Are you planning to put on a great show or throw an epic party? Do you have a worthy event for your potential attendees? You will need a massive tool to drive their attention. This is where a solid event website might help.
The mission is to convince your target audience that the event you have is the best bet for them. For this reason, having a persuasive event site will do the trick. It will guide our potential visitors through the entire path from the event introduction and description to the decision-making process. All you need is to earn people’s trust.
Building a professional event website has become much easier thanks to modern website builders. Designed for newbies and non-technicians those platforms still deliver enough tools to create an engaging site and make your target audience stay on the page you need. On the other hand, a growing number of web technology tools make the selection process rather daunting.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Website Builders for Events:
- Wix – The Best Website Builder for Events
- WordPress – Free CMS to Create and Manage Event Website
- Eventbrite – Global Event Management Platform
- Bizzabo – Modern Event Planning and Managing Software
- Aventri – Award Winning Event Management Solution
- Dryfta – Easy Event Planning Website Builder
- Zoho Backstage – Online Event Management Software
- Facebook – Creating & Managing Public or Private Events
- uKit – The Best Small Business Website Builder
- SITE123 – Easy Website Builder for Beginners
Are you right about to pick a website builder to launch an event website with it? There is no need to look for the best system elsewhere. The review below is your timesaver depicting top 10 platforms you might find pretty helpful when building an event site from scratch. Let’s have a look at them now before we decide to build a solid event site.
Wix – The Best Website Builder for Events
Wix – is the best event website builder. It’s one of the most flexible and versatile platforms. It is good for any website type. The software is extremely easy to use. It offers a huge selection of mobile responsive templates with plenty of built-in features in addition to a wide selection of widgets from the builders’ Wix App Market.
Wix uses the latest web and AI technologies to deliver the best website building experience. Here are some fundamental advantages of using Wix:
- Event Website Templates – The software boasts a marvelous collection of templates for event sites. Whether you are holding a conference or a business meeting, whether you need to send an online invitation to a wedding or party, arrange a networking event or more, Wix has different templates for any occasion.
- Built-In Features – The templates from the event category comes with already integrated features for a solid event website. Here you have a “How to Get” section, schedules, integrated Maps, checkout forms, call-to-action buttons, etc.
- Wix Event Widgets – Wix App Market is full of useful add-ons and event widgets. For instance, Event Calendar is a stylish scheduling tool where you can add any event and inform your visitors about the upcoming show.
- Wix Bookings is perfect for business meetings, conferences, craft shops, etc. It lets your customers easily get to the event without wasting time on phone calls, email registrations, so forth.
- Wix Forum is a great widget for long-running events. You actually crate an online community where members can share comments, videos, photos and other content from the event.
Cost: Wix is an ultimate website building solution to any problem. It is flexible and easy enough to use, while the price will meet any budget expectations in addition to a free neverending plan. As to the paid subscriptions, the website builder has two groups of plans to choose from. These include standard and business/eCommerce subscriptions. The cost of standard plans starts with $13/mo and goes up to $39/mo, while that of business plans ranges between $23/mo and $500/mo.
WordPress – Hosted CMS to Make an Event Website
WordPress – is one of the most popular CMS platforms powering millions of websites including event projects. The platforms offer multiple event management and marketing opportunities thanks to numerous event management plugins and integration capabilities. The core features include:
- Awesome Event Themes – Users will appreciate a huge selection of themes designed for various types of events. From conferences, forums and business meetings to more intimidate events like parties, shows, and celebrations – WordPress have them all.
- Wide Array of Plugins – Hardly any other CMS can offer the same variety of plugins. WordPress delivers hundreds of tools to manage and promote your event website. Multi-day event registrations, ticket sales, event scheduling, alerts and push notifications – simply install and activate the plugin to take the fullest from its features.
- Endless Integration Opportunities – As an open source CMS, WordPress is open for multiple integrations with existing services. You can implement various payment options, integrate Google Maps to show the venue location, create a personal event organizer, launch email subscription campaigns and more.
