Finding a reliable web host is the first step in building a strong web presence for the website. Your mission is to find a platform that will not only store the site’s files and deliver them to the visitors’ browser as fast as possible, but also serve some extra purposes such as data transfer, storage, and domain registration in addition to a set of other features to benefit from.
You might look for a shared or cloud-based hosting solution or a platform suitable for some particular CMS (WordPress, Joomla, etc.). The choice will also depend on your budget expectations, website structure, necessary storage space, and other vital criteria to take into account. We have reviewed 5 top hosting providers that can be a good pick depending on your requirements.
Web Hosting Providers
You need to have a clear vision of what kind of web hosting solution you are looking for. For this reason, it is vital to work out your website structure in advance understanding the goals and purposes it should serve. Once you are done, consider the following:
The cheapest does not mean the best: opting for the cheapest hosting offer is hardly the best idea unless you build a website just for fun. Make sure you get what you pay for!
Hidden fees and pricing tricks: jacking up the pricing after the subscription is a natural thing for some hosting providers. They establish low prices just to attract more customers. So, beware of extra fees or hidden charges.
Reputation matters: you need to jack if the company is trustworthy enough. The Global Web lets you easily find any information about the hosting provider such as years in the market, testimonials, reviews, etc.
Some might want to consider website builders that do not require additional hosting facilities, as they come as an all-in-one solution. However, this idea will never work out for those opting for popular CMS platforms. Moreover, website builders are limited with features when it comes to website migration in case you want to leave the platform for some reason. In other words, hosting services are still the major issue for millions of publishers despite the website type. So, let’s get it started!
BlueHost – is the best hosting provider that is most keen on WordPress websites if compared to other services. It comes with a set of WordPress-oriented features making it easier to handle the setup and other operations for those who prefer one of the most popular CMS platforms. From ManageWP integration to superb WP custom control panel – let’s have a closer look at all features delivered by BlueHost:
- Special WP-specific Features – the web host comes with a native ManageWP support. The system will let you easily manage up to 5 different websites on a single basic plan right from the start. A custom control panel for WordPress comes as an easy-to-use WP dashboard featuring custom menu elements and sections.
- Free Options and Add-Ons – Bluehost offers a selection of free features. They include platform’s own free drag-and-drop website builder in addition to a free domain name. The service provider brings a selection of free scripts to choose from. They include scripts for social networks, mailing lists, blogging sections, images and galleries as well as other options to customize your website.
- Performance – despite the fact Bluehost does not share the location of its data centers, it still provides a feature for an enhanced website performance. They include VPS for WordPress sites in addition to NGINX that appears to be a leaner alternative to Apache. KVM hypervisor will prevent other users from affecting your website performance by isolating some of the specific hardware resources. The average page load speed result is 2.00 seconds.
BlueHost Cost: Bluehost has different plans to choose from. The basic plan starts from $3.95 per month (for SuperbWebsiteBuilders visitors – $2.95/mo) and is good for small and medium websites with moderate requirements. A Plus ($5.45 per month) and Choice Plus($5.45 per month) ensures unlimited website visits in addition to free SSL certificate. They are both good for complex eCommerce and other types of websites with a complex structure and tons of files to upload. There are also VPS, Cloud and Dedicated solutions for advanced websites.
SiteGround is a popular web-hosting provider with over 14 years of experience. The company powers more than 1,800,000 domain names and delivers an extended set of features in addition to great uptime, digital security means, a wide selection of plans, and more. It will be good for different types of websites from a small blog to a huge eCommerce project with a complex structure. Users can choose from Linux-based shared server solution or cloud-based hosting.
- Performance and Security – SiteGround uses its self-crafted server solutions to ensure stable website operation despite the traffic spikes. The company has data centers located in different parts of the world. It means higher page speed and file delivery to users from different countries. The page load time is 714ms while the average uptime percentage is 99.99%.
