The term “dedicated server” speaks for itself. It means that you have a server of your own to host a website despite the complexity or traffic. It is totally different from what we are used to in terms of VPS or shared hosting solutions.
A dedicated server does not feature bandwidth, CPU time sharing, RAM or any other typical factors. It comes as a flexible solution that is easy to manage and optimize in accordance with the website requirements while remaining responsive at any time.
The main dedicated hosting benefit is that it delivers far more managing tools and control over the settings. Users are free to implement configurations needed. Additional advantages include extended support and maintenance at every step. digital security, etc.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Dedicated Server Providers:
- Bluehost – The World’s Best Dedicated Server Provider
- Hostpapa – The Best Dedicated Servers in Canada
- Hostgator – The Best Dedicated Servers for WordPress
- Siteground – Servers with The Easiest Hosting Panel
- 1&1 Ionos – The Cheapest European Dedicated Servers
- Hetzner – High Load German-based Dedicated Servers
- Liquidweb – Managed Dedicated Servers in USA
- OVH – Powerful Dedicated Servers with DDoS-protection
- FDC – Dedicated 10GBit Servers with Unlimited Bandwidth
- Velia (Godaddy) – UK Dedicated Windows & Linux Servers
The solution is more expensive if compared with other hosting capabilities. You should be ready to pay from $50 to $150 per month for an entry plan.
Of course, it hardly sounds like a cost-effective solution. On the other hand, it might be a great investment in stability and great performance of your future web project despite the complexity especially if taking into account some of the core benefits:
- Simple Management and Control – A dedicated server is a perfect choice for businesses craving for greater control over their hosting and server facilities. Users are the only ones in charge of the situation. They are free to configure settings and manage baseline elements in accordance with their needs in references to the disc space, RAM, the amount of CPUs, etc.
- Administrator Access – Imagine that you have opted for shared hosting. You will not be able to administrate it with the exception of some baseline management opportunities. As for the dedicated server, users get full root access and capabilities to remove or change software, install or delete programs, implement custom settings, etc.
- The unique IP address – This fact minimizes the risk of someone else blacklisting your IP address.
Scalability, enhanced digital security, fast speed, and great performance – those are the crucial factors that make a dedicated server really worth spending that money. Now, let’s have a closer look at some best offers on the market.
Bluehost – The Best Dedicated Server Provider
Bluehost – is an ultimate solution for any website type or size. Its dedicated server comes with great performance and speed in addition to total control and maximum power. The platform delivers a bunch of handy options that are divided into three major categories: basic, advanced and optional features. They all come as a part of a chosen plan. Some baseline features are as follows:
- Maximum Speed – The platform uses open-source technologies such as OpenStack. This fact ensures enhanced flexibility and fast website operation.
- Improved cPanel – Bluehost cPanel is an ultimate instrument that provides roots access for advanced users craving for total control over the server. Users can use the panel to add hosting storage on the fly in case of necessity.
- RAID Level 1 Storage Support – Bluehost uses only RAID storage on its dedicated servers. It results in 100% data protection thanks to mirrored drivers. This is an exclusive feature that you will hardly find at other hosting providers.
- Manage Your Database – Database management capabilities let users make all necessary corrections and changes directly on the server.
Additional features include multi-server management and some of the essential protection tools such as domain privacy, spam protection, SiteLock feature to protect your website from hacker attack and digital threads.
Bluehost dedicated server cost: The platform offers three different plans that all come with round-the-clock support, free domain and SSL, 30-day money back guarantee. The Standard Plan is the entry package costing $72.09 per month featuring 2.3GHz speed, 500GB mirrored storage, 5GB of RAM and up to 3 IP addresses. Enhanced and premium plans cost $90.12 and $108.15 respectively. They come with more mirrored storage and bandwidths as well as IP addresses. Users also will benefit from higher speed making Bluehost plans a good value for money.
Hostpapa – The Best Dedicated Servers in Canada
HostPapa – is a well-established Canadian-based hosting provider. The company delivers a variety of server solutions for different needs. They include separate packages for online stores and WordPress sites, as well as shared and dedicated hosting. The last one comes as a flexible solution for small startups and well-established companies requiring maximum sources for their growing projects.
