Affiliate program – is one of the most widespread and profitable online marketing practices that makes it possible to reach several objectives at a time. You get a perfect opportunity to start and promote your web business and you get a superb chance to generate profit with it. The very process of affiliate marketing via the use of website builders implies the application of a certain website for traffic generation for other websites.
As a website owner, you can encourage other users to join the affiliate program of the service you cooperate with to get the revenue for this partnership. Obviously, the more customers will join the system in the long run, the higher your profit will be. The eventual sum you will get is usually calculated in percentage granted for each new client, who joins the system due to your recommendations and effort. Likewise, the revenue may be generated from the number of website hits, online sales volume and other parameters, which depend upon the terms of the partnership program.
What you need to join the affiliate program is to sign up for it and follow the terms it provides. To find the best solution offered by website builders, it makes sense to explore the most popular options available. And that’s exactly what we are going to do right away.
Top 3 Best Affiliate and Partner Programs
Wix Affiliate Program
Wix Affiliate Program – is meant for those system enthusiasts, who wish to promote the world’s leading web building platform, getting multiple revenues for joining the program. Being one of the undeniable leaders of the web design niche, Wix makes it possible to launch and manage different types of websites. This is the system that works great for all user categories – from first-timers and up to web design experts.
Everyone can join Wix Affiliate program to promote the system on their websites and earn commission fees for that. To do that, you should sign up for the Affiliate Program (the process is easy and quick – just fill out the online form to do that) and start driving new users from your website, encouraging them to join the system.
Key Features of Wix Affiliate Program:
- High Conversion Fees. The system offers over $100 for every conversion (sale) made with your affiliate link.
- Unlimited Number of Referrals. The system does not set any limits regarding the number of referrals you can drive to the website. As a result, the more traffic you drive and the more clients subscribe for a Premium Plan, the higher your profit will be.
- Dashboard Access. When joining the Affiliate Program, you get access to the Dashboard, from which you can effectively create and manage your campaigns. What you can do here is tracking traffic volume, checking payment parameters, customizing reports, viewing detailed project stats and getting access to multiple sections (Experts Webinars, News & Resources, Experts Hub, Tools & Guides, Experts Blog etc.).
You can apply for your Affiliate account on a corresponding page of the official website. The system will notify the potential Affiliate about the Confirmation/Rejection decision within the 10-day period. Mind that websites containing abusing, promotional, illegal, offensive, abusing or any other unlawful content, may not comply with the terms of the Affiliate Program and, thus, may be rejected to join it.
All the Affiliates that are allowed to join the program, will get an individual Tracking Code for accurate reporting, tracking and Referral Fee control. This will give you the permission to start promoting the website builder by plugging in Wix creatives and publishing the system links on your website, which will redirect clients to the system, encouraging them to join it. The system additionally offers an opportunity to choose landing pages covering a variety of topics (small business, tourism, portfolio etc.) your website visitors will access right from the start.
Speaking about the payments, each Affiliate will get a fixed revenue for every new Wix Premium Plan User, who joins the system via the Tracking Code provided.
- $40/user for 1-30 driven clients,
- $60/user for 30-60 clients
- $80/user for more than 51 client.
Wix will prepare the updated periodic reports, providing the sales activity of the Referred Users driven by the Affiliate. This is needed to calculate the refund amount, which will be securely protected by the system. You can get your financial refund during 45 days after the end of each calendar month unless the sum is lower than $200. In this case, the money will be automatically added to the next month’s reward. If the sum does not exceed the $200 limit during three months, Wix reserves the right to cancel the agreement with no liability followed.
All the payments are made in the US dollars via the PayPal system, wire transfer or any other option Wix considers the most appropriate for each particular case. If the system has any concerns about the fraudulent actions made by the Affiliate, it has the right to delay the payment up to 180 days to clear up the situation.
Shopify Affiliate Program
Shopify Affiliate Program – is an advanced and rewarding solution for users and regular clients of the world-popular eCommerce software. Currently, the system partners with over 800,000 businesses around the world, including the renowned brands like the New York times, RedBull, Tesla Motors, Mozilla and more. The software will work great for merchants, who will be able to smoothly present their work to the potential customers with minimum support investment, skills and experience. By joining the program, you can bring your eCommerce business to the brand new level, gaining multiple advantages from it.
