The website’s health relies on proper hosting in many ways, especially when it comes to projects built on WordPress. On the one hand, a free CMS platform is easy to get started, as you might not require much of capacity right from the start. A cost-effective shared hosting plan might be enough. On the other hand, you will need to manage your project from time to time despite the technical knowledge.
Plugin and theme installation, service and system updates, security, SEO – users will have to manage all of the mentioned features on their own. Unless they opt for a WordPress optimized shared server solution. With so many great offers on the web, site owners can benefit from all-in-one WP-server plans that include automatic CMS installation, plugin integration and updates, advanced security means, built-in SSL, free domain, and many other advantages that are vital when building, customizing, and going live with your WP-based project.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Shared Hosting for WordPress Website:
- Bluehost – The Best Shared Hosting for WordPress.
- Hostpapa – America’s #1 WordPress Hosting Company.
- HostGator – The Fastest Shared Hosting for WordPress.
- SiteGround – The Best Managed WordPress Hosting.
- Liquid Web – The Cheapest Hosting for a Single Website.
- Google Cloud – The Best Platform for WordPress by Google.
- 1&1 IONOS – The Largest European-based Hosting Provider.
- Hostinger – Affordable Hosting for WordPress Website.
- Godaddy – The Largest Domain Registrar + Hosting Company.
- iPage – One of The Oldest Web Hosting Provider in the World.
Each and every hosting solution can be packed with enhanced features and tools. They can differ from company to company. On the other hand, some fundamental issues define the platform’s reliability and worthiness. They are as follows:
- Page Load Time – The issue that defines the level of users experience. The faster visitors can access your website content the better.
- Uptime Rate – Availability is the key to success. The uptime rate defines whether your visitors can access the website around the clock. Make sure the rate is between 99.5% and 99.9%.
- Customer Support – Some possible errors will occur from time to time. Make sure you can always count on professional assistance to resolve any issue fast.
Now, let us have a closer look at what best WordPress shared hosting providers can offer.
Bluehost – The Best Shared Hosting For WordPress
Bluehost – is the #1 choice for millions of WP website owners for many years. Recommended by WordPress developers, it might be the perfect fit for any type of the project. Bluehost offers a full WordPress integration with its own App Market to choose from an endless selection of widgets and add-ons. Moreover, the platform boasts strong uptime rates (99.99%), fast page load speed (424ms), and more. The core features include:
- User-Friendly Control Panel – Bluehost makes it easy to handle the WordPress website building process thanks to its intuitive cPanel. Here you have all the necessary elements in one place to manage several projects at the same time. WordPress geeks will appreciate the opportunity to transform it into a WP dashboard and benefit from an interface they are used to.
- Endless Widgets and Plugins – While being a WP-specialized hosting platform, Bluehost delivers thousands of widgets and apps for WordPress websites. They are available at the Bluehost Marketplace as well as WP themes both free and paid.
- eCommerce and SEO – The platform offers localized SEO strategies and professional assistance, while eCommerce feature makes it easy to launch a digital store with as many products as you need in addition to SSL certificate, shopping cart integration, etc.
- Enhanced Customer Support – Apart from traditional ways to keep in touch with the support team, Bluehost has a pool of experts to lend a hand whenever you need to integrate analytic tools, install a new plugin or boost SEO ranks.
Bluehost WordPress hosting cost: The platform offers three major plans for shared hosting. They include Basic Plan ($2.95/month), Plus Plan ($5.45/month), and Choice Plan ($5.45/month). The Basic Plan comes with unlimited bandwidth, WP updates, 50GB of storage, free SSL certificate and free domain name. Looks like a good value for money though an upgrade to advanced plans will hardly be a tough challenge for the wallet.
Hostpapa – America’s #1 WordPress Hosting Company
HostPapa – is one of the most reputable US-based hosting providers. It offers separate WordPress-optimized shared servers to build, run, and maintain WP websites right away. Customers can benefit from a range of free features that include a 1-year domain, SSL, and more. In addition, Hostpapa insurance great performance and resourcefulness.
The key features include:
- Great Power – apart from 99.9% of uptime rate, the system guarantees fast website loading speed thanks to its enhanced content caching. Besides, you can make the most of the free CDN network that improved project speed and overall performance.
- Automated Maintenance – a crucial feature for newbies, who find it daunting to handle the installation process manually. The system offers seamless integration. It means no manual setup or configuring. Moreover, Hostpapa will handle plugin and system updates making sure you use the latest software version.