The key Hostpapa features include:
- Three Dedicated Server Options – users may choose from Self-Managed, Managed, and Fully Managed server solutions. On the one hand, you get a chance to fine-tune all hosting resources yourself including updates, patches or app integration. On the other hand, you may leave all maintenance and support to the Hostpapa expert team. They will manage all the updates, software monitoring, and resource management for you.
- Unlimited Domains and Sites – the platform makes it possible to manage as many domains and live projects as you need. The feature will suit independent developers and web designers who want to create sites for their customers as well as for growing enterprises with multiple projects within a single network.
- Overall Performance – the hosting provider claims to deliver flawless uptime and over-the-average page load speed. According to the latest tests, the uptime rate is 99.98%, which is certainly a good result. As for the page load speed, it is currently around 795ms. Not as high as some may expect but still better if compared to the average niche standards.
- Compatibility with Different CMS – it does not matter what kind of CMS platform you use. The system works great with all popular content management systems including WordPress, Joomla, Drupa, and more. Users may shot their small digital shops as well as growing international marketplaces or heavy-weight corporate websites with a complex structure.
- Extra Resources – apart from managed servers, users may scale their plan whenever needed by generating additional server resources at any time. Add additional CPU, extra memory or I/O every time you need them right from the intuitive dashboard.
HostPapa dedicated server cost: HostPapa offers a variety of plans that start from $19.99 for the entry server solution. The starting plan includes 4 core CPU, 60GB of SSD storage, 1TB transfer, etc. You are free to upgrade the subscription whenever needed right from the cPanel and opt for the most powerful plan costing $249.99 per month feat 1TB of storage, 12 core CPU, 8TB transfer, and other essential features to support and maintain complex online projects.
Hostgator – The Best Dedicated Servers for WordPress
HostGator – is a hosting provider that has successfully adopted cloud-based technologies to deliver state-of-the-art dedicated server solutions. The company delivers simple hosting management tools and maximum performances at users’ disposal. All plans include reliable security means in addition to extra features to create and maintain websites from the ground.
The key Hostgator benefits are as follows:
- Enhanced Performance – apart from A+ speed test results and 99.9% uptime, Hostgator combines SSD and HDD hard drive technologies to ensure flawless website performance. Such an approach results in more flexible server configurations letting you manage resources most effectively. Moreover, users can generate more restructuring from the control panel.
- Unlimited Bandwidth – the hosting provider guarantees unmetered bandwidth in each of its dedicated server plans. All servers are located nationwide (across the United States) featuring Tier-3 data centers.
- Maximum Security – Hostgator uses advanced technologies to ensure 100% security. You do not have to worry about system or app updates. They will be handled automatically as well as error or malware monitoring, detection, and elimination. Each data center has DDoS protection in addition to an IP-based firewall.
- Custom Website Builder – the system has a simple WYSIWYG website builder. You can not only host existing projects but also create new websites without coding skills. It makes it easy to build different site types including content-based or eCommerce projects thanks to integration with major payment methods, product management systems, and more.
HostGator dedicated server cost: the key benefit here is that the platform has a 30-day refund policy. If you do not like its dedicated server, you may get your money back. As for the plan prices, they are a bit higher than on average. Three packages include Value, Power, and Enterprise server options costing $118.99, $138.99, and $148.98 per month respectively. As we have mentioned earlier, each plan comes with unlimited bandwidth.
SiteGround – The Easiest Dedicated Hosting
SiteGround – is the platform that delivers a combination of dedicated and cloud hosting solutions. They come with all pre-installed features, software and programs you might need when operating the website. The platform delivers premium-class dedicated machines to host any web project. You are free to fine-tune and manage it yourself or opt for professional assistance in the face of Siteground experts. The following features were designed to boot site performance and deliver more functionality:
- Selected High-Class Hardware – Siteground experts have designed stable dedicated machines that boast flawless performance at higher speed. The system uses some of its best data center facilities for the ultimate server location.
- Total Control and Scalability – The platform comes with fully-managed server solutions. Users can track their operation round the clock, which results in almost instant decision making and malfunction elimination.
- 24/7 VIP Customer Care – Users can always count on professional assistance via live chat, phone or ticketing system. The support team is always there to help whenever you need a system reboot or malware diagnosis.
