Establishing an eCommerce website is a must, if you have long-term aspirations and intention to start selling online. A quality web store will help you reach several goals at a time. It will become the top notch destination for users looking for the services/products you are selling.
It will also provide detailed information about the product assortment and variety of shopping options you offer. This is also the major source of contact information potential and current users might wish to find out.
Despite the impressive amount of affordable possibilities for eCommerce websites, many of them eventually prove to be ineffective. Fortunately, there are services, which make it possible to create a decent website on your own and within the shortest time interval. Let’s find out more about them now.
To solve the problem, we have decided to come up with the post, which will provide you with the basics of eCommerce web development, effective approach to the process, its cost and available web building options.
We Tested Out 13 Of The Best eCommerce Website Builders:
- Shopify – The Best Ecommerce Website Builder
- Wix – The Easiest Website Builder to Start Sell Online
- WooCommerce – #1 eCommerce Plugin for WordPress
- Weebly – Free Ecommerce-ready Website Builder
- Ucraft – 14-day Free Trial Web Store Builder
- BigCommerce – One of the Most Used Ecommerce Website Builder
- Ecwid – Free Ecommerce Plugin for Any Website
- Volusion – Shopping Cart Software for Ecommerce Website
- SITE123 – Saas-platform to Build an Ecommerce Website
- 3dcart – A Powerful & Secure eCommerce Software
- Squarespace – Online Store Builder with Shopping Cart
- Bookmark – E-Commerce & Online Stores Builder with AI
- Jimdo – Affordable Ecommerce Website Builder
The list of popular eCommerce website builders is pretty extensive and includes full-featured platforms that make it possible to run small-to-large online stores. To make the right choice of the web design system, you should initially complete a profound online search to define the tool that comes up to your needs and business requirements most. This will eventually cut down the time of web store development, boosting the efficacy of its further promotion. Thus, it’s high time to review the eCommerce website builders listed above.
Shopify – The Best eCommerce Website Builder
Shopify – is the best and the most popular specialized eCommerce software, the entire feature set of which is geared towards the development of professional web stores. The system lets you design all types of online stores, ranging from small projects and up to feature-laden hypermarkets with high end functionality, flexibility and abundance of shopping options.
The eCommerce software might be rightfully considered the number one system in the list of the best niche platforms, but it may seem somewhat complicated for newbies. These are the major highlights of the system that make it stand out from the crowd:
- POS Software. The website builder comes with advanced Point-of-Sale (POS) software, which allows selling products in your retail storefront in the offline mode. It’s also possible to manage multiple staff accounts here, synchronize with different types of accounting software etc.
- Responsive eCommerce Templates. Being initially oriented on building web stores, the system offers a stunning collection of responsive eCommerce templates. There are also lots of design customization options and tools you can apply to give the selected themes trusted and professional look. What you can do to set up your website is to create and update the header, footer, sidebar, show window and shopping cart design, background, style and other important website elements.
- Code Editing. For experienced users, Shopify allows for advanced code editing required to create a completely personalized website design. It’s also possible to use your own markup language here to give your web store unique look.
- Extensive Integration Options. Another Shopify highlight is its integration with external platforms and well-known marketplaces. Thus, you can integrate with Xero, Quickbooks and other accounting software to boost your web store performance. It’s also possible to synchronize your account with that on Amazon to increase your sales volume and generate traffic.
- Advanced Marketing Features. Business owners value an opportunity to create the receipts online, view and analyze sales statistics, control the account balance, use multichannel and multilingual support options as well as other features like Shopify Ping, App Store, BOGO discounts, Shopify Tap & Chip Reader etc. that help them manage their businesses in the best way possible.
- Future Publishing. The Future Publishing option is the highlight of the system. It allows publishing blog posts, product reviews and catalogue collections that are going to appear on sale in the future.
- Mobile Marketing. Shopify is a nice eCommerce CMS, which is also optimized for mobile marketing. The range of features and options it offers is quite extensive and each user may choose the required functionality based on the web building skills and expertise rate.
- Shopify Augmented Reality (AR). Shopify offers an advanced Augmented Reality feature that boosts customer engagement and satisfaction rates. The feature allows displaying 3D images of products offered for sale, thus making the shopping process more interactive and modern.