- Advanced Security – while WordPress is an open-source system, you will need something more than just an anti-spam security kit. Hostpapa has JetPack security features in each of its WP plans. First of all, it ensures faster loads, which is good for Google ranking. Secondly, it provides automatic protection from malware. The last but not least, you get advanced defense tools in the face of login and password security, protection from brute force and DD0S attacks, etc.
- WP-Oriented Support – Hostpapa boasts its exclusive customer support that is specialized in WordPress CMS. Apart from traditional ways to get in touch, the hosting provider has a 1-on-1 WordPress training program for newbies who want to pick up some WordPress skills. In addition, there is access to a huge pool of WP experts from the Papa Squad ready to lend a hand.
Hostpapa WordPress hosting cost: users may choose from 3 different plans designed for WordPress needs. They include WP Starter, WP Business, and WP Pro. Each plan comes with a free domain and unlimited bandwidth. They cost $3.95, and $12.95 respectively.
HostGator – The Fastest Shared Hosting for WordPress
HostGator – is the hosting provider that promises increased WordPress website performance in addition to 2.5X faster loading speed. Users will appreciate an intuitive control panel that makes it easy to manage all projects from a single control panel. The system automatically configures caching and CDN to let site owners benefit from enhanced performance.
Here is what you get with HostGator WP-optimized servers:
- All-in-One Solution – the platform delivers all WordPress assets you may need to build a ready-to-go site from scratch. With each plan, you get access to WP themes and templates. Users can integrate their-party services or have plugins installed and updated automatically without additional manipulations. Newbies will find it easy to manage projects thanks to a clear and intuitive control panel.
- 2.5X Better Performance – HostGator uses cloud-based technologies to deliver its super-charged architecture to the end-user. In addition, it features CDN, caching layers, and low-density servers to ensure 2.5X faster loading speed. Besides, WordPress-optimized servers are configured so that to make your WP site load faster.
- Extra Features – if you need to move your site from existing hosting to HostGator without traffic losses, local experts will do it free. Site migration and domain transfer are available at no cost. Users may also rely on experienced support specialists who will consult them on any technical issue when switching between hosting providers.
HostGator WordPress hosting cost: There are three available plans for WP-based websites. The first one is the Starter Plan. It costs $5.95 per month for a single site with up to 100k monthly visitors. The Standard Plan will cost you $7.95 per month for two websites while the Business Plan is designed for growing projects with up to 500K monthly visitors. It costs $9.95. All three plans include free SSL and free domain.
SiteGround – The Easiest WordPress Shared Hosting
SiteGround – is another recognizable platform that has been delivering its enhanced hosting services since 2004. Today, it powers over 1,900 000 domains created with the help of WordPress and other popular CMS. The platform boasts great uptime (99.99%) in addition to a faster than average page load speed (714ms). Great flexibility and an array of server solutions might look like a good choice in addition to the following features:
- WP Managed Hosting – From now, you do not have to worry about all the installed plugins for your WordPress website. The system will take care of them ensuring prompt updates, smooth running, digital security, etc. SiteGround uses mainly its own house-crafted cashing tools to ensure fast page loading.
- Simple eCommerce – Do you need to create a great eCommerce website? Forget about installing dozens of different plugins and apps. The system offers 18 basic applications in one. Simply choose the applications you might need to power your digital store and start building the website.
- Enhanced Security – Unlike other hosting providers offering some baseline security tools, Sitegorund has an advanced tracking technology that enables your website monitoring every 0.5 seconds to keep it away from any threat. In addition, users will appreciate more instruments like IP blocklists, hotlink protection, and more.
SiteGround WordPress hosting cost: although SiteGround does not have a free trial, you can claim for the money back within first 30 days. As for the available plans, they include three major packages. StartUp Plan costs $3.95/month and delivers 10GB of storage space in addition to essential features. GrowBig Plan costs $6.45 per month and includes advanced features. With GoGeek Plan costing $11.95 per month, you get all the features from the previous two plans in addition to premium tools.
Liquid Web – The Cheapest Hosting for a Single Website
Liquid Web – is a fully managed hosting provider letting users keep control over their servers and website assets. It has recently integrated Nexcess – a cloud-based platform that ensures increased performance for all WP and WooCommerce optimized server solutions. It means that users will benefit from flawless security means, exceptional speed, and scale.
The core WordPress hosting features are as follows:
- Increased Website Performance – apart from Nexcess high-performance platform we have already mentioned earlier, Liquid Web also uses the latest PHP 7 version in addition to Nginx integration. Extra features include automatic image compression and other configurations aimed at boosting loading speed and overall website performance.
- Fully-Managed WordPress Hosting – the system automatically makes your site copies as well as plugin updates. You do not need to handle backups. Moreover, the system provides a developer’s access and tools delivered through WP-CLI, Git, and SSH.
