There are myriads of web building options for creative designers, who have an intention to develop website for personal use as well as for professional web designers, who need functional tools to create portfolios or client websites with maximum efficacy and minimum investment of effort and time.
Experience, knowledge and skills matter a lot as well – the more proficient in web design you are and the more complicated the project is, the more advanced programs you have to use.
An important factor to consider is that both user groups generally tend to look for simpler web building tools. Newbies just need skills and practice to use more complicated programs, while web design pros usually have many tasks and face the necessity to search for a solution that will boost their productivity without compromising with the quality and professional look of projects they work on. Website builders prove to be the only reasonable solution for both groups of web developers. Here is why.
Website Builders for Designers
Website builders are special programs that come up to web design tasks better than other available web building tools. These services are initially built with the needs of non-techies in mind. Consequently, the tools, features and general web design approach they offer are geared towards the simplification of website creation procedure.
Likewise, there are website builders, which are more complicated in use and, thus, come up to the needs and requirements of proficient web designers. They let you build quality websites with no hassle and time loss at all. Many of them offer professional tools and features that will contribute to the performance and design of projects you work on without taking much of your time. So, if you are a web designer working on the development of portfolios and client websites, you should definitely try this option.
Whatever web design skills and background you have, you’ll be interested to find out the reviews of the best website builders that stand out from the crowd due to their quality and excellent performance. Have a look at them now to decide on the most suitable web building solution.
Wix – is the all-in-one website builder, which is an ideal choice for all web designers, irrespective of the available experience and programming knowledge. The system enjoys the utmost popularity with proficient web developers and newbies across the globe (over 147 million of registrations and 3,5 million of premium users). It allows building different types of websites from scratch and delivers the unsurpassed web design experience one can get when using the services of this kind. Wix offers a set of features and tools to cover the needs of both user categories. Take a look at some of them now.
- Template Collection. Wix is one of the niche leaders, when it comes to the number of templates and their quality. The website builder currently offers over 550 themes, which are 100% customizable and mobile ready. This is the feature that appeals to newbies, who can choose any depth of template customization and number of tools needed for their projects.
- Wix ADI. Newbies, who choose Wix as the web building tool, mostly give preference to the Artificial Design Intelligence feature that allows creating websites in the automated mode without a line of coding required.
- Visual Effects. Wix offers a set of visual effects, integration of which will give your project extra performance and enhanced design. Some of the visual effects Wix can boast include parallax scrolling, transitions between pages, custom animations, mouseover effect, video background, 3D moving elements and animations, the use of live videos etc.
- Apps for Non-Tech Savvy Designers. You can visit Wix App Market to pick and use applications and add-ons that will simplify the web design process. Thus, you can choose HTML iFrame/Embed App, Custom Logo Design and many more.
- Standard Website Editor. Proficient web designers are mostly interested in using standard Wix editor that allows for higher degree of manual website customization and flexibility of choice.
- Wix Arena. This is the community of designers, which allows for better interaction between professional designers and users, who are interested in mutual cooperation. By joining the community, freelance designers may find new clients and get special Wix offers.
- Wix Code. This is the integrated web app builder, which lets you independently design applications for your website. Regardless of the name of the tool, Wix Code is meant for all user categories and does not imply any degree of coding awareness.
- Ascend by Wix. The free feature allows specialists get access to more than 20 tools available all in one place. They are helpful, when it comes to starting, managing and promoting your business.
Cost: Wix has a free plan, which will come in handy to non-techies willing to test the major system features and practice the skills. The plan allows creating the unlimited number of websites, but it has certain restrictions that prevent users from launching full-featured projects. To do this, you can choose between paid Wix subscriptions, the cheapest of which will cost you $4.50/mo. The price of the most advanced plan constitutes $24.50/mo.
uKit – is the best choice for non-techie designers due to its impressive ease-of-use, convenience and affordability. At the same time, it has much to offer web designers involved in the development of websites for clients. Listed below are the features that make uKit a perfect solution for everyone.
- Responsive Designs. When launching a website with uKit, you don’t have to bother about creating a separate mobile version of it to fit versatile mobile screens. All the templates provided here are responsive by default. The template change option is available here as well to let you switch the templates without content loss any time. This is what newbies appreciate most about the service. The preview option will let you see the result before publishing it.
- Font Selection. If you wish to keep your website design concise and clear, then uKit will help you do that by choosing between two available fonts only. Such limitation is explained by the orientation of the system on newbies. It lets them manually pick 2 fonts for a heading and the rest of the text as well as set up the display options. This is very convenient for beginners.
- Widget Collection. uKit offers an extensive collection of widgets, integration of which can effectively boost the performance of any website. Some of them are LiveChat, Timer, Callback widget, SoundCloud, MailChimp, Slideshare, Google Maps, social accounts etc. Integration of these widgets saves your time and delivers perfect result without requiring coding knowledge.
- Video Background. You can select and install the video background at the website to give it extra allure and better visual appeal. This is done by adding a link from the chosen video source and configuring the display parameters.