- Web Store Management Features. The software comes with a broad range of web store management features, including access to customer profiles, groups and accounts, dropshipping options, email templates, fast order fulfillment options etc.
See the most impressive Shopify templates:
Shopify is quite an expensive eCommerce software, but its cost is reasonable and worth the result you will eventually get. The system doesn’t have a completely free plan yet it allows testing the features of any subscription you might be interested in. All in all, the software offers four plans, the cost of which ranges between $9 and $299 per month.
Shopify Example Websites.
How to Create an Online Shopping Website Using Shopify.
Wix – The Easiest Website Builder to Start Selling Online
Wix – is an impressive all-in-one website builder, the feature set and functionality of which make it the best eCommerce web building solution. The service has won worldwide popularity due to its exceptional ease of use, rich template collection and abundance of tools you can use to design an outstanding website.
The number of Wix eCommerce subscribers has exceeded 150 millions of users living in more than 190 countries. Have a look at its feature set right away to find out what the system has to offer:
- Integrated eCommerce Platform. The system has its own eCommerce engine that comes with multiple customizable options. What you can do here is to set up payment and shipping options, create discount coupons, set tax management parameters, design the show window, import/export products, upload and manage product lists etc. Other eCommerce features that should be mentioned here include drag-and-drop website editing options, logically-structured and appealing product galleries, secure shopping process, mobile optimization, 24/7 customer support and what not. With Wix, you can create small-to-medium online stores.
- eCommerce Templates. Wix comes with lots of quality templates for e-store projects. All of them are versatile and optimized for mobile viewing. This is a must-have feature for a contemporary online store.
- Wix ADI. An advanced Wix ADI tool the system offers allows creating an eCommerce website with ease. Just provide the details of a web store you need (its type, extra features like a blog or a booking option, its name, location) and select among the available options the system offers. What you should do next is to edit your web store info, pick the design you like and follow the tips the Artificial Intelligence generates to customize the project and bring it online.
- Mobile Editor. The website builder allows using the mobile editor to manage the mobile version of your web store without impairing the desktop mode. However, all the changes you make in the desktop version of your web store will be reflected in its mobile mode. That’s very convenient.
- Multilingual Support. Wix comes with multilingual support, which makes it possible to launch websites in several language versions to target international customers and business partners.
- Forum. The system also comes with a forum app, which allows adding a forum to your web store to initiate and hold conversations with customers.
- Personalized ShoutOut Emails. The feature makes it possible to notify your web store visitors and clients about the upcoming events, special offers, discounts and news. This will boost user satisfaction and engagement rates.
- Client Interaction Tools. The website builder lets you choose and use the required client interaction tools that help you stay in touch with the target audience. These tools, widgets and extensions are available in the integrated Wix App Market you can browse to make the required choice. Some of the most widespread applications you may select for your eCommerce website include 123 Form Builder, Wix Forms, Callback widget, Live Chat, Book Appointments Online, Wix Chat, Events Calendar, Latest News, Google Event Calendar, Scheduling Pro and more.
- Customer Testimonials. When it comes to starting an eCommerce project, customer testimonials matter a lot. The system lets you integrate multiple widgets from the App Market that make it possible for your clients to leave their comments and reviews. Among the apps and extensions you can choose for this purpose, it makes sense to mention Customer Reviews, Comments, Yelp, MyReviews, Social Testimonials, Voice Comments+, Testimonial Builder and many more.
Take a look at the best Wix store templates:
Wix is a premium website builder, which means that it has a free plan and several paid subscriptions. Free Wix subscription lets you test the system’s functionality prior to deciding on the further plan choice. The website builder has a separate group of plans meant for the development and management of eCommerce projects. The cost of subscriptions available here starts from $23/mo.
All the plans include increased storage space, variety of payment methods, online payment acceptance feature, absence of Wix ads, free domain name connection and other advantages. The website builder frequently offers discounts and special bonuses that make it possible to save big when using one of the paid eCommerce subscriptions.