- Great Set of Features – SiteGround comes with an extended feature list form free website transfer and SSL security to unlimited emails and its own free website builder. It providers server solution with a focus on some major CMS platforms such as WordPress and Joomla. The system will take care of your plugin updates, website load speed, and overall performance.
- Integration Capabilities – SiteGround has proved to be a flexible hosting service. Integration with CloudFare’s CDN will result in better performance and website security.
- eCommerce Features – The platforms reserves some space for those seeking wider eCommerce opportunities thanks to Reseller server options. The platform additionally delivers 18 different eCommerce basic applications to choose from with no need to overload your website with multiple third-party apps.
SiteGround Cost: the starting plan will cost you from $3.95 per month for a shared hosting. The company also offers its cloud-based server solution starting from $64.00 per month.
3. 1&1 IONOS
1&1 IONOS is the largest hosting provider in Europe, which boasts over 30 years of experience and is headquartered in Germany. The service deals with over 8 millions of users across the globe and empowers more than 12 million domains. The local servers are found around the world, delivering exceptional security and performance. The host comes with multiple advanced featured geared towards providing professional hosting to website owners. Among the features that make the system stand out from the crowd, the following ones should be the first to mention:
- Dual Platform Technology – The hosting provider offers reliable dual technology, which makes it possible to retain storage and web servers on the same platform. This approach contributes to better website loading time and exceptional performance.
- DDoS Protection – The advanced DDoS protection secures your website from malware issues, hacking attacks and fraudulent actions.
- Advanced Security Measure – The system comes with enhanced SiteLock malware protection and Wildcart SSL Certification.
- Personal Consultant – The platform offers extensive customer support options, including the help of a personal consultant. It’s up to you to decide when to get in touch with the assistant to solve your system-related problems.
- Website Builder – The functions of 1&1 IONOS are not limited to hosting only as the system also makes it possible to launch and manage decent websites. It comes with the WYSIWYG editor, professional pre-designed templates, free domain connection and design customization options needed to create a worthy website.
1&1 IONOS Cost: 1&1 IONOS offers three plans to choose from. The cost of the plan starts with $1 per month during 12 months to reach $14 per month at the end of the term.
HostGator is a cloud-based hosting, which is its core advantage if compared to shared hosting providers. Cloud hosting means you do not have to worry about overloaded servers or performance speed. HostGator comes with great uptime in addition to extended customer support, scalability, affordable plans, and extra resources to access 24/7. The web host main features include:
- High Speed – while being a cloud hosting solution, HostGator boasts an A+ speed test performed by Bitcatcha. It also performed really well in the US-based regions.
- Great Uptime – HostGator introduces a reliable hosting service featuring a 100% uptime. It is one of the highest uptime tracking ratings among all web-hosting companies.
- Security and Updates – the host will take care of all necessary system updates automatically. It has an advanced malware detection system that will quickly define and eliminate the slightest problem.
- Flexibility – scalability is a great feature about HostGator. Once your website has started feeling an overload with traffic, you can easily switch between plans and instantly get extra resources without traffic loss.
- Ease of Use – unlike many other hosts offering their out-of-date cPanels, HostGator introduces its superb dashboard that is easy to manage. Users can select from various tweaks and perks to track some core website measurements and other data from behind the scene.
HostGator Cost: the hosting service is relatively cheaper if compared to other cloud-based hosting providers. The basic (Hatching Cloud) plan starts from $7.66. If you need a more resourceful solution, you can switch to Baby or Business Cloud plans costing $9.76 and $13.96 respectively.
Hostinger – is a web host that delivers good value server solutions packed with different features despite its low plan price. Although most of those features are available with premium plans only, website owners will still appreciate cool cPanel-like dashboard, free website builder in addition to some other great add-ons, features at more than just a reasonable price.
The features are as follows:
- Fast Page Load and Uptime – Hostinger performs well in the majority of cases when it comes to uptime. The average rate is 99.98%, which looks pretty good though it can go down to 99.88% especially during seasonal traffic spikes. As for the page load time, the average speed rate was 385ms during 2018.
