Adobe Muse is a website builder software, which is initially focused on the needs of users, who have certain web design background, degree of coding awareness and experience in the development of complicated projects. But what about those users, who are the newbies in this niche?
What about those, who have just made up their mind to create a full-featured website and look for a decent Adobe Muse alternative to get started successfully and with ease? In this respect, you won’t find a better solution than website builders. The most persuasive and meaningful advantage of these systems is that they are specially created with the needs, skills and endeavours of beginners in mind.
Best Adobe Muse Alternatives
Website builders provide exceptional ease of use, convenience, functionality, intuitive nature and affordability. These are those factors that initially affect the decision of users, who are searching for a worthy substitute to Adobe Muse. Whether you are a web design pro or a newcomer interested in the niche and willing to test and improve your web design abilities, website builders will work best for the completion of your tasks.
If you have made up your mind, the review of the best services that work well for the prevailing amount of users will be of great importance. In this article, we are going to talk about Wix, uKit and WordPress – the systems that are currently considered the best Adobe Muse alternatives. Here is why.
Wix – is a website builder that rightfully deserves the title of the “best Adobe Muse” alternative. The system is amazingly simple, understandable and convenient especially for those users, who haven’t been involved in website development before. There is no need to possess programming knowledge to create a full-featured project with Wix – simple and easy pop-up and integrated tips or prompts will let you launch a unique website from scratch without any coding skills at all. Let’s see what exactly Wix has to offer us right now:
- Professional Templates. The design gallery of the website builder currently encompasses over 550 professional high quality templates that are subdivided into thematic groups for user convenience. Website templates provided by default are mobile-ready, adapting to any desktop and mobile devices without the need to make any edits in advance.
- Customization Tools. Whatever template you will go for, it will be 100% customizable, with lots of free and paid features (like graphic elements, design settings, slideshow integration, cinemagraphs, media files and social network buttons integration etc.) to be used for this purpose.
- Design Editing Options. For users, who lack web design experience, Wix offers two major ways to get started with their projects – Wix ADI and Standard Wix Editor. While the innovative Wix Artificial Design Intelligence tool will help you automatically design a website by using the previously submitted content, the Standard Editor will make it possible for you to create your own project from scratch by manually editing it. This is how you can not only make your website more unique, but also improve your own coding skills.
- Mobile Editor. Wix templates are not responsive, but the mobile editor of the service allows creating their mobile versions on your own. This means that your can completely modify your website mobile view even on the go, without making these changes visible in the desktop website version. However, all the changes you make in the desktop mode are inevitably displayed in the mobile version to keep users aware of the latest news and updates.
- Blogging Engine. Wix makes it possible to launch and manage blogs 24/7. Due to the integrated blogging engine, you’ll be able to add and edit posts, assign new features and functions to the existing posts, plan scheduled publications, modify general bog settings, single out a Featured Posts section, add tags, select and customize blog templates or feeds etc.
- eCommerce Options. With Wix, you can create and manage a small or mid-sized online store. The system allows designing appealing and functional show windows to effectively display the products you offer for sale, manage and update the web store any time of the day, adjust payment and shipping details, tax settings, choose and customize eCommerce templates, ensure safe and easy shopping process, import/export products from the CSV files, ensure 24/7 client support and other multiple benefits customers will appreciate.
- Wix Code. The website builder is not focused on professional website development, but it has a great tool to offer to its users. This is the Wix Code tool, which allows launching and setting up complex web apps that look and function professionally. There is no need to fight with codes and complex web design tools here – what you need instead is to follow the tips provided in the interface to create your own applications and effects for the advanced website performance.
Cost: Wix is more than affordable website builder. To test the system, you can make use of the free plan that never expires for as long as you need that. For users, who decide to upgrade to higher plans, the system unveils an opportunity to choose between five paid subscriptions, which differ in the services, tools and terms offered as well as in the price aspect. The cost of the paid plans starts with $4.50 for the most cost-effective solution to reach $24.50 for the most expensive offer. Wix also frequently offers discounts and special offers for first-time and loyal users.
uKit – is a website builder, which is the best Adobe Muse alternative for those, who need a small business website. Despite the business focus of the service, it is possible to create other types of full-featured projects with it – so intuitive, easy and functional the website builder is. Even inexperienced web masters will be able to master uKit and launch a website with it in a few hours only – from the moment you register with the service and up to the moment you publish the ready-made project. Sounds fantastically? Have a look at the feature set of the system to make sure it’s not a joke:
- WYSIWYG Website Editor. The website builder is initially worth the attention due to its amazing simplicity and convenience. It comes with a handy WYSIWYG website editor that displays all the edits you make on a page and lets you fix them on time. The drag-and-drop feature contributes to the ease-of-use and convenience.
- Responsive Template Collection. uKit template choice is a bit less extensive than that offered by Wix, but this doesn’t concern the quality aspect. As of today, the website builder offers over 400 professional category-specific templates, all of which are responsive by default. Whatever template you will go for, you’ll be able to preview its mobile and desktop versions to understand how it will look on any device. Templates can be changed on any stage of the web design process without content loss.