WooCommerce – #1 eCommerce Plugin for WordPress
WooCommerce – is an open-source official WordPress shopping cart plugin, which makes it possible to launch a CMS-based online store. As of today, more than 350 thousands of web stores have been created with the plugin. It is absolutely free to download and install, but it comes with a set of paid features that simplify the web store management process. All in all, WooCommerce is quite a functional customizable plugin, but it still requires certain web design experience and coding knowledge to make the most out of its use. The list of the major WooCommerce features is as follows:
- Unlimited Customization Options. The service works great for small and medium eCommerce websites. It’s easy to integrate it into any WordPress website to give it the required functionality. As soon as you integrate the plugin, you will see a detailed informative wizard on how to successfully get started with your online store development. WooCommerce grants an opportunity to use a set of out-of-the-box features and add extensions to your website.
- Product Management Tools. With WooCommerce, you can create product catalogues, set up categories and search filter options, control the process of user registration, accept orders and online payments, keep track of your sales statistics and visitors’ behaviour by using integrated and external analytics tools, set up payment, tax and shipping details as well as boost user loyalty by means of organizing mailouts.
- GEO Location Support. The plugin comes with geolocation based products filter that restricts and manages access to your website based on users’ IP addresses. This helps protect your web store from unauthorised access and spammer attacks. The feature also blocks traffic from specific regions and countries that frequently prove to be the source of spam.
- Hosting Choice. As the WordPress plugin, WooCommerce doesn’t offer integrated hosting and domain name. Thus users face the need to choose any hosting provider and domain name they like. Fortunately, the selection of companies offering hosting services is pretty extensive out there.
WooCommerce is initially a free shopping cart plugin. You can integrate and customize your web store at no cost with it. To make the eCommerce project available on the web, however, the plugin implies the need to get reliable hosting. If you decide to give it a try, it’s reasonable to go for the official WordPress hosting – Bluehost. This is one of the undeniable niche leaders, which currently powers over 5 millions websites across the globe.
This WordPress hosting offers multiple features and advantages, including ease of use, decent customer support, security, flawless performance, multiple scripts, rich marketplace, unique WordPress-focused features, SEO tools, DDOS protection, IP blacklist, Site Access Blockage tool etc. A free domain registration and a pre-installed CMS WordPress are included in every Bluehost plan. The cheapest subscription currently costs $2.95/mo, which is, undoubtedly a worthy investment to bring your web store online.
Weebly – Free eCommerce Ready Website Builder
Weebly – is one of the oldest representatives of the eCommerce web building niche. Launched in 2006 and having lived through multiple transformations, the service offers a powerful feature set needed to set up and manage a quality online store.
The system used to be an all-in-one website builder, but after the acquisition by Square in 2018, it has gained a straight eCommerce-oriented focus. It works well for building small-to-large online stores, offering convenient drag-and-drop functionality and intuitive interface. Among the features that can contribute to your website performance, it makes sense to mention the following:
- Fully-Integrated Shopping Cart. As soon as you decide to start your own Weebly-based web store, the website builder will provide you with a fully-integrated shopping cart. It lets you sell physical/digital products right from the start without wasting your effort and time, handling tech problems.
- Extensive Web Store Management Options. As an eCommerce-focused website builder, Weebly grants access to the extensive variety of web store management features. These include safe payment options, integrated shopping cart, simple product upload and management, order and product tracking and many more.
- CSV Product Import/Export. The service makes it possible to import/export products from CSV files. This is especially useful, when it comes to boosting the speed of uploading/adding products to the website.
- Email Marketing. The feature will help keep your customers aware of all the events, updates, news and special offers they can avail when visiting your Weebly-based online store.
- Search Filter Option. Weebly comes with a convenient search filter option. It makes it simpler for users to explore the product assortment and select the required items, sorting them out by crucial parameters such as type, color palette, size, dimensions, cost and what not.
- Responsive Niche Designs. Weebly offers a stunning collection of responsive eCommerce designs, which are 100% customizable and can easily adapt to desktop and mobile screens. You can also upload your own template, having created it yourself or having bought it from third-party developers.
- Marketing Tools. The website builder stands out from the crowd due to the broad range of integrated marketing tools. Weebly Promote tool is one of the most advanced marketing features the website builder offers. It includes a set of ready-made templates you can use for different types of emails, such as promo newsletters, bulletins, event and product presentations etc. There is also an opportunity to use email drag-and-drop constructor, multiple tech support tools and contact segmentation features to mention a few.
