Deciding on the best hosting for a website is a challenge. Which one will suit all your project requirements? Which hosting company can provide enough features and special perks to bring your website idea to life?
SiteGround and Bluehost have proved to be the #1 considering a pack of great functions. We are here to review both and pick the best hosting solution for versatile needs.
A Quick Snapshot:
Bluehost – is an undoubted leader, recommended by WordPress.org. Established in 1996, the company boasts years of experience. It powers over 5 million sites globally. Users can benefit from a bunch of useful features, great customer support, flawless performance, security, etc. The platform comes with some unique options like WordPress customization and support in addition to numerous scripts plugins and other instruments to ensure great performance and running speed.
SiteGround – takes pride in 14 years of flawless hosting service provision and 1,800,000+ domains powered. The platform is known for its award-winning uptime and security. It meets the requirements despite the website type or project. It can be a good pick for small online projects such as blog or portfolio as well as for more complicated eCommerce and business websites. Users can choose from multiple hosting services. They include Linux-based cloud and shared server solutions.
Both companies are the leaders in the niche. On the other hand, Bluehost might still be a better option than SiteGround especially for those who crave for more flexibility and versatility. Let’s find out, who will be the winner in our SiteGround vs Bluehost comparison.
1. Hosting Features
Bluehost delivers a huge selection of features for different projects of any size. Apart from fast page load and great uptime, it might turn out to be a great choice for beginners as well as experienced technicians who crave for extended capabilities delivered by access to SSH and FTP files. The core Bluehost features are as follows:
- Ease of Use – Newbies will appreciate the company’s user-friendly and intuitive control panel. Also known as the cPanel, it has all the necessary tools in one place easy to access. It means no complicated tables or elements that are hard to identify.
- Customization Tools – Are you looking for an endless selection of scripts, apps or plugins? All you need is to access the Bluehost marketplace with a wide array of applications and add-ons to customize your website.
- A Set of WP-Oriented Features – The native ManageWP tool comes as a custom WordPress control panel with a recognizable WP dashboard that is easy to use.
- SEO and eCommerce Features – Users can benefit from a range of ready-to-use SEO strategies as well as consult Bluehost specialists in the matter of search engine optimization. If you need a solid web shop, Bluehost comes with essential features like a free SSL certificate, third-party integrations with different systems like Zen, Agora, etc. Moreover, digital store owners can access a huge community of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs with the help of Bluehost app for business websites.
SiteGround is also a good choice for those who use different CMS platforms. At the same time, it is also recommended by WordPress.org, which means plenty of different website building tools in addition to its own free website builder. The main features include:
- Website Migration – The company makes it easy to transfer an already existing website to a new hosting provider. The service is absolutely free. However, you will not find an automated site migration tool within the dashboard. The service is available only via customer support.
- Website Building Tools – SiteGround works well for different types of CMS. It offers a wide array of WordPress customization tools though not as much as Bluehost. If you want to build a project from scratch without special skills, benefit from SiteGround simple drag-and-drop website builder.
- Features for eCommerce – SiteGround delivers a single eCommerce solution with 18 built-in business apps and tools. It means that you do not need to pack your pages with third-party services and decline the average website loading speed. Unfortunately, those features are available for Reseller plan subscribers only.
- Additional Options – SSL certificates, constant plugin updates, great security means, marketing tools, and unlimited email accounts will also be a good addition.
Bluehost vs Siteground: both platforms are flexible enough to handle various types of online projects. Both are recommended by WordPress and appear to be a good choice for different types of CMS. However, Bluehost still looks more promising when it comes to eCommerce and SEO features in addition to a wider selection of WP-based apps and add-ons.
Bluehost has proved to do its best when improving the level of performance. Although some questions to this particular issue several could arise several years ago, Bluehost made everything possible to ensure 100% secure and fast website running.
- Page Load – The average rate has increased over the years. The latest tests in 2018 have revealed 424ms, which is the 5th best result among all hosting providers globally.
- Uptime – The uptime rate is very close to perfection. 99.99% put the hosting provider to the top list. We should also mention constant system updates and backups. Bluehost automatically detects and eliminates all possible malfunctions.
- CloudFlare Powered CDN – Bluehost comes with an effective content delivery network powered by CloudFare. In other words, all content you publish on the websites is optimized to reach the target audience faster.
- Data Centers Worldwide – the company has about 23 data centers located in different parts of the world including Asia, Europe, and America.
SiteGround is known for its self-crafted server solutions. They are used to guarantee flawless site running even during critical traffic spikes.
- Page Load – The average rate is 714ms. Not the best one actually though it is still good enough to ensure good content delivery.
- Uptime – The uptime rate is very good at depicting 99.99%.
- Solid State Drives – Each and every plan delivered by the company comes with SSD technologies. They ensure 1000-times higher performance when it comes to input and output website operations if compared to regular drives.
- Several Data Centers to Choose from – SiteGround promises to provide data centers as close to website owner location as possible. They are situated in different parts of the world including London, Chicago, Singapore, and Amsterdam to provide maximum global coverage.
