CRM software – is an ultimate tool for small businesses to manage customer relations. It is designed to help companies organize their workflow and ensure a simple process of monitoring prospects, business assets, sales, etc.
The CRM is a software that brings sets of information together. The idea is to let users incorporate customers’ data and transform it into a file. When incorporated, those files are easy to manage and customize within a single platform. For instance, CRM brings customer’s info, purchase track-record, and ordering system together.
Each CRM system comes with baseline functionality and extra features, which actually determine the software type. Users may opt for collaborative platforms, software for sales force automation, analytical or campaign management systems. The main goal is to deliver rapid and high-level service as well as automated workflow.
Choosing the best CRM system might be a challenge, as you need to take into account lots of crucial aspects. They include price, workflow automation functionality, reporting, and analytic instruments, customization and integration capabilities, etc. Based on the mentioned criteria, we have highlighted top 10 best CRMs for small business.
TOP CRM Software Reviewed:
HubSpot CRM – is a free app developed for effective contact management. The set of features includes up-to-date customer contacting instruments that include live chats, integrated ticketing systems, deal management tools, email tracking, and more functionality to establish feedback and customer support.
Zoho CRM – is a full-cycle CRM for small business. It means that users may benefit from an all-in-one solution for sales management with an integrated social media kit letting companies publish product info and posts on major social platforms including Facebook and Twitter. The software has a free plan in addition to affordable expanded paid packages.
Pipedrive CRM – is a good solution for small teams and companies that crave for a simplified product and sales pipeline process. Although it does not have a free plan, it offers relatively low entry prices for the entry plan with enough tools and features to overview the sales pipeline with just a click. Ease of use, intuitive interface, and management opportunities are among the key CRM benefits.
Freshsales CRM – is a platform designed for growing companies with an expanded sales cycle. A good solution for B2B projects and companies that require an extended feature set. Apart from lead scoring and management functionality, the system comes with integrated phone dialers and tools to send emails directly from the dashboard.
Salesforce CRM – is a nice-matching CRM system for small business. Although it offers only two plans, they combine all features representing the diverse software ecosystem with the custom mobile app, contact management opportunities including mass email, etc. The powerful platform is good for both B2C and B2B teams considering the set of lead scoring tools, forecasting campaigns, and more.
bpm’online CRM – is a platform that represents the synergy of intelligent software and advanced customer relationship management for business of any size and industry. The idea is to create an ecosystem with an established link between customer services and marketing/sales functionality. It helps companies to guide their customers from ordering a product to the final purchase.
Lynkos CRM – is a platform designed for small and medium companies. It has proved to be a powerful software that helps business to connect with customers from over 100 countries worldwide. The platform delivers sales optimization instruments in addition to its native iOS and Android mobile apps.
Bitrix24 CRM – is a cloud-based CRM solution for companies of any size. The software project management to invoicing delivers a bunch of essential features that range from help desks and project management tools to invoicing opportunities, telephony, etc. Most of those features are available in a free plan. Paid plans additionally include CRM software automation, marketing campaigns, and more.
Apptivo CRM – is another cloud-based solution that delivers a selection of its business applications to small and medium companies. Apart from the opportunity to sign up at no cost, the system delivers a selection of tools for lead generation and management, forecasting, sales planning, project management, and more.
Nimble CRM – is the smart business app for contact management. It comes with additional features that enable social media connection as well as tools to bring all your business contacts, appointments, and inboxes to a single dashboard and manage them directly. The platform is available as a cloud-based, SaaS and web software in addition to its native mobile versions for iOS and Android.
It is high we had a closer look at each of the platforms closer to define the best CRMs for small business.
HubSpot CRM– is a simple software for tiny and small companies as well as for entrepreneurs who are new to CRM. The key focused in made on ease of use in addition to a free plan that might be a good idea to test all the baseline features.
The platform boasts an expanded ecosystem with the ability to integrate more than 200 different apps. The key features include advanced contact management tools such as live chatbots. At the same time, business owners will appreciate an enhanced lead generation functionality. Here we have a Lead Capture feature enabled by contact forms, task management instruments to schedule and assign different tasks, integration opportunities to connect Outlook, Gmail, etc.