Siteground dedicated server cost: Three major Siteground plans are available for its customers. The Entry plan starts from $219 per month up to 480GB of storage, 10TB bandwidth, Intel Xeon E3-1230 SSD running at 3.20GHX speed and other great perks. The Power Server plan costs $299 per month and offers a bit higher speed at the same operating system with 4 CPU cores 960GB SSD. If it sounds like not enough, the Super Power plan is an ultimate solution for the most complicated and heaviest web projects. The package will cost you $599 per month to guarantee maximum operation speed at 2.0GHZ with 2 x 6 CPU cores and 2 x 960GB SSD with RAID Level 1 storage support.
1&1 Ionos – The Cheapest Dedicated Hosting
1&1 IONOS – is an affordable dedicated hosting provider. It has some great budget offers for projects that do not require enhanced capabilities or maximum speed. At the same time, the platform delivers all basic features out of the box to meet baseline users’ requirements in addition to a free set up, SSD upgrades and more. The core 1&1 Ionos features include:
- Powerful Resources for Higher Speed – The system offers unlimited traffic in addition to up to 1GB per second connectivity. It results in higher website speed and better users’ experience. Moreover, page load time might get a boost thanks to HTTP/2 network protocol.
- Advanced Security Means – The system can automatically place digital security guards in case of DDoS attack risks. All your data is safe, as 1&1 Ionos makes regular automated backups to store the copies of your website files.
- Hosting Mobile App – a great feature to ensure fast and simple access to the Control Panel directly from the mobile device whether it is a tablet or smartphone. All you need is to download the IONOS Hosting Manager app and manage your dedicated hosting despite the location.
1&1 Ionos dedicated server cost: 1&1 Ionos claims to be a budget dedicated server provider. The plans are cheaper if compared to other services form our list. Customers can choose from four different SSD/NVMe packages that range from $70 to $280 per month. The plans use various operating systems with up to 4.2GHX turbo speed boost, 1TB storage and 64GB of RAM.
All plans despite the price include a free domain and SSL, SiteLock protection, and some other features. Users can switch to HDD plans as well. They are a bit cheaper though still unable to provide enough facilities for huge web projects.
Liquid Web – Managed Dedicated Servers in the USA
Liquid Web – is one of the longest-running and reputable American hosting providers. The company has been on the market since 1997. It managed to build a good reputation among customers thanks to fully-managed dedicated server options, 100% uptime guarantee, enhanced security means, and a bunch of extra features to establish and promote your online presence.
Here is what you get with each Liquid Web dedicated server plan:
- Ease of Use – the system has introduced its Sync Pro control panel that appears to be a simple and intuitive control tool. Users may set up their servers, upgrade plans, manage domains and websites, integrate apps, and more from a single cPanel with no special skills. You can easily manage several dozens of domains and sites at the same time.
- Solid Performance – Liquid Web guarantees 100% of uptime. We did not have a chance to check if it is true. What we do know, is that the platform uses single-tenant servers that are fully customized to be used with both Windows and Linux. SSD hard drives ensure better performance and speed as well as full support for PHP 7 version and integration with Ngnix.
- Managed Dedicated Servers – users may choose from solo or dual-processor servers. Each hosting plan is available in three different variations. They include self-managed, core-managed, and fully-managed packages that can be scaled or upgraded any tie you need. Take control over server settings or leave it to the Liquid Web expert team.
- Extra Features – additional options include free domain transfer and site migration. An expanded security kit comes with additional means such as Guardian backup, simple website recovery process, data off-system storage, and more tools to keep your sites safe.
Liquid Web dedicated server cost: three different dedicated server categories range depending on their location. For example, US Central and West servers (Michigan and Arizona) are more likely to suit US-based processes. They come with 6 different plans each, while the prices are the same and range from $199 to $549 per month. If you require EU based solution with servers located in Amsterdam, Netherlands, you may choose from only three plans costing from $249 to $439 per month.
OVH – Powerful Dedicated Servers with DDoS-protection
OVH – is one of the biggest European hosting providers with 28 data centers located across the globe. The platform offers server durability, great performance, enhanced security for DD0S attack prevention and more. Users may choose from 6 different server solutions tailored to meet different needs in terms of resourcefulness.
Here are some key benefits OVH dedicated servers have:
- Manageable Storage Capacity – each plan initially comes with 500GB of storage. Space is enough to store will website files independently from the server. Besides, users are free to increase that capacity upon request from the dashboard.