- Hosting – As a downloadable software, WordPress does not have any integrated hosting solutions. Instead, it implies the necessity to look for the most suitable hosting provider out there. Fortunately, the choice of companies offering hosting services is pretty extensive and you can easily find the system that comes up to your project hosting needs most of all.
Cost: WordPress is commonly regarded as a free CMS, which means that you can download and install it at no cost at all. However, you will need to invest into paid plugins, which will contribute to your project performance and design. Premium templates are also available for WordPress online, but it’s up to you to decide, whether you need them or not.
To go live with your ready-made website, you will have to take care of hosting/domain name choice. In this respect, the system officially recommends Bluehost as the best hosting provider that covers the prevailing amount of users’ needs. Bluehost allows installing the CMS with one click only and it offers plenty of advantages that contribute to your project performance. The company comes with a free bonus domain name offered for the first year after registration, 60% discount for the system installation, lots of integrations, fast load speed, affordable pricing policy and many other benefits that make Bluehost a truly worthy investment for all WordPress users. The cheapest Bluehost plan will cost you $2.95/mo.
Eventbrite – Global Event Management Platform
Eventbrite – is a global platform that has distinguished itself as one of the largest systems used to find, create, attend and share events around the world. The system makes it possible to create and add new events as well as to manage them with regard to your needs. These include official events (community rallies, music festivals, fundraising campaigns, marathons etc.) and personal events (competitions, parties, gaming projects, contests etc.).
The main highlights of the platform are as follows:
- Integrations – Currently, the platform integrates with multiple world-popular services, including Dropbox, Zoho, Facebook, Google Apps, MailChimp, Salesforce, Twitter, Microsoft Dynamics and more.
- User App – Eventbrite makes it possible to download and install a User App into your mobile device. This is where you will be able to access the event feed classified by categories based on the location aspect. This means that you will be offered a list of events that take place in your location as soon as you visit the website, which is really convenient, time-saving and useful. There is also the in-app ticket purchasing option that lets you buy tickets to the listed events via Stripe, PayPal, Braintree and other popular payment systems. The app can also be used for convenient ticket management and creating personalized event recommendations.
- App Marketplace – The system comes with a powerful integrated app market, where you can come across all types of applications, widgets and extensions that can effectively contribute to your event website performance.
- Event Management – With Eventbrite, creating and managing personal/business events becomes much simpler than before. What you need to do is to add an event, give it a name, set location, date, ticket price and type. Finally, you can add images media files, audios and other elements to drive user attention after the event publication.
- Ticket Creation – The platform allows designing and publishing tickets and it is also possible to create paper tickets for further distribution. You can add any details to your tickets to provide potential visitors with all information might be interested in. Additionally, the system allows creating various ticket types for diverse user categories. These include General admission tickets, VIP tickets, Reserved seating tickets, Multi-day pass and One-day pass tickets, Early bird discount, Coded discount etc.
- Event Performance Analysis – Eventbrite provides organizers with its integrated analytics tool that makes it possible to track sales, number of event attendees, traffic fluctuations and other parameters that can tell a lot about your event popularity.
Cost: Eventbrite offers three types of plans, including Essentials, Professional and Premium. The first two subscriptions are free for everyone, who plans to sell free tickets, but if you plan to charge fees for the tickets sold, the system sets fixed charges for each ticket sold. Thus, Essentials pricing constitutes 2%+ $0.79 per paid ticket, while Professional pricing is 3.5% + $1.59 per paid ticket. The cost of services included into the Premium plan is discussed individually with the system developers.
Bizzabo – Modern Event Planning and Managing Software
Bizzabo – is the best event management website service.. The software lets you benefit from a stylish website and mobile app at the same time. It is easy to customize the site using Bizzabo tools and features. They include:
- Clean Event Templates – The software provides a selection of good-looking templates that will be available for mobile devices as well in the face of the app.
- Extended Event Package – Bizzabo is your personal event organizer. It is easy to use and boasts multiple functions from event management tools to tickets selling options, payment methods integrations and more.