HubSpot CRM pros:
- Ease of Use – the platform is very easy to use and set up. It will work great for companies that have never dealt with CRM systems before. The free plan lets you test all baseline features at no cost.
- Contact Management Tools – the software was designed to ensure seamless contact organization with the ability to generate customers’ info from their social accounts and divide contacts into groups.
- Lead Capturing – you may implement some of the embedded custom forms on the website or landing page to increase users’ acquisition. You may not only capture all contacts but also automatically include them in your campaigns. The feature comes with a free plan.
- Integration Opportunities – companies may integrate their CRM software with hundreds of third-party services and applications inducing MailChimp, Gmail, Outlook, etc. Moreover, you may additionally benefit from Chrome extension in addition to automatically social media engagement (only in paid plans).
- HubSpot Academy – although CRM is easy to use, it has a huge knowledge base with dozens of tutorials and guides. Moreover, users may enter a growing community that is pretty active in terms of discussions and assistance.
HubSpot CRM Cons:
- The free plan includes only baseline features. If you need extra tools, you will need to pay while some options are available only with the Premium plan.
- The entry package is more expensive if compared to services alike.
HubSpot CRM cost: apart from its free plan, the software is available in three paid packages depending on your business needs. The Starter plan starts at $50 per month featuring lead capturing and converting, email marketing, embedded forms, and other instruments. Professional plan costs $800 per month. It includes all the previous features in addition to analytics, reporting, and revenue measurement. The Enterprise kit starts at $3,200 featuring SEO and content strategies, property calculation, social media connection, and more.
Zoho CRM – is a simple platform that also has a free plan. The software is easy to customize. At the same time, it will work out for small companies that do not require much functionality. The features delivered include traditional lead capturing functionality in addition to social media integration. Extra options come in a variety of tools to manage orders, track users;’ activity phone logging, etc.
Zoho CRM pros:
- Custom Reports – users may create and schedule reports as well as share them with other software participants. The reports are easily customizable. You may add new fields. Edit existing ones, etc.
- Data Importing – Zoho makes it easy to import all necessary data from already existing CRM platform.
- Social Management Integration – the platform can be connected with all major social platforms. Moreover, paid plans offer unlimited social media publishing.
- Product Management – apart from typical management functionality, users may take advantage of purchase and order tracking, invoicing, etc.
- SalesSignals – a good feature for companies looking for an automated lead scoring solution. The system makes it easy to create new modules as well as customize them by adding over 100 different fields.
- Zia Voice – an AI-based conversational bot or assistant available only in Professional plan.
Zoho CRM cons:
- Limited storage. The system provides only 1GB of storage per each user. The amount may be expanded. However, you will need to pay for that.
- Complicated pipeline customization process. We have noted that Zoho is pretty easy to customize when it comes to adding or editing new fields. However, users may find it difficult to modify the pipeline process.
- It usually takes much time for developers to roll out new features and system updates.
Zoho CRM cost: the free plan offers only contact and lead management features. If you require more functionality, you will need to opt for any of the three offered plans. The Standard plan starts at $12 per month per each user with email insights, forms, and custom reports. The professional plan costs $20 per month SalesSignals, automatic rules updates, fields’ customization, and more. The Professional package costs $35 per month and includes all the previous features in addition to email parser, data encryption, Zia Voice, etc. Each plan comes with.
Pipedrive CRM – is a platform designed for managing sales and establishing a simplified pipeline to see what actually happens with your orders. The system does not have a free plan although the starting price is relatively low. The platform has an intuitive and user-friendly interface making it easy to standardize products and manage sales. The feature set might be not as rich as in other CRMs. However, the system does its work great.
Pipedrive CRM pros:
- Ease of Use – using Pipedrive CRM does not require special learning curve thanks to the easy-to-use interface and all tools in one place. The dashboard can be configured to meet users’ preferences.
- Unlimited Storage – the system comes with unlimited storage to create numerous processes in addition to the unlimited pipeline.
- Flexibility – Pipedrive CRM can be integrated with different third-party services and apps.
- Account Insights – a good feature to track leads that are close to the purchase. It lets companies affect customers who are almost ready to buy a product.
- Specific Permissions – users have a chance to set permissions depending on the role. You take control over assets the teammates may see or access.
Pipedrive CRM cons:
- No lead scoring. There is no lead routing or assigning. This makes the lead management system a bit complicated.