Bluehost vs Siteground: Bluehost obviously boasts higher page load speed. This factor can be crucial in the overall site performance and users’ impression. In addition, it looks like Bluehost has more data centers and slightly better technological infrastructure.
Bluehost is the best option if you need a secured website. You will get a whole bunch of basic digital security means in addition to some top-notch add-ons and features. We should highlight the platform’s three-layer anti-spam security system consisting of three major components:
- Spam Expert.
- Spam Hammer.
- Apache Spam Assassin.
The hosting provider some with a wide array of extra means and tools such as:
- IP blacklist and Site Access Blockage.
- Integration with CloudFare.
- SSH access.
- DDOS protection and more.
SiteGround does not seem to stay behind Bluehost when it comes to digital security options. The hosting provider does its best to ensure 100% protection from DDOS attacks in addition to malware monitoring, SSL encryption, constant site backups and more. The core security features include:
- HackAlert – The platform boasts its own early-warning malware scanning system. Its main mission is to predict, eliminate and detect the slightest digital threat,
- IDS/IPS System – SiteGround has an effective system that blocks hackers or malicious bots.
- DDOS Protection – Firewall filtering protects user’s software and hardware from DDOS attacks. SiteGround uses tools that determine the number of failed logins as well as exceeded connections from a single remote host.
Bluehost vs Siteground: from a security point of view, both hosting providers look flawless. They follow the latest technological trends to establish a safe and smooth website running.
4. Customer Support
Bluehost has a pool of dedicated experts to get in touch on any issue. They are available round the clock. At the same time, the platform offers several instant ways to solve the problem. They include:
- Live Chat.
You can use the above-mentioned whenever you urgently need to resolve the issue. The company also has email support, though no response time is given. It uses a simple ticketing system. WordPress support is also available for those who have WP-based websites in addition to how-to guides, articles, and local users’ communities.
Siteground support team tries to review very claim as fast as possible. They use several ways to interact with their customers.
- Live Chat for an instant resolution.
- Phone for urgent calls.
- The ticketing system is available via emails. The average response time is 10 minutes, which is just fine.
Users will also appreciate regular webinars, tutorials and other sources of information available.
Siteground vs Bluehost: once again, we have a draw. Both hosting providers work pretty hard to establish users’ satisfaction delivered by multiple channels to provide sophisticated assistance on any issue.
5. Pricing Policy
Bluehost customers can choose from 4 basic plans. They all come with unlimited bandwidth, WordPress updates and SSL certificates. Basic plan prices are as follows:
- Basic Plan – $2.95 per month.
- Plus Plan – $5.45 per month.
- Choice Plus – $5.45 per month.
- Go Pro – $13.95 per month.
For more complicated projects, website owners can choose:
- Cloud Hosting costing from $6.95 to $15.95 depending on the GB of RAM and SSD storage.
- VPS Hosting costing from $19.99 to $59.99 featuring free SSL encryption and up to 3 TB of bandwidth.
- Dedicated Hosting costing from $79.99 to $119.99. The plan price will depend on the number of IP addresses you will use as well as the specifications of your hardware.
- Linux Reseller Hosting costing from $10.99 to $25.49 featuring marketing offers and unlimited email accounts.
SiteGround looks less versatile when it comes to its plans. The company offers three basic hosting packages that include:
- StartUp – it costs $3.95 per month and is a good choice for small and medium websites.
- GrowBig – it costs $6.45 per month and is a good option for those who want to launch several websites at the same time.
- GoGeek – it costs $11.95 per month for multiple websites with a pack of premium and essential features.
|Pricing Plans:||• Basic Plan $2.95/mo|
• Plus Plan $5.45/mo
• Choice Plus $5.45/mo
|• StartUp $3.95/mo|
• GrowBig $6.45/mo
• GoGeek $11.95/mo
|Features:||✔ Unlimited bandwidth|
✔ Free SSL
✔ Up to $200 for marketing offers
✔ Anti-Spam features
✔ Domain Privacy
✔ Site Backup
|✔ Multiple websites|
✔ Up to 30 GB of bandwidth
✔ Suitable for up to 100,000 monthly visitor
✔ Essential and Premium Features
✔ Free SSL
Bluehost vs Siteground: Bluehost offers more opportunities for users when it comes to its plans. Apart from shared hosting solutions, it delivers its dedicated and cloud-based services that offer better website hosting capabilities.
Bluehost and SiteGround can certainly meet the requirements of any website owner. They have proved to be reliable and safe enough to work on any project on the global web. Both hosting companies have great expertise in the niche in addition to years of experience. However, summing up, we should recommend Bluehost as the best hosting solution.
Bluehost is a renowned leader in the hosting providers’ niche. It boasts an excellent price\quality combination. For only $2.95 per month you can launch your own website with the maximum security and performance characteristics.
SiteGround is a trusted web hosting that offers a broad range of services to maintain your website is the fastest way. In-built CDN will increase the site’s speed, while cheap plans (from $3.95/mo) will save your budget.
Bluehost appears to be a bit more flexible when it comes to features. At the same time, the web hosting comes with a diverse selection of pricing plans and server solutions for ay project whether you want to launch a small website or a huge and complex digital project.
Overview Comparison Chart