- Staging Site Feature – an award-winning option for those who want to test their projects before going live. The system provides users with a staging site making it possible to check all the features and the way it runs under real-life conditions.
- Free Site Migration – a vital feature for those who want to leave their current platforms for a fully-managed WordPress solution provided by Liquid Web. Local experts will do the migration without any downfalls or traffic loss. If you still have doubts regarding the site migration, the local team of WordPress experts will consult you on any issue.
Liquid Web WordPress hosting cost: the system boats probably the widest selection of WP-optimized plans. They are designed to meet both individual and enterprise needs. The first three packages consist of Spark, Maker, and Builder plans. They let you manage form 1 up to 25 websites within a single subscription. The monthly prices are $19, $79, and $149 respectively. Companies looking for extra resources and increased capacity may choose from Producer, Executive, and Enterprise plans. They cost $299, $549, and $999 per month with up to 250 websites, 10TB of bandwidth, and 800 GB of storage.
Google Cloud – The Best Platform for WordPress by Google
Google Cloud – is the hosting platform designed generally for enterprises. The service can boast a list of well-recognizable customers including such companies as Coca-Cola, PayPal, eBay, and others. At the same time, WordPress users may also benefit from WP-optimized server solutions and try a unique pay-as-you-use pricing model.
Let’s have a closer look at what Google Cloud Platform may offer in terms of hosting options:
- Round-the-Globe Network – the system has data centers located in more than 20 countries across the world. They include not only the United States and Canada but also Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, South America, etc. This fact ensures wider users’ outreach and faster content delivery despite your location.
- Great for Enterprise Users – needless to say, Google Cloud uses high-end cloud technologies that guarantee increased performance. It delivers cloud computing services to companies and growing businesses. On the other hand, it might not work for users who launch small websites as a hobby.
- Open-Source Commitment – the platform makes a huge contribution to some of its popular open-source projects that include Android, Kubernetes, and some others. It means that you may move your website or application to another cloud without being stuck.
- Exclusive Pricing Policy – with Google Cloud you will not find typical plans with fixed prices and a list of features. The system introduces the pay-per-use model. In other words, you can manage your hosting costs depending on the sources and capacity required by the project.
Google Cloud WordPress hosting cost: as we mentioned earlier, the pricing policy differs from that we are used to. Users may choose from a Self-Managed WordPress hosting on Google Compute Engine or import the website code directly to the engine. There is a 12-months free trial that already includes $300 Google Ad credits. Then you will need to pay for the actual hosting usage on per-second increments.
1&1 IONOS – The Largest European-based Hosting Provider
1&1 IONOS – is a green hosting platform that uses energy resources to power WordPress websites in the most responsible way. Apart from energy-efficient technologies, users will benefit from flexible WP-optimized plans good for different website types. Either you need to launch a small blog or want to sell products online featuring WooCommerce integration, 1&1 IONOS has some good features to offer.
The main benefits include:
- Green Hosting – 1&1 IONOS is among a few platforms that take care of the environment. It uses efficient resources including solar and wind energy to power thousands of websites. Such technologies are available for each data center located in different parts of the world.
- WordPress-Optimized Servers – the system runs on PHP 7 with integrated NGINX configured to meet specific WordPress needs in terms of load speed and site performance. 1&1 IONOS guarantees from 2GB of RAM 360 Gbit/s connectivity ensure by fiber optic.
- Advanced Data Storage – keep your website data stored with the help of SSD technology. It is 50% faster if compared to HDD, which means faster page load speed and higher search engine ranks.
- Personal Account Manager – apart from the extensive knowledge base, 1&1 IONOS customers can benefit from their personal support managers who are dedicated WordPress experts. The service is available along with other free features that include SSL, domain name, email accounts etc.
1&1 IONOS WordPress hosting cost: the system lets all users benefit from a $1-deal. You can subscribe to any of the three WP plans for only $1 for a 12-months period. When that period is expired the prices will be as follows: the Essential plans for smaller projects and blogs cost $9 per month, the Business plan is for larger websites featuring more bandwidth, storage and plugins. The Pro plan is the last package costing $15 per month to manage up to 5 growing projects.
Hostinger – The Cheapest Hosting For WordPress Websites
Hostinger – is a cost-effective hosting solution for users seeking a pack of baseline features at a low price. Although it does not boast the same WP functionality as the platforms above, it has everything you might need from the start and will certainly meet your budget expectations. It is yet the cheapest offer on the market with some great WP-based perks:
- Automated WP Installer – You can switch to the WP dashboard once you have entered Hostinger account. The system offers several options from the start with an automated WP installer. Users can handle the installation process manually as well. Simply add the website’s URL and name, while the WP installer will download the latest WP version and adapt it to your server environment.
