If you are right about to set up your law business or already run it, then you might be interested in the opportunity to get a website of your own. Actually, you may hear lots of ongoing discussions concerning the pros and cons of having an attorney website.
No matter how persuading these arguments sound, you should have your own opinion. To help you get the one, we have compiled the list of reasons that speak in favor of establishing your online presence:
- An attorney website will make you reachable any time of the day. This helps save your time and effort as well as those of your clients. Even if you have your law office, you don’t have to be present there all the day long. Instead, you can schedule appointments and meetings on the web and then leave to settle your problems, knowing that your current and potential clients will always have a chance to find your contacts and get in touch with you via your website 24/7.
- Quality websites, designed in a professional way, always build client trust. Most clients believe that if an attorney doesn’t have a website, he/she is not serious about the business. If the website is available, however, this boosts client credibility.
- A website is a place, where clients may leave their comments, reviews and testimonials. They can be further browsed by other users, who are just going to use your services, to find out more about your company and professionalism.
- Website is primarily a valuable information source each client needs to learn more about you. This is the place, where users may read info about the niche you specialize in, your credentials, company news and what not. Just make sure you update the website on time to keep your clients aware of everything they might be interested in.
That being said, a quality website is a must-have for any attorney, who sees the mission in client attraction and business advancement.
If you are ready to get the one of your own and don’t wish to hire web designers, who charge high fees for their services, then you can easily cope with your website creation process yourself by means of using an attorney website builder. These services are specially created with the needs of newbies in mind and offer the following benefits, including:
- Convenience and Ease of Use. Website builders are simple and convenient enough to ensure intuitive web building process for everyone, who doesn’t have coding skills or web design experience. There is no need to waste your time and effort learning web design nuances. Just follow the instructions and launch the website in less than no time.
- Thematic Templates. One of the major reasons that make website builders stand out from the crowd is the availability of thematic templates. You can choose the one for your company when using a law firm website builder. What’s more, the majority of these templates are responsive and optimized for different types of mobile devices.
- Affordable Cost. If you compare the plans and prices charged by website builders with other web building tools, you can’t but notice how affordable they are. Some website builders offer trials for no cost at all to help users decide on the most suitable service they are going to work with.
- SEO Advantages. Website builders do not only feature lots of benefits, but they also come with advanced SEO characteristics that make it possible to increase your company visibility and availability in the global network.
The benefits mentioned above cannot be left unnoticed when it comes to choosing the best website builder to create stunning law firm website design. Fortunately, there are several services you can make use of to successfully cope with the task. There are two website builders, however, that are the best choice here. These are Wix (see detailed review) and uKit (see detailed review).
Wix – The Best Website Builder for Lawyer
Wix is a cloud website builder that was specially created for newbies, who don’t have any experience in website development and promotion. The service is completely code-free and has many quality templates known for their simple customizability. By the way, you can find a separate “Finance & Law” category here to select the template that comes up to your requirements and niche specialization most of all. All Wix templates are responsive, which makes it simpler for your clients to view your website on any mobile device they are using.
Wix offers several paid plans, including a free one you can use to test the functionality of the system. You can use this free plan for as long as you need due to the absence of the trial period and upgrade to the paid one for advanced functionality.
You may also check handpicked Wix examples to see what websites are powered by that platform.
uKit – The Easiest Platform for Law Firm Website
uKit is another popular WYSIWYG website builder, which is in demand with users these days. The system is launched with the needs of small business owners in mind and makes it possible to create excellent designs. No coding skills are required to create a stunning attorney website design with uKit. Due to the availability of several legal templates, you can just choose the one that meets your needs most of all and start customizing it to get a full-featured website. These templates are also mobile-optimized.
uKit offers four subscription types and a 7-day free trial period. There is no free plan here, but the trial week is more than enough to test the features of the platform and make your choice. Or you may take a look at real uKit examples to see whether it suits you. All in all, uKit is very convenient and easy-to-use. This is exactly what a newbie needs.
How to Create an Attorney Website
Launching an attorney website with a website builder of your choice is super-easy and quick. A few steps only are enough to successfully complete the process. These include:
- Register with the System. The signup process is quick and simple. It takes a couple of minutes only and is completed right at the website. After the registration, you are redirected to the dashboard with all the tools required to work on your project.
- Choose a Template. As mentioned above, website builders have quality templates and you should choose the one for further customization. If there is a template making it possible to create a decent attorney website design, choose it without any hesitations to simplify the web building process.
- Upload Content. Website builder templates generally contain niche-specific demo content. Replace it with that of your own, adjusting it as needed.
- Connect the Domain. Most website builders allow connecting your own domain name granted that you decide to upgrade to one of the paid plans of your choice. You can use free subdomain, of course, but if you really aim at effective SEO promotion of your law company, then you won’t go without a paid plan.
- Publish Your Website! As soon as you are done with the steps discussed above, you are ready to publish and promote your attorney website!
Must-Have Elements for an Attorney Website
Any niche website comes with specific features and elements typical for it – those that are the most important for the clients. An attorney website is not an exception. Here is the list of must-have elements this website type is unthinkable without:
- About Us Page. This is the page, where you can tell everything you consider important about your company. You can tell the story of your professional advancement and provide other related info that may help boost client interest, encouraging them to get in touch with you.
- Services. The list of services is a must for an attorney website. The thing is that your niche areas may differ from those of your competitors and your clients should be aware of that. There are attorneys, who specialize in a certain field only (like immigration or family law, for example) as well as those, who deal with different types of cases.
- Testimonials. Client testimonials help build your client trust granted that they are written by real clients with no post-moderation. The more positive reviews and testimonials your company has, the higher the chances to gain new clients prove to be.
- News. Whatever company news you have, it’s quicker and easier to share them at your website. Clients usually appreciate the possibility to be aware of vital information they are interested in, so, this section is quite important.
- Blog. If your aim is not only to establish online presence, but to provide users with information they may find useful, then adding a blog is a smart move. This is where you can publish niche articles to make it possible for users to find answers to their questions.
- Live Chat. Live chat support is a valuable addition to any attorney website. The thing is that most people are not that informed in legal aspects and they might need qualified assistance any time of the day. Live chat experts should be available online to help people solve their problems, especially if you are out of the office quite often, being unable to react on time.
- Contacts. There is hardly an attorney website without the contacts section. How else can your clients get in touch with you in a simple and comfy way? Just make sure you provide enough contacts to simplify users’ search.
It’s crucial for any attorney or law firm to have a website today. This is a valuable source of information for your clients and a powerful marketing tool for your business. This website can help beat the competitors, grow your client base and boost your reputation.
The simplest way to build an attorney website today is to use a website builder. These platforms are easy and understandable for newbies, but proficient web designers have already got used to using them to create client websites as well. They come with a nice set of features and tools required to build a decent website. Offering rich galleries of responsive templates, these services come up to the needs of most users. Wix and uKit are the most popular platforms you should make use of to build your attorney website.