- App Center. Weebly grants access to the dynamic collection of services and applications you can add to your web store with easy one-click integrations. Some of them include LiveChat, PinPoll, Call-Out-Box etc.
- Form Builder. The website builder makes it possible to create and manage custom forms that can be further integrated into your online store. Due to the convenient drag-and-drop online form builder, you get an opportunity to create custom contact forms, surveys, RSVP lists and other projects that will contribute to your web store performance.
Weebly has a separate group of plans for eCommerce projects. It includes a free subscription that is never expiring and lets you test the major Commerce functionality of the website builder before you decide on the most suitable subscription.
The cost of paid plans starts with $4/mo and goes up to $38/mo. All the subscriptions offer an integrated domain name, Google Ads access that comes with $100 bonus, live chat, forum community, email support and other niche-related features. The most advanced Performance plan additionally grants access to email marketing option as well as direct phone support.
Ucraft – 14-Day Free Trial Web Store Builder
Ucraft – is an advanced DIY website builder, which allows for the development of different types of full-featured websites. Web stores are not an exception as the platform makes it possible to start and manage both small ecommerce projects as well as fully-functional digital stores.
The system ensures smooth and intuitive web design process, offering multiple high end tools and features needed to give your project strong eCommerce focus. Let’s enlist the most impressive highlights of the website builder now:
- eCommerce Templates. The website builder allows creating feature-laden web stores by means of customizing any of the selected eCommerce templates. Just pick the theme that adheres to your web store niche and needs, arrange the built-in blocks, upload, edit and customize the products, add relevant elements and go ahead to publish it.
- Product Management Features. Ucraft comes with multiple high end product management features that make it possible to create and offer for sale appealing product galleries. Thusm, you can add new items with a single click, upload new products, assign their parameters, edit product fields, customize separate product pages in a variety of ways etc.
- Diverse Payment Options. The platform currently supports more than 70 payment services you can integrate into your account and synchronize with other external systems. Just pick and connect the most suitable payment method and use it, while completing financial transactions.
- Selling Channels. Ucraft supports multiple selling channels required to grow your profit. The website builder allows entering the biggest marketplaces and selling your physical/digital products on Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Google Shopping Feed and other popular trading platforms. Mind, however, that this advanced feature is currently available for BigCommerce plan subscribers.
- Logo Maker. The website builder lets you create your own web store logo if you don’t have the one yet. It has become possible due to the free Logo Maker tool the system offers by default. What you need to get the logo is to pick an icon from the collection of free stock images, customize it by using the set of integrated elements/tools and save it for further integration into your ecommerce website. That’s the surefire way to get unique brand reputation.
Ucraft offers moderate pricing policy. There is a free plan you can use to explore the major feature set of the system and three paid subscriptions. When it comes to eCommerce website development, Ucraft allows choosing between Pro Shop and BigCommerce plans. Their cost constitutes $21/mo and $39/mo correspondingly, granting access to multiple integrated eCommerce features. The system also offers the 14-day free trial that may come in handy to you, when testing the selected plans.
BigCommerce – One of the Most Used eCommerce Website Builders
BigCommerce – is one of the most used powerful specialized eCommerce website builders. The system allows building websites for small, medium and large sales-oriented businesses. Its functionality and design customization tools are above the average, which makes the service a decent competitor in the eCommerce web building niche. If you are right about to use the website builder for your web store development, have a look at its feature set now:
- eCommerce CMS. The platform offers all the available eCommerce niche options. It allows trading at multiple platforms as well as via Facebook. You can also set up the automated email marketing tool, create and manage the inventory list, organize product exchange/return processes, design ad banners, assign product parameters and specifications, create discounts and gift certificates etc. Product export/import option via the use of CSV files is enabled here as well.
- Responsive Designs. As a completely eCommerce-focused website builder, BigCommerce comes with a stunning collection of more than 100 high end templates. All of them are customizable and responsive by default. Just pick the design you like most and go ahead to edit it, uploading business-related content etc. Most themes are paid, but the cost is worth the quality of themes. The designs are sorted out by categories for quick and easy search. Code editing option is not provided here, but this is not a problem for the prevailing amount of users, who have the only goal in mind – to launch a trusted selling eCommerce website. BigCommerce works great for this purpose.