- Unlimited Traffic – you can benefit from unlimited incoming and outgoing traffic that is free. The minimum capacity is 500 Mbit/s and can be increased whenever needed. However, you might need to pay for extra data centers that are located in the Asia Pacific.
- Automatic Installation – OVH ensures one-click distribution via its customized control panel. Moreover, each server solution is compatible with major operating systems that include not only Windows and Linux but also Ubuntu, Debian, and some others.
- DDoS Security – the platform uses advanced technologies to ensure high-end DDoS protection. Optimum safety solutions were designed to fight back the most sophisticated and complex attacks. They include VAC infrastructure to mitigate traffic, L7 mitigation protection for gaming projects, firewall network, and more.
OVH dedicated server cost: the company currently offers 6 different plans. They include Rise ($65/06 per month), Advanced ($81.33 per month), Infrastructure ($105,69), Storage ($86.75 per month), HG ($25.99 per month), and Game ($95.12 per month) dedicated server options.
FDC – Dedicated 10GBit Servers with Unlimited Bandwidth
FDC – is a recognizable hosting provider with 20 servers located in the United States and Europe. Established in 2003, the company delivers web hosting as well as a range of additional private services.
The platform offers 99.995% uptime in addition to 10Tbps backbone along with unlimited bandwidth and Internet connectivity. Users may choose from budget to massive dedicated server solutions depending on the resources required.
Here are some core FDC features:
- Unlimited Bandwidth – each of the FDC servers comes with unmetered bandwidth. Also, users can benefit from free setup as well as unlimited outgoing and incoming traffic that is free except for Asia. This is where you will need to opt for an Asia Special server option.
- Maximum Performance – the company has 20 data centers located in Europe, Asia, and the United States. It promises close-to-perfect uptime that is currently 99.995%. If you need maximum resourcefulness, opt for massive packages featuring 20+Tbps backbone.
- Free Options – each customer gets free reboots in addition to reinstall sessions at zero cost. IPv6 address space is also included in the plan price.
FDC dedicated server cost: all plans are divided into 3 major categories. The first one is (R)Evolution with servers featuring up to 100GE bandwidth. The price here ranges from $999 to $9,999 per month. The second category includes offers from the Budget Server option costing from $199 to $499 per month. For massive servers, you will need to pay between $1199 and $2999 per month.
Velia (Godaddy) – UK Dedicated Windows & Linux Servers
Velia – is a German-based company that is now a part of the GoDaddy platform. It hosts more than 7000 dedicated servers for 5,000+ of its customers and business partners. Hailing from Germany, it has data centers located in different parts of the world. Velia uses advanced technologies to deliver maximum power and performance, secure server options and comprehensive support.
The main features include:
- Enhanced Performance – each server comes with 200+ GBit/s Backbone to ensure a hassle-free website running during traffic peaks.
- Flexibility – the installation is very simple. All you need is to select the OS you use and complete the distribution process.
- Scalable Infrastructure – users are free to add more resources to their servers as well as create a secure VLAN network connecting several servers at the same time.
- Round-the-Clock Support – support managers and data center specialists are available 24/7. They will help to resolve any technical issues directly with the user.
Velia dedicated server cost: the pricing policy differs from what we are used to. Al server offers are divided into categories by global data center locations. Users may choose from Europe (France and Germany), the United States (St. Louis, Miami, and LA), and China feat data centers located in Hong Kong. Each location comes with several plans and prices ranging from $49 to $359 per month.
Opting for a dedicated server means opting for flexibility and scalability. Such an option is the best bet for companies and website who value for stability, speed, and maximum performance. Users can fully control over their hosting facilities with a chance to set necessary configurations and administrate server at any time.
- Bluehost is the #1 server solution with an expanded security kit. The platform shows stable and long-lasting results when it comes to performance. Besides, it is easy to use and good eve for users with no special skills.
- HostPapa is a hosting provider with up to three different dedicated hosting offers. Users may take control over their server facilities as well as website assets. The system is the best bet for managing multiple projects with enough resources.
- HostGator is one of the most affordable dedicated servers provides without any detriment to the performance. Users may count on unlimited bandwidth with each plan combined with maximum speed, advanced security means and affordable plans.
As for the rest hosting providers, they can be good in different ways depending on the project requirements and extra features you might need in the long run. All you need to do is to define how much power and speed your future project requires. The number of offers will certainly let you choose the best platform that meets your budget and needs.