Key Features of Shopify Affiliate Program:
- World-Class Product. Shopify Affiliate Program makes it possible to offer your clients cooperation with the best eCommerce industry leader, which will provide them with customized solutions and experiences that match their individual marketing needs.
- Several Partnership Options. Shopify offers four types of Partners you can choose from based on your needs and program chosen. These include Referral Partners (those, who have signed up for a Partner Account on a Shopify partner program page and promote the service by creating unique referral links or acting as VAP – Value Added Partners directly with merchants in the system’s Development Store), Developers (those, who have registered via the system’s Developer Program and are responsible for creating apps of themes), Experts (VAPs, who have entered the Shopify Experts Program and are included into the Shopify Experts Directory List) and Plus Partners (those, who comply with the terms of the Shopify Plus Partner Program).
- Special Perks. The system partners have the right to get special discounts on a wide range of software services needed for product design, business development, project management and testing.
- Financial Rewards. The system offers the revenue share, which is calculated individually based on the Partnership type and plan you go for and the number of referrals you drive to the system. You can find the detailed refund terms and reward alternatives here.
Shopify calculates the fees Partners obtain under the Reference Plan on the monthly basis upon the Receipt of Payment provided by the Merchant in case the web store is active and the Partner has completed at least one Revenue Generating Activity throughout previous 12 months. Fees are calculated by the system under the terms of the App and Theme Plans based on the revenue generated via the app or theme development. Fees applicable to the Bounty Plan or Channel Program users are also calculated once a month based on the receipt of payment provided by the Merchant for the previous two consecutive months.
The system has two Payment Periods, when it distributes the fees to the Program participants. This happens twice a month: the first Payment period extends during the first half of a month, while the second period extends during the second part of the month. In case the sum of the payment is less than $25 by the end of the Payment Period, Shopify reserves the right to withhold the payment until the end of the next payment period.
In case the system has any fraud concerns, it may postpone the payment until the risk analysis consideration or even withhold it throughout the period of investigation. The system also has the right to refuse from making the payments in a number of cases specified in the terms of the Partner Agreement.
Bluehost Affiliate Program
Bluehost Affiliate Program – is an advanced Bluehost solution that makes it possible to promote the platform on your website via the use of links and custom banners. Being the official WordPress hosting provider, the system has developed the program, which comes with simple rules and lets you generate traffic without serious time and money investment.
To enroll the program, you should initially submit the Affiliate Program Sign Up Form found at a separate page of your website. The application will further be reviewed by the experienced Bluehost team, who will notify you about the approvement or rejection decision. If you are accepted, the Affiliate Program will offer $65 per each visitor, who sign ups for the service or uses the links published at your website. Obviously, the more users you redirect to the system, the higher your revenue will be.
Key Features of Bluehost Affiliate Program:
- Free Sign Up. It takes a few minutes only to sign up for the platform and you don’t have to pay anything for that at all! Right after the registration for the program, the system will send a personalized tracking code you will have to use on your website.
- No Revenue Limits. The system doesn’t set any limits regarding the profit amount you can generate by using the Affiliate Program. The more users you redirect to Bluehost – the higher the commissions amount will be – that’s quite fair, indeed!
- Trusted Control. Bluehost uses the reliable integrated custom tracking tool. Such an advanced and customized technology helps keep track of the number of referred visitors to make sure you get full financial reward.
- Personalized Campaigns. The platform gives you an opportunity to set up and customize each campaign independently. You can use tracking links to categorize the redirected traffic and watch their performance. This is also the place, where you can compare the campaigns by a number of significant parameters, such as conversions, clicks and other features.
- Promotional Tools. With Bluehost, you can pick and add ads and banners, which perfectly match the niche, look and feel of your project. Anyway, who knows your target audience better than you do to be able to offer catchy adds that will surely drive user attention?
The commission fees are calculated on the basis of rates specified by Bluehost for each Qualified Purchase. To find out the definition and the rules implied by the “Qualified Purchase” term, it initially makes sense to read the rules of the Affiliate Program as not all the purchases made by Bluehost referred customers may be considered “Qualified”.
At the same time, the system has the right to withhold the commission fees payment, if the program participants have just joined it or have commission fees that may be qualified as “potentially fraudulent” based on the terms of the program. The commissions may be paid out only if the Affiliate provides all the required address and tax documentation.