- Limited email marketing. The lack of mass email marketing might not be extremely crucial for small companies while growing enterprises would certainly appreciate having it.
- Price. The plans might look a bit too pricy considering the baseline feature set.
Pipedrive CRM cost: the CRM software is available in 4 different plans with a free trial for each. The plans include Essential, Advanced, Professional and Enterprise costing $12.50, $24.90, $49.99, and $99 per month respectively.
Freshsales CRM – is part of the Freshwork business platform for workflow automation. It is also the industry’s leader when it comes to customer relationship management. The system provides a clear vision of the entire sales process from ordering to purchasing and shipping.
Mainly designed for a B2B business, the platform offers affordable plans with contacting tools, good customer support, customizable software, and reporting instruments although available not in every plan.
Freshsales CRM pros:
- Full-Cycle Sales Management Tools – the baseline functionality delivers all necessary instruments to manage leads, deals, sales or contacts form a single dashboard. Scoring and lead capture functionality are included in the entry plan as well.
- Advanced Contracting – apart from traditional contact tools, the platform provides access to its templates and bulk emails, contact dialing, and logging, mail tracking, etc.
- Automated Processing – if you opt for upgraded Freshsales CRM plans, you may benefit from automated lead routing and assignment depending on the role and access of your team members and colleagues.
- Enhanced Reporting – this one is available only with the most expensive plan. You get access to additional dashboards as the part if system’s reporting feature. There you may set priority leads and establish effective contact management.
- No invoicing or order management in the entry plan.
- Some plans might be too expensive for smaller companies.
- No price bookings, which is bad for companies that use catalog-based product pricing.
Freshsales CRM cost: the system does not have a free plan although it offers a 21-day free trial to test each of the packages available. The four existing plans include Blossom (for tiny teams) costing $12 per month, Garden (for small growing teams) costing $25 per month, Estate (for bigger companies) costing $49 per month, and Forest (crafted for huge enterprises) costing $79 per month.
Salesforce CRM – is a platform perfect for small business needs. The system represents its powerful ecosystem with a bunch of essential features that include mass emailing and contact management tools lead capture, etc. The system comes with its custom mobile app to provide users’ access to the CRM on the go. Premium plans come with additional permission and roles assignment tools and more.
Salesforce CRM pros:
- Flexible Entry plan – while some CRMs limit their entry plans, Salesforce provides enough essential features to get started. They include tools to customize the sales process, launch mass emails, capture leads or get full access to customer support cases.
- Ease of Use – the system has a simple and intuitive interface making it easy to use the instruments even for those who have never dealt with CRM before.
- Lighting Platform – the system was built using Lighting platform. It delivers more power and user-friendliness to the Salesforce CRM.
- Service Module – the module makes it easy for small business to manage both customer support cases and the sales process itself within a single module.
- Full-Scale SaaS CRM – with an upgraded plan, you get the SaaS functionality in addition to 24/7 support, lead scoring, and sales forecasting tools in addition to instruments that let you assign roles and permissions inside the team.
- Mobile App – you may use the system from anywhere as well as on the go. Moreover, the platform comes with full offline functionality.
Salesforce CRM cons:
- No free plan to test the system.
- The entry plan is more expensive if compared to other CRMs.
- The entry package is for up to 10 users only.
Salesforce CRM: the platform is available in four different plans depending on your business requirements and size. There is no free plan although the free trial is available for every package. The package includes the Essentials plan for up to 10 users with baseline CRM functionality costing $25 per month. The Professional plan costs $75 per month for companies with unlimited users. The Enterprise plan if for growing companies. It costs $150 per month with features like workflow automation and collaborative forecasting. The unlimited plan costs $300 per month. It will mostly suit huge corporations requiring real-time insight stats, premium round-the-clock support team, etc.
bpm’online CRM – is a SaaS solution for small business with great customization tools. The system comes as an easy-to-use online CRM with features that include customer relation and lead management, salesforce and workflow automation, etc. The system does not have typical plans and offers a one-per-user subscription. The system’s flexibility lets you choose the desired feature set depending on whether you represent the B2B or B2C model.
bpm’online CRM pros:
- Custom Marketplace – the system has its own custom marketplace with dozens of apps to choose and customize. All applications are divided into groups (Sales, Collaboration, Marketing, and more). Here we have the FED connector, SMS sender, social media application, advanced schedule app, and more.
