The latest stats reveal over 1.5 billion websites operating in the global web. The competition grows rapidly, making it hard for new players to enter the online marketplace. Some beginners think that it is impossible to compete with most recognizable and professionally designed blogs, forums and business portals. We have good news for you!
Contemporary web building niche unveils several popular options newbies can use to launch a quality website.
We Tested Out 10 Of The Best Website Builders For Beginners:
- Wix – The Best Website Builder for Beginners
- WordPress – Best CMS for Beginners
- Bluehost – Easiest Hosting Provider to Start With
- Mobirise – Best Software to Build a Website for Beginners
- uKit – WYSIWYG Website Builder for Small Business
- SITE123 – Easiest Website Builder for Beginners
- IM Creator – Free Drag & Drop Website Builder
- Squarespace – All-in-One SaaS Website Builder
- Weebly – Best eCommerce Website Builder for Beginners
- Jimdo – Popular Website Builder with AI Technology
Wix – The Best Website Builder for Beginners
Wix – is the best website builder for beginners, which stands out from the crowd due to its ease-of-use, intuitive web ensign approach and convenience. The system works well for all types of projects, ranging from simple blogs and portfolios and up to feature-rich business websites and digital stores. Whether you run a construction company or a fitness studio, Wix will certainly come in handy. Have a look at the main advantages of the platform now:
The platform is ideal not only for bloggers but also for entrepreneurs involved in various small business fields. No in-depth programming or serious web-building costs are required to start projects with the website builder. The platform has a free plan in addition to its affordable paid packages if you crave for more flexibility.
- Perfect for Beginners. Wix uses WYSIWYG technology, which does not imply any coding or web design proficiency. The award-winning drag-and-drop function lets users easily add and edit media files and new blocks;
- Free Mobile-Ready Designs. There is no need to look for third-party themes out there – Wix boasts a huge selection of free mobile-ready and fully-customizable templates that belong to various niches;
- Two Editing Options. The platform offers two editing options to match diverse needs of users – Wix ADI that implies automated web design approach works best for newbies, while Standard Wix Editor allows for deeper design customization;
- Widgets and Add-Ons. Wix App Market is a real godsend for beginners who want to customize their website and make it more user-friendly – just pick a widget from the list and attach it to a necessary page;
- Blogging and eCommerce. The website builder comes with integrated blogging and eCommerce engines that let you easily set and manage quality blogs and digital stores.
Wix is one of the most affordable yet feature-laden services. Its free plan allows testing the entire feature set of the website builder, while diversity of paid subscriptions makes it possible to pick the one that comes up to user’s needs most of all. Wix plans fall into two groups, namely Website and Business/eCommerce. Each group, correspondingly, is represented by several other plans that differ in terms and features included. The cost of Website Wix plans starts at $13/mo, while that of Business subscriptions starts at $23/mo.
WordPress – Best CMS for Beginners
WordPress – is the best CMS for beginners and it’s also the easiest one. The software unveils multiple design customization opportunities and comes with a powerful feature set needed to start and manage full-featured projects. The system has distinguished itself as one of the most feature-laden platforms that can be used to launch all types of personal and business projects. Being initially created for blogging purposes, WordPress has evolved into the world-known website development platform that now requires certain web design background and coding awareness. The list of crucial WordPress advantages that matter for newbies is as follows:
- Ease of Installation. As a CMS, WordPress requires preliminary download and installation – just follow the guidelines the system generates to properly install the platform and start using it for website development;
- Powerful Plugin Integration Options. Apart from ready-made built in extensions and templates, WordPress allows for extensive integration of plugins and themes available on the web;
- Extensive Blogging Tools. WordPress is initially known as a blogging platform and, thus, it comes with multiple blogging tools and capabilities, which enhance your blog promotion (you can add, edit and schedule posts here, set up RSS feeds and email subscriptions, enable/disable commenting options etc.);
- No Coding Required. Although, WordPress implies HTML knowledge for those users, who intend to start full-featured websites, it is still possible to create a simple project with the CMS for users, who don’t have any coding skills at all;
- Complete Website Customization. WordPress allows for absolute website customization, letting you create any website layout and structure, upload media files, choose website design elements and functionality that adheres to your project needs.
WordPress is a free Content Management System users can download, install and use without any fees at all. The service also implies integration of external templates and plugins, which are both free and paid. It makes sense to give preference to paid extensions and plugins because of their enhanced quality, safety and functionality. Along with that, WordPress implies the need to choose a reliable hosting provider as well as purchase a domain name to boost your website reputation. In this respect, Bluehost seems to be the best solution as it is professional, reliable, secure and affordable. What’s more, Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress as the top choice for the CMS users, who value credibility and functionality above all. The cheapest Bluehost subscription costs $2.95/mo, which is a cost-effective and affordable solution for everyone.