- External Integrations. BigCommerce makes it possible to integrate with powerful eCommerce applications for better web store performance. The platform has an industry-leading selection of integrations, all of which are curated to ensure the best eCommerce web building experience. You can select and connect any of them to your store to start selling effectively. These include marketing and conversion apps (HubSpot, Google AdWords, A/B testing suites like Optimizely etc.), shipping applications (ShipperHQ, Ordoro, Endicia, ShipStation and ShippingEasy), ERP integrations to enhance the efficacy of your operations (NetSuite, Brightpearl and Microsoft Dynamics), CRM apps (Salesforce, NetSuite and Zoho), API and accounting tools etc.
BigCommerce offers a free 15-day trial to all those users, who can’t decide on the most suitable paid subscription. As soon as the trial ends, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions to launch and publish a web store.
The cost of paid plans ranges between $29.95/mo and $249.95/mo. There is also an advanced Enterprise Plan suitable for huge companies, but its cost and terms are discussed individually with the company manager.
Ecwid – Free eCommerce Plugin for Any Website
Ecwid – is an eCommerce plugin, which makes it possible to create small web stores by giving their ready-made websites eCommerce functionality. Unlike other powerful feature-laden eCommerce platforms, Ecwid is mainly used as a widget, integration of which results in successful web store creation. Apart from creating and updating product catalogues, you can provide detailed product descriptions, track web store statistics, accept and manage orders and complete other online store-related steps. Other Ecwid advantages provided out-of-the-box are as follows:
- POS Functionality. The plugin is known for its Point of Sale (POS) functionality that lets you sell products both online and offline. In other words, you can accept and manage orders on the web as well as in your local storefront, thus, growing your customer base and generating profit.
- Product Import/Export. Just like most popular eCommerce systems, Ecwid allows for product export/import completed in the CSV format. This is handy when there is the need to transfer product-related data as well as customer info and orders from one eCommerce platform to another.
- Multilanguage Support. Ecwid comes with multilanguage support that makes it possible to translate your storefront into more than 50 languages based on your business needs. This is the best way to attract international clients and partners from abroad, thus increasing the revenue and traffic amount.
- Integration Options. The plugin lets you integrate some of the popular third-party extensions and add-ons, including Mailchimp, LiveChat, ShippingEasy, Zapier, 71lbs, Printful, Xero, AfterShip, Lucky Orange, ShipStation, Freshbooks and more. However, these apps are not enough to start and manage a full-featured online store. What’s more, you have to be subscribed to the paid plan to be able to use these extensions.
- Multiple Sales Channels. Ecwid lets you use multiple sales channels to let you sell digital/physical products across different websites. You can simultaneously manage all your sales from the single admin panel, which is very convenient and handy. Social media integration options are also available here, letting you complete sales via Instagram, Facebook, eBay, Amazon, Google Shopping, Shopzilla, Nextag and other popular marketplaces and social media platforms. Likewise, you can pick suitable payment gateways to let your clients place and complete their orders. Thus, you can combine Ecwid use with such payment systems as PayPal, Vend, Clover, Square, Stripe, WorldPay, NCR Silver and more.
- Web Store Management Features. The plugin also grants access to multiple web store management features, including an opportunity to sell physical/digital products, add several product lists, assign their parameters, use multiple inventory tools, abandoned checkout recovery option, track order statuses along with web store performance etc. Additionally, it is possible to issue discounts, promotions and special offers as well as to view reports, web store analytics, use SEO tools etc.
Ecwid has a free plan, which is everlasting and makes it possible to add up to 10 products and use some of the basic eCommerce features the plugin offers. If you decide to avail more advanced features and tools, Ecwid lets you pick one of its three paid subscriptions, the cost of which starts with $15/mo (or $12.5/mo with the annual subscription).
Volusion – Shopping Cart Software for eCommerce Website
Volusion – is a popular and full-featured shopping cart software for eCommerce projects. Even though, the system cannot boast such popularity as Wix, Shopify or BigCommerce, it still allows creating impressive online stores. This all-in-one service is safe, effective and quite understandable. The range of features it involves is extensive and presents such parameters as:
- eCommerce Templates. Volusion does not offer multiple eCommerce templates. As of today, their number somewhat exceeds 40 themes, which are responsive and come with standard (WYSIWYG) and advanced (CSS/HTML) code editing options.
