HostPapa – is number one hosting in North America. More than 500,000 websites are currently hosted by the platform. Customers can benefit from a wide range of features and services delivered by a team of experts in various niches ranging from hosting setup and website building to domain registration and marketing.
Unlike many other hosting providers, HostPapa is a full-cycle company that actually lets you build, maintain, and promote your business from the ground. Users may choose from different server solutions featuring good performance, advanced security means, hosting for WP-based websites, and online stores. We should also mention comprehensive support, ease of use, and a bunch of free tools delivered with each hosting package.
1. Pros and Cons
HostPapa may fit various online projects ranging from small business and content-based sites to more complicated eCommerce projects. It offers affordable plans, unmetered bandwidth with each package despite the price or level, and the starter plan for two websites instead of one, as most hosting providers do.
In addition, it is compatible with all major CMS platforms and delivers a separate WP-optimized hosting in addition to its online store server package.
Despite some slight downsides, HostPapa is still one of the best offers on the market.
- Free Domain – each user gets a free domain with every hosting plan. Either you need an entry package with minimum assets or max resources to power your digital store, the system provides everyone with a free domain.
- Two Websites from the Start – unlike the majority of other hosting providers that offer a basic plan for a single website, HostPapa comes with a better starter offer that is available for two websites right from the start.
- Good Uptime – although many companies strive to ensure 100% of uptime for their customers, it sounds unrealistic. However, HostPapa is very close to that with the average uptime rate of 99.9%.
- Round-the-Clock Support – users may contact the support team 24/7 or access an extensive knowledge base featuring multiple guides and video tutorials.
- Additional Features – HostPapa is a full-cycle platform that offers additional services such as custom website builder, online store setup and integration, free website migration, marketing packages for business and individuals, etc.
At the same time, users might not like the absence of the dedicated server solution as well as some other small downsides.
- Page Load Speed could be better – the latest researches depict the page load speed of 759ms. Despite the fact, some platforms offer higher speed, HostPapa is still to beat the industry standard, which is currently 890ms.
- Expensive Plan Renewal – if you like the hosting and eager to keep using it, you might dislike the renewal price. It may be twice higher if compared to the initial price tag.
- Automated Website Backups – the feature is available only for Business Pro plan users.
HostPapa is a good hosting solution despite some small drawbacks. No one is perfect after all, while the platform delivers solid compensating in the face of additional services and features. Let’s have a closer look at what it offers.
2. Hosting Features
The hosting provider makes everything possible to ensure a safe and stable website operation. In addition, users may count on some extra perks in the face of business marketing tools, instruments to create your own site in minutes, register a free domain, etc.
- Free Domain for Everyone – every HostPapa user has an opportunity to register a domain and use it within a chosen hosting plan free for 1 year. Moreover, the platform features its custom domain registration service with no need to switch between different websites.
- Custom Website Builder – make the most of an easy-to-use website builder designed for newbies. It does not require coding or programming skills. Benefit from intuitive drag-and-drop editor to create and deploy sites from the ground.
- Intuitive cPanel – the hosting itself is very easy to use mainly thanks to an intuitive control panel. Users will be able to manage each of the available services from a single HostPapa Dashboard.
- Email Business Solutions – run and manage your online business with essential tools provided. Users may get a G Suite package that includes a Gmail corporate account, a bunch of office collaboration tools, and 30GB of storage.
- Unlimited Bandwidth – each plan offers unlimited disk space either you opt for the cheapest entry plan or an advanced package with expanded hosting resources.
- Free Domain Transfer and Site Migration – HostPapa team will help you to transfer an already existing domain or website to the platform. The domain transfer is free as well as the website migration that is handled with no project downtime.
- Green Hosting – HostPapa is one of the first-ever hosting providers to declare itself as a green server solution. It means they take care of the environment and the world we live in. To power sites, it uses renewable sources as well as makes the most of the wind and solar energy.
- Online Store Hosting – the system has a separate eCommerce hosting solution for users who only plan to create a digital store and those who already have a ready-made eCommerce project. The package consists of free site migration, unlimited products to sell, store setup and configuration assistance, consultations, and free SSL encryption.
- WP-Optimized Hosting – are you a dedicated WordPress fan? HostPapa delivers its WP-optimized hosting solution featuring preinstalled CMS, built-in plugins and security features, seamless website integration, automatic WordPress updates, and more.
As a result, we have an ultimate hosting provider with all necessary features in addition to advanced services for those who look for not only hosting but a full-cycle web solution for project development, promotion, support, and maintenance.
As we have mentioned earlier, even the most advanced technologies will never let you benefit from 100% uptime. However, some hosting providers are very close to that rate. And HostPapa is one of them. The latest tests and researches depict 100% of uptime over the last several months. If you detect lower uptime during the first 30 days of using the hosting, you may claim to get a full refund.
Each plan comes with Cloudflare CDN functionality. It ensures a better global outreach despite your visitors’ location. HostPapa uses SSD drivers that are faster if compared to HDD. Also a built-in caching system ensures faster page load speed that is currently around 759 ms. The result is better if compared to the industry standards. Cachewall is used for extra website protection.
It also helps to optimize the project and improve the time of the website response. The overall performance is good while the HostPapa team constantly works on its development.
Some security features depend on the hosting plan and server solution you choose. For example, automatic website backups are available only in the Business Pro plan. We think the feature is worth paying that money as the system creates a list of several restoration points while data is stored in separate locations to prevent it from total downfall.
Those who opt for shared hosting will appreciate Panda Cloud anti-spam system that is integrated with each plan and is already included in the price. The baseline security means include server firewall, malware and virus detection, digital threat monitoring and termination. Some of the plans come with domain privacy and a dedicated IP address while all packages deliver free SSL encryption.
5. Customer Support
HostPapa establishes a comprehensive approach to what we call customer support. Apart from several ways to instant contacting that include phone, live chat, and a ticketing system, users may count on assistance delivered through:
- Video Tutorials and Guides – they cover all major issues. You will learn how to get started with hosting or website builder.
- Knowledgebase – it contains tons of articles that are divided into relevant categories. They are dedicated to Hosting, Domains, Emails, etc.
- Local Experts – HostPapa has a team of specialists who may do the setup, complete the website migration, fine-tune the online store or even build the site from scratch for you. All you need is to send the request via the Do-It-For-Me section.
All of the above-mentioned features are available for all users despite the subscription plan.
6. Pricing Policy
Here we are at the pricing section. Let’s find out how much HostPapa costs and what server solutions it delivers. We will start with the standard web hosting that is available in three major plans:
- Starter costs $3.95 for two websites and unlimited bandwidth.
- Business costs $3.95 for unlimited websites and unmetered SSD storage.
- Business Pro costs $12.95 all unlimited features and security enhancements.
- You should check the renewal plan price as it maybe twice higher. WP-optimized hosting plans are the same in terms of pricing. VPS hosting will cost you from $19.99 to $299.49 for those who need exceptional performance and assets.
- eCommerce server solutions are represented in 4 different places that start at $19.99 for the entry plan and $139.99 for the Diamond plan with unlimited products API calls, sales on Amazon and eBay, analytics, and more.
HostPapa is a powerful and easy-to-use hosting. Customers will benefit a beginner-friendly system to run, manage, and support their live web projects. It is compatible with all major CMS platforms including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and others. HostPapa delivers green server solutions that are safe for the environment and the world we live in.
Each plan comes with a bunch of great features while the customer support team not just helps to resolve some issues but handles some of the processes for you. Great performance, advanced security means, affordable prices, and multiple hosting packages – this s what makes HostPapa worth paying attention.