- Duplicate Events – The software makes it easy to create a single website for multiple events. You do not need to launch a new site for a similar event. Simply duplicate it to use for other events of the same type.
- Advanced Support – Every user will be assigned with an account manager to handle different issues. Professional assistants will guide you through the entire web building process. You can also contact the support team via phone or benefit from Bizzabo blog.
- Integration Capabilities – The platform can be integrated with various existing services like MailChimp, Google Analytics, etc. Users can add media content like videos and images. You can add customizable tabs, widgets and more.
Cost: The platform has proved to be a good solution whenever you need to create an online event marketing/management website. Bizzabo is very easy to use through the registration process might look a bit too complicated at first sight. The website builder offers three pricing options, including Planner, Pro and Elite. To find out the cost of each plan, you have to get in touch with the system managers in person.
Aventri – Award Winning Event Management Solution
Aventri – is a good conference website builder that encompasses advanced event management and web building solutions to help companies effectively manage business processes, while planning their corporate events. The website builder boasts impressive statistics, including 20 millions of successfully completed sign ups, more than 300 thousands of effectively managed events and stunning customer satisfaction rate that exceeds 97%. These are pretty great numbers. Now, it’s high time to have a look at some of the most remarkable features of the platform:
- Extensive Event Planning Options – Apart from designing professional and modern websites, Aventri lets users add events, schedules, manage and customize business processes, agendas, meetings, sessions, generate customized reports, add and manage speakers etc. You can automatically integrate any of these elements into your event project on your own.
- Integration with Third-Party Apps – Aventri allows integrating with external applications and add-ons that make it possible to boost your event website functionality. Some of them include Silverpop, Marketo, Salesforce, OnWire, Clickatell, Eloqua and many more. Additionally, the system offers its subscribers an opportunity to use integrated APIs, which help add the solution to their project and other websites.
- Customizable Responsive DIY Templates – The website builder allows creating and customizing responsive templates absolutely from scratch to further reuse them, while working on your next event projects.
- User Role Permission Rights – It’s up to you to assign website access rights to those users you’d like to join the developers team. The system makes it possible to share role permissions with those users you need. This eventually improves your website safety and gives full control over the website management and update process.
Cost: Aventri is a website builder that combines a worthy website creation platform and a fully-integrated event management software to help launch contemporary event projects with high-end performance. The platformi does not charge fixed costs for its plans. There is a free demo version here that lets you explore some of the basic system features. To apply for its premium plan, you need to get in touch with the service representatives.
Dryfta – Easy Event Planning Website Builder
Dryfta – is an up-to-date event planning website builder, which makes it possible to start and manage an amazing event projects with speaker profiles, schedules, custom contents, media integration options, embedded forms and lots of other features that are a must-have for any event project. The website builder works great for organizations, companies and educational institutions. Let’s have a brief overview of the feature set of the service you can use to successfully design and them manage/update your event website:
- Template Options – Dryfta makes it possible to choose from multiple responsive event website templates, ranging from academic projects and up to corporate sites, conferences and symposiums. If you have an intention to start a website from scratch, the CSS Manager of the system lets you add and edit your own codes to create unique designs.
- Integration Options – With Dryfta, you can integrate media files into custom made web pages, upload textual contents, images, embed and set up YouTube videos to make they available to logged-in users only. Additionally, you can integrate external links that redirects users to other website-related info.
- Widget Manager – The website builder comes with its own Widget Manager Tools, which allows adding custom texts, embedded forms, codes, newsletter sign up forms, slides and other website elements that matter a lot for your event website.
- Event Platform Features – Dryfta grants access to myriads of event website management features. These include Budget & Expenses visual tool, To-Do List creation option, Event Setup option, Unified CRM for general user info access, Contacts Segmentation, Customizable Email Templates, single dashboard for attendees and speakers willing to manage their profiles, event Networking App, Sponsors & Exhibitors tools, Custom Reporting, Tickets & Payment Gateways, Abstract Submissions management, Attendee Registration for certain events, Badge Design & Printing, Lead Retrieval, Post-Event Interactions etc.
