If you have just made up your mind to start a personal or a business project, choosing the right web building tool is what you should start with. The more correct the choice is – the higher the chances are to make your project a success.
Among a variety of web design option you will encounter, while browsing the web, website builders will prove to be the most effective and easiest system to use.
What makes these systems a worthy solution?
The answer is simple: website builders are initially created with the needs and skills of first-time users in mind. Offering multiple quality templates, abundance of design customization tools and affordable pricing options, these platforms cover an extensive range of simple-to-complex web design needs. In fact, these systems may complete around 80% of user’s work, ensuring the top notch result.
What does the simplest website builder involve? This is the best combination of convenience, ease-of-use and functionality – that’s what you need to solve a certain task. Whether you intend to create a business website, an online store, a landing page, a portfolio or any other project, you will always be able to find an easy-to-use website builder to come up to your needs. I recommend considering five systems that are an ideal choice for newbies willing to create websites we have just talked about.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Easy-to-use Website Builders:
- Wix – The Easiest FREE Website Builder
- uKit – Cheap Website Builder for Small Business
- WordPress – Best Open Source CMS for Simple Website
- Shopify – Simplest Platform to Create an Online Store
- Bookmark AIDA – Easy AI-powered Website Builder
- Ucraft – Easy Website Builder (Ecommerce ready)
- SITE123 – One of The Most Popular Saas Site Builders
- IMCreator – Simple Free Website Builder for Nonprofits
- 8b – Easy-to-Use & 100% Free Website Builder
- Mobirise – Simple Offline Website Builder Software
Such an extensive selection of professional web design tools may somewhat complicate the choice of the best web building tool. Each of these systems has much to offer to users and each of them works great for the completion of certain web design tasks.
The best way to make the right choice is to analyze and compare the basic feature set, convenience, simplicity, affordability and design customization options these website builders offer. Let’s get started then!
Wix – The Easiest FREE Website Builder
Wix – is the most popular and the easiest website builder in the world. This is the number one powerful solution available in the niche. This fact speaks for itself. Wix is awesome. The developers keep improving its feature set to make the system even more intuitive and simple for everyone. Here are some fundamental Wix advantages:
- WYSIWYG Editor – Wix uses a convenient drag-and-drop editor, which supports in-line editing and ensures outstanding WYSIWYG experience. The system puts you in charge of the web design process, letting you preview the result as you make the changes.
- Wix ADI – The Artificial Design Intelligence tool delivers stunning web design experience by making the web development process automated. Just provide your website info, upload content and wait until the system will automatically generate the website for you!
- Customizable Templates – Wix template collection currently encompasses more than 550 mobile-ready templates. Browse it to select the most suitable variant, apply a variety of design customization tools and create unique website design in no time! It’s also possible to select a blank template to create a website from scratch – nothing limits your imagination here!
- Free App Market – There is no need to look for the required extensions elsewhere. Wix provides amazing integration options available in the Wix ADI. It is rich in widgets, add-ons and extensions that are paid and free. Make your choice to boost your website performance!
- Mobile Editor – It lets you edit the mobile version of your website. Just switch to the Mobile View mode in the control panel to fine-tune your mobile website design.
- Blogging – The website builder comes with a nice blogging engine, which allows creating and adding a functional blog to your website. This is how you can schedule and post your niche-related articles, enable user comments and discussions as well as update the resource with regard to your requirements.
- eCommerce – Wix also boasts a nice eCommerce platform needed to start and manage a standard small-to-mid-sized online store. The engine is user-friendly to enable everyone start and manage the eCommerce business to generate profit and grow customer base.
- Corvid – The system grants access to the advanced Corvid open development platform used to create professional web apps with no coding or programming knowledge required. The process of web app creation is easy, quick and effective. What really matters is that any user can cope with it without any hassle or preliminary web design expertise.
Cost: Wix is one of the most affordable website builders available out there. Its free plan makes it possible to test the feature set of the platform at no cost at all and for the unlimited time interval. Those users, who have the intention to explore and get the most out of the platform’s functionality, won’t go without upgrading to one of its paid subscriptions. To come up to the versatile needs and financial opportunities of its users, Wix now offers two types of plans, namely Standard and Business/eCommerce. Each group of plans, in its turn, further falls into small subscriptions that provide more detailed and niche-related terms and tools. The cost of Standard Wix plans starts with $13/mo, while that of Business Plans starts with $23/mo.
uKit – Cheap Website Builder for Small Business
uKit – is the easiest website builder for small business. It enjoys the utmost popularity with users, who are looking for a flexible, powerful and affordable system. uKit websites have appealing look and are amazingly functional. Let’s enlist its major advantages now:
- No Technical Skills Needed – Its drag-and-drop editor allows for simple and quick design customization. The preview option lets you see the way your website looks in different modes as you design it. If there is something you don’t like about it, you can instantly make the required changes even on the go.