- Online Store Builder. The system comes with the online store building tool you can use to start your own web store. The tool makes it possible to add product categories and subcategories, upload new products, deal with SEO management features, add and edit images etc.
- Easy Product Management. The platform allows for easy product management on all the pages. The system lets you create new categories and subcategories as well as manage multiple settings, such as product SEO and customization, deal with photo/text content management, make use of CSV file format import/export options, SSL Certificate connection etc.
- Multi-Channel Integrations. When using Volusion, you can integrate with other popular online marketplaces, which are currently the world-known industry leaders like Amazon, eBay etc. Likewise, it’s possible to choose from several payment gateways, including Stripe, PayPal and more.
- eCommerce Tools. Among the most widespread and important eCommerce tools, it makes sense to mention Barcode Generator, extensive inventory list and advanced inventory management system. What’s more, the website builder comes with a list of eCommerce tools, which can improve your web store performance with ease. These are special vendor codes, advanced recovery tools, warehouses set up, versatile pricing options, shipping and tax rate calculator, simple order processing, professional currency tools, customer-account management, bot captcha tool, drop shipping integration and more. Entrepreneurs, who are always in a hurry, can install the Volusion mobile application to be able to manage and update their web stores anytime and anywhere.
- Logo+Favicon. The website builder can make your eCommerce business stand out from the crowd by uploading your company logo and creating its favicon. This will surely make your website recognizable among the rest of niche competitors.
Volusion comes with the 14-day free trial that lets you discover the entire feature set of the system before upgrading to one of its paid subscriptions. The latter include 4 subscriptions, the cost of which starts with $29/mo. All the paid packages come with zero transaction fees, unlimited bandwidth and other privileges for their subscribers.
SITE123 – SaaS-Platform to Build an eCommerce Website
SITE123 – is one of the easiest SaaS platforms you can pick to start an eCommerce website. The website builder does not require any programming awareness of web design skills to be used to the advantage. Instead, it comes with a set of integrated tools and design customization features that can simplify the process of your web store development, ensuring worthy result you and your customers will be satisfied with. Some of the system highlights are listed below:
- Free Logo Maker. If your online store doesn’t have its own logo yet, it’s high time to design it with an integrated Logo Maker tool. It is completely free and stunningly simple. You can design your own unique website logo from scratch or create a brand new one out of elements available in the system.
- Multilingual Support. You can use the website builder to create several language versions of your eCommerce website. For this very purpose, the system offers an advanced multilingual tool, which is easy to master and use. By using it, you can start a multilingual website that will help establish commercial relationships with international partners and clients.
- eCommerce Widgets. To get access to niche-specific eCommerce widgets, just reach the integrated App Market and browse the widgets/apps available there. Some of the most popular samples of eCommerce extensions include Live Chat Support, Galleries, Social Widgets, Booking, Online Form and many more.
- Form Builder. The platform allows integrating online forms into any page or section of your web store. Free Form Builder delivers a set of custom form layouts, design elements and tools that can make your online form a perfect addition to your eCommerce website.
- Social Media Integration. SITE123 makes it possible to update social media accounts, thus notifying customers about the upcoming news, events, plans and updates that are going to take place in your web store in the nearest future.
SITE123 offers affordable and versatile pricing options. There is a free plan that is mostly used to test the system’s functionality and four paid subscriptions that differ in terms and features included. The cost of the cheapest subscription constitutes $10.80 per month – this is a really worthy investment!
3dcart – A Powerful & Secure eCommerce Software
3dcart – is a powerful and safe eCommerce software, application of which results in the creation of feature-laden online stores. The customer base of the service is not as extensive as that of the renowned niche leaders, but the system is still quite perspective. The developers of the platform keep working on the improvement of quality of web stores launched with the service. Have a look at the system’s feature set now to understand what you can expect from it:
- Module-Based Structure. The platform is module-based and it offers out-of-the-box integrations for maximum user convenience. Dozens of modules are already pre-installed, while others can be connected upon your demand. One of the highlights of the system is its amazing collection of modules you can choose and integrate into your website. These are Facebook Ads/Connect, Zapier, Group Deals, AWeber, MailChimp, RSS Feeds, LiveChat, Saved Carts, Wish List, POS, AutoResponder and eBay to mention a few.
