It goes without saying that building a fashion website may be quite a challenging task for a person, who has never been involved in web design before and has little or no knowledge about the way the process should be done. If you really have an intention to launch a beauty/fashion website, it makes sense to try using website builders with this purpose.
These systems are initially created with the needs and proficiency of non-techies in mind, but they also have much to offer to professionals. Are you interested to find out more about this option? Then keep reading the review to discover the advantages of the most popular contemporary website builders.
We Tested Out 7 Of The Best Salon Website Builders:
- Wix – The Best Website Builder for Beauty Salons
- uKit – The Cheapest Small Business Website Builder
- WordPress – CMS for Fashion or Beauty Industry Blog
- Weebly – Tanning Salon Website Builder
- Bookmark – Hairdressers Website Builder
- SITE123 – Free Website Builder for Online Portfolio
- Ucraft – Hair Salon Website Builder
It’s high time to review and compare the major features of website builders listed above. Hopefully, this will help you make the right choice to start a feature-laden fashion/beauty website.
Wix – The Best Website Builder for Beauty Salons
Wix – is a high-end website builder, the feature set of which makes it possible to start and then manage a quality fashion/beauty salon website. The system encompasses ease-of-use, convenience, multiple pricing options, worthy performance and intuitive web design approach. There is no need to fight with complex coding nuances and learn the intricacies of the system. What you need is to sign up for the platform, pick a theme and start working on your project, following simple and understandable guidelines and tips it generates. That’s super easy, indeed. Here is a list of features that make the system a renowned niche leader:
- Fashion & Style Website Templates – The platform grants access to a splendid collection of mobile-ready niche-focused fashion & style templates. There are several samples to choose from. Whether you plan to start a model agency, an apparel brand, a model book, a designer pop-up store, a fashion designer boutique or any other fashion-related project, you will certainly find a theme to come up to your needs in this collection.
- Wix Fashion Widgets and Add-Ons – Wix App Market grants access to a great collection of free and paid widgets that will add functionality to your project. Some of the most popular add-ons you can pick and integrate into your project include Customer Reviews, Events Calendar, Tidio Live Chat, Before and After Slider, 123FormBuilder, Wix Pro Gallery, Scheduling Pro, Countdown Timer and other widgets that make communication between you and users more effective and engaging.
- eCommerce Engine – Wix comes with an integrated eCommerce engine, which makes it possible to connect a web store to your fashion website and start selling your products/services online.
- Wix ADI – The Artificial Design Intelligence tool allows users with diverse web design skills and experience rate (and even without them) create professional websites in a hassle-free and quick way. This is done by submitting your fashion business-related information that will further be used by the system, which will automatically design a website for you.
- Blogging and Forum – The website builder lets you connect a blog or a forum page to your fashion website to gain several benefits at a time. Thus, you can communicate with users, initiate and hold discussions, post fashion-related articles, reviews, integrate video and image galleries, enable commenting option etc. These actions eventually help boost your website performance and build customer trust.
Wix is a website builder you should go for, if you have an intention to start a fashion website. The system offers flexible terms and pricing options to come up to your special needs and requirements. You can start exploring the service with a free plan to further upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions. Wix currently offers plans for standard and business/eCommerce websites. They cost ranges from $13 to $500 per month depending upon the plan and terms you are interested in. Additionally, the website builder regularly offers discounts, bonuses and special offers that let you save big, especially when you just start using the platform.
uKit – The Cheapest Small Business Website Builder
uKit – is a popular website builder, which has distinguished itself as a simple and affordable platform used to build small business projects. Launching a fashion/beauty website with the system won’t take it long as well due to the abundance of features and design customization options it offers to first-timers and web design pros. uKit comes with intuitive dashboard, multiple niche-specific features and tools, cost-effective plans and simple navigation. Have a look at some of its distinctive features now:
- Responsive Fashion Templates – uKit has separate collections of responsive fashion-related templates. These include Fashion Model themes and Clothing & Shoes designs. Whether you wish to start a clothing store, a designer boutique, a supermodel website, a fashion or kids’ clothing store, you will definitely find a template for customization here. The choice is really spectacular and versatile.
- Widget Collection – uKit widgets ensure a perfect way to give your fashion website outstanding functionality. Among the widgets you can use for your project, it makes sense to mention Comments, LiveChat, uCalc Online Calculator, Social Networks, Slideshare, Timeline and Steps, Video, SendPulse, Google Maps, PRO Tables widget etc.
