The hotel business has expanded a lot throughout recent years, which is mainly explained by the growing competition in this niche. The number of hotel owners start thinking about the necessity to establish web presence for their businesses to win the attention of the target audience.
Whether you are managing a chain of luxurious full-service hotels, run a small B&B guest house or just think about starting the hotel business of your own, launching an impressive, full-featured and user-friendly website is a must.
As a hotel owner, you may be personally interested in building a website yourself. Anyway, who knows its highlights better than you do? At the same time, you may obviously be too busy managing your business 24/7 to learn programming languages to develop this project on your own. Hiring a web design agency or a freelancer may not be the best solution as it takes notable financial investments. Fortunately, a decent hotel website builder may become the only reasonable solution in this case.
We Tested Out 6 Of The Best Hotel Website Builders:
- Wix – The Best Hotel Website Builder with Booking System
- uKit – Easy-to-use Website Builder for Vacation Rentals
- WordPress – #1 CMS for Hotel Website Development
- Squarespace – B&B Website Builder with Reservation System
- SITE123 – FREE Website Builder to Create a Hotel Website
- Bookmark – AI-based Website Builder for Vacation Rentals
If you are right about to start working on your hotel website development on your own, using one of the above listed website builders will be a reasonable solution. Which of them, however, is the most preferable option that will come up to your web design requirements best? To simplify the choice, it makes sense to review and analyze each of the systems included into the list to help you make the unbiased decision. Have a look at the comparison of the most popular hotel website builders and their features right away!
Wix – The Best Hotel Website Builder with Booking System
Wix – is the best hotel website builder that delivers a broad spectrum of features and has the integrated booking system to ensure the unsurpassed hotel website building experience. Apart from standard web design tools, the platform hosts a pack of hospitality-related elements that will bring your business to the next level. Unlike the prevailing amount of drag-and-drop website builders, Wix lets you reveal 100% of your rooms’ potential to the target audience in addition to its internal full-cycle reservation system. What’s important, it doesn’t require coding skills to effectively cope with website creation process. Have a look at the major features of the website builder:
- Hotel Templates. Wix allows choosing between dozens of high-quality, mobile-ready and fully-customizable templates. They are specially designed for the hotel business niche and subdivided into two categories to simplify users’ choice: templates for hotels and B&Bs and those for apartments and hostels. There is also an opportunity to choose a blank theme to design a unique website based on your individual preferences.
- Hotel Widgets. The system grants access to the collection of free and paid widgets, integration of which can notably boost your hotel website performance and visual appeal (Hotels and Airbnbs Map to provide the best spots to stay in your location, Wix Hotels to let your guests book rooms directly at the website, Vacation Rental Booking to find vacation rentals and hotels online etc.).
- Wix Bookings. This is the integrated booking system, which makes online scheduling easy, allows taking bookings 24/7, accepting secure payments and customizing your brand to successfully promote it. By using the feature, you can simplify business management process by keeping track of your schedule, adding staff members, managing clients etc.
- Wix Mobile App. According to Wix statistics, the use of the mobile app allows increasing the percentage of online bookings by 30%. By installing the app, you’ll be able to manage your business (keep track of your bookings, block time on the calendar, schedule business appointments and even create membership plans) as well as stay updated 24/7 (find out bookings statistics, accept and send messages in the real-time mode, get on-time reminders, chat with customers etc.).
- Client Interaction Tools. There is a rich choice of client interaction tools available in the Wix App Market. These are free and premium integrable widgets and add-ons, which have positive impact upon your communication with customers (Callback, Book Appointments Online, Wix Forms, 123 Form Builder, Inffuse Testimonials, Live Chat, Google Event Calendar, Events Calendar, Latest News, Scheduling Pro, Wix Chat, Contact Management +CRM, etc.).
- Room Search Bar. The system comes with an automatically updated feature that provides the most accurate information on room availability, including date, amenities, number of adults, kids, etc.
- Client Reviews. With Wix, you can integrate extensions and widgets to enable clients leave their comments and share their experience of staying in your hotel (Customer Reviews, Comments+, Social Testimonials, MyReviews, Comments, Yelp, Testimonial Builder, Voice Comments+ etc.)
- Integration with Tripadvisor. Wix lets its users book a room in a hotel right from the Trip Advisor’s website or mobile app.This eventually saves your time and effort.
Cost: For newbies, who are unfamiliar with the system and wish to test its features, Wix offers the unlimited free plan. However, it has certain restrictions, which trigger the necessity to upgrade to paid subscriptions, when it comes to the website development process itself. What’s more, only premium plans make it possible to connect the domain name to your hotel website. Currently, Wix has two types of paid subscriptions, namely Standard and eCommerce/Business. Each of these groups of plans, in its turn, also comes with several plan types that match specific requirements and web design skills. The cheapest Standard plan will cost you $13/mo, while the most affordable Business subscription starts with $23/mo.
uKit – Easy-to-Use Website Builder for Vacation Rentals
uKit – is the cheapest website builder for small business hotel owners and vacation rentals. The system impresses everyone by its exceptional ease-of-use and affordability, which does not compromise with excellent performance. It may work well for the development of a website for bed & breakfast hotel or a small guest house. Here are the major features of the website builder:
- Responsive Niche Templates. uKit offers dozens of free and paid templates. Although, there is no “Hotel” category here, you can choose from a selection of real-estate templates to further customize the selected design. All templates have Contact, Prices and Services sections. Just fill in necessary information and that’s it! Mind that all premium themes come with hover-effect to make your web pages more interactive and catchy.