- Table Sheets. The Pro Tables widget uKit offers lets professional designers create and fine-tune different types of tables, adjusting their parameters right in the dashboard. It also lets users set up preview images for social networks and online messengers.
- Special Service Tools. With uKit, you can select and integrate specialized service tools that will add performance to the website. Thus, you can activate an individual website version for visually-impaired people (one click only is enough to do that), create any 404 web page design you need, activate block animation, install map marks to specify your company branches in different locations.
- AmoCRM Integration. The advanced AmoCRM system helps keep track of clients and deals as well as boost the amount of sales. It may require certain programming skills to add this feature to your uKit-based website.
- Temporary Website Management Rights. This feature will come in handy to web design agencies and teams, which work on the development of custom-made projects. It allows granting access to team members you work with to let them make edits at the website, view analytics reports, configure SEO parameters. Shared access rights can extend for up to 999 days. What’s important, special management rights (like viewing payment details or billing history, for example) will belong to the owners only.
Cost: uKit isn’t free – it just has a free trial that lasts for 14 days. This time is enough to find out and test the major features of the platform. As soon as you decide to keep working with the service, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions, the cost of which starts with $4/mo for the most cost-effective plan to reach $12/mo for the most expensive plan. It goes without saying that uKit pricing policy is really affordable and surprising, considering the feature set provided.
WordPress – is the Content Management System, which is familiar to designers, who has ever been interested in website building. The platform has gained worldwide popularity due to the abundance of design customization tools, extensive integration options, rich plugin and template cholice. Let’s see what the system has to offer to first-time users and web design experts.
- Easy-to-Use Interface. The interface of the system is quite simple and understandable. It makes it easy for newbies to add new pages, crop and insert images, add posts etc.
- Built-In Templates and Plugins. For those users, who have not worked with the system before, WordPress offers a set of built-in templates and plugins. Their choice and integration doesn’t require coding knowledge. Mind, however, that this collection is pretty limited and makes all websites similar to each other because of the same structure.
- Blogging. WordPress was initially created as a blogging system. Hence, its feature set is geared towards the development of this type of website. Adding and managing blog posts is easy and quick – right what beginners need!
- Extensive Integration Options. If you can boast web design skills, you will certainly be interested in integrable templates and plugins. They will notably enhance your website design, but their installation may require certain degree of web design awareness. Among decent samples of WP plugins for designers, it makes sense to mention TablePress, Visual Composer, Beaver Builder, WP Touch Mobile, WP Retina2x, Elementor Page Builder, Meta Slider, Slideshow, Contact Widgets, Custom Facebook Feed, Instagram Feed, Easy Google Fonts, YouTube Plugin, Responsive Lightbox by dFactory and more.
- Design Customization Freedom. The use of programming skills ensures design customization freedom. WordPress allows for code editing options, which gives you an opportunity to develop, manage and update unique and impressive projects.
Cost: WordPress is free for everyone.You can download and install it at no cost. It’s even possible to launch simple sites with it for free. However, to deeply customize your projects, you’ll have to integrate external templates and plugins that are available in free and paid variants. Additionally, you won’t go without getting hosting and domain name for your ready-made website. This is also a paid service. Fortunately, the use of trusted hosting providers like the official WordPress Bluehost allows cutting down these expenses. Thus, the cheapest Bluehost plan will cost you $2.95/mo + domain name as a gift – that’s definitely a reasonable offer!
Ucraft – is a popular website builder that offers a diversity of web design options both to non-techies and professionals. The system is quite easy-to-use, yet there are more complicated customization options that will be appreciated by the experts to the advantage. Ucraft allows for web design freedom without compromising with convenience and functionality. Here are the main highlights of the system.
- Responsive Templates. Ucraft templates are responsive and easy-to-customize. Their selection is quite impressive, although, other website builders offer more designs to choose from. There is also an opportunity to pick a blank template and create individual website look with modern flat design and customizable full-screen content blocks.
- Ready-Made Content Blocks. Ucraft offers a collection of pre-designed content blocks, integration of which doesn’t take any effort, time or programming skills. Among the blocks you may choose for your website, the following are the most popular: header, footer, feedback form, gallery and contact details to mention a few.
- Widget Selection. Ucraft widgets are called “Elements”. They can be used for a variety of purposes based on your project specialization and web design objectives. Widespread elements include posts /post categories, webpage menu, map, video, countdown timer, image gallery, Soundcloud, image slider, text, icon, separator and more.
- Free Landing Page Creator. Inexperienced users will find it convenient to use free landing page templates to create this type of website. The creator comes with ready-made blocks you should adjust to get a functional landing page.
- Free Logo Maker. If you need a killer logo to boost your brand popularity, creating a unique one for your business won’t be a problem with Ucraft. The system offers a set of icons you can comprise to design your logo or upload the existing one to further customize it.
- Multilanguage Support. Ucraft grants multilanguage support to any websites created with the service. This means that you can launch several language versions of your project without writing a line of code.
