has the integrated booking system to ensure the unsurpassed hotel website building experience. Apart from standard web design tools, the platform hosts a pack of hospitality-related elements that will bring your business to the next level. Unlike the prevailing amount of drag-and-drop website builders, Wix lets you reveal 100% of your rooms’ potential to the target audience in addition to its internal full-cycle reservation system. What’s important, it doesn’t require coding skills to effectively cope with website creation process. Have a look at the major features of the website builder:
- Hotel Templates. Wix allows choosing between dozens of high-quality, mobile-ready and fully-customizable templates. They are specially designed for the hotel business niche and subdivided into two categories to simplify users’ choice: templates for hotels and B&Bs and those for apartments and hostels. There is also an opportunity to choose a blank theme to design a unique website based on your individual preferences.
- Hotel Widgets. The system grants access to the collection of free and paid widgets, integration of which can notably boost your hotel website performance and visual appeal (Hotels and Airbnbs Map to provide the best spots to stay in your location, Wix Hotels to let your guests book rooms directly at the website, Vacation Rental Booking to find vacation rentals and hotels online etc.).
- Wix Bookings. This is the integrated booking system, which makes online scheduling easy, allows taking bookings 24/7, accepting secure payments and customizing your brand to successfully promote it. By using the feature, you can simplify business management process by keeping track of your schedule, adding staff members, managing clients etc.
- Wix Mobile App. According to Wix statistics, the use of the mobile app allows increasing the percentage of online bookings by 30%. By installing the app, you’ll be able to manage your business (keep track of your bookings, block time on the calendar, schedule business appointments and even create membership plans) as well as stay updated 24/7 (find out bookings statistics, accept and send messages in the real-time mode, get on-time reminders, chat with customers etc.).
- Client Interaction Tools. There is a rich choice of client interaction tools available in the Wix App Market. These are free and premium integrable widgets and add-ons, which have positive impact upon your communication with customers (Callback, Book Appointments Online, Wix Forms, 123 Form Builder, Inffuse Testimonials, Live Chat, Google Event Calendar, Events Calendar, Latest News, Scheduling Pro, Wix Chat, Contact Management +CRM, etc.).
- Room Search Bar. The system comes with an automatically updated feature that provides the most accurate information on room availability, including date, amenities, number of adults, kids, etc.
- Client Reviews. With Wix, you can integrate extensions and widgets to enable clients leave their comments and share their experience of staying in your hotel (Customer Reviews, Comments+, Social Testimonials, MyReviews, Comments, Yelp, Testimonial Builder, Voice Comments+ etc.)
- Integration with Tripadvisor. Wix lets its users book a room in a hotel right from the Trip Advisor’s website or mobile app.This eventually saves your time and effort.
Cost: For newbies, who are unfamiliar with the system and wish to test its features, Wix offers the unlimited free plan. However, it has certain restrictions, which trigger the necessity to upgrade to paid subscriptions, when it comes to website development process itself. What’s more, only premium plans make it possible to connect the domain name to your hotel website. Thus, you won’t go without selecting one of the paid subscriptions. The cheapest Wix plan costs $4.50/mo, while the most expensive one costs $24.50/mo.
uKit – is the cheapest website builder for small business hotel owners. The system impresses everyone by its exceptional ease-of-use and affordability, which does not compromise with excellent performance. It may work well for the development of a website for bed & breakfast hotel or a small guest house. Here are the major features of the website builder:
- Responsive Niche Templates. uKit offers dozens of free and paid templates. Although, there is no “Hotel” category here, you can choose from a selection of real-estate templates to further customize the selected design. All templates have Contact, Prices and Services sections. Just fill in necessary information and that’s it! Mind that all premium themes come with hover-effect to make your web pages more interactive and catchy.
- Widget Collection. With uKit, you can integrate multiple widgets into your hotel website. They contain specific content that comes up to your business requirements. These include Social Networking Buttons, Online Chat, Timeline, Timer, Service Calculator, User Comments and what not.