- Responsive Templates – With uKit, the process of website creation becomes much simplified due to the variety of responsive templates you may choose from. The themes can be switched during the web development process, which is a huge advantage for beginners.
- Widget Integration – The website builder lets you create website structure not only by arranging the content blocks, but also by integrating versatile widgets. Their choice is not quite rich, but those that are available will perfectly fit any type of project.
- Temporary Website Management Rights – This feature simplifies the process of website creation for inexperienced users, who may work on the website development in cooperation with more skilled designers. Under this condition, the system automatically creates the back up version of the website to prevent accidental problems.
- Easy Promotion – uKit comes with an integrated Promotion widget, which allows filling out the major SEO parameters and identifies current website statistics as well as factors that have to be improved to reach the best result.
- Free SSL Certificate – The website builder takes care of the enhanced website security by making it possible to connect the SSL Certificate to it absolutely for free. This especially matters a lot for those projects that contain confidential user or payment info that has to be protected from unauthorized third-party access.
Cost: uKit is a cheap website builder for small businesses, which offers the most affordable rates in the niche. There is no completely free plan here, but you can test the feature set and integrated tools uKit comes with at no cost at all during the 14-day trial the system provides. When it comes to upgrading to one of its paid plans, though, users are offered to choose from several options. The cheapest uKit subscription costs $4/mo, while the cost of the most expensive one constitutes $12/mo only. That’s more than affordable for everyone, especially taking into account business focus of the system.
WordPress – Best Open Source CMS for Simple Website
WordPress – is a full-featured and easy CMS, which has been around for years. Even though, the platform was created to design blogs, it is now extensively used to develop other types of projects. Unlike other CMS, WordPress is comparatively easy-to-use, although, it implies a certain degree of coding awareness. Let’s enumerate the major advantages of the system, which contribute to its ease of use:
- Installation Simplicity – Almost any hosting provider offers automatic WordPress installation. You don’t have to do anything – just get the subscription and start building a website.
- No HTML Skills Required – Due to specialized extensions, you can create a simple website without any coding knowledge. Complex projects, however, imply programming skills.
- Absolute Website Customization – To build a website with WordPress, you have to create its structure by adjusting the major settings. There is much you can change here: backgrounds, fonts, colors etc. You can also upload media files or other content types you consider necessary for your website.
- Plugin Integration – There are multiple apps and plugins for WordPress on the web. It’s not a problem to find and integrate them. Just watch out of untrusted web developers and check their reputation prior to getting plugins from them.
Cost: WordPress is an absolutely free Content Management System. To get the most out of its functionality, you will have to integrate some of the paid plugins or templates that come at extra cost. Likewise, you won’t go without domain name connection and hosting choice. In this respect, Bluehost works best for any project created with WordPress. This is the official hosting provider recommended by the CMS, which has multiple benefits like fast page load speed, high uptime rates, multiple web hosting advantages etc. Bluehost offers several plans, the cost of which starts with $2.95/mo only. This is more than affordable offer that comes up to the majority of WordPress users.
Shopify – Simplest Platform to Create an Online Store
Shopify – is by far one of the easiest eCommerce software. The system is extremely powerful, functional and comparatively easy-to-use even for inexperienced web designers. It allows creating full-featured online stores, which differ in specialization, size and complexity. The list of advantages Shopify offers is quite impressive and includes the following points:
- Storefront Editor – After the sign up procedure, you may reach the Storefront Editor of the system, where you can fine-tune your website. There are two areas here: a control panel, where you can make the required edits and a live preview section, where you can watch the result. This feature won’t let you get lost in the system, even if you are a first-time visitor.
- Synchronization Options – When working with Shopify, you can synchronize your account with external apps and accounting software. This eliminates the necessity to additionally integrate them and contributes to the ease of use.