Bluehost – Easiest Hosting Provider to Start With
Bluehost – is the easiest hosting provider to start with for users who have never been involved in website development before. This is a credible, safe and powerful system, which is a great choice for storing any type of project. The platform has distinguished itself as the top host, which is officially recommended by WordPress due to its reputability, functionality and broad range of services/features provided at reasonable cost. To decide whether the system works well for you or not, have a look at its rich feature set now:
- Flexibility. The hosting provider seamlessly integrates with multiple external services, add-ons and apps, which can boost your project performance, bringing it to the brand new level;
- Safety. Bluehost stands out from the crowd due to its security and attention to spam protection – the system comes with a broad range of safety tools, including Spam Expert, Spam Hammer, reliable hotlink protection feature to provide absolute security of website hosted with the system etc.;
- Rich Marketplace. Bluehost boasts a rich integrated marketplace, which offers an opportunity to choose from multiple scripts, apps and add-ons to contribute to your website performance;
- High Uptime Rates and Fast Page Load Speed. Bluehost focuses on the enhancement of page load speed and uptime rates to bring your website to the brand new level.
When it comes to the pricing aspect, Bluehost proves to be quite an affordable solution. The system has two plans for everyone willing to use its features to the advantage. The cheapest Bluehost subscription will cost you $2.95/mo, offering each and every subscriber an opportunity to use free SSL connection option, unlimited bandwidth, multiple regular WordPress updates and other merits.
Mobirise – Best Software to Build a Website for Beginners
Mobirise – is the best software to build a website for beginners. This is one of the most intuitive and convenient web design platforms that requires download and installation. The system has everything a beginner might need to get started with the first project. Offering a set of handy web design features, Mobirise makes it possible to launch and manage all kinds of projects, ranging from one-page websites and up to portfolios and business websites. To find out what exactly Mobirise has to offer you, have a look at the platform’s advantages:
- Block-Based Structure. The website builder allows expanding your web page layout via content blocks integration. Users may choose from over 4000 quality, customizable and easy-to-manage blocks in 5 free, more than 100 premium HTML themes and over 300 home page samples;
- Mobirise Extensions. The system grants access to the extensive selection of integrable extensions that can make your project interactive and engaging for the target audience (Lazy Load, PayPal, Facebook, Disqus, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Google Maps, Soundcloud etc);
- AMP Support. Mobirise comes with advanced Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support, which makes it possible to enhance overall website performance along with users’ mobile browsing experience;
- Blogging and eCommerce. With Mobirise, you can now set up and customize blog pages and digital stores via shop/blog blocks integration;
- Domain and Hosting. As an offline web design software, Mobirise implies the need to look for a trusted and secure hosting provider along with the domain choice.
Mobirise is a free offline software for each and every user. You can test and use the system for your web design requirements without any fees at all. Mind, however, that you will still need to invest into hosting and domain name to be able to establish reliable web presence. Bluehost, the cost of which starts at $2.95/mo, proves to be the best solution here. Additionally, you may face the necessity to get some of the add-ons and themes the system has in stock to boost your project performance. The cost of ready-made Mobirise templates constitutes $49, while that of widgets differs with regard to the add-on type you go for. If you expect to avail deeper functionality from the software, you can go for its Code Editor tool that currently costs $69.
uKit – WYSIWYG Website Builder for Small Business
uKit – is the easiest WYSIWYG website builder for small business websites, which works well for beginners. The system stands out from the crowd due to its amazing simplicity, high end functionality and affordability. The service comes with the convenient WYSIWYG editor that makes it easy to control all the stages of the website development process in action. Opt for uKit and benefit from the following advantages:
- Mobile Responsive Templates. The system has a choice of stylish and well-designed themes that are mobile responsive and available free for all uKit users;
- Customizable Pages. The website builder lets you use the available free widgets to customize each page and increase users’ engagement;
- Temporary Website Management Rights. uKit lets you assign project management rights to those users you plan to cooperate with, letting you control the process of website development;
- No Coding Required. The use of uKit does not require technical skills, which is one of the most distinctive advantages of the website builder – so intuitive and understandable for everyone it is;
- SSL Certificate. uKit allows connecting free SSL Certificate to your website to ensure its maximum security, preservation of confidential user’ information and anti-spam protection.
uKit is certainly a good software for those, who search for cheap yet effective website builder for beginners. The system allows putting ease of use on your wallet, getting a worthy website instead. The monthly prices range from $4 to $12. They already include free templates, domain, and hosting. There is also the 14-day trial that lets you test the features of the plans you are interested in to make the right choice afterwards.