- Extensive Gallery Creation Options – uKit allows creating stunning video and photo galleries due to the broad range of image / video integration and editing options. The system makes it possible to crop photos, delete watermarks, add video links from popular video hosting servers and channels, adjust video display parameters, set up background videos etc. For greater convenience, you can activate/deactivate these and other features when needed without any code/script integration involved.
- eCommerce Options – With uKit, you are able to create and connect web stores to your fashion website. The website builder allows doing that in one of two ways – either by means of Ecwid plugin integration or by connecting its built-in eCommerce widget. The choice depends upon your web store building needs, time and skills you have yo customize the online store.
uKit comes with reasonable pricing policy that is affordable for everyone. The system has a 14-day free trial allowing to test its feature set and several subscriptions. The cost of the paid plans starts with $4/mo only to reach $12/mo granted that you make annual payments. The system also grants free SSL Certificate connection feature for the advanced website security set up.
WordPress – CMS for Fashion or Beauty Industry Blog
WordPress – is the world renowned Content Management System, which can be applied to complete multiple tasks. You can create a feature-laden fashion or beauty industry blog with the system as it was initially launched as a blogging platform. However, you will require coding skills, knowledge and experience to work with it. The platform is complicated as compared to standard website builders, but it often provides a more extensive feature set that lets you hand;e the most intricate tasks. Let’s quickly review the most distinctive features of the CMS:
- Fashion/Beauty Templates – There are hundreds of high quality WordPress templates that are specially designed for the development of fashion and beauty industry blogs. The system comes with a collection of built-in themes, but you can access much more free and paid designs on the web for further customization.
- Integrable Fashion Plugins – WordPress stands out from the crowd due to its extensive selection of integrable plugins. Just take your time to browse the web to pick those that will be a perfect addition to your fashion website. Here are some of the most remarkable and useful samples: Fetch, Witlee for WP, Chicmi Fashion Calendar, DressLikeMe, Paletly’s Shop Similar, Revendless, Stylinity Widget, Seentient Related Products Widget, TinyPNG, Social Warfare and many more.
- Extensive Customization Options – WordPress allows for extensive design customization options via code editing. You can pick the template or plugins you would like to integrate into your fashion website and use your PHP/HTML/CSS knowledge to launch a truly one-of-a-kind project.
WordPress is a free system, which concerns its download, installation and basic feature set. However, if you decide to add extra functionality to the project, get ready to invest into paid plugins, templates and hosting. The latter is required to publish a ready-made website and make it accessible for everyone on the web any time of the day.
Weebly – Tanning Salon Website Builder
Weebly – is a DIY website builder, which was initially known as a blogging system, but has later extended its functionality to be now used as a professional eCommerce/business web building platform. If you have an intention to launch a tanning salon website or any other kind of fashion project, doing that with Weebly will be super easy and convenient. Here are the top features that contribute to the popularity of the system:
- Blogging Engine – As far as the initial specialization of the service went down to blog development, it still remains the leader in the blogging niche. Thus, you can create and add a blog to your tanning salon website, updating its with business-related information, useful and engaging posts, recent news and schedules events.
- Integrated Video Hosting – Weebly comes with an integrated video hosting, which lets you upload video presentations of your salon directly to the system’s hosting from your computer or from YouTube. This is a nice solution for your salon promotion.
- Advanced Image Editor – Along with video uploading, Weebly allows creating versatile and rich image galleries, uploading multiple photos to showcase your tanning salon performance. The Editor includes such features as photo rotating, cropping, image adjusting, text addition as well as around 29 filters for appealing image presentation.
- App Center – The platform has an integrated App Center, which grants access to multiple free and paid widgets and add-ons you can add to your tanning salon website for maximum performance (Q&A or FAQ widget, Nivo Slider widget, CSS Image hovering effects widget, custom image gallery widget, Live Chat widget, simple social sharing icons widget, call-out-box widget, image sharing widget, call-to-action widget, communication and SEO widgets to mention a few).
- Weebly Promote Tool – the tools lets you effectively promote your website due to the high end email marketing options. It automatically generates messages for users and lets you track newsletter statistics. The service encompasses a set of pre-designed templates to create different types of emails for tanning salon promotion.
Weebly pricing policy is quite moderate, although it’s a bit higher as compared to website builders reviewed above. The system has separate plans for ordinary and eCommerce sites. There is a free version you can use to improve your skills and test the feature set of the service. To get access to advanced features, you’ll have to subscribe for higher plans. Their cost starts with $4/mo and reaches $38/mo with the annual subscription.