- Integrable Widgets. The website builder has a collection of integrable widgets that can help you get the most out of your project performance. Widget collection is quite rich and includes multiple elements that can be a great match for your project (Social Networking Buttons, User Comments, Online Chat, Timeline, Timer, Online Service Calculator – uCalc, Call Back Widget are only some of the best samples).
- eCommerce Engine. uKit deserves the attention due to its powerful eCommerce options. When using the system, you can choose between two modes that enable you to connect a web store to your website. You can either connect an existing eCommerce widget available in stock or integrate an Ecwid plugin to get a full-featured eCommerce website.
- Extensive Integration Options. With uKit, it is possible to integrate with other third-party services (like Video and Audio Players, Analytics, streaming apps etc.) for the enhanced customer generation level, growth of client base, statistics collection and analysis. Thus, CRM integration, for example, lets you increase the amount of sales, control lead flow, conversion rate statistics and aspects that affect them.
- Shared Web Management Rights. uKit is a nice choice for team work. A project manager can share website access rights with co-workers, who mutually design a project. They will be responsible exclusively for website development and promotion, while the owner of the website will have access to payment and billing info.
Cost: uKit is the cheapest website builder you can now find in the modern web design niche.The website builder offers four paid plans. Their cost ranges between $4/mo and up to $12/mo based on the terms and features included. Thus, even the most advanced and expensive plan is more than affordable for everyone, providing a broad spectrum of features. Whatever paid plan you will go for, you will be certainly satisfied with the cost aspect.
WordPress – is the best free Adobe Muse alternative, if you decide to launch a website with CMS. The system is mostly worth the attention of experienced web designers, whose skills and programming knowledge help them make use of the entire feature set of the platform. WordPress also enjoys popularity with those users, who are just starting the exploration of the web design niche and don’t wish to use website builder for some reasons. Let’s have a look at the features that make the system so popular in the contemporary web design market:
- Blogging Engine. The CMS has initially won worldwide recognition as a blogging platform, but it quickly developed into an all-in-one solution. When it comes to blog development, though, the system is one of the leaders of the web design niche.
- Plugin Integration. This is, probably, the most distinctive, WordPress advantage – the one it is really proud of. It’s close to impossible to calculate the exact number of free and paid plugins available in the system and on the web. The amount of integrable plugins and add-ons notably exceeds that available in stock. There is one only nuance you should take into consideration here: make sure you deal with a trusted web developer, when selecting a plugin out there. Otherwise, your entire website safety and confidential information may be at risk.
- Template Choice. The selection of templates available in stock is not quite extensive in WordPress. However, you can search much more of them on the web to further customize them as you wish. WordPress templates may be also free and paid. The selection terms and usage recommendations are nearly the same as well, because external WordPress themes are also developed by web designers you don’t know at all.
- Code Editing. The system implies the awareness of coding skills and basics. If you don’t have any command of programming language, it may be a challenge for you to create a unique website. However, if your web design skills are on a decent level, you’ll get advantage of using them.
- Extensive User Community. Even though, the CMS cannot boast powerful customer support, users’ needs for quality assistance are fully compensated by the information provided by the extensive user community, which has grown a lot since the date of the system’s foundation.
- Free Hosting Choice. WordPress doesn’t have its own integrated hosting, but each user has an opportunity to select any hosting of his/her choice.
Cost: WordPress is a free open-source Content Management System. Users can create and manage websites at no cost at all here. However, if you have the need to create full-featured projects with lots of functions, plugins, widgets and high quality templates, you won’t go without buying them on the web. Additionally, you’ll need to take care of hosting as WordPress doesn’t have an integrated hosting solution. Actually, the best hosting provider, which is also the official recommendation of the the system itself, is Bluehost. Apart from a wide array of services, it offers three plans, the cost of which starts with $2.95/mo and reaches up to $5.45/mo.
Adobe Muse is a quality desktop application, which has a visual editor simplifying the web building process. However, the system is not quite easy to use for people lacking web design skills and it also implies the necessity to perform extra actions to make a website accessible on the web. The choice of the best Adobe Muse alternative is frequently a challenge, unless you know what serves to pay attention to, when proceeding to website development process.
TOP Adobe Muse Alternatives:
Wix is the best all-in-one website builder, which allows launching different types of websites. Its amazing feature set, extensive web design and customization options, simplicity and affordability have made the system the undeniable substitution to Adobe Muse.
uKit is a high quality website builder, which works great for launching small business websites, although, you can also use the system to create other websites. There is no need to understand web design or coding aspects, choose hosting and upload your website to it. Everything is done directly in the system, which ensures decent result and hassle-free web building experience.
WordPress is a free open-source CMS, which enjoys worldwide popularity due to its simplicity, feature set, no special requirements for coding knowledge and great result you will eventually avail. The system is also known for its powerful integration options that also contribute to great result.
These systems are specially created with the needs of users in mind. They are a nice choice for non-techies, but they also work great for proficient web developers. All the platforms are easy-to-use, convenient and super effective. They ensure smooth and successful web design experience, triggering decent result.