- Money Back Guarantee – as a rule, cloud servers do not offer a free trial, unlike shared hosting providers. However, Hostinger boasts a 30-day money back guarantee, which is actually the same as a free trial option. The company lets you choose from various payment options from traditional debit/credit cards by major issuers to PayPal, Bitcoin, etc.
- Free Domain and Website Builder – although Hostinger is more of a hosting service, it still has its solid website builder that is free to use. It cannot boast the same functionality as professional SaaS platforms. However, it delivers a selection of fine templates for different types of websites that are easy to manage and customize. Premium and Business Plans let you benefit from a free domain as well.
Hostinger Cost: now we have come up to the tastiest piece of the review. The basic plan with a single shared server starts from $0.82! It includes 100GB bandwidth for a single website with a single email account. Premium shared hosting plan starts from $2.15 per month featuring unlimited websites, email accounts and bandwidth in addition to weekly backups. Business shared hosting delivers unlimited features and opportunities as an all-in-one package for only $3.45 per month.
iPage – is a hosting platform launched in 1998. It boasts decades of hosting service experience. It claims to be one of the fastest shared server hosting solutions in addition to affordable prices and unlimited features within a single available plan. The company boasts two data sharing centers and powers over 1 million domain names across the globe. The core features include:
- Performance and Reliability – the uptime rate is 99.94. You might expect a bit more from a hosting provider with years of experience. On the other hand, 5 hours of downtime within a year does not seem to be a huge problem.
- Multiple Features – unlike many other hosting providers, iPage offers a single plan to all website owners. The plan comes with a set of features including an unlimited storage space, easy-to-use control panel, vDeck dashboard, enhanced site security, round the clock malware monitoring, etc.
- Free Unlimited Domains – iPage offers a free domain. What’s more, you can kink unlimited domains to a single account. It may work out in case of 2-3 domains. But what if the user will go nuts and use 10-15 domain names, for example? Will the host handle the task?
- Free Website Builder – as for the free website builder, it will let you create a simple mobile-optimized site with not more than 6 pages.
iPage Cost: as we have already mentioned, iPage comes with a single one-size-fits-all plan that costs $2.99 per month. It includes basic features in addition to web building tools, customer support, and eCommerce opportunities.
The Bottom Line
A website hosting is the core issue of the web presence. You need to decide, which one is the best fit considering your website type, structure, goals, etc. Do you need a shared hosting or a cloud server solution to ensure high speed at any time? Do you need special features such as free domains or website building tools? Those are the questions to consider before opting for a hosting company.
TOP Website Hostings:
BlueHost is the best hosting service. It delivers a set of WP-based features in addition to its award-winning WordPress custom control panel. The server solution is good for those seeking fast page load rates, great uptime and a bunch of free options in the pack.
SiteGround is a trusted hosting company that offers both cloud hosting solutions in addition to its self-cafted Linux-based shared servers. The platform comes with a diverse selection of features for websites if any size and type.
1&1 IONOS is the German-based hosting provider, which also encompasses the features of a quality website builder. It is possible to create and host websites with the system by using multiple tools and options it offers.
HostGator is a cloud hosting solution for website owners looking for extended server resources. Automatic updates and malware monitoring system ensures high security level in addition to platform’s ease of use brought by its superb dashboard.
Hostinger is yet the cheapest offer among all available web hosting service providers. It can easily fit any budget delivering unlimited features within its premium plans. The set of functions includes free domains and a website builder.
iPage is a trusted and fast web hosting that has been delivering its customized server solutions for over a decade to over a 1 million websites. Save your time and choose single all-in-one plan with all necessary features in the pack.
One thing is the same for all web hosts: they must ensure a smooth and fast website operation despite the server load or traffic spikes. It should boast brilliant page load and uptime rates in addition to 100% reliability and set of specific features.