Professional website development has evolved a lot during recent years, unveiling the unlimited web building opportunities to newbies and web design pros. Duda and WordPress are those platforms, which have gained popularity in their niches.
Each of these systems has much to offer and each of them comes with an abundance of tools, features and individual approach to the process of website creation. The systems make it possible to start and then manage quality projects, including business websites, portfolios, web stores, landing pages and more.
A Quick Snapshot:
Duda – is a DIY website builder, which has a convenient drag-and-drop editor, multiple design customization features and lots of one-of-a-kind parameters. The system is a nice pick for users with diverse web design background. Websites created with Duda have modern look and refined functionality.
WordPress – is the obvious leader in the professional web design niche. This is the Content Management System that has gained recognition of millions of web developers across the globe. The reasons for such an immense popularity include powerful integration options, outstanding design customization tools and availability of features other systems cannot offer.
Both web building platforms deserve special attention and each of them has a set of features that make them stand out from the crowd. But which of them can be considered the leader of the comparison and a better choice for most users? Which of the services is capable of covering a wide spectrum of users’ needs? That’s exactly what we are going to find out right away. Let’s get started.
1. Ease of Use
Duda. It’s hard to call Duda a complex website builder, but if you have a look at its dashboard, you’ll, probably, be puzzled with the rich choice of sections, tools and elements you’ll see there. A newbie will certainly have to get used to this structure, but this won’t take it long, anyway.
Registering with Duda is easy and quick as well – just provide the general info the system requests and get access to the control panel. Even though, the system has a 30-day trial, you won’t have to submit your credit card info. That’s another bonus users appreciate about the service.
As soon as you complete the sign up process, you’ll be offered to pick a template and proceed to its customization. This is where you may encounter the first problems. The thing is that Duda does not provide drag-and-drop functionality only. It’s major functionality goes down to HTML/CSS code editing, which eventually guarantees splendid result. If you lack coding skills, you may find the web design process somewhat complicated and time-taking. However, this is hardly a disadvantage as code editing ensures worthy and one-of-a kind result.
Finally, Duda website builder offers a Developer Mode (a user can personally explore the coding environment before making the edits), a standalone Widget Builder (this is where you can create your own apps) and a Mobile Website Builder (the extension, which grants 24/7 access to the system). Thus, Duda is a convenient and feature-laden website builder, which needs time and skills to be explored and used to the advantage.
WordPress. As a CMS, WordPress initially implies the need for the system exploration and mastering. The platform is more complicated as compared to standard website builders including Duda, but this does not mean that you won’t be able to work with it, if you are a beginner. In case you really wish to create full-featured projects, you’ll be able to launch them with WordPress after preliminary preparation.
WordPress offers simple and quick sign up process. However, you’ll have to find a proper hosting and install the system first. This doesn’t take much time as well. Right after that, you’ll be redirected to the dashboard with lots of sections and tabs meant for detailed exploration. What’s more, you’ll need to think about domain name choice as the system doesn’t provide integrated solutions. Furthermore, using WordPress is about learning the nuances of plugin/template integration processes. This also takes much effort and time, not to mention the necessity of coding awareness.
Duda vs WordPress: As a website builder, Duda looks somewhat simpler as compared to WordPress. However, it still implies time and effort investment for proper application. WordPress, in its turn, is the CMS, which obviously requires some time for exploration, but you’ll quickly get used to the system, while working with it.
2. Features and Flexibility
Duda. The website builder offers versatile and impressive set of features that are enough to create, manage, update and promote quality projects. There is no limit as to the number of web pages you can create for each website – it’s up to you to decide that. The same is about the number of websites created on one account. Here is a brief overview of features Duda offers:
- eCommerce – You can use Duda to create and manage feature-laden online stores that will be accessible on mobile and desktop devices equally well. The website builder offers multiple eCommerce designs that come with impressive product page layouts, integrated shopping cart, newsletter mailout setup option, versatile payment solutions and other must-have eCommerce features.
- Blogging – Likewise, Duda allows creating a functional responsive blog. It’s possible to add and edit content, blog pages, choose their styles and layouts, view statistics and even assign website access rights to several contributors. You can choose between two editing modes – Layout Mode to individually set up your blog structure and Post Mode to add content. This simplifies the process of blog development and its further management.
- Multilanguage Support – The platform lets you choose between multiple languages to start a website. If you are a code-aware user, you may additionally get access to web page codes to make more detailed settings for each language you use.