Cost: Dryfta makes it possible to apply for a demo version of the system provided for free. Having tested standard functionality of the platform, you will be able to pick a paid subscription. What’s interesting, Dryfta does not offer the one-size-fits-all plan. Instead, the system provides each customer with an individual payment option based on the online request submitted in advance. The cost of services the website builder offers starts with $119/mo to and may be increased based on user requirements and features included. Users may choose one of three premium options based on the number of events they plan to sell during a year. These include Single Event, Multiple Events and Unlimited Events plans.
Zoho Backstage – Online Event Management Software
Zoho Backstage – is another sample of a professional event management software that allows creating feature-laden websites to organize, manage and showcase your events, update them when needed and engage user attention. The website builder is intuitive and it doesn’t require much effort/time investment. Just design your project and take advantage of multiple features that let you manage your company events with maximum efficacy. Some of the most notable features are listed below:
- Localized Websites – The system lets you launch localized projects, which make it possible to connect with website/event attendees in various regions. This is how you can encourage interaction between users, offering announcement posting option, discussion forums, agendas development tools and other merits.
- Professional Niche Templates – You can make your event website come alive by picking one of the quality niche templates the system has in its collection. The designs are fully-responsive and customizable and you can adjust the required settings to get the most out of their performance. Just choose and move the required sections, drag and drop the tabs, enable/disable website elements to give your project unique design and brand identity.
- Style Options – It’s up to you to choose one of the available project styles to give your website one-of-a-kind custom layout. These include text and image, text only, widget embedding and testimonial. You can use any of these style options or all of them depending upon your project specialization.
- Multilingual Support – Zoho comes with multilingual support, which lets you translate your event website content into multiple languages of your choice to drive the attention of users from abroad.
- Personalized Attendee Schedule – the system makes it possible to provide attendees with the chance to select those sessions they would like to join. They can individually create a tailor-made agenda, thus having their sessions shortlisted to further follow them via their mobile devices. That’s quite handy and convenient, especially when it comes to business events.
- Registration and Ticketing – Zoho lets you create different event types and enable registration option so that users could sign up for the required session any time. You can also sell tickets online and even track their sales and receive the payouts without any commission fees at all. Promo offers and bonuses can be activated here as well.
Cost: Zoho is a multi-faceted platform, which lets you build, manage and update event websites. The website builder offers a free plan to test its integrated functionality provided by default. To get access to the complete set of the system features and to go live with your project, you’ll have to choose from three paid subscriptions. These include Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate. The cost of premium subscriptions starts from 79 Euros.
Facebook – Creating & Managing Public or Private Events
Facebook – is the world-popular social network, which enjoys utmost popularity with users from all over the world. The overall number of Facebook subscribers currently encompasses 1.59 billion users, who create around 47 million public event groups each year. This is because the platform unveils multiple features for event creation and management, letting everyone invite the unlimited number of people and organize versatile activities – both private and public.
Let’s have a look at the major feature set of the network that contributes to effective event setup:
- Event Creation – Facebook allows creating private and public events, letting you invite those users, who may be interested in it. This is a calendar-based resource, which can be used for a variety of purposes, including notification of users about the upcoming occasions, spreading the word about a certain event, sending and sharing invitations etc. It’s possible to invite thousands of people to the group, thus increasing the chances for your event to get noticed.
- RSVP List – The feature lets you display the list of invited users grouped by their responses. These people can set different statuses indicating their intention to visit the event. These include “attending,” “not attending,” “may be attending” and “hasn’t responded” lists. If the invited person sets the “attending” status, the notification will appear in the news feed to let the friends know about that. Additionally, a user will get reminders about the upcoming event as the date approaches.
- Event Management – You can make the event edits any time you face such a need. It’s possible to change the time and date of the event, location parameters and name, add images, videos and other media files etc. Users, in their turn, will be able to respond to the event, enable/disable notifications, report and share the news.