- eCommerce Features. When working with 3dcart, you can make use of product import/export option, variety of payment and shipping solutions, warehouse stock product charts, sales statistics tools, shopping plugins. Integration with social network services is also supported here. The website builder abounds in marketing and SEO tools. It offers CRM integration, blogging option, automated mailout, reporting feature, user groups creation and other stunning features website owners will eagerly use.
- Responsive eCommerce Templates. The platform has a collection of quality responsive niche templates (there are over 70 of them here) you can customize and switch while working on your website development.
- Product Management. The software grants access to multiple product management options that let you create impressive product galleries and show windows. What you can do here is adding new products (physical/digital items or gift certificates), assigning their parameters, adding them to the warehouse stock list, provide shipping/payment info, upload images and descriptions, add SKU, MPN, GTIN, set up pricing specifications etc. There is also a convenient search filter option that simplifies product search by sorting the items by their parameters and special features.
- Marketing Tools. 3dcart allows using multiple integrated marketing tools, including shopping cart plugins (Godatafeed, NextTag Feed Export, Shopzilla, Bing, Google Product Feeds, PriceGrabber.com and Shop.com Export etc.). Additionally, it is possible to edit social network buttons here via code integration or adding ready made buttons from the Social Bookmarking section.
- Built-In CRM. The platform comes with the built-in CRM platform that allows keeping your business and clients organized. Mind that the feature is not activated by default and there is the need to enable it by using the corresponding Customer Relation Management system module.
Speaking about pricing, 3dcart offers a free trial period that lasts for 14 days and lets you test the entire feature set of the software. If you are satisfied with all the options, the platform allows upgrading to one of four paid subscriptions. The most affordable subscription currently costs $9/mo. 3dcart doesn’t include any transaction or setup fees and there is also an opportunity to switch between the plans, if required.
Squarespace – Online Store Builder with Shopping Cart
Squarespace – is a feature-laden online store builder with integrated shopping cart functionality. This is a pretty nice choice for users willing to launch and manage a quality eCommerce website. The system mostly works well for the development of online stores for artists and designers. It especially works well for users, who have an idea to present their products in the most favorable light. To let you do that, the website builder offers the following features:
- Show Window Creation. It is possible to create impressive product show windows to add and customize the items you plan to offer for sale. You will be able to manage product prices, add videos, galleries, product variations (SKUs), adjust payment and shipping options, implement loyalty programs for returning customers etc.
- Template Choice. As to the template gallery, Squarespace doesn’t offer multiple themes. It currently has over 40 designs, the quality of which is above the average. eCommerce functionality can be applied to all the templates.
- Widgets and Add-Ons. The website builder offers multiple widgets and special add-ons for web stores. These include social media buttons, widgets for image galleries, eCommerce tools for cafes and restaurants, Google Analytics etc.
- eCommerce Platform. The system grants access to multiple high end eCommerce features that contribute to the development of quality online stores. These include free SSL Certificate connection, integrated shopping cart, online product presentation tools, price indication, SKUs access, payment variations, multiple loyalty options, Google Maps embedding, online calendar, Logo Maker, commenting feature etc.
- Social Integrations. With Squarespace, you can post and update your web store-related information in the social networks, namely Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Dropbox, Tumblr, Instagram, Dribbble, Linkedin, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Behance, Twitch, Yelp and more.
- Acuity Scheduling. Squarespace stands out from the crowd due to its high end Acuity Scheduling platform. This is the online appointment scheduling system, which works great for business/web store owners, which lets customers use the integrated commerce platform to start and effectively manage quality platforms.
Squarespace doesn’t have a free plan yet it lets users try all of its features and tools during the 14-day trial offered at no cost at all. If you are satisfied with the system’s functionality, you will have an opportunity to subscribe to one of its paid plans. The cost of the cheapest subscription constitutes $12/mo. All the plans provide free domain name and other advantages.