- InSite Tool – The tool allows web designers to add personalized and unique content to further pick the right target audience interested in it. The choice of users to target is based on a variety of factors, including location, time of the day, devices used etc. Additionally, the tool lets you display different messages in popup windows meant for users, who are browsing your website.
- Integrations – Duda provides extensive integration options, making it possible to add social network buttons to your project, post links to social media accounts, integrate social feeds etc. You can also add popular widgets to get in touch with the audience with Contact Forms, OpenTable Reservations, vCita, Disqus Comments, Maps and Multi-Location widgets being among the most popular items.
- Code Injection – Tech-savvy users will benefit from using the Developer Mode, which grants access to web page codes and makes it possible to inject your own codes to give a project completely personalized look and performance.
WordPress. The open-source CMS provides a superior set of advanced features that can give your project a completely personalized design and high end performance. Its integration and design customization options are really superb and they notably exceed those offered by other popular web building tools. Have a look at some WordPress advantages now.
- Blogging – WordPress was initially created with blogging focus in mind. Thus, its blogging features will exceed your expectations. The system lets you create and update full-featured blogs with lots of customizable posts, article scheduling feature, blog management and promotion tools and many more benefits.
- Integration – The CMS is known for its amazing extendability. It comes with lots of free plugins and themes, but there are thousands of paid and free integrations available on the web as well. Developed by third-party designers specifically for WordPress, they make it possible to effectively boost your website functionality and enhance its design. Just make sure you get these plugins and themes from trusted experts.
- Gutenberg Editor – Recent WordPress update has introduced the advanced Gutenberg Editor, which has revolutionized the approach to website development with CMS. There is no longer the need to work with the old HTML/text editor in WordPress – the new Gutenberg Editor is block-based and, thus, it lets you create your own website layout out of content blocks available in the system. In this respect, the process resembles the procedure of working with standard website builders.
- Hosting – WordPress doesn’t have integrated hosting. Users need to pick their own providers based on their special requirements. The CMS, however, has taken care of their users’ convenience, recommending them to choose Bluehost. This is a trusted host, which encompasses affordability (the cheapest plan will cost you $2.95/mo only) and extensive feature set.
Duda vs WordPress: WordPress seems to be a more functional and feature-laden choice. The CMS will work great for complex projects, while Duda will be a good solution for simple websites that do not require deep flexibility and advanced settings.
Duda. The website builder currently offers over 100 quality templates, which are free and responsive by default. The collection of the system is regularly updated with new high-end designs. They are sorted out by industry to simplify and speed up users’ choice. Search filter option is available here as well for quick and easy template access.
Duda themes are versatile, modern and quite impressive. It’s possible to completely modify their look via code injection enabled in the Developer Mode. In case you are not able to find the template that absolutely comes up to your needs, Duda offers an opportunity to select a blank theme and customize it from scratch.
As soon as you are done with template choice, you’ll be able to preview your theme to make sure you’ve made the right choice. The preview mode lets you see the way your project will display on mobile and desktop devices. Don’t worry, if you feel that the template you’ve picked does not cover your web design needs – Duda lets you switch the designs during the web development process, no matter what stage you are on.
WordPress. WordPress template collection is one of the most extensive and rich in the modern web development niche. This is because the CMS does not offer built-in themes by default, but it also allows integrating external designs. There are hundreds, if not even thousands of them, on the web. These themes are specially developed for WordPress by other web designers and you can find almost any theme to fit your needs and project focus.
You can choose from free and paid WordPress templates. The latter are more secure as free themes sometimes pose treat to your project, coming with malware and malicious codes. What’s more, some templates have become incompatible with the system after the introduction of the Gutenberg Editor. The best way to avoid that is either to check all the template parameters and its optimization for the latest WordPress version in advance or use the universal Twenty Nineteen theme WordPress has released along with the Gutenberg Editor. The latter comes with multiple design customization settings you can use to give the selected theme the required look and functionality.
Duda vs WordPress. WordPress is the undeniable leader in terms of template choice. While Duda designs collection involves around a hundred themes, WordPress can boast thousands of templates. The CMS also goes first, when it comes to design customization – its advanced Gutenberg Editor lets you give the project refined look. Both systems, however, grant code access, which notably extends template customizability.