- Ticket Selling – If you Facebook account integrates with Eventbrite, for example, you can automatically import all your event data from one service to another to start selling tickets directly via Facebook. The process of integration between the platforms is quick and simple. It generally lasts around 10 minutes, ensuring worthy result in the long run.
- Adding Co-Hosts – If you are going to hold and manage the event in cooperation with other users, you can add them as co-hosts of the event group. As soon as you do that, the event will be displayed on their page event calendars so that they could track/make the edits, watch the event-related info and share this info with other users.
- Paid Event Promotion – Now that you are done with your event group creation, you can consider the advantages of the paid promotion. Facebook allows doing that in two ways – either via Ads Manager or directly from your Facebook page.
Cost: As a free social network, Facebook allows creating and managing events without any fees at all. If you wish to promote your event afterwards, though, you may opt for paid options, but this is not obligatory.
uKit – The Best Small Business Website Builder
uKit – is the cheapest event planning website builder designed specially for for small business. At the same time, it will help you create a website for business events including conferences, special meetings, seminars and more. You can create a professional event website from scratch or covert an already existing Facebook page. Check for more great uKit Features:
- Affordability – uKit boasts low prices including a 14-day free trial to test the system. You can build a basic website including free domain, hosting, SSL security, and baseline features for only 4$/month.
- uKit Alt – A great feature for those who already have an existing Facebook page describing the event. It lets you convert the page into a professional website within a couple of minutes. It will increase website’s credibility and help you establish a strong reputation online. The system uses Facebook API to generate necessary info from the page and place it on the website. The transferred content includes images, photos from the galleries, logo, new feed, event details, contacts, etc.
- Widgets and Apps – uKit makes it easy to integrate different widgets including professional photo galleries, streaming apps, calendars, etc. Most templates come with already built-in widgets that you can change or modify.
- Responsive Design – Apart from an array of mobile-friendly templates, uKit has a Mobile and Tablet preview mode to make your site look great in different devices. Users can edit the website ensuring a proper look on both smartphones and tablets. Every time you make changes in the Mobile and tablet mode, they are not displayed in the site desktop version. A great feature for an enhanced mobile users’ experience.
- Temporary Website Management Access – When building an event website in cooperation with other team members, you can set up temporary website management access for those users you plan to work with. In this case, you will be the rights holder, who will have the power to update the website info, add/delete widgets and pages, access Google Analytics, watch website statistics, adjust SEO settings etc. Mind that all the edits made by co-workers will be automatically saved in the backup version to prevent the loss of information. However, the maximum duration of temporary access mode does not exceed 999 days.
Cost: uKit comes as a good and cost-effective website builder. It offers a variety of stylish platforms, great design, and simple editor to customize web pages. The system offers foru paid plans, the cheapest of which will cost you $4/mo only, while the most expensive subscription will constitute $12/mo. Let’s face it: that’s a really generous and affordable offer.
SITE123 – Easy Website Builder for Beginners
SITE123 – is an easy-to-use website builder for event agencies that initially targets non-techies. The system is known for impressive simplicity, convenience and intuitive web design approach, which makes the process of launching a website smooth and hassle-free. The system does not imply coding awareness, while its drag-and-drop editor, integrable widgets and customizable templates contribute to great result. To find out the features that let you start a quality event website, have a look at the following SITE123 highlights:
- Responsive Event Templates. The website builder boasts an extensive template collection, which is divided into niche categories. There is a separate section of event designs here and you can pick any of them to start a project for your event agency. All the templates included into the SITE123 collection are responsive and free.
- Multilingual Support. Depending upon your agency specialization and client base, you may consider an opportunity to create a multilingual website. Fortunately, the website builder comes with multilingual support that lets you start a project in several languages of your choice. This eliminates the necessity to create several language versions of your event website at a time.
- Logo Maker. SITE123 is known for its integrated App Market that encompasses multiple apps, widgets, extensions and add-ons. While browsing the integrated collection of the system, you can pick those apps that work best for your event website and encourage for active user participation. There is an opportunity to choose and integrate a Live Chat, popular social network widgets, Galleries, Analytics Tools and other handy widgets here.