- Widget Collection. With uKit, you can integrate multiple widgets into your hotel website. They contain specific content that comes up to your business requirements. These include Social Networking Buttons, Online Chat, Timeline, Timer, Service Calculator, User Comments and what not.
- Facebook Page Conversion. If you already have a Facebook page related to your B&B business, you can easily convert it into a website using uKit platform.
- FLive Chat. The live chat feature will let you stay connected with your customers in the real-time mode. This is how you’ll be able to answer their questions and provide them with online assistance and support on time.
- Free SSL Certificate. As far as your hotel website users will make online reservations and bookings, it is a must to make them secure and protected from unauthorized access. With the SSL Certificate connection feature, you’ll be able to do that with a few clicks only and absolutely for free.
- CallBack Feature. The widget will be of great help to customers, who’ll have the desire to find out the details by leaving the call back request so that you could connect with them whenever it is convenient to you.
Cost: uKit stands out from the crowd due to its affordable pricing policy, irrespective of the fact that it doesn’t offer a completely free plan. To test the system, you can sign up for the 14-day free trial period. At the end of it, you’ll have to choose one of the paid plans to keep working on your website development and promotion. The cheapest uKit plan will cost you $4/mo, while the most expensive solution is worth $12/mo only.
WordPress – #1 CMS for Hotel Website Development
WordPress – is the most popular Content Management System among users willing to start large-scale hotel businesses. Due to the abundance of design customization tools, extensive code editing and integration options, the service deserves to be called one of the best web building solutions ever. Let’s enlist its main highlights now:
- Hotel Templates. WordPress has an amazing collection of templates (including those for your hotel business). They are integrated and available on the web both for free and for certain cost.
- Client Interaction Plugins. Hotel business implies the necessity of cooperation and interaction with clients. WordPress simplifies this task, offering a variety of plugins. Some of them include Client Portal Plugin, Easy Social Share Buttons, WP Customer Area, WP Notification Bar Pro, Request Callback Plugin and more.
- Hotel Plugins. Apart from customer interaction plugins, the CMS also comes with a rich selection of plugins that are specially designed to be further integrated into hotel websites. You can pick AweBooking, Booki, Online Hotel Booking System plugin, WP Booking System, EasyReservations, Orioly Book Now and other related niche plugins based on your web design and industry needs.
Cost: WordPress is an absolutely free system. This means that you can download, install and use its major and integrated features at no cost at all. Mind that quality plugins and templates provided by the third-party developers are paid as well as hosting and domain name. Hosting cost generally depends upon the plan and the provider you will go for. Thus, Bluehost, which is the official WordPress hosting recommended by the system, offers several plans, the most affordable of which will cost only $2.95/mo.
Squarespace – B&B Website Builder with Reservation System
Squarespace – is a popular DIY website builder, which can be effectively used for the development of B&B hotel websites with integrated reservation functionality. The system covers a broad spectrum of features and tools that work great for hotel project creation. It’s also worth mentioning that Squarespace is not the easiest platform for beginners yet it’s quite possible to master it, irrespective of your web design background and skills. Have a look at the major feature set of the website builder now:
- Responsive Hotel Designs. The website builder comes with a set of responsive customizable designs you can use to start and manage hotel websites. A convenient drag-and-drop editor lets you choose and arrange the required website elements to fit your hotel project most of all. All Squarespace templates are professional, making it possible to start a quality hotel website from scratch.
- eCommerce Platform. Squarespace features quite a powerful integrated eCommerce engine, which allows creating functional hotel websites with reservation and checkout systems. The website builder ensures secure SSL Certificate connection option, integrated shopping cart functionality, product display and show window creation features, video embedding option, detailed product descriptions, pricing/shipping solutions as well as versatile loyalty programs for regular users. These features make it possible to give your hotel website eCommerce focus.
- Powerful Marketing. To let your hotel visitors find out recent business-related news, updates and events, Squarespace makes it possible to share the required info in social networks, namely Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. Integrated SEO, in its turn contributes to the effective hotel website promotion in the search engines, thus, letting you withstand niche competition. Additionally, you can check the regularly-updated real-time website analytics (such as Squarespace Metrics App, Google Analytics etc.) to find out more about your hotel, reservations and clients. What’s more, you can make use of email marketing campaigns, content import/export and other handy features.
- Integration Features. With Squarespace, you can choose from multiple add-ons and widgets that can add extra performance to your hotel website. These include specific eCommerce tools for hotel projects, social media buttons, widgets for image/video galleries, contact forms and many more.