4. Customer Support
Duda. Despite the simplicity of the system, it delivers quality customer support assistance. Along with the step-by-step tutorials available in the knowledge base, the website builder allows using the ticketing service, watching webinars that provide detailed videos and guides on how to use the system.
Duda’s Help Center covers the most widespread topics most users are interested in. This is where you will find lots of questions and answers to them in separate sections and categories. A convenient search filter option helps cut down the search time, which is a handy option as well. Duda also has a blog with helpful articles and a live chat that lets users get immediate answers to their urgent questions.
WordPress. There is no official tech support in WordPress, but the system boasts an amazingly extensive worldwide community of users. There are thousands of tutorials, manuals, video and text resources, guides as well as blogs, forums and channels, where you can find exhaustive information about the platform.
Despite such a variety of WordPress sources, this is not sufficient sometimes, especially for first-timers. As a result, they still face the need to explore the CMS independently to find out its nuances and special characteristics. This is not an easy task, so, if you feel unsure about creating projects with the CMS, you may consider choosing a website builder instead.
Duda vs WordPress. Duda has a more easy-to-access and informative customer support service. Along with the Help Center and extensive Knowledge Base, the system also offers live support, which is a truly undeniable advantage. WordPress, in its turn, abounds in online tutorials, but they don’t have official customer support.
5. Pricing Policy
Duda. The website builder has a free trial period that extends for 30 days. Afterwards, users will have to upgrade to one of paid subscriptions. There are 3 of them here, namely:
- Basic ($14/mo) – includes 1 website, free SSL Certification and email support;
- Team ($22/mo) – includes the terms of the Basic Plan plus live support and opportunity to collaborate with 4 members;
- Agency ($74/mo) – includes the terms of the Team Plan plus 8 websites, website export option and custom branding.
Additionally, the website builder offers standalone eCommerce add-ons meant for users willing to launch online stores. The prices of the add-ons are listed below:
- 10 product store – free;
- 100 product store – $7.25/mo;
- 2500 product store – $19.25/mo.
And that’s not it. Duda also has a superior White Label Plan for entrepreneurs and web agencies, who intend to use the system features under their own branding. The solution encompasses several offers, such as Tiered Discount Pricing, Dedicated Account Manager, Unlimited API Access & Advanced Support etc. The cost of each option is discussed independently with the system managers.
WordPress. The CMS is free – this concerns its download, installation and standard feature set. However, you’ll need to invest into hosting, domain name and paid extensions. Thus, a standard .com domain name will cost you around $10-$15 per year with the prolongation term offered at $5-$15 more based on the system you deal with. WordPress also implies the need to buy plugins and templates needed to boost your website performance. The cost of these extensions differs with regard to their parameters.
Speaking about the choice of a trusted hosting provider, it depends upon the service you will go for. There are lots of hosts available out there, but WordPress itself recommends using >Bluehost. This is one of the most reputable hosting providers, which encompasses multiple advantages, extensive set of features and affordable pricing. The cheapest Bluehost Plan that involves an opportunity to start one project with unlimited traffic, 50GB of disc space and free SSL Certificate, will cost $3.95/mo only. That’s more than a generous offer, indeed.
Duda vs WordPress. When comparing the systems with regard to the pricing aspect, it should be noted that Duda offers fixed pricing, while the cost of using WordPress may differ with regard to your needs – hosting plan, domain name as well as number of plugins and themes chosen for integration.
Duda and WordPress are two web building tools that use different approaches to the process of website development. While Duda is a website builder that offers a standard feature set, WordPress is the renowned Content Management System that unveils multiple advantages and design customization freedom.
Duda – is a cloud drag-and-drop website builder, which allows creating responsive websites and offers a rich feature set that covers multiple web design needs. Duda works well for web designers and coding experts, who may use the advanced code access feature, while working on their projects.
WordPress – is the CMS that has won popularity with millions of users around the world. Offering powerful plugin integration options, unlimited template choice, versatile website editing and and high end customization tools, the system definitely deserves the best reviews.
The decision regarding the choice of the best web building tool should still be based upon your web design needs, skills and result you wish to avail in the long run. Duda will be a worthy choice for simple websites as it doesn’t require much effort and time for exploration. However, it lacks flexibility and depth of design customization settings. WordPress is a more preferable solution, if you plan to design a full-featured website. It comes with unlimited functionality, thousands of themes, plugins and add-ons, but it also requires certain web design background to avail high end result.
Overview Comparison Chart
|Ease of Use:|