- Online Form Builder. The system comes with an integrated Online Form Builder, which lets you create and insert online forms into your event website to reach different goals. Thus, it is possible to integrate a poll, an inquiry form, a questionnaire, a callback or registration form into your web project. The choice of apps is quite rich and it’s up to you to make the pick that works best for your project needs.
Cost: SITE123 is one of the most affordable website builders out there. The system offers a free plan, which never ends and lets you improve your web design skills as well as explore the feature set of the system. When you are ready to start a feature-laden project and go live with it, feel free to subscribe for a premium subscription. The cost of paid plans start from $10.80/mo.
What Features Should a Great Event Website Have?
Choosing the right platform is only 50% of success. An event website is about keeping your visitors aware of the events and meetings you promote. You mission is to establish a high credibility level in order to keep the potential attendees on the page you need. For this reason, your event site must have some vital elements. They are as follows:
Writing wordy copies will hardly work out. You need to provide clear descriptions that deliver some real value to your visitors. Make sure the page contains some crucial data including:
- Date and Time – Provide a clear event schedule for your potential attendees. Make sure they will never miss the event. Your website should have at least a simple calendar widget.
- The Venue – Do not forget to pinpoint the place for your audience. A short description of the venue featuring a couple of photos would certainly add some value. Integration of a professional photo or image gallery will be a good idea.
- Ticket Prices – Once again, it is all about costs. You need to highlight clear pricing in addition to a simple registration or ticket purchase form. This is where your website might need third-party integration with booking services, payment options, etc.
- Call to Action – A clear RSVP button is the core element of your future event website. Encourage your visitors to register, buy event tickets, subscribe, etc.
People need only 50 milliseconds to form an opinion. Your future website is supposed to help them form the opinion you need. This is where a strong visual proof will do the trick.
According to the latest stats, 70% of users go to Google Images or YouTube to find the visual representation of the event. You can make them stay on the website providing enough visual content. Add videos, work with galleries, create photo albums and more.
Simple Checkout Process
A huge percent of users leave because of the intimidating checkout experience. The issue is the concert of not only event websites but also digital stores and small business sites. The solution is to provide an easy checkout experience making the process as fast and easy as possible.
Social proof is vital for 70% of users before they decide to make a purchase. They look for testimonials, reviews and opinions shared by previous customers or people who already visited a similar event.
As you can see, a good event website should have some essential elements you will need to integrate. Website builders deliver everything you need like a bunch of different tools to engage with the audience. They offer great templates with galleries, schedule widgets and subscription forms to choose from. All you need is to opt for the best-matching platform. Here are some of the best event website builders.
Web technologies are evolving. They bring some great tools to build any type of website from scratch. Leading platforms were designed to help newbies and users without technical skills to handle the web building process effortlessly.
Event website builders are easy to use. They are cheaper if compared to hiring a custom development team. They come as an all-in-one solution. You get all the necessary tools in the pack. The key advantages include:
- Simple Editing – The software is based on a drag-and-drop function. You can easily add new content, remove texts, work with media files including videos and photos. It will hardly take much time to learn how the Intuitive and user-friendly system works.
- Cost-Effective Solution – Website builders are cheaper than hiring a development team. Moreover, they come with additional free features such as free domains, templates and hosting you do not need to take care.
- Flexibility – Event website builders come with a bunch of features, widgets, plugins, and add-ons you can use to make your site as engaging as possible. They will let you add any from the core elements we have described above.
The process of creating an event website consists of several important stages. Choosing a proper platform is very important. To do everything right, you need to realize the structure of your future site. What features should it have? What kind of event are you going to promote? How would you like to interact with your potential attendees?
Once you have answered all the questions and got a clear vision of the future website, you can choose the platforms to meet your needs. Whether it is going to be an open source CMS or a website builder – it will depend on your skills, budget and some other crucial factors to consider. SaaS platforms have proved to be a faster and simpler way to establish a slid online representation without special skills.