Bookmark – Hairdressers Website Builder
Bookmark – is a powerful website builder, the real highlight of which is the integrated advanced AI tool. The platform allows creating innovative and feature-laden projects, including those for users, who are real experts in the fashion industry. You can use the system to launch hairdressers websites that differ in functionality, complexity and design. These are the basic features that contribute to Bookmark’s performance:
- AIDA Assistant – This is the first and foremost advantage of the website builder. The Artificial Intelligence Design Assistant guides you through all the stages of the website creation process and helps you automatically launch a hairdressers project based on the info you will submit upon its request. This is easy, fast and effective, especially for beginners.
- Module Structure – The platform uses multiple content modules to develop website structure. These modules resemble widgets and you can pick those that correspond to your website specialization.
- Video Backgrounds – The website builder allows setting up unique video backgrounds to tell the brand story of your hairdressers business. It’s possible wither to pick one of the free videos available in the system’s collection or upload the one of your own.
- Free Videos and Images – The Bookmark website builder offers access to the My Drive section with multiple videos and images divided into thematic categories. You can pick and use any of these elements for free or upload your own videos and photos that effectively present your hairdressers business, if required. Reach the Photo Editor section the system contains to modify the images you’ve selected so that they would fit into your website layout and design.
- Social Media Buttons – With Bookmark, you can integrate the major social media buttons into your hairdressers website to build the online community or just share your business content. This also contributes to your business promotion.
Bookmark is a top notch website builder, which stands out from the crowd due to its strong AI support. The system has a free plan for basic use and two paid subscriptions that cost $11.99 and $24.99 per month correspondingly when billed annually.
SITE123 – Free Website Builder for Online Portfolio
SITE123 – is a free website builder for online portfolio development and management. The system is easy-to-use as it offers intuitive web building approach, abundance of responsive designs and simple customization tools to help you get a quality project that fits your fashion business. SITE123 comes with a convenient drag-and-drop editor, understandable dashboard and special features that contribute to simple and hassle-free web building process. Some of the most impressive highlights of the website builder are as follows:
- Responsive Fashion Templates – The platform grants access to a pretty rich collection of responsive designs, all of which are free. While looking through the set of templates, you will come across those themes, which fit your fashion industry requirements and, thus, can be used to start full-featured projects without any coding awareness. If you don’t like any of the available templates, go ahead to choose a blank theme and customize it from scratch.
- Logo Maker – Having a logo to represent your fashion business is a huge advantage that can help you withstand niche competition. With SITE123, you can use the benefits offered by the integrated Logo Maker to design your own website logo or to customize the one you already have.
- Multilingual Support – The website builders features distinctive multilingual support that allows creating a fashion website in several language versions. That’s pretty convenient as the feature eliminates the necessity to start and then manage separate versions of your project in the languages of your choice.
- Social Media Integrations – SITE123 grants an opportunity to popularize your ready made fashion website in the social networks. It lets you update your business-related information in the most popular social accounts to make everyone aware of recent industry news, updates, events, scheduled plans and other related data.
- App Market – The website builder has an extensive integrated marketplace with lots of applications, widgets, extensions and add-ons that may notably boost your website performance and design. Among the apps you can pick for your project, the following ones enjoy the utmost popularity: Galleries, Analytic Tools, Online Form Builder, Live Chat, Social Widgets and many more.
- Online Form Builder – SITE123 has another distinctive advantage – integrated Form Builder. It lets you interact with clients by means of adding online forms to your project. You can choose from several ready-made layouts to integrate different types of online forms, including newsletters, feedback forms, contacts forms, polls and many more. There is also access to the set of design customization tools and elements that help give your online form the required design.
SITE123 is one of the cheapest website builders you can find in the modern web design niche. It offers an absolutely free plan that lets everyone test the system’s feature set for the unlimited period of time. This opportunity, however, has a number of functionality restrictions that don’t let you get the most out of your fashion website development process. To get access to the full set of SITE123 features, the system offers several plans to choose from. The most affordable subscription will cost you $10.80 per month.
Ucraft – Hair Salon Website Builder
Ucraft – is a contemporary drag-and-drop website builder, which stands out from the crowd due to its responsive templates, advanced functionality, high-end designer tools, multilanguage support and reasonable pricing policy. The system can be easily used to build fashion and hair salon websites, being a perfect tool for beginners and professionals. Here is the top list of Ucraft features most users appreciate:
- Responsive Templates – Ucraft template collection includes over 80 high quality customizable themes for personal and business projects, which are responsive by default. Even though, there is no separate template section for fashion or hair salon projects, it is possible to pick any themes from the business section or use a completely blank template to customize it from scratch.
