The latest stats reveal over a billion websites operation in the global web. The competition grows rapidly making it hard for new players to enter the online marketplace. Some beginners think that it is impossible to compete with most recognizable and professionally designed blogs, forums and business portals. We have a good news for you!
Website builders eliminate the need to discuss such issues as HTML, coding or graphic design. The come as a handy tool for newbies who not only seek the opportunity of fast and easy website building, but also want to put an ease on the wallet.
Up-to-date platforms make it easy to handle the creation of any website from a simple one-page resource to a complex webshop or business card. The main advantages for beginners are as follows:
- Ease-of-Use – no coding or web design skills are required. Start creating a solid website and publish it within a couple of hours;
- Cost-Effective Solution – choose a matching plan and save on free domain and hosting provided by website building platforms. Benefit from free plans;
- Adaptive Templates – build a mobile-ready website with just a several clicks away. Let your users access your website using any mobile device despite OS, screen resolution and size;
- Features and Add-Ons – modern software delivers enough handful features including basic SEO settings, widgets, third-party integrations and more.
As a result, beginners get a single solution to resolve multiple tasks. Users save money and get a bunch of effective tools to build, publish and promote their newly established websites without special skills.
What Is The Best Website Builder for Beginners?
Choosing the right website builder depends on a set of features you want to implement as well as general website complexity. While uKit is probably the cheapest platform available on the web perfect for building catchy portfolios and blogs, WIX boasts a wider range of advanced features like e-commerce and SEO. All you need is to set clear targets and define the purpose of your website. Once you are done with that, opt for any the following website builders.
|Best for:||Classic websites, e-stores||Small websites, landings|
|Easiness||Piece of cake||30 min to complete a website|
|Templates:||Professional templates||Mobile responsive designs|
|Features:||Whatever you wnat||Business widgets|
|SEO:||Seo WIZ||GA integration|
|Pricing Options:||Free to $24.50/mo||$4 to $12/mo|
#1. Wix – Free Website Builder for Beginners
WIX is a multi-purpose website builder to meet various requirements. It is good for a solid webshop with different categories and e-commerce settings as well as for a business website or portfolio. Whether you run a construction company or fitness studio, WIX will come in handy. Have a look at its main advantages:
- Perfect for Beginners – WIX uses WYSIWYG technology, which means no coding or graphic design. The award-winning drag-and-drop function lets users easily add media files and new blocks. Editing tools make it easy to change or remove content, customize pages, etc.;
- Professionally Designed Templates – WIX boasts a huge selection of FREE templates. They represent different fields from recreation and sports to e-commerce and design. All templates are mobile optimized and ready to use on smartphones and tablets;
- Free Plan – a great option for beginners who require a simple or one-page website with minimum content and extra features. Once you need a more complicated website, choose a paid plan including a free domain and hosting;
- Widgets and Add-Ons – WIX App Market is a real godsend for beginners who want to customize their website and make it more user-friendly. Simply choose a widget from the list and attach it to a necessary page.
WIX lets users easily make any changes without hiring professional developers. It comes as a flexible and cost-effective platform delivering all features you need to build a website.
#2. uKit – The Easiest Website Builder for Beginners
If you do not crave for complexity and call for a simple business website, a landing page or portfolio to stand out, uKit is obviously a good option. You will hardly find a more affordable platform with the same number of features and tools for creating a solid website effortlessly. Opt for uKit and benefit from the following:
- Affordable Price – put an ease on your wallet and build a decent website despite your budget. The monthly prices range from $4 to $12. They already include free templates, domain, and hosting;
- Mobile Responsive Templates – a selection of stylish and well-designed themes will let you choose a template for any need. All templates are mobile responsive and available free for all uKit users;
- Baseline Promotion – your blog or portfolio require promotion online to stand out. uKit delivers some fundamental SEO tools and settings to ensure higher search engine rankings. Use focused keywords, set meta titles and descriptions;
- Customizable Pages – use available widgets to customize each page and increase users’ engagement. All widgets are free.
uKit is certainly a good software for those who search for cheap yet effective website builder for beginners.
Building a Website From Scratch for Beginners: How to Start?
Getting started with a new website is probably the most challenging task for beginners. Most of them are afraid of dealing with codes and web design. Others cannot afford hiring custom development teams. Luckily, website builders come as a good solution to all problems. However, you need to handle some core issues and steps on your own:
- Define the Goal – first of all, set clear targets and define the purpose of your website. Why do you need it? How can it be helpful for users? What type of content would it contain? Defining the goals will let you choose the right platform that meets your needs and website complexity.
- Choose a Platform – now, you have a clear vision of how your website will serve its users. You understand the features it should have as well as general complexity. It is high time you chose software depending on your goals. Whether you need a simple blog or a digital store, opt for a platform with necessary tools and features.
- Pick a Domain – a domain is a vital part of your future website. Make it unique and relevant to the content of your website. If you act as a fitness coach, use your surname and keywords related to your niche. Website builders generally offer free domain.
- Choose a Hosting – now you need to choose a place to store your website and its files. Choose a hosting with enough storage facilities and bandwidth. Website builders’ paid plans include free hosting to meet any requirements depending on your website complexity.
- Start Writing – now, you need to fill your website with content. Start writing texts to all available web pages and section describing your services or goods, add guest posts for your blog. Make sure you provide relevant content that is search engine friendly. Website builders have baseline SEO tools that let you easily focus on a specific keyword or phrase.
- Add Media Content – the latest researches show that videos and high-quality images improve users’ engagement. Add different media content of any format to stand out with a simple drag-and-drop section delivered by website builders.
- Get Social – social networks are still the driving force online. Whenever you need to increase website’s recognition, add social sharing buttons to let users interact with the website via platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Keep your content constantly updated and relevant, compare, contrast your main competitors in the niche, and make your website better.
Building a website from scratch sounds like a nightmare for beginners without coding skills. At the same time, limited budgets prevent them from hiring custom developers that cost a fortune. Wix and uKit have proved to be a cheaper and simpler solution for newbies. They are easy to use while the prices are pretty low.
The only challenge is to choose a platform that will meet your expectations. This is why you need to follow core steps to build a website from scratch. The guide includes some general tips that can be easily handled with the help of website builders. From a free domain and hosting to content editing and promotion tools – benefit from a strong web representation effortlessly.