- Hosting Plans Designed for WordPress – Customers can choose from several basic plans at an affordable price. Moreover, the platform has some specially designed WordPress plans with some specific hosting options. The price is the same, but the WP plans are optimized for the world’s most popular CMS.
- Great Performance – Hostinger has proved to be a reliable server solution with high uptime rates and page load speed. As for the uptime, the average rate is 99.98%. which is very close to the industry leaders. As for the page load speed, the latest results were 315ms.
Hostinger WordPress hosting cost: If you have a limited budget, the basic plan with a single shared server can be a good option costing only $0.82. For this price, you will get 100GB bandwidth for a single website. Are you craving for extended web server capabilities? Premium Plan will cost you from $2.15 per month featuring unlimited bandwidth and websites. Weekly backups are included in the plan. Business comes as an all-in-one server solution with unlimited features for only $3.45 per month.
Godaddy – The Largest Domain Registrar + Hosting Company
Godaddy – is the industry’s biggest domain registration service. It is also a hosting provider delivering high-performance WordPress-optimized server solutions. Users may choose from several already-configured plans for different needs form content-based to eCommerce sites. Godaddy guarantees 99.9% uptime and enhanced performance.
Let’s have a look at what it has under the hood:
- Uptime Guarantee – the system guarantees 99.9% uptime. If it fails to deliver the relevant rate, users may claim a full refund.
- Faster Website Speed – Godaddy servers use a CDN boost that ensures a 50% faster loading speed. In addition, it uses the latest PHP 7 version.
- Good for Newbies – non-technicians will appreciate a selection of pre-built page and website layouts to go live as fast as possible The system features its custom drag-and-drop page editor that is easy to use.
- Free Extras – Godaddy users get free access to thousands of WordPress plugins and themes. Additional services include free SSL, website migration, domain transfer, etc.
- Daily Backups – The system creates copies of your site every night. It keeps the copied versions safe for at least 1 month to restore the website whenever needed with a click.
Godaddy WordPress hosting cost: the platform has four different WordPress hosting plans. They include the Basic plan ($6.99/month) with 30GB of storage for a single website, the Deluxe plan ($9.99 per month) is good for larger sites feat 100k monthly visitors, the Ultimate plan ($12.99 per month) offers unlimited storage and free SSL, and the eCommerce plan ($15.99 per months) includes product management system, bookings, and appointments, WooCommerce extensions, etc.
iPage – One of The Oldest Web Hosting Provider in the World
iPage – is an affordable and well-recognizable hosting provider with years of industry expertise. It comes as an easy-to-manage WordPress server solution with all necessary features included in two of its WP-optimized plans. Users will get a chance to create search engine friendly projects and benefit from unlimited storage and bandwidth at a reasonable price.
The core feature includes:
- Built-In WP Features – you do not need to manage installation, setup or updates manually. iPage offers built-in functionality to let the system manage all the website assets for you from WordPress installation to plugin updates.
- Security and Speed – the platform has established collaboration with SiteLock to deliver enhanced security features and website protection. iPage server configurations will let you benefit from 2.5X faster loading speed.
- Comprehensive Support – if you need assistance or help, iPage WordPress experts are ready to lend a hand. They will handle the website migration if necessary or consult on any other technical issue.
iPage WordPress hosting cost: with only two available plans, iPage users may still access a full bunch of features necessary to maintain their WordPress websites. The WP Starter plan starts at $3.75 per month while WP Essential is $6.95 per month. Each package includes a 1-year domain, unlimited bandwidth and storage, pre-installed WP theme and plugins.
The Bottom Line
Deciding on the best WordPress hosting solution depends on future project features, purposes, and goals. The idea is to choose a platform with enough instruments and the capacity to host your website and ensure its flawless performance. The above-mentioned platforms can be a good solution for various types of projects.
- Bluehost is an ultimate hosting provider with WordPress-recommended server solutions. Its customized plans let users not only build and host but also promote online projects of any type.
- HostPapa is the Americans’ most recognizable hosting provider that delivers built-in tools to manage, customize, configure, and maintain WordPress-based websites at minimum cost.
- HostGator is one of the most powerful hosting platforms with well-configured WP-optimized server plans. It comes as an all-in-one solution to build and deploy your projects effortlessly.
Other platforms might also be a good option depending on your requirements. It does not matter what hosting provider you choose. Make sure it has everything you need with enough bandwidth, storage space, and extra tools to have an all-in-one package for the future project.