SITE123 – Easiest Website Builder for Beginners
SITE123 – is the easiest website builder for beginners that stands out from the crowd due to its intuitive and hassle-free web design approach, abundance of design customization tools, quality and customizable themes and extensive integration options. The system allows starting all types of personal and business projects, adhering to the needs of newbies as well as of web design pros. No coding background is needed to work with the system. The most impressive SITE123 highlights are as follows:
- Blogging and eCommerce. The platform offers blogging and eCommerce functionality by default, letting its subscribers run feature-rich blogs and web stores with no programming knowledge required;
- Multilanguage Support. The website builder allows starting web projects in different languages to comply with your project needs;
- Integration Options. SITE123 grants access to multiple extensions and add-ons available in its App Market (the most popular tools include Forms, Live Chat Support, Galleries, Analytics Tools, Social, Booking etc.);
- Logo Maker. As a newbie, you may not have a website logo – with SITE123, you will easily design and integrate the one into your project to enhance its performance;
- Social Media Integration. The platform lets you pick and integrate social media elements as well as a hgn end Form Builder into your website for more effective project promotion.
SITE123 is not only one of the simplest web design platforms – it’s also one of the most cost-effective solutions for beginners. There is a free plan here that allows testing baseline system functionality. To get access to advanced tools, you have to subscribe to one of four premium subscriptions, the cheapest of which costs $10.80/mo.
IM Creator – Free Drag & Drop Website Builder
IM Creator – is a free drag & drop website builder, which impresses users with its smooth, convenient, simple and hassle-free web design approach. There is no need to learn complex coding basics or web design nuances to get started with your new project. The system has all the tools and features available in stock to let first-timers develop their websites with ease. The platform works best for creatives, artists and small business owners yet it can be used by other users as well. Have a look at IM Creator highlights below:
- Responsive Designs. The platform has quite a nice collection of free templates which are customizable and responsive by default – just pick a niche you specialize in to find the theme that works best for your project;
- Blogging and eCommerce. IM Creator ensures simple and convenient blog/web store development, granting access to multiple niche tools available in stock – browse them to launch your personal/business blog or to run a small/medium web store with the system;
- Social Media Options. The platform ensures broad and versatile social media integration options that let you customize social media buttons to promote your project on the web;
- Powerful Integrations. The system allows expanding your website functionality by integrating quality add-ons and widgets (OpenTable reservation form, SoundCloud audio player, Google event schedule list, PDF viewer,Facebook comments etc. are some of the best extensions to go for);
- Multilingual Support. IM Creator comes with multilingual support that makes it possible to launch web projects in different languages to comply with users’ needs, project specialization, business objectives and other parameters.
The website builder is a reasonably-priced system. One of its highlights is that it is absolutely free for non-commercial projects. If you are an artist, a student or a small business owner willing to launch a website with IM Creator, you’ll need to pay $8/mo to use the entire system advantages. This is the cheapest subscription the website builder currently offers to its users.
Squarespace – All-In-One SaaS Website Builder
Squarespace – is the all-in-one SaaS website builder, which has won worldwide popularity as a system that has much to offer to its subscribers. The platform delivers a broad range of tools and features to beginners and web design experts that help facilitate the process of website development. You don’t have to be a coding pro to work with Squarespace – just watch the guidelines and tips it generates to run a personal/business project with it. To find out what exactly the system has it stock, explore the points listed below:
- Responsive Designs. Squarespace has a collection of quality responsive designs, which are free and customizable, although, there quality is not that rich as compared to other systems;
- Blogging/eCommerce. The website builder will be a nice pick for users willing to run blogs and online stores as it lets you set up these projects, using the rich integrated functionality available in stock;
- Multilingual Tool. The software comes with multilingual support, making it possible to set up personal/business websites in different languages of your choice;
- Advanced Image Editing Options. With Squarespace, you can get access to high end image editing tools that lets you customize your project images with ease (Image Editor, Cover Page Builder, Logo Maker, Page Editor etc.);
- Integrations. The website builder grants access to multiple integrations that help you get the most out of your project performance (Acuity Scheduling Platform, Unfold App, Google maps, online calendar etc.).
Squarespace is moderately-priced. The website builder doesn’t have a free plan yet there are four premium subscriptions to choose from. Their cost starts at $12/mo. The plan includes everything a beginner needs to get started with a quality project. The more features you expect to avail – the more expensive plan you should upgrade to.