- Integration – the platform can be easily integrated with third-party services. All you need is to pick a relevant add-on to enable Asana or Facebook connector, integrate PandaDoc Management tool, etc.
- Ready-Made Templates – users may benefit from faster CRM integration and workflow automation with the help of ready-made templates. Choose from B2B cross-sales, employee onboarding/termination process, recruitment or training templates with already integrated features.
bpm’online CRM cons:
- No free plan.
- The lack of reporting generation instruments.
- Hardly the cheapest CRM offer on the market.
bpm’online CRM cost: the system does not feature traditional entry and premium plans, It offers the same functionality to each and every subscriber. There is a 21-day free trial. T get started, you will need to enter personal details and move on. The monthly subscription costs $25 per set with all features already in the pack.
Lynkos CRM – is a platform that delivers baseline functionality for companies of small and medium sizes. Despite the fact, the product seems a bit typical at first sight, it still delivers some worthy tools apart from baseline CRM options. It lets companies reach customers from 120+ countries worldwide in addition to its analytics and reporting features, great mobile app for the on-the-go access, custom online store with apps and integrations, etc.
Lynkos CRM pros:
- Flexibility and Integrations – the system has its own online store where you may connect different apps with just a click. In addition, the CRM may be integrated with third-party services for social media integration, email marketing, etc. The services include MailChimp, Facebook, Google, MS Excel connector and other tools.
- Powerful Lead and Sales Generation – Lynkos CRM comes with a pretty effective lead and sales generation tools.
- Affordable Plans – the prices are a bit lower if compared to other platforms alike. It makes Lynkos CRM a good solution for small companies with limited financial opportunities.
- Native Mobile Apps – the platform has its custom mobile applications for Android and iOS to access your CRM management tools despite the location on the go.
- Real-Time Reporting – the product comes with good reporting features that let you check your business status in real-time. You may also assign or track essential business metrics with a click.
Lynkos CRM cons:
- Limited storage. You need to pay for every 5GB of storage that exceeds your plan limits.
- No free plan.
Lynkos CRM cost: users are free to choose from 3 different plan. Each plan comes with a 30-day free trial to test its tools. The first plan starts at $14.99 per month in case of annual billing. Pro and Max plan are for bigger companies and cost $39.99 and $74.99 respectively. They offer more storage in addition to workflow automation tools, web forms, etc.
Bitrix24 CRM – is a cloud-based CRM with a set of essential starting features in its free plan to start your small business. The system represents itself as an all-in-one CRM solution for companies of any size if considering its paid packages as well. The key management instruments include 100% business automation from lead generation and capturing to closing the deal, role assignment, access permission, task scheduling, etc.
Bitrix24 CRM pros:
- Cloud-Based CRM – it means that any team member may access the platform right from his or her browser despite the location. This fact enables great collaboration freedom.
- Unlimited Pipelines – you are free to create and manage as many pipelines at the same time as you need. The system reserves enough space for business growth and diversification.
- Fully-Packed Free Plan – Bitrix24 CRM delivers a fully functional free plan, unlike some other systems. The free package includes all of the essentials starting from contact management, live chat, telephony, and online store to website forms, reports, analytics, and email marketing.
- Document Builder – a great tool to create and customize business documents. You may share them with your colleagues or customers.
- Enhanced Customization – users are free to configure some of the tools including Live Chat. You may add new fields, set automated replies, and more.
Bitrix24 CRM cons:
- A bit Complicated. The interface might be a bit confusing especially for beginners.
- No email marketing in a Free plan. Probably the only feature a free package lacks.
Bitrix24 CRM cost: apart from the free plan we have mentioned before, Bitrix24 CRM has four paid plans with enhanced features for a business of any size. All plans are divided into two groups: Special and Business. The first group consists of CRM+ and Project+ packages costing $55.20 per month each. The Business package consists of Standard and Professional plans costing $79.20 and $159.20 per month respectively.
Apptivo CRM – is a free cloud-based CRM platform that delivers a set of essential apps for small business to manage their sales and customers. From lead and project management to sales tracking and scoring – users will appreciate all baseline options gathered in a single easy-to-use and powerful CRM available for companies with more than 30 employees (CRM accounts).
