The location of the server hosting a website is critical as it determines the site’s loading speed and overall performance. If your target audience is in the UK or EU, you must seek a website provider with close servers to ensure faster and smoother site loading speed. Here we have reviewed the top five web hosting services in the UK that stand out for fantastic performance while keeping the costs at the lowest level to cater to users with all budgets.
See five excellent solutions for effortless web hosting in the UK and determine which one wins the laurels.
HostGator: Best Options for Beginners
HostGator – has established a solid presence in the web hosting industry thanks to its impressive speed and reliability delivered at a fraction of the cost of other competitors. Furthermore, if you are looking for an affordable hosting solution with pretty unique eCommerce features, there is no need to search further. HostGator is designed with user-friendliness in mind, making it an excellent choice for small businesses and individuals searching for cost-effective hosting with little frills.
The primary advantages you will notice as a HostGator user are as follows:
- Reliable Hosting: The company claims to provide a 99.99% uptime and delivers it unconditionally. The response time is higher than the average, too.
- Richly Packed with Features: HostGator provides richer-packed plans than most competitors. It includes plenty of freebies in most packages, like website migration, SSL encryption, email accounts, limitless bandwidth, etc.
- Free Site-Building Service: Gator, the free website-building tool, is flexible and all-inclusive. It involves approximately 150 professionally-designed templates, all customisable through the drag-and-drop editor.
- Premium Security: HostGator stands out for its state-of-the-art security tools. Aside from the standard SSL encryption and server-level firewall, the solution offers to upgrade your site’s security through the SiteLock Essentials, Automated Backups, etc.
HostGator catches the eye with its versatile and extensive hosting plans. Each comes with the following starting tiers:
- Shared Hosting: Hatchling Plan at $2.75/mo;
- Cloud Hosting: Hatchling Cloud at $4.95/mo;
- WP Hosting: Starter at $5.95/mo;
- Reseller Hosting: Aluminum at $19.95/mo;
- VPS Hosting: Snappy 2000 at $23.95/mo;
- Dedicated Hosting: Value Server at $89.98/mo;
- Windows Hosting: Personal Plan at $4.76/mo.
The company provides a money-back guarantee for three hosting types: Shared, Reseller, and VPS.
Bluehost: Best WordPress Hosting
Bluehost – is the officially recommended website hosting solution by WordPress. And if you already have a WP site, the managed WordPress plans will be the best choice. A series of essential tasks, like plugin updates, core updates, etc., will be carried out by WP experts, leaving you more time to focus on crucial tasks.
Being a leading site hosting solution in the UK, Bluehost has a series of benefits. Notably, the following pros will be at your disposal:
- Intuitive UI and cPanel: The company has given much thought to turning its platform into a beginner-friendly and easy-to-use one.
- Series of Freebies: Bluehost users get free perks, including a domain name, CDN, single WordPress website transfer, SSL encryption, unmetered bandwidth, etc.
- Solid Uptime: This must be the primary thing to consider. Bluehost delivers high uptime and speedy site loading.
- Outstanding Security: Bluehost ensures top-notch, round-the-clock security through tools like resource protection, Website Firewall, hotlink and spam protection, round-the-clock malware scanning, and CodeGuard backups.
Bluehost is a leading hosting provider and one of the most cost-effective options in the market. Its starting plans are as follows:
- Shared Hosting: Basic at $2.95/mo;
- WP Hosting: Basic at $2.95/mo;
- Dedicated Hosting: Standard at $89.98/mo;
- VPS Hosting: Standard at $29.99/mo.
As for the refund policy, the company promises its UK customers their monthly repayment within 30 days after registration if they are dissatisfied with the received services.
IONOS: Most Powerful yet Affordable Hosting Solution in the UK
IONOS 1&1 – is one of the biggest hosting providers worldwide, with over nine million registered users. It stands out for delivering great value for money. All plans are packed with multiple features, some of which are free even for the starting plans. Particularly, it provides auto updates (the company carries out software and security updates), reliable Malware protection by SiteScan, Blueprint tool for importing the themes and plugins from your existing website, daily backups with one-click restores, DDoS Shield, caching solution, etc.
Being the leader among the best hosting providers in the UK, IONOS features a series of advantages you will take for granted. Particularly:
- Advanced Security Tools: Even if you are running an online store or a large business, advanced security tools will protect your sensitive data.
- Great for the UK, US, and European Users: IONOS has a range of ninety thousand robust servers in these regions.
- Possibility to Enhance Server Performance: Add extra memory and power and pay for it daily. Once you don’t need the extra power, downgrade the system instantly.
- Highest Uptime and Super Loading Speed: IONOS guarantees close to 100% availability of sites due to its geographically excessive architecture and the 360 Gbit/s data centres connectivity.