- Live View Mode – By using the feature, you can control your web store statistics and performance without the need to use other programs for this purpose. The integrated feature lets you track the traffic amount, locations users comes from, conversion rates, sales statistics, page views and other important parameters.
- Enhanced Web Store Security – All web stores launched in Shopify are protected by the SSL Certificate for the enhanced payment and content safety. The system also offers Fraud Protection feature for Shopify payments.
- Simplified Mobile Shopping Experience – Application of Shopify Shopcodes available in the system App Store makes mobile shopping simpler. The platform generates unique codes customers may use to buy products in the web store.
- Multilingual Support – To expand your online store reputation, you can create several language versions of it based on the locations you target. It doesn’t take much time to connect the feature, but this boosts your web store productivity.
Cost: Shopify offers reasonable pricing policy – there are several paid subscriptions you may choose from based on your eCommerce web design needs, goals and requirements. There is no absolutely free plan yet you are allowed to test the feature set of the platform during the 14-day trial the software offers to each and every user. As to the paid options, the cheapest Shopify plan will cost you $9/mo only. That’s a generous offer for everyone, who intends to start and manage a professional web store.
Bookmark AIDA – Easy AI-Powered Website Builder
Bookmark – is a SaaS website builder, which features exceptional ease of use due to the integrated Artificial Design Intelligence tool. The system makes it possible to create innovative modern projects that differ in complexity, yet are functional and visually-appealing. With Bookmark, you can design business websites, landing pages and web stores. All Bookmark websites feature responsive design, which is important for contemporary users. Here are the major highlights of the website builder:
- AIDA Assistant – Guides you through the process of website development and automatically creates a project for you. What you need is to provide your content the system will further use to construct a website. This ensures impressive ease-of-use and convenience, especially for non-tech savvy users.
- eCommerce Module – Bookmark is also known for its eCommerce module. Its integration lets you create and manage online stores with convenience and ease.
- Module-Based Websites – The website builder makes it possible to create websites by using modules, which resemble standard widgets. The modules are versatile, but you can choose between those for standard websites and online stores.
- Simplified Website Statistics – The platform comes with a simplified statistics collection system, which lets you track your website ranking, performance and productivity.
Cost: As an advanced AI-based website builder, Bookmark follows the freemium model. It has a free plan that allows exploring and testing the feature set of the service for the unlimited time interval. For those users, who are satisfied with the platform performance, Bookmarks makes it possible to upgrade to one of two paid subscriptions. Their cost constitutes $11.99 and $24.99 per month. In case you wish to make monthly payments, get ready to spend more. The cost of Bookmark subscriptions will correspondingly constitute $15 and $30 per month.
Ucraft – Easy Website Builder (eCommerce Ready)
Ucraft – is a modern drag-and-drop website builder, the area of specialization of which goes down to the development of landing pages, business and promo websites as well as portfolio projects. The service is a nice choice both for first-timers as well as for experienced web developers. Its feature set and extensive design customization options are certainly worth the attention. Here they go:
- eCommerce – Ucraft comes with a fully-integrated eCommerce engine, which makes it possible to start and manage small and mid-sized online stores. The system allows creating product lists, uploading items meant for sale, specifying their parameters, adding image and video files, setting up web store design and promotion details.
- Categorized Templates – The website builder offers a set of free responsive templates, which are divided into categories based on the topics they belong to. This should help simplify user’s choice and cut down the search time.
- Designer Tools – The system grants access to the set of Designer Tools that can give your newly-created website personalized look. These include Typography, UIKit and Layout.
- Logo Maker – The system allows creating your own brand logo to further upload it to the website. This helps boost your business popularity and recognition with users.
- Landing Page Creator – With Ucraft, you can build a free landing page to showcase your products, services or ideas as well as to drive traffic and generate leads.
- Multilanguage Support – The website builder lets you launch and manage projects in different languages, depending upon the goal you pursue, when building a website.
- Articles App – This feature is used to create and connect a news feed or a blog to your website. This is done in a quick and easy way to drive user attention and boost customer engagement rate.
- Third-Party Integrations – Ucraft allows adding third-party integrations to your website to bring its performance to the brand new level. The system comes with a set of widgets and add-ons you may choose from to manage and promote your newly-created project. Some of the most popular integrations you may pick and use include Disqus, Intercom, Facebook Messenger, LiveAgent, Zendesk Chat, Jivosite and Uservoice to mention a few.