Bookmark – eCommerce & Online Stores Builder with AI
Bookmark – is a cloud-based AI-powered website builder, which works great for the development of small and mid-sized online stores. The system will be a nice choice for inexperienced users, who are not aware of the intricacies of the web building process, but have an intention to design a decent eCommerce website. Likewise, it will be a great choice for web designers, who are involved in the development of web stores for clients. If you are right about to start a web store with Bookmark, you’ll be interested to find out its list of advantages:
- AIDA Assistant. The real highlight of the website builder is its AI-based AIDA assistant. Combined with handy drag-and-drop technology, AIDA helps create a web store in the automated mode, using information submitted upon its request. This helps cut down the time of website development and avail impressive result.
- eCommerce Engine. Bookmark comes with a powerful eCommerce engine, which makes it possible to sell online, on social media or in store. The system lets you create large web stores to sell the unlimited number of physical/digital products. It’s you, who has control over your web store performance and product management. The platform allows customizing your online store, issuing coupon codes, choosing between more than 40 payment options and real-time shipping integrations. There is also multilingual support to create different language versions of your web store.
- eCommerce Module. Bookmark offers an eCommerce module to connect a web store to the existing website and further promote it with maximum efficacy. Apart from that, the system lets you choose between eCommerce modules you can add to your online store to boost its performance and customer engagement rate. These modules can be compared to widgets in terms of functionality. These are titles, texts, links, quotes, dividers, HTML code insertions, contact and feedback forms, slide shows, galleries, audio/video elements, social network buttons etc.
- Advanced Email Feature. The website builder allows getting business-related email to give your web store credibility and professional look. Bookmark Pro email will be associated with your web store brand and will become memorable for your current and potential customers/partners. The cost of using the mailbox from Bookmark constitutes $2/mo.
You can use Bookmark for free with standard limitations, but if you really intend to start a feature-laden online store, you will have to upgrade to one of its standard plans. In this respect, Business Plan will be the best solution as it grants an opportunity to start an eCommerce website at $24.99/mo.
Jimdo – Affordable eCommerce Website Builder
Jimdo – is another sample of a worthy and simple website builder, which also allows starting and managing eCommerce websites. The platform stands out from the crowd due to its integrated Dolphin tool and abundance of design customization features that contribute to easy, quick and effective web design process. If you have made up your ind to start a web store with the system, hee is the list of its major advantages:
- Jimdo Dolphin. As stated above, Jimdo Dolphin automatically creates an eCommerce website for you, using information you will provide upon the system’s request. Dolphin will ask business-related questions you should answer to let it build a website for your online store. If you do everything right, you will eventually get a ready-made website in less than 5 minutes. Further customization may take some time, which depends upon the degree of website customization and your web design skills. There is no need to create website layout, design and structure – the system does that for you.
- Jimdo Editor. If you still wish to build an eCommerce website without the Artificial Intelligence, you can do that in the classic Jimdo Editor. To do that, you should select the best template from the extensive design collection the system offers, add your logo and background, edit fonts and colour palette and go for the selection of customization tools to give your website the desired look and performance.
- Complete eCommerce Customization. eCommerce websites created with Jimdo are completely customizable. The system grants tons of niche-specific properties needed to make the required website configurations. These include product display options, shipping/tax settings, Stripe and PayPal account connection possibility, return and cancellation policies, email confirmation and completed checkout messages etc. For more advanced web store customization, Jimdo offers a set of click-to-edit tools, namely multiple eCommerce templates, advanced SEO tools, shipping set up, inventory tracking options, Logo Creator, Business Listing option, extensive integration features and more.
Jimdo has a free basic account that lets you test the system’s functionality in action. When it comes to eCommerce website development, Standard Jimdo recommends using one of its paid subscriptions, the cost of which starts with $7.50/mo. Jimdo Dolphin, in its turn, also offers four paid packages, with the eCommerce plan being the most suitable solution. Its cost currently constitutes $19/mo.
If you are right about to launch an online store, using an eCommerce website builder is definitely a smart choice. These services feature the best combination of convenience, simplicity and advanced functionality. eCommerce websites created with these platforms, look appealing and reveal top notch performance. And you don’t have to be the master of coding to reach this result.
The choice of the best eCommerce website builder generally goes down to your web building needs and aspirations. To decide, which of them, however, works best for your particular project, take your time to test all the platforms. This will give you the idea of the best solution you should eventually go for.