Bluehost – is the proven veteran in the niche of hosting services. Launched in 1996, it has grown into the #1 web hosted recommended by WordPress.org. It means that all CMS-based website owners can benefit from amazing perks such as 1-Click installation, tons of plugging, scripts, and more. On the other hand, Bluehost being a WordPress fav is not the only thing that makes this company so special.
The platform powers more than 5 million websites worldwide. It delivers a whole bunch of amazing features in addition to affordable entry price, solid customer support, advanced applications for eCommerce projects and add-ons for enterprises eager to establish strong online representation. This time we will dive deep into all possible hits and misses performed by one of the most recognizable and trusted hosting providers.
1. Pros and Cons
The company does its best to deliver high-quality services. It introduces a pool of dedicated professionals featuring 750 of employees working 24/7. For this reason, the company seems to be a great choice although website owners should still consider some slight downsides. Let’s have a look at Bluehost pros and cons.
- Strong Uptime Rates – The average uptime rate is 99.99% during 2018 with no critical downsides even during the toughest traffic spikes. This fact puts the company to the 1st place among other hosting providers.
- Fast Page Load – Bluehost has drastically improved its performance over the last few years. It can now boast probably the fastest page load speed featuring 424ms. They managed to boost the average loading time by 300% since 2016.
- Affordable Plans – The web host offers low entry fees and prices for its plans. They are far from being the cheapest providers of server solutions, However, they still bring a good value for the entire set of features they offer.
- Security and Flexibility – Bluehost will snow you under with apps and add-ons. The platform can be easily integrated with Google Apps, CloudFlare and other global application marketplaces. Simply choose an app and install it with just a click. As for security means, Bluehost has enough means to combat hacker risks and attacks. Those means range from tools like Spam Hammer or Spam Expert in addition to hotlink protection and more.
We simply cannot miss the fact that Bluehost is the #1 WordPress.org recommended web host. It means plenty of updates and customization opportunities for all users who have WordPress-powered websites.
- No Free Website Transfer – Unlike other web hosts, Bluehost does not have a free website migration opportunity. It may be a downside for users with limited budgets.
- No Free Trial – The hosting does not actually have a free trial although it still offers a 30-day money back period. It will hardly be a problem taking into account low plan prices.
- Tricky Entry Price – The company’s basic plan will cost you $2.95 per month. You might be surprised to see the $4.95 bill after 36 days of using the host. On the other hand, $4.95 still looks like a bargain considering the features you get for that money.
Bluehost is certainly the company to opt despite some minor downside. They will never overweight an amazing set of great features and opportunities delivered by the #1 web host. Let’s have a closer look at what you can get for a good value.
2. Hosting Features
Bluehost is much more than a simple website hosting. It comes with an extended list of features and services, hundreds of apps, an array of hosting options and features for geeks who seek an opportunity to access SSH or FTP files. Have a look at the core features Bluehost offers:
- Intuitive Control Panel – If you prefer clean and user-friendly design, Bluehost will definitely meet your expectations. The cPanel is easy to navigate with all main functions in one place. You will not be forced to surf through tons of tables or sections. Finding a necessary tool is fast and easy.
- Enormous Bluehost Marketplace – Once you have logged in, you will access literally thousands of different apps, add-ons and scripts t customize your website. Form endless WordPress themes and image galleries to marketing tools, shopping carts. live chat services and more.
- Localized SEO and Content Marketing – Whether you need to increase your website’s search rank pr promote some particular pages, Bluehost offers its localized SEO strategies while a pool of experts constantly produces SEO-friendly content for your project.
- eCommerce Features – Bluehost makes it very easy to set up a solid digital store. You can opt for a Plus plan to benefit from unlimited storage and add as many products as you need. The system will provide you with an SSL certificate in addition to a variety of shopping carts such as Zen, OS Commerce, Agora, and others.
- App for Business Websites – The mobile app ensures a fingertip access to get in touch with millions of successful startuppers and entrepreneurs worldwide. You will get an access to tons of how-to guides, analytics, seasoned advice, and more.