- In-Built CDN: Higher IONOS tiers have built-in CDN to automatically distribute a hosted site between different data centres worldwide and maximise the page loading speed.
Despite providing flawless website hosting for UK users, IONOS doesn’t charge much. It offers hosting services starting at just $1 per month for the first year of use. See the introductory tiers of all hosting solutions available:
- WP Hosting: Grow at $1/mo (for the first year of registration);
- Shared Hosting: Business at $1/mo (currently the cheapest offer);
- VPS Hosting: VPS S at $2/mo;
- Dedicated Hosting: A8i SSD at $45/mo;
- Windows Hosting: Business at $1/mo;
- HDD Hosting: L4i HDD at $47/mo.
As for the specialised eCommerce platform hosting offers, including Magento, WooComemrce, Shopware, PrestaShop, and OpenCart hosting, those are charged separately, mostly per the used traffic. IONOS 1&1 ensures a complete refund for the first 30 days after paying for the plan if you see the guaranteed service doesn’t coincide with what’s delivered.
Web.com: Cheap Site Builder and Hosting Solution for Small Projects
Web.com – is a straightforward site building and hosting solution that perfectly caters to UK users thanks to the geolocation of its servers. It offers a myriad of online business tools and services yet mostly caters to those of smaller sizes. The entry offers are some of the cheapest in the market, which makes the solution especially recommended for users who want to build an online presence for their small business within minutes without having tech knowledge or experience while making it within a small budget.
However, consider this option if you need Web or WP hosting, as no other hosting types are covered.
Web.com has made a positive reputation in the site hosting market. Let’s see the major pledges of its success:
- Affordability: Catered to small businesses and individuals, Web.com doesn’t charge high. Its intro offers are some of the cheapest in the market, starting at just $2.75/mo for a Web hosting plan. Besides, the company includes a free domain for the first subscription year.
- Robust Site Builder: The free in-built website builder of the company includes industry-specific templates with headings, free images, menus, and all other elements to make an impressive final result.
- Easy Installs: With Web.com, third-party apps like Magento, WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla are easy to install.
Web.com doesn’t offer the same diversity of hosting types as others on our list. And yet, the available ones come at pretty affordable costs. See the entry plans’ prices:
- Web Hosting: Basic at $2.75/mo;
- WordPress Hosting: Basic at $2.95/mo.
Web.com doesn’t support a refund policy.
HostPapa: Simple and Reliable Solution
HostPapa – has earned its place on the list of top site hosting providers in the UK thanks to its affordable plans, robust servers to keep customers’ sites afloat, and reliable 24/7 bilingual customer support. The company has over a hundred servers distributed worldwide, including London, which makes it a good choice for UK users.
HostPapa is easy to use, offers many free perks, and a simple website migration process. All this, and the one-of-a-kind web design service which automatically designs a website of any niche based on the provided information, make HostPapa appropriate for newbies.
In terms of benefits, the basic pros go as follows:
- Unmetered Storage and Bandwidth: With HostPapa, you can host as many websites and domains as you like – there’s no limitation. However, you must upgrade your plan from the introductory tier.
- Lots of Freebies: HostPapa is generous when packing its hosting plans with free perks. Aside from a free domain and site migration service, you will get several free security tools, like Cloudflare CDN, SSL encryption, and Server firewall.
- Budget-Friendly Hosting Plans: Prices for hosting a website with HostPapa start at only $2.95 per month, making it one of the most budget-friendly options in the market.
- PapaSquad: The customer support team of HostPapa is known as one of the bests in the market. They are available round the clock to assist in anything related to the company, including a free site migration service for a seamless transition to HostPapa.
HostPapa is the top choice for small businesses and individuals on small budgets. It introduces a wide array of hosting solutions, all of which have cost-effective introductory tiers. Those are:
- Web Hosting: Start at $2.95/mo;
- Optimised WP Hosting: WP Start at $2.95/mo;
- Managed WP Hosting: Launch at $19.95/mo;
- VPS Hosting: Mercury at $19.99/mo;
- Reseller Hosting: Bronze at $30.99/mo.
Aside from these pretty standard hosting types, HostPapa has a unique PapaCare+ offer, which provides personal assistance throughout the whole use of the solution. The 30-day money-back guarantee is here, too.
Finding the best website hosting provider in the UK takes time and needs some market analysis. Aside from being affordable and providing fast performance, the chosen variant must ensure access to UK-based customer assistance service. To save you time, we have surveyed the market and developed the five best options for UK users with site visitors worldwide. IONOS by 1&1 scores the highest points and wins over the others thanks to being the most reliable, powerful, and affordable option. The company ensures excellent performance of your UK-based website in all respects.