- Reservation System. The website builder comes with the integrated reservation system, which allows making online room bookings and hotel reservations in advance. This is done with a few clicks directly from your hotel website dashboard – all within the same interface for your special convenience.
- Logo Maker. Squarespace is proud of its integrated Logo Maker, which lets you create or customize your hotel website logo, if you don’t have the one yet or if you wish to edit your website logo design a bit. It’s also possible to add several contributors to your website development team, if you think about shared project design and its further management.
Cost: When it comes to the pricing aspect, Squarespace doesn’t offer any free subscriptions yet it makes it possible to test the system’s functionality during the 14-day trial, which is absolutely free for everyone. The cheapest paid subscription starts with $12/mo, offering the extensive feature set required to successfully start and update your hotel website.
SITE123 – FREE Website Builder to Create a Hotel Website
SITE123 – is a free website builder to create a hotel website and this is also one of the simplest systems used for this purpose. The service makes it possible to create feature-laden projects that are easy-to-browse and feature intuitive navigation understandable to each and every visitor. The integrated drag-and-drop editor allows for quick and easy website customization, which eventually results in the development of visually-appealing and functional hotel websites. The list of SITE123 highlights is available below:
- Logo Maker. The website builder grants access to the integrated Logo Maker tool, which makes it possible to boost your hotel website popularity and brand recognition. The platform offers a set of integrated design elements you can use to create your hotel website logo. There is also an opportunity to upload and customize the existing logo to make it unique and personalized.
- Multilingual Support. The platform offers multilingual support, due to which you can create the required number of website language versions depending upon your business needs. This will make your hotel website accessible for the target audience, which come from abroad as well as for international partners/visitors.
- App Market. The system grants access to the variety of functional apps, add-ons and widgets, which will notably boost your hotel website performance. Some of the most popular apps of this type include Booking widgets that work great for hotel projects, Forms, Galleries, Live Chat Support, Analytic Tools, Social widgets and many more.
- Online Form Builder. There is an opportunity to create and integrate different types of online forms into your hotel website either form communication or functional purposes. These include callback forms, registration forms, online inquiry forms, questionnaires, polls and other form types. SITE123 Form Builder is absolutely free, offering access to the extensive variety of custom form layouts you can use and customize with regard to your hotel website development needs.
- Social Media Options. SITE123 lets its subscribers integrate social media files into their hotel websites. The system makes it possible to boost your project popularity and performance by sharing your business news, updates, plans, scheduled events and other hotel-related info in social networks.
Cost: SITE123 is both a simple and affordable hotel website builder. There is a free plan you can use for the unlimited period of time, but there is also a chance to upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions the system has to offer. The cost of the cheapest SITE123 plan constitutes $10.80/mo, covering a broad range of website development needs.
Bookmark – AI-Based Website Builder for Vacation Rentals
Bookmark – is the new generation website builder for vacation rentals, which is powered by the advanced AI-technology. The system doesn’t require any coding skills or web design experience to develop top quality websites with it. The process is much simplified due to the AI tool that uses the submitted information to automatically generate a ready-made website filled with content. Here is the list of Bookmark features that contribute to its efficacy and popularity:
- AIDA Assistant. This is the most powerful highlight of the website builder, which can create a hotel website for you based on the information you provide about it. The feature is easy-to-use for everyone, including people, who have not been involved in website development before.
- Events Feature. This is the section, which provides customers with your hotel-related news, updates, events, plans and other important information they should be aware of to stay informed about the changes observed in your company.
- Focus Tool. The website builder provides a collection of pre-designed modules, integration of which allows for simple and effective website customization. Among the modules you can pick and add to your website, it makes sense to mention texts, feedback and contact forms, quotes, maps, links, social network buttons and more.
Cost: Bookmark offers a free plan for users willing to find out its major feature prior to upgrading to one of the paid plans. As soon as you decide to use the system for further web design needs, you’ll be offered to upgrade to the paid subscription. As of today, the system has two paid plans, the cost of which constitutes $11.99 and $24.99 per month granted that you get an annual subscription. In case you have any doubts or other reasons to make monthly payments, the cost of the plans will be higher – $15 and $30 per month correspondingly.
A website is a must-have for any client-focused hotel. It’s not easy to withstand niche competition in the modern world, where new hotels, inns and guest houses are founded worldwide on a regular basis. However, inexperienced hotel owners frequently face the same problem: lack of skills and knowledge to develop a DIY hotel website. This is where website builders are of great help.
These platforms ideally come up to the needs, skills, expectations, experience and budgets of hotel owners. They feature a great combination of functionality, niche-orientation, specialized approach to the web building process and effective result. Website builders generally come with responsive or mobile-ready templates, abundance of design customization tools, features and SEO optimization characteristics.
That being said, we can conclude that the choice of the right website builder that will be the ideal match for your hotel website creation is a challenge. The systems reviewed in the post differ in web design approach, pricing aspects and feature sets provided. However, there is one feature typical for all of them – ease of use and convenience for all users. That is why, it makes sense to test all of them to decide, which website builder works best for your hotel website.