- Facebook Page Conversion. If you already have a Facebook page related to your B&B business, you can easily convert it into a website using uKit platform.
- Live Chat. The live chat feature will let you stay connected with your customers in the real-time mode. This is how you’ll be able to answer their questions and provide them with online assistance and support on time.
- Free SSL Certificate. As far as your hotel website users will make online reservations and bookings, it is a must to make them secure and protected from unauthorized access. With the SSL Certificate connection feature, you’ll be able to do that with a few clicks only and absolutely for free.
- CallBack Feature. The widget will be of great help to customers, who’ll have the desire to find out the details by leaving the call back request so that you could connect with them whenever it is convenient to you.
Cost: uKit stands out from the crowd due to its affordable pricing policy, irrespective of the fact that it doesn’t offer a completely free plan. To test the system, you can sign up for the 14-day free trial period. At the end of it, you’ll have to choose one of the paid plans to keep working on your website development and promotion. The cheapest uKit plan will cost you $4/mo, while the most expensive solution is worth $12/mo only.
WordPress – is the most popular Content Management System among users willing to start large-scale hotel businesses. Due to the abundance of design customization tools, extensive code editing and integration options, the service deserves to be called one of the best web building solutions ever. Let’s enlist its main highlights now:
- Hotel Templates. WordPress has an amazing collection of templates (including those for your hotel business). They are integrated and available on the web both for free and for certain cost.
- Client Interaction Plugins. Hotel business implies the necessity of cooperation and interaction with clients. WordPress simplifies this task, offering a variety of plugins. Some of them include Client Portal Plugin, Easy Social Share Buttons, WP Customer Area, WP Notification Bar Pro, Request Callback Plugin and more.
- Hotel Plugins. Apart from customer interaction plugins, the CMS also comes with a rich selection of plugins that are specially designed to be further integrated into hotel websites. You can pick AweBooking, Booki, Online Hotel Booking System plugin, WP Booking System, EasyReservations, Orioly Book Now and other related niche plugins based on your web design and industry needs.
Cost: WordPress is an absolutely free system. This means that you can download, install and use its major and integrated features at no cost at all. Mind that quality plugins and templates provided by the third-party developers are paid as well as hosting and domain name. Hosting cost generally depends upon the plan and the provider you will go for. Thus, Bluehost, which is the official WordPress hosting recommended by the system, offers several plans, the most affordable of which will cost only $2.95/mo.
Ucraft – is a popular cloud website builder, which ensures comparative ease of use and convenience for first-time hotel website developers. The system comes with a wide range of designer tools, quality responsive templates, affordable pricing policy, logo maker and landing page creator. Among the most notable features of the platform, it makes sense to mention the following:
- Responsive Templates. You won’t find specialized hotel templates at Ucraft, but the system offers a pretty nice selection of business and other popular themes. There is also an opportunity to start with a blank template to create your own unique design from scratch.
- Free Logo Maker. With Ucraft, you can create your own brand logo to further upload it to the hotel website you are working at. The feature is absolutely free for all users. This will add reputability to your business, helping it stand out among the niche competitors.
- Free Landing Page Creator. The website builder comes with a convenient free landing page creator, which makes it possible to design a landing page of your hotel to boost customer engagement rate and present your business information all in one place.
- External Integrations. If you have an intention to launch an appealing and functional website, then embedding external widgets, add-ons or extensions will certainly be a bonus. You can use the integrable apps for marketing, promotion and analytic needs. Most of them are well-known to modern web designers and include Jivosite, Disqus, Intercom, Zendesk Chat, LiveAgent, Facebook Messenger, Uservoice etc.
- Multilanguage Support. Your hotel may be a place of interest for international users, who come from abroad and wish to stay there for personal or business purposes. Due to the multilanguage support provided by Ucraft, you can create several versions of your hotel website for local and foreign visitors.