Weebly – Best eCommerce Website Builder for Beginners
Weebly – is the best eCommerce website builder for beginners, which mostly targets non-proficient users yet still has much to offer to more experienced subscribers. The system was initially created as a blogging software yet it has gained eCommerce focus after its merge with Square platform. This happened in 2018. Since that time, Weebly has become one of the most feature-rich and convenient systems for digital store startups. Here is what the website builder offers you:
- Powerful eCommerce Features. The platform allows starting small and medium online stores, granting access to powerful eCommerce features/tools (integrated shopping cart, eCommerce templates, product/order management, marketing and web promotion tools etc.);
- Weebly Promote Tool. The website builder allows for effective organization and management of email marketing campaigns to enhance your project performance and online accessibility;
- Blogging. The system also allows connecting and customizing feature-rich blogs, using a set of tools it has in stock;
- Extensive Video Hosting Options. Weebly makes it possible to upload and publish videos at your website in one of two ways – either by YouTube integration or by using Weebly hosting;
- App Center. The platform lets you choose and integrate widget and extensions available in its App Market (LiveChat, PinPoll, Call-Out-Box are some of the samples you can use here).
Weebly has a moderate pricing policy. There is a free plan that never expires and lets you practice your skills. To get access to more advanced features, you will have an opportunity to subscribe to one of three premium subscriptions. The cost of the most affordable plan currently constitutes $6/mo.
Jimdo – Popular Website Builder with AI Technology
Jimdo – is a popular website builder with AI technology, which overcomes its multiple system competitors due to its stunning simplicity, affordability, responsive nature, intuitive web design approach and availability of Artificial Intelligence tool. The system can be chosen to start all kinds of projects for commercial and noncommercial use. It doesn’t require coding proficiency, which makes it a nice bet for beginners. Interested in what Jimdo has to offer? Go ahead to review the list below:
- Jimdo Dolphin. This is an advanced AI-based tool, which lets system subscribers get started with their web projects, using the automated web design approach – just provide the information the website builder requires and watch the way it builds a website for you;
- Blogging/eCommerce. Jimdo allow starting and customizing blog pages and web stores from scratch, using the tools it has in stock;
- Multilingual Support. With Jimdo, you can start a website in several language versions based on your project/business requirements;
- Powerful Integrations. The website builder grants access to multiple widgets/extensions you can integrate into your website to get the most out of uits performance (Tidio Live Chat, Infogr.am infographics, Eventbrite ticketing, social media platforms, YouTube, Logo Creator, Legal Text Generator, business Listing tools etc.);
- Responsive Designs. Jimdo has over 30 free, ready-made templates that are responsive by default and can be equally used with Jomdo Dolphin and Standard Website Editor.
Jimdo has a free basic account, which lets you test the system to see how it works and whether it complies with your requirements. Ready to go live with your project? Then go ahead to pick a premium subscription. There are four of them here with the cheapest plan costing $7.50/mo.
Website Builders – The Best Choice for Beginners
Website builders eliminate the need to discuss such issues as HTML, coding or graphic design. The come as a handy tool for newbies who not only seek the opportunity of fast and easy website building, but also want to put an ease on the wallet.
Up-to-date platforms make it easy to handle the creation of any website from a simple one-page resource to a complex webshop or business card. The main advantages for beginners are as follows:
- Ease-of-Use – no coding or web design skills are required. Start creating a solid website and publish it within a couple of hours;
- Cost-Effective Solution – choose a matching plan and save on free domain and hosting provided by website building platforms. Benefit from free plans;
- Adaptive Templates – build a mobile-ready website with just a several clicks away. Let your users access your website using any mobile device despite OS, screen resolution and size;
- Features and Add-Ons – modern software delivers enough handful features including basic SEO settings, widgets, third-party integrations and more.
As a result, beginners get a single solution to resolve multiple tasks. Users save money and get a bunch of effective tools to build, publish and promote their newly established websites without special skills.
What Is The Best Website Builder for Newbies?
The choice of the right website builder should depend upon several must-have factors.The most important of them are the complexity and type of the project you intend to develop, the features you wish to implement, your web design proficiency, the budget you plan to invest into the project and some other crucial nuances. Each of the systems listed above comes up to the completion of a certain web design task and offers a specific feature set needed to start and manage websites with it.
While uKit is, probably, the cheapest platform available on the web perfect for building catchy portfolios and blogs, Wix boasts a wider range of advanced features like eCommerce and SEO. WordPress is the best CMS you can master to start a personal/business website, although, it requires certain web design background and coding proficiency. Mobirise is the easiest offline website builder that works great for beginners, while Bluehost is the safest and the most flexible hosting provider you can pick to store and manage your project.