The platform delivers everything you might need not only to host your website but also to launch a solid mobile-friendly online project from scratch. All you need is to opt for free consultations available to each and every Bluehost customer.
Bluehost seems to be working hard to improve customers’ hosting experience. The company has boosted up its page load speed if compared to previous years. The average rate is 424 ms, which puts the platform into the top 5 of fastest web hosts available worldwide.
Great uptime is another vital feature for those seeking great performance. 99.99% rate looks more than flawless taking into account regular system updates and malfunction monitoring. It all matters considering an array of hosting options provided by the company. Apart from shared and VPN hosting, users can benefit from cloud sites as well as dedicated and WordPress server solutions.
Security is certainly the field Bluehost does its best. Each website owner will benefit from three-layer anti-spam protection. It consists of three major means including:
- Spam Expert.
- Spam Hammer.
- Apache Spam Assassin.
Security means also cover users’ inbox, site access blockage, IP blacklist, SSH access, and more. You can customize your security features by changing the filters and settings. Integrate your website with CloudFlare with just a click to protect yourself from the slightest hint on DDOS attacks.
5. Customer Support
Customer service is very fast. Bluehost experts are very friendly and ready to help round the clock. The company claims to resolve any issue within 15 minutes. The team gas a special alert system that informs customers about possible downtimes in advance to let them get ready. You are free to get in touch via any of the following methods:
- Live Chat Option.
The company has separate WordPress support assistants to resolve issues related to CMS. All customers have a full access to platform’s knowledgebase highlighting tons of how-to guides, articles, and tutorials.
6. Pricing Policy
Bluehost offers three major plans for all types of hosting services. It does not matter if you need shared hosting or WordPress-specific server solution, you will be able to choose from the following plans:
- Basic Plan costing $3.95 per month (for SWB visitors – $2.95 per month) + unlimited bandwidth, free SSL and WordPress updates, and 50GB of storage.
- Plus Plan costing $5.45 per month + an unlimited number of websites, bandwidth and storage, unlimited domains and email accounts plus $200 for various marketing offers.
- Choice Plus costing $5.45 per month + all unlimited features in addition to anti-spam expert, domain privacy, and site backup.
If you crave for more extended features, you can Go Pro for only $13.95 per month and get all features from Choice Plus in addition to dedicated IP plus high-performance server.
A nice bonus: Bluehost offers every new customer a year free of domain registration (after the year it’s $12-$14 annually).
Users can benefit from some more specific server solutions depending on their website needs and requirements.
- Cloud Hosting comes with three different planc costing from $6.95 to $15.95. It can be a good solution for small and medium websites as well as for eCommerce and small business projects offering up to 6 GB of RAM and enough SSD storage to host your site files.
- VPS Hosting is a flexible hosting solution introducing several plans for those craving for more resources. The plan prices vary from $19.9 to $59.99 monthly including free SSL certificates and up to 3 TB of bandwidth.
- Dedicated Hosting is the best bet for huge and complicated web projects featuring a complex structure and tons of files to store. Users can choose from three plans costing $79.99-$119.99 depending on the number of IP addresses and CPU specs they need. 24/7 support and free SSL come with all of the three available plans.
- Linux Reseller Hosting provided by ResellerClub is a great solution for resellers searching for enhanced server resources. The price per plan ranges from $10.99 to $25.49 monthly. You will get enough space to transfer data in addition to unlimited email and cPanel accounts, marketing offers and more.
We have reviewed different hosting providers and compared them to Bluehost. So we may conclude, that Bluehost is the most featured in terms of every paragraph we have discovered here. Read them and make sure of:
The Bottom Line
Our Bluehost review has revealed plenty of great features that are certainly worth paying attention. It has everything you might look for in web host despite the website size, structure or goals.
The platform can be good for business sites, professional blogs or solid digital stores. Moreover, it is obviously the #1 choice for all sites created with WordPress CMS.
It will meet any budget expectations considering relatively low prices and a huge pack of features. It will hardly be a problem to switch between plans and opt for a more extended list o web host resources at an affordable cost. Advanced technologies ensure fast performance and security, which puts Bluehost to the top list of hosting providers.