Apptivo CRM pros:
- All-in-One CRM – Apptivo CRM functionality lets users rack the sales process from the start to the final stage. The system has tools to close deals despite the location thanks to a cloud-based online CRM platform.
- Procurement – enable an efficient supply chain management track each and every vendor as well as inventory and purchases you make.
- Online Invoicing – benefit from an integrated billing tool to process incoming and outgoing transactions despite the location.
- Project Management – establish collaboration when working on different tasks with the team. Create timesheets, generate log expense reports, enable or disable different workflows, etc.
- Apptivo Campaigns – a great tool for advanced email marketing that comes as a built-in feature of your online CRM.
Apptivo CRM cons:
- The free plan comes with no mobile access.
- No built-in telephony.
- The free plan allows only up to 3 users.
Apptivo CRM cost: the system has a Starter plan, which is 100% free to use. The rest three plans are paid. They all have a free-trial period. As for the prices, they are as follows: Premium, Unlimited, and Enterprise. Premium and Unlimited plans cost from $8 to $20 per month, while the Enterprise package price is negotiated for each customer individually.
Nimble CRM – is a simple platform to meet small business needs even when it comes to companies with tight financing. Launched in 2009, the system has already made a name for itself as a great contact management instrument with automated contact segmentation live profiles, calendars, activity tracking, smart contacts application, and more.
Nimble CRM pros:
- Smart Contacts App – the system has its custom browser extension also known as the Nimble Smart Contacts application. It provides hassle-free access to inboxes or social media on the go despite the location.
- Segmentation – with Nimble CRM, it is easy to stay organized thanks to automated contact segmentation, Divide your customers into groups, set priorities, and so on.
- 360-Degree Profile Overview – live customer profiles let you generate all necessary customer’s data at a glance. Track your leads, update profile status, make notes, and more.
- Automatic Reminders – set the reminder to stay in touch with the key events. The system lets you configure the reminders and set them on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
Nimble CRM cons:
- Only 1 plan available.
- No free plan.
- Limited storage per user.
Nimble CRM cost: the system does not have a free plan. However, it offers a 14-day free trial to test all its features. A single Nimble Business plan costs $19 per month. It comes with 2GB of storage per user, contact management, calendar synchronization, social media integration, email marketing, and more.
CRM Comparison Table
The table below is to highlight some of the key features of each of the above-mentioned CRMs for small business. You may have a quick look at all functions they deliver as well as Free Plan availability, package prices, and other crucial factors. The idea is to make it easier and faster for users to decide, which one might be the best bet.
|Free plan||Features||Minimum Plan Price||Maximum Plan Price|
|HubSpot CRM||Yes||Lead capturing, pop-up forms, ad and email marketing||$50||$3,200|
|Zoho CRM||Yes||Process Management, Inventory Management, Macros, Web-to-Case Forms||$12||$35|
|Pipedrive CRM||No||Custom fields, One-click calls and call tracking, Email distribution lists||$12.50||$99.00|
|Freshsales CRM||No||Pipeline and bulk management, custom marketplace, SMS integration||$12||$79|
|Salesforce CRM||No||Salesforce Mobile App, collaborative forecasting, approval and workflow automaton||$25||$300|
|bpm’online CRM||No||Web forms, ready-made templates, custom app market||$25||$25+ depending on the number of users.|
|Lynkos CRM||No||Web forms, native mobile apps, real-time reporting||$14.99||$74.99|
|Bitrix24 CRM||Yes||Platform’s API, pop-ups, lead capturing, sales tracking||$55.20||$159.20|
|Apptivo CRM||Yes||Developer API, web-based forms, pop-ups||$8||$20|
|Nimble CRM||No||Contact segmentation, live profiles, smart mobile app, Nimble Browser Extension||$19||$19|
You will certainly need a good CRM for small business at some point of development. The system is the only way to manage your customers and sales within a single ecosystem featuring task distribution and ole assignment.
With so many offers on the web, we recommend starting from the simplest options that feature a free plan to test the system’s functionality and decide whether it suits your business needs or not. Clarify your corporate goals and define the business size to pick the best-matching small business CRM solution from our list.