Other Ways to Build a Website for Beginners
The fact that you are a newbie doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try learning HTML basics to build high quality websites from scratch. If you intend to move in this direction, the simplest tool to start with is a Notepad or any other text editor. In this case, the structure of any website you’ll work at will have the following look:
<title>My Web Page Name</title>
<meta name=”description” content=”This is – the upper website part“>
<p>Website Text and Image.</p>
As a rule, such files are saved in the txt format. Prior to saving them, though, you should manually change the format to HTML. Such files will automatically open in the browser, which is convenient for visitors.
As soon as you master the “code science”, you can try switching to more complicated programs – frameworks. These programs require strong knowledge of coding. Using them is sometimes a challenge for web design pros, not to mention newbies.
Frameworks are generally used to develop complicated technical projects, bulky and large online stores with individual structure and web applications. It takes much time and effort to work with them. Thus, these programs work best for web studios and web design professionals. As of today, the most well-known frameworks include Ruby on Rails, Django, Yii, Symphony, Flask, Padrino etc.
Building a Website From Scratch for Beginners: How to Start?
Getting started with a new website is probably the most challenging task for beginners. Most of them are afraid of dealing with codes and web design. Others cannot afford hiring custom development teams. Luckily, website builders come as a good solution to all problems. However, you need to handle some core issues and steps on your own:
- Define the Goal – first of all, set clear targets and define the purpose of your website. Why do you need it? How can it be helpful for users? What type of content would it contain? Defining the goals will let you choose the right platform that meets your needs and website complexity.
- Choose a Platform – now, you have a clear vision of how your website will serve its users. You understand the features it should have as well as general complexity. It is high time you chose software depending on your goals. Whether you need a simple blog or a digital store, opt for a platform with necessary tools and features.
- Pick a Domain – a domain is a vital part of your future website. Make it unique and relevant to the content of your website. If you act as a fitness coach, use your surname and keywords related to your niche. Website builders generally offer free domain.
- Choose a Hosting – now you need to choose a place to store your website and its files. Choose a hosting with enough storage facilities and bandwidth. Website builders’ paid plans include free hosting to meet any requirements depending on your website complexity.
- Start Writing – now, you need to fill your website with content. Start writing texts to all available web pages and section describing your services or goods, add guest posts for your blog. Make sure you provide relevant content that is search engine friendly. Website builders have baseline SEO tools that let you easily focus on a specific keyword or phrase.
- Add Media Content – the latest researches show that videos and high-quality images improve users’ engagement. Add different media content of any format to stand out with a simple drag-and-drop section delivered by website builders.
- Get Social – social networks are still the driving force online. Whenever you need to increase website’s recognition, add social sharing buttons to let users interact with the website via platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Keep your content constantly updated and relevant, compare, contrast your main competitors in the niche, and make your website better.
Building a website from scratch sounds like a nightmare for beginners without coding skills. At the same time, limited budgets prevent them from hiring custom developers that cost a fortune. Luckily, there are several cheap and affordable web building options beginners might consider based on their web design expertise, skillfulness, time, effort and money they are ready to invest. The most popular solutions currently include online website builders, CMS and other ways of launching a website.
- Website builders are the easiest and the most convenient services to be used for web building needs. They are so intuitive and understandable that even beginners can cope with their features and use them to the advantage. Among a variety of website builders one can find in the contemporary niche, Wix and uKit proved to be the simplest and the most affordable solutions for newbies. They are easy to use, flexible and ensure decent results, while the cost is pretty affordable.
- CMS come with more advanced feature sets and options than website builders. This, however, doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to use content management systems, if you are a newbie. If you have the desire to explore these services, you should get ready that you’ll need effort and time to cope with the task. WordPress is great for a good start. It comes with multiple tutorials, manuals and online communities providing beginners with how-to guidelines that will help you cope with the task with maximum efficacy and minimum waste of time.
- As to the other web building ways, beginners may start with mastering coding basics by using any html editor. This option, however, may work well for practicing and improving the skills, but not for regular use. This is because it is already outdated and not used by professionals. If you feel that you have practiced enough and are ready to proceed to more complex systems, you can use frameworks. These platforms are the most challenging and only proficient web designers may launch powerful websites with them.
Whatever option you will eventually go for, it always makes sense to test it first. However, if you know right from the start that your web design expertise won’t be enough to use a complex platform, website builders are always at hand. By using these systems, you will achieve decent result with minimum investment of time, knowledge, effort and money.