Cost: Ucraft has a completely free plan, which works well for those system users, who have recently joined the system and wish to investigate its feature set prior to subscribing for one of the paid options. The website builder also lets you create a landing page without investing into the process at all. What you should know, however, is that free websites still lack functionality needed to get the most out of their integrated features. When upgrading to one of the paid plans, you are allowed to choose one of Ucraft subscriptions. Their cost starts from $10/mo and it gradually increases based on the terms and tools offered. Whatever plan you are interested in, the system will provide an opportunity to test its entire feature set during the 14-day free trial to make sure you make the right choice.
SITE123 – One of the Most Popular SaaS Builders
SITE123 – is one of the simplest website builders available in the modern web development niche. The platform does not imply any coding awareness or web design expertise. Even newbies can use it to start different types of projects with it. SITE123 offers detailed guidelines on how to use the system to the advantage and this is what appeals to most users, who haven’t had any web design experience before. Here is the list of features that make the website builder stand out from the crowd:
- Multilingual Support – SITE123 allows creating multilingual websites to boost their performance and help users effectively reach their web design objectives. There is no longer the need to start several language versions of the same project – just make use of the multilingual feature to create a website available in the languages of your choice.
- Logo Maker – The DIY website builder makes it possible to create your business logo and integrate it into your website. The feature lets you either upload and manage your own logo or create the brand new one, which come up to your business needs and consists of the elements the Logo Maker offers.
- Form Builder – With SITE123, you can create and add the online form to any website page or section you need. The integrated Form Builder grants access to the set of custom form layouts, tools and elements you can use to create web-based form that ultimately adhere to your website specialization and business niche you work in.
- App Market – The system comes with an extensive collection of applications widgets and add-ons available in its integrated App Market. When using these apps, you can enhance your project performance and design as the system encompasses dozens of them. Thus, you can pick and integrate such apps as Galleries, Analytics Tools, Social, Forms, Live Chat Support, Booking and more. It’s up to you to pick the required widget and integrate it into your newly-created website.
- Social Media Integration – The website builder lets you boost website popularity in the social networks with your website visitors. By managing and updating your social media accounts, you will be able to share your industry news, updates, upcoming events and plans to keep users aware of everything that is going on in your company.
- Blogging – The system comes with a functional and convenient blogging engine, which allows connecting a blog to your website and update it on a regular basis. This is how you can generate more traffic, interact with your website visitors and get more profit in the long run.
Cost: SITE123 is an extremely affordable website builder, which has a free plan to come up to the needs of all users willing to test its functionality. For those, that have eventually made up their minds to subscribe to a paid plan, the website builder offers four options, the cost of which starts with $10.80 for the cheapest subscription.
IM Creator – Simple Free Website Builder for Nonprofits
IM Creator – is a feature-laden website builder, which delivers a broad spectrum of features and tools that make the entire web design process simple and hassle-free for all user categories. The platform stands out from the crowd due to its high end White Label solution and abundance of design customization tools that let you get the most out of your website performance. Here they go:
- Responsive Designs – The website builder offers a collection of free ready-made templates, which are responsive in nature and can be customized as you need, using a set of integrated design editing tools. Along with the advanced WYSIWYG website editing option, the website builder allows for HTML integration, which lets you get the most out of your website design and performance.
- Blogging – With IM Creator, you can create and update full-featured blogs to boost user engagement rate and stay in touch with your subscribers. Whatever website you run, a blog will be a perfect addition to it.
- Free Web Design Resources – If you have an intention to enhance your website design, website builder lets you browse a curated collection of web design resources that are completely free. All registered users will get access to thematic web design resources the system offers and there is also the search filter option that simplifies the search of the required items.
Cost: IM Creator is absolutely free for artists, nonprofits and students. These users categories can subscribe to the system at no cost at all and use its entire advanced feature set to start and manage all kinds of projects. The cost of the paid plans starts with $8/mo, providing special terms and tools for entrepreneurs, resellers and other user categories.
8b – Easy-to-Use and 100% Free Website Builder
8b – is a new DIY cloud website builder, which impresses users by its intuitive web design approach, creative freedom and stunning simplicity that does ot compromise with functionality. The feature set of the platform makes it a great pick both for beginners and web design pros, who have availed an opportunity to launch websites without any coding and web design knowledge involved. Let’s enlist the feature set of the website builder right away:
- Integrated AMP – 8b comes with Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) support that allows improving the overall web page load time as well as the mobile browsing experience of users visiting your website.