- Logo Maker – The website builder allows creating a logo for your hair salon website (if you don’t have the one, of course) and upload it to the website to boost your brand reputation and make it recognizable.
- Designer Tools – The system has a set of advanced Designer Tools comprised of Typography, UIKit and Layout, smart application of which helps create personalized design for your hair salon-fashion website.
- Multilingual Support – Launching a multilingual hair salon website may be a good idea, if you wish to drive the attention both of local clients and those from abroad. With Ucraft, you’ll cope with the task in no time, being completely satisfied with the result.
- Landing Page Creator – If your objective goes down exclusively to client attraction and popularization of your services, then go ahead to launch a landing page for your hair salon website with Ucraft. The system allows doing that at no cost at all, ensuring worthy result.
Ucraft has a completely free plan that comes with restrictions yet allows testing the basic feature set of the system. There are also several paid subscriptions, which offers different terms based on the web design needs of users. The cost of paid plans starts with $10/mo and goes up to $39/mo. The good news is that each plan also comes with a free trial that lasts for 14 days and lets you test the system’s functionality to the advantage before deciding upon its further use.
Must-Have Features of a Fashion Website
- Easy and Convenient Navigation. It’s crucial to realize that most fashion website owners are people, who don’t have any relation to the web design niche, but still wish to get the most out of their web building experience. Users, in their turn, don’t have to learn all the basics of the web building process, but expect a decent result.
- Thus, a fashion website should be easy to use and convenient for everyone. It’s essential not only to present your business in the most favorable light, but to make it easy for your visitors to access all the pages in a hassle-free and quick way.
- “About Us” Page. The “About Us” page is one of the first website pages users access when visiting it for the first time. This is the page, which presents important information about your business, its goals, characteristics and distinctive features. Don’t bother to make the “About Us” section too long. Instead, make it informative and close to the point.
- Services List. The best way to provide your clients with detailed info about your business and encourage them to visit your fashion or beauty salon is to provide the detailed services list with informative description of each service offered. If possible, create a separate page for this purpose. It also makes sense to add a price list so that your customers should be aware of your pricing policy to make their choice. If there is the need to add a photo gallery of your fashion salon, just do it! Quality photos always contribute to website appeal and performance and are valued by most users.
- Comments. A “Comments” section is another indispensable part of any fashion website. Your potential users will certainly appreciate an opportunity to look through the comments of those people, who have already visited your salon and used your services. Make sure the comments are real and informative. Check them to make sure they provide actual, truthful and up-to-date information about your business. The fact that the “comments” section is available at your fashion website boosts customer trust and business credibility rate.
- Contact Page. Just like a fashion website is unthinkable without the “About Us” page, it should also contain a detailed and informative “Contact Us” section. This info should always be at hand, when your clients have the desire to find your contacts to get in touch with you. Make sure to include all business contacts and communication channels. The more of them you mention at your Contact Us page, the more clients may get in touch with you to use your services.
A quality, well-structured and professional website is a must for any fashion website. This is a surefire way to present your salon in the most favorable light, grow your client base, ensure good reputation and, eventually, reach your business objectives and make profit. Even though, it may seem that the process of website development is complicated for inexperienced users, there is a pretty good way to simplify it. This can be effectively done by using website builders today. These services are convenient and simple for everyone, irrespective of the web design skills and expertise rate.
The choice of worthy web building tools is quite extensive and it may be a problem for ordinary users to pick the platform that works best for their business and web design needs.
If you are a newbie making your first steps in website creation, then you won’t find a better solution than Wix or uKit. Both systems are easy to use and ensure excellent and hassle-free web building process. When working with any of these website builders, you won’t face serious problems, even if you are not a web design pro. They provide you with a wide range of features and tools needed to launch a quality website in no time.
WordPress works better for those users, who have the notion of website development and at least basic coding skills. Due to its powerful integration and design customization options, the system allows creating feature-laden websites that rank high in the search engines.
Ucraft, Weebly SITE123 and Bookmark are professional website builders, which have distinguished themselves as reliable, powerful and affordable systems. They are not quite complicated for beginners and you can pick any of these platforms to start and manage a quality fashion website.
Which of these systems can be considered a niche leader? Everything depends upon your requirements, needs, skills, expectations and goals. Just take your time to review each of them to select the one you will be completely satisfied with.