- Third-Party Integrations. Awareness of programming skills makes it possible for designers to choose and then integrate external extensions, widgets and add-ons into their projects. The choice of integrations is pretty rich and you can use them for promotion, marketing and website analytics purposes (Jivosite, Facebook Messenger, Disqus, Intercom, LiveAgent, Zendesk Chat, Uservoice are some of the best examples).
- Designer Tools. The website builder offers a complete set of Designer Tools needed to create unique and attention-grabbing design. By using Typography, UI Kit and Layout, you’ll be able to deeply customize your website, thus boosting its performance. These tools let you adjust each website element by changing the fonts, sizes, styles, colors, dimensions etc.
- Articles App. The application allows using Ucraft as a blogging platform. By using it, you can write and post unique articles, schedule their publications, add news, update the available articles to create your own community.
- White Label. For those web designers, who are going to set up their own website builder-based businesses, Ucraft unveils a chance to use the White Label tool. It grants an opportunity to use the entire feature set of the system under your brand name to boost the efficacy of business promotion.
Cost: Ucraft currently offers both free and paid plans. The free plan is never-expiring, but it doesn’t work for creating full-featured websites at all. Paid subscriptions include three options, the cost of which starts with $10/mo and reaches $39/mo. It is also possible to build a landing page here at no cost at all, irrespective of the available web design skills.
Bookmark – is a powerful and advanced cloud website builder, which is based on the use of the Artificial Intelligence Tool. The website builder comes up to various web design tasks and will come in handy to different user categories. It also grants extensive eCommerce options, which notably expands its sphere of application. The main advantages of the website builder are enlisted further.
- AIDA Assistant. Due to Bookmark AIDA Assistant, even a beginner will be able to start a decent website with the website builder. The tool uses business information a user provides, when answering the questions the system generates. This information is further applied to automatically design a website.
- Modules. These are the analogues of standard widgets, integration of which can add performance and visual appeal to your project. You can choose between standard and eCommerce modules. The most popular samples include texts, HTML code insertions, titles, images, galleries, social network buttons, slide shows, videos/audios, links, buttons, maps, quotes, dividers, feedback and contact forms, files for downloading etc.
- Manual Website Editing. Right after your website is launched, you can manually edit and update it by using the tools available in the dashboard. The website editor encompasses the working area and the sidebar, where you can find website settings and design customization tools.
- Focus Tool. The Focus section provides access to a set of ready-made content blocks you can adjust to form the website layout. Among the modules you can pick and add to your website, it makes sense to mention texts, feedback and contact forms, quotes, maps, links, social network buttons and more.
- eCommerce Platform. Proficient web developers can make use of the eCommerce platform Bookmark has in its disposal. The set of tools, eCommerce features and settings makes it possible to create and manage small-to-large online stores here.
Cost: Bookmark has a free plan, which is a huge advantage for first-time users looking for a simple yet powerful web building tool. You can test the system for free as long as you need, but your rights and design customization options will be limited. To make use of the system’s special features, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid options available here. Paid plans will cost you $11.99 and $24.99 per month, if you decide to get an annual subscription at once. Otherwise, monthly prices will be somewhat higher, constituting $15 and $30 for the corresponding plans.
With such an increasing demand for quality online presentation, there are many people, who face the need to get a website for commercial or non-commercial use. Some people try to cope with website development on their own, looking for simple web design tools and affordable options. Others decide to turn to professionals to save their time and effort. No wonder, most web designers are overloaded with complicated projects and they are also searching for quality tools to help them complete the tasks on time and with maximum efficacy.
The use of website builders is a nice solution to everyone, who encounters these problems and wants to boost productivity and speed of the web building process. Contemporary website builders help solve a broad spectrum of tasks, ensuring decent result.
TOP Website Builders for Designers:
Wix is the best website builder for newbies and professional designers. This all-in-one system comes with a rich selection of templates optimized for mobile viewing, diversity of design customization tools, affordable plans, intuitive dashboard and user-friendly interface. The service also offers guidelines and tutorials to help its users master all the features.
uKit is the easiest and the most affordable website builder you can find in the contemporary web design industry. The system ensures maximum simplicity and convenience that do not compromise with functionality. It is mainly used to build small business websites, but you can also choose the service to launch other projects.
WordPress is the most popular CMS that appeals to millions of users across the globe. The system is free for everyone, yet it implies the need of plugin and external template integration. It is quite easy-to-use even for beginners, but there is an opportunity for web design pros to improve their skills by using code editing options here.
Ucraft is a cloud website builder, which works great for the development of business websites, blogs, landing pages, web stores and portfolios. The website builder is suitable due to advanced set of designer tools, eCommerce options, multilingual support, free logo maker and landing page creator.
Bookmark is the AI-powered website builder, which stands out from the crowd due to the diversity of design customization options, individual approach to the web design process, integrated eCommerce engine and intuitive web building nature. The system is a great choice both for users, who don’t have any web design experience.
Website builders reviewed above are the best services professional web designers and non-techies may choose. They are easy-to-use, but they also offer a rich feature set to cover all the possible web design needs. We recommend testing each of these systems to decide, which of them comes up to your project specifications and requirements most of all.