- Multilingual Support – The website builder makes it possible to start and manage websites available in several languages of your choice. There is no need to launch websites in different language versions – by making use of 8b multilingual support, you can create a multilingual website without any effort and in no time.
- File Export – The platform unveils the possibility to export the archived website files to your desktop computer to be able to manually update the project whenever required. This is very convenient as you don’t have to rely on the Internet connection, being able to edit and update your website content whenever and wherever required.
- PWA Feature – With 8b, you can make use of the Progressive Web applications (PWA) support feature that lets you convert your website into mobile or desktop app within the shortest time possible. That’s a handy option for any kind of project.
Cost: 8b is an absolutely free website builder that lets you start and manage all types of projects without investing a fortune into them. When it comes to creating more complicated and full-featured websites, though, the system lets you upgrade to its only paid plan, the cost of which constitutes $1.58/mo only. You will hardly find such a superb and affordable solution, providing a diversity of features and tools. Additionally, the system offers a 14-day trial to test its functionality. If you are not satisfied with something for some reason, you can cancel the subscription during this time without any hidden/extra charges.
Mobirise – Simple Offline Website Builder Software
Mobirise – is a free downloadable website builder, which has to be installed before you start creating websites with it. The platform is mainly used for the development of landing pages, promo websites, business projects, portfolios and other types of websites. The service is a great choice for first-timers, who didn’t have any web design experience before and are currently looking for a simple and intuitive web building tool to launch full-featured websites with it. To find out the functionality of the website builder, have a look at its highlights now:
- Hosting and Domain Name Choice – As the offline website builder, Mobirise doesn’t offer integrated hosting, which triggers the need to look for your own hosting provider and domain name out there. Fortunately, that’s not a real problem as the choice of hosting companies is quite extensive.
- Content Blocks – The system allows creating website structure out of multiple integrated content blocks that are completely customizable and versatile to come up to any niche and web design requirements and user preferences. All the blocks are available in the control panel of the website. The most popular of them include maps, articles, galleries, sliders, media, pricing tables, footers, headers and more.
- Integrable Extensions – Mobirise grants access to multiple integrable extensions, which are absolutely free and customizable to contribute to your website performance. Some of these widgets/add-ons include Soundcloud, Dropdown Menu, Facebook Comments, Cookies Alert, Google Analytics and Twitter Feed to mention a few.
- AMP Support – Mobirise offers the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support feature that allows boosting your website performance, enhance mobile browsing experience of users and increase the overall web page load time. AMP-supported websites also have better SEO promotion parameters, which is an advantage in itself.
Cost: The website builder is free for everyone, which means that you can download, install and test the system at no cost at all. However, you will have to invest into hosting and domain name choice as well as some of the paid extensions your website won’t go without. These include WOW Slider ($29), PayPal Shopping Cart ($29), Icons ($19), Code Editor ($69), All-in-One Kit ($129) and more.
Which Website Builder Is the Easiest to Use?
When it comes to the choice of the easiest website builder, you should initially realize that you won’t find the all-in-one solution that fits all the web design tasks. These systems differ in their functionality, design customization tools and promotion options.
Each of them serves a certain objective, letting you focus on the completion of goals you set right from the start. This means that the final choice should be generally based upon your requirements and expectations.
- If you need a simple standard project for personal or business use, then all-in-one website services like Wix, uKit, Ucraft, SITE123 or IM Creator will definitely come up to your needs. They cover the entire spectrum of basic web development requirements, offering an extensive feature set.
- Are you right about to set up a web store? Then go ahead to use Shopify without any doubts at all. This specialized eCommerce software abounds in niche-focused tools, features and options that let you design a small-to-large online store with any special web design or coding awareness at all.
- In case you feel that you are ready to struggle with programming nuances and expect to get more design customization freedom, then WordPress is that very CMS, which will let you cope with the task with no almost no hassle. However, get ready to invest a bit of your effort and time to get a worthy result.
- But what about users, who don’t have a single idea of web design basics yet hope to avail a full-featured website? There is a reasonable solution that works great for this user category – Bookmark, 8b or Mobirise is what you need in this case. The integrated AI-powered tool of the website builder will literally create a project for you, using the info you’ll submit upon its request.
There is no need to worry about the choice of the right website builder – just explore the aforementioned reviews, consider your web design objectives, skills and result you expect to avail in the long run.