To get the payment, the sum of the commissions should exceed $100 and in case the Qualified Purchases have been made within 90 days since the end of each calendar month. All commission fees are processed for around 45-60 days after the end of the month or any other period agreed upon with the Affiliate in advance.
The system will make the payments to the account specified in the agreement. If you need to change any of the provided info, you should obligatory mind that the change of the selected payment option in the Affiliate Program console may come into effect during two payout cycles. It’s up to you to select the PayPal or ACH payment systems to get your commission fees. Keep in mind that PayPal payments are re-issued during 120 days after the original issue date, if you decide to make any edits in the account information provided or if you refuse from using the system at all. As to the ACH payment option, Bluehost tends to offer it only to those users, whose commission balance has exceeded $5000 within the 90-day term.
Apart from the Top 3 website builders’ Affiliate programs, there are also two worthy alternatives you can also pick, when choosing a platform to work with.
uKit Affiliate Program
uKit Affiliate Program – is a beneficial profit generation solution offered by one of the best small business website builders. It makes it possible for professional web developers, freelance designers and other niche experts to earn the financial reward for the users they drive to the system.
The website builder provides 30% compensation for each newly registered referred user that is calculated on the basis of the total amount of payments this user invests into the system. uKit does not set any limits as to the maximum payment amount. The more – the better. Based on the terms of the program, you get full access to the Affiliate Control Panel with multiple promotion and marketing tools. Additionally, the program involves lots of revenue generation options, the amount, diversity and terms of which depend upon the plan chosen.
The website builder makes the payments upon webmaster’s request granted that the sum of the payment exceeds $50. The money is stored in the system for 14 days. Payments are made via PayPal or Webmoney systems.
Weebly Affiliate Program
Weebly Affiliate Program – is another popular solution provided by Weebly website builder. It works great for freelancers, who focus on the development of custom-made projects. The marketing network the system provides is also known as ShareASale program that acts as the intermediate between the website builder and a webmaster.
It offers the affiliates a variety of real time tracking, reporting tools as well as regular monthly commission fees. What’s important, the program is absolutely free for everyone, who has an intention to join it.
Among the benefits of the Weebly partnership program, it makes sense to mention the 30% commission fees charged for each driven user. The system does not impose any limits on the number of clients you can invite or the amount of commissions you can earn. Another feature is the 120 Day Cookie Window that grants greater flexibility and lets you get paid even when users hesitate to make conversions for a long time.
Finally, Weebly program lets you make the most out of your website traffic by using high EPCs of the website builder. You can get more earning opportunities due to the regular bonuses the system provides.
Weebly makes payments to the affiliates on the 20th day of each month via direct deposit, check or Payoneer system. However, to receive your payment, your commissions fees should be equal to or exceed $50.
Web design niche does not remain static – its options and advantages keep emerging on a regular basis, giving users the unlimited freedom of creation and advanced design customization options. No wonder, most users decide to test the unlimited merits of website builders to start and grow their business opportunities. In this respect, using the merits of Affiliate Programs introduced by website builders frequently proves to be a reasonable solution.
- Wix Affiliate Program is the best partnership program that works great for a broad target audience and provides a variety of revenue generation options at worthy terms.
- Shopify Affiliate Program is a perfect solution for eCommerce website owners, who are just starting their business or plan to promote it to gain traffic and high commission rates.
- Bluehost Affiliate Program is also worth the attention as the platform is the official hosting of the world-popular WordPress CMS.
uKit and Weebly are two powerful systems that have much to offer to their users as well. Both systems provide Affiliate Programs to enhance marketing and website promotion opportunities. Both website builders can be used as perfect substitutes to the Top 3 systems reviewed in the post.
Website Builders Affiliate Programs Comparison Cart
|Payment model||one time||one time||one time||permanent||one time|
|Comission fee (CPA)||from $40 to $80||from $25 to $2000||$65||30%||30%|
|Payment period||once a month||twice a month||once a month||anytime||once a month|
|Payment hold||45 days||14 days||45-60 days||14 days||20 days|
|Cookie duration||90 days||30 days||90 days||365 days||120 days|
|Payment method||PayPal, wire transfer||PayPal, ACH payment||PayPal||PayPal, Webmoney||Check, direct deposit, Payoneer|
It’s up to you to give preference to any of them, which comes up to your budget development and revenue generation needs most of all. Just take your time to weigh all the pros and cons of each system in advance not to regret the choice afterwards.