Cost: There is no absolutely free plan at Ucraft, but the 14-day trial is more than enough to understand all the advantages of the website builder. The only free option is landing page creator. To keep using the system, you should subscribe for one of its paid plans, the cost of which depends upon the services and terms provided. The most cost-effective solution will cost $8/mo, while the most expensive plan is $76/mo.
Bookmark – is the new generation website builder, which is powered by the advanced AI-technology. The system doesn’t require any coding skills or web design experience to develop top quality websites with it. The process is much simplified due to the AI tool that uses the submitted information to automatically generate a ready-made website filled with content. Here is the list of Bookmark features that contribute to its efficacy and popularity:
- AIDA Assistant. This is the most powerful highlight of the website builder, which can create a hotel website for you based on the information you provide about it. The feature is easy-to-use for everyone, including people, who have not been involved in website development before.
- Events Feature. This is the section, which provides customers with your hotel-related news, updates, events, plans and other important information they should be aware of to stay informed about the changes observed in your company.
- Focus Tool. The website builder provides a collection of pre-designed modules, integration of which allows for simple and effective website customization. Among the modules you can pick and add to your website, it makes sense to mention texts, feedback and contact forms, quotes, maps, links, social network buttons and more.
Cost: Bookmark offers a free plan for users willing to find out its major feature prior to upgrading to one of the paid plans. As soon as you decide to use the system for further web design needs, you’ll be offered to upgrade to the paid subscription. As of today, the system has two paid plans, the cost of which constitutes $11.99 and $24.99 per month granted that you get an annual subscription. In case you have any doubts or other reasons to make monthly payments, the cost of the plans will be higher – $15 and $30 per month correspondingly.
A website is a must-have for any client-focused hotel. It’s not easy to withstand niche competition in the modern world, where new hotels, inns and guest houses are founded worldwide on a regular basis. However, inexperienced hotel owners frequently face the same problem: lack of skills and knowledge to develop a DIY hotel website. This is where website builders are of great help.
These platforms ideally come up to the needs, skills, expectations, experience and budgets of hotel owners. They feature great combination of functionality, niche-orientation, specialized approach to the web building process and effective result. Website builders generally come with responsive or mobile-ready templates, abundance of design customization tools, features and SEO optimization characteristics.
TOP Hotel Website Builders:
Wix is the best hotel website builder, which comes with all-in-one feature set, drag-and-drop editor, mobile-optimized templates, intuitive dashboard and integrable customizable widgets. There is no need to learn the basics of coding as Wix provides step-by-step guidelines on how to cope with this task on your own.
uKit is the simplest and the most affordable drag-and-drop website builder, which aims at the development of small business projects. The system is extremely simple and intuitive for everyone as it was built with the needs and skills of non-techies in mind. uKit is known for its outstanding responsive template collection, customization tools, widgets and affordable pricing policy.
WordPress is the most well-known and the simplest Content Management System in the world, which is absolutely free. It has been around for years, offering intuitive and simple approach to the website design process. At the same time, the service requires at least basic programming skills to cope with plugin integration and template customization processes.
Ucraft is a user-friendly cloud-based website builder, which can adhere to the needs and web design preferences of different user categories. The system allows building functional and visually appealing websites by means of customizing responsive templates, using a set of designer tools, blogging and eCommerce options. The system also makes it possible to make use of free landing page creator, logo maker and multilingual support options.
Bookmark is a website builder, which stands out from the crowd due to its powerful AI-based technology. You don’t have to be a web design expert to build websites with the platform – it will complete the task for you in the automated mode by using the business info you’ll submit for this purpose. The website builder also comes with integrated eCommerce engine and affordable pricing policy.
That being said, we can conclude that the choice of the right website builder that will be the ideal match for your hotel website creation is a challenge. The systems reviewed in the post differ in web design approach, pricing aspects and feature sets provided.
However, there is one feature typical for all of them – ease of use and convenience for all users. That is why, it makes sense to test all of them to decide, which website builder works best for your hotel website.